Subject: "(DELETED) [SCION] Krysantur the Master of Changelings, ..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #80472
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 27-May-09 12:00 AM
Member since 03rd Oct 2024
17207 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#80472, "(DELETED) [SCION] Krysantur the Master of Changelings, Deckhand"

Tue May 26 23:58:02 2009

At 1 o'clock PM, Day of the Sun, 6th of the Month of the Dark Shades
on the Theran calendar Krysantur perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:shapeshifter
Level:47
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:SCION, the Scions of Eternal Night
Hours:84

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DELETED) [SCION] Krysantur the Master of Changelin..., Rayihn, 27-May-09 06:21 AM, #14
Reply RE: (DELETED) [SCION] Krysantur the Master of Changelin..., Krysantur (Guest), 27-May-09 09:11 AM, #18
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [SCION] Krysantur the Master of Changelin..., Baerinika, 27-May-09 12:27 PM, #22
          Reply RE: (DELETED) [SCION] Krysantur the Master of Changelin..., Krysantur (Guest), 27-May-09 01:37 PM, #23
               Reply RE: (DELETED) [SCION] Krysantur the Master of Changelin..., Daevryn, 27-May-09 02:07 PM, #24
                    Reply RE: (DELETED) [SCION] Krysantur the Master of Changelin..., Krysantur (Guest), 27-May-09 02:45 PM, #25
                    Reply Hey now !! =P, Ayalah (Guest), 27-May-09 06:11 PM, #32
                         Reply RE: Hey now !! =P, Krysantur (Guest), 27-May-09 09:36 PM, #38
                              Reply RE: Hey now !! =P, Ayalah (Guest), 28-May-09 09:40 AM, #41
                    Reply Personally I think a neutral conjurer should never die ..., Koe (Guest), 27-May-09 06:42 PM, #33
                         Reply RE: Personally I think a neutral conjurer should never ..., Daevryn, 27-May-09 07:39 PM, #35
                              Reply What if, Ayalah (Guest), 27-May-09 07:54 PM, #36
                                   Reply Hey, yeah. Now I remember, village had scepter at the t..., Krysantur (Guest), 27-May-09 09:34 PM, #37
                                        Reply RE: Hey, yeah. Now I remember, village had scepter at t..., Daevryn, 27-May-09 10:04 PM, #39
                                             Reply I wasn't there but..., Dwoggurd, 27-May-09 10:26 PM, #40
Reply Your roleplay was great. Sorry it didn't turn out the w..., Gristun (Guest), 27-May-09 06:18 AM, #13
Reply RE: (DELETED) [SCION] Krysantur the Master of Changelin..., Krysantur (Guest), 27-May-09 12:33 AM, #1
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [SCION] Krysantur the Master of Changelin..., Old Player (Guest), 27-May-09 12:39 AM, #2
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [SCION] Krysantur the Master of Changelin..., That assassin (Guest), 27-May-09 12:51 AM, #3
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [SCION] Krysantur the Master of Changelin..., Krysantur (Guest), 27-May-09 12:58 AM, #4
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [SCION] Krysantur the Master of Changelin..., That assassin (Guest), 27-May-09 01:07 AM, #5
     Reply Okay, post the the two logs. I'm not sure how that is g..., Krysantur (Guest), 27-May-09 01:10 AM, #6
          Reply RE: Okay, post the the two logs. I'm not sure how that ..., That assassin (Guest), 27-May-09 01:46 AM, #8
               Reply I never log anything except people showing me around ar..., Krysantur (Guest), 27-May-09 09:13 AM, #19
     Reply Sadly most players don't want to roleplay., Cavefisher (Guest), 27-May-09 01:53 AM, #10
     Reply I blame edgepoints., Captainobvious (Guest), 27-May-09 03:20 AM, #11
          Reply RE: I blame edgepoints., Daevryn, 27-May-09 08:08 AM, #17
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [SCION] Krysantur the Master of Changelin..., Daevryn, 27-May-09 08:05 AM, #16
          Reply RE: (DELETED) [SCION] Krysantur the Master of Changelin..., Krysantur (Guest), 27-May-09 09:22 AM, #20
     Reply Ahahahaha, and why, Kjrorh (Guest), 27-May-09 01:34 AM, #7
          Reply Oh Kostyan/Beront, Truthteller (Guest), 27-May-09 01:47 AM, #9
     Reply RE: Krysantur, Neltouda, 27-May-09 04:38 AM, #12
     Reply RE: Krysantur, Krysantur (Guest), 27-May-09 09:41 AM, #21
     Reply Fermented passionfruit with a squirt of sour, Derieag (Guest), 27-May-09 07:19 AM, #15
     Reply My .02, Dierj (Guest), 27-May-09 02:54 PM, #26
     Reply RE: My .02, Krysantur (Guest), 27-May-09 03:06 PM, #28
     Reply Kill the giant for me? I'm a goodie, I swear., Cimere (Guest), 27-May-09 03:00 PM, #27
     Reply RE: Kill the giant for me? I'm a goodie, I swear., Krysantur (Guest), 27-May-09 03:25 PM, #29
     Reply Boo!, Tameron (Guest), 27-May-09 03:32 PM, #30
     Reply Hey, it's the walrus., Beeble (Guest), 27-May-09 05:19 PM, #31
     Reply I thought you were all right., Battlewarrior (Guest), 27-May-09 06:58 PM, #34

RayihnWed 27-May-09 06:21 AM
Member since 08th Oct 2006
1147 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#80509, "RE: (DELETED) [SCION] Krysantur the Master of Changelin..."
In response to Reply #0

I generally enjoyed your RP from a couple of different faces. Roll up a non mage Rayihn follower, eh? You clearly found the religion interesting. Or...you were whoring for xp. Either way, I was there!

