Subject: "(AGE DEATH) [TRIBUNAL] Iktul Slink the Calculating Conc..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #80007
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 21-May-09 04:24 PM
Member since 03rd Oct 2024
17207 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#80007, "(AGE DEATH) [TRIBUNAL] Iktul Slink the Calculating Conciliator, Bandit King of Hamsah Mu'tazz, Justiciar of Thera"

Thu May 21 16:22:35 2009

At 7 o'clock PM, Day of the Sun, 34th of the Month of the Battle
on the Theran calendar Iktul perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:thief
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:TRIBUNAL, the Blood Tribunal
Hours:492

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Bye., Vhelamina (Guest), 25-May-09 11:08 PM, #12
Reply Wow, I can't believe that was a positve goodbye., Lhydia, 26-May-09 09:19 PM, #15
Reply *ducks*, Lhydia, 21-May-09 04:40 PM, #1
     Reply You're a bastard :), TMNS (Guest), 21-May-09 06:07 PM, #2
     Reply Tough, scary bastard, Beib (Guest), 21-May-09 06:34 PM, #3
     Reply You were a bastard. Interacted with you by lot of chars..., Dervish, 21-May-09 06:37 PM, #4
     Reply Was a lot of fun while I was there, Lenfelin (Guest), 21-May-09 08:14 PM, #5
     Reply Man I got so sick of that drama., Lhydia, 26-May-09 09:21 PM, #16
     Reply RE: *ducks*, Urgok (Guest), 21-May-09 09:23 PM, #6
     Reply ?, Lhydia, 26-May-09 09:21 PM, #17
          Reply This one, from my deletion thread., Urgok (Guest), 26-May-09 09:33 PM, #19
               Reply <3, Lhydia, 26-May-09 09:48 PM, #20
     Reply Not surprised at all by this., Minyar1 (Guest), 21-May-09 10:49 PM, #7
     Reply *nuzzle*, Lhydia, 26-May-09 09:22 PM, #18
     Reply Cool and influential character, DurNominator, 22-May-09 01:55 AM, #8
     Reply Aaaw! Iktul!, Zubi (Guest), 22-May-09 03:37 AM, #9
     Reply Good luck on your next., Anliltuel (Anonymous), 22-May-09 10:32 AM, #10
     Reply RE: *ducks*, Fyeereth (Guest), 22-May-09 01:54 PM, #11
     Reply RE: *ducks*, Tellik (Guest), 26-May-09 07:55 PM, #13
     Reply It was bugged., Lhydia, 26-May-09 09:16 PM, #14
          Reply RE: It was bugged., Tellik (Guest), 27-May-09 01:48 AM, #22
     Reply Your sense of humor hasn't changed., Scrimbul, 26-May-09 10:01 PM, #21
          Reply I was a sad panda when Tenuc deleted., Lhydia, 27-May-09 06:22 AM, #23

Vhelamina (Guest)Mon 25-May-09 11:08 PM

#80350, "Bye."
In response to Reply #0

I generally liked your character who was often at odds with mine in their interactions. You were definately good, way better then me in all aspects of the game. However I sometimes had mixed feelings about you. I felt that you sometimes threw technical stuff at my face in the guise of roleplaying. For example comments regarding pking criminals or about me not camping my city as much as you did. It was as if you were trying to be annoying at an OOC level not just an IC one.

I remember that i ended up leaving the cabal due to a lack of time and because i wanted try a a few things on the side before making another type of mage character then the wand change hit (bleh). I know some people thought it was in protest against your promotion or something but I didn't really care. I thought we were getting along there for a bit. I always thought that you were the obvious choice for Provost but i sure had fun trying to prevent it

Oh well, since i don't play much Vhelamina is now gone (there goes sweetest wand set ever) and i'm not returning to make a new character any time soon, so i think you were the last one left she interacted with early in her life. At any rate, I enjoyed your character, i loved to hate it and bickering against it was definately fun. Thanks for you time.

GLWYN.

