Subject: "(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Datsue Zetterg the High Wizard of..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #78967
Show all folders

Death_AngelSat 18-Apr-09 09:28 PM
Member since 12th May 2024
16842 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#78967, "(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Datsue Zetterg the High Wizard of the Arcane"

Sat Apr 18 21:25:11 2009

At 1 o'clock AM, Day of the Bull, 22nd of the Month of the Frost Giant
on the Theran calendar Datsue perished, never to return.

Race:half-drow
Class:transmuter
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:183

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply I had a lot of fun with this character, just got bored ..., Minyar1 (Guest), 18-Apr-09 11:07 PM, #4
Reply Another fun Minyar character., Firhindil (Guest), 18-Apr-09 11:53 PM, #6
Reply It was a spell and hard to land through bane. nt, Minyar1 (Guest), 19-Apr-09 02:22 PM, #12
Reply RE: I had a lot of fun with this character, just got bo..., Nidblot (Guest), 19-Apr-09 04:24 AM, #9
Reply Thanks for the compliments., Datsue (Guest), 19-Apr-09 02:24 PM, #13
Reply RE: I had a lot of fun with this character, just got bo..., Borkahd, 19-Apr-09 11:34 AM, #11
Reply Cool dude, Vythigor (Guest), 20-Apr-09 09:31 AM, #14
Reply Yeah, landing a kill on a healer is tough., Datsue (Guest), 20-Apr-09 04:03 PM, #15
Reply Because druids out of the wild = no sups except sunray ..., Ruutob (Guest), 20-Apr-09 08:17 PM, #16
Reply Yeah...I hear ya on the bear form., Minyar1 (Guest), 21-Apr-09 07:15 AM, #19
Reply Paid for PBF three days ago, just wondering if it will ..., Minyar1 (Guest), 20-Apr-09 09:46 PM, #17
Reply Another loss..., Lexingtona, 21-Apr-09 01:11 AM, #18
Reply Dude., Daevryn, 18-Apr-09 09:56 PM, #1
     Reply I want cool stuff too :*( -nt-, Mek (Guest), 18-Apr-09 10:05 PM, #2
     Reply I WANT A COOL QUESTFORM!!!, Caztor (Guest), 18-Apr-09 10:50 PM, #3
     Reply Oh well...for most of my life I didn't know what it did..., Minyar1 (Guest), 18-Apr-09 11:10 PM, #5
     Reply RE: Oh well...for most of my life I didn't know what it..., Daevryn, 19-Apr-09 12:08 AM, #7
     Reply That reminds me of, Ahtieli2 (Guest), 19-Apr-09 01:37 AM, #8
     Reply RE: That reminds me of, Daevryn, 19-Apr-09 09:55 AM, #10
     Reply RE: Dude., Enbuergo2 (Guest), 21-Apr-09 06:50 PM, #20
          Reply RE: Dude., Ahtieli2 (Guest), 21-Apr-09 07:05 PM, #21
               Reply RE: Dude., Enbuergo2 (Guest), 22-Apr-09 08:19 PM, #22
                    Reply RE: Dude., Daevryn, 22-Apr-09 09:25 PM, #23

Minyar1 (Guest)Sat 18-Apr-09 11:07 PM

#78976, "I had a lot of fun with this character, just got bored ..."
In response to Reply #0

Transmuters are a very fun and intersting class. I don't like to be a huge gang happy guy, so I probably didn't get as many kills as Icould have. I did have a lot of fun interacting with everybody and doing what I could. I tried to fight a lot of people alone and really only shied away from solo fights with people like Malthalia who could just make my life tough. Transmuters are very hampered by shackles and by "when you don't see me."

Twist - Thanks for the talks we had and finding me worthy of that tattoo. Very sweet and I wanted to do more with you, but I just grew kinda tired of the char and we hadn't really talked about anything specific other than the things I was doing.

Corrlaan - Thank you for running the role contest. I want to be clear and say that muddle was an awesome spell and I didn't fully understand that until later in life. I think it would have been even more realized for its potential had I been more into group killing and such, but as it happened, I only had so many spells i could throw at someone before they typically ran, and muddle wasn't always on that list. I am grateful for what I was given, despite what some on dios thought. I just wasn't sure what the benefits of a few things were to me, such as the wis and charisma.

Marcatis - Thanks for the couple of times you jumped in and gave us some echoes. It was fun most of the time and the stuff with Enlilth at the tree was kinda cool.

Outlanders:
Lexingtona - I start with you because for a long time our relationship was the highlight of the character. That never really waned except when you were gone for that long absence. Thanks for the fun we had.

Mreash - I think you do a good job as Harbinger and I liked fighting with you. I'm amazed at how hard it was to make you quick sometimes.

Ruutob - I liked you and thoght you knew what you were doing. Druids can be pretty tough to get the hang of and I think you were doing great. I will never understand using that bear form though, never.

