Subject: "(CON LOSS) [NEXUS] Kassibaz the Widowmaker, Elder of th..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #78734
Show all folders

Death_AngelSun 12-Apr-09 10:08 PM
Member since 03rd Oct 2024
17206 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#78734, "(CON LOSS) [NEXUS] Kassibaz the Widowmaker, Elder of the Island"

Sun Apr 12 22:05:18 2009

At 4 o'clock PM, Day of Thunder, 3rd of the Month of the Winter Wolf
on the Theran calendar Kassibaz perished, never to return.

Race:arial
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:NEXUS, Nexus, Seekers of Balance
Hours:355

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [NEXUS] Kassibaz the Widowmaker, Elder o..., Iobi (Guest), 14-Apr-09 09:57 PM, #27
Reply I really liked this char., Twist, 13-Apr-09 01:18 PM, #14
Reply Thanks for not doing it, I wouldn't have been able to w..., Kassibaz (Guest), 13-Apr-09 02:40 PM, #16
Reply Boom goes the dynamite, Kassibaz (Guest), 12-Apr-09 10:25 PM, #1
     Reply I feel like the nexus cabal has died for now., Cyrn (Guest), 12-Apr-09 10:49 PM, #2
     Reply Best Nexus warrior I've seen., Firhindil (Guest), 12-Apr-09 11:06 PM, #3
     Reply Man.. you know playing times don't match up when, dot, ..., Lithazyris (Guest), 12-Apr-09 11:14 PM, #4
     Reply RE: Man.. you know playing times don't match up when, d..., Arngrum (Guest), 13-Apr-09 12:23 AM, #5
     Reply RE: Boom goes the dynamite, Borkahd, 13-Apr-09 12:42 AM, #6
     Reply RE: Boom goes the dynamite, Nian (Guest), 13-Apr-09 05:05 AM, #7
     Reply later pal, Flimbert (Guest), 13-Apr-09 07:10 AM, #8
     Reply Much respect from Iegob!, Iegob (Guest), 13-Apr-09 07:22 AM, #9
     Reply RE: Boom goes the dynamite, Daevryn, 13-Apr-09 10:10 AM, #10
     Reply Didnt meant to be disrespectful or ungrateful, Kassibaz (Guest), 15-Apr-09 10:23 AM, #30
     Reply RE: Boom goes the dynamite, Sarien, 13-Apr-09 10:18 AM, #11
     Reply RE: Boom goes the dynamite, Daevryn, 13-Apr-09 10:25 AM, #12
     Reply RE: Boom goes the dynamite, Sarien, 13-Apr-09 12:08 PM, #13
          Reply uhh daaaaaaw, flimbie (Guest), 13-Apr-09 03:55 PM, #18
     Reply It was harsh, I apologize, Kassibaz (Guest), 13-Apr-09 02:41 PM, #17
          Reply Alright...I forgive you., Sarien, 13-Apr-09 11:18 PM, #20
          Reply RE: It was harsh, I apologize, Kasir (Guest), 14-Apr-09 01:46 AM, #22
     Reply Well played sir., Jolindar (Guest), 13-Apr-09 01:55 PM, #15
     Reply Fortress comments, Lightmaged (Guest), 13-Apr-09 03:57 PM, #19
     Reply RE: Boom goes the dynamite, Goroel (Guest), 13-Apr-09 11:21 PM, #21
     Reply This is a shame, Datsue (Guest), 14-Apr-09 11:15 AM, #23
     Reply Late goodbye, Woldrun (Guest), 14-Apr-09 12:37 PM, #24
     Reply I think you and Borkahd and a few others defined this c..., Kassibaz (Guest), 15-Apr-09 10:20 AM, #28
     Reply RE: Boom goes the dynamite, Chidan (Guest), 14-Apr-09 05:50 PM, #25
     Reply Huh.~, Zizzle1 (Guest), 14-Apr-09 06:54 PM, #26
     Reply Ugh You!, Kassibaz (Guest), 15-Apr-09 10:21 AM, #29
          Reply RE: Ugh You!, Zizzle1 (Guest), 15-Apr-09 07:09 PM, #31
     Reply You are my great white hope, Mirfalaus (Guest), 15-Apr-09 11:02 PM, #32

Iobi (Guest)Tue 14-Apr-09 09:57 PM

#78872, "RE: (CON LOSS) [NEXUS] Kassibaz the Widowmaker, Elder o..."
In response to Reply #0

It was a true pleasure playing the game with you.

