Subject: "(DELETED) [NEXUS] Mavent the Grand Sorceress of Transmu..." This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #80279
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 25-May-09 12:56 PM
Member since 03rd Oct 2024
17207 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#80279, "(DELETED) [NEXUS] Mavent the Grand Sorceress of Transmutation"

Mon May 25 12:55:32 2009

At 4 o'clock PM, Day of the Bull, 8th of the Month of the Dragon
on the Theran calendar Mavent perished, never to return.

Race:svirfnebli
Class:transmuter
Level:50
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:NEXUS, Nexus, Seekers of Balance
Hours:60

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Top

Reply My $0.02 on Mavent, Zulghinlour, 25-May-09 09:24 PM, #45
Reply too bad, i am responding, mavent (Guest), 25-May-09 09:37 PM, #47
     Reply I liked Pelrin :), Kikebi (Guest), 25-May-09 09:56 PM, #50
     Reply you got me pregnant!, of course (Guest), 25-May-09 10:08 PM, #52
     Reply Question for you... did you play Depoetsende back in th..., Kikebi (Guest), 25-May-09 10:08 PM, #53
          Reply sorry no, pel (Guest), 25-May-09 10:14 PM, #54
               Reply No prob- just wondering., KIkebi (Guest), 25-May-09 10:18 PM, #55
     Reply You get your wish, a ban, and a locked thread, Zulghinlour, 25-May-09 11:47 PM, #64
Reply RE: (DELETED) [NEXUS] Mavent the Grand Sorceress of Tra..., Mavent (Guest), 25-May-09 06:45 PM, #9
Reply RE: (DELETED) [NEXUS] Mavent the Grand Sorceress of Tra..., Daevryn, 25-May-09 06:44 PM, #12
Reply RE: (DELETED) [NEXUS] Mavent the Grand Sorceress of Tra..., mavent (Guest), 25-May-09 06:49 PM, #14
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [NEXUS] Mavent the Grand Sorceress of Tra..., Daevryn, 25-May-09 06:53 PM, #16
          Reply RE: (DELETED) [NEXUS] Mavent the Grand Sorceress of Tra..., mavent (Guest), 25-May-09 07:11 PM, #17
               Reply Wow, and you're a racist too., Reader (Guest), 25-May-09 08:20 PM, #35
                    Reply you had to post.. why?, mavent (Guest), 25-May-09 08:30 PM, #36
                         Reply RE: you had to post.. why?, Reader (Guest), 25-May-09 11:40 PM, #63
Reply I pretty much do the same thing and pretty much agree, Dervish, 25-May-09 06:44 PM, #13
Reply RE: I pretty much do the same thing and pretty much agr..., incorrect (Guest), 25-May-09 07:23 PM, #21
Reply Man Jutunn/Gosen you just keep getting crazier!, TMNS (Guest), 25-May-09 06:53 PM, #15
Reply RE: Man Jutunn/Gosen you just keep getting crazier!, mavent (Guest), 25-May-09 07:21 PM, #20
     Reply RE: Man Jutunn/Gosen you just keep getting crazier!, Daevryn, 25-May-09 07:45 PM, #29
          Reply RE: Man Jutunn/Gosen you just keep getting crazier!, mavent (Guest), 25-May-09 07:59 PM, #32
               Reply RE: Man Jutunn/Gosen you just keep getting crazier!, Daevryn, 25-May-09 08:41 PM, #38
                    Reply more replies from me, mavent (Guest), 25-May-09 08:46 PM, #39
Reply RE: (DELETED) [NEXUS] Mavent the Grand Sorceress of Tra..., Lightmaged (Guest), 25-May-09 08:40 PM, #37
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [NEXUS] Mavent the Grand Sorceress of Tra..., mavent (Guest), 25-May-09 08:50 PM, #40
     Reply Lots of solutions of all kind were proposed in differen..., Dervish, 25-May-09 09:16 PM, #42
          Reply RE: Lots of solutions of all kind were proposed in diff..., Zulghinlour, 25-May-09 09:19 PM, #43
               Reply in retrospect, mavent (Guest), 25-May-09 09:22 PM, #44
                    Reply I designed the current system..., Zulghinlour, 25-May-09 09:25 PM, #46
                         Reply i agree, mavent (Guest), 25-May-09 09:37 PM, #48
                         Reply Sorry Zulg, Dwoggurd, 25-May-09 09:50 PM, #49
                              Reply RE: Sorry Zulg, mavent (Guest), 25-May-09 10:05 PM, #51
                              Reply It is kind of ironic...., Lightmaged (Guest), 25-May-09 10:35 PM, #58
                                   Reply RE: It is kind of ironic...., Zulghinlour, 25-May-09 10:48 PM, #59
                              Reply RE: Sorry Zulg, Zulghinlour, 25-May-09 10:26 PM, #56
                              Reply Re, Dwoggurd, 25-May-09 10:59 PM, #60
                              Reply RE: Sorry Zulg, mavent (Guest), 25-May-09 11:08 PM, #61
                                   Reply RE: Sorry Zulg, Zulghinlour, 25-May-09 11:25 PM, #62
                              Reply Actually an idea, Dwoggurd, 25-May-09 10:29 PM, #57
Reply Not even a thank you, Someshifter (Guest), 25-May-09 06:30 PM, #8
Reply RE: Not even a thank you, mavent (Guest), 25-May-09 06:37 PM, #10
Reply You were complaining about not being able to find wands..., A Nexun (Guest), 25-May-09 03:11 PM, #4
Reply Searching for wands takes just a few hours. n/t, Dervish, 25-May-09 03:23 PM, #5
Reply He wanted easier wands., Observant (Guest), 25-May-09 03:28 PM, #6
     Reply He's taking a time out now. (n/t), Daevryn, 25-May-09 06:14 PM, #7
     Reply You are a liar, mavent (Guest), 25-May-09 07:15 PM, #18
          Reply RE: You are a liar, Daevryn, 25-May-09 07:20 PM, #19
               Reply RE: You are a liar, mavent (Guest), 25-May-09 07:28 PM, #22
               Reply RE: You are a liar, mavent (Guest), 25-May-09 07:29 PM, #23
                    Reply im waiting, mavent (Guest), 25-May-09 07:41 PM, #27
                         Reply You can e-mail all the Imms at [immname]@carrionfields...., Asy (Guest), 25-May-09 07:45 PM, #30
                         Reply RE: You can e-mail all the Imms at [immname]@carrionfie..., thank you asy (Guest), 25-May-09 08:03 PM, #33
                         Reply RE: im waiting, Daevryn, 25-May-09 07:48 PM, #31
                              Reply RE: im waiting, mavent (Guest), 25-May-09 08:20 PM, #34
                                   Reply FOR DAEVRYN, mavent (Guest), 25-May-09 08:52 PM, #41
Reply please have a clue, thank you, mavent (Guest), 25-May-09 07:36 PM, #24
     Reply RE: please have a clue, thank you, Same Nexun (Guest), 25-May-09 07:39 PM, #25
          Reply RE: please have a clue, thank you, Mavent (Guest), 25-May-09 07:44 PM, #28
Reply This character is 3 days old., Daevryn, 25-May-09 01:37 PM, #1
     Reply RE: This character is 3 days old., _Magus_, 25-May-09 01:51 PM, #2
     Reply Ouch nt, WraithOfLight, 25-May-09 02:02 PM, #3
     Reply RE: This character is 3 days old., mavent (Guest), 25-May-09 06:38 PM, #11
     Reply finally getting to this one, mavent (Guest), 25-May-09 07:40 PM, #26