Krysantur (Guest)Wed 27-May-09 09:11 AM

#80516, "RE: (DELETED) [SCION] Krysantur the Master of Changelin..."
In response to Reply #14

Was not whoring for XP, though I get the feeling you were the one who gave me a lot of mine so thank you. With Rayihn I was particularly enjoying Krysantur's whole confusion over basic human emotions (especially things like love) which he didn't really understand too well since his original form was one that just couldn't understand that sort of thing / didn't have it.

Thanks for being there, I really enjoyed our interactions and also that time you did not smite me even though I was talking about eating your elf in front of you

BaerinikaWed 27-May-09 12:27 PM
Member since 23rd Jan 2007
338 posts
#80528, "RE: (DELETED) [SCION] Krysantur the Master of Changelin..."
In response to Reply #18

I do feel inclined to offer some advice here. You were a water/defense shifter who didn't have his final defense form. You were trying to murder people on land with walrus. Maybe you didn't notice/know but walrus sucks on land. I think your problem was less ABS and more a lack of playing to your advantages. For your play style you should have gone air/def or off/def I think.

So all in all I suggest you give it another chance.

Krysantur (Guest)Wed 27-May-09 01:37 PM

#80529, "RE: (DELETED) [SCION] Krysantur the Master of Changelin..."
In response to Reply #22

While you probably have a good point per walrus, a fair number of those fights (though, in fairness, probably not most) - including the one where I ate 400 damage in one round - were raid situations that I couldn't really avoid without Scion pooping all over me for being a bad cabal member. AFAIK walrus's dam redux isn't affected on land, but since this is another one of those "black box" things that only the person who coded it can really know for sure, I guess I wouldn't know.

I did not notice a very big difference on land versus water for the walrus, except some extra damage output. I think you are right about my form choices not fitting my playstyle - the only reason I picked water, to be honest, was because it made way too much sense for the roleplay of the character.

My next, if there is one, will definitely be a non-mage unless ABS gets overhauled for the better.

DaevrynWed 27-May-09 01:56 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#80530, "RE: (DELETED) [SCION] Krysantur the Master of Changelin..."
In response to Reply #23
Edited on Wed 27-May-09 02:07 PM

>AFAIK
>walrus's dam redux isn't affected on land, but since this is
>another one of those "black box" things that only the person
>who coded it can really know for sure, I guess I wouldn't
>know.

You have a way of exaggerating things.

There's no way to figure out if you're taking more damage or not without having written the code? Are you serious?

Edited to add:

You know, I think it's great that you picked a focus that fit your RP. I think in the fullness of time once you had hit your stride you could have done some pretty nasty things with it.

But all that being said... if you can't win a fight on land with only a water form... that's not the fault of A/B/S or Battle being overpowered or anything like that. That's you making a choice that, while it makes your character very tough in some situations is very limiting in others, and trying to win fights in which you are very disadvantaged.

I mean, no offense, but you and Ayalah decided to try to gang down an unbonded Nexus conjurer (not on anyone's power character list) and, despite your incredibly stronger cabal powers, somehow both died to him. Level 20 out of range healer or not (which you also were aware of when you picked the fight), there's really not a lot you can chalk that up to other than you not handling that whole situation very well.

Krysantur (Guest)Wed 27-May-09 02:45 PM

#80532, "RE: (DELETED) [SCION] Krysantur the Master of Changelin..."
In response to Reply #24

Am I really exaggerating things that much? I mean, I don't know about you, but I actually have a lot of trouble seeing how much dam redux I actually have. The 400 hp in one round thing is a good example here - let's say, on land, walrus's dam redux just absolutely vanishes, and so does my hide of the walrus enliven. If I'm eating 400 hp in one round without anybody critical hitting me, I still never would have guessed that I had both aura and shield up. Have you considered that maybe this seems like an exaggeration to you because your perspective is that of a person with access to the code? I won't (and didn't) say there's "no way of having a general approximation" but there's no way to be anywhere in the ballpark of positive. Except, of course, for you, and other people with access to the code.

Aside:

We tried to gang said conjurer down because he nightgaunted Ayalah previously and knowing this, I threw the first hit thinking he'd be going after us anyway. Not to mention that when he did that, balance was tilted towards good (we checked with other Nexuns), so I was even more inclined to think he would try to own me.

