Subject: "(DELETED) [BATTLE] Firhindil Yahsrief the Legend of the..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #79217
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 27-Apr-09 05:36 PM
Member since 03rd Oct 2024
17207 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#79217, "(DELETED) [BATTLE] Firhindil Yahsrief the Legend of the Battlefield"

Mon Apr 27 17:32:30 2009

At 11 o'clock AM, Day of Freedom, 32nd of the Month of the Dragon
on the Theran calendar Firhindil perished, never to return.

Race:elf
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:165

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Bought PBF but forgot to enter in char name., Forsakenz (Guest), 29-Apr-09 09:42 AM, #8
Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Firhindil Yahsrief the Legend of..., Flimbert (Guest), 28-Apr-09 10:26 PM, #7
Reply Thoughts and goodbyes., Forsakenz (Guest), 27-Apr-09 06:33 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Thoughts and goodbyes., GrawNShams (Guest), 27-Apr-09 07:07 PM, #2
     Reply You., Forsakenz (Guest), 27-Apr-09 08:56 PM, #3
     Reply Dude, let's totally roll assassin/ranger Nexuns togethe..., TMNS (Guest), 28-Apr-09 02:16 AM, #4
     Reply I enjoyed fighting you., Lirieleth (Guest), 28-Apr-09 08:29 PM, #5
     Reply ug...you were a tough fight., Dierj (Guest), 28-Apr-09 10:02 PM, #6
     Reply Actual goodbyes, yay!, Forsakenz (Guest), 30-Apr-09 02:21 PM, #9
     Reply Thanks. You still suck for deleting. :), Malakhi (Guest), 30-Apr-09 03:48 PM, #10
     Reply RE: Actual goodbyes, yay!, Maktess (Guest), 30-Apr-09 06:07 PM, #11
     Reply Thanks for the kind words..., Dolce (Guest), 01-May-09 07:47 AM, #12
     Reply Classy villager, Ahtieli2 (Guest), 02-May-09 03:12 PM, #13
     Reply Classy lich., Forsakenz (Guest), 03-May-09 10:20 PM, #17
          Reply I will post our conversation, Ahtieli2 (Guest), 04-May-09 07:28 AM, #21
               Reply Sure thing., Forsakenz (Guest), 04-May-09 08:58 AM, #23
     Reply RE: Actual goodbyes, yay!, Khalla (Guest), 02-May-09 09:29 PM, #14
     Reply Dude., Forsakenz (Guest), 03-May-09 10:23 PM, #18
     Reply I remember that time you attacked me, Caztor (Guest), 03-May-09 06:25 PM, #15
     Reply RE: I remember that time you attacked me, Isildur, 03-May-09 06:44 PM, #16
     Reply Yep. : ), Forsakenz (Guest), 03-May-09 10:35 PM, #19
     Reply Wow, Woldrun (Guest), 04-May-09 08:16 AM, #22
     Reply Rarely got to watch this char, Yean, 03-May-09 11:36 PM, #20
     Reply RE: Thoughts and goodbyes., Nidblot (Guest), 06-May-09 11:03 AM, #24

Forsakenz (Guest)Wed 29-Apr-09 09:42 AM

#79309, "Bought PBF but forgot to enter in char name."
In response to Reply #0

The email will have my dallevian account or my work account.

Thanks.

Flimbert (Guest)Tue 28-Apr-09 10:26 PM

#79297, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Firhindil Yahsrief the Legend of..."
In response to Reply #0

Hey we had a lot of good back and forth fights. We had a very interesting matchup between your legacy/specs and my forms and it made for some very dynamic fights. Just so you know yes I could in fact read your mind I play a lot of warriors and villagers and after a while you just get a feel for when someone is gonna wanna do what, were I you i would have gone for the deathblow pugil vs me a little more but you did a very very very standup job of fighting me so thats only a minor thing I think you could have used to be a little more effective vs the lion/porcupines combo.

Forsakenz (Guest)Mon 27-Apr-09 06:33 PM

#79218, "Thoughts and goodbyes."
In response to Reply #0

This was a fun character. Special thanks go to Zulgh for running a few double exp days. I missed the first weekend but caught the one on New Year's day and a bit of one later on and I must say it really helped. The sliding exp scale is a great bonus, too, an extra 15 - 25% goes a long way. Thanks imms for making the game that much less time consuming for casual players.

