Subject: "(AUTO) [None] Treyana the Druidess of Flame" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #80584
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 28-May-09 04:52 AM
Member since 03rd Oct 2024
17207 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#80584, "(AUTO) [None] Treyana the Druidess of Flame"

Thu May 28 04:48:17 2009

At 1 o'clock PM, Day of the Sun, 6th of the Month of the Great Evil
on the Theran calendar Treyana perished, never to return.

Race:wood-elf
Class:druid
Level:45
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:None, None
Hours:68

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Ah, Treana.. Not many goodbyes, but some explanations., EXB, 28-May-09 04:28 PM, #3
Reply No offense, hug (Guest), 28-May-09 05:08 PM, #4
Reply Never said it wasn't fair and never said I wouldn't acc..., EXB, 29-May-09 12:05 AM, #9
     Reply You know.., Java, 29-May-09 12:09 AM, #11
          Reply RE: You know.., EXB, 30-May-09 01:49 AM, #13
          Reply But You can't Order Liveoak can you?, Druidish (Guest), 30-May-09 12:49 PM, #15
               Reply wow you people are amzing, EXB, 31-May-09 04:41 AM, #18
                    Reply No one believes you. But I'm tired of arguing it, so.. ..., Java, 31-May-09 04:49 AM, #19
          Reply RE: You know.., Isildur, 30-May-09 04:22 PM, #17
Reply RE: Ah, Treana.. Not many goodbyes, but some explanatio..., Iunna, 28-May-09 08:41 PM, #5
Reply uhh pvp is a game of speed and positioning, laxicus (Guest), 28-May-09 11:28 PM, #7
Reply I would have preferred the name change so much earlier ..., EXB, 29-May-09 12:02 AM, #8
     Reply You came to the shrine without a sphere chosen., Iunna, 29-May-09 06:31 PM, #12
          Reply what in the world..., EXB, 30-May-09 01:54 AM, #14
Reply Yes, yes, you just liked the sound of the name, Beront (Guest), 28-May-09 11:21 PM, #6
     Reply Mmmm, I'm flattered., EXB, 29-May-09 12:07 AM, #10
Reply How you got away with that name for 45 levels is beyond..., Bewildered (Guest), 28-May-09 12:47 PM, #1
     Reply She had a perfectly valid RP reason nt, lurker, 28-May-09 01:20 PM, #2
          Reply I Lol'd. n/t, ForsoothAnon, 30-May-09 02:48 PM, #16

EXBThu 28-May-09 04:28 PM
Member since 15th Jun 2005
102 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#80597, "Ah, Treana.. Not many goodbyes, but some explanations."
In response to Reply #0

This was my first w-elf druid... I must say that I've done clouds in the past and I think those might remain my favorite. Just sucks when you have someone exploiting poisonous/wrathing and wooden weapons at the same time.

I actually managed to level too quickly with her though... shield block was only around 77% there at the end and parry not much higher, so most fights were simply painful. To add to that, I tried following Iunna as a first time (which painfully showed) and from the get-go it was pretty disenchanting... Not good when a god thinks you're in the wrong shrine afterall.

In any case, there just wasn't any guidance and I wish there could have been. Combining that to the beat downs for not having great defenses and I just wasn't lighting fires under anyone's arses. heh

As far as the name, yeah, screw you. Blows my mind how some people are just 110% positive somebody does something like that for powergame reasons. I just liked the sound of the name, but I always try to accomplish those sounds in unconventional means... treana was still suppose to retain three syllables, and when I was able to change my name, picked a more appropriate spelling which emulated the sound better.

I was actually rather annoyed when people would target the stupid treant, but luckily it wasn't too often. Just.. what the hell... too hard to stick treana in an alias? Or people just THAT lazy and type in dirt tr, cause I feel like most are guilty of two-three letter targeting.

Anyway.. decided to toss her out the window and knew it was done when the only reason I would have kept her around was cause of the 500 gold in her bank than for actual desire to play her. That was always another pet peeve of mine.. thank you all for naming me the winner in that contest thingy. It was funny how I had spent several hours putting that together the day before just for RP between Iunna and I, and then it just seemed a perfect forum to present it.