Was I even IN Scion at that time? I don't really remember. Regardless, I'm not sure what I was expected to do in that situation other than gore gore gore or run away. IIRC Ayalah got ####ed there because she did something very stupid (was wearing cloak of death which is like -160 hp.) As for me, I'm not sure how I could have bungled that since I was using what was basically my only option viable available to me other than running, since hare form would have done jack for damage through the lowbie healer's sanc.

I'm not trying to be a jerk or anything. But seriously, I would really like to know what you would have done differently in that situation, if you were walrus/hare.

Ayalah (Guest)Wed 27-May-09 06:11 PM

#80552, "Hey now !! =P"
In response to Reply #25

Sanctuary and heals mean a lot.

Krysantur (Guest)Wed 27-May-09 09:36 PM

#80571, "RE: Hey now !! =P"
In response to Reply #32

Haha no, I agree, sanc/healing was what screwed us there more than anything. I just know that you were kicking yourself for wearing the cloak because that was the last thing you said before you deleted

Don't worry, I did a lot of stupid stuff on this char too. Probably more so than you.

Ayalah (Guest)Thu 28-May-09 09:40 AM

#80592, "RE: Hey now !! =P"
In response to Reply #38

I wore the cloak after retrieving my stuff, and killed myself again. I couldn't stomach dying twice so fast. As a conjurer I love it when my servitors open up a can of whup-ass on someone. Killing both of us must of been real gratifying for Parvemus.

I think it's kind of funny that Daevryn is coming to your death thread to instigate in ####-talking =).

I'm okay with dying. I figure dying to others makes the game enjoyable for everyone. If I were a Scion who only fought with despoil and A/B/S I think the game would be less enjoyable for all involved.

Koe (Guest)Wed 27-May-09 06:42 PM

#80557, "Personally I think a neutral conjurer should never die ..."
In response to Reply #24

Ever. Maybe that's just because I've played a lot of them and think they are really freaking strong. If I could tank a hero transmuter tribunal, a shadow lord thief, two special guards, and the slew of gate guards in hamsah mu'tazz all at the same time and make them both run without any wands... to me that means a neutral conjurer is pretty damn tough.

DaevrynWed 27-May-09 07:39 PM
11117 posts
#80564, "RE: Personally I think a neutral conjurer should never ..."
In response to Reply #33

What if the shifter has someone to cast dismissal and they both have Scion powers?

Ayalah (Guest)Wed 27-May-09 07:54 PM

#80565, "What if"
In response to Reply #35

Neither scion has powers, the neutral conj has sanctuary and a pocket healer and the neutral conjurer is higher level?

According to the game, neutral shifter wins.

Krysantur (Guest)Wed 27-May-09 09:34 PM

#80570, "Hey, yeah. Now I remember, village had scepter at the t..."
In response to Reply #36

Thanks for making it look like odds were stacked in my favor when they really weren't, Nep. At the very least you have to admit you were wrong about me having Scion powers at the time.

DaevrynWed 27-May-09 10:04 PM
11117 posts
#80574, "RE: Hey, yeah. Now I remember, village had scepter at t..."
In response to Reply #37

>Thanks for making it look like odds were stacked in my favor
>when they really weren't, Nep.

I disagree about that, but we can argue about it all day. I'm not saying the fight was a slam dunk for your team, but it was weighted in your favor.

However, consider:

1) If you disagree with my assessment and the fight was that bad, maybe you shouldn't have picked it.

2) A healer half your level should be able to help the enemy conjurer survive. To actually KILL you in a fight that isn't in a locked room generally speaks to you making a lot of mistakes.

You can blame me for that, or you can blame the wand system for that, but only when you take ownership for your mistakes and figure out what you could have tried differently will you start to improve as a player.

> At the very least you have to
>admit you were wrong about me having Scion powers at the
>time.

I'm not certain about that. I'll have to double-check the logs.

In any case, an existing despoil doesn't go away when the Scepter is downed. With few exceptions, to be in a fight without it as a Scion mage indicates you've made a mistake.

DwoggurdWed 27-May-09 10:26 PM
Member since 20th Jan 2004
668 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#80577, "I wasn't there but..."
In response to Reply #39

At middle ranks a conjurer's servitors may one-round people.
It is not that hard to lose a fight by RNG if you don't have wands.
Like you cast dismissal, you fail (or lost concetration because it's 70%), then you eat opening round from a conjie, elemental and angel/demon. One lucky pillar or whatever and you can be near your death if not dead already.

While in general, two people are stronger than one, the actual battle can go both directions if the nexus conjurer is sanced/healed.
After all he can dismiss too.

Another thought.
I don't get why the dude deleted with his walrus form.
It's absolutely great.
You are a freaking water form and you is powerful enough on lands as a bonus. And yes, walruses are cool on land too. Good damage, good dam reduction. Maybe not that dangerous like lion or tiger, but surely is tough enough for free a land form while your actual specialization is water.
The only other form that can compete with a walrus is a crocodile.

