Subject: "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Lortas Arana'Thid the Puritan of V..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #80184
Show all folders

Death_AngelSun 24-May-09 07:12 AM
Member since 03rd Oct 2024
17207 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#80184, "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Lortas Arana'Thid the Puritan of Virtue, Scholar of the Creed"

Sun May 24 07:11:52 2009

At 10 o'clock AM, Day of Freedom, 32nd of the Month of the Old Forces
on the Theran calendar Lortas perished, never to return.

Race:elf
Class:paladin
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:446

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply I didn't really know Lortas too well, Humbert (Guest), 25-May-09 05:47 AM, #35
Reply Put it here instead. Goodbyes., Artificial, 24-May-09 08:17 AM, #1
     Reply Take it easy, Elorik (Guest), 24-May-09 08:42 AM, #2
     Reply RE: Put it here instead. Goodbyes., Isildur, 24-May-09 09:21 AM, #3
     Reply Huh, Artificial, 24-May-09 09:59 AM, #4
          Reply RE: Huh, Isildur, 24-May-09 10:33 AM, #6
     Reply Aaaw, no goodbye for me? :(, Arrna (Guest), 24-May-09 10:11 AM, #5
     Reply Take care, Nian (Guest), 24-May-09 11:53 AM, #7
     Reply Cheerio., Firhindil (Guest), 24-May-09 12:53 PM, #8
     Reply RE: Cheerio., Artificial, 24-May-09 02:06 PM, #14
     Reply RE: Put it here instead. Goodbyes., Ailinilia (Guest), 24-May-09 01:23 PM, #9
     Reply RE: Put it here instead. Goodbyes., Artificial, 24-May-09 01:48 PM, #11
     Reply Huh?, Ikanu (Guest), 24-May-09 01:41 PM, #10
     Reply I was focusing mostly on how I would take the fight to ..., Artificial, 24-May-09 01:51 PM, #12
     Reply RE: Put it here instead. Goodbyes., Victacar (Guest), 24-May-09 02:04 PM, #13
     Reply RE: Put it here instead. Goodbyes., Artificial, 24-May-09 02:10 PM, #15
     Reply Worst interview ever., Stormsoldier (Guest), 24-May-09 02:56 PM, #16
     Reply worst interviewee ever., Artificial, 24-May-09 03:04 PM, #17
          Reply Too omit is to lie., Stormsoldier (Guest), 24-May-09 03:26 PM, #20
          Reply I made a few things clear-, Artificial, 24-May-09 03:36 PM, #23
               Reply You are either deluded or dishonest., Stormsoldier (Guest), 24-May-09 05:10 PM, #27
                    Reply RE: You are either deluded or dishonest., Isildur, 24-May-09 09:13 PM, #31
                         Reply Naw., Stormsoldier (Guest), 24-May-09 11:18 PM, #34
          Reply I dunno., OtherFortApp (Guest), 24-May-09 04:21 PM, #26
     Reply I didn't hate Lortas at all, Baerinika, 24-May-09 03:11 PM, #18
     Reply RE: I didn't hate Lortas at all, Artificial, 24-May-09 03:19 PM, #19
     Reply Ah. sweet irony., Stormsoldier (Guest), 24-May-09 03:34 PM, #22
          Reply Yet another person I want to become an hero. nt, Artificial, 24-May-09 03:39 PM, #24
     Reply RE: I didn't hate Lortas at all, Isildur, 24-May-09 09:16 PM, #32
     Reply Hey there., Aeinrez (Guest), 24-May-09 03:34 PM, #21
     Reply RE: Put it here instead. Goodbyes., Malakhi (Guest), 24-May-09 04:04 PM, #25
     Reply I swear..., Taeranduu (Guest), 24-May-09 06:22 PM, #28
     Reply Uh oh, Ahtieli2 (Guest), 24-May-09 07:32 PM, #29
          Reply RE: Uh oh, Artificial, 24-May-09 07:55 PM, #30
               Reply I was warranted. I was punished., Dolce (Guest), 24-May-09 11:17 PM, #33
                    Reply I didnt care about the gear, and only the sword was giv..., Artificial, 25-May-09 07:12 AM, #36

Humbert (Guest)Mon 25-May-09 05:47 AM

#80259, "I didn't really know Lortas too well"
In response to Reply #0

You roleplayed an elf really well, but I had no idea you had a relationship with Ailinilia. Then again, Humbert is a giant and he can't differentiate between male and female normal-sized humanoids much.

About enemies - They really aren't so different from the Fortress people. Many players start out thinking 'I'll only take what I need, I'm not out to grief others' but this quickly turns to 'I'm going to full loot him every chance I get'. I call this the CF vicious cycle. You really don't know who looted your corpse, and whether or not it was the other player's fault, and what that player is thinking when he looted you. Admittedly there are some people who are simply unreasonable (usually drunk, misanthropic or just plain mad).

