Subject: "So long fort" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #79692
Show all folders

Maktess (Guest)Sun 10-May-09 08:59 PM

#79692, "So long fort"

Long-ish ride considering I haven't played anything in fort since my last maran who only got it only by being involved in the 4th age quest or whatever it was.

Short of it is, I really don't play goodies too well. I tried to be a respectable goodie, considering my last decent maran was bordering neutral.

This was a fun ride, enemies were all intresting. Not everyone had sweet RP but there was definatly some of that Due unto others etc, looting which is fine with me.

Started a new char, so I felt he was just turning into THAT fortie hording all the nice #### that rarely logs in.

Anyway, goodbyes

Iunna, I uh, I'm sorry I wasted your time really. My role kinda sucked, I had some good ideas on the start but I realised when you asked me all those good questions that well really I didn't have anything at all to go on. So thanks for making me think.

Baer, Seriously blew me away when you gave me maran despite me being certain Xameken would knock it out of the park before I ever got up off my ass. Can't say we really talked otherwise, but at times it feels like thats your style.

Other imms. We've had our differences I won't deny that. I know atleast I've admitted I've probably said a few things I shouldn't have. But despite my detractions I still have to admit, this is a awesome game, especially considering its state of freeness. Your time and effort is greatly appreciated despite my and some others seeming perpetual groaning.

Now moving onto to players

Fort
#### there where alot of you, I'll try and mention who really sticks out to me from leveling and what not

Adekar Have to admit, I was jealous to see you get maran at a lower level than me, but I also can't deny your awesomeness in RP and the little bit I saw of your Pk. Rock it out man

Angarn you were fun to rank up with, I was sad to see you fade away

Humbert Man, fighting you as Waris I had alot of respect for you, that made it all the more fun to teach you a few things and generally hang out with you. Awesome character, undeniably.

Sarien Great leader, though an overly nice guy in Maktesses opinion. Glad to see you imm

Lortas Stiff necked elf, you really conflicted with my chaotic nature and I could tell we often stepped on each others toes RPly speaking. But you were a awesome friend and it was fun overcoming our differences to fight for the same goals, you helped shape my RP even if Maktess thought you were stubborn bastard he thought of you as a close friend.

Kasir Dude, I knew it was you when you mentioned something to me about not stealing for the sake of stealing. I can't say I got to see that much of Miz, aside from you kicking my ass solo when I was running through almost everyone else. Another character I enjoyed running with greatly, hope you learned something cool! You taught me something hilarously.

Xamaken Man, with your form combos, I still don't get how you don't rack up the kills, but what do I know. All the shapeshifters I ever hung with had despoil and nightwalkers. Good luck with whatever you have going on in the background

Empire
Can't say I had any repeat foes, a few names come to mind.
Dolce, sorry you never got a chance to take your bracelets back after I ganged you down that time. Seriously didn't expect you guys to bring the fight to us at the outers nor our sudden backup.

Xelox. Clever bastard, almost got me, thats all I'll say.

Zerrela tried to talk to you, oh well. We had a decent fight that time, too bad I didn't kill you too. I wanted revenge pretty badly.

Battle

Woldrun, man wow. You remind me of Acaga in so many ways, but aren't him in so many others. Great char and RP. Loved you as Anckree and even when you smoked me on Calandryl I was laughing, what kinda dumbass doesn't dual wield swords against a crashing bash spec with DB?

Other various berserkers I ganged or tried to run down with entwine and ubber prep. You guys have it rough, tried to show respect to you when I could. Despite the two man tagteams.

Scion
Ikanu. Damn hummingbird grizzly. I cheered everytime I made you fly away, and that eyejab that one time. Seriously what are the odds?

Tameron Dierj. Eh. Brave I'll give you that?

Heralds
Fyeereth, man when I put two and two together with your husband I had a hard time figuring out how to talk to you. But I think it added a wierd pressure to our conversations. Great char, and sorry for leaving all the Iunna cheering up to you!

Arriku, You were fun to run with, superb RP. I don't think I could ever play something as disarmingly polite. Hope atleast you enjoyed our rare conversations, damn those maranly duties!

