Subject: "(DELETED) [BATTLE] Vexarrin the Kaiden" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #79031
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 20-Apr-09 05:20 PM
Member since 03rd Oct 2024
17207 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#79031, "(DELETED) [BATTLE] Vexarrin the Kaiden"

Mon Apr 20 17:17:27 2009

At 8 o'clock PM, Day of Thunder, 31st of the Month of Futility
on the Theran calendar Vexarrin perished, never to return.

Race:arial
Class:assassin
Level:49
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:128

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Goodbyes, Charade, 20-Apr-09 06:20 PM, #2
Reply RE: Goodbyes, Kasir (Guest), 20-Apr-09 08:40 PM, #4
Reply Good job, Vex., Firhindil (Guest), 20-Apr-09 09:22 PM, #5
Reply Your experience with the Rites completely echoes mine., TMNS (Guest), 20-Apr-09 10:20 PM, #6
Reply RE: Your experience with the Rites completely echoes mi..., Charade, 20-Apr-09 11:07 PM, #8
Reply Keepin' it real with the -8 con? Nice. That might beat ..., Shams (Guest), 28-Apr-09 01:16 PM, #20
     Reply Son. you've lost more in a week., TMNS (Guest), 28-Apr-09 05:50 PM, #21
Reply RE: Goodbyes, Mizheng (Guest), 20-Apr-09 10:57 PM, #7
Reply In regards to the mage vs rager argument, EXB, 20-Apr-09 11:22 PM, #9
Reply RE: In regards to the mage vs rager argument, Charade, 20-Apr-09 11:39 PM, #10
Reply Cheetah: Whoever the cheetah was on the mount that foug..., Ospinkin (Guest), 21-Apr-09 05:55 AM, #11
Reply RE: Goodbyes, Koe (Guest), 21-Apr-09 06:40 AM, #12
Reply RE: Goodbyes, Borkahd, 21-Apr-09 07:18 AM, #13
Reply Thanks for the rec, Malakhi (Guest), 21-Apr-09 01:03 PM, #14
Reply I liked Vex but, incognito, 21-Apr-09 01:07 PM, #15
Reply RE: I liked Vex but, Charade, 21-Apr-09 03:27 PM, #16
     Reply I have no problem with it, Daurwyn2 (Guest), 21-Apr-09 04:04 PM, #17
Reply Thanks, Woldrun (Guest), 23-Apr-09 03:27 PM, #18
Reply No Prob..., Yean, 25-Apr-09 02:59 PM, #19
Reply You were pretty gung-ho, Lirieleth (Guest), 29-Apr-09 01:58 AM, #22
Reply Dang man, what happened?, Thrallin (Guest), 20-Apr-09 05:44 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Dang man, what happened?, Charade, 20-Apr-09 06:21 PM, #3

CharadeMon 20-Apr-09 06:20 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
120 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#79033, "Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #0

Well, fun in battle as always. Fourteen years and I'd never played a girl. Thought it'd be something different. And i never looked at Sirine island so I wanted to explore it. Jackass me took a wrong turn and still ended up in jail. I didn't want to make a normal rager type chick. The I'm as tough as the guys girl. I wanted a touch more girly. Hadn't had a berserker in years so I went back. Assassins make decent zerkers, epecially in better hands than mine I'm sure but I gotta echo Jiel's goodbye post. You still miss alot on mastered skills. You start a fight and miss your first 2-3 kot's and kans, and things get ####ty quick at hero.

Village is stupidly strong right now and it was getting fustratiing playing Vex so I figured now would be a good time to leave. Anyway.....

THE GOOD:

Mid levels: at around 30-35 I was MONSTEROUS. really the power lvl for assassins. I felt like a lich and so i took ALOT more chances. The fire giant and bard that beat me in Darsylon, nice job I got SUPER cocky and you made me pay for it.

Rites: Well run and a good time even though I got creamed. Vanish in the Rites area, at least some parts would be nice for entwining. just a thought.

THE BAD:

Skills: Maybe is was because I was a lower lvl then my opponents but I did seem to miss in PK.

Strangle: Worthless in PK. Must have tried 20 times at got 1 on an orc. Kinda ####ty to have to spend edge points just to make it viable, if it even does. I didn't buy it.