My pet peeve is that I didn't even get 200 xp or anything. I don't wanna come across like I expect it, but I feel like there is a bit of a standard that's been set across the board when they do those little events.. and usually participants and/or winners get a little xp tossed there way. I didn't get nothin.

But yeah, wish I could have been more enamored with your religion Iunna, but I suppose it ain't for me, or wasn't that time.

hug (Guest)Thu 28-May-09 05:08 PM

#80598, "No offense"
In response to Reply #3

but when your name is one letter off the spelling of a pet you can call, and you didn't think of it when you created the character, it is still really suspect. If it was truly unintentional,

As for targetting, it is quicker for people who don't use alias'es to use shorter versions of it (whole reason it was put in), this includes hitting, directed specs, etc. So apparently everyone should, during the heat of a battle, type in every time, "artery Treana" to make sure they don't hit that Treant which came into the room last and is automatically the 1. trean?

Even with aliases, during battles, you don't have every skill 'aliased' for a name, especially mid battle only ones. So you have the same problem.

Basically it was just unfair and I hope you see why and accept the responsibility for it instead of trying to pin the responsibility on other players.

Beyond that, good luck with your next.

EXBFri 29-May-09 12:05 AM
102 posts
#80616, "Never said it wasn't fair and never said I wouldn't acc..."
In response to Reply #4

I was annoyed and disturbed by everyone up in arms about it being 100% intentional. That wasn't the truth.

I was annoyed every single time I could tell someone would hit the liveoak instead of me because of the name thing. I don't like to win my battles that way, period. I was very thankful for the name change, but I also don't get why it took until 45. On the other hand, I do realize now that I didn't go praying for a name change and maybe I should have after people starting complaining.

JavaFri 29-May-09 12:09 AM
Member since 07th Apr 2003
1055 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#80618, "You know.."
In response to Reply #9

I don't believe you.

You're just not that stupid, honestly. You knew you were rolling a Druid when you chose that name. You knew that, for a huge part of your character's life, you would have a Treant following that character's life.

You can't tell me that it never occurred to you that Treana and Treant start with the same five letters. I mean, I guess you can tell me that. But then I'll call you a liar.

Now you're going to get all up and arms about me calling you a liar, when you just made a simple mistake. But I don't give ####. You chose a name because you wanted it to give you an advantage. Everyone knew it. Even you. Play the game and deny it if you want, but no one buys it.

*I never fought or interacted with Treana IC. Even if I did, I use a simple targetting alias, so I doubt it would matter. But some people don't or simply can't do that, and so this DOES hamstring them. You can call them lazy if you want, but shortening names is accepted for a reason.

EXBSat 30-May-09 01:49 AM
102 posts
#80639, "RE: You know.."
In response to Reply #11

completely valid point except for one thing. Its not
co 'summon treant', its co 'liveoak'

having played several druids(while back) this is how itt
didn't click. in my head i wasnt thinking treant

Druidish (Guest)Sat 30-May-09 12:49 PM

#80643, "But You can't Order Liveoak can you?"
In response to Reply #13

It's Order Treant.

And you have too many "Come to think of its" in your post.

You lied and treants died.

EXBSun 31-May-09 04:41 AM
102 posts
#80661, "wow you people are amzing"
In response to Reply #15

at being narrow-minded.

Correct: order treant

My typical use: order all
My secondary use: aa

aa= #alias aa (order treant rescue)

The only time I conciously reference that power is by way of commune liveoak. But like I said, whatever?

JavaSun 31-May-09 04:49 AM
Member since 07th Apr 2003
1055 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#80662, "No one believes you. But I'm tired of arguing it, so.. ..."
In response to Reply #18

You got busted this time. So in the future maybe you'll be a little less cheap. That's all I'm hoping.

IsildurSat 30-May-09 04:22 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
#80646, "RE: You know.."
In response to Reply #11

I used to choose names because they were hard to type. Heh. It's hard to do that and still get a name that doesn't sound like someone randomly strung together letters. Seriously. Try it sometime.