Conversely, this character had awful learning rates. I've had fire giants and duergar that have learned skills at a better rate than this elf. I perfected parry the mob before I hero'd. I perfected spin at level 37(ish). And I tanked 2/3s of my ranking life. Misdirect, crescent, stun, ironhands...it's a shame how impossible they were to learn.

The build. I'd been wanting to try this about the time Quiltell started posting logs. HPM is as strong as always. I knew swiftstrike would be my bell winner and it really was. STSF was a joke, truth be told. I rarely got observations as the fights were over way too quick (pk, flee, or me dead). I landed 4 kills with STSF blocking flee. In my opinion, daggers are what make STSF. Maledictions and a drawn-out fight are a necessity to get good mileage out of the legacy. I chose, against my better judgment, to do spear/hand. I did not want to be too powergame-y. This combo would roll nearly everyone if it was built around dagger/mace stsf/hpm. I hope someone does it. : ) Anyway, my edges more than anything else gave me the upper-hand in the majority of my fights. Flipside to that is I had a terrible time with abs offensive shifters - they could just run through me way too fast. If I did not thirst, I had 0% chance of winning. Thirst gave me a 1/3 chance, in my opinion. Stacking despoil onto that limited it even more. But hey, I would never complain about it because few other combos (outside of giant sword, lich, abs ap) had a chance against this build.

Daevryn/Nepenthe. Thanks for the tattoo, honored to have earned it. Your questy challenges made the character, believe it or not. Seeing those through and learning some new things in areas I'd never explored made me proud of my little sphere pride elf. Thanks for all of that. The gear was just icing on the cake, better than most imm rewards I've ever seen.

Battle imms. I rarely interacted with you guys, I think you're mostly daytime players. I loved when the Destructor commented about Woldrun and me raiding the Island, killing Soerd and Kassibaz, losing the key, taking it again through both of them, and then killing them once more. It felt good to be noticed. Now, whoever was acting as the D when we started the current quest...dude, were you drunk?? : D I hope it goes well, though I'm pretty sure I saw it coming. I can't wait to say 'I knew it!' Other than that, thanks for the Rites, the new area is super awesome. Please consider having everyone use a bag of standard gear, though. The fights need to be more drawn out for all the classes not warrior. Also, I'm glad I wasn't the only one to notice that other people stopped playing their battle chars because they were afraid to lose gear before the rites. Sad pandas.

Playerbase. Mucho respect. I saw very, very few things that made me cringe. I was never full looted though I did lose all my gear after dying to Imperials and it crashed. Maybe you imms could force a save when a character gets all his things from his own corpse? At most, I bet I looted no more than 2 things from any opponents' corpse. For the most part that respect was shown back. Kudos. I never expected such respect amongst the playerbase but it sure was nice.

Like I mentioned above, I'm ready for a new challenge. I wanted to get drillmaster but at the same time I don't play enough to justify getting it. I wonder if I averaged 10 hours a week, and I had zero other chars. Being a goodie meant I had to be very careful with fighting all the other good-aligned characters. I prefer being evil because the range to play against is so much larger and I like that more. I had several sessions with no enemies. That's boring. There's only so many times I can raid before that gets boring too. So. Time to get thinking on what's next (probably something that can hide/camo so I can tend to a wailing baby!). I'll entertain any questions or comments. I'll also post some individual goodbyes later tonight or at work tomorrow, but I'm ready to go home now.

Cheers.

GrawNShams (Guest)Mon 27-Apr-09 07:07 PM

#79219, "RE: Thoughts and goodbyes."
In response to Reply #1

Heh. I knew after I prematurely deleted Quiltell that someone would eventually prove how gross it was. Yeah. Flail made it grosser for me, but I can only imagine hpm + thirst. Well done.

It was funny when grawshen/fir got in a tussle at the arena. I saw you had exotics on and I was like '####. I've played this combo before, I dont have a chance against it.'

Well done.

Forsakenz (Guest)Mon 27-Apr-09 08:56 PM

#79220, "You."
In response to Reply #2

When I rolled this character, I actually said to myself 'You're going to play like Shamanman.' I think I did that pretty well. If there was a mage there, even against 2v1 odds, I'd stick around until someone died.

I said it once already but Grawshen was an awesome character. I love how you play.

TMNS (Guest)Tue 28-Apr-09 02:16 AM

#79222, "Dude, let's totally roll assassin/ranger Nexuns togethe..."
In response to Reply #1

Seriously. PERMA. SNARE. TINY IRON DAGGER!

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw!

