Subject: "(CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Jolindar BattleMug the Legend of..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #78792
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 13-Apr-09 03:24 PM
Member since 03rd Oct 2024
17206 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#78792, "(CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Jolindar BattleMug the Legend of the Battlefield, Deckhand"

Mon Apr 13 15:20:33 2009

At 2 o'clock AM, Day of the Great Gods, 19th of the Month of the Old Forces
on the Theran calendar Jolindar perished, never to return.

Race:storm
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:367

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Jolindar BattleMug the Legen..., Nian (Guest), 14-Apr-09 10:24 AM, #12
Reply Thanks, Treebeard, 14-Apr-09 12:16 PM, #14
Reply You were a tough cookie, Flimbert (Guest), 13-Apr-09 07:10 PM, #7
Reply You were definitely a fun fight. I hope you stick it ou..., Treebeard, 14-Apr-09 12:15 PM, #13
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Jolindar BattleMug the Legen..., Vythigor (Guest), 13-Apr-09 06:12 PM, #4
Reply It was a long ride, but fun. Some goodbyes., Treebeard, 13-Apr-09 03:44 PM, #1
     Reply PS - Thank you to whichever imm gave me the Gecho. It r..., Treebeard, 13-Apr-09 03:45 PM, #2
     Reply You welcome, Rayihn, 13-Apr-09 07:43 PM, #8
     Reply Bummer, but well done., Lirieleth (Guest), 13-Apr-09 06:10 PM, #3
     Reply Eh, I think that could go either way, Treebeard, 13-Apr-09 06:37 PM, #6
     Reply I didn't want to fight you, and avoided it.. but.., Adeglicfh (Guest), 13-Apr-09 06:28 PM, #5
     Reply RE: Neltouda, Neltouda, 13-Apr-09 09:00 PM, #9
     Reply RE: Neltouda, Treebeard1 (Guest), 14-Apr-09 06:39 PM, #16
     Reply slippery little..., Lenfelin (Guest), 14-Apr-09 09:25 AM, #10
     Reply I gathered you hated my guts., Anliltuel (Guest), 14-Apr-09 09:56 AM, #11
     Reply Had a lot of fun, Ceyraia (Guest), 14-Apr-09 05:40 PM, #15
     Reply WTH, Edika (Guest), 15-Apr-09 03:17 AM, #17

Nian (Guest)Tue 14-Apr-09 10:24 AM

#78839, "RE: (CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Jolindar BattleMug the Legen..."
In response to Reply #0

It was good to have a last talk before everything, just makes it a lot more personal than just via a post like this one.

Anyway, Jolindar was a good ally and great friend to Nian. At first he looked up to you as a warrior and Deckhand. Then later I outgrew Stowaway status, but the respect definitely remained.

I'll miss having you around, it's the disadvantage of being around for a while, you see friends drop out here and there, but that's how that goes.

Good luck with the next! Go Fortress ...

TreebeardTue 14-Apr-09 12:16 PM
Member since 12th Oct 2004
268 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#78847, "Thanks"
In response to Reply #12

I really enjoyed our interactions. I felt sorta like the pupil had become the master, how fast you rose. Jolindar was proud to call you friend.

Thank you sir.

Flimbert (Guest)Mon 13-Apr-09 07:10 PM

#78811, "You were a tough cookie"
In response to Reply #0

Actually you were the only non village warrior to just seem to have my number no matter what I threw at you, those darn polearms can be rough on a spiney lion. It was always a blast tussling with you and trying to figure out how to retrieve against odds without getting stuck in an outlander trap on the way out, always got my blood pumping and thats what keeps me playing.

Good luck with your next.

TreebeardTue 14-Apr-09 12:15 PM
268 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#78846, "You were definitely a fun fight. I hope you stick it ou..."
In response to Reply #7

Yeppers

Vythigor (Guest)Mon 13-Apr-09 06:12 PM

#78804, "RE: (CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Jolindar BattleMug the Legen..."
In response to Reply #0

Well played, sir, well played. You were scary strong (MANGLE through sanctuary + protection against good), very competent and most importantly classy. (Classy being the opposite of douchy.) You were willing to discuss things Spire/Tree-philosophical and roleplay your part rather than shutting things off. Very influential character to form (in my mind) what a good opponent should be. You will be missed.