Valdora - I liked you a lot for the most part too. I think you are a fine outlander, but I'm not sure you are around enough to be the Nightreaver, maybe it was just a timing issue. I'm glad I could help you find your rods too.

Ceyraia - We had some fun ones, I said most of what needs to be said in your goodbye.

Calue - Thought you were interesting and was very shocked you got the mantle of sunwarden before Jolindar.

Jolindar - My big giant buddy, we were a tough duo if we got rolling. THanks for all the fun we had and the great fights!

Inwe - I really didn't like you at first and thought you were just a greedy powergamer. I came to like you more as time went on and I appreciated the talks we had. I wish yo ugood luck in that.

Pique - Interesting guy you were, and I see good things for you.

Enemies -

My major enemies were honestly the village. I fought them more than anyone else for the msot part. It is very hard to fight with shackles and so I avoided that somewhat. I didn't mind so much, unless it was a vindie and then well, I avoided them if warranted because bloody shackles is even worse! I did a good job most of the time, but that death to Shalsad was so annoying. I had just switched and hit zap self with barrier when you flew in. Otherwise my defenses would have been ebtter and I would have been abel t oget away. bah! Good job on that.

Iktul - Never fought, anytime I got your guards turned you ran.
Nidblot - We had a couple of good ones and I had a lot of fun with that.

Woldrun - Ug...man you were a beast to fight against. Ragers can be so rough and you were even worse. You got a good thing going with how you fight, well done.

Borkhad - got you that one last time before you immed and man was I happy about that one. I was bummed that you didn't knock that orcs head off though when he jumped in.

Firhindil - Another hard fight more me most of the time. You guys were tough to battle but I tried my best.

I'm really tired and fried from being out in the sun for more hours than I was supposed to be today. Standing and loading buses with no shade for four hours no the hottest day so far of the spring is rough. I'm a bit burned and out of it. Please post if you want to and I'll try and respond.

Thanks!

Firhindil (Guest)Sat 18-Apr-09 11:53 PM

#78980, "Another fun Minyar character."
In response to Reply #4

Well done, you made a really good casual enemy. It was fun to play on the other side of you this time.

As always I'll be looking forward to the next.

Btw, was muddle a spell or a power? If it was a power to call then I'm definitely going to bonk you over the head.

Minyar1 (Guest)Sun 19-Apr-09 02:22 PM

#78995, "It was a spell and hard to land through bane. nt"
In response to Reply #6

nt

Nidblot (Guest)Sun 19-Apr-09 04:24 AM

#78987, "RE: I had a lot of fun with this character, just got bo..."
In response to Reply #4

You used muddle in our last fight .

One time you jumped me in Galadon alone. Very suprising and impressing; you nearly got me as well. I never forgot that.

A very solid char from my point of view. Well deserved gifts as well.

I really liked the early raids from Outlanders. When 4-5 of you would come to the Spire. That was exciting, and a lot more fun than my suicidal retrieval attempts.

Anyway...you should roll a pet mage for the orcs. They need more help than other mages.

Good luck with your next!

Datsue (Guest)Sun 19-Apr-09 02:24 PM

#78996, "Thanks for the compliments."
In response to Reply #9

I have a hard time being anyone's pet, and the orcs are just a doomed class. Muddle was great and I probably should have used it more, I just grew tired of the char.

BorkahdSun 19-Apr-09 11:34 AM
Member since 17th Mar 2009
187 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#78994, "RE: I had a lot of fun with this character, just got bo..."
In response to Reply #4

Good character!

As far as the orc goes, I can't really recall. But I likely simply forgot about it by the time I unghosted. Usually if someone jumped into Borkahd's fights I would flee and return to target on the person who jumped in. Thats how a certain storm giant outlander and I got started at each other's throats. He jumped into one of my fights so finished him off after my main target was dead if I remember right. Borkahd made a few foes that way but it was fun regardless.

Anyway, good luck with your next!

-----------------
"My view of Borkahd IC"
If you anger him, he'll rape you to death, eat your flesh, and sew your skin into his clothing. And if you're very, very lucky, he'll do it in that order. ~Twist

Vythigor (Guest)Mon 20-Apr-09 09:31 AM

#79018, "Cool dude"
In response to Reply #4

You somehow always knew where I was and I was, at times, in some distant areas. You'd pop out of duo, we'd fight a bit and part our ways. That one time when I was underwater and you removed water breathing was pretty creative... I did not notice it until I almost drowned. Very mysterious transmuterish outlandish character. Great work.

Datsue (Guest)Mon 20-Apr-09 04:03 PM

#79029, "Yeah, landing a kill on a healer is tough."
In response to Reply #14

I got you pretty close a couple of times, and muddle defintely helped in one of thsoe cases. I tried that trick on myself before trying it on you. Transmuters have "locate object" which can be overpowered. If I found you, that was typically how I knew where to start looking. Knowing the names of keys, or other things and where they belong is key. I knew where to find you with that Paladin and ranger that one time because I had explored that place myself like the day before and saw the creature that you were holding a part of. I should say, died to the creature that you were holding a part of. (Darn you adrenal burst and my lack of paying attention.)

