Subject: "(DELETED) [NEXUS] Bubw the Guardian of the Earth" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #80337
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 25-May-09 09:52 PM
Member since 03rd Oct 2024
17208 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#80337, "(DELETED) [NEXUS] Bubw the Guardian of the Earth"

Mon May 25 21:48:57 2009

At 7 o'clock PM, Day of Deception, 16th of the Month of the Sun
on the Theran calendar Bubw perished, never to return.

Race:cloud
Class:ranger
Level:44
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:NEXUS, Nexus, Seekers of Balance
Hours:80

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Thought it was cool, Humbert (Guest), 28-May-09 07:40 AM, #64
Reply What a name., Uhgw (Guest), 26-May-09 01:58 PM, #52
Reply I need a break. Christ., Scrimbul, 25-May-09 11:50 PM, #1
     Reply RE: I need a break. Christ., Susubienko (Guest), 26-May-09 12:05 AM, #2
     Reply RE: I need a break. Christ., Magrusaiig (Guest), 26-May-09 01:15 AM, #8
     Reply RE: I need a break. Christ., Scrimbul, 26-May-09 02:18 AM, #16
          Reply RE: I need a break. Christ., Susubienko (Guest), 26-May-09 03:00 AM, #22
               Reply I don't much need logs, just the PBF., Scrimbul, 26-May-09 03:25 AM, #23
                    Reply The problem with Susbienjko's player, Kostyan (Guest), 26-May-09 03:25 AM, #24
                    Reply RE: I don't much need logs, just the PBF., Daevryn, 26-May-09 10:15 AM, #42
                         Reply Check the date and such. I was making a wild guess. nt, Scrimbul, 26-May-09 04:52 PM, #55
     Reply Ugg, Valkenarr (Guest), 26-May-09 12:13 AM, #3
     Reply RE: Ugg, Scrimbul, 26-May-09 02:09 AM, #13
     Reply Whatever., Malakhi (Guest), 26-May-09 12:23 AM, #4
     Reply Me hearing about your threats to full sac indirectly is..., Scrimbul, 26-May-09 02:14 AM, #14
          Reply Book of Scrimbul: I think people threatened to full sac..., Rager App (Guest), 26-May-09 11:00 AM, #44
     Reply I will open a little secret to you., Kostyan (Guest), 26-May-09 12:51 AM, #5
     Reply No, the secret is, Ragerman (Guest), 26-May-09 12:58 AM, #6
     Reply Ahahahaha. I kill villagers in trance 24/7 ;) Good try ..., Yes yes. (Guest), 26-May-09 01:05 AM, #7
          Reply And since I know who are you, THE LOG!, yes yes (Guest), 26-May-09 01:30 AM, #9
               Reply No, I'm not "Ragerman", Malakhi (Guest), 26-May-09 02:05 AM, #11
                    Reply I loved getting banned on Dio's for telling it like it ..., TMNS (Guest), 26-May-09 02:14 AM, #15
                    Reply The message was directed to the Thief., Yes yes (Guest), 26-May-09 02:18 AM, #18
                         Reply Beront, you're famous for doing the EXACT SAME THING., TMNS (Guest), 26-May-09 02:21 AM, #19
                              Reply If you forgot. I was reinducted. I learnt the ####. Tha..., Yes yes (Guest), 26-May-09 02:38 AM, #21
                                   Reply Rofl. I stayed on for 20 minutes past when I had to go..., TMNS (Guest), 26-May-09 03:43 AM, #25
                                        Reply Such things don't piss me, coz, Yes yes (Guest), 26-May-09 03:55 AM, #26
                                             Reply What's funny is the one time you weren't a #### you kil..., TMNS (Guest), 26-May-09 03:58 AM, #27
                                                  Reply PS After you killed me I thought 'Self, maybe he's not ..., TMNS (Guest), 26-May-09 04:00 AM, #28
                                                  Reply Ahahaha, Yes yes (Guest), 26-May-09 04:03 AM, #29
                                                       Reply Vodka is getting to you., TMNS (Guest), 26-May-09 04:06 AM, #30
                                                            Reply I assassinated you, LOL. We will buy my PBF and see., Yes yes (Guest), 26-May-09 04:10 AM, #31
                                                                 Reply Man son, you must be drunk., TMNS (Guest), 26-May-09 04:13 AM, #32
                                                                 Reply Who is going to buy your PBF?, TMNS (Guest), 26-May-09 04:14 AM, #34
                                                                      Reply I assassinated you :) On the east road if you don't rem..., Yes yes (Guest), 26-May-09 04:20 AM, #35
                                                                           Reply Shouldn't pass, mispelled indeed. n/t, Yes yes (Guest), 26-May-09 04:27 AM, #38
                                                                           Reply I know who you assassinated, and it wasn't me chief., TMNS (Guest), 26-May-09 01:02 PM, #50
     Reply FYI I almost killed you. :) You escaped by luck, I thin..., Scrimbul, 26-May-09 01:55 AM, #10
     Reply You know that 'ALMOST' - doesnt count? ;) n/t, Yes yes (Guest), 26-May-09 02:05 AM, #12
     Reply tehee.., Marcus_, 26-May-09 04:13 AM, #33
          Reply Do not worry, Marcus, I have a log for you :), Yes yes (Guest), 26-May-09 04:21 AM, #36
               Reply And the small bonus for you!, Yes yes (Guest), 26-May-09 04:25 AM, #37
                    Reply RE: And the small bonus for you!, Marcus_, 26-May-09 09:10 AM, #39
                    Reply Ahahaha! BURNED! nt, Yhorian (Guest), 26-May-09 12:52 PM, #49
                    Reply RE: And the small bonus for you!, Isildur, 26-May-09 09:58 AM, #41
     Reply We fought twice., TMNS (Guest), 26-May-09 02:18 AM, #17
     Reply RE: We fought twice., Scrimbul, 26-May-09 02:36 AM, #20
     Reply RE: I need a break. Christ., Isildur, 26-May-09 09:54 AM, #40
     Reply RE: I need a break. Christ., Scrimbul, 26-May-09 05:15 PM, #57
          Reply RE: I need a break. Christ., Isildur, 26-May-09 07:17 PM, #60
               Reply RE: I need a break. Christ., Scrimbul lazy (Guest), 26-May-09 09:41 PM, #63
     Reply Well, let's see:, Daevryn, 26-May-09 10:35 AM, #43
     Reply RE: Well, let's see:, Scrimbul, 26-May-09 05:43 PM, #58
     Reply Three cheers for raping all the cheesy-ass Eulinda copy..., NMTehW (Guest), 26-May-09 11:37 AM, #45
     Reply I did okay against the Eulindas. I didn't do great. nt, Scrimbul, 26-May-09 04:52 PM, #54
     Reply Oh hush dearie!!, Eulinda (Guest), 26-May-09 05:46 PM, #59
     Reply I'm just curious about something, Twist, 26-May-09 12:49 PM, #46
     Reply RE: I'm just curious about something, Daevryn, 26-May-09 12:52 PM, #48
     Reply Kinda like a certain lich? :) nt, Minyar1 (Guest), 26-May-09 03:03 PM, #53
          Reply Funny nobody shafts him on that or even cares., Aganthas (Guest), 26-May-09 09:13 PM, #62
     Reply What is this "Dio's"? nt, Forsakenz (Guest), 26-May-09 01:58 PM, #51
     Reply You fought Bok. This was the same strategy with some tw..., Scrimbul, 26-May-09 04:59 PM, #56
     Reply I don't know what all the hubbub is about., hug (Guest), 26-May-09 12:52 PM, #47
     Reply RE: I need a break. Christ., Lohik (Guest), 26-May-09 07:45 PM, #61

Humbert (Guest)Thu 28-May-09 07:40 AM

#80590, "Thought it was cool"
In response to Reply #0

I don't agree with many of your too-angry rants at berserkers (a prepped and decked storm giant sword spec with 100% skills can kill them quite reliably), plus your angry (if still intelligent) posts in general, but I think it is good that you made a character and proved that you can back up what you were saying. Opinion of you rose considerably after seeing that you played a character to do something about the game instead of just posting essays on it.

Try spreading propaganda IC in-game, it might actually work better (and is not as looked down as posting rants). For example you might 'guide' certain chars with secrets as to how to slaughter berserkers. Or team up with particularly talented allies and just gank them. Pretty sure you don't need an OOC team to do a Cyrn/Ilix level of effectiveness gank team.

I notice you think BATTLE and goodies have it too easy. I agree - and I don't like the range that gives me, my goodie char has absolutely no one to PK. My style might be different from you (if I can win, I play to win) but I think we can agree that we need more players in different cabals for conflict. My playtimes kind of screw that up for me.

Uhgw (Guest)Tue 26-May-09 01:58 PM

#80417, "What a name."
In response to Reply #0

Just had to roll my eyes when ever I saw it.

ScrimbulMon 25-May-09 11:49 PM
Member since 22nd Apr 2003
884 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#80354, "I need a break. Christ."
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Mon 25-May-09 11:50 PM

Fourth character in a row. Second cloud ranger, first savage ever. Forester savage.

I initially started into taking one of my usual unannounced month-long breaks from the game after 3 chars in a row and then less than a week later let myself be convinced to roll this one.

I got the PBF out of pure curiosity for the numbers, but I really really need to take a break and hopefully go enjoy something else for a while. I, like anyone else, have a life that probably should be attended to that is more important than what is becoming a lopsided timesink.

Thoughts on mechanics and the Rager cabal:

Bearcharge got tweaked. It's still reliable and very very scary but no longer autokill permalags people who are two sizes below you. It needed this for over eight months and finally got it so I'm glad someone finally listened. As it was when I started the character and spent the majority of my time at 36, it was pretty much killing people who couldn't outtank you, read: everyone wielding metal of any kind even if they used haste and dam redux.

Now if only they would listen and tone down or change deathblow I wouldn't be rolling characters and take perverse pleasure in holding overpowered folks down and punching them in the teeth repeatedly, and then further enjoying the incessant bitching I got for beating them or the looting behavior.

To be fair, I died to the people you would expect me to die to. I died to Woldrun because no one was around to reduce him to size 2 so I could stop him from driving me out of the wilderness, and I died to dagger/mace arial zerkers because concealed fires on savage blow which is massively gay. I was under the impression savage blow was an improved version of crushing blow based on terrain, but it works more similarly to bash than I'd like to have envisioned.