Lirieleth (Guest)Tue 28-Apr-09 08:29 PM

#79285, "I enjoyed fighting you."
In response to Reply #1

You were able to handle my forms on a fairly consistent basis. So much so that I was growing a bit disconcerted until our last encounter. Not sure what happened to you there, but it almost seemed like you were in panic mode when it got tight, and it lead to you running in the wrong direction with the gates closed in the city. Sorry I took what I did, but I had a pretty valid reason to hate that wrath batter, considering you'd used it twice previously to lag me out and it lead to my demise. You managed to throw out some pretty nasty damage for an elf, I was impressed. Well played and luck with whatever you roll up next.

Liri

Dierj (Guest)Tue 28-Apr-09 10:02 PM

#79294, "ug...you were a tough fight."
In response to Reply #1

I took an edge just for you, and you up and delete! bastard! Robbing me of victory even in death! Seriously though, good fights. That one at the south gate of hamsah was pretty nice.

Good luck and stuff

Forsakenz (Guest)Thu 30-Apr-09 02:21 PM

#79341, "Actual goodbyes, yay!"
In response to Reply #1

Battle

Woldrun. Great, great job, it's like the second coming of Minalcar, my all time favorite rager. I thought you made a better drillmaster than commander, but that was mostly because of your religion/role. Thanks for showing me a lot of things, knowing a lot of random stuff, always being willing to go do something, and having fun.

Borkahd. Congrats on imming. I logged on to delete, back in the mid 30s, because I was going to be traveling quite a bit and I felt bad for taking up a spot. You were super cool about it and basically left me alone. I probably shouldn't have ignored you so much but you made Firhindil very uncomfortable, so I just kept my distance.

Grawshen. I said my piece already. I love how you play.

Goroel. Same as above. Exploring Yzekon with you was tiring but fun. Thanks for helping me get that item.

Malthalia. So good. I wish I could play days just to hang out more with you and do stuff. Thanks to you, too, for exploring dragons, Yzekon, and Octagonal. You are invaluable to the Village and I hate that you missed our on the Rites. Congrats on Mageslayer though!

Vex/Jiel. Just cool dudes all around.

Grogara. My compadre. I hate how ocd you are on playing. You're the best, man.

Bedekelea. Ha. You know I dig you. I think this is the first time in years and years that we got to play somewhat alongside each other. Glad you hero'd, too bad you spent too much time midbie killing and dying.

Selene. Girl, I missed you. Fun times ranking together, I really liked you.

Ignacio. Brash little bugger. You knew how to pk, though. Well done.

Cyrus. I still don't know what happened. Ah well.

Malakhi. I expect great things. Great things!

Susu. Way to step up, I hope good things come your way.

Fortress

Kasir. We had a solid relationship. You were probably the only Maran I'd go out of my way to do something for. Thanks for being willing to at least attempt some Satebos hunts, keeping me informed on things, and being my eyes at times (though the one time I tell you it's unnecessary I wind up getting assassinated). Good luck with everything.

Lortas. Thanks for the exploring, you were very competent and good for me to question on random things.

Sarien. You did realize that I'd often be thirsting, so when you'd walk in to see what's going on after an opponent flees and I attacked you...I dunno, you always seemed caught off guard and offended. : ) I wanted to smack you around so many times for hunting evil ragers (and would have if you had just attacked the giant).

Adelin/Ail. Healers are nice.

Maktess. Gah. We hatch a plan, get wanted, and you couldn't follow through on the kill. Shame shame! I'm glad I made up for your blundering later on, heh. I have a secret...

Trib

Nidblot. Much respect, good conversations, nice character. I can understand to resorting to using rot after everything else seems worthless (but I don't have to like it). You seemed very classy and did your job well. Nice.

Shalsad. Not so much. Had I known that you were trying to loot Valdora's corpse on eastern after I killed him, I would have made more of an effort to lag you so you couldn't loot/revert/word.

Adeglichf. Good luck. Glad I killed you finally.

Outlander

Mreash. Enjoyed the talks, it inspired me to send that note to outlander. You had style.

Calue. Fun little guy.

Valdora. Already mentioned I dug you.

Datsue. See above. I like your chars.

Ery. Don't try to gank someone and then complain when you die and lose 1 or 2 pieces of gear. I don't care about how the pique feels. Oh, I gave your exotic fan to Tahren, by the way. I shoulda just killed you at the chasm but I couldn't justify it, even though you had previously attacked me.

Jolindar. Sorry for punishing you on eastern that one time but I had Nidblot and Iktul after me. Nice character, though.

