Subject: "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] [ACOLYTE] Nian Talan the Conqueror..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #80420
Show all folders

Nian (Guest)Tue 26-May-09 02:21 PM

#80420, "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] [ACOLYTE] Nian Talan the Conqueror..."

What a ride...

I have some extremely busy days coming up that simply will not allow me to play at all. We all work for that one dream job* where "the sky is the limit", and I have it now, so that get's top priority. Usually, when there were gaps between my logins, or when I was so tired, I barely was able to remember my own name (short as it may be), blame it on that.

I did fully intend to age/con die but 1) with the previous in mind and 2) I did accomplish what I set out to do (and much, much more), so I think it's better to quit while I'm ahead, rather than continue just for continuations sake.

It's close to four years now since I deleted Ishranaye, which was my last serious character. I've had two come-back characters, but those basically were to get reacquainted with the gameplay, while Nian was the real deal, aimed at re-learning the game in it's entirety, and well, that I did (and well beyond).

And now the hard part, the goodbyes:

== IMMS ==

First and foremost, thanks a bunch for all the hard work you people do to keep CF the great game that it is. Thanks!

NELTOUDA

(Or is it Nelly?: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eti21PVHXrg)

You're like the well known whiskey brand: 'No rules, great scotch' (Or stout in your case)

Sorry for leaving in the middle of gathering ingredients for the potion, but that can't be helped

Thanks for the time, the tat and being the cool imm that you are. Una told me that I was the third ever to bear your mark, is that correct? (not that I really doubt it)

BAERINIKA

ICly you didn't see things quite the way Nian did, but OOCly, I bet you were around a whole lot more than I could see you, doing stuff behind the screens. I should try a follower someday.

PADWEI

Great to have you in the heavens, see later also.

ENLILTH

ICly, Nian thought that you were a sad little man, immortal or no. OOCly, I appreciated the random encounters and I think you're a cool Imm who took the effort to clean up the Empire where necessary. I should try a follower someday.

== MORTALS ==

I'll do my best to remember everyone I can, but don't shoot me if I leave you out, just reply and I'll answer!

FORTRESS

Friends from the 'old days':

Unalethekai/Padwei

You were Nian's friends, role-models and more. Indeed you left me with two big pair of shoes to fill.
One word says it all: impressive.

Ailinilia:

You were my partner in crime. Being the chaotic, mischieveous jester that Nian was, he liked to stur things up and you played along nicely at every occasion. You were a close friend to Nian.

Adelin

You were more the down-to-earth healer version of Ailinilia, which I guess was something Nian could use once in a while. It was a shame to see you fade and disappear, but that's the way things go.

Sarien

It was obvious from the start that you were going to go far. You were a Maran, so a bit too serious , but you were a good friend. Thanks for the fun, I'm sure you'll do great in the heavens.

Kasir/Lortas/Caerga

Thanks for all the talks/chats/raids/explorations we did, you were a good friend.

Humbert

So here I go and beat you to it... You were the ultra-strong maran, always on the path of war. But you were also very approachable and a good friend.

The 'new' folks:

There are so many of you, I would rather let you reply than do you injustice by forgetting you.
I know I will leave the Fortress behind in good hands.

THE CREW

Jolindar/Edika

My old friends from the Maiden. At first I sorta thought I was going to stay a Stowaway for ever (not really, but still ... ) and then all of a sudden I raced passed you. I didn't see that one coming.

UNCABALLED

Thendrell

I saw you often at Akan, as a youngster, and always looked forward to finding you there. Then later, we really got to know each other and became friends.

Slivil

It's too bad you burned down those bridges. I would have loved to have you as a Scribe/Acolyte, but it was not to be.

EMPIRE

I learned a lot from fighting you guys, and I bet it showed. In general terms of respect, I play by 'you get what you give' and I did get it back, so thanks for that.

Ahtieli

No matter what other people think, I thought you were a class act. Dangerous, vicious and mean, but also with an open mind. I think you and Enlilth regularly sturred things up between the Imperial ranks, which is something that should happen a whole lot more. Within the Empire it's: what comes up, must come down (and so on)

Linden/Phewt

See my reply on Linden's thread. You were alright in my book

Gollywyn

I had much respect for you. You were quite unimperialistic, I thought.

SCION

Mizheng

The Scion with a heart (but a black one). You had it rough one vs one, but you came anyway. Kudos for that. That Zookeeper title is probably the best ever , although you deserved your own.

