Subject: "Done for good" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #79227
Show all folders

HeadingOut (Guest)Tue 28-Apr-09 02:43 PM

#79227, "Done for good"

Charak, Iber, an Malchius will not roam the lands of Thera, nor will I in any form. Been here for nearly ten years, watched the lame be rewarded over an over, watched gank squad after gan squad pad PK stats and be allowed to do so with no repercussions, but this last was just the final straw for me as a player.I will give you the details and let you judge for yourself the 'justness' of what happened.

I was logged on as Charak, a rank 26 minotaur Villager, I was spam killed by Imperials probably four, maybe five times in the span of four or five hours, each time my corpse was left completely empty, whatever wasnt taken was sacrificed. Keep in mind now, I dealt with this over a span of hours, and multiple death/full-sacs, until finally there were five Imperials in one big gank just constantly hunting me. After about the fourth death, I logged Charak off, and logged on another characther, a goodie conjurer named Malchius.

I summoned an archon, an elemental and I walked onto Eastern Road, as soon as I did, there was that same Imperial gank squad, and sure enough here I was, summoned to them. Bzorg died and I full sacced him, Vilarith fled and left the lands, Dten left the lands not sure if this was before or after this fight, but he was no longer around, Taiu fled and hid inside the Palace. I chased him to the Palace and killed him there, and yes he got the full sac as well. Now I know this seems like I was taking some OOC info and making it IC, and as far as the full sacs go, thats probably true, but these would have been Malchius' foes had I never even been logged on with Charak, I still would have hunted them just as I did. And we all know that full saccing douches get known around the lands OOC as well as IC. Well needless to say, of course I went to bed, I woke this morning and logged on, and yep, Charak is in the Realms of the Dead, I am a being labeled a cheater and talking to some rude Imm who is pretty much refusing to listen to anything I have to say. In the end BOTH of my charachters are DENIED, and I was told that the only thing I could have done was log on a charchter unconnected to the current situation.

Now this is where I get lost, because a bunch of douche bag Imperials are gank squadding Eastern Road, I cant log on whatever ####ing charchter I want?!? They summoned me to them as soon as I stepped onto Eastern Road, fully intending the full on gank/strip, as I was not the only one around that they had done so to. It my fault their weak assess were outclassed by my rank 35 conjurer, all three of them?
I simply gave them what they were dishing out, and like the little bitches I am sure they are, they went whining and crying to the Imms, and once again the Imms are gunna take whoevers on the opposite side of a situation from myself and not listen to one thing I have to say.