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply I'm going to miss my big brother., Aeinrez (Guest), 12-May-09 05:39 PM, #23
Reply RE: So long fort, Xamekan (Guest), 12-May-09 02:27 PM, #22
Reply RE: So long fort, Nian (Guest), 12-May-09 11:52 AM, #21
Reply RE: So long fort, Ikanu (Guest), 11-May-09 03:52 PM, #20
Reply Nice, Woldrun (Guest), 11-May-09 11:01 AM, #15
Reply RE: Nice, Maktess (Guest), 11-May-09 11:08 AM, #17
     Reply RE: Nice, Isildur, 11-May-09 12:18 PM, #19
Reply RE: So long fort, Zwerg (Guest), 11-May-09 10:44 AM, #14
Reply RE: So long fort, Maktess (Guest), 11-May-09 11:06 AM, #16
     Reply RE: So long fort, Zwerg (Guest), 11-May-09 11:23 AM, #18
Reply RE: So long fort, Arriku (Guest), 11-May-09 09:41 AM, #13
Reply RE: So long fort, Sarien, 11-May-09 09:12 AM, #12
Reply Aaw, I was hoping to fight alongside you some..., Arrna (Guest), 11-May-09 06:17 AM, #11
Reply RE: So long fort, Adekar (Guest), 10-May-09 11:04 PM, #10
Reply RE: So long fort, Humbert (Guest), 10-May-09 09:53 PM, #7
Reply Ah...man I can see you as Waris., Dierj (Guest), 10-May-09 09:43 PM, #4
Reply RE: Ah...man I can see you as Waris., Maktess (Guest), 10-May-09 09:50 PM, #6
Reply Good character..., Vythigor (Guest), 10-May-09 09:42 PM, #3
Reply RE: So long fort, Isildur, 10-May-09 09:38 PM, #2
Reply The watch thing of all things, Maktess (Guest), 10-May-09 09:48 PM, #5
     Reply RE: The watch thing of all things, Isildur, 10-May-09 10:18 PM, #9
Reply Bummer., Iunna, 10-May-09 09:34 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Bummer., Maktess (Guest), 10-May-09 09:59 PM, #8

Aeinrez (Guest)Tue 12-May-09 05:39 PM

#79747, "I'm going to miss my big brother."
In response to Reply #0

You were a real step up from Waris, whom I liked but not to the extent of Maktess.

Way to challenge yourself.

Fortress will miss you.

Xamekan (Guest)Tue 12-May-09 02:27 PM

#79744, "RE: So long fort"
In response to Reply #0

Thanks for some kind words. I liked Maktess and thought you would be the next Captain. I wish we'd gotten to explore together more because you definitely know some places I don't.

I'll try and rack up a few more kills for you. More on that when I'm done, and good luck with your next!

Nian (Guest)Tue 12-May-09 11:52 AM

#79740, "RE: So long fort"
In response to Reply #0

For some reason we did not really interact beyond the casual. We went out sometimes, chatted over the cb and all that, but never all that thoroughly. There was no big purpose or reason behind it, just never happened. But that's the way of things, can't hang around with everyone .

I think you Maran'd relatively quickly, but that didn't surprise me. You seemed rather competent and able to handle yourself.

See you with the next!

Ikanu (Guest)Mon 11-May-09 03:52 PM

#79718, "RE: So long fort"
In response to Reply #0

You were pretty damn tough there towards the end, my friend. All of you thick-skinned giants with protection and stoneskin give us shapeshifters fits, you realize?

Come on back to the dark side.

Woldrun (Guest)Mon 11-May-09 11:01 AM

#79711, "Nice"
In response to Reply #0

You had, as others have mentioned, a semi-laid-back style about you. I often wondered if this was a skilled player who was just letting the game come to him, or a relative newbie who found a powerful combo for the first time. After grouping with you for that trip to dragon-slay, I realized it was the former, not the latter.

I (the player) felt a little bad about the scene on the mount but while Woldrun expects to get ganged, it bothers him the most when non-enemies (i.e. Fort) gang his men. Not enough to start taking all your magical stuff and tossing it to Tahren though. Damn your corpse was humming and glowing with all that stuff in it. Heh.

Very nice work. GLWYN.