Anyway it's easy to be calm about being killed, looted, etc, when you play properly and don't die too often and know how to kill even with sub-par gear. I didn't know that you were gear-oriented, since I didn't get to hear any 'whining' about gear.

Don't be too bitter about other people, or let it get to you. Also, you didn't seem like a PK type, which is odd for a Maran. Humbert practically spends all his time combing the whole of Thera for evils and otherwise gathering preps. Try doing that, it is quite fun.

As for Zaknifal, I found him rude at first, but I think it's probably just the roleplay. I'd say he is insanely good at PKing though. Defiance/beads or without, he'd annihilate his range (which is really, really impressive for a lowbie elf paladin). Trust me, if you know how to PK (when to stay, when to flee, when to feign weakness, when to stop them from fleeing by lag moves) you don't really need gear to kill. Especially as a retribution virtue'd wrath spammer. I killed plenty in regear and 2x mithril swords. So yeah I would wager it's a skilled player behind him, not Defiance/beads.

ArtificialSun 24-May-09 08:17 AM
Member since 22nd Apr 2008
1180 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#80188, "Put it here instead. Goodbyes."
In response to Reply #0

So uh...yeah. My first hero char, second char to be even close to hero. I started off not knowing how to get to the fortress, and having never been to an area explore except organia. I didnt have much more to gain...Baer clearly hated me for being a ####, probably the longest lived follower who was actually trying that never got even pupil. I realize I need to be all frothing bloodlust to be a good follower, but I really couldnt go that switch and still be IC.

This char was so very hard for me to play since being "good" doesnt come naturally to me. I had to force myself to do things that I felt were absurd. But I suppose that is the essence of RP. I wanted to challenge myself and be a goodie.

A few goodbyes. I have terrible...terrible...terrible memory about events. I can remember every significant quote I have read in books but couldnt tell you what I talked about with someone yesterday, so bear with me, and if you feel jipped just post.

In order that I think of them-

Ailinilia- If you arent female you are the best RPer ever. I would have deleted ages ago if not for you...sorry I couldnt fulfill my promise of age death. I was SO surprised you said no. Like smack in the face. I had so many plans in that...it was really the only thing left in Lortas' life he had a chance with. Thanks for teaching me things and keeping my morale up when I felt like a tard. I could write a book on the thoughts and history and ####, but yeah...you were the biggest part of Lortas' life. I had plans for my age death with you too, but I just couldnt continue.

Okin- Please...please stop being suicidal. You have a lot of heart but you need to learn more from your mistakes. Sorry for being a ####.

Humbert- What every character should be like. I really expected you to take the two swords and start carving #### up, but your first fight with them was a death that I caused by distracting you...so sort of mutual but I will take the blame. You should be able to go up to any of the goodie/neutral/war gods, say give me a tat, and they should say okay. Based on your handle if you were female I wouldnt be surprised. You always had a very very calm gentle demeanor no matter what. That is really what I wanted Lortas to be, but if you cant wreck house like you do it just comes across as acolytey.

Sarien- Taught me tactics, kept my ass in line, taught me #### as a dumbass squire who couldnt find the fortress. Thanks for all the knowledge. Giving up the shield of light was a terrible, terrible, terrible idea. I thought the boiled leather would be more offensive...just got shield cleaved the very first fight or so that I got in. Typical Gahdak break/steal my gear then flee to the destructor.

Aeranir- Hold your head high. Dont get distracted by things that dont matter. Have some confidence and you can go far.

Elorik- We get it, you're a newb. Go stomp some faces and make a name for yourself instead of wallowing in fear of failure. At least thats the impression I got.

ALMOST EVERY APPLICANT I SPOKE TO- Sorry the people that got me early...I have never been caballed before and I wanted to be hard to get a rec from...I was too hard early, and probably too easy later. However, let me say some things--1) Stop getting pissed off when I ask a question and dont find your answer satisfactory. Especially if it is 1-2 words. This happened often. 2) I dont care about your life story if I didnt ask for it. Like Isildur said...stop force feeding me your role chapters. 3)I dont care that you're a newb. There were at least 2 people who during their interview were like I need to join fort so I can learn to play. Saying this wont make me go easier on you. If anything youll need to work harder. 4)Its not a great idea to stress to the guy who says purpose before honor how much honor means to you and youll never group to fight evil ever. This just says to me you just want the powers while flying solo.

Zaknifal- I am 99% sure the arrogance is the player. It just comes out too fast. There were many times I wanted to say I no longer consider you a paladin. I had to stop myself from telling you to kill yourself. I was AMAZED when you got maran, as I expected you to be kicked from fort for being a douche, but I suppose 2 beads and defiance got you enough kills that it made up for it. Anyway I can say it now...kill yourself, seriously.

Eolin- You had the olde english thing right? I really appreciated that you were trying, and you were definitely cool all the time, but I cringed at the style. Nary a soul may speaketh mine tongue. Very often the sentence's structure and grammar were lost in the styling. You should play chrono trigger and study Frog's speaking style.