In short, I still ####ing hate concealed. That didn't stop me from killing them, so much as made it slightly more difficult. Playing chars that have no -dex whatsoever isn't helping. Also fighting people who can do -19 dex or more with two moves is ridiculous so the imms really need to tone down hamstring, boneshatter or both. Or at least make these debuffs have diminishing marginal returns, i.e. the more -stat of either -str or -dex you put on someone, the less -str or -dex you get from subsequent moves. This needs to drop sharply to make +stat gear useful again. If you can manage to put -15 in total stat debuffs on someone, the subsequent moves need to decrease sharply to the point they have nearly no effect, which forces you to decide if you want to debuff str or dex but not both. You shouldn't have to play a riddle warrior or use a nodisarm weapon to counter your dodge getting nerfed to ####. For whatever reason a giant at 11 dex gets hit way more often than a giant at 16 dex despite parry being their bread and butter, NOT DODGE.

I hate how dagger is currently a panacea spec for everything you need as a warrior provided you have the dex to dodge. It deals more damage than axe, prevents most of the good moves that should otherwise kill you outright, and does more -stat than any single spec should have any business of doing. The only thing that kills it is ambush, flurry, drum, sometimes pincer, and any form of direct damage that can deal more damage than dagger which is exceedingly rare unless you're heavily geared out the ass. The daggers take too much time to disarm and dirt kick misses 9 times out of 10 due to the high dex so the dirt;disarm tactic is the absolute worst of the good moves you can start to use. There was a time I erroneously believed the only way I was going to kill dagger specs was to eat ALL the dagger maladicts and then bearcharge them before the boneshatter went through. Thankfully I figured a better strategy out, but my snare more often than not failed and bearcharge got it's well-deserved tweak making sealing a kill on them an impossible prospect unless they screw up.

Yes, I ganged shamelessly when it was convienient. I killed my fair share of people solo or in bad odds and the chance that you can get 2 rounded by deathblow no matter how well you tank justifies whatever power and skill you can bring to bear to put berserkers down, period. I died to Bartis regardless of my massive advantages because he'd slip an entwine through, the very first time I fought him he slipped through three commands to win for reasons I couldn't fathom: Entwine, bloodthirst, pummel. After the tweak to bearcharge, he was/is going to be able to do this far more often.

Ragers are played by people who are used to rolling into bad situations with loaded dice in their favor, I found. Not a single one of my perceptions changed after killing, outtanking and generally outmeleeing a whole crapload of the mofos. Hint for ragers: If your bard is getting permalagged and is not a berserker himself, you do not sit there and watch him die. You tell him on the cabal channel not to sing or otherwise help you and then rescue him. Though for a few of you this was a death sentence, many of you could have reasonably pulled it off and either scared me off or killed me.

Thanks for the title Iunna, I suspect it was you at any rate. It was fun to pick it up for no effort at all but I was really just there to kill berserkers.

I finally got rid of the character when I realized the paladin revamp had come in and Thror returned. My original goal was to either A) beat Kostyan's 156 rager kill record or B) Forcibly drop Village membership to 20 via any means possible.

A was way too ambitious for my lack of skill and lack of desire to explore the awesomely fubar'd A/B/S system. I also don't know where half the good gear in the game comes from and have zero desire to try to piece together what some imm may have been thinking or work out puzzles that are either more difficult than they have any business being, or in an area that is way too old to have any business being in the game for anything other than nostalgia purposes.

In this, Bubw accomplished two things. I was able to kill people far more skilled than me with a minimum of effort and almost no prepping. Those of you being observant will notice I never made level 45. That means I never had haste talismans on hand and could only use transmuters. I also never had aura/shield talismans on hand because worse rangers than me in both Outlander and Nexus were whoring them as well as other mages, bards etc. and I was too lazy to get stoneskin. More often than not the disadvantages of all the stoneskin are fight-ending but for one piece of stoneskin only I could reasonably get and still heal up to fight in a reasonable amount of time. I frequently forgot it existed. I frequently killed level 51's at 42 so it was never a question of never meeting the skilled players to begin with.

Ragers are 90% of the time wielding metal. This partly nullified my wrath/defilement vuln. The few times it didn't, I sometimes just outright killed them anyway and took steps to destroy/sac/take/use the weaponry that exploited my vulns or high quality/nonphysical/rare weaponry. Pretty much everything but physical weaponry that was metal I couldn't use left my opponents corpses. Prot versus metal is god, prot vs. metal + phys resist means you really don't need preps as long as you perfect talismans and keep a return talisman on hand. With enough copper, you can remove parting blow as a factor.

Toward the tail end of my life in the past few days, Malakhi started ganging me shamelessly with Lohik and Woan, and also started jumping into fights that he wasn't involved in such as Babau snaring Slakken and then me fighting Babau before he ambushed and killed Slakken with Malakhi chucking every maladict he could get at me. Slakken and I still almost killed Babau. At any rate, if Malakhi was misbehaving that badly, it means I was well on my way to doing what I initially set out to do in my RP all in a mere 80 hours, take them down and piss them off. I doubt I was going to get Hunted by Battle as a title, but I probably really should have. A title like that was going to hinder me from killing zerkers but not exactly stop me, I think. It would have been awesome if I got it without being a ####head to Ragers but 80 hours is a little low to get it.

Lohik started saving berserkers that needed it, but in circumstances that would have gotten his ass taken to the circle not even five years ago, and with Thror back, probably will. Landser was one of these instances very recently.

I'll be honest. I cannot discern a difference between Malakhi, Aganthas and Susubienko's RP. I talk a wee bit of ####. They all however do some combination of talking ALOT of ####, or whining about loot and gear, assuming that if I take 75% of their gear it's a full loot and etc. Something about the arial race turns players stupid, which increases directly relative to how much -stat they pile on.

I took the arial hatred edge because it was traditionally arials who had the builds most difficult for me to seal kills on. I was pleased with the damage boost I got from it. It's no material or attack vuln, but racial hatred edges are good edges for a class that depends on either dealing a ton of damage in a short amount of time or pinning people in the wilderness with superior tanking and melee. I also took the ambush disarm edge for daggers/whips and the power ambush edge. Pretty straightforward edges to either cover my weakness or enhance my damage, and they paid off. I had role and OOC reasons to take arial hatred too, they just won't stop ####ing mouthing off, complaining or being a general nuisance. Granted, I don't blame them one bit with what I was doing to their cabalmates and occasionally them.

As Berserkers they all are lucky I left them any gear at all. I was too afraid of someone jumping my ass at sub 25% HP and killing me with a single bash or underhand or a bard song or something ridiculous. I was also scared ####less every time of DB's slipping through my tanking. Unless I lost dex, it happened only once. Losing dex seems to kick wild fam in the pants and it works best with a bonus if you're at max dex it seemed to me.

Goodbyes:

Kardulak, thanks for summoning. I wish you were able to land more kills. You really got shafted. I did gang with you, but more often than not as you can attest to they were fights that the opponent in question had lost before it even started. You just happened to land the kill. In other fights you were indispensible to surprise and seal the kill on people hellbent on not coming into the wilderness but instead sitting in Ostalagiah and taunting.

Rouqwet, your forum persona is signifigantly worse than mine. Had you followed my advice for the vision quest you'd have at least had fun with the character. I've done alignment changes willingly. They blow ass and are not worth the time and energy necessary to put into the character, and no imm is going to give you as much power as you would have had as animist, which in my opinion was not much to begin with. Still, you put up a good fight against Ragers considering you could to #### all to them and had to hide behind me. Killing five at once, four Berserkers, is a moment I'll remember for a long time. I wish you better luck and I don't know if you'll agree with me that all it takes is a glance on paper to realize you need to rely too heavily on your opponent being a ####up to land kills as an animist since you don't have curse.

Various lowbie rangers who asked me for help: Sorry, too busy killing Ragers to RP with you. Which is how many of you would have preferred it.

Nexus: Glad I got to be famous before I joined. It made induction a breeze, having a huge resume' of Berserker kills (for a 2 week old char anyway). Some of you need to learn to gang properly. I already squawked at Mavent for ####ing it up. If he didn't know what I already told him and was letting his ego mouth off at me, he's not nearly as good at the game or playing as long as he claims he has. 2 people, that's it. Anyone else needs to not assist and buff the gangers against the berserker and monitor the GROUP command to figure out who to word using an alias for 'c word'. Do that at a minimum and you'll all seal kills far more and lose lots less CON to DB.

Eterlu, glad to see you were excited to have me around. Sadly, my mind was already frazzled on CF when I made this char. I vastly prefer evil, so when the Imms wise up and make the more powerful ranger builds available to evils, I'll probably not be on your side anymore and be able to collect a whole lot more good gear to pass out.

Sideon, I'm sure that you would have come to appreciate my snare if I could get ahold of more difficult opponents, pin them in place and then let you gate to me. But had I started doing that, my reputation for being 'strong' among lowbie Nexans would have gone to pot. I got many random tells out of the blue even before induction from them. Still I would have been more than willing to do it.

Magrusaiig, I winced when I saw what build you had planned and what you were going for. I winced mainly because I was already kicking Yarkozl's and Bartis' teeth in more often than not, and didn't want you to constantly suffer that pain tenfold from people far scarier than me both Rager and Imperial. I hope things work out for you.

Xerouk, Be glad I ranked out of your PK before I noticed you logging in again. You would have lost some pretty sweet gear to me multiple times before I was done with your ass for ganging me 3-1 out of the blue pre-wild fam.

Deko, don't jump in to fights that aren't your business. The easy kill isn't worth what we both did to you for assisting an already obscenely difficult to kill char (and close to con death that we wanted dead and gone permanently. And were close to killing outright anyway but you wrecked.) What happened to you, happened to Susubienko more times than I can count just for her mouthing off and then jumping into fights with blindness dust. Had you killed Kardulak AFTER we killed Selene, I'd more than likely have left you alone. I understand he full sacced you after he saw your corpse on the way back to his. Personally, I don't blame him one single bit.