Ikanu/Caztor

I suppose I should be impressed, but I'm really not. I don't like the powergamer game much.
By which I don't mean to say that I thought bad of you, I just think that sort of play is boring.

Shifter's in general need some tinkering, it's just ridiculous sometimes.

OUTLANDER

Wilona/Inwe

Thanks for the Hell trip! I still can't believe the three of us did all that.

Lexingtona

I never was a huge fan of the name, but you were a good friend regardless.

TRIBUNAL

Nidblot

-10/30 wither hurts, you know, especially when you haven't got a clue how to gear for it (it wasn't that bad, but, still ...) We started out really cool, than after a while, things just never happened again. Shamans need a whole lot of lovin', urgently.

Vythigor

Thanks for the chats and the random gifts. Too bad you hung with darklings so much .

NEXUS

Kassibaz

Was fun fighting you. That time at the volcano was about the most disrespectful thing you could have ever done, but I assume you just didn't know it: You interrupted my tattoo ceremony

But no hard feelings. Were I the imm in that situation, I would have slain you on the spot though

BATTLE

Malthalia

It was a friendship on edge, but it was a fun one nonetheless.

---

It was fun to be a chaotic element in a cabal dominated by orderly and neutral characters. See you with the next!

- WraithOfLight

---

* Or we should be

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Wise Man? =(, Liethkim (Guest), 30-May-09 11:02 AM, #24
Reply Something to consider, Mek (Guest), 27-May-09 07:28 PM, #21
Reply Why I say it's boring, Nian (Guest), 28-May-09 06:27 AM, #22
     Reply But thats kind of a silly way to look at it, Shamanmanguest (Guest), 28-May-09 09:25 AM, #23
Reply Good work man, Ahtieli2 (Guest), 27-May-09 11:47 AM, #20
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] [ACOLYTE] Nian Talan the Conqu..., Nidblot (Guest), 27-May-09 06:17 AM, #17
Reply So long old timer, thendrell, 27-May-09 07:28 AM, #18
Reply The book nt, Nian (Guest), 27-May-09 02:43 AM, #13
Reply Chapter 1: On Life, Nian (Guest), 27-May-09 02:44 AM, #14
Reply Chapter 2: On Death, Nian (Guest), 27-May-09 02:44 AM, #15
Reply Chapter 3: On Evil, Nian (Guest), 27-May-09 02:45 AM, #16
     Reply Since I didn't get to read it ICly..., Arrna (Guest), 27-May-09 11:08 AM, #19
Reply That sucks so bad! But..., Arrna (Guest), 27-May-09 02:30 AM, #12
Reply You were a steadying influence throughout my time in th..., Aeinrez (Guest), 27-May-09 01:26 AM, #10
Reply RE: Nelly, Neltouda, 27-May-09 01:16 AM, #9
Reply RE: Nelly, Nian (Guest), 27-May-09 02:19 AM, #11
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] [ACOLYTE] Nian Talan the Conqu..., Elorik (Guest), 26-May-09 10:34 PM, #8
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] [ACOLYTE] Nian Talan the Conqu..., Ailinilia (Guest), 26-May-09 10:26 PM, #7
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] [ACOLYTE] Nian Talan the Conqu..., Lightmaged (Guest), 26-May-09 08:19 PM, #6
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] [ACOLYTE] Nian Talan the Conqu..., Mizheng (Guest), 26-May-09 07:54 PM, #5
Reply [FORTRESS] [ACOLYTE] Nian Talan the Conqueror..., Edika (Guest), 26-May-09 05:44 PM, #4
Reply Great character all around..., Vythigor (Guest), 26-May-09 05:20 PM, #3
Reply Dream lively, Nian!, Padwei, 26-May-09 04:02 PM, #1
     Reply You did delete. Bummer., Aeinrez (Guest), 26-May-09 04:30 PM, #2

Liethkim (Guest)Sat 30-May-09 11:02 AM

#80642, "Wise Man? =("
In response to Reply #0

I don't think you understand how much of an impact you had on my character in that short time we spent together. GLWYN!

Mek (Guest)Wed 27-May-09 07:28 PM

#80563, "Something to consider"
In response to Reply #0

Ikanu/Caztor

I suppose I should be impressed, but I'm really not. I don't like the powergamer game much.
By which I don't mean to say that I thought bad of you, I just think that sort of play is boring.

First, I didn't always put on my power-game. I've played heralds, non-PK-oriented characters (the two prior to Ikanu, for instance), and some who I just kinda kept to myself with.