I wish we could have been on the same side. Maybe next time.

TwistMon 13-Apr-09 01:18 PM
Member since 23rd Sep 2006
3431 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#78774, "I really liked this char."
In response to Reply #0

I almost felt like maybe I should give you a 4th legacy for plugging away as long as you did at such bad odds.

Almost.

Good luck with the next char!

Kassibaz (Guest)Mon 13-Apr-09 02:40 PM

#78785, "Thanks for not doing it, I wouldn't have been able to w..."
In response to Reply #14

asdf

Kassibaz (Guest)Sun 12-Apr-09 10:25 PM

#78735, "Boom goes the dynamite"
In response to Reply #0

Well I really liked the combo, daggers are just nasty and swords worked well in certain situations. I want to thank the imms for making prob the only game I have consistently played for 7 or 8 + years. Kassibaz was originally gonna be a throw away character but pretty soon things started rolling and next thing I know I am the Rhyme and actually have responsibility. I like the reputation addition, it was nice to see how I was disliked or neutral with everyone, very appropriate for Nexans.

Sorry if towards the end I was whiney, I just became really embittered at some of the deaths I ate. Most of them seemed to be fights I would be winning then get shilacked by deathblow or thirst would completely change the fight.

I will say, deathblow sucks, bloodthirst sucks even more. Going into a fight and your main source of difference maker is maledictions.. to have them nuked and then fighting a hasted warrior is just bleh. Eating annihilates through vanguard, aura and stone skin was also very bleh. If it were up to me to play again, I would probably gang more, or just constantly be bonded or bring other mages along. It is really no contest between a villager warrior vs. a nexan warrior.

Nexans need another cabal power because other than bond, their powers suck big time. Vanguard is decent but nothing compared to any other cabal. I would like to see something that would make them more offensively potent to restore the balance. Hell, anything else.

Rayihn: thanks for the brief interactions, and for the legacy. At first I thought “that’s a crappy legacy!” then as I fought more people with maledictions I realized how awesome it was, thanks for that.

Iunna: Thanks for the fun times, you are a great imm and at some point I want to make a follower of yours.

Other imms: Thanks for the edge, though I think it would have been more appropriate if I got an edge that made me stronger when the veil was thick considering the odds I was up against.

Nexus:
Delagny: My main man. Towards the end you and I knew each other perfectly it was really a pleasure to work together, learn explore. I am still in disbelief about your wand situation, it frustrated me as well, good luck you are an all star.

Bedigink: Competent, and figuring it out, good luck with your wands.

Chidan/other shifters: Why couldn’t one of you go WATER?!?!? Just kidding shifters are a god send for a warrior.

Soerd: Lord knows you picked a combo I could never pull off. I had hoped the swords would help you out and the EQ.

Mirfalaus: You are my great white hope, Keep on trucking.

Battle:
Woldrun: You were the ####. I remember at one point it was stupid to fight you just eating demos/devas on regular hits. You completely destroyed me, but were extremely cool about it which is why I would fight you so much.

Borkahd: Glad you IMM’d so you could stop kicking my ass. You had fantastic RP and were fun to fight.

Goroel: I am really bleh on you. Cool cat, but for the love of god, I hate HATE HATE HATE entwine bloodthirst, because I can’t run away, you whooped down on me a few good times. I had the most frustrating deaths to you ever, where I would be winning easily then you would thirst or get deathblows and kill me as you were writhing or convulsing.

Firhindil: God you are nasty, elves with exotics is just mean, I had no chance unless I had a high level iron dagger which was rare.

Fortress: A few good fights, though most of you refused to fight alone which was pretty amazing to me, except for that one paladin that whooped by butt in blackwater. To whoever inducted Moopsie, you should be stripped of your induct power and shot in the face.

To Moopsie- I hope you burn in hell you piece of crap.

Scion: Flimbert- I loved you, awesome RP when you sent me “ILL MAKE A MORSEL OUT OF YOU” I was cracking up for a week.

If I forgot about you… sorry. Was a long played char.

Cyrn (Guest)Sun 12-Apr-09 10:49 PM

#78736, "I feel like the nexus cabal has died for now."
In response to Reply #1

You were the only remaining char that had any real presence of 'strength' in nexus and could possibly influence the balance and make the dogma known.

You obviously did well considering you got a third legacy pretty early on. Though we had our different aspects and roles in nexus we still formed a relatively strong team.

