Subject: "(CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Kale Jast the Partially Redeemed, R..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #79966
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 20-May-09 02:48 PM
Member since 03rd Oct 2024
17207 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#79966, "(CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Kale Jast the Partially Redeemed, Risen from the Tempest"

Wed May 20 14:47:31 2009

At 7 o'clock PM, Day of the Great Gods, 12th of the Month of the Sun
on the Theran calendar Kale perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:284

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Damn! That really sucks! I enjoyed our banterings!, Arrna (Guest), 20-May-09 04:51 PM, #5
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Kale Jast the Partially Redeeme..., Igsoeh, 20-May-09 04:19 PM, #3
Reply Haha, Malakhi (Guest), 20-May-09 05:59 PM, #6
Reply Great evil rp imo, Elorik (Guest), 20-May-09 08:36 PM, #7
Reply Oh no!, Gahdak (Guest), 20-May-09 08:44 PM, #8
Reply Sad to see you go., Kalageadon, 20-May-09 09:06 PM, #9
Reply One down...so many more to go!, Dierj (Guest), 20-May-09 11:04 PM, #10
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Kale Jast the Partially Redeeme..., Xelox (Guest), 20-May-09 11:30 PM, #11
Reply Curly Kale, Findo (Guest), 21-May-09 05:41 AM, #12
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Kale Jast the Partially Redeeme..., Dolce (Guest), 21-May-09 07:41 AM, #13
Reply Ugh..., Arriku (Guest), 21-May-09 09:05 AM, #14
Reply Nice work, Bartis (Guest), 21-May-09 11:19 AM, #15
Reply RE: Nice work, IgsoehKale (Guest), 21-May-09 01:18 PM, #16
Reply My take on Rager overpoweredness., IgsoehKale (Guest), 21-May-09 01:38 PM, #17
Reply Good job Kale., Senket (Guest), 22-May-09 10:59 AM, #18
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Kale Jast the Partially Redeeme..., Susubienko (Guest), 22-May-09 01:20 PM, #19
Reply Well Rped!, Yean, 23-May-09 02:25 AM, #20
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Kale Jast the Partially Redeeme..., Rogue, 23-May-09 12:16 PM, #21
Reply Great char, Woldrun (Guest), 25-May-09 06:58 PM, #22
Reply Awwww, who is going to take care of Arriku now? NT, Aeinrez (Guest), 20-May-09 03:28 PM, #2
Reply RE: Awwww, who is going to take care of Arriku now? NT, Igsoeh, 20-May-09 04:21 PM, #4
Reply Cut your hair, you freakin sissy!, Sarien, 20-May-09 03:25 PM, #1

Arrna (Guest)Wed 20-May-09 04:51 PM

#79979, "Damn! That really sucks! I enjoyed our banterings!"
In response to Reply #0

Really had some high hopes for cool interactions with you and Arriku.

Good luck with your next!

IgsoehWed 20-May-09 04:19 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
201 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#79970, "RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Kale Jast the Partially Redeeme..."
In response to Reply #0

Welp, 284 hours would make this the longest lived character I've ever had. After not playing for two years or so, I'd say that's not too shabby, considering I once con killed a character in like, 150 hours or something. I did get a nice extension at the end there, thanks to Kale's wife, and Padwei.

Anyway... so I get to San Diego at the end of March. I was supposed to be going to Afghanistan. They find out everything's not cool with my body, so they put me on med hold. I get sent to the transient unit to await my appointment. Which is two weeks away. They do this knowing full well that the Navy will probably cancel my orders and get some poor bastard who DIDN'T volunteer and make him/her go. I could have had this whole issue resolved in about four days, if they would have pushed me through. I'm 100% healthy, in full duty status now. It took them three weeks to figure that out. ####in Navy! On the good side, I got back into CF. I had absolutely nothing to do(I get off at like 1030 everyday) and they got a sweet computer lab. Soooo, Kale Jast was born. Kale is apparently some sort of cabbage, for you name googlers out there. I had no clue, it was a random generated name on KOTOR. I thought it was cool.