Yet, I don't get the mentality you have. You realize that without us you would have sat around the Fortress courtyard even more with no one who was willing to make your life exciting? There has to be challenges to both sides for either to shine. Appreciate your enemies.

And, if you've never tried being the aggressor, you should. When it's you against the world and you manage to make a dent...well, it's pretty damn fun.

Nian (Guest)Thu 28-May-09 06:27 AM

#80587, "Why I say it's boring"
In response to Reply #21

A combo like Ikanu is aimed to do one thing: a walk-over.

Or what else are you going to call a 1500+hp abs'd shifter pulling MANGLES on a 1000hp warrior who's only doing injures.

It's like an A class tennis player 'competing' against someone from D. Sure, you won 6-0, 6-0 in less than half an hour, it's a victory, but was it exciting? Far from.

Don't take it as criticism per se, let me play my game, I'll let you play yours.

Shamanmanguest (Guest)Thu 28-May-09 09:25 AM

#80591, "But thats kind of a silly way to look at it"
In response to Reply #22

You could do some (very minor, I hate prepping more than most) prepping and make those mangles = eviscerates or less.

From there you could tactically put him in a situation where all of a sudden, he's losing. Make him hit the outer then dirt;cranial while he's focused on the outer.

Also, he's dependant upon the damredux and extra hp on a timer based deal. Make him fly after you and waste time. Stay for 1 round every couple of engagements and notice when those protections fall, then capitalize on it.

Nothing is more satisfying in CF(in my opinion) then using wits and intelligence to beat a character who realy, really should have crushed you. But thats the beauty of it. And I'm pretty sure a storm mace/sword could have given Ikanu and Caztor a run for their money if they employed some tactics. You aren't going to win a slugfest, true, so find an alternative.

Ahtieli2 (Guest)Wed 27-May-09 11:47 AM

#80526, "Good work man"
In response to Reply #0

I've noticed a lot of improvements in you. Well done and good luck with your next.

p.s. Don't sit in cabal if there is summoner running around. Especialy if summoner got a black circle

Nidblot (Guest)Wed 27-May-09 06:17 AM

#80507, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] [ACOLYTE] Nian Talan the Conqu..."
In response to Reply #0

A good run, Nian.

I remember i fought you the first time in our youth back at the trolls in the past, so we go way back .
It will be hard for the Fortress to find such reasonable leadership as it had with you, Kasir and Sarien.

Good luck with your next.

Ps. You are correct about the shaman thing too.

thendrellWed 27-May-09 07:28 AM
Member since 08th May 2009
134 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#80512, "So long old timer"
In response to Reply #17

Shame to see you one of the few remaining players from Thendrell's life fade away.

I always did enjoy the talks and drinks in Akan. And I did enojoy being your smith when I could, was just a small thing he liked doing to help you out, and hope that the sword we got swerved you well. When I saw it there, I thought of you immediatly, so I knew we had to go get it for you. Wish we could have done more travelling and stomping then we did, but fortress duties usually pulled you away, as it did most of Thendrell's good friends. And now you've left Ailinilia now to carry forth the mantle of the old guard, which are some big shoes to wear.

Gl with real life.

Nian (Guest)Wed 27-May-09 02:43 AM

#80500, "The book nt"
In response to Reply #0

Nian (Guest)Wed 27-May-09 02:44 AM

#80501, "Chapter 1: On Life"
In response to Reply #13

When you gaze into a person's eyes, you see a sparkling light. A bright spot of light, dancing and flickering deep within the back of our eyes. The brighter the spark, the more you are alive. Beyond the eyes, you find the depths of the mind.

Now, the mind may be a gentle autumn breeze, gently playing with the leaves picking them up, and dropping them again softly, going this and there, leaving hardly a trace, a mark or a footprint. Quite possibly though, it may be a raging fury of a storm, knocking down trees as it goes.

Another important part of life, is the heart. It is the beating rythm of Life, that would make you want to dance along, if only you could keep up. Deep within the heart, is the bright center of your being, your very essence, and that is what we call the Light.

Light is Life, and to truely be alive is to nourish this Light. The body is well when the heart is well. And the heart is doing well, when you're feeling well. When you feel down or depressed, or fall victim to gloomy thoughts, the Light within you will diminish. On the other hand, it will grow, and fill your entire being, when you are feeling good, hopeful and positive in your approach to the world.