You did own me as Ceyreia. I knew it would be a hard combination to face. Riddle + whirlwind I feel to be really annoying in the maledict race. It was always too hard to get your dex lower than mine :-p.

Firhindil (Guest)Sun 12-Apr-09 11:06 PM

#78737, "Best Nexus warrior I've seen."
In response to Reply #1

You always brought your A game - except for your last two deaths, ha!- and man, you could be nasty. I don't think you ever realized how sick hamstring against me was - play the rager side of it and you'll see and likely cry at all the missed opportunities.

I loved your courage. You were always up for a fight. I hope the class that you showed everyone else was repaid three-fold. You showed the player on the other side of the screen a ton of respect and still maintained a bastard persona. Great job.

Lastly, I think you could have controlled the fights a lot better using a few different tactics. You knew I would thirst after you landed 3 or 4 dagger skills, negating the strength ones. I think you would have got more mileage out of hamstring and disarm due to inventory capacity. Maybe also use a few of the other hurl locations.

Solo Nexuns certainly need an additional power. I think Vanguard is great, for what it's worth, but a few smaller niche skills would do the cabal well.

Thanks for making CF that much more enjoyable, I loved and feared your character.

Lithazyris (Guest)Sun 12-Apr-09 11:14 PM

#78738, "Man.. you know playing times don't match up when, dot, ..."
In response to Reply #1

Was always nice seeing you on the leader command since my playtimes didn't every really seem to match yours. Always felt as if I caught the tail end or the early beginning, but nothing ever over 20-30 minutes. Here's to hoping you find your way back to Nexus.

Lithazyris

Arngrum (Guest)Mon 13-Apr-09 12:23 AM

#78739, "RE: Man.. you know playing times don't match up when, d..."
In response to Reply #4

Nasty, nasty warrior! I was the Paladin that spanked you in Blackwater, but the only reason was Defiance. If I had been holding any other weapon I would have dropped it and been toast. Had to come fight you since you have totally pwned my last two attempts at Rager, and since you were making a nuisance of yourself at the Fortress. Anyway, I hated you IC with just about every charachter I interacted with, but the person behind the keyboard seems like a good guy, come back to the Fields.

BorkahdMon 13-Apr-09 12:42 AM
Member since 17th Mar 2009
187 posts
#78740, "RE: Boom goes the dynamite"
In response to Reply #1

Wow, sad to see Kass gone. I -really- enjoyed our interactions and fights. You were a true asset to Nexus, from my perspective. I can't wait to see what you do next.

Good luck!

-----------------
"My view of Borkahd IC"
If you anger him, he'll rape you to death, eat your flesh, and sew your skin into his clothing. And if you're very, very lucky, he'll do it in that order. ~Twist

Nian (Guest)Mon 13-Apr-09 05:05 AM

#78742, "RE: Boom goes the dynamite"
In response to Reply #1

I thought you were cool. And it was fun to play around with the ever-changing Nexus views. Sad thing you had to leave on a very sour note.

See you with the next.

Flimbert (Guest)Mon 13-Apr-09 07:10 AM

#78743, "later pal"
In response to Reply #1

To be honest your the only non scion I actually worked with extensively. Flimbert is all about strength and he despises anyone who needs to have their hand held on the battlefield but we didn't have to talk, we didn't have to group, we just saw each other, we saw the situation and did what we each needed to do and it was oftentimes magical.

You were always a blast even when I ran around with you as my nexan and the rift will surely be hurting without your presence I hope you get back into the fields with something fresh and new soon.

And hey both times I gave you the arial boots of fancy prancing you go and die they must be cursed.

Iegob (Guest)Mon 13-Apr-09 07:22 AM

#78744, "Much respect from Iegob!"
In response to Reply #1

Had ALOT of fun fighting you! I don't think I ever thirsted against, unless we fought at my inner when I was badly hurt or something. (Know I fought a few nexuns like that...)

Cool char, keep up the ass kicking. And I might be returning to CF soon. (Though most likely as a herald or something equally less time consuming.)

DaevrynMon 13-Apr-09 10:10 AM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#78747, "RE: Boom goes the dynamite"
In response to Reply #1

>Other imms: Thanks for the edge, though I think it would have
>been more appropriate if I got an edge that made me stronger
>when the veil was thick considering the odds I was up
>against.

Probably, but that's what we had a Nexus cabal edge for. Blame the person who designed most of them (me).