To the lowbie Urtrekis druid who transmuted a bunch of stuff to wood for me: Thanks. That was useful for the rest of my life. Savages get hefty penalties to ambush such that using specialized ambush types is impossible unless they use non-metals, even though for ranking and other stuff they do just fine. That wrath sword I used once or twice and thanked you every day for it. I hope the new Imm stops slacking off and empowers you so we can see you more often.

Nyte, I hope things work out for you. You got dire wolf which will be awesome for downing non-flying ragers but I hope you get at least a half decent defensive form to use with it.

Bard Repertoire Clarifications:
http://forums.carrionfields.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=6&topic_id=23735&mesg_id=23735&page=

Susubienko (Guest)Tue 26-May-09 12:05 AM

#80356, "RE: I need a break. Christ."
In response to Reply #1

I'm not a berserker. I don't have deathblow. I beat you alone. In your own territory. After that you ganged.

Looks to me like that pretty much negates your entire post.

Also, if I read the other forum right, you're the guy that's never played a rager. So all those comments about ragers not playing well or doing bad rager things or getting taken to the circle, seem strange from someone who by definition couldn't possibly know. If I misread and you have played a bunch of ragers, then ignore this part. But if not, well, you might consider shutting up. You weren't that good, you ganged, and you talked smack, even after dying one on one, in your own territory. And you definitely don't have a clue about rager ways.

Magrusaiig (Guest)Tue 26-May-09 01:15 AM

#80364, "RE: I need a break. Christ."
In response to Reply #2

Oh just shut the hell up about ####talking, you talk just as much #### as anyone else.

ScrimbulTue 26-May-09 02:18 AM
884 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#80374, "RE: I need a break. Christ."
In response to Reply #2

>I'm not a berserker. I don't have deathblow. I beat you
>alone. In your own territory. After that you ganged.
>

I did gang you. I also killed you in group versus group situations.

Oh and there's logs of you getting killed solo.

Yes, I died to you. It's called ####ing up. Everyone does it. #### happens.

I didn't need Rouqwet or Kardulak to kill you, they just happened to be around. If they didn't land the killing blow on you or supply a little damage it'd have been another bearcharge.

Finally, multikilling and ganging down mages does not a MageSlayer make. If anything me running around killing you proved that you were anything but deserving of the title. As long as we're talking smack.

http://forums.carrionfields.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=6&topic_id=23735&mesg_id=23735&page=

Susubienko (Guest)Tue 26-May-09 03:00 AM

#80384, "RE: I need a break. Christ."
In response to Reply #16

You're really distraught so I'll be gentle. Kardulak summoned me back to you, and you two killed me. No summon, no bearcharge, no kill.

Show me a log where you killed me in group against group situations? I recall only you being in groups, not me.

And you didn't #### up, you just got beat. And after that you fought me in gangs.

And I'm not a berserker.

I'm sure you have reasons to be both wrong and angry, but combined they make a very unattractive person. I'm not even going to respond to the mageslayer stuff, you just don't have enough information to discuss intelligently. Likely I won't respond more to you here so if you want to post more vitriol go ahead and have the last word.

ScrimbulTue 26-May-09 03:18 AM
884 posts
#80385, "I don't much need logs, just the PBF."
In response to Reply #22
Edited on Tue 26-May-09 03:25 AM

May 13, 2009|Lv 35|Silverwood|Susubienko vs 1: Bubw (100%,KB)

May 14, 2009|Lv 36|Glauruk Spawning Ground|Susubienko vs 2: Bubw (50%), Rouqwet (49%, KB) (this log is on qhcf)

May 17, 2009|Lv 42|The Ruins of Ostalagiah|Susubienko vs 1: Bubw (100%,KB)

May 17, 2009|Lv 42|The Ruins of Ostalagiah|Susubienko vs 2: Bubw (41%), Kardulak (58%, KB) (this is what you are referring to. Had he not spammed summon and fireball, I'd have killed you. If I'm thinking of the wrong fight, then this is the fight where you decided to blindness dust me and Kardulak from behind while we fought Aganthas so I decided to turn around and own you while Kardulak continued to fireball while I was eating dagger maladicts from Aganthas instead of him getting smart and rescuing you. The former is less humiliating for you. )

May 21, 2009|Lv 43|The Nexus Island|Susubienko vs 2: Kalzur (72%), Bubw (27%, KB) (This was a raid situation. You missed assassinate and by some miracle bearcharge lagged you enough in this situation in civvie terrain to kill you. This fight was all of six or eight rounds.)

As for you beating me:

May 14, 2009|Lv 36|The Ruins of Ostalagiah|vs 1: Susubienko (100%,KB)
(75% wild fam and a rather close fight to begin with at any rate.)

Hi, foot. Meet mouth.

Also, Nepenthe feels sorry for you.

Thu May 14 16:27:26 2009 by 'Daevryn' at level 36 (43 hrs):
Confidential to dude: For as much as you say 50000 times on the forums that you just hate deathblow and think scouts and defenders are fine, you sure did gang the #### out of and pretty much full loot that scout.

Nevermind that by this point I had figured out you were an asshole first IC then OOC. This comment is after the Glauruk Spawning Ground where Rouqwet held your ass off long enough for me to ambush you and you didn't figure out something was up with him actually sticking around to fight you. I logged in during the middle of this and I couldn't even tell what the hell he was talking about the first five minutes.

Kostyan (Guest)Tue 26-May-09 03:25 AM

#80386, "The problem with Susbienjko's player"
In response to Reply #23

that he has the small #####s.

DaevrynTue 26-May-09 10:15 AM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#80406, "RE: I don't much need logs, just the PBF."
In response to Reply #23

>Also, Nepenthe feels sorry for you.

Nah, that was more me calling BS on your frequently-stated position.

Was Susu even the scout in question? I don't remember.

ScrimbulTue 26-May-09 04:52 PM
884 posts
#80431, "Check the date and such. I was making a wild guess. nt"
In response to Reply #42

Valkenarr (Guest)Tue 26-May-09 12:13 AM

#80357, "Ugg"
In response to Reply #1

I remember rolling around with you as Zandrumial. What happened? It seems like you're bitter to the point of insanity. I'm not saying that you're right or wrong about berserkers, but the intensity of your fury about this is really kind of bizarre.

I don't remember why you refuse to try playing a berserker once. Even if it's not much fun for you, just do it. Then at least your fury wouldn't seem quite so crazed. Oh, and stick it out instead of being a retard like me.

ScrimbulTue 26-May-09 02:09 AM
884 posts
#80370, "RE: Ugg"
In response to Reply #3

I miss Zandy and Boldereth. Alot. I wish I could enjoy RP like that again.

But I think I was very very spoiled in those days as well with an IMM that would practically talk to me 24/7.

Nowadays I don't like any of the imms that are still around for empowerment, or tattooing. The ones I actually enjoyed being around as opposed to merely tolerating their presence are all gone due to various disagreements with the direction the staff is currently going in, or RL or both. There's a small chance one or two of them will return or become active again. Meanwhile the ones that remain continue to be left in their positions for mouthing off about chars and people wholly unwarranted in censored positions behind closed doors ever since they were IMM'd, or empowering and then supporting clear douchebags with pathetic justifications as to why they are not, in fact, douchebags, or pity on them for having their assbaggery outed.

I like Iunna and Kastellyn and find Daevryn and Zulghinlour's discussions on game mechanics interesting even if I vehemently disagree. I do not, however, have the desire or patience to wait for them to log in and do not enjoy the barfly RP as much as I did when you were Zandy and Entropy was cool. The dichotomy between it being an 'organization of chaos' was a dilemma for players to solve, not a flawed plothole of an excuse to tear the cabal down over after denying every Imm willing to run it in it's original form and then give part of the old code to a new guy's tattoo.

Then you go and bring something like Empire back. Then #### up making the players play it properly for at least 3 times (change it to gear = donations, only to revert it, then deny an entirely russian council once only to let them come back, no faulting the russians personally but seriously have some standards for the obvious, you're even INDIRECTLY CITING IT TO BE TONGUE-IN-CHEEK) for the very same reasons that I understand it was removed in the first place. Seriously?

I also have a vehement desire not to have other people determine how I should or shouldn't play the game. This is a big part of why caballed chars are unusual for me and empowerment is once in a blue moon.

In short, my gripes only overlap slightly with Mekantos or Daurwyn. In reality, I could overlook nearly all of the above if the game didn't trend toward the way it is now between the remaining timesinks, the trend toward coddling goodie and Rager players while continually upping the standards on all evil players. I'm glad to see the playercounts wholly disagree with me on all counts. Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn.

Malakhi (Guest)Tue 26-May-09 12:23 AM

#80359, "Whatever."
In response to Reply #1

I don't think I spoke a single word to you.

Until now.

Good luck with your life.

ScrimbulTue 26-May-09 02:14 AM
884 posts
#80372, "Me hearing about your threats to full sac indirectly is..."
In response to Reply #4

Not that full sac deters me in any way. I still had warpaint, smear mud, fashionspear, imbue weapon, and lowbie gear to eventually kill one of you and get a better set back.

Your RP is indiscernable from one another because you all throw fits about the same god damn things that are supposed to be normal elements of gameplay in CF. I would suggest sacking up, my dear.

Rager App (Guest)Tue 26-May-09 11:00 AM

#80408, "Book of Scrimbul: I think people threatened to full sac..."
In response to Reply #14

n/t

Kostyan (Guest)Tue 26-May-09 12:51 AM

#80361, "I will open a little secret to you."
In response to Reply #1

1. Always be ready for berserkers gangs. They will say 'Oh ####, sorry, I had autoassist on and pushed bash button by mistake'

2. Always be ready for villagers 'quit to avoid pk'. They will say 'Oh ####, my wife/dog/ktulhu just arrived and I was forced to quit.'

3. Always be ready to full sac/full loots from villagers. They will say 'We have that #### on a tablet! We mix your armor without our armor to destroy your spirit!'

4. Always be ready that imms will defend all that #### as long as the person behind the villagers not in their black Baer's list.

Like Marcus, who ganged peoples constantly with his last rager and still they didn't boot him from the village Anyway, he sucks

Like Ruhktashi, who started 'Quit to avoid Pk' - and they immed him.

ETC.

PS: I doubt that Thror will change something. Imms should just say this in public and allow those things.