Scion

Every one of you...much respect. Classiest bunch of Scions I've ever seen. All of you offensive shifters were too much to handle when abs'd up. But I just couldn't force myself to run away. Thanks for the challenging fights.

Ikanu. Air forms are rough, they rarely have to fight on unfavorable terms. Wasp/hummingbird is so much worse because the chance to lag them before they shift into furious balls of hell is so diminished.

Dierj. Great fight at Hamsah gates. I'll post it but it's me looking like an idiot. I thought I was forgotten and so I couldn't batter you, but I kept trying hoping it'd wear off on the tick or something... my weapon was just disarmed and sitting there by the gate guard. Har.

Lierieleth, good fights.

Flimbert. Same as all the others. Porc/lion was fun to fight. I -almost- got you at the archmage, back when my balls were bigger.

Caztor. Ouch. You were nasty as well, thanks for the fun though.

Mizheng. Sorry, I just don't think you had a chance. I hope you're having fun, growlypants.

Empire

Ahtieli. So good. So classy (at least to me). Thanks for the respect. I think you've been a great Emperor and have a really cool character. I'm surprised you've been able to stick around this long with the character, I think the boredom would have gotten the best of me. You're a powerhouse but you can really decimate and punish in cabal wars solo when you want to. Nice job.

Dolce. I think I said it already but giant sword warriors were a pain. Armageddon is a pain and made me cringe several times. Thanks for the fights and always being cool. Good luck, play more, kill a lot.

Gollywin. Already said my respects.

I hope I'm not forgetting any but for the most part the rest of the cabal includes a lot of faceless herd members. Come on guys, do something big.

Uncabal'd

Satebos. I wish I had blocked one more flee on you when you found me on Kiadana still thirsting. I figure you found me writhing or so. I had to be careful around due to summon and locked doors but I did try and press you when appropriate.

Iunna. The random interactions were amusing. Your followers were all pretty cool.

Tellik. You better believe I was going to beat you down if I ever caught up with you again. : P

Nexus

Delagny. I got you, you got me...I liked you a lot.

Kassibaz. Said it already but you really could have tooled me more often than you realize. Awesome character. Your disdain for ragers was well-played. I appreciate the mutual respect.

Soerd. Heheh.

Jnoxri. Haven't seen you in a while. Nice job, you were rough to handle at times.

Alright, I hope that covers everyone. The playerbase as a whole was impressively cool. Keep it up, folks, and we'll be having fun for many more years. That is, until CF decides to go mmorpg (and maintain its depth and complexity!).

Forsakenz

Malakhi (Guest)Thu 30-Apr-09 03:48 PM

#79344, "Thanks. You still suck for deleting. :)"
In response to Reply #9

> Malakhi. I expect great things. Great things!

It's been an awesome ride so far. And learning experience.

Maktess (Guest)Thu 30-Apr-09 06:07 PM

#79351, "RE: Actual goodbyes, yay!"
In response to Reply #9

Hey! Its not my fault he didn't spam heal =(

Seriously though, you were freaking mean. I was damn glad you were on my side.

Glad to see you still lurking around saken.

Dolce (Guest)Fri 01-May-09 07:47 AM

#79368, "Thanks for the kind words..."
In response to Reply #9

I think we both knew that me fighting you with a huge iron sword was usually going to be bad news to you - but that never stopped you from trying... and for that, much respect.

I've played quite a few ragers through the years, and I love the mentality of most of the cabal players, you included. No complaints, no bitching, just bloodshed and excitement. And I really think that's what CF should be about.

See you in the fields.

Ahtieli2 (Guest)Sat 02-May-09 03:12 PM

#79429, "Classy villager"
In response to Reply #9

It makes me sad that we did not fight more, it was fun and you were tough(as much as you can be tough vs lich ). I was thinking that one day you will gang me down with Fortress or other ragers.

I remember once I had troubles getting away from you and Fort.

Ah that one time when I offered you to prove your words.. It was fun. By the way.. You were not only person who got such(or similar) offer but you were the only one who agreed.

GLWYN

Forsakenz (Guest)Sun 03-May-09 10:20 PM

#79442, "Classy lich."
In response to Reply #13

Yep, that time in Imperial lands when we were knocking you around I was headless at the moment. A few other Imperials showed up so I hightailed it out of there (and then died to Dolce/you while trying to pick off Xergoth).