Village DB whiners: I don't speak on ABS and magey stuff too much because I don't play mages very often. I am not well versed in the subject so I keep my mouth shut. I cannot stand when people scream about the village and have never played one. If it's so easy, then do it. Show us. Put up or shut up. Rack up a beautiful PK ratio. Until then, discuss. I love open debate. As long as its intelligent. But you can't speak intelligently against something if you've only seen one side. On that note, I have played a decent amount of Ragers and some mages and others that have gone against ragers. 25-35, DB could be toned down a bit. But I can honestly say DB won me 1 fight in all the fights I had. The others I was either winning solidly or losing solidly. So DB either made it a quicker kill or didn't really help me. I've looked at alot of my fights and I don't think DB ever turned the tide of one of them.

Shifters: Dear God are they rough on an assassin. Caltraps and Axe kick and nerve is all I really have to lower damage. I got CREAMED by shifters. I could see guys salivating when I tried to give them a good fight. I met alot of competent ones and had some great fights.

Rites: It went from 3-6 of us always around to the Rites being posted and no one but Woldrun on for a week. Sure I missed some, but seemed like no one wanted to lose their set before which is kinda cheesy. I have always wanted to see a set of Rager battle armor. Chest, shoulders, helmet, leggings, armguards, boots abd guantlets.
All give you 10 hit 10 damage 8 str 7 dex 6 con and 150 hp. Average helmet saves for cranial and average saves for mental against bards because I doubt anyone is gearing for mental saves in the Rites. Enough to survive a boneshatter or whirl or Kot, but 2 or three start to have an effect. The eq crumbles if you pass the giant and its only available at the Rites. Think this would add a bit more skill and tactics to the Rites and save people from just guarding their gear till then. Made of leather and metal so the armor skills can still be used, -250 armor, and weighs 150 lbs so people can still dodge. Obviously, you can play with these how you want, and bring whatever shield you want with you, but I thought it may make it a bit more fair. Just a thought.

GOODBYES: (no particular order)

Borkahd: Easy to see why you Immed: Perfect Commander with beautiful RP. LOVED your character.

Woldrun: Another beast and great character. Keep at em.

Goroel: Great Drillmaster and character. Really respected you.

Setsero: my favorite bard. Loved your RP, where'd ya go?

Jieloeud: A good defender. Liked to travel with you.

Susubienko: You got a very good charater going there and they chose well for this quest going. Keep at it. my only regret is not being able to see the end of it.

Ignacio: The cheuvanist. I liked your RP ALOT! You could always make a girl feel wanted.

Firhindil: Nice to have another girl about early on.

Kasir: Good talk between us at the Whitecloaks. Loved you as Tarinthil, liked you as Vex.

Malikhi and the rest of the young Villagers: Got a stable group coming up in the ranks. Gonna be rough on the other side. Keep at em.

Flimbert: only fought once but our interaction at the end (after you tooled me bad) was great. Thanks.

Bedigink: After the gang on the mount I wasn't very impressed. You seem like a DB whiner. Hope I'm just misreading it.

Lirieleth: Always up for a fight and ALWAYS classy. One of my favorite opponents.

Mizheng: Ditto. Had my second favorite fight ever with you at the orcs. Your a class act. Good character.

Cheetah: Whoever the cheetah was on the mount that fought me, my favorite fight. right down to the wire with me barely sqeeking it out. Thanks.

Traphe: The only Empire that comes to mind as decent. You kept trying to fight me even though it was a bad match up for you and never called in help. I respect that alot. The rest of the Empire gank squad could learn something from that. But the leader positions are some of the worst so I guess lead by example. *shrug*

IMMS: Thats to the Battle Imms for being so great and thanks to yean for our interactions. I'll try to make a better character to follow you next time. I really liked your religion.

Anyway. Yell at me and i'll try to yell back. Thanks for the fun.

Kasir (Guest)Mon 20-Apr-09 08:40 PM

#79036, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #2

>Kasir: Good talk between us at the Whitecloaks. Loved you as
>Tarinthil, liked you as Vex.

Heh. I was ready to rock you if you wouldn't back down. Would have been interesting to see how that might have gone down. Think you were wounded, though, so maybe not that interesting after all.

Firhindil (Guest)Mon 20-Apr-09 09:22 PM

#79038, "Good job, Vex."
In response to Reply #2

You're a cool player, I enjoyed the character and the few times we ran around together.