Ragerman (Guest)Tue 26-May-09 12:58 AM

#80362, "No, the secret is"
In response to Reply #5

That because your little anathema assassin gets free passes from roleplay by your empire friends and that you never, ever, ever ,ever do anything even remotely taking a chance (like fighting anyone without martial trance? ever?), means you're a douche. And not even a pleasant smelling one.

Yes yes. (Guest)Tue 26-May-09 01:05 AM

#80363, "Ahahahaha. I kill villagers in trance 24/7 ;) Good try ..."
In response to Reply #6

n/t

yes yes (Guest)Tue 26-May-09 01:30 AM

#80365, "And since I know who are you, THE LOG!"
In response to Reply #7

Typical villagers behavoir.

d
scan all
They aren't here.

(1129/1129) (594/650) (860/880) -wilderness- -9 PM-= The Far Side of the Mountain

(19) A steak of the corpse of an elite storm giant soldier is lying here.
( 3) A steak of the corpse of a storm giant lieutenant is lying here.

(1129/1129) (594/650) (848/880) -wilderness- -9 PM-= You scan north.
You scan south.
You scan east.
You scan west.
You scan up.
You scan down.
***** Range 1 *****
An experienced storm giant stands here guiding the soldiers.

(1129/1129) (594/650) (848/880) -wilderness- -9 PM-= d
scan all
The Far Side of the Mountain

A steak of the corpse of an elite storm giant soldier is lying here.
A worn two-handed sword with a jagged blade lies here.
An experienced storm giant stands here guiding the soldiers.

(1129/1129) (594/650) (836/880) -wilderness- -9 PM-= You scan north.
You scan south.
You scan east.
***** Range 1 *****
Woan is here.
THATTHIEF is here.
Susubienko is here.

You scan west.
You scan up.
You scan down.

(1129/1129) (594/650) (836/880) -wilderness- -9 PM-= e
murder sca

The severed head of an elite storm giant soldier is lying here.
Woan is here.
THATTHIEF is here.
Susubienko is here.

(1129/1129) (594/650) (824/880) -wilderness- -9 PM-=
A sudden pain erupts through your skull.
THATTHIEF's blackjack hits you.
You feel much too macho to scream about being attacked like some kind of sissy.
THATTHIEF has a few scratches.

(1119/1129) (594/650) (824/880) -wilderness- -9 PM-= You do the best you can!
Susubienko looks at you.

(1119/1129) (594/650) (824/880) -wilderness- -9 PM-= kot sca

You trample around loudly again.
THATTHIEF dodges your defilement.
THATTHIEF parries your defilement.
You parry THATTHIEF's poisonous bite.
Your shield blocks THATTHIEF's slash.

(1119/1129) (594/650) (824/880) -wilderness- -9 PM-= THATTHIEF evades your kotegaeshi with surprising agility!

(1119/1129) (594/650) (824/880) -wilderness- -9 PM-=
THATTHIEF's ring shimmers with a soft white glow.

(1119/1129) (594/650) (824/880) -wilderness- -9 PM-=
THATTHIEF has fled!
THATTHIEF leaves down.
Woan leaves down.
Susubienko leaves down.

(1119/1129) (594/650) (824/880) -wilderness- -9 PM-= d

THATTHIEF has arrived.
Susubienko has arrived.
Woan has arrived.

(1119/1129) (594/650) (824/880) -wilderness- -9 PM-= The Bottom of the Dark Mountain

A battle hardened storm giant stands here awaiting the coming invasion.

(1119/1129) (594/650) (812/880) -wilderness- -9 PM-= u

THATTHIEF has arrived.
Woan has arrived.

(1119/1129) (594/650) (812/880) -wilderness- -9 PM-= murder sca

(1119/1129) (594/650) (800/880) -wilderness- -9 PM-= d
murder sca

THATTHIEF has arrived.
Woan has arrived.

(1119/1129) (594/650) (800/880) -wilderness- -9 PM-= THATTHIEF yells 'Help! I am being attacked by Me!'

(1119/1129) (594/650) (800/880) -wilderness- -9 PM-= kot sca

THATTHIEF has fled!
THATTHIEF leaves down.
Woan leaves down.

(1127/1129) (602/650) (861/880) -wilderness- -10 PM-= The Bottom of the Dark Mountain

Susubienko is here.
Woan is here.
THATTHIEF is here.

(1127/1129) (602/650) (849/880) -wilderness- -10 PM-=
THATTHIEF leaves up.
Woan leaves up.

(1127/1129) (602/650) (849/880) -wilderness- -10 PM-= They aren't here.

(1127/1129) (602/650) (849/880) -wilderness- -10 PM-= But you aren't fighting anyone!

(1127/1129) (602/650) (849/880) -wilderness- -10 PM-= u

THATTHIEF has arrived.
Woan has arrived.

(1127/1129) (602/650) (849/880) -wilderness- -10 PM-= The Far Side of the Mountain

(1127/1129) (602/650) (837/880) -wilderness- -10 PM-= d
The Bottom of the Dark Mountain

Susubienko is here.
Woan is here.
THATTHIEF is here.

(1127/1129) (602/650) (825/880) -wilderness- -10 PM-=
You misdirect THATTHIEF's backstab with a fake to your left.

(1127/1129) (602/650) (825/880) -wilderness- -10 PM-= kot sca

You parry THATTHIEF's slash.

(1127/1129) (602/650) (825/880) -wilderness- -10 PM-= You fail to execute kotegaeshi on THATTHIEF.
Your kotegaeshi misses THATTHIEF.

Your defilement DISMEMBERS THATTHIEF!

(1127/1129) (602/650) (825/880) -wilderness- -10 PM-= calt sca

THATTHIEF has fled!
THATTHIEF leaves up.
Woan leaves up.

THATBRAVEBERS has arrived.

THATTHIEF has arrived.
Woan has arrived.

THATTHIEF's backstab MANGLES you!
THATTHIEF's second backstab misses you.

(1031/1129) (602/650) (825/880) -wilderness- -10 PM-= You throw a pawful of sharp spikes at the feet of THATTHIEF.
THATTHIEF starts limping.
Your caltraps devastates THATTHIEF!
THATTHIEF has some small but disgusting cuts.

(1031/1129) (602/650) (825/880) -wilderness- -10 PM-=
THATBRAVEBERS glances at you.

You barely manage to turn THATTHIEF's poisonous bite aside.

Susubienko looks at you.

(1031/1129) (602/650) (825/880) -wilderness- -10 PM-= kan sca

Your defilement MUTILATES THATTHIEF!
You knock THATTHIEF's poisonous bite harmlessly to the side.
You dodge THATTHIEF's slash.

(1031/1129) (602/650) (825/880) -wilderness- -10 PM-= You fail to perform kansetsuwaza on THATTHIEF.
Your kansetsuwaza misses THATTHIEF.

THATBRAVEBERS says 'Flee'

***Wait? Really?***
***Are we avoiding the fight? Perfect example of villagers***

THATTHIEF has fled!
THATTHIEF leaves up.
Woan leaves up.
THATBRAVEBERS leaves up.

(1031/1129) (602/650) (825/880) -wilderness- -10 PM-= where

THATBRAVEBERS swings a jeweled sacrificial dagger in a sweeping blow to your hamstring!
THATBRAVEBERS's hamstring slice devastates you!
THATBRAVEBERS has a few scratches.

***Ah Seriosly? Thats neo gangig ala we keep the parity?***

(999/1129) (602/650) (412/880) -wilderness- -10 PM-= People near you:
(PK) Woan The Far Side of the Mountain
(PK) Me The Bottom of the Dark Mountain
Susubienko The Far Side of the Mountain
(PK) THATBRAVEBERS The Bottom of the Dark Mountain
(PK) THATTHIEF The Far Side of the Mountain
THATBRAVEBERS has a few scratches.

(999/1129) (602/650) (412/880) -wilderness- -10 PM-= kot sca
You grab hold of THATBRAVEBERS's wrist and twist it violently!
Your kotegaeshi EVISCERATES THATBRAVEBERS!
THATBRAVEBERS has some small but disgusting cuts.

(999/1129) (602/650) (412/880) -wilderness- -10 PM-=
THATBRAVEBERS parries your defilement.
THATBRAVEBERS dodges your defilement.
You parry THATBRAVEBERS's defilement.

Your defilement EVISCERATES THATBRAVEBERS!
Your shield blocks THATBRAVEBERS's defilement.
With a quick twist you move to the side of THATBRAVEBERS's defilement.
You dodge THATBRAVEBERS's defilement.

(999/1129) (602/650) (412/880) -wilderness- -10 PM-= say Brave

THATBRAVEBERS stops using a jeweled sacrificial dagger.
THATBRAVEBERS wields a long elvish mace.

(999/1129) (602/650) (412/880) -wilderness- -10 PM-= kan sca

THATBRAVEBERS dual wields a long elvish mace.

THATBRAVEBERS brings a long elvish mace around with bone-shattering force!
THATBRAVEBERS's bone-shattering blow DISMEMBERS you!

(944/1129) (602/650) (412/880) -wilderness- -10 PM-=
You continue to bleed from your wounds.
Your bleeding hamstring hits you.

(934/1129) (605/650) (427/880) -wilderness- -11 PM-= You say 'Brave'

(934/1129) (605/650) (427/880) -wilderness- -11 PM-= You fail to perform kansetsuwaza on THATBRAVEBERS.
Your kansetsuwaza misses THATBRAVEBERS.
THATBRAVEBERS's crush maims you!
You dodge THATBRAVEBERS's crush.
Your shield blocks THATBRAVEBERS's crush.
THATBRAVEBERS delivers a blow of deadly force!
THATBRAVEBERS's crush === OBLITERATES === you!

(723/1129) (605/650) (427/880) -wilderness- -11 PM-=

(690/1129) (605/650) (427/880) -wilderness- -11 PM-=
THATBRAVEBERS brings a long elvish mace around to hit your head!
THATBRAVEBERS's cranial hit maims you!

(656/1129) (605/650) (427/880) -wilderness- -11 PM-=
THATBRAVEBERS turns your defilement aside with a quick blow.
THATBRAVEBERS delivers a blow of deadly force!
You parry THATBRAVEBERS's crush.

Susubienko sits down and rests.

