Subject: "(DELETED) Flimbert the ferocious" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #78903
Show all folders

Flimbert (Guest)Thu 16-Apr-09 02:42 PM

#78903, "(DELETED) Flimbert the ferocious"

After trying to do a somewhat interesting goodie villager role and getting stonewalled by a noob I decided on a whim to roll up a scion shifter and thus Flimbert was born. Like most shapeshifters I more or less just ranked up to hero as fast as i could to let the fun stuff begin but I did manage to do a little bit of player killing on the way up (very little) as happens everytime I get the hedgehog as a first form I actually managed to get kill with it, hedgehog is OP and the wombat makes for a ridiculous pk form in the low ranks too. Bobcat was a dream and I used it almost as much as my final forms, its essentially the hummingbird with more damage and no fly.

As for my role I assume I never got any imm rewards was because I never wrote it down. I will be making a post later about how ludicrously out of whack the role command has become but thats for another time. Basically Flimbert was the herald of zurcon preaching all about how he was going to be free of his box soon and he thought that the eternal night was a sign signifying the approach of that day. I was hoping at some point to get a title or anything to that effect since I couldn't do the actual zurcon tat quest but I guess that wasn't in the cards. Flimbert was sphere pride and everything he did was to try and enhance things to be proud of and to get recognition and acknowledgement from the people around him both allies and enemies and in that I think I was succesful.
On ABS
I never found any of my sleeks with flimbert and almost never used full abs. You can all measure wether or not flimby was succesful but if you think you NEEEEEEDDDDD to have your sleeks to be competitive then your pretty much a wuss grow a pair and learn where the real limits of your combo.
On to good byes

Tameron: Jesus man what do you do when I am not around that made it take you forever to get what you wanted. In my book you were top notch, I hope you can do your thing now you really earned it.

Caztor: I think your the only scion who actually understood my interviewing method. I believe that anyone can just recite information back at you and if they are evil they will lie and say what you want to hear. So I threw obstacles in front of applicants to see how they responded to not getting what they want and to having to deal with someone who is trying to be overly assertive. You were the only person to get it right, you just said ok pal whatever and then went off and did what a scion should do, you showed up when you were needed, you did what needed done and all this without having to be told. I think you will make a good advisor.

Liri: Have fun as chancellor

Dierj: PLease try not to make scion look like bunch of ass bags. Talking big game and in fighting is certainly ok but trash talking then using ignore is a tool move don't be a tool.

Mizheng: I know I came down on you hard, scion is an elite cabal, nothing annoyed flimbert more then weakness, I mean you didn't even know the desert around the chasm, you had no idea how to maximize your class skills usefulness, you barely participated in anything. You know what sure you might not be able to stay in a fight from begining to end, but that doesn't mean you can't run in throw out one or two skills and retreat without any significant risk.

Sarien: Good fights and good talks at some point though you need to make the shift from just piling people onto the fort gang to making them individually competant. Synergy buddy make 1+1=3 rather then settling with 1+1+1+1+1 = 3

Kassibaz: You were the only non scion I fought alongside a bunch and it was always a wild ride to charge into the hordes of villagers I just wish you had been a scion instead haha, hope you enjoyed the boots I kept coming up with on random teleports. y the way we ran together when i was foomando.

Lortas: You were also a fun foe to fight

Kasir: Remember that fight way back in the high lords keep, that was one of the most adrenaline pumping moments of my life, you hit that jack when I was at 150 hp and not much more mana. I can't believe i survived it! Not a lot a thief could do against my particular combo of forms but you were wicked at bringing everything to the fight you could and whipped out a few surprises on me.

Malthalia: How funny was it that I got you killed took those 3 pieces of gear. Said I would return them once I retrieved and right after I retrieve you sleep me and essentially one round me with fiend then take them back, I was laughing my ass off.

Ignacio: You were always up for rumble and hold the honor of killing me more then any other person! Keep on trucking.

woldrun: Jesus dude the one time i fight you and my quills are doing consistant wounds, the other time I have barrier and shield and you hit the pincushion with swords and when you run convulsing I was down to 150 hp, I don't know if its your tat or your extra legacy but all I can say is ouch! Right now the village is full of quality opponents and I think its due to great leadership keep it up.

Anyone else feel free to post and i will respond.

I am curious which imm started up that one tiny interaction with me and where it was going since i never heard back from you again.