Needless to say you have lost another long time player over this matter, and while I am sure that some of you truly dont care, and some of you are probably happy about it, for the few good people who still roam Thera, you will be missed, you have provided me with many many hours of escape from the daily grind, and for that I thank you.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: Done for good, svar0g (Guest), 03-May-09 07:14 AM, #67
Reply I would have cheerfully accepted the punishment for the..., Vortex_Guest (Guest), 29-Apr-09 03:42 PM, #57
Reply So is there any way around this?, Seilclavin2 (Guest), 29-Apr-09 02:48 PM, #56
Reply The only way I can think of is make their ghost timer 4..., Theerkla, 29-Apr-09 04:20 PM, #59
Reply Some words., Imperial (Guest), 29-Apr-09 02:59 AM, #51
Reply RE: Some words., HeadingOut (Guest), 29-Apr-09 12:00 PM, #54
     Reply Well..., Imperial (Guest), 29-Apr-09 08:06 PM, #60
     Reply Good thing..., Deriveh (Guest), 03-May-09 08:38 PM, #68
Reply The fact that, lurker, 28-Apr-09 08:38 PM, #47
Reply Uh., Istirith2 (Guest), 28-Apr-09 06:59 PM, #42
Reply PS., Istirith2 (Guest), 28-Apr-09 07:05 PM, #43
Reply Unfortunately, you obviously broke the rules., N b M (Guest), 28-Apr-09 05:03 PM, #37
Reply This is a very good reason to play only one char at a t..., Twist, 28-Apr-09 04:30 PM, #34
Reply Seconded., WarEagle2 (Guest), 28-Apr-09 10:20 PM, #50
Reply Unfortunately, Daurwyn2 (Guest), 28-Apr-09 03:41 PM, #11
Reply RE: Unfortunately, HeadingOut (Guest), 28-Apr-09 03:50 PM, #14
     Reply RE: Unfortunately, Daevryn, 28-Apr-09 03:55 PM, #16
     Reply RE: Unfortunately, HeadingOut (Guest), 28-Apr-09 03:58 PM, #18
     Reply RE: Unfortunately, Daevryn, 28-Apr-09 04:01 PM, #20
     Reply RE: Unfortunately, HeadingOut (Guest), 28-Apr-09 04:09 PM, #25
          Reply RE: Unfortunately, Daevryn, 28-Apr-09 04:25 PM, #31
          Reply PSA, Cartherlen1 (Guest), 28-Apr-09 08:36 PM, #46
               Reply When you've known him as long as I have you call him Jo..., stunna1 (Guest), 29-Apr-09 05:50 AM, #53
                    Reply Hmm, that's a line from something....stand-up or a movi..., Lirieleth (Guest), 29-Apr-09 12:04 PM, #55
                    Reply It is from "Scent of a woman", Dragomir2 (Guest), 02-May-09 07:44 PM, #66
                    Reply Bah. Neither Jack nor John are really that great., Straklaw, 29-Apr-09 04:00 PM, #58
          Reply RE: Unfortunately, Isildur, 28-Apr-09 04:27 PM, #32
               Reply Duh, N b M (Guest), 28-Apr-09 04:53 PM, #36
     Reply How did I get involved in this??? nt, Rayihn, 28-Apr-09 04:52 PM, #35
          Reply Sorry Baer..., FamilyAttorney (Guest), 28-Apr-09 05:04 PM, #38
     Reply Best post on this thread, Daurwyn2 (Guest), 28-Apr-09 04:18 PM, #28
     Reply You did it in a way that everyone seemed to know Malchi..., Well. (Guest), 28-Apr-09 03:58 PM, #17
     Reply RE: You did it in a way that everyone seemed to know Ma..., HeadingOut (Guest), 28-Apr-09 04:01 PM, #19
          Reply RE: You did it in a way that everyone seemed to know Ma..., Daevryn, 28-Apr-09 04:04 PM, #22
          Reply RE: You did it in a way that everyone seemed to know Ma..., HeadingOut (Guest), 28-Apr-09 04:12 PM, #26
               Reply We didn't gank him. He was coming to group to level. So..., Bzorg (Guest), 28-Apr-09 06:01 PM, #40
                    Reply RE: We didn't gank him. He was coming to group to level..., HeadingOut (Guest), 28-Apr-09 09:12 PM, #48
          Reply there you go., Well (Guest), 28-Apr-09 04:08 PM, #24
     Reply I really wonder how people have time to have characters..., TMNS (Guest), 28-Apr-09 05:36 PM, #39
     Reply RE: I really wonder how people have time to have charac..., HeadingOut (Guest), 28-Apr-09 09:14 PM, #49
          Reply I've actually experienced just that, my friend., TMNS (Guest), 29-Apr-09 04:48 AM, #52
     Reply RE: Unfortunately, Enlilth, 30-Apr-09 12:51 PM, #61
          Reply RE: Unfortunately, Isildur, 30-Apr-09 01:01 PM, #62
               Reply RE: Unfortunately, enlilth again (Guest), 30-Apr-09 02:16 PM, #63
               Reply RE: Unfortunately, Istirith2 (Guest), 30-Apr-09 02:18 PM, #64
Reply RE: Done for good, Ikanu (Guest), 28-Apr-09 02:58 PM, #2
Reply RE: Done for good, HeadingOut (Guest), 28-Apr-09 03:02 PM, #4
     Reply Wow, you certainly pretend to me the drama queen or the..., Dervish, 28-Apr-09 03:13 PM, #5
     Reply RE: Wow, you certainly pretend to me the drama queen or..., HeadingOut (Guest), 28-Apr-09 03:20 PM, #6
     Reply Re: Finding you out of form, Ikanu (Guest), 28-Apr-09 03:38 PM, #9
     Reply Umm, Daurwyn2 (Guest), 28-Apr-09 03:42 PM, #12
Reply RE: Done for good, Daevryn, 28-Apr-09 02:52 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Done for good, HeadingOut (Guest), 28-Apr-09 02:59 PM, #3
          Reply Because from the sounds of it you're not worth it. nt, Observational (Guest), 28-Apr-09 03:20 PM, #7
          Reply RE: Because from the sounds of it you're not worth it. ..., HeadingOut (Guest), 28-Apr-09 03:25 PM, #8
               Reply Take the stance of an Imm, ViceVersa (Guest), 28-Apr-09 03:40 PM, #10
          Reply From the sounds of things..., Zulghinlour, 28-Apr-09 03:50 PM, #13
               Reply RE: From the sounds of things..., HeadingOut (Guest), 28-Apr-09 03:55 PM, #15
               Reply RE: From the sounds of things..., Zulghinlour, 28-Apr-09 04:03 PM, #21
               Reply RE: From the sounds of things..., HeadingOut (Guest), 28-Apr-09 04:16 PM, #27
                    Reply RE: The Point, Heckler (Guest), 28-Apr-09 04:21 PM, #29
                    Reply Heres your problem...., Lightmaged (Guest), 28-Apr-09 07:10 PM, #44
                         Reply Agreed., Abernytee (Guest), 02-May-09 01:14 PM, #65
               Reply Ok, never mind, don't take the stance of an imm, ViceVersa (Guest), 28-Apr-09 04:07 PM, #23
               Reply RE: From the sounds of things..., Isildur, 28-Apr-09 04:23 PM, #30
                    Reply RE: From the sounds of things..., HeadingOut (Guest), 28-Apr-09 04:27 PM, #33
                         Reply however bad they were being, incognito, 28-Apr-09 06:33 PM, #41
               Reply The dude had to login..., Dwoggurd, 28-Apr-09 08:14 PM, #45

svar0g (Guest)Sun 03-May-09 07:14 AM

#79433, "RE: Done for good"
In response to Reply #0

I don't know what actually happened, but from reading through all of this.. multikilling and fullsacing 3 vs 1 is a legitimate game mechanics, while loging another char in range, going 1 vs 3, killing two once and full sacing is a banable offense (I do know where I am exagerating to make a point).

Bleh. Change the rules.

Vortex_Guest (Guest)Wed 29-Apr-09 03:42 PM

#79317, "I would have cheerfully accepted the punishment for the..."
In response to Reply #0

xx

Seilclavin2 (Guest)Wed 29-Apr-09 02:48 PM

#79315, "So is there any way around this?"
In response to Reply #0

I'm also a Vet player that's so far from leet it's not even funny.

Is there anyway to code it so that one person can't kill your more than X times in a given time frame?

I understand that this would skew Cabal Raiding and stuff, and I in no means mean this to sound sarcastic or smart ass, but throughout the years I've ran into so guys/gals that just love Ganging you Over...and Over....and Over...