(656/1129) (605/650) (427/880) -wilderness- -11 PM-= vanish

Susubienko finishes eating a side of deer venison.

Your defilement devastates THATBRAVEBERS!

(620/1129) (605/650) (427/880) -wilderness- -11 PM-= You throw down a small globe and vanish.
The Second Level of Kiadana-Rah

You are still breathing too hard to hide.
You attempt to move silently.

(620/1129) (580/650) (427/880) -civilized- -11 PM-= bindw sca
You bandage your wounds and focus your natural healing.

(696/1129) (546/650) (427/880) -civilized- -11 PM-=
You trample around loudly again.

(687/1129) (550/650) (442/880) -civilized- -12 AM-= yell Ah, thats how you fight, braveee.
You yell 'Ah, thats how you fight, braveee.'

(687/1129) (550/650) (442/880) -civilized- -12 AM-= where
bindw sca
People near you:
(PK) Me The Second Level of Kiadana-Rah
(PK) THATBRAVEBERS The Second Level of Kiadana-Rah

(687/1129) (550/650) (442/880) -civilized- -12 AM-= You aren't up to binding more wounds.

who pk
People near you:

(687/1129) (550/650) (442/880) -civilized- -12 AM-= <51 Storm War> (PK) Aeinrez Vignus the Legend of the Battlefield
<45 Fire War> (PK) Woan the Champion of Arms
*51 Felar Asn* (PK) Me the Dai Sensei of the Miyama Ryu, Anathema to the Empire
<48 Human Bar> (PK) Astomel the Chronicler
<51 W-Elf Bar> (PK) Bilatu the Grand Master of Artistry
<51 Human Shf> (PK) Trovgen the Grand Master of Changelings
<51 Arial War> (PK) THATBRAVEBERS Malakhar the Pitiless Reaper, Warped Phoenix
<47 Human Thi> (PK) THATTHIEF Vance the Secret, Enforcer of Dagdan
<51 Felar Thi> (PK) Fyeereth Slink the Fiery Keeper of Cadence, High Herald, Bandit King of Hamsah Mu'tazz
<51 Felar Shf> (PK) Zalenne the Grand Mistress of Changelings

Players found: 10

(687/1129) (550/650) (442/880) -civilized- -12 AM-= People near you:
THATBRAVEBERS hurls a throwing dagger at you, striking you square in the chest!
THATBRAVEBERS's hurled dagger hits you.

(678/1129) (550/650) (442/880) -civilized- -12 AM-=
Your defilement maims THATBRAVEBERS!
Your defilement MUTILATES THATBRAVEBERS!
You parry THATBRAVEBERS's pierce.

(678/1129) (550/650) (442/880) -civilized- -12 AM-= kan sca

THATBRAVEBERS wields the flaming scepter of Chaos.
THATBRAVEBERS is covered with bleeding wounds.

(678/1129) (550/650) (442/880) -civilized- -12 AM-= You fail to perform kansetsuwaza on THATBRAVEBERS.
Your kansetsuwaza misses THATBRAVEBERS.

Your shield blocks THATBRAVEBERS's wrath.
You parry THATBRAVEBERS's pierce.
THATBRAVEBERS's wrath misses you.
You dodge THATBRAVEBERS's wrath.

THATBRAVEBERS stops using the dagger of Yog-Sothoth.
THATBRAVEBERS dual wields the flaming scepter of Chaos.

You parry THATBRAVEBERS's wrath.
THATBRAVEBERS's wrath wounds you.

(659/1129) (550/650) (442/880) -civilized- -12 AM-=
THATBRAVEBERS brings the flaming scepter of Chaos around to hit your head!
THATBRAVEBERS's cranial hit decimates you!

(633/1129) (550/650) (442/880) -civilized- -12 AM-=
THATBRAVEBERS's wrath mauls you.

(572/1129) (550/650) (442/880) -civilized- -12 AM-= flee

You feel ready to bind up more wounds.
Your bleeding decimates you!

(535/1129) (550/650) (445/880) -civilized- -1 AM-=
THATBRAVEBERS's wrath misses you.

(535/1129) (550/650) (445/880) -civilized- -1 AM-= The Second Level of Kiadana-Rah

A fire giant searches for signs of intruders.
You flee from combat!

(535/1129) (550/650) (443/880) -civilized- -1 AM-= q transportation
You can't find it.

(535/1129) (550/650) (443/880) -civilized- -1 AM-= s

(535/1129) (550/650) (443/880) -civilized- -1 AM-= s
The Second Level of Kiadana-Rah

A fire giant searches for signs of intruders.

(535/1129) (550/650) (441/880) -civilized- -1 AM-= The Second Level of Kiadana-Rah

(535/1129) (550/650) (439/880) -civilized- -1 AM-= q potion
You drink a potion of teleportation.
Dusky Trail

A little boy spins around with his imaginary playmates.

(535/1129) (550/650) (439/880) -civilized- -1 AM-= where
bindw sca
People near you:
(PK) Me Dusky Trail

(535/1129) (550/650) (439/880) -civilized- -1 AM-= You bandage your wounds and focus your natural healing.

(611/1129) (516/650) (439/880) -civilized- -1 AM-= where
People near you:
(PK) Me Dusky Trail

(611/1129) (516/650) (439/880) -civilized- -1 AM-= tell Mala Well well.
THATBRAVEBERS is ignoring you.

***Yea, yea ***

(611/1129) (516/650) (439/880) -civilized- -1 AM-= tell Sca Well well
You tell THATTHIEF 'Well well'

(611/1129) (516/650) (439/880) -civilized- -1 AM-=

Malakhi (Guest)Tue 26-May-09 02:05 AM

#80368, "No, I'm not "Ragerman""
In response to Reply #9

And I only want to add the following:

I already have to hit "ignore kjrorh" the moment I see you vis to avoid the inevitable griefing that really does ruin the game for me. Please do not bring your griefing to the forums as well.

Thank you.

TMNS (Guest)Tue 26-May-09 02:14 AM

#80373, "I loved getting banned on Dio's for telling it like it ..."
In response to Reply #11

NT

Yes yes (Guest)Tue 26-May-09 02:18 AM

#80376, "The message was directed to the Thief."
In response to Reply #11

And you showed perfect in this log. I would boot you or thief for such action.

TMNS (Guest)Tue 26-May-09 02:21 AM

#80378, "Beront, you're famous for doing the EXACT SAME THING."
In response to Reply #18

Did you forgot your cloud giant berserker 'RAGE OF DRAGONS' character?

Who, btw, got booted from Battle?

You're such an assbag griefer man. All your characters are able to be spotted from 447987397981729872987127 miles away.

Yes yes (Guest)Tue 26-May-09 02:38 AM

#80383, "If you forgot. I was reinducted. I learnt the ####. Tha..."
In response to Reply #19

why I point at it.

And baby, I know what you are playing. I lost my respect in you. You become shiny lover ganger quiter - insert cabal here - number #1123123123.

TMNS (Guest)Tue 26-May-09 03:43 AM

#80387, "Rofl. I stayed on for 20 minutes past when I had to go..."
In response to Reply #21

Just because you were trying to kill me and I knew it would piss you off.

I liked Kostyan. Your current sucks a giant #### though.

Yes yes (Guest)Tue 26-May-09 03:55 AM

#80388, "Such things don't piss me, coz"
In response to Reply #25

95% of current playerbase act like this You are not Borkand, and you will never be. Also, remeber your failed gang attempt? Refused the duel? Just be careful dear Don't die to me

TMNS (Guest)Tue 26-May-09 03:58 AM

#80389, "What's funny is the one time you weren't a #### you kil..."
In response to Reply #26

But now all you is try your one-trick pony ####.

Nothing about my character needs to accept a duel.

Nothing about my character says I shouldn't gang you.

Don't fight anyone near me or I'm coming for you and dropping the loot hammer and hoping you freak out as much as you did when I took a total of two things from you.

TMNS (Guest)Tue 26-May-09 04:00 AM

#80390, "PS After you killed me I thought 'Self, maybe he's not ..."
In response to Reply #27

Then you proved me wrong you drunk bastard.

Yes yes (Guest)Tue 26-May-09 04:03 AM

#80391, "Ahahaha"
In response to Reply #27

One trick pony? Thats why you die to lonly assassin while the bard and you were trying to gang him? LOL. No, really, lol. Thats one trick.

Thats why you died to assassinate. Thats the second trick.

Oh, wait, I took nothing, both times. And you took things that you didn't use? Oh, you must be really delusional. However...You will buy my PBF or send message to unban me from Dios, and you will see, how many pks I got without assassinate. Especially on berserkers

Bye, girly, now you begin to sound like one.

TMNS (Guest)Tue 26-May-09 04:06 AM

#80392, "Vodka is getting to you."
In response to Reply #29

You never assassinated me. You only killed me once even though you tried to gang me a couple times since and couldn't get the job done. Only time you got me was the time I was talking about (when I actually had respect for the character). Keep trying though, please, I beg you.

And I only died there because I was a suicidal idiot and should have known you had trance up but decided to stick it out anyway.

PS I'm banned from Dio's for calling you a cunt. You know why.

Yes yes (Guest)Tue 26-May-09 04:10 AM

#80393, "I assassinated you, LOL. We will buy my PBF and see."
In response to Reply #30

Right mister A?

TMNS (Guest)Tue 26-May-09 04:13 AM

#80394, "Man son, you must be drunk."
In response to Reply #31

I've only been assassinated on CF twice.

Once with my first character, then by Yhorian.

That's gotta sting, that Yhorian has assassinated me and you haven't. Guess you aren't king #### like you thought.

And I have every moment of the character's life logged. Sorry, only one death to you (though not for your lack of trying).

TMNS (Guest)Tue 26-May-09 04:14 AM

#80396, "Who is going to buy your PBF?"
In response to Reply #31

We all know you can't.

Shapa is by far a better player and killer than you. If your character was played by him I'm sure I'd almost be condead by now.

Yes yes (Guest)Tue 26-May-09 04:20 AM

#80397, "I assassinated you :) On the east road if you don't rem..."
In response to Reply #34

Perhaps you should pass your chars to your friends.

And as for Shapa - I don't care. I already beated his PK/Assassination ratio. So it doesn't matter

Good luck, girl.