ZulghinlourMon 25-May-09 09:24 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
9792 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#80332, "My $0.02 on Mavent"
In response to Reply #0

You are purely a power-gamer who wants everything handed to him, or for it to be cake-walk simple to get. You try and speak on behalf of everyone, yet there are many examples of people being successful, finding their wands, and overall being high quality mages that you seem ignorant of.

Don't bother responding, because I won't be. Plain and simple, you are not the type person CF caters to. Perhaps another game is more your style.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

mavent (Guest)Mon 25-May-09 09:37 PM

#80334, "too bad, i am responding"
In response to Reply #45

Yes I am a power gamer, I like fighting in the hero ranks, not level sitting, I want to fight the good people. I will power level my ass off to get there. Its the fastest means.
I want everything handed to me? Nope, I go after everything myself, I am more a solo person, i do worse with others than alone. I think before porenn my last char here was pelrin? A svirfneblin arcane that became meter. Villagers were bitching because I would outdo them in melee, I got a cabal edge etc because when light was overpowering etc, I would solo raid against three people + and be successful, sometimes attack groups of people of more than that.
You are completely and utterly clueless, You have no idea about me or what you are talking about, except for the powergaming aspect. Stop being such a retard and think.
I never argued about people being successful and finding their wands, i am giving a chance for the others. In case you HAVENT noticed, i sincerely doubt you have, i dont have a char on this game anymore, except porenn and I have already placed his deletion thread. Please for god sakes your an imm, dont act like a ####ing douche and come on here with things you have no idea about.
And so rayihn can vouch on what I said and back up her experience with my char, she remembers me. My char got impregnated in her shrine. Its not a thing someone forgets easily.
Now grow the #### up, you wanna post something like this, you had better be here to back up what the #### you say, or dont bother sayin it

Kikebi (Guest)Mon 25-May-09 09:56 PM

#80338, "I liked Pelrin :)"
In response to Reply #47

Maybe I was the only one. Definitely power gamery, but you know your ####.

of course (Guest)Mon 25-May-09 10:08 PM

#80340, "you got me pregnant!"
In response to Reply #50

you HAD to like me
yes. its easy to be sitting at level 36 or near it like some people do full of wands and most powers etc. Its another thing to be standing toe to toe against alot of heroes, especially as nexus being against the powers. Thats where its fun for me. I always have and always will power my way up there.
except for warriors, always get all weapons to 100 before powering my way up there

Kikebi (Guest)Mon 25-May-09 10:08 PM

#80341, "Question for you... did you play Depoetsende back in th..."
In response to Reply #50

The exploration of one area you were leading me through was similar to a log I had with that guy WAY back when...

pel (Guest)Mon 25-May-09 10:14 PM

#80342, "sorry no"
In response to Reply #53

that area I had explored completely and made the final thing on my own, but had forgotten over time, and never had taken another person with me beforehand until you. I use it for exploration exp only anymore, and there is an item in there easy to get for scions imo, that is a good despoil item

KIkebi (Guest)Mon 25-May-09 10:18 PM

#80343, "No prob- just wondering."
In response to Reply #54

I knew the area pretty decently myself, but let you give me the "show and tell" since IC I never went there before...

Speaking of the Explore Xp, I really should take my current char there and get me some edge points.

ZulghinlourMon 25-May-09 11:47 PM
9792 posts
#80353, "You get your wish, a ban, and a locked thread"
In response to Reply #47

>Yes I am a power gamer, I like fighting in the hero ranks,
>not level sitting, I want to fight the good people. I will
>power level my ass off to get there. Its the fastest means.

Zulg: 1

>I want everything handed to me? Nope, I go after everything
>myself, I am more a solo person, i do worse with others than
>alone. I think before porenn my last char here was pelrin? A
>svirfneblin arcane that became meter. Villagers were bitching
>because I would outdo them in melee, I got a cabal edge etc
>because when light was overpowering etc, I would solo raid
>against three people + and be successful, sometimes attack
>groups of people of more than that.

I'm sure you were loaded up on A/B/S and never went into a fight without any of them, and would take few if any risks.

>You are completely and utterly clueless, You have no idea
>about me or what you are talking about, except for the
>powergaming aspect.

What a vague statement...except for the point where I'm right.

>Stop being such a retard and think.
>I never argued about people being successful and finding their
>wands, i am giving a chance for the others.

You're giving a chance for others? No. You just want yours here, now, and easily. If someone else happens to get something out of it, it's not you leading the compassionate charge. You want what you want, period.

>In case you HAVENT
>noticed, i sincerely doubt you have, i dont have a char on
>this game anymore, except porenn and I have already placed his
>deletion thread.

You're right you don't.

>Please for god sakes your an imm, dont act
>like a ####ing douche and come on here with things you have no
>idea about.

Pot...Kettle...

>And so rayihn can vouch on what I said and back up her
>experience with my char, she remembers me. My char got
>impregnated in her shrine. Its not a thing someone forgets
>easily.

So you made a good roleplay character. Doesn't change anything I've said up to this point.

>Now grow the #### up, you wanna post something like this, you
>had better be here to back up what the #### you say, or dont
>bother sayin it

Post something like what? That you are a powergamer that CF doesn't cater to? So far I'm right. Your words below = powergamer

shrug, and I did just that, to level him up. If I could find the wands within the first 10 hours or so of looking, then the char would be playable to me, if not, then wouldnt, would delete, remake, and start over.

Funny that you ask me to grow the #### up with your stellar showing.
Your words below = Unable to follow the rules of CF. This is exactly why I said CF doesn't cater to you and maybe you should find a game more your style.

I did though write as i saw it in my role, no rp whatsoever from this char unless he was keepable at level 36. No desc either unless he was playable. Anyone object? Your not the one playing the char. If your an imm and object, im sorry, but I have given a very good reason for you to be aware of, and given it to one creature out there in thera. It is up to you to find it.