I'm back from my break with a new character, and I must admit,

THE PLAYER BASE IS BETTER THAN EVER.

I rememeber the days of Maple when if you Didn't get full looted/sacrificed it was a wonderful day.

Just Wondering,
Seilclavin

TheerklaWed 29-Apr-09 04:20 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1055 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#79320, "The only way I can think of is make their ghost timer 4..."
In response to Reply #56

Otherwise think how much someone who is untouchable can ruin your day in a fight.

Imperial (Guest)Wed 29-Apr-09 02:59 AM

#79302, "Some words."
In response to Reply #0

Charak dies. Charak says he'll full sac. Charak logs out. Malchius logs in. Kills and full sacs then sends, Malchius tells you 'Bzorg an Taiu stripped' Malchius logs out and Charak logs in. That's what you did wrong. It truely appeared that Malchius and RagerB were in cahoots, considering they attacked at the palace at the same time, but it looks like it may have been a coincidence so I apologize for insinuating that. That being said, here is my view.

I just logged in and was ordered to where I was, being told we would be fighting RagerB, who had ganked us before, and Charak. I had no idea what was going on so I showed up and apparently Rievar left and you walked in. I, by the way, didn't loot anything other than coins. After you killed me to my rather stupid tactics, I tried to regear. Got attacked by RagerB, tried again, got attack by Outlander, went to try to get some food, since my outfit rations were gone, RagerB was spamming cranial just outisde Palace. Try to regear again, RagerC shows up. So for about two hours I got about six pieces of gear. The morale? Just keep going. Gear is hardly worth a character you've spent time creating a role with and skilling up. You started with a little stick and a soft leather vest. You can do it again. Don't let this be the end of your game, just relax a little, realize it is just a game, and come back and have some fun. Learn from your mistakes and don't repeat them. I don't have anything against you, as a player, you made a mistake and you paid for them. I think we've all done that. I got empowered by Nepenthe once and got pissed off over something and wanted about 60 people. I was young and stupid and did something to #### over other people because I was mad. I learned from that mistake and I think Nepenthe has forgiven me by now. So... this turned into a rather long ramble, but I really hope you don't leave for good. Bye.

HeadingOut (Guest)Wed 29-Apr-09 12:00 PM

#79311, "RE: Some words."
In response to Reply #51

Exactly the tell I sent, which went to Taiu. Why would I send a tell to Taui saying that he and Bzorg were stripped, he already knew they were stripped. The tell was meant for another. Anyway, done arguing about it. I realize it was a break in the rules, though I really didnt think so at the time, we live we learn. I still think theres alot of shady #### going on that gets winked at, unless it happens to be one of my chars doing it, but oh well what can I do.

Imperial (Guest)Wed 29-Apr-09 08:06 PM

#79324, "Well..."
In response to Reply #54

I can understand you viewpoint, though I am unsure what the shady stuff is. I had no idea what happened to you before this, as I was at work and just got time to sit down and log in. I kinda cringed when they looted you like that, but until I have rank on anyone, I can't really tell anyone what to do. I also don't like ganging much. 2v1 on a rager I don't mind so much, 4 was definitely a bit much, especially considering the group make up. I will tell you that at least three people in that group do NOT get along very well. In fact, when Malch showed up, we were trying to go level up, which ended with two of the Imperial telling eachother they were basically a waste of air before a single kill happened. Imperial isn't quite as lovey dovey as you think and I'm pretty sure I've seem the Imms demote people for being friendly cross Sect. As for the tell, I took it as "I stripped you both like I said I would." That's what it sounded like to me. Sounds like some bad luck and if you were killed 3-4 times in a row, some rather mean #### going on. Personally though, I just can't stand cheating, and if any of theo ther Imperial are cheating, I hope they get in trouble too. I like to think there is Justice or Karma, or whatever in the world. Hopefully you get over it though. It happens to Imperials too, especially since almost everyone hates them. Not all Imperials are jerks though.

Deriveh (Guest)Sun 03-May-09 08:38 PM

#79441, "Good thing..."
In response to Reply #54

...That you can see you broke the rules. As most have been saying, if you had done it a bit "smarter" you it might not have been a rulebraker. But everything you did points at it, and that sucks.

I've been to "THAT" room as well (where the imms spank you that is.) though every single time they've been VERY polite and listening to my side of the story (Maybe I've been lucky, but I've never met a rude IMM, and I've talked ooc with them on several occations.)
and I've been punished, for cheating (Guilty as charged) twice. (That's when I stoped multi charing since I just couldn't help my self from cheating... rofl)

I've also been there because of a missunderstanding, which almost made both me and a RL friend get our chars deleted. Since I or he (I can't remember) had been playing on eachothers comps it looked kinda bad, + I sold him some midnight gear. Which ICly was ok, but since we had been on the same IP the imms got a bit suspicious, rightly so. But they were polite, listening to the stuff and just told us to stay away from eachother when we could. That worked out and both chars did quite well for a few hundreds of hours.

NO idea why this became such a rant... Suppose I wanted to point out that even though I've done some really stupid things I've only met polite imms, telling me the rules etc, listening to what I've had to say. So, I suppose you were unlucky.

I hope you come back, personally I think CF is kinda nice now as it ain't HALF as much full loots/sacs as it used to be when I started playing 7 years ago. (When I fulled EVERY single PK I did... When I could.)

lurkerTue 28-Apr-09 08:38 PM
Member since 13th Mar 2006
249 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#79287, "The fact that"
In response to Reply #0

you think what you did was OK and justifiable proves that you do not understand the spirit of this game. Goodbye.