PS: I don't drink vodka, girly. I am the sportsman. Only beer and only on weekends

Yes yes (Guest)Tue 26-May-09 04:27 AM

#80400, "Shouldn't pass, mispelled indeed. n/t"
In response to Reply #35

n/t

TMNS (Guest)Tue 26-May-09 01:02 PM

#80414, "I know who you assassinated, and it wasn't me chief."
In response to Reply #35

It was someone who has a similar name.

ScrimbulTue 26-May-09 01:55 AM
884 posts
#80366, "FYI I almost killed you. :) You escaped by luck, I thin..."
In response to Reply #5

Yes yes (Guest)Tue 26-May-09 02:05 AM

#80369, "You know that 'ALMOST' - doesnt count? ;) n/t"
In response to Reply #10

nt

Marcus_Tue 26-May-09 04:13 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
681 posts
#80395, "tehee.."
In response to Reply #5

djabree: Average Group Size Per Kill 1.30
Death's Gank-O-Meter says: Self-Reliant

arrazn: Average Group Size Per Kill 1.50
Death's Gank-O-Meter says: Somewhat Ganky

stop whining, get off your chornozhopiy and roll a rager instead.

Yes yes (Guest)Tue 26-May-09 04:21 AM

#80398, "Do not worry, Marcus, I have a log for you :)"
In response to Reply #33

I will post it after age death. You still suck. I don't know how you got assassinated with that legacy..You must be suck

Yes yes (Guest)Tue 26-May-09 04:25 AM

#80399, "And the small bonus for you!"
In response to Reply #36

Djabree

Total PK Wins 430 (229 at level 51)
Total PK Losses 84
Total Mob Deaths 22
# of Cleaved in HALF Deaths 1
# of Assassination Deaths 3

Kostyan

Total PK Wins 517 (495 at level 51)
Total PK Losses 60
Total Mob Deaths 14

Go back to sucking.

Marcus_Tue 26-May-09 09:10 AM
681 posts
#80403, "RE: And the small bonus for you!"
In response to Reply #37

>> Go back to sucking.

Funny, I just said that to your mom

Yhorian (Guest)Tue 26-May-09 12:52 PM

#80413, "Ahahaha! BURNED! nt"
In response to Reply #39

nt

IsildurTue 26-May-09 09:58 AM
5969 posts
#80405, "RE: And the small bonus for you!"
In response to Reply #37

Until beront plays an arial berserker and Marcus plays a drow STSF Emperor...there's really no comparison.

TMNS (Guest)Tue 26-May-09 02:18 AM

#80375, "We fought twice."
In response to Reply #1

First time, you smartly used a staff of return.

Second time you beat my ass.

You were tough in the wilderness, you ####er.

Bad part is I figured out Bubw=Scrimbul without any real detective work, and homey, that ain't that good.

Try being less caustic? I mean, at least try? And for god sakes roll a rager?!?!?!?!

ScrimbulTue 26-May-09 02:36 AM
884 posts
#80382, "RE: We fought twice."
In response to Reply #17

>First time, you smartly used a staff of return.

ah lerv 100% talismans

>
>Second time you beat my ass.
>
>You were tough in the wilderness, you ####er.

To be fair, I took advantage of an ability that was slightly unbalanced and that I was overlooked for continuing to exploit IMHO.

>
>Bad part is I figured out Bubw=Scrimbul without any real
>detective work, and homey, that ain't that good.
>
>Try being less caustic? I mean, at least try? And for god
>sakes roll a rager?!?!?!?!

If I roll a rager it's going to be one of the most conservative ragers ever played, or another support class bitch.

Though, cloud savage forester Rager offers some very interesting possibilities for picking off incoming and outgoing raiding parties... but far less than someone punking people who stubbornly insist on using the Slaughtering Grounds. With savage blow and enhanced tanking versus shifters, it could be fun.

I've player Ragers, just not berserkers. If I make a Rager it would probably be arial assassin berserker just to use martial trance then switch to thirst.

But I'm not doing that for at least a month. Looking around I have rooms to clean, taxes to pay, laundry to do, a semester to register for, 4 shrink-wrapped RPG's I still haven't played, a 5th coming on Wednesday and too much homework undone. And that's not even accounting for the networking I need to be doing where I live. Given all that, CF needs to take a back seat for a while, it causes the same problem other folks have with WoW. I.e. it's interesting but not necessarily fun.

IsildurTue 26-May-09 09:54 AM
5969 posts
#80404, "RE: I need a break. Christ."
In response to Reply #1

>Bearcharge got tweaked. It's still reliable and very very
>scary but no longer autokill permalags people who are two
>sizes below you.

I'm going to laugh if bearcharge was, in fact, never tweaked.

Here's what I'm getting from your assessment of this character:

1. I level sat at 36,
2. never ranked to hero,
3. ganged as much as I could,
4. still died to arials and/or dagger/mace guys,
5. and, oh yeah, Woldrun,
6. wanted nice gear, but wasn't willing to look for it,
7. refused to role-play with lowbie rangers, and yet criticized Malakhi, Aganthas and Susubienko for their lack of role-play,
8. beat up berserkers more skilled than me while using no preps, and yet still maintain berserkers are overpowered.

Nice.

ScrimbulTue 26-May-09 05:08 PM
884 posts
#80433, "RE: I need a break. Christ."
In response to Reply #40
Edited on Tue 26-May-09 05:15 PM

>>Bearcharge got tweaked. It's still reliable and very very
>>scary but no longer autokill permalags people who are two
>>sizes below you.
>
>I'm going to laugh if bearcharge was, in fact, never tweaked.

If you regularly keep your opponent only getting 1-2 commands in a battle, you notice when they get more than that. If it wasn't tweaked, it still needs to be.

>
>Here's what I'm getting from your assessment of this
>character:
>
>1. I level sat at 36,

Thought about it.

>2. never ranked to hero,

Every hero was in my PK. All I had to gain from ranking to hero was edges. What I kept from ranking to hero was beating up on the ragers coming into the late 30's.

If you think that hitting 51 was going to change who I could and couldn't fight with a 700 xp pen., you're sorely mistaken or not playing enough giants with anything besides a 0 class xp penalty. Ahtieli and Woldrun were in my range so what does 51 have #### all to do with anything?

>3. ganged as much as I could,

Eh. I'm not arguing this either way. I could have killed them solo, and was permalagging them solo. If you think a fire AP with no a/b/s and a wood-elf animist are ganging, more power to you. The commands they spammed were kick, disarm, and fireball, not bash.

>4. still died to arials and/or dagger/mace guys,

No, my record stands pretty even against arial dagger/mace zerker. This build, just like every single other melee build in the game, is disadvantaged against it unless you snare and use ambush disarm, then pray they waste their one command.

>5. and, oh yeah, Woldrun,

Aganthas was hovering so my muter couldn't reduce him. I lost but still put up a hell of a fight before finally hitting civvie.

>6. wanted nice gear, but wasn't willing to look for it,

It was on the zerkers anyway who came into it constantly due to DB and their cabal pit.

>7. refused to role-play with lowbie rangers, and yet
>criticized Malakhi, Aganthas and Susubienko for their lack of
>role-play,

If you hunt for PKs every single login, it rather precludes talking to people asking you how to do quests and get gear.

>8. beat up berserkers more skilled than me while using no
>preps, and yet still maintain berserkers are overpowered.

They are. I just picked something that on paper was just as bad. Tanking > DB, but rangers tank better than all but the most defensive of warrior builds. Lag kills ragers, until they thirst. Then I'm pretty much riding wild fam, which is equal to thirst. Metabolic quickening + wild fam is not as good as you'd otherwise believe, but Aganthas sure believed I was fighting like I was accelerated regardless.

It wasn't like DB wasn't getting them kills against me. It was. I just intentionally built the character for it to happen far less than it otherwise might have. MOST FOLKS IN THE GAME CANNOT DO THIS WITHOUT OBSCENE TIME INVESTMENTS WHICH IS THE CRUX OF MY ARGUMENT AGAINST DB WINNING FIGHTS ON A DICE ROLL AND THE ENTIRE REASON I SUGGESTED IT SHOULD RANDOMLY DISPEL PREPS AND A/B/S.

Keep in mind, to get around this I was stuck in the wilderness rooms. It's not my fault the entire cabal is retarded and keeps using the wilderness rooms. At least three of them started consistently using the roads when they figured out there was a fifty-fifty chance of getting snared and a seventy-five percent chance of them dying to it.

>
>Nice.

I lol'd nt

IsildurTue 26-May-09 07:17 PM
5969 posts
#80441, "RE: I need a break. Christ."
In response to Reply #57

>If you regularly keep your opponent only getting 1-2 commands
>in a battle, you notice when they get more than that. If it
>wasn't tweaked, it still needs to be.

If it wasn't tweaked, then you sound a little foolish for writing this:

"Bearcharge got tweaked. It's still reliable and very very scary but no longer autokill permalags people who are two sizes below you. It needed this for over eight months and finally got it so I'm glad someone finally listened."

According to nepenthe elsewhere in this thread, bearcharge has not been tweaked recently with regard to the aspects mentioned above.

>>1. I level sat at 36,
>Thought about it.

According to what you wrote, you did more than just think about it:

"As it was when I started the character and spent the majority of my time at 36..."

Although, looking at the PBF, you only spent 9 hours at lvl36. That's level sitting "a little", but not terribly so. I was just going off what you wrote in your goodbye post.

>Ahtieli and Woldrun were in my range so what does
>51 have #### all to do with anything?

If you had ranked to 51 then you could not have picked on high 30s ragers. Presumably some non-insignificant portion of your kills came against such characters.

>>3. ganged as much as I could,
>
>Eh. I'm not arguing this either way.

It would be hard to argue it at all, considering you had a gank-o-meter of 2.06 and wrote this of yourself:

"Yes, I ganged shamelessly when it was convienient."

>>4. still died to arials and/or dagger/mace guys,
>
>No, my record stands pretty even against arial dagger/mace
>zerker.

Then why did you write:

"I died to dagger/mace arial zerkers because concealed fires on savage blow which is massively gay."