Former characters
Foomando, Goganop, Lexicus, Throt, Flarkle, Mulshinay, Flaerglum, Wungar, Zernhop and many many more

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Good char, Woldrun (Guest), 23-Apr-09 03:19 PM, #31
Reply RE: Good char, flimbert (Guest), 25-Apr-09 12:01 PM, #32
Reply Hey, I really like(d) you., Sarien, 20-Apr-09 08:46 AM, #30
Reply RE: Hey, I really like(d) you., flimbert (Guest), 25-Apr-09 12:05 PM, #33
Reply How sad, my only recommendation for scion deletes., Findo (Guest), 20-Apr-09 04:19 AM, #29
Reply RE: How sad, my only recommendation for scion deletes., flimbert (Guest), 25-Apr-09 12:07 PM, #34
Reply You..., Tameron (Guest), 17-Apr-09 12:24 PM, #23
Reply RE: You..., flimbert (Guest), 25-Apr-09 12:09 PM, #35
Reply that's a shame, Nian (Guest), 17-Apr-09 10:10 AM, #22
Reply I liked you, alot., Zubi (Guest), 17-Apr-09 03:56 AM, #18
Reply RE: I liked you, alot., Alex (Guest), 17-Apr-09 09:06 AM, #20
Reply heheheh well..., Deriveh (Guest), 18-Apr-09 02:20 PM, #28
Reply RE: I liked you, alot., flimbert (Guest), 17-Apr-09 09:21 AM, #21
Reply Ugh, Lirieleth (Guest), 17-Apr-09 03:55 AM, #17
Reply I like how you play., Firhindil (Guest), 16-Apr-09 09:43 PM, #11
Reply RE: I like how you play., Flimbert (Guest), 17-Apr-09 12:45 AM, #16
Reply That explains it.., Kassibaz (Guest), 16-Apr-09 09:11 PM, #10
Reply RE: (DELETED) Flimbert the ferocious, Goroel (Guest), 16-Apr-09 07:35 PM, #9
Reply RE: (DELETED) Flimbert the ferocious, Flimbert (Guest), 17-Apr-09 12:42 AM, #15
Reply RE: (DELETED) Flimbert the ferocious, Ikanu (Guest), 16-Apr-09 04:46 PM, #8
Reply I blame the booze, Flimbert (Guest), 17-Apr-09 12:40 AM, #14
Reply I liked where we were going., Dierj (Guest), 16-Apr-09 04:16 PM, #6
Reply RE: I liked where we were going., Flimbert (Guest), 17-Apr-09 12:37 AM, #13
     Reply Ignore Command, Dierj (Guest), 17-Apr-09 07:55 AM, #19
Reply RE: (DELETED) Flimbert the ferocious, Kasir (Guest), 16-Apr-09 04:08 PM, #5
Reply that was crazy, Flimbert (Guest), 17-Apr-09 12:31 AM, #12
Reply RE: (DELETED) Flimbert the ferocious, Mizheng (Guest), 16-Apr-09 04:04 PM, #3
Reply RE: (DELETED) Flimbert the ferocious, Daevryn, 16-Apr-09 03:13 PM, #1
     Reply RE: (DELETED) Flimbert the ferocious, Flimbert (Guest), 16-Apr-09 03:48 PM, #2
     Reply It's true., Padwei, 17-Apr-09 08:49 PM, #24
     Reply I liked Flimbert, but I agree, incognito, 16-Apr-09 04:06 PM, #4
     Reply RE: I liked Flimbert, but I agree, Daevryn, 16-Apr-09 04:42 PM, #7
     Reply That guy was awesome., Old Skooler (Guest), 18-Apr-09 01:38 AM, #25
     Reply For you Neppers., TMNS (Guest), 18-Apr-09 05:52 AM, #26
          Reply RE: For you Neppers., Daevryn, 18-Apr-09 01:02 PM, #27

Woldrun (Guest)Thu 23-Apr-09 03:19 PM

#79149, "Good char"
In response to Reply #0

We always had good fights - porcupine is rough for hth/sword guy. Thanks for the compliments. Good luck with the next.

flimbert (Guest)Sat 25-Apr-09 12:01 PM

#79184, "RE: Good char"
In response to Reply #31

Thanks buddy I don't know what it was about you borkhad and jolindar but the three of you I just couldn't seem to hurt much with the lion despite the fact I tended to rip up most other giant pole specs. You were always down for a fight and you have done a great job of filling the village with quality players try not to con die tooooo fast so you can keep it up eh? Or imm like sissy borkhad before I could kill him!!!