Istirith2 (Guest)Tue 28-Apr-09 06:59 PM

#79281, "Uh."
In response to Reply #0

Sounds to me like you took some knocks, we all do at times, though perhaps in this case it was more severe.

You responded to it in a way that was borderline, if not blatant, cheating and you got called on it.

Relax, take a break for a few days or a week. Come back to it with a new role idea or when you feel up to it.

Don't hate on the Imm staff. They do a damn good job all things considered, and I know it is hard to see but they have put countless hours of coding, area design, quests and religion/roleplay into the game.

If Nep or Zulg calls you on something like this and you think it is unfair, well I'm sorry, that is their perogative, what with putting a lot more work into the maintenance and running of this free game. I'm sure Nep would rather be doing something else than busting people but it is a public service. We as players demand the right to not have to deal with cheats and illegitimate tactics.

I'm sorry if it went down how you said. I've been in similar situations and I hate not being able to get gank/full saccers back but sometimes you just have to take things for what they are. I've been there, you've been there, over half the vets have been there. Hell, Nep, Zulg, Twist et al have probably had to deal with what you went through. I know you're not in the place to see or accept this right now, but I truly believe this to be the case.

Istirith2 (Guest)Tue 28-Apr-09 07:05 PM

#79282, "PS."
In response to Reply #42

I hope when things have cooled down and if you decide to roll up again you:

a) Don't have to deal with ganking/full-saccing morons.
b) Can find enjoyability in the game again.

Take care.

N b M (Guest)Tue 28-Apr-09 05:03 PM

#79271, "Unfortunately, you obviously broke the rules."
In response to Reply #0

Getting ganked multiple times by a noticeably apparent perma sucks and is highly against the rules too, but for whatever reason, you got noticed before their skype perma got noticed.

For you, that sucks, for the other cheaters, that's great.

For CF, that is probably the worst thing that could happen.

Balance is key and is something that is highly needed to keep the field as competitive as possible most of the time.

But answering one cheating with your own cheating (and yes, mutli-charing with ooc information to kill and return the full sac they gave you is cheating because you did it with another of your characters with ooc information, even if you had ic reasons it was still ooc.)

Believe me though, I am one who encourages the beat down of perma gankers, but you can't break the rules to get your vengance... sucks.

TwistTue 28-Apr-09 04:30 PM
Member since 23rd Sep 2006
3431 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#79267, "This is a very good reason to play only one char at a t..."
In response to Reply #0

No, I'm not off the "one char at a time" bandwagon yet.

WarEagle2 (Guest)Tue 28-Apr-09 10:20 PM

#79296, "Seconded."
In response to Reply #34

Though the guy def. 'multi-charred', I do sympathize with the situation. Not really sure how anyone can deal with a situation like this and the original poster be happy about it. I guess maybe a slay, but I guess enough of the playerbase had their pitchforks raised to go ahead and get rid of the vampire.

I'm so good with analogies.

Daurwyn2 (Guest)Tue 28-Apr-09 03:41 PM

#79240, "Unfortunately"
In response to Reply #0

2 wrongs don't make a right.

Full saccing gankers are bad for the game, agreed. And they deserve a good full-saccing themselves, agreed.

However, logging on another character of yours to do it is completely out of order.

Imagine if a certain lich decided to play another evil char, but then logged on the lich to kill anyone who pissed off his other char. I'm sure you'd appreciate why that's not ok then, regardless of whether said people were enemies of the lich as well.

This is pretty much the same.

The circumstances strongly imply that you weren't just happening to play another character and happening to fight those people (at which point, sac away). Rather, you appear to have logged on specifically to do this.

My suggestion would be to wait for those characters to die and then mock them for being twats (if indeed they were not justified in doing to you what they did).

HeadingOut (Guest)Tue 28-Apr-09 03:50 PM

#79243, "RE: Unfortunately"
In response to Reply #11

You miss the point though, I dealt with this for hours. Had I just logged off after the first kill, and then returned to kill them I could understand that. But I was left with no options, either log on another charchter or lose another con or two with Charak. It was completely IC for my goodie conjie to go hunting Imperials. And I see this happen all the time, Empire gets too big, the few Fort folks around log off an log on their Tribunal chars. Fort gets too big, Scion an Empire log off an log on other characthers. I was being relentlessly ganged/sacced by a gank squad of Imperials, what would you have me do, just keep letting my mino die?

DaevrynTue 28-Apr-09 03:55 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#79245, "RE: Unfortunately"
In response to Reply #14

>And I see this happen all the time,
>Empire gets too big, the few Fort folks around log off an log
>on their Tribunal chars. Fort gets too big, Scion an Empire
>log off an log on other characthers.

And you reported it, right?

Even if true, other people cheating doesn't make your cheating not cheating.

Other people being assbags also doesn't make your cheating not cheating.

HeadingOut (Guest)Tue 28-Apr-09 03:58 PM

#79247, "RE: Unfortunately"
In response to Reply #16

You have utterly failed to convince me that what I did was cheating. And I shouldnt have to report what is readily apparent, but when Baers precious Maran do it I suppose its okay.

DaevrynTue 28-Apr-09 04:01 PM
11117 posts
#79249, "RE: Unfortunately"
In response to Reply #18

>You have utterly failed to convince me that what I did was
>cheating.

I don't have to convince you.

>And I shouldnt have to report what is readily
>apparent, but when Baers precious Maran do it I suppose its
>okay.

"Look over there!"