I'll echo about the Rites as I noticed that by the second day. EVERYONE stopped showing up to play except Woldrun, you, Jiel, and me. If others did play it was outside my usual time frame. Like you said, people decided to squat on gear and not risk losing it. I know I took a few less risks. Back when BT ran the first Rites I was in, we actually had a backpack of gear and we couldn't wear anything but that. It had some basic +stats, exactly like you mentioned. And we had to use rager weapons. Not to digress too much, but I'm not too fond of how the Rites were done this time. Stacking on 50 dam really tilts the Rites to RBW - fights should last longer than 6-8 rounds (even though I was rooting for Woldrun from that start).

Fir

TMNS (Guest)Mon 20-Apr-09 10:20 PM

#79041, "Your experience with the Rites completely echoes mine."
In response to Reply #2

I lost 8 con the week before! 8!!!!!

CharadeMon 20-Apr-09 11:07 PM
120 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#79043, "RE: Your experience with the Rites completely echoes mi..."
In response to Reply #6

Oh T, man thats a beating. I was lucky enough to be able to hide. 8 con though wow. Find me a mage that has lost that much in a week. Heh.

Shams (Guest)Tue 28-Apr-09 01:16 PM

#79225, "Keepin' it real with the -8 con? Nice. That might beat ..."
In response to Reply #6

f

TMNS (Guest)Tue 28-Apr-09 05:50 PM

#79277, "Son. you've lost more in a week."
In response to Reply #20

Don't be modest. That's why you're my hero!

I may be exaggerating, but I know I had AT LEAST two sessions where I lost 2+ con.

It's what led to the Nepenthe comment on my PBF about the hulking fire giant etc.

Mizheng (Guest)Mon 20-Apr-09 10:57 PM

#79042, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #2

Hey we did have some good fights. Thanks for the compliment. Was hoping to get another shot at you sometime. ah well. Cya in the fields.

EXBMon 20-Apr-09 11:22 PM
Member since 15th Jun 2005
102 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#79044, "In regards to the mage vs rager argument"
In response to Reply #2

I've never viewed it as "oh, ragers have it easy". I've always viewed it as they don't have much to lose and they don't have to invest much time in that regard.

I have played battle a long long while ago and it was great fun to go balls to the wall. I think it is harder to go balls to the wall non-battle though. Typically, this is because of your preps that you have at stake to lose.

As a battle, it is also easier to dust yourself off with resist and such.

Granted, this is all my opinion... I'm still not a big fan of battle, but with the recent mage changes I am leaning towards making a character. (This will be after the swelling wave of lowbie applicants disperse though)

ps, and after my current character is good and dead of course.

CharadeMon 20-Apr-09 11:39 PM
120 posts
#79045, "RE: In regards to the mage vs rager argument"
In response to Reply #9

Good points EXB. Everything you say is true. Especially about the picking yourself up. The time investment is sooo much less with Village. Espescially now since I was never once full looted. I think I lost more than three things about twice with this character, so A mage has it MUCH rougher in that regard.

Ospinkin (Guest)Tue 21-Apr-09 05:55 AM

#79049, "Cheetah: Whoever the cheetah was on the mount that foug..."
In response to Reply #2

I remember that fight. It was close. But that may be because I only used stone skin. I liked to test villagers out the first time to see how I would do without any ABS. Usually I would end up fleeing immediately. But since I had experience with cheetah vs assassins I thought I might pull it off. Nope. Well done.

Koe (Guest)Tue 21-Apr-09 06:40 AM

#79051, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #2

I think it's more people who don't know preps and non mages that have a problem with deathblow. My ranger got whacked for 480hp from a single non vuln hit today. Even then, I've never considered deathblow to be the most frustrating thing, it's resistance to me. When you normally do mangle-devos and go to injures through small decimates on a viallger... you can outmelee them and all they have to do is bash until that deathblow goes through because you can't hurt them, unelss you gang them or get them with it down. I think it's the combination that's truely deadly. As for the shifters, they are terrorizing everyone right now... except maybe the liches. Flyto:shift offense with full ABS is just nasty and the new forms have some real slick moves now.