Kasir- You were always cool, and you really made me think about how to employ your abilities. I apologize for sometimes stealing the reigns during raids. You and humbert I would do anything for at the drop of a hat.

Empire- I really dont understand how you can whine about being ganged without lightning coming down from the sky irl and killing you, let alone in game. Bleeding with hypocrisy. Dolce bashes me in town in front of the empress while I wasnt bloody and there were no repercussions. If only the tribunals were there to warrant you. It is always hilarious to see Zwerg log off, then log back on 3 minutes later because then you knew that the lich was logging on. It wasnt an occasional oh he had to take a piss, it was any time zwerg logged back on after logging off 1-10 minutes ago, the lich was logging on. I have no idea why this hasnt been ended by the imms. Seriously I appreciate everything the imms do but I feel like no one wants to be the one to end the #### that is the current empire. Granted I havent seen the old empire, but I know nothing could be worse than this.

Nidblot- Dont make excuses, you were DYING to kill me, and always loved to fight knowing I didnt have light of heaven.

Enlilth- Anliltuel's heroimming destroyed my plans. I loved our talk so very very much. I am definitely making a follower soon, even if I have to suffer the russians.

Twist- Thanks for the role contest despite cheapening it by saying I was actually third. I really didnt get much use out of divine retribution since the liches were always using the phylactery. I started using it a lot more towards the end when I knew certain people had a lot of goodie kills, but most of the time wrath served better. Might just be my newbishness.

Malakhi- Fun fights despite being a one trick pony. I could never stop you from slipping in between he isnt heres somehow, unless it was dash and it doesnt have an echo if it doesnt fail? No idea. Really earned a lot of respect for not killing me while I was afk. Victacar of course showed his cowardice by trying to kill me right after while I was still clearly afk.

Baer- Yeah..thanks for the coorespondance early on. I really misinterpreted what you wanted from me. I am not sure what else to say. Sorry for being the worst long lived follower ever I guess? Id really love to hear what all the things are that I did wrong.

Ragers in general I fought 1v1- Stop fleeing to the destructor when you know I cant follow. I know it makes sense, but its so amazingly cowardly for a group that prides themselves on courage. Happened every single time. Maybe I am just being a newb and thats expected of them? No idea.

Maktess- I'll be perfectly honest...I dont remember a single time we interacted, except for the stomping we got on the mountain. My memory is terrible. I'm glad I was an influence though.

Arrna- Be more social and you are a sure pick for leader.

Eldarwen- I really dont understand why people said you could get leader...Maybe I just never saw it but you almost never spoke on CB when I was around, and often didnt show up for raids or defense. Awesome kill on Nidblot though.

Aeinrez- Sure pick for captain.

Tellik- Thanks for all the defiance runs though I always lost it right after to neutrals helping evils, or being ganged. Hope you got something nice for the story.

Firhindil- I laughed when you said I was very competent in your goodbye, since I still consider myself a f'ing newb in all ways. Fun to explore with. Thanks for the support.

Nian- No one deserves Neltoulda's tat more than you do. I think that says enough. I felt like we learned a bit about combat together.

Tameron- Stylish killing AND looting someone who was clearly afk.

Victacar- Opportunist extraordinaire. You would constantly steal from me then bitched your head off when I took 3 things.

Ikanu- Your death thread was basically a big rag on me. I didnt have light of heaven or anything that would make it even a remote possibility that I could kill you since you never left without full abs. There was nothing fortitude/hope could do against you. Same with Dierj and Tameron.

I cant think of anyone else right now.

Um...if anyone wants to pick up the PBF I am sure it is an enjoyable read. Role contest winner as well. I dont have paypal so I cant do it. Really wish there was a credit card option.

Overall this was a tremendous learning experience. I just wish we had other classes to work with in the fort during my lifetime, like bards, transmuters, or assassins. I dont think I sucked too hard for my first pvping character and first hero, but I am sure others will disagree. I would really appreciate any commentary people have for me, positive or negative.

PS: Fortress is not a single hive mind. Stop full looting and pulling stupid #### because someone else killed you or did something. Get THEM back, not every other fort member you gang down. Its just sad.

I'd love to post on dios but I am still banned because I had a bad day.

Elorik (Guest)Sun 24-May-09 08:42 AM

#80191, "Take it easy"
In response to Reply #1

I thought Lortas was probably the best elf RP I have come across in my mind. Very arrogant(like an elf should be), though judging by good byes maybe that doesn't come too hard for you . Still well played imo. The whole self-doubt thing was actually part of my role and was resolved a while back, but with cabals wars raging almost every time I was logged on with you its understandable you wouldn't pick that up.

As for stomping ass, I'm an Acolyte. Not my job .