Overall, this was my most satisfying character as far as PK is concerned. I think it was my most deathful, and I know at least half of my deaths were because of my own overconfidence. A handful were of the ganged down flavor, some I was just outmatched, and some were fights that could go either way and I'd make a mistake, or a poor tactics choice, or RNG would #### me. There were a couple times I died to lag because I'm playing off the MudMagic telnet from this site after about 30-45 minutes of playtime #### gets laggy cause the buffer was gettin full. I missed a bunch of kills because of the telnet situation. I was a pretty ineffectual chaser, and think I could have sealed the deal alot more just with numberpad movement and being able to spam commands easily. Oh well. Three fights that pop out for the lag/telnet thing were Adekar(I think) on Calandryl where I died, Eterlu on the east road where I thirsted at the very end of the fight and killed her. For those of you that remember that log on Dio's, I wasn't AFK or link dead, just miserably lagged. I was so frustrated I just typed in cal blood and hoped for the best. Right after that fight I died to Arrna in almost the same spot. As for DB and rager powers.... I'll write a bit about what I think at the end of this post, so if you don't want to read it, you don't have to. I'm not gonna respond to anything about it here so if you've got an opinion that's cool, I'm just giving mine. Wow, this is a ramble. Still a huge Cry of Thunder fan, and soul of the mountain, although not all that cool, was pretty handy, I usually rocked around 1150 to 1250 hp my whole time at hero. My base was 1076. Nep, Cry of Thunder should still be an area yell warcry, no good reason except that it would be really cool. *shrug*

On redemption. Kale didn't really believe in redemption persay. He didn't really care about evil, or good, or anything like that. He just did bad ####, and had a murderous temper. I tried to push that through the character, just a bad guy, but a guy who was still human, and had human emotions. I'll talk about it a little more in Arriku's goodbye.

On to goodbyes.

IMMS
Yean- Thanks for bein cool, I liked you when you were mortal, and like you still. It's nice to have an active imm who does stuff like, make the destructor talk, pop up during arguments, you know an imm whose presence is felt. Thanks for everything you do with the village and keep it up. Also, thanks for the stuff with Kale and Arriku, you pushed that character into the whole marriage thing by egging him on early.

You-know-who- For you and whoever else is running this quest, great work. This is a blast. I REALLY wanted to stick around and see it through, but, you know, I like to fight, and so I die. And just so you know, I knew it was you the whole time. I read something somewhere, and then this stuff started happening and BAM! It hit me and I just knew. I'm looking forward to what's coming next.

Padwei- Thanks for the little partial redemption marriage operation. That was pretty cool. Also, it gave Kale an eye into how impressive magic was in the hands of the god. I tried to talk to a few people about it, but no one really wanted to. Thanks again.

Neltouda- Sorry I couldn't follow you, but like I said in the role, too much stuff going on and I didn't want to start reaching for things, and, Kale was kind of a loner sometimes, and that's not Nelly, I don't think. If it was you who gave me the tile, thanks, Risen from the Tempest was pretty cool. If it was someone else, thanks to you!

Imms in general- Great game as always, thanks for all the fun. Whoever gave me my sword skills back, you kept me from almost smashing my head into the wall. Thanks.

Battle

Gahdak- Beast! Kale's best friend. You really are a beast. Thanks for all the good times, and listening to Kale's hairbrained ideas, even when they got us killed. Keep up being a badass.

Bartis- Kale's other real friend in the village. You are badass too. You are making excellent use of your legacies, which showed when we fought in the arena. Makes me want to take your second one with my next character. Keep up the good work.

Woldrun- You are a badass. I get flashbacks of guys like Gre and Hunsobo watching you. Woldrun logs on. "I'm taking the key." Not WE are taking the key. "I'M" taking the key. Couple minutes later, we got the key. Great job. Good luck with what's coming.