>>7. refused to role-play with lowbie rangers, and yet
>>criticized Malakhi, Aganthas and Susubienko for their lack
>>of role-play,
>
>If you hunt for PKs every single login, it rather precludes
>talking to people asking you how to do quests and get gear.

Maybe the same could be said of the three characters you criticize, then?

I mean, you talk about how all three of them sound the same. Was there anything about Bubw that set him apart from all the other cloud giant rangers? And was this something a person could pick up from a couple short tells going back and forth?

If not, then your criticism of Aganthas/Malakhi/Susubienko seems a little hypocritical.

>>8. beat up berserkers more skilled than me while using no
>>preps, and yet still maintain berserkers are overpowered.
>
>They are. I just picked something that on paper was just as
>bad.

If there is a build in the game that pretty much owns yours, even when your opponent doesn't use preps and is less skilled than you, then it's hard to argue that your build is "overpowered".

Scrimbul lazy (Guest)Tue 26-May-09 09:41 PM

#80460, "RE: I need a break. Christ."
In response to Reply #60

>>Ahtieli and Woldrun were in my range so what does
>>51 have #### all to do with anything?
>
>If you had ranked to 51 then you could not have picked on high
>30s ragers. Presumably some non-insignificant portion of your
>kills came against such characters.

They had Deathblow thus the fight was even in my opinion, including choosing to gang them because *I was not prepping and enlarge does not count*. Short of picking Greeting or Harmonious Equilibrium, there aren't a whole lot of legacies that were going to change the outcome of those fights.

>
>
>>>3. ganged as much as I could,
>>
>>Eh. I'm not arguing this either way.
>
>It would be hard to argue it at all, considering you had a
>gank-o-meter of 2.06 and wrote this of yourself:
>
>"Yes, I ganged shamelessly when it was convienient."

I'm pretty sure a statistics whorebag like yourself knows that 80 hours is going to cause complications with a small sample size. If I didn't power the char to 35 in 5 days (about how long it takes me to get a cloud ranger with a 700 xp pen. to wild fam and then perfect it + talismans) or if I did and then wasn't already soured on CF my gank-o-meter and other statistics could have gone either way. As it is now, you just know I killed ragers and had people spam disarm for me so it didn't take as long to bearcharge them down, that's about it from those statistics. In that log where 5 ragers died in a snare, if I was solo only 3 would have died probably. That's the only difference if Rouqwet wasn't around, and he pretty much *had* to gang behind my back to get kills on Ragers since he's a god damn animist. That's essentially a bard with a worse skill set and wild fam that had to punch through spellbane and has fewer area spells FYI.

>
>
>>>4. still died to arials and/or dagger/mace guys,
>>
>>No, my record stands pretty even against arial dagger/mace
>>zerker.
>
>Then why did you write:
>
>"I died to dagger/mace arial zerkers because concealed fires
>on savage blow which is massively gay."

Because I DIED TO DAGGER/MACE ARIAL ZERKERS BECAUSE OF CONCEALED AND HAMSTRING DOING -10 DEX AND BONESHATTER DOING -9/-9. None of this says 'lol they kicked my ass' I just had to pick and choose when to ####ing attack them, numbnuts. They were harder to kill and very likely to kill me if they would stop wielding avg 15 envenomed daggers and mattocks of tundra evergreen against prot vs. metal and prot vs. phys. Instead they started wielding avg 15 defilement daggers and shimmering ornate scepters which in some cases was enough of a damage boost to kill me outright due in large part to DB.

>
>
>>>7. refused to role-play with lowbie rangers, and yet
>>>criticized Malakhi, Aganthas and Susubienko for their lack
>>>of role-play,
>>
>>If you hunt for PKs every single login, it rather precludes
>>talking to people asking you how to do quests and get gear.
>
>Maybe the same could be said of the three characters you
>criticize, then?
>
>I mean, you talk about how all three of them sound the same.
>Was there anything about Bubw that set him apart from all the
>other cloud giant rangers? And was this something a person
>could pick up from a couple short tells going back and forth?
>
>If not, then your criticism of Aganthas/Malakhi/Susubienko
>seems a little hypocritical.

You didn't have to listen to the incessant bitching when they died, or in Malakhi's case hear it indirectly through your cabal leader that was this conversation paraphrased: 'lol he's gonna #### your ass' 'lol I'm gonna #### out both his eyes'.

Susubienko promised to multikill me just for winning my battles via permalag because he was used to just ripping people to shreds using resist and assassin skills. It took me three attempts to finally figure out I either needed a higher wild fam % or to disarm his mainhand, the latter of which I did, and then he turned into a cranky child as a result.

Aganthas was just a ####bag all around, his thread speaks for itself.

Malakhi was a little quieter but had the exact same attitude toward getting looted, a normal occurence in daily CF life. Quite frankly Battle should have full looted me more, it would have taught me to fight better and forced me to use warpaint or smear mud, which were largely inconvienient to take advantage of.

>
>
>>>8. beat up berserkers more skilled than me while using no
>>>preps, and yet still maintain berserkers are overpowered.
>>
>>They are. I just picked something that on paper was just as
>>bad.
>
>If there is a build in the game that pretty much owns yours,
>even when your opponent doesn't use preps and is less skilled
>than you, then it's hard to argue that your build is
>"overpowered".

You're a ####ing #### you know that? You know full well dagger as a spec by itself counters too many melee builds in the game for it to be balanced even just sitting AFK with concealed. This isn't exclusive to beating bearcharge whores, it's just bearcharge whoring seals kills on everyone ELSE more easily, and you can replace it with savage blow in the right terrain if your opponent has control trans or prot shield. You can't do anything against concealed but sit with your thumb up your ass for four rounds while they either rewield a new weapon or watch your dirt kick miss.

DaevrynTue 26-May-09 10:35 AM
11117 posts
#80407, "Well, let's see:"
In response to Reply #1

A bunch of different comments, in no particular order.

You set out to make a character who killed Battle at a time when Battle was doing really well (not because of its size exactly -- those numbers include applicants -- but more because it just has a lot of good players right now that play often) and succeeded in that. In that sense, good job. I'm sure some of those Battle players hated you, but at least dealing with you gave them something to do and worry about at some times when otherwise I think they'd have been pretty bored.

In a lot of ways this is a textbook example of a neutral character who saw a lot of PK action but that I would never (even pre-Nexus) have considered making evil. Your role staked out who your enemies were and why, your enemies list wasn't basically 'everyone', and you clearly put your focus there. I think that's perfectly valid and I think most (not all, though I expect in a year someone will misquote me that way) PK-action-seeking neutral characters should be roughly in that mold.

I still say you should give playing exactly the kind of Battle berserker warrior (hell, go arial dagger/mace) a shot. If nothing else by the time you're done I guarantee you will see extra weaknesses to exploit in fighting them down the road.

Wilderness familiarity is a skill that boosts dodge. Losing dex hurts dodge. So in that sense, yeah, -dex is going to kick your tanking down a lot. A ranger in the woods with wilderness familiarity with 3 dex will dodge a hell of a lot more than any other 3 dex character I can think of, but you're still not really in supertank status at that point.

I did make a tweak to bearcharge recently, but (and I double-checked the math/code on this) it's only relevant if the person you're bearcharging is tanking 3 or more people, and it only effects whether bearcharge will hit or miss, not how much it lags. It's possible you or your opponents were doing something different in the cases where it seemed less effective to you.

ScrimbulTue 26-May-09 05:32 PM
884 posts
#80436, "RE: Well, let's see:"
In response to Reply #43
Edited on Tue 26-May-09 05:43 PM

>A bunch of different comments, in no particular order.
>
>You set out to make a character who killed Battle at a time
>when Battle was doing really well (not because of its size
>exactly -- those numbers include applicants -- but more
>because it just has a lot of good players right now that play
>often) and succeeded in that. In that sense, good job. I'm
>sure some of those Battle players hated you, but at least
>dealing with you gave them something to do and worry about at
>some times when otherwise I think they'd have been pretty
>bored.

Had I not been absolutely fried, frustrated, annoyed and gleefully seeking sadistic vengeance mentally when I made the character, my gank-o-meter could have gotten either better or worse than it did. Sub-150 hour characters skew statistics horribly.

I rolled the character partly to make the point I wasn't just making comments out my ass. I know how to kill them and what is involved. I also can have the opinion of the opportunity costs being too high without playing one and not be a complete ignorant moron.

>
>In a lot of ways this is a textbook example of a neutral
>character who saw a lot of PK action but that I would never
> even pre-Nexus) have considered making evil. Your role
>staked out who your enemies were and why, your enemies list
>wasn't basically 'everyone', and you clearly put your focus
>there. I think that's perfectly valid and I think most (not
>all, though I expect in a year someone will misquote me that
>way) PK-action-seeking neutral characters should be roughly in
>that mold.

I probably did better in this respect than Bok, who I suspect was on the path to being turned evil right about when Baerinika gave my Hunted by Fortress. Granted, I wanted paladins to start initiating wholesale slaughter on Outlanders as that character, something that was never going to happen nor probably worth killing them for.

Ragers are built to take the kind of punishment I intended, and kinda succeeded in dishing out without empowerment. For them to complain about what I did to them upon their deaths at all, or for how I chose to kill them, is obscene. It's been consistently stated that if you can get away with it you do not fight Village, but if you do, and it's a Berserker, you better either know your dam redux or bring an army. I don't think you should have to do either, and me playing this character and killing them solo does not prove an army isn't needed, it just proved I knew how to take advantage of tanking better than they are used to.

>
>I still say you should give playing exactly the kind of Battle
>berserker warrior (hell, go arial dagger/mace) a shot. If
>nothing else by the time you're done I guarantee you will see
>extra weaknesses to exploit in fighting them down the road.
>

I might. I need to do it when I'm not actively choosing to enact, and enjoy pre-pubescent twelve-year-old-with-a-magnifying-glass sadism on a cabal for being populated for months on end and absolutely ####ing sick of them attacking my mage groupmates with DB for several chars in a row and getting titled for it.

>Wilderness familiarity is a skill that boosts dodge. Losing
>dex hurts dodge. So in that sense, yeah, -dex is going to
>kick your tanking down a lot. A ranger in the woods with
>wilderness familiarity with 3 dex will dodge a hell of a lot
>more than any other 3 dex character I can think of, but you're
>still not really in supertank status at that point.