IsildurSun 24-May-09 09:21 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
#80195, "RE: Put it here instead. Goodbyes."
In response to Reply #1

In general I thought Lortas was okay. Here are three areas where I think you can do better next time you play a goodie Baerinika follower. Please take these in the spirit they're intended: as constructive criticism:

1. Don't obsess over gear as much. Sometimes you'd die, then complain loudly over cb or fc about how you lost X or Y. Or, you'd log on after some other paladin had died or deleted, and immediately start asking around to see if that person lost Defiance so you could run and get it before someone else could. To be fair, you weren't the only Paladin to do this, and I do understand how pimp that sword is.

2. If you're going to have a hard on for something, let it be "killing evil" and not "exploring area explores". Initially I pegged you as some vet who hadn't played in 5 years and rolled a paladin just so he could explore all the obscure areas. That's how badly you wanted to explore. It's like you were checking areas off a list. Which, in retrospect, maybe you were. Heh.

3. Know what you know, and know what you don't know. It seemed like more than once you stated misinfo as if it were irrefutable fact. It doesn't bother me at all when someone is wrong about some mechanics issue. Heck, more often than not it'll be me. But it does bother me just a little when someone is wrong about a mechanics issue, then makes matter of fact pronouncements to other people about it. It's fine to share your opinion with someone on how something works, even if you're wrong; just make sure it's clear you're sharing an opinion.

ArtificialSun 24-May-09 09:59 AM
1180 posts
#80196, "Huh"
In response to Reply #3

Can you elaborate on #3 with specifics? I didnt think I was doing that but I could definitely be wrong. Very often I tend to state my opinions in a forceful way without intending it. Also I may have believed it to be irrefutable fact, so I definitely would like to know what I was wrong about.

IsildurSun 24-May-09 10:33 AM
5969 posts
#80200, "RE: Huh"
In response to Reply #4

Can't remember any specifics, sorry. I just recall a few times where you said something on cb in a fairly matter of fact way and I, or someone else, was like, "Uhhh...no?"

Arrna (Guest)Sun 24-May-09 10:11 AM

#80198, "Aaaw, no goodbye for me? :("
In response to Reply #1

I wasn't sure what to think of Lortas. If this really was your first hero, then WOW! WELL DONE!

Arrna wasn't to happy about the whole elven arrogance that came out from time to time. Though I'm 100% it was RP.

Just so you know, the tactics I came up with last night didn't work. Haven't tried your tactics though. We'll see if I ever get to it.

Well, good luck with your next, I hope you come back soon.

Nian (Guest)Sun 24-May-09 11:53 AM

#80211, "Take care"
In response to Reply #1

Lortas was a good friend, I'll miss having you around. You were always willing to go out and do stuff, which is something I love to do, so that's great

I look forward to meeting you with whatever is next.

Firhindil (Guest)Sun 24-May-09 12:53 PM

#80215, "Cheerio."
In response to Reply #1

I liked you and like another posted mentioned below you really carried the elf roleplay very well. I always knew I was interacting with another elf. Now, if that was an unintentional byproduct of your real-life personality, *shrug*. But I liked it for this char!

Thanks for letting me bounce questions off of you. It helped a whole lot. And a special thanks for coming along on the trip to Octagonal, that was very helpful.

I'm impressed on what you soaked up with the character in terms of knowledge. Keep it up.

ArtificialSun 24-May-09 02:06 PM
1180 posts
#80223, "RE: Cheerio."
In response to Reply #8

I am definitely arrogant as hell when I know what I am doing with something, but it should also be said that this is something I would have dialed down if I wasnt an elf and trying to be worthy of leader.

Having the hope virtue made it tough to work with villagers. I have so much stuff to offer to the group and cant use it. This was even more annoying while fighting Dionisius (sp?) in the dark wood. Im thinking to myself..I can give all of you sanctuary, 12 damroll, 8 hitroll, and give you increased regen while fighting, but I cant because youd kill me or flee. So I sat on my ass and flankattacked.

Thanks for the vote of confidence..how about unbanning me from dios?

Ailinilia (Guest)Sun 24-May-09 01:23 PM

#80216, "RE: Put it here instead. Goodbyes."
In response to Reply #1

You promised you would not leave Ailinilia until you died. Though, to be honest, I wasn't surprised in light of the conversation between Lortas and Ailinilia, the whole Baerinika deal, and Lortas's "spirit" as of late that you decided to have Lortas retire. Ailinilia really did like Lortas, and I bet if it weren't for Sarien and Thendrell, things would have been different. This was compounded by the fact that recently Lortas resorted to making fun of her age at every opportune time and that over the last while, they simply did not hang around together as much. I am not sure what happened. I felt bad that Ailinilia turned you down (for the third time), but given how Ailinilia's life turned out, the marriage/romantic love thing didn't feel right as part of her path.

Of all the people in the lands, Lortas was by far the person Ailinilia spent the most time with. She always sought Lortas out; he was her best friend. She enjoyed teaching him a few things as well as learning from him. It always made her feel great when he said that he would need to learn to take care of himself if she were not around. Lortas never made her feel used, like some sort of healing toy, but a real person with whom he wanted to spend time. I am glad that she made Lortas hang around.