Susubienko- You are also a badass. I really do wish we would have gotten that rematch in the Arena. You were just way too overmatched when you were distended. Kale didn't like you, especially at first, but that's because I think they had similiar personalities, kind of a take no #### I'm better than you deal going on. But he did respect your abilities. Keep it up!

Malthalia- You're badass too. I never really feared death when you were around, partially because you were a well played bard, and partially because I knew you would sacrifice yourself if it meant victory, and often it did, you would stay around and frustrate enemies long enough for the rest of us to clean them up. That big raid at the palace where I happened to get the killing blows on Dolce, Zwerg and Linden and we nearly got the lich was the perfect example of that. Well done and good luck.

Malakhi- You are just sick man, keep it up. Kale was a big Malakhi fan as well, cause you had "gotten it" as far as he was concerned with the whole good/evil thing. Keep being badass.

Aganthas- Also a gifted killer and man are you intense! Kale had to knock you down a peg or two a few times, cause you know, he was the crusty old veteran and you were the young upstart! My only piece of advice would be to tone down your advice, and how you give it sometimes. I know you're just trying to help everyone out, and you are giving good if not great advice, it's just sometimes, folks don't want to hear it you know? But, great character, I like the bat-angle RP. Keep it up.

Selene- You're sick, we didn't interact a ton, but you are a beast.

Lohik/(your last guy)- Thanks for writing those notes and stuff. You're gonna be a badass I think. You last guy was really cool and I'm bummed he's gone, but a defender is better than a berserker nowadays soooo, keep up the good work.

Rievar- You were a gifted killer, sorry things didn't work out.

Karako, Maug, Thrallin, Taalin, Scafferdous, Yazdren, Dargath, Raewol and anyone else I'm forgetting. Thanks for making the village fun. All of your different RP and backgrounds and skills all make this game so much fun. The imms do an awesome job, but it's the players that make this game REALLY fun. Thanks.

Nexus

I don't know what it is, I just hate Nexus. I hate it, I hate it, I hate it. Nothing against the imms or players, it's just one of those things. Like, I hate the Denver Broncos, I have no rhyme or reason, I just hate em.

Porenn- You are a great killer, but I hate your RP. It's headsmashing RP to me. Worse than Eulinda. But, you're consistent, so stick with it. I finally quit understimating you and said #### it, I'm thirsting, cause she's gonna break both my arms. Good job, nice and slippery too, don't think I ever got you.

Eterlu- You are learning a ton, huge improvements from when I first started fightingyou, and you probably benefitted the most from my own overconfidence. Keep it up, and I'm glad you seem to gang less now. Also, I liked your taunting, and it made me chuckle after I threw out all the comebacks and you were like "Uhh, I'm doing the taunting here, and you're ruining all my fun."

Mirfalaus- I don't know what it was, but Kale really owned you, maybe it was situations, or maybe you don't prep enough, I don't know. I also never really interacted with you. Keep at it though.

Barkral- Man, just a rough matchup for you without preps. Good fights, and you are a solo fighter, props for that.

Bubw- You have learned the trick for rangers. But try and adapt, because it won't work forever. Good job.

Conjurer from the mid-thirties- Lots of good fights.

Zardala- You were a mean fight. Good job. I was not sorry to see you go.

Scion

Ikanu- You were a badass Mek. I always liked to brag about when I beat you in Udgaard. As far as I'm concerned that was in my top five most rewarding kills, and the toughest kill I ever got.

Tameron- Special mention cause you killed me last. I was so pissed when I destroyed your corpse on Calandryl just before that! Oh well. Good job and I hope you're a good, sneaky, devious, murderous Chancellor.

Caztor, Dierj and Findo to an extent- Great fights, keep it up.

Mizheng- I think we only actually fought once and I sent you packing. Your tactic for getting back the scepter was both impressive and extrememly frustrating, especially when it catches you off guard.

Kardulak, Dhurzoth- Get out and fight.

