Subject: "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Eolin the Master of Faith" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #79954
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 20-May-09 08:16 AM
Member since 03rd Oct 2024
17207 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#79954, "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Eolin the Master of Faith"

Wed May 20 08:15:30 2009

At 2 o'clock AM, Day of Deception, 16th of the Month of the Dragon
on the Theran calendar Eolin perished, never to return.

Race:storm
Class:shaman
Level:49
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:75

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Yeah, Aarn, 20-May-09 10:37 AM, #1
     Reply RE: Yeah, Senket (Guest), 20-May-09 10:48 AM, #2
     Reply RE: Yeah, Aarn, 20-May-09 04:54 PM, #12
     Reply Gah! And you too?, Aeinrez (Guest), 20-May-09 11:59 AM, #3
     Reply RE: Gah! And you too?, Aarn, 20-May-09 04:50 PM, #11
     Reply Will be missed, Rhaehen (Guest), 20-May-09 12:02 PM, #4
     Reply RE: Will be missed, Aarn, 20-May-09 04:47 PM, #10
     Reply RE: Yeah, Isildur, 20-May-09 12:16 PM, #5
     Reply RE: Yeah, Aarn, 20-May-09 04:46 PM, #9
          Reply RE: Yeah, Isildur, 20-May-09 05:36 PM, #14
               Reply RE: Yeah, Aarn, 20-May-09 06:02 PM, #15
     Reply Its a shame, stxt, Feldern (Guest), 20-May-09 02:23 PM, #6
     Reply RE: Its a shame, stxt, Aarn, 20-May-09 04:40 PM, #8
     Reply Oh no! I liked you :(, Nian (Guest), 20-May-09 03:32 PM, #7
     Reply RE: Oh no! I liked you :(, Aarn, 20-May-09 04:56 PM, #13
     Reply Bummer!, Raner (Guest), 21-May-09 05:30 AM, #16

AarnWed 20-May-09 10:37 AM
Member since 04th Feb 2005
566 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#79955, "Yeah"
In response to Reply #0

Well, my second attempt at a character in the last three years comes to an end. This one started out as more fun than I've had in a long time, but that died out as I neared hero. I never seemed to click with any of the other Fort members, I wasn't really following a religion, and PKing as a shaman is tricky business that rapidly got tedious. If I ever do another shaman, I might try a smarter race that will have a bit more mana. Crappy skills + crappy mana pool seemed to offset giant resist for me, for the most part.

The one comment I'll make, is I can't believe the level of whining and complaining that goes on these days, amongst enemies. This is a new thing since the last time I played, at least on this scale (there was always SOME complaining, of course). If I rot you, don't send me a thinly-veiled IC tell to bitch about it. Rot is a shamans strongest power, you expect him not to use it? Even if you don't like it, take it to the forums.

Also, not looting all the things from a dead foes corpse is an OOC thing - IC most characters would have no reason to leave you with gear. But, if you just keep quiet about it while quietly returning the favor, there's no problem just sort of turning a blind eye to the fact that we're all leaving gear in each other's corpses. But you have to understand, you're not ####ing entitled to it. If you get full-looted IC, just shut up and get revenge later.

That said, I only rotted like four people and none died, and the two times I died in PK, to large groups of Imperials during raid situations, they were amazingly courteous about leaving me with gear, so thanks for that.

Anyway, I do feel the hook in my mouth, tugging me to keep playing (why did I use a fishing analogy? I hate fishing). It'll be tough to juggle, since my summer schedule is a bear, but I'll probably be back. I'm an extremely conservative player by nature, and I can play almost anything and virtually never die. I don't kill a lot either, as a direct result of that. When I do get another character going, my goal is going to be to try to overcome that.

Aarn

Senket (Guest)Wed 20-May-09 10:48 AM

#79956, "RE: Yeah"
In response to Reply #1

I really liked Eolin - fought you a couple of times, and you made the low-int shaman rough.

Glad to hear you're still around and kicking, good sir. Still recalling the days of Drenalin and my rager. Well played!

AarnWed 20-May-09 04:54 PM
566 posts
#79980, "RE: Yeah"
In response to Reply #2

I took a certain edge just because of you.

Also, I respected you for that last fight we had east of Voralian. We each had a big crew of allies logged on, but you and I ran in to each other solo, and fought each other solo for a fair length of time without calling in the gank.

Also, I can't believe out of all the characters I've played, you bring up that one! I know Drenalin (or however it was spelled) got leader of battle, but he was not a character of mine that I consider particularly noteworthy or successful.

Aarn

Aeinrez (Guest)Wed 20-May-09 11:59 AM

#79960, "Gah! And you too?"
In response to Reply #1

I'm so going to punch you.

I liked your speech, btw.