SarienMon 20-Apr-09 08:46 AM
Member since 14th Feb 2009
740 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#79016, "Hey, I really like(d) you."
In response to Reply #0

For what its worth, I liked you. And, although we chided you IC we did see a good bit of the Zurcon RP. Too bad no IMM's saw it though . Anyways, I hope to see you back in the fields!

-S

flimbert (Guest)Sat 25-Apr-09 12:05 PM

#79185, "RE: Hey, I really like(d) you."
In response to Reply #30

I am still on the job hunt but hopefully things will turn up soon. After that all I need is a computer (yeah I have internet but no computer how gay right) and I will likely be back in the fields. Despite being at a little bit of a disadvantage in a one on one you still kept coming at me no matter what and I really respected that. though that last time at the inn where paladin B certainly indicated he was not going to participate and then hopped in instantly left a slightly sour taste in my mouth. Not that you have control over the people around you or that you should be against using numbers vs a scion its just like the moopsie thing, part of being a goody is having integrity and paladin B didn't act with it, not your fault of course but eh I enjoyed our chats so I used it as an opportunity to chat it up.

Findo (Guest)Mon 20-Apr-09 04:19 AM

#79013, "How sad, my only recommendation for scion deletes."
In response to Reply #0

I liked Flimbert as he was quite similar to Findo in some senses. I wont go in to them as I am still kicking about in the world but one of them was the reference to some people as morsels. I laughed when I read it and even commented on the cb. For me it is certain races but it was amusing, indeed.

You were my only recommendation for scion so it is with a sigh that I bid you farewell.

My biggest regret is not ever catching you online much after your induction. I loved to take it to the fort with another competant by my side.

flimbert (Guest)Sat 25-Apr-09 12:07 PM

#79186, "RE: How sad, my only recommendation for scion deletes."
In response to Reply #29

Yeah you and xazier were the two guys who were around during my aplicant process that I talked to a bit and in the end never really got many chances to hang out with. I tend to be a loner most of the time though but double lion is a lot of fun, well not for the victim .

Now that there is an imm the scion cabal might actually start doing their globie quests and provide more entertainment so good luck.

Tameron (Guest)Fri 17-Apr-09 12:24 PM

#78935, "You..."
In response to Reply #0

Bastage! Of course, as soon as I get in, you delete. Typical luck for my character. Whenever you were on, I always knew the blood was going to flow like rivers! Two lions are very sick. Thanks for the vote of confidence. You'll definitely be missed!

flimbert (Guest)Sat 25-Apr-09 12:09 PM

#79187, "RE: You..."
In response to Reply #23

I actually waited until you got in to delete. I can't believe it took you so long, better believe I was sending up prays for generic scion imms to induct or at least watch over you for a long ass time to try and get you in. Have fun with the ccul gra.

Nian (Guest)Fri 17-Apr-09 10:10 AM

#78933, "that's a shame"
In response to Reply #0

That's player perspective, Nian's perspective: Yay!

In all seriousness though, you seemed to handle yourself well, so kudos on that. See you with the next!

Zubi (Guest)Fri 17-Apr-09 03:56 AM

#78925, "I liked you, alot."
In response to Reply #0

You knew your stuff and I always knew something fun would be going down when you were around. How come you deleted? Think you had a good thing going!

Btw, Foomando was that nexun transmuter right? Ooh man, I was soooo pissed at you when I played Iegob after you called in a goodie horde to defend for you when you were low lvl, then full looted me when they killed me... heh

Alex (Guest)Fri 17-Apr-09 09:06 AM

#78930, "RE: I liked you, alot."
In response to Reply #18

Nothing against Flimbert, have almost zero interaction with that one. But seriously, Deriveh, was there someone you didn't realy like?

Deriveh (Guest)Sat 18-Apr-09 02:20 PM

#78954, "heheheh well..."
In response to Reply #20

There are a select few that I dislike. As I think of it there is just really one person that I dislike, and that's Derexal or whatever his handle on qhcf is.

And ofc in RL there is a bunch of people I dislike.

flimbert (Guest)Fri 17-Apr-09 09:21 AM

#78932, "RE: I liked you, alot."
In response to Reply #18

Actually I only took like 5 pieces, which may seem like a lot but as a level 25ish muter I just took your hp gear, unfortunately a level 25 muter doesn't have the greatest ability to gear itself.

Lirieleth (Guest)Fri 17-Apr-09 03:55 AM

#78924, "Ugh"
In response to Reply #0

Right when I start figuring out some very relevant things, you up and delete. I hated your character, and let him know it. You were quality for scion, but too full of your character to see the big picture. You stole from me (perhaps, deservedly so, since I let you know just how little I thought of you when you agreed to do my bidding), but then ran like an orc when I challenged you over it.