Empire

Kale was not a big Empire fighter, the only reason he would want to fight them is because of the lich. Would someone in the Empire get sneaky and oust the Lich already!!! But, we did have some good fights anyway...

Xelox- One of Kale's few friends. I liked our dynamic, and wish that one thing with the thing would have worked out like we planned. Oh well. Get around more and kick some ass.

Dolce- You're a beast, keep it up. You hammered me in that one on one.

Senket- You're badass too, seems like you have excellent knowledge of preps, and you had some pretty sick sets early on. Keep it up.

Dten- Stupid healer. I hate healers. You did pretty good.

Ahtieli- For some reason, I just don't fear you. I remember being scared to fight liches with previous characters. I guess I do fear the gang with you, but if I would have found you alone, I would have chased after you(as long as I had the head of course). Whatever you're doing is working though, so, keep it up.

Veriak- Stupid thieves. Good job.

Uhh, I'm sure I'm forgetting some. But, and this is a blanket statement. There are some real quality players in Empire. I'm not sure why you all feel the need to gang so much. And I'm not talking about one guy and the healer. I'm talking MASSIVE gangs. I don't think I died to any gangs away from the ruins, cause I would just run, I may be a risk taker in a lot of fights, but I'm not suicidal. Senket, Xelox, and Dolce all proved that with some preps, you can kill villagers solo. So learn from them, and get out there and do it.

Fortress-

Sarien- Sorry we never got to fight, pretty sure you would have beat me. Excellent RP with our "situation". In the end, Kale was the winner I think. I hope you're a good Imm, and kind of wish we would have had more chances to interact. Well done imming and good luck.

Zaknifal- You owned me pretty well. I really hope your RP is an arrogant ####head, cause if it's the player bleeding through, then boooo. But if it's truly the RP, then I commend you for being consistent. A very good PKer though, as far as I'm concerned.

Other assorted Paladins- Had good talks with most of you, and it was just a bad matchup for me, I don't think I ever killed any of you, even though I did send a couple of you packing here and there. For the most part you didn't gang, except for one of you, and that is good, because your build certainly doesn't have to.

Storm warriors- Good fights, some solid talks. Another bad matchup for me for some reason. I think not being able to disarm pikes hurt me more than once.

Kasir- Stupid thieves. Good job.

As for the five person Kale beatdown in Dranettie. BOOOOOO. That was seriously weak sauce and one of the few times I really got angry about anything. I was furious. The best was when a few of the characters involved would later tell Kale they were "honorable" fighters. Heh, riiiiight. Go join the lich.

Others-

Satebos- Great fight in Arkham. Wish I would have been able to use hammers at that point, because I think I could've taken you. Sorry we didn't interact much. I hope you score a bunch of phylacteries and take the other lich down in a do or die match for all the evil marbles!

Adeglicfh- Thanks for comin out to fight. Mummy I think is a bad matchup for villagers, cause spellbane worked a bunch with you. Keep up what you're doing though.

Friends-

Arriku- Awesome job! I've always wanted to do a love story type of thing in CF. One with sadness, and pain, and happiness, and all that. Not just your typical get married cause you're a herald, and she's a herald, and ####, why not?! This couldn't have worked out better. An Udgaardian who was loyaly devoted to his city, hated paladins his whole life.... falls in love with a paladin. Perfect. Kale's RP was the charming, suave evil guy, cause I was gonna make him a Neltouda follower. So when he saw you sitting there, it was natural for him to see a sexy lady, so to speak. But, as things went it grew and a friendship developed, and Yean egged him on, and he wanted to spite Sarien, and then, well, everyone knows the rest. It was easy to change it to a love at first sight type of thing for him, cause you know, that makes for a better story. Anyway, sorry he's gone, I'd like to be around to see how Arriku handles this, cause that's more of the story you know? Maybe I'll roll up a Herald just to see....

Derieag and Fyeerth- Great RP, thanks for the fun times and good luck with the upcoming action.