Gristun (Guest)Wed 27-May-09 06:18 AM

#80508, "Your roleplay was great. Sorry it didn't turn out the w..."
In response to Reply #0

nt

Krysantur (Guest)Wed 27-May-09 12:33 AM

#80474, "RE: (DELETED) [SCION] Krysantur the Master of Changelin..."
In response to Reply #0

Sorry Neltouda. I really enjoyed and appreciated our interactions. The game is just unplayable for me as a mage until ABS is fixed. Woldrun did 400 damage to me in one round with three regular hits and a DB hit through aura, shield, stone skin, walrus hide dam redux, and the hide of the walrus greater enliven dam redux. Having aura, barrier, and shield at all times is not "not taking risks" when the above is possible, it's "not being suicidal." Mavent, as much of a crazy #### as he acted on his deletion thread, was pretty much on the spot with most of what he said, and part of me unfortunately thinks his thread got locked less because he was being a #### and more because he was trashing Zulgh's ugly baby that is the current sleek system.

Before anyone says I didn't look hard enough for my wands, or says that I want things super easy, or anything else like that, I want to point out I lost at least 2 con doing so. Probably more.

Special thanks to the rager assassin that spam killed me. You multikilled my desire to play, too. Thanks, from the bottom of my heart. Pad that PK ratio, you are awesome.

Old Player (Guest)Wed 27-May-09 12:39 AM

#80475, "RE: (DELETED) [SCION] Krysantur the Master of Changelin..."
In response to Reply #1

For IC reasons I won't say who I am, but I liked your character. Sneaky, and I could tell you were really into him. But I think towards the end you got frustrated you couldn't level fast enough, and also the wands which is every mage's bane. I stopped playing this game for almost two years, came back, tried to roll up an invoker and mastered most of my shields, but this sleek thing is crazy. I searched general spots I knew, and one would think someone with 12 years of play time that I have would hae found at least my damn shield. Agree that mavent acted like a crazy dope but also agree with you that he was right. The sleeks are just going to favor that little OOC ring of people who know where they are, or the imms, or both.

That assassin (Guest)Wed 27-May-09 12:51 AM

#80478, "RE: (DELETED) [SCION] Krysantur the Master of Changelin..."
In response to Reply #1

Right off the bat, #### you. #### you for being a manipulative little asshole trying to lay a guilt trip on someone.

I killed you twice. Total. Ever. That's not multi killing. You were fully clothed each time so there was no cheap waiting for you to unghost or crap like that. One was an assassinate and the other was catching you when you thought you were safe sleeping. Your own damn fault.

And, what I find most ####ed up about your comments, is that you spammed me with tells the last two days *asking* to fight me. Almost begging!

You got what you asked for. There was no multikilling. Shut the #### up, sir.

Krysantur (Guest)Wed 27-May-09 12:58 AM

#80479, "RE: (DELETED) [SCION] Krysantur the Master of Changelin..."
In response to Reply #3

Look dude, there's no need to defend yourself. Or lie about how many times you killed me. You shamelessly gang, talk ####, etc. It's been called out in more places than here, and I've had the decency not to put your name down. I'm not going to bother replying to you anymore in this thread, or anywhere else. I hope you get booted from Battle soon when Thror realizes you're ####ting all over the tablet.

PS: I didn't spam you with tells, I was trying to roleplay with you. Unsurprisingly, the only time I ever saw you actually talk to me was when you were borderline-OOC talking ####. You've pretty much proven here that your high-and-mighty RP isn't RP, it's just that you happen to be a jackass in real life. Please go away from my deletion thread.

That assassin (Guest)Wed 27-May-09 01:07 AM

#80480, "RE: (DELETED) [SCION] Krysantur the Master of Changelin..."
In response to Reply #4

You stop lying, people might stop having to point out your melodrama and ####. Your deletion thread's yours until you start making it a place for you to talk ####. You've got problems? I'm sorry. Don't try and blame others, especially by lying about it. I've got the logs of your two deaths to me. Want me to post them? Or do you not want to be called out again?

Krysantur (Guest)Wed 27-May-09 01:10 AM

#80483, "Okay, post the the two logs. I'm not sure how that is g..."
In response to Reply #5

That assassin (Guest)Wed 27-May-09 01:46 AM

#80489, "RE: Okay, post the the two logs. I'm not sure how that ..."
In response to Reply #6

Assassination:

1hp 1m 1mv 10260tnl (43.13%) look
The Study of Order
This small room is obviously designed for quiet study and contemplation.
There are many places to sit, from hard wooden chairs coupled with small
tables, to plush lounges covered with pillows. Several charts hang from
the walls with various magical formulae written on them, most of them quite
rudimentary. The room is lit by the same floating cerulean orb you have
seen all over the Consortium. An archway leads south into the foyer, while
another, larger room connects to the east. This entire room is quite plain
and austere, silent as a library. Everyone studying within moves with
a quiet grace, not making any spare movements or erratic gestures. A few
bookshelves are neatly organized alphabetically, storing journals and
various treatises on the intricate workings of order magic.