When we feel truely alive, we are smiling. The best way to get people smiling, is through the use of comedy. Laughter is the best remedy against all fears, dark thoughts and desperations.

Smile, because the Light will smile at you, for making It smile.

Nian (Guest)Wed 27-May-09 02:44 AM

#80502, "Chapter 2: On Death"
In response to Reply #13

To die is not a bad or dark thing. It is not the opposite of Life, just the end of it.

When it is your time to move on, you will sit down and have a chat with Death, for he is not an entirely unpleasant fellow. He has a grin bereft of emotion, it is not wicked or evil, nor is it mischieveous. Neither is it warm or compassionate, it just is. His eyes are lifeless, yet burn fiercely altogether.

Death itself is an alien concept, interily unfamiliar to any of us, because to see him would be to die, and that you can do only once. Yet, be without fear in the face of Death, because he shall not seek you out to do you harm, in many ways, rather the opposite. Death merely is the guide upon the path that leads to eternity, and your final destiny.

When you are faced with Death, smile, because you shall know you've lived a full life. And when you're going down, why not go down laughing.

Nian (Guest)Wed 27-May-09 02:45 AM

#80503, "Chapter 3: On Evil"
In response to Reply #13

The concept of evil is often refered to as a a singular malicious dark will, plotting our doom, corruptiong our thoughts and desires. But, there is no such thing. Evil does not exist.

To be alive is to honor the Light, but we are also beings imbued with many flaws. In itself, they are like situations that challenge us, that offer us a chance to better ourselves. But, should we embrace them, then they may become dangerous. A minor annoyance may become anger, a simple worry may become fear.

One whom is truely on the path of Light, will share any sorrow or doubts that he may feel, so that he may overcome them, with the trust and aid of others. Too often this is neglected or ignored over other concerns.

Dark thoughts have a way of gnawing our minds, it is dangerous to allow them that. Soon, you will lose all reason or sense of perspective. And then you shall find yourself on a dark path indeed, for soon you shall trust no one, yourself least of all.

Evil does not exist, yet it may manifest itself through us all, because we let it. Take away doubt and misery, and evil shall dwell this world no more.

Arrna (Guest)Wed 27-May-09 11:08 AM

#80523, "Since I didn't get to read it ICly..."
In response to Reply #16

... You have NO idea how much Arrna would have enjoyed discussing this with you. It is something that concerns her deeply. I liked the others too.

Arrna (Guest)Wed 27-May-09 02:30 AM

#80498, "That sucks so bad! But..."
In response to Reply #0

...RL comes first. Arrna really really liked Nian, and so did I. Very strange that I never got that last note you were talking about. I was looking forward to read it.

Good luck with RL and everything! I hope you come back sometime!

Aeinrez (Guest)Wed 27-May-09 01:26 AM

#80487, "You were a steadying influence throughout my time in th..."
In response to Reply #0

I didn't see you as much as Humbert or Sarien (members of the old 'guard') but whenever we were both on I enjoyed it tremendously.

Good luck with your next man.

NeltoudaWed 27-May-09 01:16 AM
Member since 28th Jul 2008
161 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#80484, "RE: Nelly"
In response to Reply #0

First let me say that I heart that video way too much, thanks. Second, it’s always hard to lose a kid you really like. I was never sure how much interaction you wanted, you seemed a bit stand offish with coming to the ship, and I’m the type of god that likes to sit and chat (this should be a warning to anyone that doesn’t want at least a half an hour chat with their god). I enjoyed the notes you were sending at the end, it’s always good to see someone put their own spin on things. Third, you were the fourth to have the tattoo, but the first two deleted almost right away (I don’t know why, I’d wear it ). Thanks so much for making a follower of mine, it was a pleasure. Come back to the stormy side any time you please.

Nian (Guest)Wed 27-May-09 02:19 AM

#80496, "RE: Nelly"
In response to Reply #9

> First let me say that I heart that video way too much, thanks.

That's what I assumed, but I'm too much of a tease to let that slip.
(And I bet Iunna is far worse )

> Second, it’s always hard to lose a kid you really like. I was never sure how much interaction you wanted, you seemed a bit stand offish with coming to the ship, and I’m the type of god that likes to sit and chat (this should be a warning to anyone that doesn’t want at least a half an hour chat with their god).

That's the hard one, it's always a bit give and take in that regard. I have a mentally challenging (but fun) job, that just wears me out sometimes. I often logged in regardless, because, well, it IS a fun pass time, but it also meant that sometimes I would get a backlash and end up so @#!&| tired, that I just had to bail out and go to sleep immediately. That's not something you want to happen when you're with your god.