BorkahdTue 21-Apr-09 07:18 AM
Member since 17th Mar 2009
187 posts
#79053, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #2

Thank you very much for the kind words. As a mortal I tried to bring Battle back from a bad spot and hopefully I accomplished that. I chose a good Drillmaster (now commander) and he helped a lot with that goal. RP was always number one for me but the PKing was a lot of fun to

Anyway, I enjoyed your character very much and will miss the rp. I really hope to see you back around in some form, you are a positive cog in the CF machine.

-----------------
"My view of Borkahd IC"
If you anger him, he'll rape you to death, eat your flesh, and sew your skin into his clothing. And if you're very, very lucky, he'll do it in that order. ~Twist

Malakhi (Guest)Tue 21-Apr-09 01:03 PM

#79057, "Thanks for the rec"
In response to Reply #2

And thanks for the couple opportunities I had to observe your cabal defenses/retrievals. Hopefully some of your fearlessness will rub off on me

incognitoTue 21-Apr-09 01:07 PM
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#79058, "I liked Vex but"
In response to Reply #2

if I'm not the one that you think deathblow killed, I think the true total is higher than 1.

Sure, you were winning the fight, but I'd have got to flee were it not for deathblow. Drow AP you killed in Drogan hills.

CharadeTue 21-Apr-09 03:27 PM
120 posts
#79061, "RE: I liked Vex but"
In response to Reply #15

>Actually it was the Ospinkin fight that I was talkin about. Lemme go back and look for the log, or if you got it throw it on the other board Incog. You could be easily right about it. Seem to remember that fight. And yea, You're right that DB does seal kills, but I guess I'm making a distiction between winning and killing. It didn't win me that fight but taking your word for it it did get me the kill. Especailly in mid levels where all it takes is one to do it. However, even without DB, it was still possible for me to get the kill even if you fled which is what I meant about it not winning me a fight.

The flip side of that argument being that should you have been winning that fight then in most cases me being a rager would have almost garrentee'd you getting that kill since I have no way to get away besides running. I had vanish, of course, but I mean in general as a rager. And with summon and Energy drain, it benefits at the AP in that situation. Which is why I guess it feels about even to me with getting DB but having to run everywhere. If I had to give a kill to death ratio then I feel strongly that I have died at least 2 to 1 in no magic vs DB kills. And thats just this character who has sneak and vanish. My other ragers would be MUCH higher.

Daurwyn2 (Guest)Tue 21-Apr-09 04:04 PM

#79065, "I have no problem with it"
In response to Reply #16

Just saying, I think it sealed that fight. I was trying to use excision at the time it hit. heh

Woldrun (Guest)Thu 23-Apr-09 03:27 PM

#79152, "Thanks"
In response to Reply #2

I liked having you around. Thanks for the compliments. I have played rager zerker assassin and so I feel your pain when dealing with (running from) shapeshifters. Good luck with the next.

YeanSat 25-Apr-09 02:59 PM
Member since 23rd Jan 2007
275 posts
#79192, "No Prob..."
In response to Reply #2

Didn't get to watch your char much unfortunately, but I hope you enjoyed yourself some at least. You're welcome to try the religion again anytime.

Lirieleth (Guest)Wed 29-Apr-09 01:58 AM

#79301, "You were pretty gung-ho"
In response to Reply #2

I really enjoyed the times you and I fought. I think we went at it probably 6-7 different times, and with the exception of when the village head was placed in the Grinning Skull village, and once in the ruins outside the village, you pretty much smacked me around. Fortunately for me, in two of the other encounters, I had a lot of help, and you didn't have any. But you still stuck it out and I respected the hell out of you for that. The death at Tremblefist made me cringe, as a player. No one deserves that. I was worried you'd call it quits then and there, but stood over your stuff, hoping you'd return, and you did. That added quite a bit more to my respect for you as a player. Kudos to you, and best of luck on your next character.

Liri

Thrallin (Guest)Mon 20-Apr-09 05:44 PM

#79032, "Dang man, what happened?"
In response to Reply #0

Looked like some OOC problems or just loss of interest in the char... appear online and poof.

Sucks though man, you were fun to talk to.. and I appreciate that trip you took me on.. I had a blast. Good luck with your next.

CharadeMon 20-Apr-09 06:21 PM
120 posts
#79034, "RE: Dang man, what happened?"
In response to Reply #1

Ahh Thrall. Liked your post on tactics, liked our trip and liked your Character. Your gonna be a great Rager. Keep at it man.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #79031 Previous topic | Next topic