AarnWed 20-May-09 04:50 PM
566 posts
#79978, "RE: Gah! And you too?"
In response to Reply #3

I was sorry I never got to know you and the other hero crew in Fort real well... maybe I don't play enough to really integrate with friends. I don't have the play time I did 15 years ago.

As for the speech, I'm a big fan of having speech tics of some sort. It helps me immerse a little more in the character. It's a little hard to be consistent, particularly in high-stress moments, but what can you do.

Aarn

Rhaehen (Guest)Wed 20-May-09 12:02 PM

#79961, "Will be missed"
In response to Reply #1

Sorry to see him gone, and wish things would have worked out a bit better for me in my goals so I could have done a bit more to level up and stick with you a bit more.

Had fun talking with you, and the bit of running around we did. Thanks a lot or all the help as well.

AarnWed 20-May-09 04:47 PM
566 posts
#79977, "RE: Will be missed"
In response to Reply #4

I was thrilled I got a chance to help you look for a few wands! I'm terrible at finding wands and at playing mages. Of course none of the places I thought to look in had your wands in them, but at least I got some explore xp out of it.

IsildurWed 20-May-09 12:16 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
#79962, "RE: Yeah"
In response to Reply #1

I liked Eolin, just based on the interview.

>another shaman, I might try a smarter race that will have a
>bit more mana. Crappy skills + crappy mana pool seemed to
>offset giant resist for me, for the most part.

Only shaman I've had was a duergar with black channel. I'm not sure how non-Empire duergar shamans manage.

>The one comment I'll make, is I can't believe the level of
>whining and complaining that goes on these days, amongst

Agreed. Though, in many cases, the complaints are IMHO justified. Case in point...

>If I rot you, don't send me a thinly-veiled IC tell
>to bitch about it. Rot is a shamans strongest power, you
>expect him not to use it?

There are certain shamans that over-use rot. As in, they'll try to rot you in every single PK encounter, almost without exception. That's stupid, and I can definitely see mocking the shaman for it in an entirely IC way.

AarnWed 20-May-09 04:46 PM
566 posts
#79976, "RE: Yeah"
In response to Reply #5

I'm not saying the points of the complaints aren't justified. It's just completely inappropriate to bring them up in character.

I never full-loot anyone, but I recognize that it's an OOC thing, and I have no IC basis to complain about it if someone does it to me. Of course it pisses me off, I just bite my tongue and save it for their death thread or something.

As for rotting, I used it four times, against four separate individuals, and I got IC complaints two of those times. But even if I spammed it all the time like a lamer, it's hard to see the IC justification to complain about it - my character wants to destroy his enemies. The complaint it perfectly legitimate - it would be lame to spam rot all the time on everyone - but it's an OOC complaint, and should remain OOC.

Anyway, like I said in your thread, I was sorry I didn't get to run around with Kasir. I'm not sure I've ever had a mortal that ran with one of your characters... maybe one day!

Aarn

IsildurWed 20-May-09 05:36 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
#79984, "RE: Yeah"
In response to Reply #9

You transferred and cranialed me once, because I was either stalking or assassinated someone in your shrine. Heh. Some healer.

AarnWed 20-May-09 06:02 PM
566 posts
#79986, "RE: Yeah"
In response to Reply #14

Sorry.

Feldern (Guest)Wed 20-May-09 02:23 PM

#79965, "Its a shame, stxt"
In response to Reply #1

I know I enjoyed your presence, and felt like we clicked at least. Good luck with your next character, and glad to see you're still mucking about in the mud.

AarnWed 20-May-09 04:40 PM
566 posts
#79975, "RE: Its a shame, stxt"
In response to Reply #6

Hah, I was wondering where you went! Did you know I carried around that ragged cloak of mine for like... I dunno, almost forever... so I could give it to you next I saw you? At one point I even had two of them.

Nian (Guest)Wed 20-May-09 03:32 PM

#79969, "Oh no! I liked you :("
In response to Reply #1

I had to leave behind many a friend now, but ofcourse there's new people to meet and hang around with. You were definitely one of the guys I would have liked to see go all the way, so it's a shame you didn't. Ah well ...

See you with the next!

AarnWed 20-May-09 04:56 PM
566 posts
#79981, "RE: Oh no! I liked you :("
In response to Reply #7

As I mentioned elsewhere in the thread, I was sorry I didn't really get to know the current group of heroes in the Fort very well, and I certainly include you among them. Thanks for the ranking help. I think when Andaren wrote the mount, he said to himself "Well, how can I make an area for Fort to rank in..."

Aarn

Raner (Guest)Thu 21-May-09 05:30 AM

#79996, "Bummer!"
In response to Reply #1

I liked you, I always like the strong silent type Fortmember.

Just seems like they're more deathful haha.

Have interacted with you many times over the years as IMM to Mort.

Very glad to see your about.

Come back to the Fort!!

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #79954 Previous topic | Next topic