Subject: "(RAGE DELETE) [NEXUS] Eterlu the Legend of the Battlefi..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #80633
Show all folders

Death_AngelFri 29-May-09 08:44 PM
Member since 03rd Oct 2024
17208 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#80633, "(RAGE DELETE) [NEXUS] Eterlu the Legend of the Battlefield, Rhyme of Resistance"

Fri May 29 20:40:37 2009

At 12 o'clock PM, Day of Thunder, 3rd of the Month of the Grand Struggle
on the Theran calendar Eterlu perished, never to return.

Race:half-elf
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:NEXUS, Nexus, Seekers of Balance
Hours:199

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (RAGE DELETE) [NEXUS] Eterlu the Legend of the Batt..., Gahdak (Guest), 01-Jun-09 12:22 PM, #7
Reply You made me grin. I didn't expect that. I expected anot..., Eterlu (Guest), 01-Jun-09 05:55 PM, #12
Reply RE: Rievar comment for you to see, Rogue, 01-Jun-09 12:06 PM, #6
Reply RE: Rievar comment for you to see, Daevryn, 01-Jun-09 12:35 PM, #8
Reply RE: Rievar comment for you to see, Rogue, 01-Jun-09 12:49 PM, #9
     Reply You deserve all of what you get, real or imagined. nt, Scrimbul, 01-Jun-09 06:23 PM, #14
          Reply I was honestly waiting for you to pipe up, rarely I pos..., Rogue, 01-Jun-09 07:34 PM, #15
Reply Suck it, Trebek. If I was OOC(Which if that Imm says I ..., Eterlu (Guest), 01-Jun-09 05:57 PM, #13
Reply RE: (RAGE DELETE) [NEXUS] Eterlu the Legend of the Batt..., Daevryn, 01-Jun-09 11:08 AM, #5
Reply I turned wussy and let other people get me down(Rogue), Eterlu (Guest), 01-Jun-09 05:49 PM, #10
     Reply Quitting your leadership position made it suck even har..., Nexus_member (Guest), 01-Jun-09 10:53 PM, #16
          Reply Yeah, I'll entirely agree with this. I was getting ####..., Eterlu (Guest), 02-Jun-09 06:27 AM, #17
Reply Impressive the way you picked yourself up and kept troo..., Victacar (Guest), 01-Jun-09 10:56 AM, #4
Reply Loved your speech, Eterlu (Guest), 01-Jun-09 05:53 PM, #11
Reply Damn, Landser (Guest), 29-May-09 10:35 PM, #2
Reply You rocked., Eterlu (Guest), 01-Jun-09 06:58 AM, #3
Reply Why? You were my hero - noone died like you n/t, Dervish, 29-May-09 08:53 PM, #1

Gahdak (Guest)Mon 01-Jun-09 12:22 PM

#80702, "RE: (RAGE DELETE) [NEXUS] Eterlu the Legend of the Batt..."
In response to Reply #0

You were my favorite enemy.

Near to the top of all time favorite enemy.

Can't really express how awesome it was to be online when you were, so I will just leave it at that.

Great run.

Eterlu (Guest)Mon 01-Jun-09 05:55 PM

#80712, "You made me grin. I didn't expect that. I expected anot..."
In response to Reply #7

You also rocked. LOVED how beast-like you were. You ran into an area....Blood followed - Whether it was yours or an enemy's.

Definitely an awesome Rager. You were probably up there with Woldrun/Landser as far as me thinking you entirely bad ass.

RogueMon 01-Jun-09 12:06 PM
Member since 24th Sep 2003
718 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#80701, "RE: Rievar comment for you to see"
In response to Reply #0

Sun May 3 23:14:02 2009 by 'Daevryn' at level 40 (88 hrs):
I hear people complain about this guy being a super full looting dbag, but to be fair, everyone I've heard say that so far is themselves definitely a super full looting dbag.

What goes around comes around, and I'm impressed you got
as far as you did.

DaevrynMon 01-Jun-09 12:35 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#80704, "RE: Rievar comment for you to see"
In response to Reply #6

Whether or not it would be fair, I'm 90% sure Eterlu wasn't one of the people I was thinking of when I wrote that comment.

But I said that almost a month ago, and who knows what the hell I'm thinking half the time?

RogueMon 01-Jun-09 12:49 PM
718 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#80705, "RE: Rievar comment for you to see"
In response to Reply #8

Wonder if you were the Imm I complained about his OOC with, and told
me he's a bitch to deal with, shrug. Eterlu started that whole
full loot BS, and used QHCF to further it OOC.

People like him, ruin many a character.

ScrimbulMon 01-Jun-09 06:23 PM
Member since 22nd Apr 2003
884 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#80714, "You deserve all of what you get, real or imagined. nt"
In response to Reply #9

Bard Repertoire Clarifications:
http://forums.carrionfields.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=6&topic_id=23735&mesg_id=23735&page=

RogueMon 01-Jun-09 07:34 PM
718 posts
#80715, "I was honestly waiting for you to pipe up, rarely I pos..."
In response to Reply #14

But when you play characters like Bok that strip corpses you walk up on, and sac left and right the rare occassions you actually kill something yourself or in a group of less than three, I guess that level of animosity can build up when going against players of my calibre.

