Subject: "(DELETED) [NEXUS] Soash the Druid of Wind" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #80816
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 03-Jun-09 01:32 PM
Member since 03rd Oct 2024
17208 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#80816, "(DELETED) [NEXUS] Soash the Druid of Wind"

Wed Jun 3 13:30:47 2009

At 2 o'clock AM, Day of the Sun, 6th of the Month of the Winter Wolf
on the Theran calendar Soash perished, never to return.

Race:cloud
Class:druid
Level:44
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:NEXUS, Nexus, Seekers of Balance
Hours:157

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

smashtroo (Guest)Wed 03-Jun-09 04:00 PM

#80821, "Huy."
In response to Reply #0

It'd been a few years since I last played, so Soash was my comeback character. And since I'm also a newb, he was great for re-learning the game. Utility classes like druids and bards work really well for this. Hey, druids even come with bash protection!

Soash was sphere Water and a follower of Rayihn. So, he went around trying to show people that they were actually dependent on Water and should worship it. (Example, Dwarf: Ah farkin haate water! Soash: But beard man need drink water, yuh?) Another thing Soash would do is try to give people baths. He had a few takers too. Made for some pretty funny RP. The fact that Rayihn's shrine is a Bath house was coincidence, but worked nicely for Soash's role.

At first, because of events in his past, Soash was anti-fire, but eventually came to terms with it. He got into fights because of it too. People would be like, Hey, turn this fire sword into wood. Soash'd be like, Nuh. And then there'd be a rumble. Fighting without fireseeds was tough too, considering it's a big go-to when most your fights are on roads. Anyway, this kind of self-induced flaw was interesting while it lasted.

Joining Nexus: I never set out to join the cabal. Actually, I picked neutral/neutral by accident. (Read again: I R newb.) Anyways, I gradually realized that the only people asking me to group and rank were Nexans. Then they started asking that I join, so I thought about it and eventually did. This was probably the biggest mistake I made in Soash's life. The fun factor quickly plummeted after induction. Problem was that as a Nexan against a Village horde, you're going to spend most of the time defending and retrieving. Raiding? Don't think I ever saw that happen, really. And the bigger problem is that the terrain is mostly civilized. So, I was really limited in what I could do. I had to rely more on pets, and non-terrain dependent stuff, which just wasn't getting it done. Combine that with DB + vulnerabilities to wrath and poisoned weapons = game over. I know I didn't HAVE to fight on roads and most the time, I tried to lure villagers to the wilderness. But even then, I was still getting rolled. In conclusion, I've realized that I, for whatever reason, am a player that likes to have a bit more control over when and where he fights. As a druid and as a Nexan, I felt like this was rarely ever the case. Since it was my first cabal and I respected most of my cabalmates, I held out. Also, I feel like, generally, people should do their best to stick it out in their cabal.

Top end druid skills: Once I got birdform, I had ALOT of fun flying around, but without speech (not counting bond speech), I sucked as a scout. Still, thank you, Zulg, for making the form more viable. I never got to see what you did with bearform. As for the Hunt, based on what I'd seen in the forums and logs, I had thought that the Hunt was going to rip people to shreds. That was unreasonable thinking though. Actually, it was the other way around. Villagers would rip the Hunt to shreds. It probably would have done better against other classes, players, etc., but most times, gauge balance was telling me to hunt villagers first and everyone else second. And when most of the terrain between the Island and the Village is not Hunt-friendly, it becomes even less of a viable tactic for the cabal wars. Yes, I know I could lure people out to the wild, maybe even the deep wilds, but people are smart and don't do that, especially under a full moon. Then again, being a newb, I lack a lot of area knowledge, so I'd send off the Hunt and then have trouble finding the fight.

Edges: I took Ehren Soul after getting ganked by Imperials a few times. (Senket, you were the exception.) Problem is that I didn't know that this edge is affected by your pets. So, yeah, if you're a druid, don't take it if you like fighting with your pets. It's such an expensive edge and I rendered it useless. That sucked, but oh well. Live and learn. Maybe update the helpfile? I just thought it would be PC ganking not mob ganking too.

Ok, didn't mean for this to be a complaint or gripe note. Not at all. Maybe it's a cautionary tale for wouldbe newbie Nexan cloud druids.

On a positive note, I had so much fun RPing with Soash. Yes, ranking groups by default don't RP much. Too busy spamming dirt, flurry, disarm and such. So what? I'd still ask about people's pasts, try to sponge them down, things like that, and eventually, people would open up and interact. It made things like ranking alot more fun. But it's a two-way street, I know. Give and you'll usually receive.

In the end, I made alot of people laugh with this char and that's good enough for me. As a player, my main goal was to make people's lives just a bit more enjoyable. I think I succeeded, even with enemies. And that gives me a warm and fuzzy.

Nacklewig (Guest)Wed 03-Jun-09 02:50 PM

#80820, "Ugg, that sucks!"
In response to Reply #0

You know, I really liked hanging out with you. Very interesting RP angle. What happened to you? Maybe our times stopped syncing up.

Nac!

Vythigor (Guest)Wed 03-Jun-09 02:06 PM

#80817, "Liked you nt"
In response to Reply #0

nt

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #80816 Previous topic | Next topic