The one thing I could never understand, and still can't reading the associated posts, is why people thought Lortas was arogant. Perhaps Ailinilia never saw this part, changed Lortas when they were together, or I am just blind.

It was fun and Ailinilia had to leave a pile of flowers at Lord Corrlaan's shrine. By the way, is this what you wanted to tell her last time the two were together?

For what it is worth, don't play an evil guy, it would make Ailinilia really upset.

Good job and have fun. **giggle**

ArtificialSun 24-May-09 01:48 PM
1180 posts
#80220, "RE: Put it here instead. Goodbyes."
In response to Reply #9

>Of all the people in the lands, Lortas was by far the person
>Ailinilia spent the most time with. She always sought Lortas
>out; he was her best friend. She enjoyed teaching him a few
>things as well as learning from him. It always made her feel
>great when he said that he would need to learn to take care of
>himself if she were not around. Lortas never made her feel
>used, like some sort of healing toy, but a real person with
>whom he wanted to spend time. I am glad that she made Lortas
>hang around.

This was exactly what I was going for, and what the case was. You were always the one I wanted to be around over anyone else. It really was a shame we spent less time together but it always seemed like you had other people to help, and I wanted to stand on my own two feet a bit more.

>The one thing I could never understand, and still can't
>reading the associated posts, is why people thought Lortas was
>arogant. Perhaps Ailinilia never saw this part, changed
>Lortas when they were together, or I am just blind.

I was definitely different around you. Your presence softened Lortas' stone heart.

>It was fun and Ailinilia had to leave a pile of flowers at
>Lord Corrlaan's shrine. By the way, is this what you wanted
>to tell her last time the two were together?

It wasnt. I was planning to give you the pale golden ring and propose. I actually had an idea of saying since you never got your last name, that you should take mine.

Regardless, and maybe the imms will use it in your echos, Lortas will be waiting for you on the snowy ledge when your time comes. I was planning to say that as a ghost when I age died but I just couldnt deal with playing a dead end character with a short life.

>For what it is worth, don't play an evil guy, it would make
>Ailinilia really upset.

In light of this I might make another fortguy, since I was thinking of a different role, but I dont think I can get your rec because I am sure you can see ALL of my idiosyncrasies.

>Good job and have fun. **giggle**

Ikanu (Guest)Sun 24-May-09 01:41 PM

#80218, "Huh?"
In response to Reply #1

I said this about you:

Lortas: A bit of an agitator, you were. Every time you died I was so_very_tempted to take that shield and drop it into the ####ing sea. But I didn't. I'm so sick of elf shield paladins...you don't even know. I would have liked to have seen more paladinly roleplay from you...all I ever seemed to get was the same kind of spite I'd expect from, say, another Scion. Heh. Still, I can't blame you for hating me!

With what you said about having a hard time roleplaying being "good," I don't think this is inaccurate at all.

You did well enough on quite a few of our fights, though. You went for the skills that would make things harder for me, and got out (usually) when it was going bad. I wasn't expecting anything more.

ArtificialSun 24-May-09 01:51 PM
1180 posts
#80221, "I was focusing mostly on how I would take the fight to ..."
In response to Reply #10

nt

Victacar (Guest)Sun 24-May-09 02:04 PM

#80222, "RE: Put it here instead. Goodbyes."
In response to Reply #1

I am an opportunist. And yes I did "whine" which was a whole discussion of 3 comments (2 to you and 1 ton a dwarf paladin you were looting for) regarding looting things you cannot use. It was more than 3 things also, but who care about that. The short of it is I took a chance with you, knowing last time I killed you I took nothing and hoping it was returned, and when you got me (by my own mistake actually), taking a set of things to hand off to others (among other things) didn't sit well with me.

Is it true I shouldn't have whined about it? Yes. Did I learn from it? Yes. Did I feel Nepenthe's thread about whining was about me? Probably .

So because of that, I did stop taking chances with you. Mainly because I didn't want to chance you looting all my things for others to use. So in the end, I stalked more and took less chances with you, full knowing what to expect.

If I used that mindset, you would have been naked, and I don't want to promote that and I was a little urked that I showed you courtesy and still ended up on the short end.

Anyway, take care and GLWN. I don't want to highjack this thread, so in the really short, I apologize for commenting regarding the looting of the things you couldn't use.

ArtificialSun 24-May-09 02:09 PM
1180 posts
#80224, "RE: Put it here instead. Goodbyes."
In response to Reply #13
Edited on Sun 24-May-09 02:10 PM

TBH I consider spiked gear to be just something you dont let other people have, like defiance as an evil. I think I wont do that anymore.

I realized immediately the dagger and periapt I shouldnt have taken, so I dropped them. The rest were just that.

I must say I wouldnt have looted you any more than anyone else, and I would play exactly the same as you in your shoes.

EDIT: You took defiance when you killed me with ikanu.