Mavent (Guest)Mon 25-May-09 06:34 PM

#80292, "RE: (DELETED) [NEXUS] Mavent the Grand Sorceress of Tra..."
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Mon 25-May-09 06:45 PM

In response to things below, I am still on vacation until the end of this week, sunday night. I can play insane hours, and five days that char existed, just most of those hours in the first three days.
I think I hit 10 hours when I was level 30?

shrug, and I did just that, to level him up. If I could find the wands within the first 10 hours or so of looking, then the char would be playable to me, if not, then wouldnt, would delete, remake, and start over.
But here is the thing I will say on this, especially to you Daevryn. A transmuter to stand against villagers etc needs to be very tough, he needs wands. To fight against numbers he needs them, etc. They are a requirement, if I cannot find them I am going to delete and remake.
Mavent was already a char made with a role and purpose deleted, do you honestly think I will sit here over and over again make a role and desc to find if a char is playable to me?
Not in the least. I am more than honest, period in that reguards, much more than an imm has been except for maybe, maybe zulginlour in all this.
As for complaining, nope. I didnt complain with shael. I did though write as i saw it in my role, no rp whatsoever from this char unless he was keepable at level 36. No desc either unless he was playable.
Anyone object? Your not the one playing the char. If your an imm and object, im sorry, but I have given a very good reason for you to be aware of, and given it to one creature out there in thera. It is up to you to find it.

Didderop, stop being stupid. I can lead the first five circles of hell blindfolded except for the fighting part, and likely lead deeper still, having played longer than most people here spending hours upon hours killing different mobs is not "playing the game". Exploration is not a part of gathering wands. A creature could or couldnt be a wand holder is a very, very vague thing.

P.S. Daevryn, it was you that once said if something isnt worth playing, then dont play it in a post you made on another deletion thread. Pay attention to it.

DaevrynMon 25-May-09 06:44 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#80295, "RE: (DELETED) [NEXUS] Mavent the Grand Sorceress of Tra..."
In response to Reply #9

>As for complaining, nope. I didnt complain with shael. I did
>though write as i saw it in my role, no rp whatsoever from
>this char unless he was keepable at level 36. No desc either
>unless he was playable.
>Anyone object? Your not the one playing the char. If your an
>imm and object, im sorry, but I have given a very good reason
>for you to be aware of, and given it to one creature out there
>in thera. It is up to you to find it.

This is a roleplaying game. If you're not interested in that, what happens is not that I try to convince you that I'm right. What happens is that I deny and ban you.

If you don't like it, I really don't care.

mavent (Guest)Mon 25-May-09 06:49 PM

#80299, "RE: (DELETED) [NEXUS] Mavent the Grand Sorceress of Tra..."
In response to Reply #12

This is a roleplaying game. If you're not interested in that, what happens is not that I try to convince you that I'm right. What happens is that I deny and ban you

This is a game. You want it played as you will it to be, it should at least be playable. Have you found that one mob out there yet with the reasoning behind what I did? Imms do not give hints or edges that will give a clue even to wand locations. How about this, I will give you a hint.

It can be killed by a level 1 person.

DaevrynMon 25-May-09 06:53 PM
11117 posts
#80302, "RE: (DELETED) [NEXUS] Mavent the Grand Sorceress of Tra..."
In response to Reply #14

>Have you found that one mob out
>there yet with the reasoning behind what I did? Imms do not
>give hints or edges that will give a clue even to wand
>locations. How about this, I will give you a hint.
>
>It can be killed by a level 1 person.

I haven't looked and I'm not interested in looking. If you have something to say, send me an e-mail or just spit it out.

mavent (Guest)Mon 25-May-09 07:11 PM

#80304, "RE: (DELETED) [NEXUS] Mavent the Grand Sorceress of Tra..."
In response to Reply #16

The correct answer was the rabid fleshy creature.
no wand for jew

As for the answer than this. A person that creates a character here wants to play the character, they want to play the game. It is an unfortunate side affect that they have to spend sometimes a few hours, or in mavents case, about 30 hours trying to find wands.
to no success.
There is no fun or enjoyment in the game, none whatsoever, during this time. It is a frustrating process dependant on forms you have / class. Take the bejewelled egg, a normal barrier item. My char cannot gain it, though I can kill a mob at level 50 solo that gives 800 experience for solo.
Considering that wands are mandatory to be a successful mage, how it is now is redundant.
Aganthas was complaining that most mages run away all the time. True. Only one mage, cabnil, knows where her barrier wand is. One mage in all the mages of nexus -that I have seen-.
Cabnil is also an older player, and sorry cabbie, ya dont play one too well, but cabbies wand set came likely before the changes.
I ended up praying to see if they were bugged, because myself, every other mage in nexus, and most others besides did not know where their black was, that was the reasson behind praying to see if they were bugged and zulgy answered. Thank you zulghy btw for answerin.
Mavent I put alot of thought into the character, and to his progression, was unrewarded as far as wands were concerned, and it was hard already with interraction being emotionless though my frustration showed clearly, sorry to everyone.
But you daevryn, wanna act high and mighty judging me in all this, when I make a character without care to level up, to see if its even worth playing?
Here is something for you. You dont bother having a wand system that even makes something for sense, wont even make an even expensive edge for it as a reward for exploration for a hint of your wand location? And you want ME to make the trouble of role / desc etc et all just to see if a character is playable on this game?
No. You even changed how wand location works over the time I was gone, why?
did too many people know where the wand sets were? Isnt that what they wanna do, so they can play this game? Are you listening to this Daevryn? I honestly hope so, considering how necessary they are.
I went with mavent to get potions from the same place I did four and five years ago, ya never changed them did ya. It is not a thing of exploration, fun, or anything else. Why in gods name did you change something that already wasnt that good to begin with, to being worse?

Reader (Guest)Mon 25-May-09 08:20 PM

#80322, "Wow, and you're a racist too."
In response to Reply #17

Really, go away.

mavent (Guest)Mon 25-May-09 08:30 PM

#80323, "you had to post.. why?"
In response to Reply #35

other than to show your simplicy, why?

Reader (Guest)Mon 25-May-09 11:40 PM

#80352, "RE: you had to post.. why?"
In response to Reply #36

Uh, because you're a piece of #### racist idiot? Who writes words like "simplicy"? That's why, assclown.