I had fun watching this character, fighting with this character, and fighting against this character (in various guises). Nice job and I hope you had fun.

Kassibaz (Guest)Wed 15-Apr-09 10:23 AM

#78882, "Didnt meant to be disrespectful or ungrateful"
In response to Reply #10

I just laughed because at the time I was getting beaten like a red headed step child. I think cabal edges are really friggin cool and add to RP.

I had a lot of fun and thanks for running such an insanely addicting game.

SarienMon 13-Apr-09 10:18 AM
Member since 14th Feb 2009
740 posts
#78748, "RE: Boom goes the dynamite"
In response to Reply #1

To whoever inducted Moopsie, you should be stripped of your induct power and shot in the face.

Little harsh there bud,

Sure Moopsie/Mrrowler were pieces of work. Sure, they made people mad..however, the had the 2 needed recomendations and the right answers. As a leader you should know that not every person you induct is going to be tip top. Were there logs of these 2 being ####s posted on dio's prior to my inducting them..sure. Did I take them into consideration prior to inducting them..nope. For someone who I semi respected, your blatant hostility changes that view.

-S

DaevrynMon 13-Apr-09 10:25 AM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#78749, "RE: Boom goes the dynamite"
In response to Reply #11

I can admit I had similar if less violent thoughts.

Damn it, now I have the Moopsie/Mrowler techno thing in my head again.

SarienMon 13-Apr-09 12:08 PM
740 posts
#78762, "RE: Boom goes the dynamite"
In response to Reply #12

Sure,

those two were assclowns, I'll be the first to admit it. Did I really want to induct them as a player? no..but unfortunately they know the right answers/have enough RP in an interview to warrant an induct. With 2 recs, I found it hard to turn them away . Going forward obviously this won't happen again, but don't shoot me in the face! shoot them in their faces . I didn't make them act the way they did, in fact I came down pretty hard on them and stopped them from fulling a couple of peeps when I was there on a kill. I love you Daev, so please..don't shoot me in the face

-S

flimbie (Guest)Mon 13-Apr-09 03:55 PM

#78796, "uhh daaaaaaw"
In response to Reply #13

"Sure,

those two were assclowns, I'll be the first to admit it. "

So explain to me how people that everyone IC viewed to be ass clowns could be shining examples of the light... You know virtious, rightious, so on and so forth.

You see me, I would have pegged their behavior as having no morals, doing anything to achieve their end, which was to inflict misery on people, not a very maranly thing and for all the looting you can through a healthy amount of greed into the equation. Because they can fire off the answers in an interview makes it twice as bad because then as an ic character you should realize there is a difference in what they are saying and how they are acting and percieve it as a deception.

either way its perfectly ok to say to someone you can't join the cabal until you stop acting like a cunt.

I don't mean this as a personal attack on you sar cause I think your pretty darn swell and I am glad your not planning to repeat it but even as a fort leader it is ok to have standards and actually require them of applicants.

And honestly your the leader when they kept doing that stuff you should have booted them plain and simple you didn't make them do what they did but you let them represent the fort and continue to represent it even after.

Kassibaz (Guest)Mon 13-Apr-09 02:41 PM

#78786, "It was harsh, I apologize"
In response to Reply #11

I understand the difficulties of IC and OOC knowledge, Moopsie pulled some stuff that went even beyond it.

Sorry for the harsh words, Sarien was cool to fight, keep on keeping on

SarienMon 13-Apr-09 11:18 PM
740 posts
#78824, "Alright...I forgive you."
In response to Reply #17

But I expect some snuggling! Oh yeah, roll up a fortie today!

Kasir (Guest)Tue 14-Apr-09 01:46 AM

#78830, "RE: It was harsh, I apologize"
In response to Reply #17

It's not all his fault; I think I inducted one of them.

And I think I paid for it tonight with bad CF karma.

*fistshake Satebos*

Jolindar (Guest)Mon 13-Apr-09 01:55 PM

#78778, "Well played sir."
In response to Reply #1

We tusseled a bit, thunderlance made it rough on you, but I've played nexus fighters before and it's very tough. Much respect.

Come on back now ya hear.

Lightmaged (Guest)Mon 13-Apr-09 03:57 PM

#78797, "Fortress comments"
In response to Reply #1

Mot sure where your fortress comments are directed at...

I fought plenty of Nexuns during my playtime with my last char Drue.