HeadingOut (Guest)Tue 28-Apr-09 04:09 PM

#79255, "RE: Unfortunately"
In response to Reply #20

Exactly, that flippant "I am God, I can do whatever I please" attitude is what so sucks about this place now. Everyone knows it happens, and only those who arnt in favor with some Imm or the other seem to get punished for it. Can you honestly sit here and say that you dont see the perma in the Empire right now? Or that certain charachters who will remain nameless log at any sign of a bad range? You know as well as I do that it does happen, and regularly, but you would rather police this bs situation of someone who has never really been in the 'clique', and deny both my charchters. I know it means nothing to you, but my time is just as valuable as yours, believe it or not. Alright, let us say I broke the rules, I have been punished SEVERELY for it, but lets see if any of the others are. I highly doubt it.

DaevrynTue 28-Apr-09 04:25 PM
11117 posts
#79264, "RE: Unfortunately"
In response to Reply #25

I suspect one of the players you're pissed about lost a character in the last week or so.

Just because not everyone's throwing a fit about rule enforcement doesn't mean you're the only one getting it.

Cartherlen1 (Guest)Tue 28-Apr-09 08:36 PM

#79286, "PSA"
In response to Reply #31

On par with throwing fits:

I'll be pretty hammered later. Please disregard whatever rant I come up with as the ramblings of a drunken fool. Thanks.

Seems like the conspiracy theories all make sense when I'm drunk. They don't make much sense when I look back on them, though. And I'm a lot wittier when I'm hammered. I think Jack Daniels makes me wise, and I lose it when I sober up. Oh well.

stunna1 (Guest)Wed 29-Apr-09 05:50 AM

#79307, "When you've known him as long as I have you call him Jo..."
In response to Reply #46

And he doesn't make you more wise - he lowers the threshold of what you consider wisdom.

Lirieleth (Guest)Wed 29-Apr-09 12:04 PM

#79312, "Hmm, that's a line from something....stand-up or a movi..."
In response to Reply #53

Dragomir2 (Guest)Sat 02-May-09 07:44 PM

#79431, "It is from "Scent of a woman""
In response to Reply #55

Al Pacino says it, problem being...Jack Daniels name was actually Jasper, not John or Jack... Yes I have visited Lynchberg a few too many times...

StraklawWed 29-Apr-09 04:00 PM
Member since 10th Mar 2003
1014 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#79318, "Bah. Neither Jack nor John are really that great."
In response to Reply #53

Now Jim? That's somebody you can trust!

IsildurTue 28-Apr-09 04:27 PM
5969 posts
#79265, "RE: Unfortunately"
In response to Reply #25

IF those other characters DO WHAT YOU DID then I would assume that they'd be punished similarly.

But they're not. They're doing something different, and you are equating that to what YOU DID for some reason.

It's very hard to demonstrate that someone is logging out specifically because their range is bad. Partly because it's hard to quantify "bad", but also because they may not log in a second character. They may just not play for a while. How is a staff member supposed to know that the player in question didn't just need to take a dump? Or go to work?

Answer: they can't.

But when you make threats to someone with character A, then immediately log on with character B and follow through on those threats, then it's pretty obvious what happened.

N b M (Guest)Tue 28-Apr-09 04:53 PM

#79269, "Duh"
In response to Reply #32

It's obvious that people can perma using skype just fine. I mean, even though it's against the rules there is a certain group of dbags that have been doing it for quite a long long time with absolutely no repercussions what so ever.

Such is the way of life.

RayihnTue 28-Apr-09 04:52 PM
Member since 08th Oct 2006
1147 posts
#79268, "How did I get involved in this??? nt"
In response to Reply #18

Hmpf.

FamilyAttorney (Guest)Tue 28-Apr-09 05:04 PM

#79272, "Sorry Baer..."
In response to Reply #35

We all love you, well most of us, but it's part of the label of being Nep's lovebunny (or the other way around, I'm not one to judge). You're always going to be mentioned in one way or another when someone's pissed at Nep.

Daurwyn2 (Guest)Tue 28-Apr-09 04:18 PM

#79260, "Best post on this thread"
In response to Reply #16

Report the cheating. Then you have a legitimate complaint if it goes undealt with. I know when I've reported what appeared to be selective logging, the imm came back to me with details that convinced me it was legit.

Also, if you do what the cheats do, you are letting the game sink to the lowest level, rather than rising above it.

Would I expect you to keep getting spam killed? No. But if a duergar kept killing my thief, I wouldn't feel it's legit to log on my paladin to kill the duergar.

Well. (Guest)Tue 28-Apr-09 03:58 PM

#79246, "You did it in a way that everyone seemed to know Malchi..."
In response to Reply #14

So whatever you said or did made it clear to others you were playing both characters and exacting vengeance for the first character. So something is missing from your "side" of the story.

Frankly, I applaud anyone that has the guts to stand up to and crush an imperial perma-ganksquad. But if you multi-char to do it, you have to accept the consequences.

Here, I think you could have pulled this off innocently enough, but it probably would have been harder for you to do it or less satisfying. So instead you did "something" that crossed the line.

HeadingOut (Guest)Tue 28-Apr-09 04:01 PM

#79248, "RE: You did it in a way that everyone seemed to know Ma..."
In response to Reply #17

It was only apparent because of a mistell between another little gnome mage who they had also ganked and stripped and Malchius. Taiu took the time to whine to me after I stripped him and I didnt notice it, so when I tried to reply to the gnome that I had stripped Bzorg and Taiu it went to him instead.