Some makeshift armguards from a white worm rest here.
A pair of boots, with long mithril talons have been dropped here.
A pair of ornately designed steel gauntlets, with giant claws
embedded in them, rest here.
Two long ribbons covered in silver-tipped feathers have been dropped here.
An oddly shaped piece of black leather has been dropped here.
A Nightwalker stands in the shadows, breathing heavily.
A Nightwalker stands in the shadows, breathing heavily.
A huge walrus with tusks of shiny ivory floats here.
(Translucent) (WANTED) Dierj is here.
The elements swirl about the diminutive form of Simshipple Fligliveryshins.

1hp 1m 1mv 10260tnl (43.13%) stalk walrus
You cannot stalk again so soon.

1hp 1m 1mv 10260tnl (43.13%)
A tusked walrus's thickens his skin to be like that of the walrus!

745hp 246m 681mv 10260tnl (43.13%)
Dierj says 'That assassin iss here'

1hp 1m 1mv 10260tnl (43.13%) ass walrus
Quickly stepping in front of a tusked walrus, you see the surprise on his face.
With a swift, fluid upswing you slice a tusked walrus's abdomen open.
Collapsing with shock and horror, a tusked walrus watches his entrails spill onto the ground.
Gripping your sword with both hands you quickly drive it through a tusked walrus's back as he falls.
As a tusked walrus gasps his final breath, you extract your sword.
A tusked walrus is DEAD!!
Horrid black mist spirals out of the mouth of a tusked walrus as he falls.
The Nightwalker vanishes, its binding broken.
1hp 1m 1mv 10210tnl (43.40%)
The edges of Dierj's being stretch and twist and he becomes a diamondback rattlesnake.

Melee kill:

1hp 1m 1mv 10160tnl (43.68%) where
People near you:
(PK) That Assassin Shepherd's Row

1hp 1m 1mv 10160tnl (43.68%)n
Shepherd's Green

People near you:
(PK) Frumburt Rolling Foothills
(PK) That Assassin Shepherd's Green

1hp 1m 1mv 10160tnl (43.68%) n
Lush Farmland

A large ram stands here watching over his herd.
A sheep stands here eating grass.

People near you:
(PK) Frumburt Rolling Foothills
(PK) Krysantur On the Banks of Voralia's Tears
(PK) That Assassin Lush Farmland

People near you:

1hp 1m 1mv 10160tnl (43.68%) stalk krys
You begin to stalk Krysantur.

People near you:

People near you:

People near you:
(PK) Frumburt Vast Plains

People near you:

People near you:

1hp 1m 1mv 10160tnl (43.68%) hide
where
You attempt to hide.

1hp 1m 1mv 10160tnl (43.68%) People near you:

1hp 1m 1mv 10160tnl (43.68%) e
Lush Farmland

Lush Farmland

Lush Farmland

where
You attempt to hide.

Lush Farmland

where
You attempt to hide.

Lush Farmland

A young girl is here washing clothing in the stream.

where
You attempt to hide.

1hp 1m 1mv 10160tnl (43.68%) ex
Obvious exits:
North - Lush Farmland
East - Lush Farmland
South - Lush Farmland
West - Lush Farmland

Lush Farmland

1hp 1m 1mv 10160tnl (43.68%) ex
Obvious exits:
North - A Farm Yard
East - On the Banks of Voralia's Tears
West - Lush Farmland

where
You attempt to hide.

On the Banks of Voralia's Tears

where
You attempt to hide.

(PK) That Assassin On the Banks of Voralia's Tears

On the Banks of Voralia's Tears

Krysantur is resting here.

1hp 1m 1mv 10160tnl (43.68%) l kry
Before you stands a handsome, well-kept human who is about six feet tall. His
blonde hair is swept back neatly, and piercing blue eyes stare out at the
world, acknowledging the presence of those around him. His face almost always
shows an unearthly calm, even in the face of terrible danger. At the same
time, his body seems to always be in some slight motion, sometimes barely
perceptible, but always there. Much of his clothing is the immaculate garb of
a noble. More protective gear can be seen about his body, however, and he
often holds a deadly weapon in his hands. Those with magical sight can sense
an aura of magic about him, undulating softly, but there is definitely
something very strange about it which is hard to define. He stands tall and
continues to survey the area around him, a warm, inviting smile on his face.
Krysantur, a male human, is covered with bleeding wounds.
Krysantur's magical aura flows evenly with moderate strength.

Krysantur is using:
<worn on finger> (Magical) a silver ring
<worn on finger> (Magical) a silver ring
<worn around neck> (Magical) a moonstone choker
<worn around neck> (Magical) a moonstone choker
<worn on body> (Magical) blue robes trimmed with iolite
<worn on head> (Magical) a halo of swirling air
<worn on face> a large savage mask
<worn on legs> some leggings from the snow worm
<worn on feet> fur-lined boots
<worn on hands> (Magical) (Glowing) some leather gloves with black inscriptions
<worn on arms> a set of polished mithril armplates
<worn about body> a skin from the snow leopard
<worn about waist> (Magical) (Glowing) a thin black belt etched with crimson runes
<worn around wrist> a bracelet of brilliant jade
<worn around wrist> (Glowing) a topaz encrusted bracelet
<mainhand wielded> a three-bladed dagger
<worn as shield> a rectangular obsidian shield

1hp 1m 1mv 10160tnl (43.68%)
Krysantur goes to sleep.