Wow, that was long. Uhh, if I forgot you, sorry. I'll post my thought about the rager overpoweredness stuff under this thread after I catch my breath. Thanks again for a great game and all the fun everyone. I got two months before I go on deployment, so that should be just enough time to con kill a character in about 200 hours or so. Just look for the corpses!!!

Igsoeh Darkstorm
Iomyndor
Ildareen
Ulthinius
Aelisoc Venator
Jeir Govanion
Eled ibn Llibani
Istilion Ar-Ostoeldarin and now
Kale Jast

Malakhi (Guest)Wed 20-May-09 05:59 PM

#79985, "Haha"
In response to Reply #3

I love your POV on the village - basically we're all a bunch of sick badasses that run amok . So KJ was great, and I'm glad I had the opportunity play the game with you. You did a very good job of creating this tangible presence. For the longest time I didn't acknowledge mace was your 2nd spec because I had this sharp mental image of a suave oily mustached guy with two dark hued swords. It helped that you didn't use the maces much...

Good luck and I'm looking forward to KJ #2.

Elorik (Guest)Wed 20-May-09 08:36 PM

#79988, "Great evil rp imo"
In response to Reply #3

Only talked to you once, but your responses were perfect for your char. Well done sir. Was looking forward to pestering you some more.

Gahdak (Guest)Wed 20-May-09 08:44 PM

#79989, "Oh no!"
In response to Reply #3

Who is gonna get me into horrible situations that look absolutely hopeless, and yet get me back out again somehow?!

Bleh, you were AWSOME, a palpable presence in the village that influenced everything and everyone. Thank you for playing a villager while I did and thank you for the steller RP and running with me, it was a pleasure my friend.

Good luck with everything in the military and I wish you the best.

KalageadonWed 20-May-09 09:06 PM
Member since 23rd Oct 2003
1049 posts
#79990, "Sad to see you go."
In response to Reply #3

Darn I haven interacted with like four of your past chars you just listed
and I was really hoping I could again with Kale. From what I heard you were
a pretty cool fella and as a very young village wannabe got to see it once
or twice. I do wish I could have had some time to spend with you cause dualing
is one of my favorite things to do in the village. Anyway GLWYN.

ps. I'm also navy, currently home station in DC.

Dierj (Guest)Wed 20-May-09 11:04 PM

#79993, "One down...so many more to go!"
In response to Reply #3

You guys sure make things tough on a couple of lone evil dudes. We had a lot of fights and it was usually pretty fun. For the most part if I was prepared you weren't a problem alone. I just think your weapon and legacy choices weren't suited to fighting me. We did have some great ones though and I hope you come back with something cool. Thanks for what you do for our country be serving in the military, I appreciate it.

Xelox (Guest)Wed 20-May-09 11:30 PM

#79995, "RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Kale Jast the Partially Redeeme..."
In response to Reply #3

I'll say, I enjoyed Kale probably more than any other current living character. I really liked our interactions and thought you had a great attitude and were just all around a real standout. Good luck with your next - I wish I could have been around more lately.

Findo (Guest)Thu 21-May-09 05:41 AM

#79997, "Curly Kale"
In response to Reply #3

I must admit I saw the name and hoped an Imm would rename you Curly Kale. I didn't google it but my grandmother really liked it as a veg when I was a kid. I hated the stuff! Kale was a decent villager and always ready to mix it up which pleased Findo as he is a little bit mental himself. I would sometimes use wands and sometimes not and the times of not using them often meant a death to deathblow but it is Findo's way. I had such a laugh last night when you were after me in the desert and I was sneaking about, biting you, fleeing, comng back and standing next to you as you scanned for me and wandered off. Porenn was looking at me and I just kept under your radar. Most fun I had with Findo in a while.

GLWYN

Dolce (Guest)Thu 21-May-09 07:41 AM

#79998, "RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Kale Jast the Partially Redeeme..."
In response to Reply #3

I figured something like this would come soon - I definitely saw you as a ghost an awful lot... but as long as it jives with your playstyle, that's cool. I've played villagers where I've burned through con just as fast, and it really is a fun ride playing that way.

