Subject: "(DELETED) [EMPIRE] Phewt the Secret, Imperial Shadow" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #78232
Show all folders

Death_AngelFri 27-Mar-09 06:30 AM
Member since 03rd Oct 2024
17206 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#78232, "(DELETED) [EMPIRE] Phewt the Secret, Imperial Shadow"

Thu Mar 26 15:34:55 2009

At 3 o'clock AM, Day of the Bull, 8th of the Month of the Shadows
on the Theran calendar Phewt perished, never to return.

Race:arial
Class:thief
Level:47
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:EMPIRE, the Empire
Hours:142

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Phewt the Secret, Imperial Shado..., Elzebeth (Guest), 26-Mar-09 09:56 PM, #6
Reply RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Phewt the Secret, Imperial Shado..., Dervish, 27-Mar-09 05:08 AM, #7
Reply RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Phewt the Secret, Imperial Shado..., Nian (Guest), 26-Mar-09 05:17 PM, #2
Reply Goodbyes and some info about binder thieves., Dervish, 26-Mar-09 05:15 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Goodbyes and some info about binder thieves., Kasir (Guest), 26-Mar-09 06:10 PM, #3
     Reply Trappers suck nt, Mughol (Guest), 26-Mar-09 06:58 PM, #4
          Reply Awwww. (txt), Lazy Chickie (Guest), 27-Mar-09 08:49 AM, #9
     Reply Disagreed about the binder comment at the end, as alway..., Lhydia, 26-Mar-09 08:22 PM, #5
     Reply RE: Goodbyes and some info about binder thieves., Daevryn, 27-Mar-09 07:43 AM, #8
          Reply Why what? nt, Dervish, 27-Mar-09 09:16 AM, #10

Elzebeth (Guest)Thu 26-Mar-09 09:56 PM

#78246, "RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Phewt the Secret, Imperial Shado..."
In response to Reply #0

I tried to prod you in the right direction. Sure hope I didn't causr this delete. GLWYN

DervishFri 27-Mar-09 05:08 AM
Member since 11th Oct 2003
617 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via ICQ
#78260, "RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Phewt the Secret, Imperial Shado..."
In response to Reply #6

No, thats not because of you. I understood your attempts, but well PK is the main reason I play, so...

Nian (Guest)Thu 26-Mar-09 05:17 PM

#78234, "RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Phewt the Secret, Imperial Shado..."
In response to Reply #0

You were always ready to defend. People like you give the Empire a good name, while remaining true to the oath. You were often at the bad end of my hammers, but I respected you, well done!

DervishThu 26-Mar-09 05:13 PM
617 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via ICQ
#78233, "Goodbyes and some info about binder thieves."
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Thu 26-Mar-09 05:15 PM

Well nothing much to say in goodbyes. Though I am Russian and therefore should be a part of "Russian cartel" I never had a char in Empire for about 6 years. So this one was going to fix it. Cant say I love the cabal, but it has its own flavour.

I tried to play Phewt with some flavour as well. Not sure if I succeeded from other's point of view, but I tried as well as I tried do not to ruin your fun and certainly had mine.

Some info about binder thieves now. I've found this class PK abilities are below average. And as this is not described in helpfile, I think I could clear the gap.

1. Dont, I say dont ever think to skip blackjack. I have no idea why Zulgh prefers garrotte over it, but its damn useful and as I know much more useful than garrotte.

I skipped it.

2. Dont skip weapontrip skill. While the help file does not say about it, you can trip flying ones with it. So this is your only lag skill.

I skipped it.

3. To kill someone you need to: find them; meet them; knock them out; gag them quickly enough; hope, that noone comes around to save them or attack you (heh, I had even villagers striking me, while I was binding mage); succeed in your bindings (which may fail even if mastered, even if you have the rope); and even then they can fall in first two rounds or you can get outmeeleed.

4. I took shadowdisappear but never got a chance to use it. The only flail spec I fought never used flails on me except one first battle. But it takes two round to prepare.

5. Gentle walk is pretty useful as well. Many monsters still see you even if you hidden and sneaking. So take it.

So, as conclusion I'd say if you wish to PK, dont go binder path. Its like poisoner or trapper - has its own flavor but thats all.

Have a nice day!

Kasir (Guest)Thu 26-Mar-09 06:10 PM

#78235, "RE: Goodbyes and some info about binder thieves."
In response to Reply #1

We didn't actually talk much, but I felt a sort of kinship with you because our two characters seemed to be the ones to get destroyed first in any group vs. group fight. Woe is thief!

You also seemed unwilling to grief people when given the chance, so thanks for keeping the game fun.

Some thoughts on your thoughts about binders:

1. I can definitely see the argument for taking blackjack. At least, I agree that it would be a useful addition to someone who already has garrotte. Not sure if it's worth the opportunity cost of spending 8 points, but I can see the argument both ways.

2. Disagree on weapontrip. So far I've found it too unreliable and too ineffective to actually be useful. I can think of maybe one kill I've gotten due to weapontrip that I wouldn't have still gotten without it. There are also some easy things your opponents can do to make it even more ineffective than it already is.

3. I agree to an extent on general combat. I don't think you always need to knock someone out and bind them to get a kill. But yes, most of the time that's the case. There are some options for dealing with rescuers, but they won't work all the time.

4. Can't say much about shadowdisappear, but I can remember at least one situation where it might have saved me from a mob death and another where it might have saved me from near-certain PK death. Then again, maybe that's not worth 2 thief points. It's at least debatable.

5. Gentlewalk is a huge bargain. I'm in total agreement with you here.

As for binder vs. poisoner and trapper: one big advantage to binder is that you don't have to collect ingredients. I consider that a pretty big advantage.

Mughol (Guest)Thu 26-Mar-09 06:58 PM

#78236, "Trappers suck nt"
In response to Reply #3

nope

Lazy Chickie (Guest)Fri 27-Mar-09 08:49 AM

#78270, "Awwww. (txt)"
In response to Reply #4

IMO, Most people that play trappers suck. I've been trying to stick away from playing trappers because of how easy it is to simply clean someone out with no risk. Granted, if you're looking for PK, get ready to be a little disapointed, I think.

Gentle Walk is a great skill. I've never bothered with the new Binder path, since Rikkiri was in her 40's when the changes went in. Blackjack is probably more reliable, but I believe garrotte just lasts longer (I could be totally wrong, and that would be disapointing to the extreme with it's success rate).

I was hoping to RP and PK a little with Phewt. I interacted with you with a currect character, and you were much more enjoyable to talk to than any single other Imperial. GLWYN!

LhydiaThu 26-Mar-09 08:22 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
2390 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#78238, "Disagreed about the binder comment at the end, as alway..."
In response to Reply #1

gr

DaevrynFri 27-Mar-09 07:43 AM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#78266, "RE: Goodbyes and some info about binder thieves."
In response to Reply #1

>1. Dont, I say dont ever think to skip blackjack. I have no
>idea why Zulgh prefers garrotte over it, but its damn useful
>and as I know much more useful than garrotte.

Out of curiousity, why?

DervishFri 27-Mar-09 09:16 AM
617 posts
#78273, "Why what? nt"
In response to Reply #8

nt

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #78232 Previous topic | Next topic