IunnaThu 28-May-09 08:41 PM
473 posts
#80605, "RE: Ah, Treana.. Not many goodbyes, but some explanatio..."
In response to Reply #3

I can't even begin to tell you how much flak I got for empowering
that name. I didn't catch on until afterwards when another IMM
criticized me for it, and oh well. My personal opinion was that
if you can't type out six letters, you're just being ####ing lazy.
In the end I caved and asked you to change it because I got so
god damn tired of listening to the various playerbase complaints.

As far as the religion goes - I seriously never understood why you
came to the shrine without a sphere. The whole conversation I kept
trying to ICly ask you what drove you and it seemed like you didn't
want to pick one. I don't know if it was because you didn't think I
was going to empower you or what, but it really put me off from the
get-go. On top of that, yeah, I got a big-time Shazirah religion feel
from everything you were saying, which didn't help.

That said I'm sorry things didn't work out for you on any level.
A lot of it just seemed like a struggle. I hope you have better
luck with the next.

laxicus (Guest)Thu 28-May-09 11:28 PM

#80613, "uhh pvp is a game of speed and positioning"
In response to Reply #5

forcing someone to always type out 5 letters instead of 2 or three when targetting is without doubt a significant advantage. Assuming we all move at the same speed mechanically if i need to achieve three more keystrokes then you to achieve the same thing (plus I get penalized when I type in less) then well...

Your sentiment shouldn't be people are too lazy to type six letters, it should be people are too lazy to build simple targetting and alias systems since thats what all the mediocre and better players do.

EXBFri 29-May-09 12:02 AM
102 posts
#80615, "I would have preferred the name change so much earlier ..."
In response to Reply #5

What do you mean without a sphere? I was sphere fire and I wanted to be driven by both the physical and the metaphorical aspects of it. But from the get go, I got the impression you wanted me to throw that out the window and then yes.. I wasn't left with too much to work with.

As far as Shazirah, I was real hesitant on trying reform the basis for the character. I wanted and planned to be more offensive, but that was painfully difficult being up against the plethora of villagers without practicing my defenses better. The desert goddess seemed a bit more, watch and help from the side lines and that was far from the end goal that I sought.

Which I think is my problem... I know I could have gotten there too, but I felt like you had some immediate expectation.

But yeah.. could you elaborate on not wanting to pick a sphere? Thought I had...

IunnaFri 29-May-09 06:27 PM
473 posts
#80631, "You came to the shrine without a sphere chosen."
In response to Reply #8
Edited on Fri 29-May-09 06:31 PM

In fact, I tried to ICly get you to pick one, and you didn't,
so I did the best I could trying to glean out what sphere it
was you were trying to follow, and then used force to have
you pick it.

Tue Mar 10 22:26:14 2009 by 'Iunna' at level 10 (1 hrs):
Initial empowerment interview started off shaky - I wasn't really getting an Iunna vibe from her, plus she hadn't picked a sphere yet. Seemed to come around after some prompting from Goroel.

As to the name - why didn't you just ask for a name change
then?

EXBSat 30-May-09 01:54 AM
102 posts
#80640, "what in the world..."
In response to Reply #12

I dont even understand how that happened then... I've never gone to a gods shrine without a chosen sphere... I especially don't recall you using a force command on me to pick it. Huh, I'm flabbergasted.

Beront (Guest)Thu 28-May-09 11:21 PM

#80612, "Yes, yes, you just liked the sound of the name"
In response to Reply #3

####ing retard. You broke the rule because of the powergamer reason. Go #### yourself or admit it and still go #### yourself.

Sadly you didn't do it into my range.

EXBFri 29-May-09 12:07 AM
102 posts
#80617, "Mmmm, I'm flattered."
In response to Reply #6

And I have nothing to prove to you, nor am into self screwing, but if that works for you I won't judge. Just keep it to yourself.

Bewildered (Guest)Thu 28-May-09 12:47 PM

#80594, "How you got away with that name for 45 levels is beyond..."
In response to Reply #0

... Treana --> Treyana... really?

lurkerThu 28-May-09 01:20 PM
Member since 13th Mar 2006
249 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#80596, "She had a perfectly valid RP reason nt"
In response to Reply #1

entee

ForsoothAnonSat 30-May-09 02:48 PM
Member since 01st Feb 2007
42 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#80644, "I Lol'd. n/t"
In response to Reply #2

ntnt

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #80584 Previous topic | Next topic