TreebeardMon 13-Apr-09 03:44 PM
268 posts
#78794, "It was a long ride, but fun. Some goodbyes."
In response to Reply #0

Well, that's that. Quite a ride it was, from November to now. I created as a re-do of Ortmaraak, as I felt that mace and crashing were two disappointing choices with him (he was mace/pole crashing/greeting). The ironic thing being, of course, that both of mace and crashing were bumped in the interim, but such is life. I'm getting older RL, and moved in with my girlfriend, so that really limits my CF time.

I thought Neltouda's religion sounded fun, so I set out to get my 3rd tat ever (Arvam's baaack in the day, and Corrlaan's more recently w/Thoric). I think I really underestimated things in the beginning, hence why I spent over 100 hrs as a stowaway. Once I started getting the hang of things, though, it was fun. I'm truely sorry RL seemed to make it so that me and you, Neltouda, didn't see eachother for the last month or so of Jolin's life...it might've inspired me to keep going lol.

Anyway, yes, those who fought me recently could probably tell I wasn't really trying...strike of the Treebeard curse, as I had a new role/combo I was dying to try, and the mass of goodie heroes made things a little too boring for my taste. I won't lie and say that I wasn't really discouraged not to get Sunwarden, either, but I can't play weekends or nights much anymore, so I understand.

For all those who might've thought I was a pure ganker, I don't think that's acurate...but probably about 50-50. If I ever looted someone heavily, they deserved it. I tried to fight on my own as much has possible.

Some goodbyes:

Neltouda, see above, but thank you for everything, it was fun.

Padwei, thank you for listening to me and helping me as much as you did. You were a pleasure to RP with.

Outie:
Ceyreia, you were Jolin's best friend, and it took a lot out of him when you passed. I had a great deal of fun running with you, and thought you did a superb job. Hopefully our paths cross again

Ruutob, said most of what I had on your thread, but I liked you, it was fun.

Mreash, you are strong, keep kickin. I liked you.

Datsue, you were very competent, and sorry I got you killed that last time.

Inwe, you made me smile for some reason. I liked you.

The rest of you, I'm sorry who I may have missed, Valdorra, firegiant Ereyendial newguyfiregiant, Balsthamasar, Calue, Lexingtona (thanks for talking to me in my last moments), it was fun.

Una and Nian, you two were fun to be with. Thank you.

I'm running out of steam here, so I'll wrap it up and not get into enemies, but where were a great deal of you I respected and liked fighting, and some who I couldn't stand (zerrla, you're a worthless pos of a char. Serriously.)

Anyway, thank you all for the fun.

Jolindar, aka Treebeard, aka

Jhengar, Thoric, Doriach, Gondrak, Ortmaraak and many, many more.

TreebeardMon 13-Apr-09 03:45 PM
268 posts
#78795, "PS - Thank you to whichever imm gave me the Gecho. It r..."
In response to Reply #1

and the howl of the ancient savage. Thanks!~

RayihnMon 13-Apr-09 07:43 PM
Member since 08th Oct 2006
1147 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#78813, "You welcome"
In response to Reply #2

I knew Tooders wasn't around so I tried to do something reasonably appropriate. Glad you liked it.

Lirieleth (Guest)Mon 13-Apr-09 06:10 PM

#78803, "Bummer, but well done."
In response to Reply #1

I enjoyed the fights we had. Well, maybe with the exception of our first encounter at the Western Crossroads. That ended swiftly and terribly for me. Other than that, though, you always put up an impressive fight, and always came back for more.

I'm curious as to your thoughts on that last raid. Two villagers, you, and Nian were there, so I didn't know what to expect. Nian disappeared, the other two brought it to me, and you seemed hesitant to really jump into the mix, only striking at me sporadically.

