Subject: "(RAGE DELETE) [EMPIRE] Mirto the Legend of the Battlefi..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #78421
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 01-Apr-09 02:28 AM
Member since 03rd Oct 2024
17206 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#78421, "(RAGE DELETE) [EMPIRE] Mirto the Legend of the Battlefield, Elite Imperial Blade"

Wed Apr 1 01:24:40 2009

At 11 o'clock AM, Day of the Great Gods, 19th of the Month of the Dragon
on the Theran calendar Mirto perished, never to return.

Race:half-drow
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:EMPIRE, the Empire
Hours:154

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply For Forsaken and all others who feel that way and wish ..., Alex (Guest), 04-Apr-09 07:36 AM, #1
     Reply Heh, Ahtieli2 (Guest), 04-Apr-09 09:34 AM, #2
     Reply RE: For Forsaken and all others who feel that way and w..., Humbert (Guest), 04-Apr-09 10:41 AM, #3
     Reply solution number another, laxmania (Guest), 06-Apr-09 12:55 PM, #6
     Reply Super competent warrior..., Dolce (Guest), 04-Apr-09 04:12 PM, #4
          Reply RE: Super competent warrior..., Alex (Guest), 04-Apr-09 04:30 PM, #5

Alex (Guest)Sat 04-Apr-09 07:36 AM

#78510, "For Forsaken and all others who feel that way and wish ..."
In response to Reply #0

Goodbuy

Ahtieli2 (Guest)Sat 04-Apr-09 09:34 AM

#78511, "Heh"
In response to Reply #1

Mirto was not your best char but it was nice to have batter machine around. We had quite a bit of nice defends, reraids and raids together.

Good luck.

Humbert (Guest)Sat 04-Apr-09 10:41 AM

#78512, "RE: For Forsaken and all others who feel that way and w..."
In response to Reply #1

Dunno what's with all the hating people have for the Russian gang. Yes, I know who plays who, but I don't think it is a perma. This wasn't your strongest character. However I was quite annoyed at your taunting for more fights when STSF charged up.

You probably already know the Hunsobo or Humbert build of warrior is meant for forcing people to stick in fights when things go well and getting out of fights that go badly. The Kostyan build is (notwithstanding the abuse of insane dagger melee and STSF) is meant to whittle opponents slowly at first then suddenly switching to offense and killing. The Lariya/Solasarath build is meant for just beating the crap out of everything that comes near, but doesn't really get kills.

Each type of char has its own set of tactics. It is for that same reason that I don't call Ahtieli a coward. The way to bring down a lich is to 2-man that lich while lich has no preparations and is forced to stay. It is actually quite easy if the lich is dumb enough to allow that to happen (knowing Ahtieli's player, he is in fact very good at setting up the right pk scenarios). If lich is prepared just run and strike again once preps go down. If lich preps again just run and strike again once preps go down. ETC.

Ahtieli's player is also correct in arguing that it is harder to get pks now, if he is thinking of players like me who won't stick around in a losing fight (there are some players who don't mind dying and often do so unnecessarily. they are very common in Fortress and Battle). The only real solution to this is to keep going all over thera and hunting people down until they log off, then just log off when there's no one to kill. Log back on and you'll find people to kill. Repeat.

This is not abuse of login or logout if you do it within reason, and make your logins long enough (30 mins and above is usually fine). I'm sure the IMMs don't want to force players to sit on arse afk just so they can fulfill some sort of login requirement.

The other real solution is to bring a gang. So all this name-calling about cowardice and all that is really quite pointless when it is the rational corollary of a game that is designed on unbalanced class matchups and heavy cost of pk deaths. If you want many many fights which are fair and balanced I suggest getting a WoW character to 80 and beginning this thing called 'Arenas'. Or play counterstrike.

Also, I forgive your full loot. Expected it anyway. Not that you need my forgiveness, but just saying. No biggie compared to what Kostyan does (which is simply rational maximisation of the number of pks accrued by a character).

laxmania (Guest)Mon 06-Apr-09 12:55 PM

#78592, "solution number another"
In response to Reply #3

the other solution is to change your fighting habbits in order to change your opponents. Letting them get a percieved edge in combat can go a long way (this is why kostyan had so many kills, everyone kept killing him bu the tha tat fired saved him and got them dead but because everyone kept getting him dead or hurt they kept coming at him)

If your predictable in your tactics then people will know when to flee and when to stay, if you keep giving them carrots they will be conditioned to stay more which is how you take down the conservative players. They will see a gang a mile away anyways.

Dolce (Guest)Sat 04-Apr-09 04:12 PM

#78522, "Super competent warrior..."
In response to Reply #1

I loved your build. You were fast, strong, and kicked tons of ass. You were extremely good in PK, and knew ALOT about CF. A definite asset to the Palace. I wish you had stuck around, really. I hope that not being made War Master didn't sour you to the char...

On a completely other tangent (and not to deaththread hijack), OOC, I know absolutely noone who plays CF - well, I did meet Lyserion once, but that was years ago. I don't know anyone's AOL IM's or IRC, or any of that.

I hate how QHCF and this board affect what I know about a char IC... Like I would never have known you were of the "Russian clique" until I read QHCF. And once I did read it, I actually started worrying IC whether you'd be made War Master over me due to all the "Russian Empire" talk. Because OOC, if you were promoted over me, I would have thought it was due to clique instead of char (even if your character was superior to mine... which it may)... especially after I waited for weeks to be promoted after I was promised the spot by Ahtieli.

Anyways, what I'm trying to say is... I wish everyone would just play the game to have fun. Not to create the biggest, baddest perma that I, as a nobody, will never be part of, and ruins the fun for everyone else.

I love CF. I always have. I hope it'll be around for people to play for years to come.

Alex (Guest)Sat 04-Apr-09 04:30 PM

#78523, "RE: Super competent warrior..."
In response to Reply #4

Hehe, no not making War Master had nothing to do with deleting. More than that I dodn't wish the spot right for that reason. Also I don't think that I was all that greate and deserved spot in 150 hours. Though Eleia made it even faster. As for Dolce I generaly liked you and think you deserved the spot. Your RP for example is far superiour to mine and you are obviously deadly enough. So good luck dealing with all those fortlander hordes.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #78421 Previous topic | Next topic