Subject: "(DELETED) [BATTLE] Goroel Fireblood the Fevered Stoker ..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #79088
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 22-Apr-09 03:00 PM
Member since 03rd Oct 2024
17207 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#79088, "(DELETED) [BATTLE] Goroel Fireblood the Fevered Stoker of the Flames, Drillmaster of Battle"

Wed Apr 22 14:59:44 2009

At 4 o'clock AM, Day of the Bull, 15th of the Month of the Shadows
on the Theran calendar Goroel perished, never to return.

Race:dwarf
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:233

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Pity you left, but seems you got quite an interesting l..., Dervish, 22-Apr-09 05:37 PM, #6
Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Goroel Fireblood the Fevered Sto..., Blobqirt, 22-Apr-09 04:52 PM, #3
Reply Dratz., Firhindil (Guest), 22-Apr-09 05:10 PM, #4
Reply RE: Dratz., Blobqirt, 22-Apr-09 05:19 PM, #5
Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Goroel Fireblood the Fevered Sto..., Borkahd, 22-Apr-09 06:10 PM, #7
Reply Gonna miss you, Ahtieli2 (Guest), 22-Apr-09 06:20 PM, #8
Reply RE: Gonna miss you, Blobqirt, 22-Apr-09 06:31 PM, #9
Reply To Goroel: Canada, adelin1 (Guest), 22-Apr-09 06:37 PM, #10
Reply RE: To Goroel: Canada, Blobqirt, 22-Apr-09 08:36 PM, #11
Reply Beardless swill swigin nancy!, Ysaloerye, 22-Apr-09 10:59 PM, #13
Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Goroel Fireblood the Fevered Sto..., Iunna, 23-Apr-09 02:29 AM, #15
Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Goroel Fireblood the Fevered Sto..., Blobqirt, 23-Apr-09 03:47 PM, #19
Reply Haah!, Anckree (Guest), 23-Apr-09 09:01 AM, #16
Reply Way to go, Thomayen (Guest), 23-Apr-09 01:15 PM, #17
Reply Damn, Woldrun (Guest), 23-Apr-09 03:30 PM, #18
Reply RE: Damn, Blobqirt, 23-Apr-09 03:50 PM, #20
Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Goroel Fireblood the Fevered Sto..., Yean, 25-Apr-09 03:16 PM, #21
Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Goroel Fireblood the Fevered Sto..., Mizheng (Guest), 02-May-09 12:57 PM, #22
Reply You just ruined my day., Iunna, 22-Apr-09 03:01 PM, #1
     Reply Interesting Character, Thendrell (Guest), 22-Apr-09 03:24 PM, #2
          Reply RE: Interesting Character, Blobqirt, 22-Apr-09 10:43 PM, #12
               Reply Woah woah woah... will you send me an email blobster?, Shadowlife (Guest), 23-Apr-09 02:17 AM, #14

DervishWed 22-Apr-09 05:37 PM
Member since 11th Oct 2003
617 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via ICQ
#79097, "Pity you left, but seems you got quite an interesting l..."
In response to Reply #0

so good luck with whatever be your next.

You were a tough one.

BlobqirtWed 22-Apr-09 04:52 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
54 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#79094, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Goroel Fireblood the Fevered Sto..."
In response to Reply #0

Where to begin?

I used to play CF a few years back, had a blast, but decided to drop it as it was taking up too much time. Uni, work, etc, lots of things got in the way. Then just over a year ago, now, I decided to leave Aus and go traveling with the intent of working a winter season in Canada. Well, I got here after a bit of traveling before hand and I've had a blast so will definatly be coming back. But during the evenings with nothing to do ($9 an hour means only a few nights of getting legless a week) I figured I would fire up CF again and see what it's like.

I deleted because the season is over up here, and Big White does nothing over the summer, so I am off to find work for another month (hopefully) and then head back to Greece for another summer. I would have kept him going but for the next month I'll likely either have no net or unreliable net and I didn't want to string him along only to delete him in a month when he had become a husk of what he was for me.

This is my first major char since coming back and I've got to say it's as good, if not better, then I remember it.

Goroel was everything I could have wanted him to be and so much more (of which I owe it all to the imms, love you guys). He started out as wanting to follow the Biddy, and along the way I met Grawshen and Iunna by proxy. When I finally caught up with the Biddy she went and crossed the line ICly for me and I decided to run with it, properly run with it, and ended up as one of Iunna's kiddies.

Dwarf sword did remarkably well, I was really surprised. My legacy choices were also awesome. Cry was wicked for a nice heal and massive damage boost and Maelstrom, oh wow, did I love you! I think with my best set, a poncho, warcry and thirst I was over 100 dam and a wrecking ball of dwarf!