Maktess (Guest)Mon 11-May-09 11:08 AM

#79713, "RE: Nice"
In response to Reply #15

Heh. Yah I remember talking to Lortas about attacking your group. We decided to gungho it regardless of the chances. I wasn't too worried about you guys looting me, to be honest it would have probably kept me around a little longer =P.
As I said, I was laughing pretty hard when I realised what a idiot I was, no enlarge.. no aura.. no noremove sword. Must have smoked the good stuff before that fight.

IsildurMon 11-May-09 12:18 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#79715, "RE: Nice"
In response to Reply #17

I was pretty upset when all you guys died, since I was left as the only non-ghost hero fort guy. Which basically sent up the "Hey, come raid us!" signal to whatever enemy heros happened to be online. (Think it was Scion at the time.)

Zwerg (Guest)Mon 11-May-09 10:44 AM

#79710, "RE: So long fort"
In response to Reply #0

That kill and full loot in Palace realy pissed me off. Damn the wife choosing so bad timing to return from work And I never got a chance to even fight you once more. Anyway from what few I saw you could be damn hard foe. Heh knowing you were Waris good chances I'd be screwed trying to get my revenge. GLWYN I guess.

Maktess (Guest)Mon 11-May-09 11:06 AM

#79712, "RE: So long fort"
In response to Reply #14

What little I took I wouldn't call a full loot since everything I took from you, you took from me moments before =P,

Of course there is a death thread I'm waiting on before saying anything else. As you remember I had two sneaking allies with me.

Zwerg (Guest)Mon 11-May-09 11:23 AM

#79714, "RE: So long fort"
In response to Reply #16

I know. I was more pissed with my death there as I was semi-afk runing from my comp to entrance door and way back like three or four times as I couldn't open the door with one attempt Should have just quaf teleport and drop link though. And that elf, yeah I got him later. So no hard feelings.

Arriku (Guest)Mon 11-May-09 09:41 AM

#79709, "RE: So long fort"
In response to Reply #0

Thank you so much for the compliment and the kind words. I'm trying something different with this character and I've had some successes and some not so successes, but more on that when I kick it. I really liked Maktess, you had this kind of calm bad ass aura about you that just seemed completely effortless and very cool. Running around with you was awesome though there were times I wanted to yell HOLD ON so I could figure out what you were doing and learn that one particular area a little better, but that would have gone against my character concept so I kept my mouth shut and just wrathed where you pointed. It was still good, I've never explored that area before.

GLWYN...*toasts a steaming cup of seaweed tea for you*

SarienMon 11-May-09 09:12 AM
Member since 14th Feb 2009
740 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#79707, "RE: So long fort"
In response to Reply #0

"Sarien Great leader, though an overly nice guy in Maktesses opinion. Glad to see you imm"

Thank you for the kind words! I tried really hard to play Sarien as a hard-ass, which 90% of the time I accomplished. But, in general I am a pretty nice forgiving guy kind of a conflict there. I wish you the best with your next!

-Sarien

Arrna (Guest)Mon 11-May-09 06:17 AM

#79706, "Aaw, I was hoping to fight alongside you some..."
In response to Reply #0

The little I saw of you, I really liked.

And when you were Waris, you did teach me alot. Ain't going to tell you who I was though, but I liked Waris. (Both with the chars that aided you and fought you.)

Adekar (Guest)Sun 10-May-09 11:04 PM

#79702, "RE: So long fort"
In response to Reply #0

Thank you for your kind words!

I was really expecting you to get Marshall/Captain, so I'm disappointed to see this. As for me getting Maran at a lower level than you...I can't be sure, but I'm betting I had a fair amount more hours than you, even if I was a lower level.

Sad that I won't be seeing your steady presence around, but I hope you're having fun with whatever you're playing now!

Humbert (Guest)Sun 10-May-09 09:53 PM

#79699, "RE: So long fort"
In response to Reply #0

I am completely shocked! This was Waris?! Holy ####! I had you pegged as the next storm giant sword flurrybash killer in Fortress after Humbert's gone, but you probably would have been even deadlier than Humbert.

Maktess was really very impressive. I didn't get to see much of the area knowledge part, but that would have been quite an experience.