Usually when the light tipped a few of you would show up and mix it up a bit, or help the lone Scion or Imperial try to retrieve.

During a raid, if 3-4 enemies show up, what do you expect? A one on one duel?

In non-raid situations, if I knew the balance was tipped and saw you patrolling the east road, I would simply leave.

There are a few of us who fought anything that moved and did not back down from a fight. 9 times out of 10 I would send nexuns packing. (

which annoys me when we get lumped in with general comments)

As an aside: Not sure who Moopsie is, but anyone named Moopsie is probably a tool anyhow.

Goroel (Guest)Mon 13-Apr-09 11:21 PM

#78825, "RE: Boom goes the dynamite"
In response to Reply #1

Man, you had me so #### scared of you while I was pre-hero. Once I hit 51 it was less rough but you were a beast. You were gutsy, you were smart and yet you were still up for fights. Entwine was the only way I was able to beat you, which was a pain because you really, really made me work for those fights. If I didn't entwine you ripped me apart with concealed, and if I thirsted you would run off, let my fatigue come up and come back at me.

I had much respect for you and wish you luck with your next!

Datsue (Guest)Tue 14-Apr-09 11:15 AM

#78844, "This is a shame"
In response to Reply #1

I enjoyed our interactions. It was fun to come and surprise villagers in the Island from time to time. I wanted to fight you in some ways too and the one time we got into it that stupid Vindicator had to fly in and put bloody shackles on me! bah. Anyway, I liked your char and your guts. DB sometimes can be overpowered, but I would think you might have been able to prep more in most cases. The other part is that with nexus struggling one of the worst things is for a nexus warrior to be alone. The bond is meant to be used after all. Anyway, great job.

Woldrun (Guest)Tue 14-Apr-09 12:37 PM

#78849, "Late goodbye"
In response to Reply #1

Honestly, you've got such a great attitude. It is easy to like/admire/etc. someone when you can have them for lunch. But when your build is so easily pwned by someone, it's tough to not hate them. At least for me. (Ikbe, for instance, would just eat me alive utterly and completely. I had a hard time not hating him for it, heh.)

Your build was pretty much great for fighting a lot of people other than me, but I think I was one that you fought, if not THE most, at least a great deal.

What I liked is that you'd keep coming back for more, and, the times when you did get me, you were as classy in victory as you were in defeat. I hope I managed to return that back to you.

Kassibaz (Guest)Wed 15-Apr-09 10:20 AM

#78880, "I think you and Borkahd and a few others defined this c..."
In response to Reply #24

because when I did die I knew only 1 or 2 pieces would be gone IF anything. I think at one point you, goroel, bork and firhindil left me everything coins included.

Thats what made me come back for more, I really had no fear of losing stuff and I enjoyed the respect, that is why the 1 or 2 times I got you I made sure to the best of my ability that nothing was taken.

I think its that type of RP that will keep CF alive and help expand the playerbase if they can die without fear of a full loot/sac.

Enjoy being the Commander, its a tough but fun ride.

Chidan (Guest)Tue 14-Apr-09 05:50 PM

#78865, "RE: Boom goes the dynamite"
In response to Reply #1

I wasnt a shifter but the female arial warrior.

Zizzle1 (Guest)Tue 14-Apr-09 06:54 PM

#78869, "Huh.~"
In response to Reply #1

~

Kassibaz (Guest)Wed 15-Apr-09 10:21 AM

#78881, "Ugh You!"
In response to Reply #26

I wasnt sure why you were always trying to kill me, and that one time I teleported to whitecloaks and died, I was pretty smug thinking "ah ha I avoided death again". After I pretty much begged you to leave me alone you were cool.

Zizzle1 (Guest)Wed 15-Apr-09 07:09 PM

#78888, "RE: Ugh You!"
In response to Reply #29

>I wasnt sure why you were always trying to kill me

Because you were someone who was tough to kill.

Mirfalaus (Guest)Wed 15-Apr-09 11:02 PM

#78895, "You are my great white hope"
In response to Reply #1

Hmm. That may be a tall order to fill. Not sure what you saw in me to say something like that. But damn. Thanks. You can count on me to stick it out at least. Pretty sure I'll be nowhere near as deathful but I won't back down. You were a good leader for the short time I was there to witness. And I'll take your advice about asking for help. I've tended to do things by myself so far and it hasn't always worked out for the best. Well good luck with everything.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #78734 Previous topic | Next topic