People near you:
(PK) That Assassin On the Banks of Voralia's Tears

1hp 1m 1mv 10160tnl (43.68%) murder krys
You step out of the shadows.
Krysantur yells 'Help! I am being attacked by That Assassin!'
You trample around loudly again.
Your slash MANGLES Krysantur!
Krysantur is gushing blood.

You parry Krysantur's pierce.
You dodge Krysantur's pierce.
Your slash DISMEMBERS Krysantur!
Your punch DISMEMBERS Krysantur!
Your slash MASSACRES Krysantur!
Krysantur is writhing in agony.

1hp 1m 1mv 10160tnl (43.68%) mou
With a powerful leap, you execute a rising crescent kick on Krysantur!
Your mountain storm kick MANGLES Krysantur!
Krysantur is convulsing on the ground.

You dodge Krysantur's pierce.
You step inside Krysantur's pierce with a quick backfist.
Your punch EVISCERATES Krysantur!
Krysantur is stunned, but will probably recover.
Your slash misses Krysantur.
Your punch *** DEMOLISHES *** Krysantur!
Krysantur is DEAD!!
Horrid black mist spirals out of the mouth of Krysantur as he falls.

1hp 1m 1mv 10160tnl (43.68%) l in corpse
The corpse of Krysantur contains:
( 3) (Magical) a sleek sienna rod
a set of polished mithril armplates
( 2) (Magical) a moonstone choker
(Magical) (Glowing) some leather gloves with black inscriptions
(Magical) blue robes trimmed with iolite
a skin from the snow leopard
fur-lined boots
(Magical) the Cloak of Death
(Magical) (Glowing) a misty potion
some leggings from the snow worm
(Magical) a halo of swirling air
(Glowing) a topaz encrusted bracelet
a bracelet of brilliant jade
(Magical) (Glowing) a thin black belt etched with crimson runes
(Magical) (Glowing) a floating chest
a rectangular obsidian shield
( 2) (Magical) a silver ring
a large canvas sack
( 2) (Magical) a fat purple berry
a three-bladed dagger
a large savage mask
(Magical) (Glowing) the Heart of Brimstone
(Magical) (Glowing) a ghostly scimitar
(Magical) (Glowing) a crystal longsword named 'Harbinger'
(Magical) (Glowing) a silver longsword named 'opus maledictorum'
(Glowing) (Humming) the ivory-hilted wakizashi
(Magical) the Bracelet of Charms
19 gold coins
486 silver coins
1028 copper coins

1hp 1m 1mv 10160tnl (43.68%) g all.coins corpse
You get 19 gold coins from the corpse of Krysantur.
You get 486 silver coins from the corpse of Krysantur.
You get 1028 copper coins from the corpse of Krysantur.

If you have logs of being ganged other times, go ahead and post them.

Krysantur (Guest)Wed 27-May-09 09:13 AM

#80517, "I never log anything except people showing me around ar..."
In response to Reply #8

Cavefisher (Guest)Wed 27-May-09 01:53 AM

#80492, "Sadly most players don't want to roleplay."
In response to Reply #4

I can't say what the situation was with you two obviously, but I've found about 25% of players have deaf on. 25% put you on ignore if you talk to them twice. 25% just won't say a damn thing period. And the last quarter might actually talk to you a little. I don't think roleplaying is as common as it used to be. Seems like the majority of players now days are just quaking it up. Get in and get some action and that's it. It was nice to have someone who actually bantered with my character, even if sometimes it went a direction that was just a tad bit creepy when viewing from OOC. Luck with your next! PS, leveling up a drow is a bitch!

Captainobvious (Guest)Wed 27-May-09 03:20 AM

#80504, "I blame edgepoints."
In response to Reply #10

You get them from PK so you get to customize your character.

But RP is rarely rewarded in the scheme of the characters life.

I'm not saying never, just rarely.

DaevrynWed 27-May-09 08:08 AM
11117 posts
#80514, "RE: I blame edgepoints."
In response to Reply #11

A discussion about how wrong you are on several points isn't for this thread. Feel free to take it up on Gameplay if you actually care.

DaevrynWed 27-May-09 08:05 AM
11117 posts
#80513, "RE: (DELETED) [SCION] Krysantur the Master of Changelin..."
In response to Reply #4

>Look dude, there's no need to defend yourself. Or lie about
>how many times you killed me.

I decided to check the logs, because one of you has to be lying. Turns out, you are. Or you're misremembering, or you're being a drama queen. I don't really care which. One assassinate and one other kill is accurate.

As far as the rest, you don't know as much about Battle and what's expected as you think you do.

Krysantur (Guest)Wed 27-May-09 09:22 AM

#80518, "RE: (DELETED) [SCION] Krysantur the Master of Changelin..."
In response to Reply #16

He killed me 2 times that day. I am 99% sure he killed me several other times (in a row) in this character's life, and/or hunted me relentlessly right while I was still a ghost, and I am positive he ganged me on Kiadana at one point. I did not die that time, though.