1. I wanted you to be Captain/Marshall
2. I would have given you (ie. trusted you with) rare pieces of gear good for storm sword specs (Bal'Talon, etc).
3. I wanted to see you play all the way to age death and see how many kills you rack up

PS: I absolutely hated fighting Waris with that ****ing item! I suspect you probably make some evils feel the same way about Maktess

Dierj (Guest)Sun 10-May-09 09:43 PM

#79696, "Ah...man I can see you as Waris."
In response to Reply #0

I think you play safe most of the time. I put "most" in there because it is not always true. It just felt that way to me, but I'm just one person. I thought you were a strong foe though and I appreciated your fights. You used retreat better than many, which was a very good idea at times.

Good Luck

Maktess (Guest)Sun 10-May-09 09:50 PM

#79698, "RE: Ah...man I can see you as Waris."
In response to Reply #4

Heh. Seriously play a sword spec against a tiger and/or lion. You'll see why I ran so damn much from you guys. I brought the fight once to I think it was Catzor and he hurt me really bad even though he had no preps up at all. Sorta played it safe from then out!

Oh, and you having 1200 + hp didn't help, nor that time I had sanc and stoneskin and you and Tam about tore me a new asshole with Lortas healing like mad probably renenforced that.

Vythigor (Guest)Sun 10-May-09 09:42 PM

#79695, "Good character..."
In response to Reply #0

... really enjoyed our few interactions (mostly when you were not WANTED; when you were WANTED, I'd illuminate you, realize that I am at 60% health after one round and word out). Good luck in your next re-incarnation.

IsildurSun 10-May-09 09:38 PM
5969 posts
#79694, "RE: So long fort"
In response to Reply #0

Okay, I have to admit I am completely shocked that you played Maktess.

Basically if you were to have asked me to assemble a "short list" of characters whose player would never be able to run a non-douchey good-aligned character, Waris would have been on that list. That's how annoying I found him, both in character and on Mizfara's battlefield thread.

That said, you managed to prove me wrong. From what I saw, Maktess was a highly competant, non-douchey fort character who seemed to do everything right. You were one of the people I recommended to Baer for Captain.

This will really make you laugh, too: I very much suspected Maktess was played by nepenthe. You can't ask for better irony than that.

Here are three specific things I liked about Maktess:

1. Your interview. I didn't get any of that frou-frou "preserve the Light" B.S. from Maktess. You were practical. You observed a need and you were going to meet it. Was refreshing.

2. The fact that you kept destroying Slivere, but actually seemed to feel a little bad about it. Reminded me of how Twist/Hunsobo felt about Xinrithil.

3. The comment you made that one time when the rest of Team Fort was off slaying dragons or something, and you and me were running around hunting people. Someone asked on CB what we were doing, and you replied something like: "You know, hunting evil and stuff." I could tell it was intended to be a jab, and I sort of agreed.

>character I enjoyed running with greatly, hope you learned
>something cool! You taught me something hilarously.

Your area knowledge is kind of freakish. I have a couple Arin'Gird trips logged (including ours) that I could probably pore over and cobble together a map, but you seemed to have the whole place memorized. That, along with a few other explore areas, have always been a "black box" to me. Like, I know a good portion of the gear that comes from them and I "sort of" know where they are, but I don't know any of the interior layout, how tough the mobs are, what tricks you need to employ, etc. It's actually kind of funny/sad given how long I've played this game.

Out of curiosity, what did I teach you?

Maktess (Guest)Sun 10-May-09 09:48 PM

#79697, "The watch thing of all things"
In response to Reply #2

I had even looked at all those items before! I felt pretty sheepish when you were like duh, of course they do that!

IsildurSun 10-May-09 10:18 PM
5969 posts
#79701, "RE: The watch thing of all things"
In response to Reply #5

You can credit Sarien for that. I'd never even heard of them before Kasir. Since I had peek I kept noticing all these Fort characters carrying them around, so I finally asked someone.

IunnaSun 10-May-09 09:34 PM
473 posts
#79693, "Bummer."
In response to Reply #0

I know we didn't interact a ton but I always kinda liked you and
was hoping you'd figure the religion stuff out. Ah well, good luck
with the next!

Maktess (Guest)Sun 10-May-09 09:59 PM

#79700, "RE: Bummer."
In response to Reply #1

I think I was starting to grasp it, but really all I did was realise how half thought out my role was.

I promise that after this current char has lived out its life.. I will really try and make another follower of yours! Really!

PS Probably evil though, I've done my one good char per 12 months.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #79692 Previous topic | Next topic