You were a fun fight - any time someone fights a bloodthirsting/deathblowing fellow it's going to be a nice adrenalin rush (and NO I don't think it's OP... though I still always curse when a well placed vuln-hitting DB hits me for <<ANNIALATES>>>, youch.)

As far as Empire ganks are concerned, I think there are situations where I feel ganks are warranted and cool (more from a RP perspective than an power-trippy one), and other times where I feel they're not. And because of that, I bet there's people who think I'm ganky, and others who don't - I'm ok with that

GLWYN.

Arriku (Guest)Thu 21-May-09 09:05 AM

#80001, "Ugh..."
In response to Reply #3

There just wasn't any way I was going to be able to convince you to delete with that 1 death left, happily retire and leave Arri with her happily ever after, now was there?? Then again, having the love of her life up and die on her pretty much fits in with her role perfectly. When Kale first started talking to Arri, Sarien kept saying "He's obviously interested in you" and of course naive Arri was like "What? No, that would be silly, why in the world would he be??" And then Kale starts busting out his I love yous and...ohhh the drama. But it was fun! The whole thing was a lot of crazy, melodramatic fun. And you're right, it all played out perfectly.

So I think I'm a little bit like Padwei in that I associate music with people and important events, so Arri has a little soundtrack. Kale has four songs on it.

Their getting to know and care about each other song: Clint Black's Like the Rain

Arriku's effort to redeem Kale song: The Cardigan's My Favorite Game

Kale leaving Arriku song: Melissa Etheridge's Ain't That Enough

And lastly Beyonce's Halo, it just fits the way she felt about him in the end after all the redemption stuff.

I'll probably say more when Arriku's finished, so I'll just end it with good luck on your next.

Bartis (Guest)Thu 21-May-09 11:19 AM

#80004, "Nice work"
In response to Reply #3

Kale was great. A definate close friend of Bartis'. I am only disappointed that I didn't get to talk to you more about what was going on RP wise with your character. I kind of wanted to hear the story from you about you being evil and having a pally wife etc... Other than that you had a tough character and it was well played RP wise from everything I saw. What did you think about the sword mace combo? Were you a strength build or a dex build?

Anyways, great job and good luck with the next!

IgsoehKale (Guest)Thu 21-May-09 01:18 PM

#80005, "RE: Nice work"
In response to Reply #15

I think the combo worked fine. I didn't get to explore maces as much as I would have liked because of the redemption deal. I'm a HUGE sword fan, I'm pretty sure all my warriors are sword spec, cause it's so versatile and I just think all the spec skills are really cool. Except for double thrust. Once you have enough hit points to eat three or four lagged rounds, IMO you may as well just flurry. Cross is my absolute favorite skill in the whole game and I always think it's awesome when someone's nose explodes on a good cross. I took maces to be able to lag protected mages, boneshatter folks, and take advantage of blunt vulns on gnome mages. I practiced but rarely used backhand/dent/shield deflect(none of those in PK). For me, it was more of a utility to set up a kill with my swords than anything. I was a strength build and was happy with it overall.

IgsoehKale (Guest)Thu 21-May-09 01:38 PM

#80006, "My take on Rager overpoweredness."
In response to Reply #3

I said I'd write something about it but I just don't have the energy to enter the debate. DB and thirst are not overpowered. It's all about matchups. Have fun in the fields!

Senket (Guest)Fri 22-May-09 10:59 AM

#80063, "Good job Kale."
In response to Reply #3

Sorry I personally took about a point of con from you, but damn you were sneaky.

good job, come on back, stay safe.

Susubienko (Guest)Fri 22-May-09 01:20 PM

#80076, "RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Kale Jast the Partially Redeeme..."
In response to Reply #3

>Susubienko- You are also a badass. I really do wish we would
>have gotten that rematch in the Arena. You were just way too
>overmatched when you were distended. Kale didn't like you,
>especially at first, but that's because I think they had
>similiar personalities, kind of a take no #### I'm better than
>you deal going on. But he did respect your abilities. Keep
>it up!