On the other hand, I once had Valg swear up and down on the forums that one of my characters never had a role, and then fifty posts into a flamewar he finally admitted he was wrong and that I actually had something on the order of a three page role. This sort of thing makes me mistrust your system a little bit - no offense.

I have played a villager. I know that berserkers are held to parity more than scouts, and that assassin is a scout. I figured the fact that he was ganging me WITH BERSERKERS (at least I think they were berserkers - saw at least one DB) mattered a little bit, but maybe I'm wrong.

Kjrorh (Guest)Wed 27-May-09 01:34 AM

#80488, "Ahahahaha, and why"
In response to Reply #3

I do know who you are...Susu

Last night I killed two peoples in the same way. And I do think it was the multikill. But if you say that is not the multikill....I will continue to do so

Truthteller (Guest)Wed 27-May-09 01:47 AM

#80490, "Oh Kostyan/Beront"
In response to Reply #7

Why are you such a ####? Nature or nurture?

NeltoudaWed 27-May-09 04:38 AM
Member since 28th Jul 2008
161 posts
#80506, "RE: Krysantur"
In response to Reply #1

It took me a little while to decide if I was going to respond to your thread. On one hand I enjoyed interacting with this character immensely, but on the other I do not like to give praise to people who whine, curse and complain on the forums. It always seems like reinforcing poor behavior. That being said if you do have a complaint there are routes you can take to help get the issue resolved. You mentioned a problem with the wand system, is this a bug? If so why not put it on the bug board and calmly wait? You find death blow too overpowered and you believe you need wands to battle villagers. Why not start a thread about it with something constructive? Sure the wand system has had many threads, but not a lot of them are reasonably constructive. The staff does listen to the players, and since you mentioned Z, I’m certain you know he spends his holiday break writing up new code asked for by the players. I think it’s a poor day when a character that had so much potential is deleted so quickly.

For the praise part, I did as mentioned enjoy this character immensely. It was refreshing to have an evil guy within the crew especially one that perked my interest so. I have to admit that it is, at times, difficult to explain my religion to evil characters as I talk often about giving other people something (people seem to think "giving" is not for evils). I really thought this would be the type of evil character that could make it through to the top levels of the crew, so much so that I had my finger hovering around the tattoo button. I also watched you a great deal, and every time you were busy trying to complete the next task I had put on your plate. I think that you have the potential to make some great long lived characters, and feel free to come back to the stormy side when you’re ready to invest because I’m more than happy to invest with you.

Krysantur (Guest)Wed 27-May-09 09:41 AM

#80519, "RE: Krysantur"
In response to Reply #12

Thanks for replying, and sorry for cursing and coming across the way I did in my original post.

I'm definitely not trying to say anything bad about Z. I know he works hard on the game, and I think that's awesome. I just think that the sleek system is broken and as much as he and other imps have claimed they're willing to listen to new ideas about this issue, none of them have been to their liking.

When I am eating 400 damage in one round through as many dam redux giving things as I mentioned, something is horribly, horribly wrong - to the point that almost any system would be better than the one we have now, including (especially?) one where the spells are just simply castable by all mages. Not only do mages have to spend an absurd number of hours looking for the wands and locating them and gathering them, they can be forced to waste charges and even more time by simply blindness dusting them or something else that puts them out of the fight long enough for the protections to drop. Why in god's name would anyone who doesn't have an extreme knowledge advantage (imm morts or members of IRC cheating rings) want to play a mage under these conditions? It doesn't seem like that big of a stretch to say mages are on the underpowered side in Thera, even against non-Village. Yes, they can escape easily because they get word/teleport. So does everyone else who isn't a Battlerager, because potions can be bought and sold in Galadon and gold is really not that hard to come by.

My problem with the wand system is not a bug. It's working as intended. I just think that what's intended isn't very good. Why didn't I start threads and try to be constructive? Because I've read others' threads and comments where imps will shoot down players with a simple "No." when they put forth an idea that seems kinda reasonable - or at least more reasonable than the current system - to me. I honestly don't think anyone is ever going to be willing to change this system in any significant way, so my only real options are A) stop playing mages, B) keep playing mages and losing 3 or more con per day (or hiding somewhere for my entire login) or C) stop playing CF completely. I'm gonna be honest, I don't really like any of those three things.

I don't even want to be overpowered. I just want to not get two rounded. It's a shame that I can't play my favored classes, mages, without that being true.

All that aside, thank you very much for the kind things you had to say. Again, I really enjoyed our interactions and as much as this thread might make it look like it, I was at least as much in this character for the RP as the PK. It's just kind of hard to consistently roleplay a suave cool evil guy when you're getting consistently two-rounded and losing three or more con per day due to lack of ABS and an unwillingness to hide all day. After all, my character wasn't about to inspire anyone while hanging out in a cubby hole in Khardrath's Sanctum alone.