DervishMon 25-May-09 06:44 PM
Member since 11th Oct 2003
617 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via ICQ
#80296, "I pretty much do the same thing and pretty much agree"
In response to Reply #9

but noone forces you to write role and/or join cabal before you find your wands. So you can have your role on your table until you roll suitable char with suitable wands

incorrect (Guest)Mon 25-May-09 07:23 PM

#80308, "RE: I pretty much do the same thing and pretty much agr..."
In response to Reply #13

apparently with or without a role, you must have at least a desc. I was sitebanned because I wrote in my desc basically I will write one if the char is worth playing
And normally, like mavent, if I make a char, its because I have an idea for them, like I had with porenn, then found out even the feline speaking edge is broken. I honestly expected it to be cause its on cf, but for ####s sake I hate not being dissapointed.
Shael was the first char I made with no purpose unless I found wands.

TMNS (Guest)Mon 25-May-09 06:53 PM

#80301, "Man Jutunn/Gosen you just keep getting crazier!"
In response to Reply #9

And pulling 20 hr days again! The horror!

mavent (Guest)Mon 25-May-09 07:21 PM

#80307, "RE: Man Jutunn/Gosen you just keep getting crazier!"
In response to Reply #15

nope. wasnt jutunn or gosen.
As a matter of fact before porenn its been over a year since I was on this game, and left back then largely because I was able to play mostly at night.
some nights it got down to less than 5 people, a far cry to what cf was in its glory days.
cant say much bad, the pbase DID warn the imms, they didnt listen when they made the changes they did anyway.
will likely be gone from cf for a while still, likely for at least a few months when people know where the wand sets are again, a mage will be playable.
villagers have a ####-ton of people and will have more with thror back now.
p.s. welcome back thror, missed ya and your warrior only quests. Was thinkin about makin a warrior non villager just to beat on all the village warriors, just for you and to be part of your quests.
anyway end of this one

DaevrynMon 25-May-09 07:45 PM
11117 posts
#80316, "RE: Man Jutunn/Gosen you just keep getting crazier!"
In response to Reply #20

Uh... player counts lately have been topping out around 75-80. You have to go back probably a dozen years to get counts above that.

More players is always good, but we're doing fine, thanks.

mavent (Guest)Mon 25-May-09 07:59 PM

#80319, "RE: Man Jutunn/Gosen you just keep getting crazier!"
In response to Reply #29

i can remember there being days with over 120, and no, not back at 1996. During those times though at night there would be more people on than during the daytime here.
even a year ago it was a sad state of affairs when at nighttime being less than five was ungodly horrid.
the bonus to xp has seemed to help that some with people on. The pbase does seem a bit better too. God though I have never had enough char that had to turn off rescues so my own groupmates wouldnt kill me from rescuing me
Everyone knows you were istendil, you remember how it was then. That was not a dozen years ago, what was it 1999? when raids were ####ing huge, i ermember me you and one other fending off like seven warders from taking our item. wuv drow whip/sword spec.
Those were the golden days, I know because I was here during it.
Ive had two successful hell trips, neither I led but were part of, one of them you led the other was gurgthok? sp. Those were the days. My exploration I have most of the mud memorized because it was needed back then.
Even now as you say you are doing fine, I can have hours without going near anyone and it makes me miss the good old days, so dont tell me your doing fine.
Your only doing ok, I remember what it was like.
But through all the years I have done all the exploration I need. #### I remember two years ago to prove a point i had to make a char to go get a potion of anti magic aura (shell? forget now) just to turn it into the imms because they said it didnt exist anymore, and its STILL right there in the octagonal tower, and still does nothing. bleh.
yes rambling, but I cant play, so ya get what I give ya

DaevrynMon 25-May-09 08:41 PM
11117 posts
#80325, "RE: Man Jutunn/Gosen you just keep getting crazier!"
In response to Reply #32

>i can remember there being days with over 120, and no, not
>back at 1996. During those times though at night there would
>be more people on than during the daytime here.

It'd have to be earlier. I started playing in January 1995 and I've had a version of who/count that sees everyone since not long after, and... not that high.

>even a year ago it was a sad state of affairs when at
>nighttime being less than five was ungodly horrid.
>the bonus to xp has seemed to help that some with people on.
>The pbase does seem a bit better too. God though I have never
>had enough char that had to turn off rescues so my own
>groupmates wouldnt kill me from rescuing me
>Everyone knows you were istendil, you remember how it was
>then. That was not a dozen years ago, what was it 1999? when
>raids were ####ing huge, i ermember me you and one other
>fending off like seven warders from taking our item. wuv drow
>whip/sword spec.

2 on 7? Sure, I've seen raids that big this week.

mavent (Guest)Mon 25-May-09 08:46 PM

#80326, "more replies from me"
In response to Reply #38

i havent seen a cabal get raided with 7 people sitting at their inner guardian, from what, four raiders?
Since I keep bringing up istendil from back in the day, the time he died with all that hell gear, and said, This is a lesson why not to raid wearing untested hell gear.
he ended up having to write a note to the cabal saying, basically, this is not the end of the world. Yes I have died, it is not the first, it will not be the last, it is only a death, or some such like that. I remember reading it and laughing my monkey ass off.

Lightmaged (Guest)Mon 25-May-09 08:40 PM

#80324, "RE: (DELETED) [NEXUS] Mavent the Grand Sorceress of Tra..."
In response to Reply #9

It does suck to have to waste a good chunk of time to finding your set. I would like to see the game focus more on the actual game, roleplaying, and cabal wars...than searching. It is kind of like work though, you gotten put in the time to get the rewards.

There are tons of non-sleek sources though that should be able to get you by. I play some weak-ass explorer type chars (Water/Air shifters for example, and I usually just dont bother even looking for sleeks with that combo. (And that was back when sets were around.)

You should propose a better solution to the wand situation. I like the edge idea. Or maybe some subtle hints from the archmage if you bring him some powerful artifacts in trade.

ie) Barrier rod from Brass Dragon: A great metallic reptilian beast is rumored to study the mana weave of protective magic. Rumors saw this creature searching for a lair near the sand of sorrow....

Kind of spoonfeeding with that example...but I am sure someone of Nepenthes creativity could do better.

Probably a lot of work for people that are volunteering....

Nepenthe: Is there any merit to having the spells be taught as quests or many kick in when you reach a certain age? Venerable ancient archmages should be able to whisper a word of magic, and whomp barrier surrounds them. Would make things interesting for longevity in the mage players.

mavent (Guest)Mon 25-May-09 08:50 PM

#80327, "RE: (DELETED) [NEXUS] Mavent the Grand Sorceress of Tra..."
In response to Reply #37

the edge idea wasnt mine, it was asked about before and commented on, i remember that much but it was a while ago, and never done. As far as non sleek sources, the maple, egg, lead, and ball are the only ones I know of. I wont say their locations, but if more exist, they were never there that I know of when I had looked or killed un-said mobs
at least for barrier.
I happen to know quite a few shield and aura locations, though much more for aura, it is barrier I need more than anything else and lack.
But just like I deleted mavent, if I cant play the game with a character, I wont play the game. On the flipside if I make a mage again, there will be no purpose to it unless I actually have wands, so I can play the game.