I have the log of our duel but it's just a boring old log without the conversation before it. I hate that I missed that in the buffer. The offer was awesome, you played that part so well, and I was glad to partake. Seeing you immediately roll through the Destructor again (pretty much solo) displayed how powerful you are and can be when you need to be.

Way to play man.

Ahtieli2 (Guest)Mon 04-May-09 07:28 AM

#79448, "I will post our conversation"
In response to Reply #17

somewhere for you, so you can fill your log and post it.. if you want. Since I'm not going to post any logs.

Forsakenz (Guest)Mon 04-May-09 08:58 AM

#79451, "Sure thing."
In response to Reply #21

You know how to get a hold of me on qhcf. I'm not sure it'll fit in a private message there. If not, I'll send my email to you.

Thanks.

Khalla (Guest)Sat 02-May-09 09:29 PM

#79432, "RE: Actual goodbyes, yay!"
In response to Reply #9

>Kasir. ... keeping
>me informed on things, and being my eyes at times (though the
>one time I tell you it's unnecessary I wind up getting
>assassinated). Good luck with everything.
>

Yeah that was one of those moments where I knew you knew I was there, I was trying really hard to stay out of sight from Kasir, stepped out a ton of times, and the assassinate still worked. I'm glad nobody looted you as I couldn't stick around to be sure with Woldrun right there.

I was actually morbidly curious to see how many (few) rounds it would take me to die if I had missed. I was also looking forward to try to melee at you sometime. Heart pumping moment though for sure!

glwyn dude you rock.

Forsakenz (Guest)Sun 03-May-09 10:23 PM

#79443, "Dude."
In response to Reply #14

I applaud anyone that takes risks. Nicely done.

Caztor (Guest)Sun 03-May-09 06:25 PM

#79438, "I remember that time you attacked me"
In response to Reply #9

When I was learning on the mount pre scion induction of course. I was lucky to live that day for sure. I fled with around 50hp I think? anyway it was really close and you killed Mizheng if I recall correctly. Then once I heroed and got inducted the fights totally went one sided for the most part. You where still a champ and a beast though. Always willing to give a good fight even when you felt like you couldnt win. Truly its the way villagers should be played. Ballesy and fearless....for the most part anyway. Well good luck with your next and perhaps you will be flown to by a wasp again

IsildurSun 03-May-09 06:44 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#79439, "RE: I remember that time you attacked me"
In response to Reply #15

I'm no rager player, but I feel like nobody should feel obligated to "give someone a fight" if they're virtually assured of not winning, and there's a high percentage they're going to die.

That is, unless there's something to be gained by it. Like saving someone else, paying some sort of RP-based honor debt, etc.

Forsakenz (Guest)Sun 03-May-09 10:35 PM

#79444, "Yep. : )"
In response to Reply #15

You turned out rougher than I hoped...

Tiger/wasp is a very nice combo in that it made it very hard to pin you down long enough to kill you. Shifting to wasp gave you nice inherent damage reduction and deflect hide so even if I was 'winning' you could get away. Those times seemed awfully rare, however.

I hope the rest of the playerbase rewards risk and doesn't punish it. Full sacs make me sad for both parties.

Woldrun (Guest)Mon 04-May-09 08:16 AM

#79450, "Wow"
In response to Reply #9

I'm not sure I measure up to Minalcar, hah. But thanks!

I thought you were a great villager. Your build is one I've thought of trying (even as far as going berserker) but I didn't have the guts. Thanks for showing me it can, indeed, be successful.

I'll be honest - your deletion made a recent decision a lot easier for me. I'd likely have gone the same way I did, but now I have no guilt about not choosing you.

You really seemed to want to go ballzout all the time. I remember a few times watching you thirst and thinking "see, now, I wouldn't have thirsted there, just because I might actually consider pulling back."

That time at the Chasm was just ugly. Wish I could have done a better job of keeping you alive.

Great rager, great char, good luck with the next.

YeanSun 03-May-09 11:36 PM
Member since 23rd Jan 2007
275 posts
#79445, "Rarely got to watch this char"
In response to Reply #1

but I enjoyed what little I did get to see. I thought you were a reliable rager and was never concerned about shady behaviour, despite the hour mismatch.

Nidblot (Guest)Wed 06-May-09 11:03 AM

#79553, "RE: Thoughts and goodbyes."
In response to Reply #1

An impressing char. We had a fine understanding for being duergar vs elf. And i am glad i did not have to fight you more often for several reasons .

Good luck with your next!

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #79217 Previous topic | Next topic