Stormsoldier (Guest)Sun 24-May-09 02:56 PM

#80225, "Worst interview ever."
In response to Reply #1

How many apps did you piss off?

I know you were such a piss poor experience for me I withdrew my application having had a couple Maran I couldn't Imagine having to share a channel with you let alone support you.

I was flabbergasted at how I spent an hour iand a half in what seemed like an AFK interview with you dropping emotes showing a tight lipped, respectful disciplined soldier and CLEARLY, I say again, CLEARLY stating what motivated the character yet you kept twisting each answer to a negative.

Thats not cool man. No cool at all. I never get how people think it's good RP on their part to aproach applicants as if they are front loaded with what it is to be a maran or acolyte from the academy. It shows an incredibly narow, and I dare say selfish, view on the part of the interviewer.

Having had a few Baer followers/empoweries and Baer enemies too I would ask you how hard are her interviews? They aren't. She checks the basics, gives you some rope and sees if you hang yourself. It couldn't hurt you to do the same.

You may have thought you were being noble and cool but you were being an ass and pissing on peoples time and enjoyment. A classic case of I have it, you can't.

Anyway, good riddance and good luck with your next. stick to Nexuns and evils. We'll all be happier.

ArtificialSun 24-May-09 03:04 PM
1180 posts
#80226, "worst interviewee ever."
In response to Reply #16

"why join an army?"

"For the prestige."

wtf does this mean? it certainly isnt killing evils. You were horribly difficult. I even asked on maran channel about your responses, and if the marshall himself says your answers arent good enough, too ####ing bad.

Stormsoldier (Guest)Sun 24-May-09 03:26 PM

#80229, "Too omit is to lie."
In response to Reply #17

You go on and keep telling yourself and everyone else that was the answer I gave. Because it wasn't. By the time the interview degenerated to you jumping on that one word I had decided enough was enough.

Be honest with how that went down.

I told you repeatedly that the character was fighting for the future of his family and the good of the people of Thera. I stated and restated that simple point over and over and you kept asking me the same question tothe point I started giving one word answers because you didn't seem to understand English. after about the third time of you asking me 'BUT WHY THE FORTRESS' and I said that I always admired the prestige of it and can see no greater way to serve. You jumped all over the word 'prestige' as if that were the center of my characters motivation when I had for the past 1.5 hours explained and demonstrated that he was a stern, disciplined, soldier dedicated to the service of others but you kept digging word traps and trying to get me to hae himsay something out of line with his role.

My favorite part of the interview was the end when the other paladin admonished my character that you were a Maran and I made the observation that that was a prestigeous possition.

It was clear to me the subtltey of that obvious statment was lost on you. Anyway, I did learn from you. The next time I am in an interview if it starts to go that way I'll find an IC reason to leave an waiit for a differeent interviewer because mathematiclly speaking the Time to induct ratio can only be better.

I'm done talking. I on't expect your response to be even remotely true or accurate.

ArtificialSun 24-May-09 03:36 PM
1180 posts
#80232, "I made a few things clear-"
In response to Reply #20

1) I dont care about your past. I make this perfectly clear every interview.

2) I dont care that you want to protect Thera. Anyone even looking to join fort has that quality. I need to know you have something more, a driving force.

3) I thought you RPd well but lacked anything beyond genericfortguy #328947. If I can see from an interview that this person might not have a role, I wont offer a recommendation.

4) Lortas was all about the collective unit. I had a hard time playing a hope-virtuee because I would rather say "you suck, now get over it, and if you do, you deserve my praise." But hope I had so I had to be all about hope, and other people. You gave zero reason for being a soldier. If you had said ANYTHING about working together being stronger than apart, I would have passed you on that.

I told you I think five times during the interview I am very hard, you may want to seek someone else.

OH! Now I remember Maktess. Our interview was even tougher, and he didnt get it in the end, but I still came to respect him when he got in via other people.

Stormsoldier (Guest)Sun 24-May-09 05:10 PM

#80239, "You are either deluded or dishonest."
In response to Reply #23

Because I clearly laid out the motivation for the character.

Have you ever spoken to a real life soldier? Ever recruited for an Army? I've done both and I can honestly say that the number one reasons people give are to better themselves and becomming a part of something bigger followed by make momma proud. I've heard I want to fight but never I want to kill evil men. So by your own standards you wanted me to give you a cookie cutter answer.

WHo is Fortresite # blah blah blah now?

You are a lying or simply missed all the answers I gave because you were dropping link. The paragraph above isn't factual. I debated with you (When you werent AFK) because I didn't think you understood (and stil don't) that hope and inspiation aren synonyms.

In that that whole dialogue I repeatedly refrerenced how an Inspirational leader lead others to success where as an individuals hope might cause him to surrender or flee.

So you either missed it or you're lying.

I'm through. You already ruined my fun with your half-assed RP and personal ignorance.

Try growing as a person and perhaps your game will too.