What I'm wondering is your view of Malthalia's death, and the subsequent return to the cabal, grabbing gear, sleeping and bandaging up, then walking into my inner to unghost and continue the raid, knowing I couldn't attack without getting into significant trouble myself with you and Ignacio sitting right outside waiting for me to flee or pounce. I mean, yeah, it's been a part of the game for a while, but used like that it completely negated the fact that I had just killed him in a 1 vs 3 brawl, and he was recovered and back in the raid in about 5 ticks.

Thoughts on that?

Anyway, kudos with the char. You'll be back. CF is the mistress you cannot leave. Only she can leave you.

TreebeardMon 13-Apr-09 06:37 PM
268 posts
#78807, "Eh, I think that could go either way"
In response to Reply #3

I was pretty heedless there today. On the one hand I had just died to Ignacio, and wanted my last death to be against a real defiler. Scion was way worse in Jolindar's mind than just plane evil, but I couldn't let evils go un attacked completely.

I've done the same thing malth did. I don't know if it's the classiest move per-say, but I can't say I would've done anything different.

Dunno, really

Adeglicfh (Guest)Mon 13-Apr-09 06:28 PM

#78805, "I didn't want to fight you, and avoided it.. but.."
In response to Reply #1

I always did like pointing out how easy I could get the scales back on my travels up the ranks. Think a couple times you stopped raiding cause of that fact

NeltoudaMon 13-Apr-09 09:00 PM
Member since 28th Jul 2008
161 posts
#78820, "RE: Neltouda"
In response to Reply #1

It was apparent towards the end that I was getting through to you about religion concepts. That being said, I don’t mind moving slowly with a follower through the religion dogma, but moving slowly also means less rewards. It was easy to recognize your role play of your role through your outlander actions as well as your dwarven history. Yet, you did have trouble conveying the religion aspect of your role play for a good chunk of your character’s life. Also, there were some discrepancies with how “good” you were acting. I think you might have had a better time with this character if you had been say a cloud giant verses a storm.

Toward the end, you were really stepping up with the religion thing, and I was pleased to see some movement with the character. I’ll apologize for dropping off in my hours, I know I had sent you out on some errands. After the drop off, I just couldn’t get on when you were. Over all this was a pretty alright character, and definitely something you could build on for future characters.

Treebeard1 (Guest)Tue 14-Apr-09 06:39 PM

#78868, "RE: Neltouda"
In response to Reply #9

I know I wasn't the best follower, or the most black-and-white goodie, but I did try with you. I've never had a religion where I had to work so hard, though you were only my 3rd attempt at a tatt.

I can imagine how having one of your more visible followers be kinda bleh in your eyes would be...kinda bleh, but I did try.

Hope you enjoyed the ode - I took an old folk song and re-wrote it...I'd love to see it live on somewhere in game!

Lenfelin (Guest)Tue 14-Apr-09 09:25 AM

#78836, "slippery little..."
In response to Reply #1

Try as I might, I could never get the better of you. Now that I think about it, I'm not surprised as to who the player was. You use to whoop on me when I was Fendril too! GLWYN

Dragomir

Anliltuel (Guest)Tue 14-Apr-09 09:56 AM

#78837, "I gathered you hated my guts."
In response to Reply #1

Had fun fighting you and our interactions were interesting. Good luck on your next.

Ceyraia (Guest)Tue 14-Apr-09 05:40 PM

#78864, "Had a lot of fun"
In response to Reply #1

Fighting with you. Too bad some of our plans for liches never camp up to try.

Was really disappointed when I noticed you didnt make Sunwarden. I thought you were a top pick after Grylinnis passed. And when I faded I thought for sure you'd take up the position. Didnt think calue had it in the bag at all. I blame Lyr! Not trying to bash calue at all. But I thought for sure you deserved a chance.

I hope we run together more often. Enjoy your rp. Usually we are always against each other.

Edika (Guest)Wed 15-Apr-09 03:17 AM

#78877, "WTH"
In response to Reply #1

First Ruutob, next Una and now you.

What the hell...I know you can't do anything about "Conloss", but you will be missed. I am getting lazy, so I never mentioned any of the boat people in my role. Couple more people out there, maybe we can restart the movement once again.

GLWYN

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #78792 Previous topic | Next topic