I really warmed up to Kale over the duration. You never complained when you fell, you never bossed people around, you always had an interesting word or two on whatever the topic was at hand, and you always stood up and got counted when the whole "I'm a woman, dammit!" challenge went out on cb. Some funny one liners from you. As a rager I thought you were solid, dependable and relatively lethal; hopefully you get your pbf so we can see just how much so. But I would guess a good number, I saw you kick some ass often enough.

Make another rager now, we're losing people left and right! And make a defender, we need more.

YeanSat 23-May-09 02:25 AM
Member since 23rd Jan 2007
275 posts
#80121, "Well Rped!"
In response to Reply #3

>Yean- Thanks for bein cool, I liked you when you were mortal,
>and like you still. It's nice to have an active imm who does
>stuff like, make the destructor talk, pop up during arguments,
>you know an imm whose presence is felt. Thanks for everything
>you do with the village and keep it up. Also, thanks for the
>stuff with Kale and Arriku, you pushed that character into the
>whole marriage thing by egging him on early.

Hey good char, well rped and I liked how he matured into being an elder member of the cabal after awhile. And all I made was one joke about stealing women or something and you took it seriously :p

I wanted to spend more time talking with you whenever you visited, but you always seemed to catch me at the busiest time..so do excuse the long bouts of silence from time to time. Also, respects to sticking to your role and playing it out til the end..specless rager warrior must have been frustrating.

RogueSat 23-May-09 12:16 PM
Member since 24th Sep 2003
718 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#80132, "RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Kale Jast the Partially Redeeme..."
In response to Reply #3

"Rievar- You were a gifted killer, sorry things didn't work out."

Thanks Kale, for the comment. I've been vigilant in
improving that aspect of my play for some time.

I chose you as a mentor early on because you always
had something ready to say if I engaged with you,
and were landing PK's while wanted when we were both
fairly young. Thanks for givin me someone to look up
to in the village as I tried to skirt the lines.

Woldrun (Guest)Mon 25-May-09 06:58 PM

#80303, "Great char"
In response to Reply #3

Sometimes great chars aren't memorable for pkwins, for leadership, for vastly interesting roleplay ideas...they are just a great char. I think Kale fit that description.

The Udgaardian-soldier-makes-good-and-joins-the-Village slant was cool. Then when you started turning away from evil, that added a whole new direction. I loved making "Arriku jokes" to you. The last one was my favorite:

Kale tells you 'I will be on the Thundering Maiden, if I am needed sir."

You tell Kale 'That's what you call Arriku?'

The best part about Kale, I thought, was that you didn't shy away from where your role was taking you, even though you knew it was going to end up with you losing your specs. And then, when it happened, you stuck with it for a few days (thankfully someone gave you some/all of them back to some extent, I could tell it was starting to get to you).

Good job. Great villager. Good luck with the next.

Aeinrez (Guest)Wed 20-May-09 03:28 PM

#79968, "Awwww, who is going to take care of Arriku now? NT"
In response to Reply #0

NT

IgsoehWed 20-May-09 04:21 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
201 posts
#79971, "RE: Awwww, who is going to take care of Arriku now? NT"
In response to Reply #2

Heh, Kale made someone promise to watch out for her, and he hired sneaky kobold assassins in case any Marans try to bother her!!! Good talks, not sure we fought except that one time. Have fun!

SarienWed 20-May-09 03:25 PM
Member since 14th Feb 2009
740 posts
#79967, "Cut your hair, you freakin sissy!"
In response to Reply #0

Whats wrong with you kids these days anyways?

Kidding,

I enjoyed our verbal quibs a good deal. Unfortunately, I heroimmed and never got to wrath you in the face...repeatedly . I hope you had a good ride, and good luck with your next.

-Sarien

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #79966 Previous topic | Next topic