IsildurSun 24-May-09 09:13 PM
5969 posts
#80252, "RE: You are either deluded or dishonest."
In response to Reply #27

Given the attitude I'm seeing here, and the fact that you didn't keep trying to get in, I'm kind of glad you didn't. Maybe I'm off, but you sound like the kind of guy who would throw a bitch fest and delete if he didn't get Maran as quickly as he expected to.

For the record, I disagree with Lortas's interview style, and the kind of questions he expected people to answer. You were free to keep trying other Fort guys after speaking with Lortas.

Stormsoldier (Guest)Sun 24-May-09 11:18 PM

#80255, "Naw."
In response to Reply #31

I just have a real problem with how he conducted that. I never play Fort to get Maran I just seem to get it.

His interview made me not want to be anywear near the place. So I deleted and went onto a couple other characters.

OtherFortApp (Guest)Sun 24-May-09 04:21 PM

#80237, "I dunno."
In response to Reply #17

I asked Lortas for an interview and thought I did a few things right. I agree, though, you did seem pretty AFK. Every time I talked to you for an interview. Something to consider, I guess.

BaerinikaSun 24-May-09 03:11 PM
Member since 23rd Jan 2007
338 posts
#80227, "I didn't hate Lortas at all"
In response to Reply #1

It's Baer's nature to push for both purity of purpose and general betterment of character. We had many talks where Baer basically just wanted you to make a decision and stick with it and act it out. You were arrogant, there's no doubt about that. I was pretty turned off over the way your entire reason for playing seemed at times to be for a leadership spot.

I'm surprised you wanted more Baer'ish title. I thought custom title beat generic religion title every time but I guess I was wrong. Also, Lortas didn't really seem that devoted to Baer. This is further confirmed to me by the way you say to Ailinilia that Lortas wanted to spend time with her way beyond anyone else. He did, at times, feel more like a priest of Ailinilia than a priest of Baer. And that's ok, but don't expect Baer to get all hot and bothered about you then.

You did good Fort interviews from what I saw. You were tough on applicants and I kind of liked that. Fort so often feels like a "you're goodie, you're in" kind of place, which is good, but I still like the different idea of, you need to earn it.

Sorry about the other night when we were talking btw...I had donated blood and made the mistake of drinking half a bottle of wine...pretty much blacked out around the time the mud crashed. Ooops!

You were definetly gear obsessive to the point where it started sounding really insensitive. I think though now that you know people have felt that that you can fix it pretty easy.

Good luck on your next. Again, I did like Lortas in general. I just felt that due to the friction with others in the cabal that you weren't right for a leadership spot unless you fixed that.

ArtificialSun 24-May-09 03:19 PM
1180 posts
#80228, "RE: I didn't hate Lortas at all"
In response to Reply #18

That was my way of saying I wanted to earn the tat. I really did like the title though.

I really...really...really wanted a leadership spot because I thought it would be badass to go from newbitard to leader that actually does ####. Also being leader would have allowed me to coordinate the ridiculously complex strategies I had in mind. When showing I wanted leader got me no response it made me try harder.

If you had said to me "you need to fix X, X, and X," I would have done so at the drop of a hat. I felt like I was grasping at straws for what you wanted from me.

Being perfectly honest I feel Zaknifal should have, and still should, be removed from fort. It pisses me off even more that he cost me something I wanted.

Stormsoldier (Guest)Sun 24-May-09 03:34 PM

#80231, "Ah. sweet irony."
In response to Reply #19

The last two paragraphs make me smile.

ArtificialSun 24-May-09 03:39 PM
1180 posts
#80233, "Yet another person I want to become an hero. nt"
In response to Reply #22
Edited on Sun 24-May-09 03:39 PM

yes, 4chan an hero.

IsildurSun 24-May-09 09:16 PM
5969 posts
#80253, "RE: I didn't hate Lortas at all"
In response to Reply #18

>Sorry about the other night when we were talking btw...I had
>donated blood and made the mistake of drinking half a bottle
>of wine...pretty much blacked out around the time the mud
>crashed. Ooops!

Nep slipped you a mickey. Gotta be.

Aeinrez (Guest)Sun 24-May-09 03:34 PM

#80230, "Hey there."
In response to Reply #1

I liked Lortas. I honestly had you pegged for a leadership spot because I saw you on a ton and you seemed reasonably competant.

I agree with the way Zaknifal "WAS" but he's actually a lot more likeable recently. I assume it was just his feeling-out period for the Fort and his role within it.

Jeez, I hope I don't get a leader spot. I hate having to do interviews, heh. I appreciate your good feelings about my character though.

Hope you have fun with your next.