Typical, as you always have been.

Eterlu (Guest)Mon 01-Jun-09 05:57 PM

#80713, "Suck it, Trebek. If I was OOC(Which if that Imm says I ..."
In response to Reply #6

Then you're......well......worse and stuff.

Suck it.

DaevrynMon 01-Jun-09 11:08 AM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#80699, "RE: (RAGE DELETE) [NEXUS] Eterlu the Legend of the Batt..."
In response to Reply #0

It's cool that you got into a lot of fights. I imagine you learned a lot. It's a good way to improve quickly.

God damn though man, would it have killed you to use some potions? Now that outfit is decent, you probably should have spent more of your ghost time getting return/teleport/fly potions ready to go -- especially when some of that is easily purchasable in your hometown and/or cabal.

Also: did you have to campaign for a leadership spot and then delete that soon after winning the vote?

Eterlu (Guest)Mon 01-Jun-09 05:49 PM

#80710, "I turned wussy and let other people get me down(Rogue)"
In response to Reply #5

I felt ####ty when I did it, but when I even hear Rayihn accidentaly make a comment about me on CB.....It was time to delete the character. I mean, hell, nobody liked me. Rayihn sure as heck didn't want me to be Rhyme, and even though I enjoy playing characters and ignoring other's opinions.......When that opinion is THAT MUCH of the majority.....I pulled out(Yo mamma).

But yeah.

Sorry about that.

Really.

Nexus sucks all ready, I think I just helped it suck harder.

Nexus_member (Guest)Mon 01-Jun-09 10:53 PM

#80719, "Quitting your leadership position made it suck even har..."
In response to Reply #10

If Nexus sucks, it's due in part to a lack of leadership. Note: I didn't qualify that. Any leadership would be better than none at this point. The cabal finally had that with you and Sideon, but you threw it away.

Seriously, I can almost understand people who get inducted, then delete two days later. But leaders? Stay in the spot, learn it, get better at it, help others. Otherwise, the freakin cycle continues. Take Battle for example. Great leadership holding that bad boy together.

Anyways, main point is: you should've stuck it out a bit more. People were depending on you.

Eterlu (Guest)Tue 02-Jun-09 06:27 AM

#80727, "Yeah, I'll entirely agree with this. I was getting ####..."
In response to Reply #16

And with the worthless came the deleting.

Victacar (Guest)Mon 01-Jun-09 10:56 AM

#80698, "Impressive the way you picked yourself up and kept troo..."
In response to Reply #0

I am guessing your response to this post will be very negative (see below). But I have nothing but good things to say about your character except the one bitching match you got involved with on the forums with that one guy about looting.

I very much enjoyed your "rumble time" attitude, and your willingness to go in swinging. I have my reasons for disliking Nexus, and I am far from a "villager". We did discuss it on an occasion or two, and I thank you for that interaction.

Beyond that, I am sure many people hate me for a whole host of reasons, and I am sure many people have an assumption of how I should act, which is fine . I have my own things going on and as an independent, it is sometimes hard for others to see you as more than just a "grifter", which is what I think you will think. Which is also fine.

Good luck with next and I really enjoyed everything you brought to the table.

Eterlu (Guest)Mon 01-Jun-09 05:53 PM

#80711, "Loved your speech"
In response to Reply #4

It was great. Only one line turned me off, but that, I think, is just due to the voice I read it in. The "Well, I am vile". Personal distaste to it, though, I guess.

Nah, I know I got whine-filled a few deaths. It was normally the "Commeeee onnnN! I just unghosted! FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUU"

Etc.

Either way, you were awesomely enjoyably. I took the time to save that conversation and send it to a few friends who, though they don't play CF, enjoy reading ROLEPLAY texts.

Landser (Guest)Fri 29-May-09 10:35 PM

#80637, "Damn"
In response to Reply #0

I had a great time fighting you. I'm sad that I wasn't around for
your last days, but hotel wi-fi is no place for mudding (usually.)

Our rivalry got off to a great start, if I remember correctly, I told
you I'd give you a moment to heal and you said "No need" and impaled
me. I thought that was pretty cool.

I feel like our fights were rarely evenly matched. Either you'd mop
the floor with me or I'd stomp you right to the ground. I wish you'd
mentioned what you were affected with or who you were bonded with
for your logs. (I did download your RS log-archive, so I guess I
could look it up myself, but I haven't yet.)

All in all, you were a great enemy. Thanks.

Eterlu (Guest)Mon 01-Jun-09 06:58 AM

#80693, "You rocked."
In response to Reply #2

Yeah, our fights were heavily either one way or the other. Normally I didn't have any affects other than warcry, vanguard, and eye of equilibirum, but I'm sure there's a few where I was hastened or something of the like.

I always spoke of you as the epitome of Battlerager righteous honor - Because you were.

I'm going to be picking this PBF up in a bit. Anyone else want one? I'm not going to buy 50 or anything like that, and I'll definitely be biased towards those that Eterlu knew, but I'll gladly buy a few PBFs.

Reply to this. Give me the names.

DervishFri 29-May-09 08:53 PM
Member since 11th Oct 2003
617 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via ICQ
#80634, "Why? You were my hero - noone died like you n/t"
In response to Reply #0

nt

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #80633 Previous topic | Next topic