DaevrynTue 28-Apr-09 04:04 PM
11117 posts
#79251, "RE: You did it in a way that everyone seemed to know Ma..."
In response to Reply #19

Unfortunately, according to the logs:

>It was only apparent because of a mistell between another
>little gnome mage who they had also ganked and stripped and
>Malchius. Taiu took the time to whine to me after I stripped
>him and I didnt notice it, so when I tried to reply to the
>gnome that I had stripped Bzorg and Taiu it went to him
>instead.

This is completely ####ing full of ####.

HeadingOut (Guest)Tue 28-Apr-09 04:12 PM

#79258, "RE: You did it in a way that everyone seemed to know Ma..."
In response to Reply #22

They didnt gank Adheherde? He wasnt at the Palace as naked ghost while I was killing Taui? Thats who the tell was meant for. So no, seems your completely full of ####.

Bzorg (Guest)Tue 28-Apr-09 06:01 PM

#79279, "We didn't gank him. He was coming to group to level. So..."
In response to Reply #26

As to getting full sacced, try not threatening to do it when an *evil chaotic* char beats you down solo out of the blue while you're still a village app, because if you get inducted they will assume it will take the force it did to get you.

The only reason the gank got as big as it was is because Rievar was logged in and deathblow was involved. Rievar logged off. You made the mistake of stepping out of the cabal and then attacking Dten in Galadon. That was a trap.

We also didn't full sac the other two elves who happened to be standing there. At least I didn't touch a corpse at any rate. Had we not attacked them it would have turned from 'All of us ganking down the whiny bitch' to '4v3 and we privately knew our second warrior wasn't quite up to snuff in the skills department either mechanically or player-wise. and our healer isn't a hero so can only concentrate on one person'

In short, the last gank you walked into was a trap. Then you got full sacced because you threatened you'd do it to me prior. Not a smart thing to threaten when you're fighting the only warrior specced to do even more damage than mace and several of the worst possible cabal enemies you could have gotten. It means you're assuming that particular warrior is going to kill enough of you to earn Hunted by Battle and that's simply not the case at mid-level, you were cherrypicked to begin with and then singled out later after Rievar also did some shady things. Then again Rievar's been doing some shady things and doing generally bad RP continually to begin with so what he did to involve himself wasn't surprising.

HeadingOut (Guest)Tue 28-Apr-09 09:12 PM

#79290, "RE: We didn't gank him. He was coming to group to level..."
In response to Reply #40

The fact that a piece of #### like yourself has the nerve to call someones actions shady is just funny. And no, you never 'beat me down' solo, unless you call fleeing and running to a healer over and over a beat down, or chasing me around with a healer in tow a beat down. But then again in that small, twisted place where your reasoning resides, I suppose you did in fact 'beat me down'. And you left my corpse entirely empty the very first time we fought, which is why I said I would return the favor, so lets not make this about anything other than you being a huge douche, and me losing my cool over once more being beaten by someone who should have never had a chance in hell of doing so. I have admitted to losing my cool, and after thinking about it I apologized via pray to the Imms involved, because what I did was in fact a break in the rules. I didnt see it at the time, but now I do. Doesnt change the fact that you and people like you make this game so much less enjoyable for people who have been here much longer.

Well (Guest)Tue 28-Apr-09 04:08 PM

#79253, "there you go."
In response to Reply #19

Next time don't break character and send that tell. That must have been some "tell" to the gnome: it obviously had a significant impact because this entire scenario played out over at Dio's - where several people knew that you had multi-char'd.

Not to sound like a broken record, but whatever you did in the midst of this crossed the line and made you less than an innocent gamer playing two different characters that happened to get attacked by the same imperial perma-gank with vastly different results.

TMNS (Guest)Tue 28-Apr-09 05:36 PM

#79274, "I really wonder how people have time to have characters..."
In response to Reply #14

I barely have time for one!

HeadingOut (Guest)Tue 28-Apr-09 09:14 PM

#79291, "RE: I really wonder how people have time to have charac..."
In response to Reply #39

Its called severe insomnia, trust me you dont want to experience it.

TMNS (Guest)Wed 29-Apr-09 04:48 AM

#79305, "I've actually experienced just that, my friend."
In response to Reply #49

And to tell you the truth I liked Iber a good deal. Shame you had to end this way.

EnlilthThu 30-Apr-09 12:51 PM
Member since 20th Jan 2008
187 posts
#79337, "RE: Unfortunately"
In response to Reply #14

Here's a couple of actual - It happened to Enlilth - scenario for you....

I'm logged in as mortal guy. I get the floor mopped with me (as is standard by the way) and full looted. I honestly don't care about full looting but container stealing really really really sticks in my craw. My course of action.... I continue playing my now naked mort, and go run around re-equipping and getting new sack plus food and preps. The next morning I log in my god char, and the dude that full looted me is on. What I don't do... exploit my full set of imm powers to screw the guys character over. I also don't convince other imms to screw him over.

scenario 2, which has also happened

I'm logged in with my fort guy. My emperor logs in, raids, and my emperor, my warmaster, and my dread lord use some of the cheapest f'ing tactics I've ever encountered to mop the floor with me (again standard), and THEN full loot me. My course of action... I re-equip my mort, and run around and die to them individually using similar tactics repeatedly for the next few hours. You may use your extremely vivid imaginations as to what I could have done (needing very little justification from an rp standpoint, cuz I'm empire god) with god char.

I just don't get your argument. Each character you play needs to be it's own character which does not know about the others. God forbid some of us imms felt the way you seem to because you got full looted a few times. If you're forced to repercuss with your other chars, then you only need to play one at a time.