DervishMon 25-May-09 09:16 PM
617 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via ICQ
#80329, "Lots of solutions of all kind were proposed in differen..."
In response to Reply #37

None of them got commented by IMMs as I remember.

ZulghinlourMon 25-May-09 09:19 PM
9792 posts
#80330, "RE: Lots of solutions of all kind were proposed in diff..."
In response to Reply #42

>None of them got commented by IMMs as I remember.

None of them were worth commenting on. I've read most all of them. If you really want, I'll go make a new post, asking for advice and responding to every post, but I'm not holding my breath on a new and improved solution.

mavent (Guest)Mon 25-May-09 09:22 PM

#80331, "in retrospect"
In response to Reply #43

because of no comments, we have not heard your views either.

ZulghinlourMon 25-May-09 09:25 PM
9792 posts
#80333, "I designed the current system..."
In response to Reply #44

Not much more to say than that.

mavent (Guest)Mon 25-May-09 09:37 PM

#80335, "i agree"
In response to Reply #46

no text

DwoggurdMon 25-May-09 09:50 PM
Member since 20th Jan 2004
668 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#80336, "Sorry Zulg"
In response to Reply #46

Nothing personal, but now we have to kill you

While Mavent is a crazy dude, he actually has a point. (I refuse to say that "he is absolutely right", though I should).

Asking players to design a char, write a role, RP, etc, only to find at 30+ that they don't have their sleeks is absolutely evil and can take any motivation from doing something like that again.
Many people roll/rank just to check their wands and play only when they are satisfied. While they can be frowned upon for lack of RP/whatever, more productive way is to actually analyze why they do that. We all know the answer.
Easter egg quests are not real fun. Moreover, you can't really re-explore the whole thera with your 30+ mage. Hell, even if you know your barrier location it is often impossible for some mages to get it until hero ranks or ever. Image if on top of that you don't know the location too.

The whole system reminds me random shifter forms.
People delete when they get "bad" forms. People delete when they didn't find sleeks. I see two possibilies here:
- players are cheap ####s and idiots. the system is ok
- the system is broken and forces players to do that.
After all, what is fun in playing a wandless mage for many hours, rank to hero and probably find your sleeks in 200-300 hours, or probably don't find them ever. Most players are mature enough to waste their time like that.
The challenge could be fun for the first time you do that. But if you have gone through that several times, you don't really enjoy it anymore. You want to move further, try things you never tried before, etc. And you don't want to spend another hundreds of hours with each new mage you play just looking for wands and avoiding any semi-decent players in PK.

And no, I don't have immediate solution to this. I admit it.
However, I would probably leave it as it was some time ago. "well-known" sets or probably even better: remove personal sets and increase limits for common wand locations.
After all, even if you know your wand locations and those wands are in, there is still some amount of efforts you have to put in gathering them as a balancing factor.

mavent (Guest)Mon 25-May-09 10:05 PM

#80339, "RE: Sorry Zulg"
In response to Reply #49

where is all this crazy stuff commin in. I do got problems in rl, that leaves me a few short of a six pack i admit it, ok sheesh everyone cut me some slack
Yes I am crazy, but the point stands as I have written it, I have always been as honest as I can with any char and on any post. I am blunt, and forever will be.
I do doubt though, zulghinlour will show his face again. Hes always been uppity and full of himself, so dont know if this post of yours will even be read, sorry on that one. What you wrote is very true though.
I sure as hell lost my motivation to play mavent, or even try to develop a story, history, or desc for my next char shael without even knowin if it was playable to me or not. heh

Lightmaged (Guest)Mon 25-May-09 10:35 PM

#80346, "It is kind of ironic...."
In response to Reply #51

But the most fun I has playing this game was way back when there were 3 locations for the wands.... period. You would do some gathering, and grab a few pieces of gear and be battling Villagers.

Then I went through a phase where I spent 4 out of every 6 gathering and regathering, hoarding, and basically being obsessed with preps. I can't seem to find a happy medium when playing mages.

I also loved perfecting all my skills before rank 11.

Only thing that bugs me now is that Imms can see wand locations, shifter final forms, etc....for other players. I pretended it was not so for a while. Destims PBF kinda created a bad memory of some stuff that bugged me about this game. (Relating to an incident last year)

Imm mortals should have to do the easter egg hunt as well. Running right to the prize annoys me.

ZulghinlourMon 25-May-09 10:48 PM
9792 posts
#80347, "RE: It is kind of ironic...."
In response to Reply #58

>Only thing that bugs me now is that Imms can see wand
>locations, shifter final forms, etc....for other players. I
>pretended it was not so for a while. Destims PBF kinda
>created a bad memory of some stuff that bugged me about this
>game. (Relating to an incident last year)

I'm curious what's wrong with seeing shifter final forms for other players?

>Imm mortals should have to do the easter egg hunt as well.
>Running right to the prize annoys me.

There are very few Imms that can actually see the wand locations, and we do play the easter egg hunt. As a matter of fact, I'm still trying to find my barrier location for my current character (and my shield and aura were told to me by another mage when we exchanged a few locations).

ZulghinlourMon 25-May-09 10:26 PM
9792 posts
#80344, "RE: Sorry Zulg"
In response to Reply #49

>Nothing personal, but now we have to kill you

Get in line...

>Asking players to design a char, write a role, RP, etc, only
>to find at 30+ that they don't have their sleeks is absolutely
>evil and can take any motivation from doing something like
>that again.

Explain "to find at 30+ that they don't have their sleeks". Everyone has sleeks set at player creation. I assume you mean, they don't know exactly where they are at 30+.

>Many people roll/rank just to check their wands and play only
>when they are satisfied. While they can be frowned upon for
>lack of RP/whatever, more productive way is to actually
>analyze why they do that. We all know the answer.

So is it that there are ####ty locations, or that you just can't find them? Those are two entirely seperate problems.

>Easter egg quests are not real fun. Moreover, you can't really
>re-explore the whole thera with your 30+ mage. Hell, even if
>you know your barrier location it is often impossible for some
>mages to get it until hero ranks or ever. Image if on top of
>that you don't know the location too.

Yeah, there are definitely some of those, and that's why there are all the other non-sleek locations in the game.

>The whole system reminds me random shifter forms.
>People delete when they get "bad" forms.

I think I addressed the "bad" form pretty well with the shifter revamp, and for those who utterly abohr their form have another option. Oddly enough with A/B/S, that already exists (many non-sleek locations in the game).