LhydiaTue 26-May-09 09:19 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
2391 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#80455, "Wow, I can't believe that was a positve goodbye."
In response to Reply #12

I was pissed when you tried to group kill me while we were ranking in Darsylon then you were a Magistrate like the next day, even after I had told whats his name gnome imm guy about it. That pretty much set the theme for our relationship. =P

LhydiaThu 21-May-09 04:40 PM
2391 posts
#80008, "*ducks*"
In response to Reply #0

Really ran out of gas towards the end there and stopped playing with any consistency.

There were a lot of people that made this character really fun, and there were a lot of people that tried to go out of their way to make this character unfun, which was just funny to me.

Sorry I petered out on you towards the last 50 hours or so Marcatis, I really enjoyed the cabal though, thanks for letting me run it for a bit.

I wasn't actually corrupt, but I sure did have a different view on law and reasons for enforcing it.

Good times.

TMNS (Guest)Thu 21-May-09 06:07 PM

#80010, "You're a bastard :)"
In response to Reply #1

You were so mean to Armallyn, my invoker, that I really wanted to set you on fire a few times.

Noticed you started to drop off there at the end. Good luck with your next man.

Beib (Guest)Thu 21-May-09 06:34 PM

#80011, "Tough, scary bastard"
In response to Reply #1

I thought you had the evil, macho RP down pat. You really inspired fear in the guild and no one was ever certain how much you knew about what was going on. Your revenge agasint me was even suave. I swear I saw you, tried to quaff a recall potion that I didn't have and then it was all over. I thought I was being clever running back to Galadon, since I'd never ordinarily run there, only to find you waiting for me just outside. Kudos and GLWYN.

DervishThu 21-May-09 06:37 PM
Member since 11th Oct 2003
617 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via ICQ
#80012, "You were a bastard. Interacted with you by lot of chars..."
In response to Reply #1

nt

Lenfelin (Guest)Thu 21-May-09 08:14 PM

#80013, "Was a lot of fun while I was there"
In response to Reply #1

One person saying I was trying to get you kicked out of the Tribunal, another telling you I'm not. The whole time, me playing both sides, listening to those that were against you and those that supported you. It was alot of fun. I figured at any moment I would be thrown out of the Spire because of me seeming to support both sides. Sorry I fell away on you, you were fun to interact with.

Dragomir

LhydiaTue 26-May-09 09:21 PM
2391 posts
#80456, "Man I got so sick of that drama."
In response to Reply #5

It all stemmed from one guy playing multiple Trib characters and telling everyone how corrupt I was. That was stupid and I'm glad I figured him out. If you're ever in any position of authority in Trib, odds are an IMM put you there, and odds are you're not corrupt. But man did that rile me up IC.

Urgok (Guest)Thu 21-May-09 09:23 PM

#80014, "RE: *ducks*"
In response to Reply #1

Couldn't decide if I liked you or not, but all around Iktul was a cool character.

Hope you enjoyed the picture.

LhydiaTue 26-May-09 09:21 PM
2391 posts
#80457, "?"
In response to Reply #6

What picture?

Urgok (Guest)Tue 26-May-09 09:33 PM

#80459, "This one, from my deletion thread."
In response to Reply #17

It's Iktul.

LhydiaTue 26-May-09 09:48 PM
2391 posts
#80461, "<3"
In response to Reply #19

duh thats y ur mah bff

Minyar1 (Guest)Thu 21-May-09 10:49 PM

#80017, "Not surprised at all by this."
In response to Reply #1

Same annoying thief just in a tribunal suit.

LhydiaTue 26-May-09 09:22 PM
2391 posts
#80458, "*nuzzle*"
In response to Reply #7

I <3 you.

DurNominatorFri 22-May-09 01:55 AM
Member since 08th Nov 2004
2018 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#80027, "Cool and influential character"
In response to Reply #1

There was a certain, mob-type aspect in Galadon guild that was there during your leadership. Definitely an influential character that had a tremendous impact on young Nawaur's life, to the point that my original character concept was lost and my chaotic ethos didn't work well any more. Anyway, good luck with your next.

Zubi (Guest)Fri 22-May-09 03:37 AM

#80029, "Aaaw! Iktul!"
In response to Reply #1

Well, Zubi had 0 real interest in you. At least romanticlly. You were used. But MAN, did I just LOVE rping with you. I met you a bit with Iegob as well, and this was a really cool char.