Derieag (Guest)Wed 27-May-09 07:19 AM

#80511, "Fermented passionfruit with a squirt of sour"
In response to Reply #1

So Liaya an Gahdak were thumbwrestlin outsides the Star, an a young weak-willed body-betrayer says to me, "I'm going to score me some loot" an goes a scurryin out o the bar like a crotch-gnome lookin for fresh fur. Now givin I'm a warm, lovin, considerate bloke, of course I'm jes goin to lets that go, but then this here lispy-assed whispy-lipped courier comes trottin in wit a letter an asks for tea. What's a fellow likes me goin to do?

But hails, I found your dark threats an your offer for me to redeems myself entertainin, even if that offer ranks right up there wit gettin an invitation to explore deep in the Inferno as a Herald an a group composed entirely o the Palace. You jes knows that you can't trust 'em.

Drink more, smile more, an stay away from your sister wit the gapped teeth when you find your next incarnation. An always remember to eats before you goes to bed, as it helps wit the hangover.

Dierj (Guest)Wed 27-May-09 02:54 PM

#80534, "My .02"
In response to Reply #1

I have to say how Ironic it is that you made a big deal about Ayalah deleting then up and delete yourself. As for losing con and looking for your rods, I think you put far too much stock in looking for wands in tough locations where you didn't really know where to look. This was evidenced by the places you told me about and I corrected you on. You did tell me of one place to look that I didn't know about, though I'm not sure if it has ever been used before or not. Anyway, I don't know where all of my sleek blacks are and neither do some others and we have made it work. Yeah, Woldrun is a beast, and let me tell you, having the B with the AS doesn't really mean much against him either, far less than it used to. I hate to say it, but I think Woldrun needs to be full looted and his gear dispersed to help with some of this. I don't know all that he wears, but he is clearly stacked for damaging ability and does that well. That last raid where you ate that damage was tough, and more of them should have died, but sometimes it gets chaotic. As for the Assassin, he left most all of your things that I noticed so I'm not sure why you are so pissed about it, unless he fulled you the second time. Anyway, I hope you can step back, take a breath and come back loaded for something you will like and not delete so quickly.

Krysantur (Guest)Wed 27-May-09 03:06 PM

#80536, "RE: My .02"
In response to Reply #26

>I have to say how Ironic it is that you made a big deal about
>Ayalah deleting then up and delete yourself.

Was just roleplaying there. Krysantur was pretty much trying to put on a show of being all badass to the other Scions, when in reality he wasn't all that.

>As for losing
>con and looking for your rods, I think you put far too much
>stock in looking for wands in tough locations where you didn't
>really know where to look. This was evidenced by the places
>you told me about and I corrected you on. You did tell me of
>one place to look that I didn't know about, though I'm not
>sure if it has ever been used before or not. Anyway, I don't
>know where all of my sleek blacks are and neither do some
>others and we have made it work. Yeah, Woldrun is a beast,
>and let me tell you, having the B with the AS doesn't really
>mean much against him either, far less than it used to. I
>hate to say it, but I think Woldrun needs to be full looted
>and his gear dispersed to help with some of this. I don't
>know all that he wears, but he is clearly stacked for damaging
>ability and does that well. That last raid where you ate that
>damage was tough, and more of them should have died, but
>sometimes it gets chaotic. As for the Assassin, he left most
>all of your things that I noticed so I'm not sure why you are
>so pissed about it, unless he fulled you the second time.
>Anyway, I hope you can step back, take a breath and come back
>loaded for something you will like and not delete so quickly.

It wasn't really the things I was pissed about. I didn't/rarely got fulled. It was the fact that I just got completely and utterly raped so hard as a shapeshifter sans ABS, repeatedly.

Cimere (Guest)Wed 27-May-09 03:00 PM

#80535, "Kill the giant for me? I'm a goodie, I swear."
In response to Reply #1

Bastard.

Krysantur (Guest)Wed 27-May-09 03:25 PM

#80537, "RE: Kill the giant for me? I'm a goodie, I swear."
In response to Reply #27

Neltouda made me do it! hahahaha. Man. If you had actually hurt the giant for me that would have been a good story to bring back to her . I got impatient and tried to do it myself though, and got pwned for it.

Tameron (Guest)Wed 27-May-09 03:32 PM

#80538, "Boo!"
In response to Reply #1

You up and delete a day or two after induction? Boo, I say! Anyways, I liked what little I saw of your character and really wanted to see how the Deckhand aspect was going to play out in Scion. GLWYN!

Beeble (Guest)Wed 27-May-09 05:19 PM

#80548, "Hey, it's the walrus."
In response to Reply #1

I enjoyed our debates, interactions. Was looking forward to seeing more of you.

PFfff. Come back soon.

Battlewarrior (Guest)Wed 27-May-09 06:58 PM

#80558, "I thought you were all right."
In response to Reply #1

I really havnt liked the wand system lately. Not to bash any imms. I just think we all need to think hard on a way to fix it. Perhaps if Nep would lay out what the current system does that he likes and what it flaws are we might have someone come up with a good idea.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #80472 Previous topic | Next topic