>People delete when
>they didn't find sleeks. I see two possibilies here:
>- players are cheap ####s and idiots. the system is ok
>- the system is broken and forces players to do that.

I think we've done things to improve the system (detect artifact), and there is, and will always be, people who really want to just have A/B/S 99% of the time, and if they can't accomplish that, it's obviously the sytems fault.

>After all, what is fun in playing a wandless mage for many
>hours, rank to hero and probably find your sleeks in 200-300
>hours, or probably don't find them ever. Most players are
>mature enough to waste their time like that.

So go find non-sleek locations. Go kill other mages and take their sleeks. Take a risk every now and then, instead of only fighting with A/B/S/Prot/StoneSkin/etc.

>The challenge could be fun for the first time you do that. But
>if you have gone through that several times, you don't really
>enjoy it anymore. You want to move further, try things you
>never tried before, etc. And you don't want to spend another
>hundreds of hours with each new mage you play just looking for
>wands and avoiding any semi-decent players in PK.

I don't see how having A/B/S is a precursor to moving further and trying things you've never tried before.

>And no, I don't have immediate solution to this. I admit it.
>However, I would probably leave it as it was some time ago.
>"well-known" sets or probably even better: remove personal
>sets and increase limits for common wand locations.
>After all, even if you know your wand locations and those
>wands are in, there is still some amount of efforts you have
>to put in gathering them as a balancing factor.

You never answered my question about having a seperate post on new solutions.

DwoggurdMon 25-May-09 10:59 PM
668 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#80348, "Re"
In response to Reply #56

>Explain "to find at 30+ that they don't have their sleeks".
>Everyone has sleeks set at player creation. I assume you
>mean, they don't know exactly where they are at 30+.

Yes. And at those ranks their abilities to explore are very limited.

>>Many people roll/rank just to check their wands and play
>only
>>when they are satisfied. While they can be frowned upon for
>>lack of RP/whatever, more productive way is to actually
>>analyze why they do that. We all know the answer.
>
>So is it that there are ####ty locations, or that you just
>can't find them? Those are two entirely seperate problems.

Can't find or know the location but can't really use it with their class build.

>Yeah, there are definitely some of those, and that's why there
>are all the other non-sleek locations in the game.

Which are usually maxed and rarely available at middle ranks.
I'm not a newbie but I don't know many non-sleek barriers available before 40+. Well I know probably one or two and both are always maxed (and hard to get until hero range ranks).

>I think I addressed the "bad" form pretty well with the
>shifter revamp, and for those who utterly abohr their form
>have another option. Oddly enough with A/B/S, that already
>exists (many non-sleek locations in the game).

While I personally would prefer to have no random forms at all (because I like to build my char, to put efforts and construct something instead of gambling) I agree with your point that we may have one random gamble-class for diversity.
However, the fact itself that you addressed "bad" forms issue (and I applaud that) with the shifter revamp tells us that the problem actually existed not only in ####-player-heads.

>I think we've done things to improve the system (detect
>artifact), and there is, and will always be, people who really
>want to just have A/B/S 99% of the time, and if they can't
>accomplish that, it's obviously the sytems fault.

Detect artifact is good help, but it is not available until hero.
If a mage didn't find his sleeks he basically needs to rank straight to hero, which will not fit well in Nepenthe's "the game should be played at all levels".
Another problem with detect artifact: you still have to solve easter egg walk through all areas. And for areas like Arangird, drow city or silent tower it is not really that easy. Considering the amount of tough areas even if you have detect artifact you still can spend hundreds hours looking for your sleeks and what is even worse, if somebody took a sleek from the same location and you happened to walk over it a minute later, you may never know you've missed your chance.
Still, I think "detect artifact" is good, but I would move it to 30 level or so.

>So go find non-sleek locations. Go kill other mages and take
>their sleeks. Take a risk every now and then, instead of only
>fighting with A/B/S/Prot/StoneSkin/etc.

Non-sleek locations are hard to manage. Often maxed.
It would actually less a problem if the ground would be even for everybody.
But if you are a joe blow who is 100+ hours old and still are looking for your wands and your opponent is a guy called something like "Carthrough" or "Cabgtrue" walking with full abs set since 35 level, your chances to take his wands are lower than his chances to get your eq.

>I don't see how having A/B/S is a precursor to moving further
>and trying things you've never tried before.

A random example: a guy wants to explore Hell.
with his first char he spents 300 hours ranking to hero, learning the mud and descending to the first level of Hell.
Now he rolls a second char and his wish is actually to go deeper below 5th circle. He has to spent another 200 hours for things he already did in the past. It is required by the game, but for him it's a repetative tedious process. He's obligated to go through it but he doesn't really enjoy it. His enjoyment starts after that necessary part is done.
It is common thing for many similar human activities. People often like to do someting new and not repeat things they already done in the past. It's like career. Not many wish to start each new job from the same "intern" position.

mavent (Guest)Mon 25-May-09 11:08 PM

#80349, "RE: Sorry Zulg"
In response to Reply #56

I read your post and wondered if you even play here anymore man.
Can you sit here and tell me that any mage creates with the thought of nah, screw it, no abs for me!
Listen to this response of yours:

I think we've done things to improve the system (detect artifact), and there is, and will always be, people who really want to just have A/B/S 99% of the time, and if they can't accomplish that, it's obviously the sytems fault.

not 99% of the time, try 100% of the time. Noone wants to be without the protections, because that is how you are garaunteed to die. I dont play to lose, do you? I remember your mort as Zulghinlour. Even with a/b/s you were getting your ass handed to you right and left. I know. I was there. Are you kiddin me when you say take a chance, kill someone with sleeks while your unprotected completely. To make it easier you gave detect artifact.
So at level 51, and no less than level 51, you dont HAVE to kill some mobs that MIGHT have your wands. Take teth azaleth in example. take veran. enough said? Yeah there are other areas where simply walking through might be of aid, but this causes people to do just as I did with mavent and power level up.
A thing you preach to despise, being against power gaming. I will say though imo, that even with level sitting you were still horribly bad at it.

As for the many non sleek locations in the game in honesty I only know four. If more exists then whenever I killed the mobs with them they didnt have them.
Of the four I know there is 1 egg, 1 lead, 2 maple, and 2 balls that I am aware of in total.
there are roughly 50 mages.
Rubbons used to exist but was removed at one point. 50 mages.
the math doesnt exactly add up.