Iunna - Wow, just wow. You made this so much more fun for me. You took it to places that I would never have thought I would go and I had a blast just bantering with you. I really wanted to talk to you before I deleted to explain IC as best I could but alas, didn't go down too well. I will definatly be back in some form or other, maybe abit down the line, you're not getting rid of me that easy. I'm sorry for having to delete, seriously you have no idea how much I enjoyed Goroel, but it had to happen. Thank you for making him such a fun character, thank you for the random comments, thank you for the random healing, the random snooping and the random popping out while I was exploring to just shoot the breeze. I owe you so much and I feel so ####ty that I've left you hanging like I did! People like you make me want to age die or hero imm my characters. Before you my favourite character was Golron, dwarf shokai tatt'd maran, but thanks to you Goroel has blown him out of the water for me. All I can say is thank you, nothing else really compares.

Ysal - I understand that you were just jealous of the grog, but it's ok, I am sure Iunna would have given you some if you had asked Thank you for rolling with my beardlessness, and thank you for the belt, I had alot of fun with it! Goroel never did understand how you couldn't get over what happened. The way he saw it is that he was the embodiement of a dwarf so you should have accepted it, even if it were grudgingly. Thanks for making the Rites fun, even if you were just trying to insult me the whole time

Yean - Thanks for the little talk at the end and for being so chilled the few times we met. I hope I made it fun whenever you were watching (if you ever were).

Borkahd - Legend. Was looking forward to rolling with you as a mort and then when you Imm'd you were always there. Mad respect for you IC and OOC and I hope you do great things in Immland.

Woldrun - You are a god damn beast. Much like Borkahd I had nothing but praise for you, you were awesome!

Grawshen - You made it into my role after you wiped out. Was really looking forward to busting caps with you in a compeltely honorable and fun way. You were pretty inspirational to Goroel and were one of the main reasons I hung around Iunna so much, so thank you for roping me in!

Anckree - Drunkard! I hated you for deleting. Had so much fun with you, was also looking forward to along time of bashing heads in but you went and left me as the lone grog drinker!

Thomayen - Legendary, seriously just legendary in all aspects.

Kasir - I remember when we first started to interact. I really loved the sort of respect we gave each other. You would ask a question, I would reply and follow it up with one of my own, or vica versa. I was glad when you got Marshall because I figured you would do really well with it.

Every fight I had, bar none, I enjoyed. Even if I got stomped on. I tried to fight every single fight I had alone, even against groups. I think there were only a couple of times when I was raiding that this was different. A good 95% of my time I had autoassist off, annoying at times, but good when I was in groups and they were getting jumped. Made my life alot easier and alot more fun because people were willing to come at me, knowing I would fight alone.

Kassibaz - I had alot of respect for you. You destroyed me pre-hero, then the tables began to turn. But without entwine it was all over red rover for me. You were smart and yet you were always up for a fight. Thanks for all the good fights, even those where I just got creamed.

Flimbert - I hated you because I was completely out of my league against your forms! But I still had fun trying to get you.

I know I've forgotten alot of people but it's just been such a wild ride!

To the imms, thank you for making such an awesome and fun game. All of the changes made have been great and I've had so much fun coming back into your world. Please keep it up!

Firhindil (Guest)Wed 22-Apr-09 05:10 PM

#79095, "Dratz."
In response to Reply #3

Gone for two weeks and this...

You were a great character, very fun, dynamic, and top-notch on the roleplay. Unfortunately, you were also a terrible drillmaster, but that could simply be me being upset at losing the fight in the Rites to you and then Woldrun selecting you as his drillmaster. Ha!

I'm so glad you stuck around when Iunna screwed the pooch with pfiles. It was a blast getting to know the character and seeing you shine in roleplay and in combat.

Good game, make another.

Fir

BlobqirtWed 22-Apr-09 05:19 PM
54 posts
#79096, "RE: Dratz."
In response to Reply #4

Gah! Forgot you! You were incredibly monstrous for an elf. I was stunned each time I saw you keeping up with my damage in full derns with big weapons. You certainly rocked out!

Yeah, the pfile thing was a massive gut shot for me. I managed to power through the 40s to hit hero, get my legacies, start kicking ass and then Boom! But by that time I was way too hooked with the character so I tried to keep the frustration OOC from the char and just power back on through. What was funny was the double xp day soon after. I log on and the entire time it was running I didn't even gain one level! No groups, range full of mages and people trying to raid kept me from being able to take advantage. Thankfully though it wasn't that long after that I got the 7 levels back.

Keep on trucking and doing what you've been doing!

BorkahdWed 22-Apr-09 06:10 PM
Member since 17th Mar 2009
187 posts
#79098, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Goroel Fireblood the Fevered Sto..."
In response to Reply #3

From the time I inducted you I enjoyed our interactions. Really cool character, I hate to see you leave CF. Hopefully you will be back when you can, you were a very positive influence on the game.

Good luck and safe travels to you!