Then you interrupted my little discussion, and our differences came to a head. Sure, he came back and helped, but it wouldn't have mattered. You, prepped, would have run away from me with no preps, in the end. Dissect that as much as you like, but the reality of it won't change.

You can call that an even draw, but in my eyes, I won. You simply could not beat me without help.

I liked your treatment of applicants. They hated you, and {edited out long discourse}. Life should be hard as hell for them. If it's not, they haven't lived hard or long enough to warrant induction.

You should have cleaned house. I offered to help you explore, and you wanted none of it (pre-scion), for wands. It helps. Every little bit helps. You had some nasty PK forms. I expected more from this character. A lot more. I am surprised you deleted, I had you pegged for the next Scion leader.

Firhindil (Guest)Thu 16-Apr-09 09:43 PM

#78916, "I like how you play."
In response to Reply #0

Way to be aggressive and willing to fight, it was fun. Your combo could be tough on me at times but I felt I was the same to you at other times - it was a good balance. You make fun characters, I'll be looking forward to the next.

Flimbert (Guest)Fri 17-Apr-09 12:45 AM

#78922, "RE: I like how you play."
In response to Reply #11

Man our fights could really swing either way. Striking plus impale and deathblow made me have to be careful about using the porq because you could stack up enough free damage against it to make me use the lion but at the same time once you had your striking rolling (which doesn't take long against a 16 int lion) then I had to rely pretty much only on rake to deal damage and batter could make those very few in number when you timed them (and for an elf you made lots of ouchy time). It was always a nail biter and exciting to scrap with ya.

Kassibaz (Guest)Thu 16-Apr-09 09:11 PM

#78915, "That explains it.."
In response to Reply #0

We had some really stupid deaths when you were playing Foomando, but you were awesomely helpful.

The way we ran around did make me wish I was scion or you a nexan. We had good chemistry and I appreciated the RP, and those awesome boots.

You are a great player, looking forward to your next creation

Goroel (Guest)Thu 16-Apr-09 07:35 PM

#78914, "RE: (DELETED) Flimbert the ferocious"
In response to Reply #0

Damn man were you the biggest pain for me! Because of you I set up alias' to switch weapons so I could go from two handed to dualing quicker. You absolutely had me down and there was so very very little I could do about it. Everytime I just got rid of a nice two hander to use against you you up and logged on leaving me pretty much defenseless.

Flimbert (Guest)Fri 17-Apr-09 12:42 AM

#78921, "RE: (DELETED) Flimbert the ferocious"
In response to Reply #9

Yeah my form combo was unbelievably nasty against warriors, unless you had polearm/spear as a spec or had very high percentage deathblow you were likely in a bad place when fighting the spiney lion. Our fights were def fun though, I wish I had taken hamsah as a hometown so I could actually finish healing and make it back to the chasm before you guys finished raiding rather then gut stuck in the open fighting yinz all on the eastern road.

Ikanu (Guest)Thu 16-Apr-09 04:46 PM

#78912, "RE: (DELETED) Flimbert the ferocious"
In response to Reply #0

I got your roleplay angle with applicants right off the bat, and liked it.

I think you disliked my character due to the log of me, as a hummingbird, fighting Humbert at the Tar'bal and using the peck/shift method. You talked some crap there. What you didn't see was the long period before that where I tried everything in the book. It may not be up to your standards, whatever those are, but I don't really care man.

I'm in partial agreement on the role command problem, and I think I know your argument on this.

Anyway, hopefully you will find time to come back and beat some asses in the future. Good luck.

Flimbert (Guest)Fri 17-Apr-09 12:40 AM

#78920, "I blame the booze"
In response to Reply #8

I was just in a dour mood that night. You did well in the interview process but I had the distinct impression you were plotting against me... possibly with a couple of aplicants.

Actually Flimbert didn't like any of the new applicants, he/I spent an assload of time building up credibility for leadership and all of a sudden a new imm pops out and just starts inducting everyone, I never even got a whisper from her and it was somewhat irritating to see after all the perceptions I had worked to shape got undermined by her coming in and inducting everyone right away before I was done assessing them. Sure its not entirely reasonable for flimbert to expect that but thats how the character saw it.