Malakhi (Guest)Sun 24-May-09 04:04 PM

#80236, "RE: Put it here instead. Goodbyes."
In response to Reply #1

heh. I can't believe you joined a group with Aganthas and I in it, quest be damned. :p. It would have been funny if you started wrathing instead. Regarding fights, I could care less if paladins wrath a bunch - what is really annoying is essence of temperance (or whatever it is that let's temperance paladins avoid skills), and you didn't have it so as a player I was happy to draw blades against you. Regarding ragers recovering in the cabal .. play a non defender rager and you'll understand

Taeranduu (Guest)Sun 24-May-09 06:22 PM

#80240, "I swear..."
In response to Reply #1

I'm gonna have to start fixing my playtimes or something cause one of these days I'll get mentioned =P

I think I enjoyed Lortas, though I remember early on when I was inducted some sort of "hmmm.. maybe that's an elf paladin for you" sort of tone. Which I just assumed it was and took with Taeranduu's point of view. Though we didn't travel a lot, the raids we did take were always successful.

Well.. GLWYN and hopefully you're not joining the Empire circuit just yet.

(now back to my girlfriend)

Ahtieli2 (Guest)Sun 24-May-09 07:32 PM

#80244, "Uh oh"
In response to Reply #1

>>>Empire- I really dont understand how you can whine about being
>>>ganged without lightning coming down from the sky irl and killing
>>>you, let alone in game. Bleeding with hypocrisy.

Yet I want to see imperials crying about being ganged.

>>>Dolce bashes me in town in front of the empress while I wasnt
>>>bloody and there were no repercussions. If only the tribunals were
>>>there to warrant you.

1. Trib there and Dolce got waranted.
2. Dolce was punished for that. However I'm not going to explain how he was punished and why he was punished that way.

>>>>It is always hilarious to see Zwerg log off, then log back on 3
>>>>minutes later because then you knew that the lich was logging on.
>>>>It wasnt an occasional oh he had to take a piss, it was any time
>>>>zwerg logged back on after logging off 1-10 minutes ago, the lich
>>>>was logging on.

My wild guess. Did you ever smoke? Because it sure sounds like smoke breaks.

Some advices... you may take it offence or no, up to you.
1. You were sure care a lot about shiny items (though who am I to say that, but still if you work on that matter you will probably will see some imm love.)
2. Do not leave your groupmates dying when you are just in small wounds(unless you know that you will die in next round or two, though shield pally is a great tank), it really leave bad taste in their mouth.
3. Do not raid if you know there are people in your cabal that will try to defend regardless the odds, while you won't even show up to help them because enemies group is way to hard to fight with.

If you want to be good groupmate or groupleader for group pk, main thing you should care about is... to keep your groupmates alive.

ArtificialSun 24-May-09 07:55 PM
1180 posts
#80247, "RE: Uh oh"
In response to Reply #29

>Yet I want to see imperials crying about being ganged.

Heard enough crying to make me never want to play empire.

>1. Trib there and Dolce got waranted.
>2. Dolce was punished for that. However I'm not going to
>explain how he was punished and why he was punished that
>way.

Cool, though you do lie a lot.

>My wild guess. Did you ever smoke? Because it sure sounds like
>smoke breaks.

Argument is completely unrelated to the actually issue at hand. But seeing your other posts your response is to be expected, since it is your usual strategy. He only ever logged back on after a "smoke break" if you were logging on.

>Some advices... you may take it offence or no, up to you.
>1. You were sure care a lot about shiny items (though who am I
>to say that, but still if you work on that matter you will
>probably will see some imm love.)

Probably.

>2. Do not leave your groupmates dying when you are just in
>small wounds(unless you know that you will die in next round
>or two, though shield pally is a great tank), it really leave
>bad taste in their mouth.

Never heard a word of complaint, but thats because if I ever left its because I gave an order to withdraw. I also fled mostly to use turn undead or to make you continuously redirect zombies, which may or may not have been a good strategy, since I have no experience fighting necromancers other than liches, and satebos never gangs and rarely uses his army.

>3. Do not raid if you know there are people in your cabal that
>will try to defend regardless the odds, while you won't even
>show up to help them because enemies group is way to hard to
>fight with.

A reason I wanted leader, so I can prevent people from being suicidal. I asked baer specifically about this, and was told I did the right thing.

>If you want to be good groupmate or groupleader for group pk,
>main thing you should care about is... to keep your groupmates
>alive.

Very good advice. I tried to constantly remind people when engaging the imperial gang that they need to focus on staying alive as their top priority. Generally when people died it was a ghoul touch, a mistake on their part, or the group wasnt coordinated to begin with for various chain of command reasons.

Dolce (Guest)Sun 24-May-09 11:17 PM

#80254, "I was warranted. I was punished."
In response to Reply #30

OOC - I brainfarted and didn't realize we were inside the gates.

I thought Lortas was a newbie char in the beginning. Then you really showed a ton of improvement throughout the life of the character... too bad towards the end you started whining about losing gear that I took from you - gear that was given to you after it was stripped from me when I was ganged by 3 Forties.

ArtificialMon 25-May-09 07:12 AM
1180 posts
#80261, "I didnt care about the gear, and only the sword was giv..."
In response to Reply #33

nt

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #80184 Previous topic | Next topic