Take it into this context you are still ignoring. Mages want to play the game, they want to be part of cabal wars, not sit on the sidelines being useless until the day after an ungodly amount of hours that they can finally play. You are ignoring that factor, and from how it sounds you dont care. You made a system that is absolute crap, people have told you, but because your an uppity prick that this is YOUR system, it is correct. I have my faults, I dont know where every single possible location is in this game, and killing every single mob in the game with each mage character I have isnt something worth doing on this game. Period.
What does it tell you when 95% of the mages of a single cabal do not have their barrier item? And every single one has spent alot of hours looking specifically just for it? Is something right with your system in this?
Is your system correct?
All any char that has ever asked for, is a single hint. One hint, even if given by an edge or for bartering with the archmage of magic or something thats all they are asking for, so they can play this game. A game that isnt your own mind you, that you are working on supposedly to make it better for all and even playing grounds.
You act like its fine. Players are talking. Can you listen?
As far as a seperate thread sure. This deletion thread has become a spam war, and I ####ing dare you to respond to your 2 cent post above where it seems like you havent even gotten that much sense. I ####ing dare you.

ZulghinlourMon 25-May-09 11:25 PM
9792 posts
#80351, "RE: Sorry Zulg"
In response to Reply #61

>I read your post and wondered if you even play here anymore
>man.

Sure do, and you don't.

>Can you sit here and tell me that any mage creates with the
>thought of nah, screw it, no abs for me!

Show me where I said that?

>Listen to this response of yours:
>
>I think we've done things to improve the system (detect
>artifact), and there is, and will always be, people who really
>want to just have A/B/S 99% of the time, and if they can't
>accomplish that, it's obviously the sytems fault.
>
>not 99% of the time, try 100% of the time.

Thanks for proving my point. If we wanted everyone to have it 100% of the time, we'd just give it out as one of the spells you learn.

>So at level 51, and no less than level 51, you dont HAVE to
>kill some mobs that MIGHT have your wands.

You'd know just by walking into the room if the mob had your wands. You don't have to fight anything. Your statements make we wonder if you've ever even had detect artifact.

>A thing you preach to despise, being against power gaming. I
>will say though imo, that even with level sitting you were
>still horribly bad at it.

I don't even know what this means.

>As for the many non sleek locations in the game in honesty I
>only know four. If more exists then whenever I killed the mobs
>with them they didnt have them.

Looking them over right now.
~30 aura, 12 maxxed
~25 shield, 9 maxxed
~12 barrier, 6 maxxed

>50 mages. the math doesnt exactly add up.

Seems to be a personal problem, lots of people are finding them and using them.

>Take it into this context you are still ignoring. Mages want
>to play the game, they want to be part of cabal wars, not sit
>on the sidelines being useless until the day after an ungodly
>amount of hours that they can finally play. You are ignoring
>that factor, and from how it sounds you dont care.

I'm not ignoring that factor, I'm saying that you don't need it all to play, you don't need it all to be involved in the cabalwars. You obviously need it all to even think about engaging.

>You made a
>system that is absolute crap, people have told you, but
>because your an uppity prick that this is YOUR system, it is
>correct.

So offer a better one.

>All any char that has ever asked for, is a single hint.

Go get and use detect artifact.

DwoggurdMon 25-May-09 10:29 PM
668 posts
#80345, "Actually an idea"
In response to Reply #49

While I believe the best solution will be somewhat completely different that the current system (because Iwe all see flaws that are really hard to fix), there are probably some tweaks that can be applied quicky:

1) edge to add another location for shield/aura/barrier. This can help to mages that can't find their locations or one of their location is really tough for a specific class.

2) Have a mob that gives lich-quest-like hints.
Let us say with requirements like: 35 level for aura/shield, 40 level for barrier. Some exploration/observation exp.
You come to this dude and say something like: I suck, I'm screwed. And he gives you a vague description of your sleek locations.

Someshifter (Guest)Mon 25-May-09 06:30 PM

#80291, "Not even a thank you"
In response to Reply #0

I told you about 10 or more wand locations, and you bitch about the wand not being there, and log off.
The next day you log in and tell me "I want my wands." and being the pushover that I am, I tell you a few more locations.
A "Thanks" wouldn't have killed you.
Do us all a favor and stop playing mages.

mavent (Guest)Mon 25-May-09 06:37 PM

#80293, "RE: Not even a thank you"
In response to Reply #8

mavent was an emotionless construct. giving thanks wasnt a part of him, he was cold hearted from lack of it. sorry about that man, and I know which one ya are, but thank ya nonetheless
but for all to know, he was a construct much like the golems in the consortium, though of desperation and need, made of a vessel with a soul, the svirfneblin

I also dont usually play mages unless I can find the wand quickly, before this char I only new about 8 set locations, at least for the barrier part. Before if I didnt find it, I would just delete and remake but all usually role-less and desc the same as the one before.
Mavent though I didnt wanna delete, I had LIKED the role and wanted to do something with it.
Unfortunately the wands were not in it for me, and sitting back being nothing but support? not for me.

A Nexun (Guest)Mon 25-May-09 03:11 PM

#80285, "You were complaining about not being able to find wands..."
In response to Reply #0

.. not all of which was post level 30? Wow.

Sleep more.

DervishMon 25-May-09 03:23 PM
617 posts
#80286, "Searching for wands takes just a few hours. n/t"
In response to Reply #4

nt

Observant (Guest)Mon 25-May-09 03:28 PM

#80287, "He wanted easier wands."
In response to Reply #5

He rolled up a clone and is bitching about not having easy wands already.

He strait up told me. It was rather lame.

DaevrynMon 25-May-09 06:14 PM
11117 posts
#80290, "He's taking a time out now. (n/t)"
In response to Reply #6

mavent (Guest)Mon 25-May-09 07:15 PM

#80305, "You are a liar"
In response to Reply #6

I killed even some of the toughest mobs solo to try to find my wands. I exhausted all the locations I knew, and teh locations everyone else was telling me. I wanted easier wands? ####ing retard, I wanted wands period. end of story.
Also with shael I never even mentioned wands, though I did put my desc as what I did. I was gonna spend not a moment more on a desc than I did, and wont.

DaevrynMon 25-May-09 07:20 PM
11117 posts
#80306, "RE: You are a liar"
In response to Reply #18

>Also with shael I never even mentioned wands, though I did put
>my desc as what I did. I was gonna spend not a moment more on
>a desc than I did, and wont.

It takes you a lot longer to level up a character than it takes me to type deny. Just something to think about.

If you went through the area list and tried to pick the let's say 3 areas most likely to have mages and wands, and actually searched those areas, I guarantee you would have found Mavent's barrier. Shael's also, ironically enough. That you didn't mount even that much of a search on the world tells me you're more looking for a reason to complain.