Dierj (Guest)Thu 16-Apr-09 04:16 PM

#78910, "I liked where we were going."
In response to Reply #0

You have to understand that when you were rping with me, i was rping back. You really don't know or understand my role, so you don't understand my character. I didn't necessarily mind how you did your interview, I just knew how Dierj would react to that kind of display. So, I reacted the way someone who has been spat and crapped on their whole life would. I bit back. The dog will only be kicked so many times so to speak. You said Caztor was the only one who "got it right" but in my opinion, pushing back is just as right. Anyway, I thought we had a fun power struggle/future going. As for the ignore command. The ignore command is there for a reason. typically, when your talking to me became repetitive I just said forget it and ignored you. I admit there were times where it was annoying, but I was having fun with it. Sorry you weren't.

As for the rods comment, I hear you on that and I'm doing what I can without my full set, but I have an advantage in that I can regenerate. Being a mage without barrier is tough, the other two are much less important IMO.

Good Luck and all that junk.

Flimbert (Guest)Fri 17-Apr-09 12:37 AM

#78919, "RE: I liked where we were going."
In response to Reply #6

I know you were just role playing. Your use of the ignore command was excessive I will leave it at that. I was expecting people to push back, but try and push back in a manner as to not completely burn the bridge. The attacking me was something I expected more to happen from various scions and apps and didn't bother me at all. Flimbert was all for agressive territorial and proud, not so much for delusional and lets be honest while I did end up fleeing from most of our engagements to put it as being purely on your own was very generous framing. Also you have to be careful in how you stand up against those you might be called to work with in the future and I think you were overly reckless (not in how you attacked but in the ways you interacted between them)

Dierj (Guest)Fri 17-Apr-09 07:55 AM

#78928, "Ignore Command"
In response to Reply #13

You are the only person I used this command on...pretty sure. You typically would be the one to initiate comments about things and I got tired of it fast. You had your role and that was how you played it. It was annoying and the smack talk was both ways, lets not forget that. You would often start things and then say I must be related to Thomayen. I had no problem burning the bridge with you and if it meant I didn't make Scion, then that was fine, but would have been annoying. You claimed to have power that you didn't, and I had plans to use that against you. Shame you left.

Oh well, good luck.

Kasir (Guest)Thu 16-Apr-09 04:08 PM

#78909, "RE: (DELETED) Flimbert the ferocious"
In response to Reply #0

> Remember that fight way back in the high lords keep ... I can't believe i survived it!

Yet another example of me almost pulling off something cool and falling just short. Le sigh. I started carrying around more doses of pass door after that.

Flimbert (Guest)Fri 17-Apr-09 12:31 AM

#78918, "that was crazy"
In response to Reply #5

You had a pair of huge brass balls to come that far into the keep as a level 45 HUGE ones it was only luck (and recovery of the snake which just barely kept me alive through the poison) that got me through.

Mizheng (Guest)Thu 16-Apr-09 04:04 PM

#78907, "RE: (DELETED) Flimbert the ferocious"
In response to Reply #0

Mizheng: I know I came down on you hard, scion is an elite cabal, nothing annoyed flimbert more then weakness, I mean you didn't even know the desert around the chasm, you had no idea how to maximize your class skills usefulness, you barely participated in anything. You know what sure you might not be able to stay in a fight from begining to end, but that doesn't mean you can't run in throw out one or two skills and retreat without any significant risk.

Ill agree on at first not being a geographical wiz about the area around the Chasm - at first. that was a mistake and I already fixed it. That said I'll have to disagree about *not participating*. Ill admit to playing conservatively but why don't you try playing a dark elf ranger trying to defend/retrieve outside of a forest before commenting about 'running in' and doing a couple skills and getting away. Fact is I have done quite a bit in my opinion in terms of what my RP is all about and trying to not be a flat coward. But im not suicidal and I know when a situation is going to get me killed...usually....but despite that I've successfully retrieved enough times' to move myself to 'reknowned' on the reputation thing and tHAT was done usually (until lately) nearly all by myself and im talking time when I'd been playing for up to 8-10 hours sTRAIGHT and not a SINGLE other scion logged on.

So Im not 'perfect' by any means but dont try and tell me when you were amongst those who weren't even around more than half the time (at least when I was on) that I haven't paid my dues.

DaevrynThu 16-Apr-09 03:13 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#78904, "RE: (DELETED) Flimbert the ferocious"
In response to Reply #0

>Basically Flimbert was the herald
>of zurcon preaching all about how he was going to be free of
>his box soon and he thought that the eternal night was a sign
>signifying the approach of that day. I was hoping at some
>point to get a title or anything to that effect since I
>couldn't do the actual zurcon tat quest but I guess that
>wasn't in the cards.