Ruutob (Guest)Mon 20-Apr-09 08:17 PM

#79035, "Because druids out of the wild = no sups except sunray ..."
In response to Reply #4

it dont work either. Plus the bear can rake to lag and with haste hits for three to five ***Demo to ***Deva. Which is alot better than spamming fireseed for minimal damage. So I always just went bear form when raiding the spire and empire because I was indoors and out of the wild. Plus did I mention rake lags lol. Good luck with your next

Minyar1 (Guest)Tue 21-Apr-09 07:15 AM

#79052, "Yeah...I hear ya on the bear form."
In response to Reply #16

It is rough with those sups indoors, but I just never got much use out of the bear form. No damage reduction or anything and so I just always see them get tooled. Now, hasted would be nice, but you have to be able to do that. Of course, with me, you could, but normally there isn't much there. I'm going to have to roll a wood-elf druid sometime and see how different it really is from a cloud giant.

I know your Sunray thing with undead was sick.

Good luck with whatever you are playing.

Minyar1 (Guest)Mon 20-Apr-09 09:46 PM

#79039, "Paid for PBF three days ago, just wondering if it will ..."
In response to Reply #4

I see Unal's was, thats why I ask.

LexingtonaTue 21-Apr-09 01:11 AM
Member since 21st Apr 2009
1 posts
#79046, "Another loss..."
In response to Reply #4

I hate to see some come, I hate to see others go. You just happened to be one of the folks I liked. You have knowledge, which is a plus, and you like to hunt, plus plus. Exploring, gathering, yea, we had some fun. Not sure if we killed anyone, but I'm sure we shared a few raids with our enemies. Such a small world, I am sure we will cross trails in time. Rock on.

DaevrynSat 18-Apr-09 09:56 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#78970, "Dude."
In response to Reply #0

If a stronger, PKwise, role contest award than muddle has ever gone out, I am unaware of it. Certainly it trumps any extra legacy or quest form that has ever gone out.

It's not sexy, but it's so, so, so good.

Mek (Guest)Sat 18-Apr-09 10:05 PM

#78971, "I want cool stuff too :*( -nt-"
In response to Reply #1

asfsaf

Caztor (Guest)Sat 18-Apr-09 10:50 PM

#78972, "I WANT A COOL QUESTFORM!!!"
In response to Reply #1

wtf

Minyar1 (Guest)Sat 18-Apr-09 11:10 PM

#78977, "Oh well...for most of my life I didn't know what it did..."
In response to Reply #1

I used it much more toward the end and I agree it is a very nice spell. So, i justs ucked with it..my bad.

Not sure it really came in too handy against ragers, who I fought a lot. I think it would be uber-powerful in group fights, but there just weren't all that many of them, at least, not where I was in the group.

DaevrynSun 19-Apr-09 12:08 AM
11117 posts
#78981, "RE: Oh well...for most of my life I didn't know what it..."
In response to Reply #5

I think it's really good, even solo, for your character; however, maybe not for your play style. I think it really, really can shine in one on one fights where you're playing for time or a single decisive attack rope-a-dope style, but thinking back I can't recall seeing you do that much of that.

Your mileage, as always, may vary -- I just remember seeing that requested as a RC prize and thinking 'Are you insane!?'

Ahtieli2 (Guest)Sun 19-Apr-09 01:37 AM

#78985, "That reminds me of"
In response to Reply #1

people who were saying that black circle sucks and blacks need better power

DaevrynSun 19-Apr-09 09:55 AM
11117 posts
#78993, "RE: That reminds me of"
In response to Reply #8

I always knew those people were suckers.

Enbuergo2 (Guest)Tue 21-Apr-09 06:50 PM

#79070, "RE: Dude."
In response to Reply #1

>If a stronger, PKwise, role contest award than muddle has ever gone out, I am unaware of it. Certainly it trumps any extra legacy or quest form that has ever gone out.

I'd take that autodisarm legacy over muddle any day, bub.

Ahtieli2 (Guest)Tue 21-Apr-09 07:05 PM

#79072, "RE: Dude."
In response to Reply #20

muddle is one of the best(pk wise) rewards that were giving as reward for role contest.

Enbuergo2 (Guest)Wed 22-Apr-09 08:19 PM

#79112, "RE: Dude."
In response to Reply #21

Maybe, so. But it ain't better than Autodisarm Legacy.

DaevrynWed 22-Apr-09 09:25 PM
11117 posts
#79117, "RE: Dude."
In response to Reply #22

I disagree. Also, I can't remember giving out Crashing as a RC prize.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #78967 Previous topic | Next topic