I'm looking forward to your next.

Anliltuel (inactive user)Fri 22-May-09 10:32 AM
Charter member
In response to Reply #1

We had some great interactions - I'm glad that Enlilth forced you to let me into the Spire. Sorry I was such a crappy magistrate - I'm really not very good at playing Tribunal. None of those mistakes were on purpose. Thank you for all the chances, and I understand completely why I had to be booted.

Take care.

Fyeereth (Guest)Fri 22-May-09 01:54 PM

#80081, "RE: *ducks*"
In response to Reply #1

To echo everyone else, what a bastard.

For the major portion of Fyeereth's life, Iktul was the most influential factor. They butted heads all the time and still managed to cultivate a relationship anyway. All the drama was pretty entertaining and made for a couple insightful role entries, I guess.

I suppose I'll have more to say in my own death thread.

Tellik (Guest)Tue 26-May-09 07:55 PM

#80446, "RE: *ducks*"
In response to Reply #1

I've always been kind of curious how pissed you were about me overthrowing you for Kingpin. I had a blast with that vote. Haven't had that much of an adrenaline rush in a long time. For a while, I actually thought I might lose, but as it turned out, I think I managed to retain all of my pledged votes. I'm curious what your perspective on the whole thing was.

LhydiaTue 26-May-09 09:16 PM
2391 posts
#80454, "It was bugged."
In response to Reply #13

The Vote doesn't work right. I knew what you were doing and I knew I had a long time to let you donate a lot through other thieves. The vote was able to be called super early and I didn't actually get to finish my term and blackball you in time. I wasn't really pissed, just agitated at the system. Automation of things like that really lessens the experience all around. I'd rather wait 2 months to catch Corrlaan or Qaledus any day. Its right there in the same category as automated leader weapons. But yeah, I thought Tellik was sort of a waste of space. I don't see the point in your multiple hero playestyle. I'm glad your event worked out though, it sounded interesting.

Tellik (Guest)Wed 27-May-09 01:48 AM

#80491, "RE: It was bugged."
In response to Reply #14

Funny thing is, most of Tellik's life, he was my only hero, which is why he's aged so fast.

As far as the vote, it came on time. I know cause I was watching it. And I was being careful to not give you the chance to blackball me before the vote was called. Even if you finished your term and called the vote yourself, as soon as you did you wouldn't be able to blackball me (not counting the oversight that originally let you blackball someone involved in a vote).

ScrimbulTue 26-May-09 10:01 PM
Member since 22nd Apr 2003
884 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#80462, "Your sense of humor hasn't changed."
In response to Reply #1

What, six years and I can still go 'Yep, that's Lhydia.'

Everyone else, including the Imms thought you were a riot though, with the constant stream of sexual innuendo.

Take that how you will, I'm glad I never had to get on your bad side. This character was alot more entertaining to watch and fight alongside than Iltch was to fight against or observe.

There are strong conflict-of-interest RP reasons not to let leaders of thief guilds get cabal leader and vice versa, but you seem to be one of the shining examples of where manipulating the guild agenda to your advantage isn't necessarily a boring gamebreaker.

Sorry that Crashing got me down so much as Tenuc I didn't experiment with the build you gave me more. Since no one sane would fight me in the cities once they figured out I had HPM and entwine, it really limited my options since it was my first time playing the build. Had I kept on and found the right partner I could have legitimately killed either or both liches under the right circumstances. I laughed when you wanted to outfit me in enlarge armor and the Wand of Orcus as a mediocre giant with detect hidden.

In short, I did have fun, even if the jokes got tiresome.

Bard Repertoire Clarifications:
http://forums.carrionfields.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=6&topic_id=23735&mesg_id=23735&page=

LhydiaWed 27-May-09 06:22 AM
2391 posts
#80510, "I was a sad panda when Tenuc deleted."
In response to Reply #21

He was like my favorite ever. I knew that build was hot because I had just played it with Mueghlu, only non magic exotics are hard to come by. I had just planned to use tankards, but they were magical at the time.

We could have been an ugly pk combo, but as Provost I wasn't really allowed to pk for the fun of it. =(

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #80007 Previous topic | Next topic