> I enjoyed the notes you were sending at the end, it’s always good to see someone put their own spin on things.
Thanks!

> Third, you were the fourth to have the tattoo, but the first two deleted almost right away (I don’t know why, I’d wear it ).

Alright. It was fun to have indeed, but it would often use water on Undead/water creatures and lightning on gargoyles, but I'll go and blaim good ol' Murphy for that.

> Thanks so much for making a follower of mine, it was a pleasure. Come back to the stormy side any time you please.

I'll be around in one form or another

Elorik (Guest)Tue 26-May-09 10:34 PM

#80468, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] [ACOLYTE] Nian Talan the Conqu..."
In response to Reply #0

Sorry to see you go. Always seemed like you had some great RP behind your character, but didn't get much chance to interact with you. Take it easy and good luck with your career.

Ailinilia (Guest)Tue 26-May-09 10:26 PM

#80467, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] [ACOLYTE] Nian Talan the Conqu..."
In response to Reply #0

WHAT!!!!??? Where do you think you are going? Job!?!? Bah, its just money, Thera is life.....oh wait, you made the right choice.

Thanks for all the fun. I think a warrior acolyte is a great character, albeit a farely non-rewarding one from a power standpoint. I was glad that you used altruism at the end a bit, granted you needed me to heal you!!

You were a great follower of Neltouda. Chaotic, stormy, fun (though I am glad you were not greedy). You always put a smile on my face and a giggle in my belly, especially with your groaning and cracking bones as you stood up. I was hoping that the elixir you were working on would bring you much long life.

I do have to say that I am sad that you left. We would have many good years left and you left me as the only old one in the fortress (other than Humbert, who I think will never die). You were a fun Prophet and I loved to listen to you interview. I really wanted you to post your eagle and dragon story to the lands and continue to walk with me through the lands.

Thanks for everything.

Lightmaged (Guest)Tue 26-May-09 08:19 PM

#80449, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] [ACOLYTE] Nian Talan the Conqu..."
In response to Reply #0

Nice job there. Enjoyed interacting with you. Wish I had had more time to play and travel with you.

Drue (Conjurer with the scrying)....

I look forward to playing again when my contract is up.

Take care.

Mizheng (Guest)Tue 26-May-09 07:54 PM

#80445, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] [ACOLYTE] Nian Talan the Conqu..."
In response to Reply #0

Hey!

I just deleted right before you did....copycat!

Anyways...

You were one of my favorite opponents especially after that fight we had that lasted like...what....a half hour.....probably my favorite one on one battle ever. Just back and forth with no interuptions except to heal and talk ish in between. What a nice time that was.

Hopefully you come back cause the game needs more like you. I got a few more things to say ill save for my own goodbye thread.

Cya

Edika (Guest)Tue 26-May-09 05:44 PM

#80437, "[FORTRESS] [ACOLYTE] Nian Talan the Conqueror..."
In response to Reply #0

You will be missed. My hours are down to almost nothing and above all my connection sucks right now. I start on something and my connection withers away.

Loved talking to you. And drinking and all that...GLWYN

Vythigor (Guest)Tue 26-May-09 05:20 PM

#80434, "Great character all around..."
In response to Reply #0

... really appreciate the talks. On hanging out with darklings, I probably powered 10 goodies from 40 to 50 at the mount, so I don't feel any guilt in that department. Vythigor has always played "blind" on the matters of good and evil and to be honest has found evil to be good and good to be evil in many circumstances simply reinforcing the blindness.

I thought you were an excellently RP'ed character and just wonderful in every regard. It was also refreshing to see a warrior as an acolyte rather than as a maran. You had a great attitude.

PadweiTue 26-May-09 04:02 PM
Member since 11th Mar 2009
79 posts
#80426, "Dream lively, Nian!"
In response to Reply #0

This is pretty disappointing to see. For me (and I think Una would
agree), you were pretty much the last that remained of our living
legacy. Sure, there's still others out there from the mortal days,
but I brought you in, Una took you under his wing religiously and
otherwise, and we were proud to see you flourish. Good luck with
the job, life, and all that good stuff.

Aeinrez (Guest)Tue 26-May-09 04:30 PM

#80428, "You did delete. Bummer."
In response to Reply #1

What happened?

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #80420 Previous topic | Next topic