Granted, I don't watch Scion as much as some, but I never saw any of this in the time I watched Flimbert. I had no idea at all he was Zurcon themed at all. Maybe that's just the luck of the draw, or maybe it didn't come through in your RP as much as you think. It really could be either.

After seeing that one tough lion/porcupine Scion shifter a few years ago (whose name escapes me at the moment... I blame over the counter cold medication) I really expected Flimbert to be a wrecking ball. I'm not sure why the pieces never quite seemed to come together for you PK-wise.

Flimbert (Guest)Thu 16-Apr-09 03:48 PM

#78905, "RE: (DELETED) Flimbert the ferocious"
In response to Reply #1

I actually discussed zurcon with everyone I fought and interacted with for about 60 char hours and sent up a couple of prays asking bout the zurcon quest and eventually assumed my sphere choice excluded me from it. After tons of time invested with it going nowhere i cut it back somewhat. Ask padwei I am sure she got sick of it haha.

I thought I was a wrecking ball haha, but I by and large run around solo, even when I fight with other people it was only once in a blue moon that I was actually grouped with the people I fought with. I tended to run roughshod over 98% of people if I got them in a one on one fight. The downside though to the lion porq combo is you can't lag anyone more then 1 round and most people can take that time to get out of dodge or they have all their happy friends help them. Toss on top of that without a regen form I spent most of the time healing up (neither porq or lion avoid damage actively so they are always getting hurt). I certainly had time to group up and clear out ranges but why the hell would people want to play against me ever if i did that all the time?

I think lion is one of the strongest offensive forms but also without doubt the most bland, why do all the other final offense forms have like 5+ kills and the lion has swipe rake and bite, I would at least give it some sort of lion roar, I would say furor too but that would just be too much power.

I would also consider reviewing the cost of adding ambush to a form, the restrictions on shapeshifter ambush are ludacris given how much a form gets hamstrung by getting it, in this reguard I am refering to the ocelot which didn't seem to be any better then my bull at dealing damage. It was also amusing that the damage output of the bull and wombat were exactly equal with the exception that the bull could sometimes have one more attack.

PadweiFri 17-Apr-09 08:49 PM
Member since 11th Mar 2009
79 posts
#78942, "It's true."
In response to Reply #2

I heard enough of it that I got annoyed, and that was pretty much the
extent of our interactions.

incognitoThu 16-Apr-09 04:06 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#78908, "I liked Flimbert, but I agree"
In response to Reply #1

Flimbert never gave an inkling of Zurcon'ness when I spoke to him. To me, he was more akin to a wilf scarab.

I do agree with him about the role command though. Writing an interesting story is almost guaranteed to yield more imm exp than playing a consistent role over a sustained period. That, to me, is inconsistent with the idea behind the role command, which is to allow an imm to understand what you are doing in game.

I can fully understand why imms prefer a story kind of role, but equally I think rewards should be restricted to rp in game that is consistent with the written role.

DaevrynThu 16-Apr-09 04:42 PM
11117 posts
#78911, "RE: I liked Flimbert, but I agree"
In response to Reply #4

>I do agree with him about the role command though. Writing an
>interesting story is almost guaranteed to yield more imm exp
>than playing a consistent role over a sustained period. That,
>to me, is inconsistent with the idea behind the role command,
>which is to allow an imm to understand what you are doing in
>game.

I think that's true in the short run, but over the long run actual play catches up and comes out ahead. Certainly we've given away more third legacies (for example) to long-running, consistently well-RP and cool warriors than warriors who have won role contests, for example.

This is also part of the idea behind limiting a single character's ability to win multiple role contests. You can get something for having a cool role, but to get more you've got to be cool in play, too.

Old Skooler (Guest)Sat 18-Apr-09 01:38 AM

#78943, "That guy was awesome."
In response to Reply #1

I had a double defense shifter at the time and that guy would just log on clean house... raid... then leave.

He was so tough that it was prolly you! =P

TMNS (Guest)Sat 18-Apr-09 05:52 AM

#78945, "For you Neppers."
In response to Reply #1

http://forums.carrionfields.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=4&topic_id=47496&mesg_id=47496&page=

DaevrynSat 18-Apr-09 01:02 PM
11117 posts
#78953, "RE: For you Neppers."
In response to Reply #26

Yeah, that's the guy I'm thinking of. I fought him with a couple different characters and it was always a struggle.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #78903 Previous topic | Next topic