Subject: "(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Valdora Bon'Durdin the Icy Grip o..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #79321
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 29-Apr-09 06:04 PM
Member since 03rd Oct 2024
17207 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#79321, "(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Valdora Bon'Durdin the Icy Grip of the Magical Wastelands, Nightreaver of Thar-Eris"

Wed Apr 29 18:01:36 2009

At 8 o'clock AM, Day of Deception, 30th of the Month of the Shadows
on the Theran calendar Valdora perished, never to return.

Race:dark-elf
Class:invoker
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:424

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Valdora Bon'Durdin the Icy Gr..., Valdora (Guest), 01-May-09 12:14 PM, #1
     Reply Good times, Zannon (Guest), 01-May-09 01:12 PM, #2
     Reply RE: Good times, Valdora (Guest), 01-May-09 02:41 PM, #5
     Reply Gonna miss a good reaver, Mreash (Guest), 01-May-09 04:17 PM, #6
          Reply Haha., Valdora (Guest), 01-May-09 05:49 PM, #7
     Reply Funny, Kharnial (Guest), 01-May-09 01:35 PM, #3
     Reply LOL!, Valdora (Guest), 01-May-09 02:39 PM, #4
     Reply Good character., Woldrun (Guest), 04-May-09 08:12 AM, #8

Valdora (Guest)Fri 01-May-09 12:14 PM

#79374, "RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Valdora Bon'Durdin the Icy Gr..."
In response to Reply #0

Wow. What a ride. I started Valdora because my last invoker (Baltizar) was an utter failure, and I knew I could play an invoker much better. This time, however, I put 10 into Ice instead of lightning which I left at 0. What I came to discover was that I didn't miss lightning at all with Valdora. Pillar is nice, but there are other options as far as area spells and even though forked lightning hits hard as hell with 10 into lightning, the fact that it is an area spell really hurts. Therefore, Valdora was born with the basic role that I was an outcast of Drow city because I was suposed to become a priestess but chose to follow Magic instead. My God was Twist (but I dont think I ever interacted with him). My original name was something like Cyradria. However, I was quickly informed that my name was too close to cyradia (or whatever that immortal's name is) and I was forced to change it. After about 3-4 minutes of thinking, I came up with Valdora. Ranking was suprisingly easy as a drow invoker Outlander. Maxing out spells was pretty easy too, and before I knew it I was Nightreaver.

Invoker Class:

My thoughts on the invoker class go like this. The class is great in the aspect that there are so many things you can do to help out in pk and explore situations. You have a variety of spells to deal with anyone and everyone. Personally, I find it unnecisary to take 7 paths. I always work with 6 paths so that I can have at least one affinity as high as possible, so that those spells will be my main ones and hit the hardest they possibly can. Ice path is highly useful because Iceshards and Iceneedles only hit one person, and when you get hit like your damn near don't even have parry, then you don't want too many people hitting you at the same time. Also, as far as I can tell Iceshards is the hardest hitting spell invokers have. There were several times when I was contemplating fleeing from a fight when a MANGLES, ***DEMOLISHES***, ***DEVISTATES***, ===OBLITERATES=== iceshards would come through and kill my enemy. So you take that information and also the fact that Iceshards is a one round spell, and you have yourself one deadly combo. Iceneedles also serves its purpose against felars and against anyone you are looking to maledict. Grease and Adhesive webs can be used effectively, but in most of my fights I didn't use either of them. The only time I used grease or Adhesive webs was when I was fighting a warrior who I didn't want to switch weapons on me. Quicksand is probibly the invoker's most effective killing weapon. I can't tell you how many people I killed because of a well-placed quicksand. Key-words: Well-placed. Just because you can cast quicksand, doesn't mean you should do it just whereever. Wait until you know the person you are trying to kill is near (maybe they are raiding you, or you are raiding them) then cast quicksand. I say this because quicksand has quite a little timer on it and once you cast it, you wont be able to do it again for quite some time and when you don't have quicksand you really miss it. The last thing that I want to stress ALOT is DISPEL MAGIC. As an invoker, dispel magic probibly got me as many kills as quicksand because most people are flying when they attack you. When you cast dispel magic, not only can you knock off that flight, but it also allows you to see what else they have up. Maybe you need to cast it again, or perhaps its time to flee and regroup. Lastly, if anyone has any questions on invokers that they would like to ask, feel free. Seeing as I've had two hero invokers (one being an utter failure, and the other being a complete success) I feel like I could give some sound advice on the subject.