Also: your posting is only semi-coherent at the moment. Almost like you'd expect from someone who was mudding 20 hours a day instead of sleeping. I'm completely serious about that. Something else to think about.

mavent (Guest)Mon 25-May-09 07:28 PM

#80309, "RE: You are a liar"
In response to Reply #19

yes, you are correct, it takes one command for you to type deny, its much easier for you to do that as well, than to make a wand system or even an edge for the current system to make it more viable. You would also have alot less people like aganthas complaining that mages wont even bother to fight if you would though.

As for the area list, so I dont post a very long post here in reguards to the wand locations I visited, I will email it to you, to show you how rediculous it really was.
Semi coherent, I dont eat well, am anerexic, and on vacation. Im allowed
and english is my third language, so there.

mavent (Guest)Mon 25-May-09 07:29 PM

#80310, "RE: You are a liar"
In response to Reply #19

The page you requested cannot be displayed.
Denied Request

You must be a registered user to be able to use this function. Please login first.
If you have any questions, please contact the site administrator.
Click here to go back to previous page.

not a registered user, post your email addy for me to use it

mavent (Guest)Mon 25-May-09 07:41 PM

#80314, "im waiting"
In response to Reply #23

or do you want me to post the list here?
Im sitebanned already, I have no qualms doing it. It might even force
you imms to deal with the situation of the wand system as it is.

Asy (Guest)Mon 25-May-09 07:45 PM

#80317, "You can e-mail all the Imms at [immname]@carrionfields...."
In response to Reply #27

asd

thank you asy (Guest)Mon 25-May-09 08:03 PM

#80320, "RE: You can e-mail all the Imms at [immname]@carrionfie..."
In response to Reply #30

asd too, whatever that means

DaevrynMon 25-May-09 07:48 PM
11117 posts
#80318, "RE: im waiting"
In response to Reply #27

Nah, I'd just deactivate the locations you posted, probably. Recent upgrades to the wand system make that easy.

Note that I didn't say you didn't check any places, I said you neglected to check one of the most obvious places, if you go with the logic that wands will mostly be where mages are.

I still haven't heard anyone suggest a better wand system, btw. At best, someone suggests a system that fixes one problem with the current system that also breaks several things it does right by me.

Oh: and if you still feel so inclined, it's daevryn@cf... like most imm e-mails are.

mavent (Guest)Mon 25-May-09 08:20 PM

#80321, "RE: im waiting"
In response to Reply #31

god damnit my email account is kiadannah@yahoo.com, but yahoo email isnt loadin up at the moment. I would like to have emailed you specifically and not have had to deal with posts like that nexan retard-post earlier.
Simply having an edge for a wand revealing would meet a person half way. As far as exploration being a requirement and levelling it would see to both ends. Otherwise like now, you have mages that WONT EVEN TRY to do anything. Wont even try.
Daevryn you are telling people now, that there is one creature on the mud, just one, that bears a barrier wand for you, and thats all your saying. Thanks. eh. Truly thanks. No help whatsoever, as far as the three top mage places? Trothon tower of sorcery and veran come to mind.
All places I have looked as best I could, including others to no avail.
I only have a week left on vacation, and will likely spend it on another mud, so will ask you instead to look at all those mages out there now, mostly nexans that I was with, and others that dont know where their wands are.
They arent even trying to put up a fight. They arent trying to do anything. They are here on this game, and that is all. They arent playing it.
They arent even really beign part of the cabal wars.
Is this how you want it? This is whats happening, has happened, and will continue to happen with this system unless you do meet them halfway.
Just a single edge will change that immie
just a single one.
You know how I made mavant, that he was a creation. You have to know that the veil was accurately correct for quite a while in my chars background and creation. You know for certainty that I did my work on the char.
mavent was just one more char like those others that wont even try.
The difference between me and them is I wont sit idle and play a char that cant play a game.
You wont allow any hint by edge or anything to go into the playability of characters.
I have to reroll to make something else thats viable.
#### if I had to kill the demi lich trothon as my barrier source, I would have done it, just to be able to play mavent, ya know that?
I only died 3 times trying to find my wand locations. Others have more. #### just having an edge might not completely fix that, but it would be the freakin answer daevryn
look at what you have now and tell me its what you want. tell me

mavent (Guest)Mon 25-May-09 08:52 PM

#80328, "FOR DAEVRYN"
In response to Reply #34

i never wanted a flame war on this thread, and its overbooming, is there any place we can take this? messenger or somethin?
also read the post this is attached too

mavent (Guest)Mon 25-May-09 07:36 PM

#80311, "please have a clue, thank you"
In response to Reply #4

ok im actually gonna respond to this stupid little comment here.
I was above level 30 in around 10 hours. I didnt start looking for my wands until after level 36.
Please have a clue, and goodbye.

Same Nexun (Guest)Mon 25-May-09 07:39 PM

#80312, "RE: please have a clue, thank you"
In response to Reply #24

Here's what I want you to do. Re-read this entire thread, paying close attention to your posts.

Now... who has the clue?

Go throw up.

Mavent (Guest)Mon 25-May-09 07:44 PM

#80315, "RE: please have a clue, thank you"
In response to Reply #25

I only had to reread yours. Dont post.
Also I dont throw up, not on purpose anyway, and only when I am sick.
Please also be aware and learn of a few things, before you post.
You sound like a retard.
Not a borderline one either, like a person with a negative iq, if it were possible, it would be you.

DaevrynMon 25-May-09 01:37 PM
11117 posts
#80281, "This character is 3 days old."
In response to Reply #0

Playing 60 hours in 3 days may not be the healthiest thing.

_Magus_Mon 25-May-09 01:51 PM
Member since 05th Dec 2006
430 posts
#80282, "RE: This character is 3 days old."
In response to Reply #1

If the Imms ever felt like someone was playing too excessively (Mavent for example), would they ever step in to try to help or intervene?

WraithOfLightMon 25-May-09 02:02 PM
Member since 06th Dec 2008
45 posts
#80283, "Ouch nt"
In response to Reply #1

mavent (Guest)Mon 25-May-09 06:38 PM

#80294, "RE: This character is 3 days old."
In response to Reply #1

on vacation, I can do as I please

mavent (Guest)Mon 25-May-09 07:40 PM

#80313, "finally getting to this one"
In response to Reply #1

more than three days I think, five?
but no, not healthy, but considering I have nothing else better to do, I wanted to come back to carrionfields. I would rather have had something playable over mavent, but meh, the imms made the game, im only a player.
Yes that was a flippant remark, and yes you will say then go play somewhere else. I am at this moment, a mud i have been with for the past four years since I actively left cf. I do make a char here once in a blue moon to stir things up. I would like to see the wand system made better though for all chars still playing.
Its a bit rediculous atm with all the mages that there are now not having theirs.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #80279 Previous topic | Next topic