It'd be nice, but not strictly necessary, if this pointed out that it increased dodge specifically in the helpfile. I had to learn this the hard way but it explained why entwine and -dex ####ed me royally, more than I would have expected if the bonus was to dodge and parry equally. I started to feel it when I lost a mere 5 dex. I am not usually perceptive enough to see these things in this game.

I still want you to consider the diminishing marginal returns after a certain amount of cumulative -stat. The fact of the matter is people aren't numbers, they're people. If you're feeling weak on a given day, there's no real way to quantify feeling twice as weak, you just know you feel worse. There doesn't need to be a cap on -stat specs being stacked, just a slowing down past a certain point. I promise, I geared for it and gearing any further than I did would have nerfed my damage to where it would have guaranteed them a command to slip through.

>
>I did make a tweak to bearcharge recently, but (and I
>double-checked the math/code on this) it's only relevant if
>the person you're bearcharging is tanking 3 or more people,
>and it only effects whether bearcharge will hit or miss, not
>how much it lags. It's possible you or your opponents were
>doing something different in the cases where it seemed less
>effective to you.

If it hasn't been tweaked for a +2 or +3 size advantage to do trip-lag more often than it does now, it certainly needs it. It's as bad or worse than -20 in both str and dex, being very hurt and then eating demo parting blows, but it's far easier to pull off. More than it has any business being. Granted the hard counter is concealed, but concealed's balance is in it's synergy with other specs and with people getting more swings on you, not with concealed by itself. Kind of how DB is probably fine on it's own but sharply increases the stakes of the fight when thirst comes into play and starts making lag moves set to one round at random with no echoes for when this happens. (In X's berserk fury, they shrug off most of your stunning attack!)

I'd also like it if you could provide a rationale, even if it's a wild guess since you're not Team Ranger Revamp on your own, as to why fire giants are forced into the choice of either taking nerfed or no bearcharge at all. Which is why I asked about a code bit to allow fire giants to skip the cold skills for mountaineer just to have sure footing and the progging bearcharge. I understand each race is supposed to have certain restrictions, but this seems particularly harsh when all you did for clouds was prevent them from being explorers (to all-too-effectively cover their disease vuln).

Also why concealed fires on savage blow. Savage blow's effects vary based on terrain and it really only lags in forests or mountains. It doesn't need to increase the opportunity cost for a character that can barely dent dex to begin with. The damage is slightly nicer than bearcharge and can get surprisingly high especially for a trip lag move, but it's nothing to write home about when you take savage for anything but forest or mountain.

NMTehW (Guest)Tue 26-May-09 11:37 AM

#80409, "Three cheers for raping all the cheesy-ass Eulinda copy..."
In response to Reply #1

ScrimbulTue 26-May-09 04:52 PM
884 posts
#80430, "I did okay against the Eulindas. I didn't do great. nt"
In response to Reply #45

Eulinda (Guest)Tue 26-May-09 05:46 PM

#80438, "Oh hush dearie!!"
In response to Reply #45

You know you miss me!!! Kiss kiss!

TwistTue 26-May-09 12:49 PM
Member since 23rd Sep 2006
3431 posts
#80410, "I'm just curious about something"
In response to Reply #1

Why did you post Bubw logs on Dio's and then reply to them as Scrimbul, pretending you weren't playing the char? I was absolutely positive Bubw was Scrimbul, but then saw that and started to wonder if you gave the char away or something.

Was it because you can't reply to logs anonymously, so you felt you had to pretend? I can understand that, to some extent.

Or were you trying to throw people off into thinking you weren't playing this guy?

I'm honestly just curious, not trying to accuse or anything. The part that made me sit up and take notice was this in one of your posts (As Scrimbul, replying to a Bubw log):

"I, for one, welcome our new bearcharge spamming overlords.

What I want to know is what weapons they were wielding to punch through resist like that. Damn."

I saw that and was like 'Dude, you probably know what weapons "they" were wielding...'

Anyways, seemed like an ok char - you weren't in Nexus very long. Hope you play something that brings you a bit less angst with your next char, be it after a break or no. Good luck!

DaevrynTue 26-May-09 12:52 PM
11117 posts
#80412, "RE: I'm just curious about something"
In response to Reply #46

>Why did you post Bubw logs on Dio's and then reply to them as
>Scrimbul, pretending you weren't playing the char?

I wondered about that too.

Those posts were transparent enough that I was instantly sure you were playing Bubw. I can't imagine I'm the only one.

Minyar1 (Guest)Tue 26-May-09 03:03 PM

#80422, "Kinda like a certain lich? :) nt"
In response to Reply #48

nt

Aganthas (Guest)Tue 26-May-09 09:13 PM

#80453, "Funny nobody shafts him on that or even cares."
In response to Reply #53

The fact that he got to play two liches whereas most PC's never see one is beyond me.

ZORSZAUL!

Forsakenz (Guest)Tue 26-May-09 01:58 PM

#80416, "What is this "Dio's"? nt"
In response to Reply #46

nt

ScrimbulTue 26-May-09 04:59 PM
884 posts
#80432, "You fought Bok. This was the same strategy with some tw..."
In response to Reply #46

As for the log thing, I couldn't resist the bad jokes. It's more like the second.

I can honestly say if I had to fight your Fortress dagger spec again it would have ended the same way it always did with this character too. The only minor difference is I *may* have killed you *once* with the same strategy that killed Aganthas. After that, you'd have made better use of the 1-2 commands per battle you'd get.

>Anyways, seemed like an ok char - you weren't in Nexus very long. Hope >you play something that brings you a bit less angst with your next >char, be it after a break or no. Good luck!

Next time I roll a character without the intent to bite off more than I can chew, I'll probably let the other things as a whole about CF get to me less.

hug (Guest)Tue 26-May-09 12:52 PM

#80411, "I don't know what all the hubbub is about."
In response to Reply #1

You killed a total of 26 people, 1 non battle, and 25 battle. You used bearcharge and Opening in Slaughtering Grounds or the Trail (perfectly viable and no problem with that, I would too).

You died 9 times to Battle, all in 80 hours. So you had a win ratio of 2.77:1 against Battle. Your PK Gank-o-Meter was 2.06, and that means you had a little over 2 people on 22 of your 26 kills. Not impressive.

You say that "all it would take is another bearcharge" doesn't cut it. Anything can happen, I have noticed, especially near death, lagging techniques seem to fail a little more.

So from my perspective, you had a little anger issue and made a character to deal with it. 80 hours later, after 84% of your kills were ganks, and getting a grant total of 26 pks (which is one pk every 3 hours). Which is not impressive at all, you delete, and judging by your state when you deleted, deleted naked most likely after being beaten down by imperials. Suddenly you have to hang with those not bound to parity and you get your ass womped.

So from my perspective, you were a throw away character that had minimal impact, who ganked a good amount, didn't even hero, and deleted when ganked down by Empire (judging by your last PK loss entry and that you were completely naked at deletion), and ran from the game before making any real impact.

The one thing all these other characters have over you is that they are toughing through it. Which for me, is a huge difference in the caliber of the character.

So good luck with your rest you are taking, and come back ready for the good and bad times, not just the good times.

Lohik (Guest)Tue 26-May-09 07:45 PM

#80443, "RE: I need a break. Christ."
In response to Reply #1

I actually am sorry to see this. It was a good time having Bubw about, even if for a while getting bearcharged was probably the most frustrating thing that I had to deal with. I never once faulted you for using a tactic that often times sealed the kill. However, I did fault myself for continuing to go out and fight you on 'your turf' so to speak. For the record, if a class has a huge strength and people bitch because a player capitalizing on the strength, it's the bitcher who has the real problem. Not that I didn't do some whining on the cabal channel or even send up a pray once to make sure bearcharge was supposed to be THAT effective. It is what it is, and as evade got better, your bearcharge became less of a threat.

"Lohik started saving berserkers that needed it, but in circumstances that would have gotten his ass taken to the circle not even five years ago, and with Thror back, probably will. Landser was one of these instances very recently."

This is my second character in a very short period of time, after a 2 1/2 year break or so. I am still definitely getting used to some things and find myself struggling a bit more than I used to. Frankly, I find the above statement completely, totally, and unequivocally asinine.

I can't believe that the idea of parity in battle was ever to discourage a defender bard from singing elven adagio (life to the dying) to a cabalmate as they are getting beaten on. I sure as hell better not jump you, or sing any offensive song at you, but I see NOTHING wrong with keeping a fellow cabalmate alive, in fact, I think it's a defender's duty to do so.

It seems like if someone is trying to throw an insult at a battle member, they bring up: 1. deathblow or 2. parity

The rule of parity exists, in my humble opinion, to keep the game in balance. It is meant to prevent three berserkers from standing on the eastern road in a group, and killing every enemy that comes along. It is meant to keep honor and courage part of the cabal. It is not meant to say "Hey, my cabalmate is getting his ass handed to him...I could do something to save him without interfering in combat, but I won't because it's more honorable to let him die."

You mentioned the cabal five years ago, this was during a time that I actively played. I actually had a Battle leader during the Thror era, and I can tell you matter of fact, that parity was much less a concern then, than it is under Woldrun's watch. I remember under one of the leaders, we were told that if anyone attacked our group, we were allowed to all pile on and crush them. That was the rule, we used to do it on a regular basis. I remember another leader who said killing a mage, no matter how many it took to bring him down, is fine. Woldrun is a stark opposite to this. He takes parity, honor, courage (ESPECIALLY ON THE BERSERKER) to a whole new level. To the point that I have actually seen him uninduct members and make an example of them for acting inappropriately. Just last night I was fighting an assassing, getting my ass handed to me while Woldrun watched. I fled out, he didn't even consider jumping the assassin. I have seen him and numerous others do this on a regular basis. Of course, the negative always is what sets the standard, so that's why we hear about parity and deathblow so much. I have played pretty much every class, in every cabal (except nexus), and I can say with a great deal of certainty that ragers burn through con much more quickly than ANY other race/class/cabal combo (assuming that all skill levels are equal). So I'm going to continue to sing healing songs and give cabalmates resist, if that helps them stay alive. If any cabalmate ever gave a specific request, I would honor it.

End rant, good luck with your next!

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #80337 Previous topic | Next topic