Wands:

I spent the fist 300+ hours of this character's life without my full wand set and in that 300+ hours I probibly landed the vast majority of my kills. That's all I'm saying on the subject.

Outlander Cabal:

This is my third outlander. (Baltizar, Karjiin, Valdora) And yet again I have to say that the cabal was an absolute blast. It seems like everyone I meet in the cabal has outstanding roleplay and a great story behind them. Outlander is still the most versitile cabal with regards to roleplaying. I really just would like to thank everyone I met in the cabal for making this character as much fun as she was. I met too many of you to list specifically, but if you want to respond to this post then I will happily respond.

Carrionfields Community:

There isn't one other game out there that I have spent more time playing than this one. And yet it keeps getting better and better every character I make. With each one I keep gathering new information and using it to build my next character into what I want. I would like to thank all the immortals and implementors who put up with us idiots all day and still manage to maintain a fantastic game. Yes, I believe there are things that could be better, but no one can argue that you immortals make it all possible and for that I would just like to say thank you. The people in the game also seem to be 99% cool, but every now and again you get that one ass-hole (Shalsad) who wants to #### all over everyone's fun. But that's cool because I feel like those ass-holes get what they deserve in the end. Anyways, thanks to everyone for making Valdora's time in game awesome.

The future (RL)

The future for me is uncertain. I'm graduating from college soon, which means I'm in for some changes. As such, I'm not sure if I will have time, internet, or money to continue playing this game. I already have another character made with a pretty cool role in mind, but I just don't know how my real world life is going to be over the next few months. Hopefully, I will be able to find balance between the real world and carrionfields as I was able to do while in college and I will continue to play this game.

Goodbyes:

I met a lot of people throughout this game, but I only had REAL interactions with a few. Basically that is because the way I played Valdora was to be kind of a Bitch, so interacting with her was probibly only a few sentences. So I will say goodbye to the people who had a pretty signifigant impact in Valdora's life.

Lyriston (Imp): Wow man, thanks for the Nightreaver position. This was my first leader, and I could tell you were hesitant to give me the spot. The way I picture it in my mind is you sitting at your computer sweating profusely and biting your nails as you hit the enter key to make me Nightreaver. (Maybe it wasn't that extreme) Anyways, I tried my best to handle myself as I thought a Nightreaver should be. I tried to stay away from the whole pack mentality and roll solo. I also tried not to help the goodies too much, although I did when it directly benefitted me. Anyways, I would just like to say thanks for the opportunity.

Mreash: Cool cat. (pun intended)

Zannon: You were a cool enemy dude. And I would just like to clearify that little incedent we had in Thar-Acacia. I would love to claim that it was all part of my grand scheme to lead you around the area until you died so that I could claim victory, but the reality is: I was just lost. LOL.

Mianis: You were obviously a very knowledgeable character and I was just trying to soak up a bit of that knowledge. The hell trip was fun, but I wish we got some more time to hang out.

Eyrin-something (Pique): You seem pretty cool dude. I just have one piece of advice. Try to stay away from grouping with the goodie part of Outlander. I know I used to do it with Karjiin, but its really looked down apon... I'll just say that.

Datsue: Thanks for helping me find my wand set man. It was really cool to have wands for the last 100 hours of the character. Thanks, seriously.

To everyone else, thanks for a fantastic 424 hours. Stay cool and keep those feet movin'.