-----------------
"My view of Borkahd IC"
If you anger him, he'll rape you to death, eat your flesh, and sew your skin into his clothing. And if you're very, very lucky, he'll do it in that order. ~Twist

Ahtieli2 (Guest)Wed 22-Apr-09 06:20 PM

#79105, "Gonna miss you"
In response to Reply #3

One of the outstanding villagers that played/playing lately in rager cabal.

BlobqirtWed 22-Apr-09 06:31 PM
54 posts
#79106, "RE: Gonna miss you"
In response to Reply #8

Hah! You made me laugh alot, but were good fun to go up against. A couple of times I thought I was going to do alot better against you then I did. A couple of times were just funny (summoning me and me trying to get the cents down before I died). I liked your weird sicko RP and you were definatly a major force. Was good to have something to test myself on

adelin1 (Guest)Wed 22-Apr-09 06:37 PM

#79107, "To Goroel: Canada"
In response to Reply #3

completely random throwing it out there, but where in canada were you staying?

BlobqirtWed 22-Apr-09 08:36 PM
54 posts
#79114, "RE: To Goroel: Canada"
In response to Reply #10

I've been up on Big White since mid to late October. 6 hours east of Vancouver.

YsaloeryeWed 22-Apr-09 10:59 PM
Member since 09th Apr 2006
315 posts
#79128, "Beardless swill swigin nancy!"
In response to Reply #3

Ysal - I understand that you were just jealous of the grog, but it's ok, I am sure Iunna would have given you some if you had asked Thank you for rolling with my beardlessness, and thank you for the belt, I had alot of fun with it! Goroel never did understand how you couldn't get over what happened. The way he saw it is that he was the embodiement of a dwarf so you should have accepted it, even if it were grudgingly. Thanks for making the Rites fun, even if you were just trying to insult me the whole time

Truly sorry to see you go. Glad you had fun with everything. I saw it as a very natural dispute between two totally dwarfy dwarfs, both as stubborn as all hell and neither prepared to back down an inch. So it played out IC exactly as it probably should have.
Glad you liked the belt, glad we found a way to get it on you too!
I also had a dwarven beard, I think I made it for one of shamanman's chars or something, that I had in reserve we could have slapped on your chin.
Good job in the Rites, alas I was out of time and couldn't stay for the test of wits so I could have insulted you some more, and good job as Drillmaster.
As always, you know where we will be when you have time to play again.

IunnaThu 23-Apr-09 02:29 AM
473 posts
#79133, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Goroel Fireblood the Fevered Sto..."
In response to Reply #3

>Iunna - Wow, just wow. You made this so much more fun for me.
>You took it to places that I would never have thought I would
>go and I had a blast just bantering with you. I really wanted
>to talk to you before I deleted to explain IC as best I could
>but alas, didn't go down too well. I will definatly be back in
>some form or other, maybe abit down the line, you're not
>getting rid of me that easy. I'm sorry for having to delete,
>seriously you have no idea how much I enjoyed Goroel, but it
>had to happen. Thank you for making him such a fun character,
>thank you for the random comments, thank you for the random
>healing, the random snooping and the random popping out while
>I was exploring to just shoot the breeze. I owe you so much
>and I feel so ####ty that I've left you hanging like I did!
>People like you make me want to age die or hero imm my
>characters. Before you my favourite character was Golron,
>dwarf shokai tatt'd maran, but thanks to you Goroel has blown
>him out of the water for me. All I can say is thank you,
>nothing else really compares.

I had just logged on from O'Hare when I realized I'd forgotten my phone
out in the car. I ran out to the parking lot and when I got back, well. I was
hoping it was a really bad joke. I can't say I didn't see it coming; I had a
dream about it last night - sadly prophetic.

I'm not sure what I could say that would be any different than what
you said, except turning the tables to make it about you. I first
noticed your quips over Battle cb when I was snooping Grawshen,
and I liked you instantly. When you came to the shrine that first time
to put me in my place about things, my only intention was to play
along as a joke, but the whole cake thing got out of hand, and it all
seemed like too much fun to pass up. I enjoyed every minute of it,
and I'm glad you did too. I'll definitely miss it. Thanks for being a
sport and putting up with this crazy gal.

P.S., I totally wouldn't have haxx0rzed your pfile that night if I had known
it would've cost you 6 levels. Le sigh. Also, sorry for the sappy song.
It honestly was the only one that ever reminded me strongly of you.

Your song:

Drink up sweet decadence
I can't say no to you,
And I've completely lost myself, and I don't mind
I can't say no to you.

-Evanescence, Good Enough

BlobqirtThu 23-Apr-09 03:47 PM
54 posts
#79157, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Goroel Fireblood the Fevered Sto..."
In response to Reply #15

A couple more things to get off my chest!