-- Try an Enlilth follower today! Enlilth, now with 40% more chewey caramel in every bite. --

IsildurThu 30-Apr-09 01:01 PM
5969 posts
#79338, "RE: Unfortunately"
In response to Reply #61

>I'm logged in with my fort guy. My emperor logs in, raids, and
>my emperor, my warmaster, and my dread lord use some of the
>cheapest f'ing tactics I've ever encountered to mop the floor

IMO it would have been perfectly alright for you to "retain" this knowledge as the character Enlilth. Enlith is a god, so it's not unbelievable that he'd have knowledge of that cheesy behavior, even though the "real" reason you have that knowledge is that it happened to your mort.

If we're talking about two mortal characters, though, then yeah, one hand shouldn't know what the other hand is doing.

enlilth again (Guest)Thu 30-Apr-09 02:16 PM

#79339, "RE: Unfortunately"
In response to Reply #62

Why would enlilth care how his council dispatched some elf paladin? If anything he would have patted them on the back, which I'm pretty sure is what I did.

Istirith2 (Guest)Thu 30-Apr-09 02:18 PM

#79340, "RE: Unfortunately"
In response to Reply #62

Retain the knowledge: Possibly. Acting on it would make said Imm lame though and from their viewpoint is probably far more trouble than it's worth.

Ikanu (Guest)Tue 28-Apr-09 02:58 PM

#79230, "RE: Done for good"
In response to Reply #0

I just want to know why, as Iber, after my initial kill of you, and your subsequent harassment all over the map for an hour or so, when I nailed you again did you bitch about it? You were trying to kill me, non-stop, for that entire time.

Was it just anger at dying, or do you really feel like you were somehow wronged?

HeadingOut (Guest)Tue 28-Apr-09 03:02 PM

#79232, "RE: Done for good"
In response to Reply #2

Because anytime I tried to fight you in form, you would just run run run, but twice you caught me sleeping out of form an raped me with the grizz/nightwalker combo. I think my comment was even to that effect, "You like fight Iber when out of form, but run like rabbit when Iber hunts" or something to that effect.

DervishTue 28-Apr-09 03:13 PM
Member since 11th Oct 2003
617 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via ICQ
#79233, "Wow, you certainly pretend to me the drama queen or the..."
In response to Reply #4

nt

HeadingOut (Guest)Tue 28-Apr-09 03:20 PM

#79234, "RE: Wow, you certainly pretend to me the drama queen or..."
In response to Reply #5

Yes, leaving because I had two characthers denied over #### is certainly whining. Or are you even literate enough to understand the post?

Ikanu (Guest)Tue 28-Apr-09 03:38 PM

#79237, "Re: Finding you out of form"
In response to Reply #4

That's kind of the game when you are two equally matched shifters that tend to bounce off of each other. You look for a time to strike when the other guy has his pants down.

But I recall thinking it was weird that you were sleeping in the galadon guild as an outlander. You were an outlander, right?

Daurwyn2 (Guest)Tue 28-Apr-09 03:42 PM

#79241, "Umm"
In response to Reply #4

I would say it is good tactics to catch a shifter out of form.

It's like catching a conjie without his pets.

DaevrynTue 28-Apr-09 02:52 PM
11117 posts
#79228, "RE: Done for good"
In response to Reply #0

I'm not interested in arguing about it, but your version of the story is, at best, a slanted one that both exaggerates and leaves out some important details.

Enjoy your break.

HeadingOut (Guest)Tue 28-Apr-09 02:59 PM

#79231, "RE: Done for good"
In response to Reply #1

So why not fill in those details? Instead of just leaving that out to there to slant everyones opinion.

Observational (Guest)Tue 28-Apr-09 03:20 PM

#79235, "Because from the sounds of it you're not worth it. nt"
In response to Reply #3

nt

HeadingOut (Guest)Tue 28-Apr-09 03:25 PM

#79236, "RE: Because from the sounds of it you're not worth it. ..."
In response to Reply #7

And because of people like you and actions like these, most of the people who once made this place great are no longer around. Enough said.

ViceVersa (Guest)Tue 28-Apr-09 03:40 PM

#79239, "Take the stance of an Imm"
In response to Reply #8

What about your actions caused you to be denied? Take the view of an admin and try to explain. They obviously saw something that you just shrugged off.

ZulghinlourTue 28-Apr-09 03:50 PM
9792 posts
#79242, "From the sounds of things..."
In response to Reply #3

1. You got ganged down
2. You threatened to kill & full sac them
3. You log in another charcter
4. You kill one of those who ganged down your other character
5. You full sac them

This is against the rules. Period.

From help multicharring

Likewise, your characters should never help one another in any way. For example, this includes character A killing a mob and leaving the mob's gear for character B to pick up. If character A dies, character B should not log in to loot character A's corpse, nor should he wait at the pit for character A's corpse to rot, then loot the pit.

ANY form of multicharring is grounds for being denied, sitebanned, or both, depending on the severity of the offense. You have been warned.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

HeadingOut (Guest)Tue 28-Apr-09 03:55 PM

#79244, "RE: From the sounds of things..."
In response to Reply #13

So what was I supposed to do Zulg? Because they ganged my mino I cant then log on my conjie? That just makes no sense. I fought them for hours with Charak, not like I just logged him off as soon as it started happening. I regeared at least three times, each time having it sacced, until it was apparent I had absolutely no chance of winning against the lot of them. I decided to leave the realms with Charak, and then logged on a different charchter with a perfectly good IC reason to hunt Imperials.

ZulghinlourTue 28-Apr-09 04:03 PM
9792 posts
#79250, "RE: From the sounds of things..."
In response to Reply #15

>So what was I supposed to do Zulg?