-Valdora Bon'durdin aka Bimbledor Rockhide/Karjiin Darkfeather/Baltizar

Zannon (Guest)Fri 01-May-09 01:12 PM

#79380, "Good times"
In response to Reply #1

I remember that little adventure. I was so surprised to have fled into Thar-Acacia after that initial strike I was just sitting there thinking about how utterly screwed I was, since I clearly had no idea where I even was.

So when you suggested the truce until we got out of Thar-Acacia, I said hell yeah, Valdora is not going to kill me for once, maybe I'll actually get out of this place alive. Course, well, I didn't entirely trust resting or sleeping right next to you that much, and I knew I was taking all the hits while you were perfectly healthy, and if my utility ran out you would likely kill me. So I kept pressing on instead of resting and well, I died. One of my many many times.

I recall another dark-elf imperial I was going to duel when I saw you coming from behind on Eastern, and given your record of smacking me down in seconds I knew I was dead if I said nothing, so I told him, and me and him decided better for both of us if we just both attacked you. (I did duel him right after and lost-shocking I know.) Afterwards you commented on how strange it was to see a Storm and an imperial working together, since this was before Thar-Acacia. Probably as odd as a storm and an Outlander Dark-elf. Or a storm and a dark-elf transmuter working together (Zizzle ruled). Seems I had a knack for getting along with those little evil elves. Though each one of them did kill me at least once.

Dark Elves just tend to be fun characters to interact with cause I always expect them to be deceitful chaotic little backstabbers, and my characters are naive light walking goody goodies. It usually ends up that most dark elves, after you speak with them, tend not to be. You were no exception, you were strong, and you whipped me good, but you were never a jackass or anything about it and that made it fun for me, even when I died. Many times.

Valdora (Guest)Fri 01-May-09 02:41 PM

#79388, "RE: Good times"
In response to Reply #2

Yea, as much as I would like to be that super-evil character that ####s all over everybody, I'm just not that guy in real life. So its hard for me to do it in game. My evil characters just tend to have a sharp attitude and kill goodies all the time, they never turn out to be super super evil. But I hear I give off a creepy vibe, which is kinda cool. *wink*

Mreash (Guest)Fri 01-May-09 04:17 PM

#79393, "Gonna miss a good reaver"
In response to Reply #2

You logged out a hair too soon. I was going to attempt to kill you for being weak enough to give up. I had a lot of fun with Valdora, and liked the hairy situations we got into. The next reaver will have big shoes to fill.

Valdora (Guest)Fri 01-May-09 05:49 PM

#79397, "Haha."
In response to Reply #6

That would have been a fun fight. A shame I deleted before you got your chance. Oh well, You're the man for Outlander right now. You have to hold it down until I get back. Good luck.

Kharnial (Guest)Fri 01-May-09 01:35 PM

#79383, "Funny"
In response to Reply #1

I hated your ass when you were Karjiin..thought you were a weakass noobie who had an umbilical cord with the rest of the Outlanders.

Loved this character with Malnch. Funny how things change.

Valdora (Guest)Fri 01-May-09 02:39 PM

#79386, "LOL!"
In response to Reply #3

Well, I loved Malnch too. Malnch Consume!! Yea, Karjiin was really my growth character within Outlander. He showed me that I can fight solo in the cabal and lose the umbilical cord. So with Valdora, I decided to be a loner. Both characters were fun, but Valdora was the better of the two. I wished you had stuck around longer with Malnch. You would most likely be Nightreaver now.

Woldrun (Guest)Mon 04-May-09 08:12 AM

#79449, "Good character."
In response to Reply #1

So I know you didn't want to fight me most of the time, but you were still willing to mix it up a little bit, which was cool. I think I maybe caught you off guard the one time I got you? It was one of the first times we ever fought.

You did seem to be a bit predictable for a CE character, always putting quicksand up in the same spot. But then, it could be argued that if ragers weren't "camped" on eastern road, I'd not have noticed that spot. Heh. Also, having played an Invoker before, I know it's tough to seal a kill, so having quicksand in a heavily trafficked area is smart.

Good luck with the next, man!

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #79321 Previous topic | Next topic