Ysal and Iunna, I was really looking forward to seeing where the whole beardlessness and everything lead. It was one of the things that made this character just so damn fun to play! I kept trying to think of the perfect thing to come and say to the Biddy to put her in her place but it never came to me, but I am pretty sure that no matter what I did throw out there would have been turned into another barrel of fun for me. So thank you for that.

I think the reason I had so much fun with this character was his sense of humour was pretty much my own. So whenever I saw something funny I would remark on it or make a joke about it and it was just so easy to stick to my RP guns on everything. The whole cake thing, the changing of your desc for it, everything, just made it that much more enjoyable. The sparring in your shrine, the death, rolling with the scarring on my face, everything was what made this character so easy for me to love. I hope you do well with the two religions and I hope you go places for CF because you really are an asset to it all.

I will come back, but sadly it won't be for a few months again as I travel the world on my way back to another winter season in Canada. When I do come back I'll be coming back with a vengeance so you had better be ready!

Anckree (Guest)Thu 23-Apr-09 09:01 AM

#79136, "Haah!"
In response to Reply #3

I enjoyed hanging out a ton, and though we've interacted since my deletion I don't think I ever got quite as much of the fun Gor as I did hanging with Anckree.

Good luck with your life man!

Thomayen (Guest)Thu 23-Apr-09 01:15 PM

#79144, "Way to go"
In response to Reply #3

You did excellent with this character. I'm especially impressed with the fact that it was your first attempt after an extended time away. Thanks for the compliments. You were one of the funnest interviews I ever had, and, I loved how you were always telling Thomayen how you'd eclipse him. I can understand the time issue as I'm having trouble finding playing time myself. Sounds like you'll be back, so that's a huge plus for this game! Good luck.

Woldrun (Guest)Thu 23-Apr-09 03:30 PM

#79154, "Damn"
In response to Reply #3

I worried about you deleting. Can't say I regret choosing you as Drillmaster though - I thought you did pretty well. It's too bad you had to delete, but real life happens. Come back when you can, with another high quality char like Goroel!

PS Much respect for sticking it out after getting pfile-nuked. Not sure I could've done it.

BlobqirtThu 23-Apr-09 03:50 PM
54 posts
#79158, "RE: Damn"
In response to Reply #18

Man, if it wasn't for the season ending up here and me having to move on I wouldn't have deleted, I don't think I would have been able to bring myself to it.

You question whether you would have stuck it out after the pfile but for me it wasn't a hard choice. I got to see what my spec and legacy choices were like at hero, I got to kick a couple of people around and I had fun while doing it. It was more frustrating then anything else but because I loved Goroel so much it was easy to just get back on the horse and keep on trucking. The worst bit by far was losing the skill % I had gotten while leveling. God damn entwine and eyejab! You were my bane!

YeanSat 25-Apr-09 03:16 PM
Member since 23rd Jan 2007
275 posts
#79194, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Goroel Fireblood the Fevered Sto..."
In response to Reply #3

Yup you were certainly fun to watch, and deserved all the perks you got. I enjoyed our interactions as well, and thought you were a good choice for Drillmaster.

Mizheng (Guest)Sat 02-May-09 12:57 PM

#79426, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Goroel Fireblood the Fevered Sto..."
In response to Reply #3

I'll be breathing a bit easier!

You as everyone has acknowledged were a beast. Leave for a week and everyone up and deletes. Oh well...we had good interactions...loved how we went at it when we first met in the Underdark. Cya.

IunnaWed 22-Apr-09 03:01 PM
473 posts
#79089, "You just ruined my day."
In response to Reply #0

I've got the PBF.

Thendrell (Guest)Wed 22-Apr-09 03:24 PM

#79091, "Interesting Character"
In response to Reply #1

Didn't have much to do with you, as you seemed to have differences with Ysaloerye, but I remember you getting irritated when I saved you from death in Hamsah, always did wonder if that was why you went away from her in favor of Iunna. Course I think I talked more about you with other people than with you directly down the road, so now I'll never know.

Least I got a chance to duel you in the arena before you went, was planning on doing some more things with you down the road trying to prove how wonderful serving Ysaloerye would have been over Iunna (no offense to Iunna, was strictly rp reasons, think Iunna does a great job), but oh well. See you with your next.

BlobqirtWed 22-Apr-09 10:43 PM
54 posts
#79127, "RE: Interesting Character"
In response to Reply #2

Nah, it was because of how the first interaction with the Biddy went that I turned my back on her. Also there would have been no possible way for you to get Goroel to even consider turning away from Iunna after that. His heart and mind were set in stone.

Shadowlife (Guest)Thu 23-Apr-09 02:17 AM

#79132, "Woah woah woah... will you send me an email blobster?"
In response to Reply #12

If you remember me, that is at least. Erifdel from RS, etc...

IrishMidnight@gmail dotcom

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #79088 Previous topic | Next topic