I'd start by not threating that you're going to kill and full sac them, then logging in your other character and proceeding to do just that.

>Because they ganged my
>mino I cant then log on my conjie? That just makes no sense.

See above...

>I decided to leave the realms with Charak, and then logged on a
>different charchter with a perfectly good IC reason to hunt
>Imperials.

And a perfectly OOC rule-breaking reason to. Obviously in your mind you blinded yourself with the good IC reason, when in reality, all you were doing was chasing the OOC reason.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

HeadingOut (Guest)Tue 28-Apr-09 04:16 PM

#79259, "RE: From the sounds of things..."
In response to Reply #21

All that, and you failed to answer the question, or even get near the point. If I am ganked with one charachter, I cant log on a diffeent one? My conjie had a perfectly good reason to hunt Imperials IC, and he did it IC. Just stating that your words are LAW over an over seems kinda narcissistic.

Heckler (Guest)Tue 28-Apr-09 04:21 PM

#79261, "RE: The Point"
In response to Reply #27

"If I am ganked with one charachter, I cant log on a diffeent one?"

No. No you cannot.

Will you stop whining now?

Lightmaged (Guest)Tue 28-Apr-09 07:10 PM

#79283, "Heres your problem...."
In response to Reply #27

You should have gotten revenge. THats a given. Hell, I have rolled up a char just to PK some douche.

Had you logged in later, after a cooling off period, and started playing your new char, then great....kill your enemies and full loot a few of them that you have OOC knowledge of them being pricks....Provided A) Your char has a justifiable roleplayed reason for being enemy with these people, and B) You make some semblence to keep both chars seperated in action, goals.

BUT you logged right in, conjured, then walked to the area you knew your enemies were laying traps. Thats multicharring, to achieve your goal..

You have to be somewhat smart about it....

Abernytee (Guest)Sat 02-May-09 01:14 PM

#79427, "Agreed."
In response to Reply #44

I would have done the same and probably would have reacted the same as you are now and later I will cool down and realise that I did wander onto eastern with my conjurer knowing they would do as they have been so I can #### them over. Come back when you have chilled a bit. I am with you for your reasons but the imms are also right.

-----Abernyte

ViceVersa (Guest)Tue 28-Apr-09 04:07 PM

#79252, "Ok, never mind, don't take the stance of an imm"
In response to Reply #15

Say that I play a warrior and you and your buddies gang the crap out of me..3 times. Then I say #### this, I'm going to multikill and loot your sorry asses, get on with my thief, jack your stuff, get on with my necromancer/AP, multikill you, get on with my assassin, stalk and assassinate you...all in the span of a hour.

Sure, my 'innocent' intentions are that I want to play the game. To any onlooker who knows who you play, your 'innocent' intentions mean squat.

'Perfectly good IC reason to hunt Imperials.'

That justification doesn't fly in the overwhelming implication that you were out there for revenge. It's a judgement based on substantial evidence - you were playing for many many hours fighting the same people for many many hours and just happen to log on with another character to fight the same people.

I do believe you, somewhat, that it wasn't your intention to multichar. Just as it wasn't your intention to go on the Eastern Road somehow knowing that you'll meet the Imperials there. And as douchebaggery those Imperials are, comparing IP for a character involved in the same battles just screams that you were there solely to get revenge, not just visiting grandma's house with a basket of pastries.

In the end, it was a judgement call - I seriously don't know any way you can get out of this one given that the imms have logs of what actually happened. Intent doesn't matter.

IsildurTue 28-Apr-09 04:23 PM
5969 posts
#79262, "RE: From the sounds of things..."
In response to Reply #15

Did your conjie have a perfectly good reason to full-sac Imperials?

It seems pretty clear that your conjie's actions were motivated by the previous encounters your minotaur had experienced with that group of characters.

To avoid even the appearance of guilt, you should have either just not logged back on, or logged on a character that was not in the PK of those Imperials.

HeadingOut (Guest)Tue 28-Apr-09 04:27 PM

#79266, "RE: From the sounds of things..."
In response to Reply #30

I admitted that the full sac was defintely an OOC thing, what I cant understand is the fact that because they were ganking me over an over with one charachter, I cant log that charachter off and log on any charachter I want. Basically your telling me that their actions determine what charachters I can and cannot play and when. I didnt just log off right after it started happening, I fought them for HOURS with the mino before logging on a different charchter. And yes, I logged on a charchter with an IC reason to hunt Imperials, does that make his reason any less IC, not in my opinion.

incognitoTue 28-Apr-09 06:33 PM
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#79280, "however bad they were being"
In response to Reply #33

You didn't just log off a char getting ganked and play another char.

You logged off a char getting ganked and logged on a character with the specific tools to kill the gankers, and then proceeded to do just that.

Had you instead gone exploring, or ranking, or whatever with your conjie, this threat wouldn't exist.

Honestly, I'm not excusing what they did. It sounds ####ty (although I too will sometimes full sac someone because they said they'd do it to me, and if they continue to do so I'll consider killing them again and doing it again). It also sounds as if they might indeed be a known ooc connection that people are not willing to name names on. But unfortunately the imms can't start making exceptions to the multi-charring rule. Equally unfortunately you provided them with very strong evidence of your wrong-doing. We can only assume that that is not the case with those you had issues with, at this point in time.

DwoggurdTue 28-Apr-09 08:14 PM
Member since 20th Jan 2004
668 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#79284, "The dude had to login..."
In response to Reply #13

With him imperial and join the gang!
It would be less cheating or so.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #79227 Previous topic | Next topic