Subject: "(DEL) Theddledim the Slave of Electricity" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #7757
Show all folders

Death_AngelTue 16-Jul-02 09:05 PM
Member since 28th Sep 2024
17189 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7757, "(DEL) Theddledim the Slave of Electricity"

Tue Jul 16 23:04:08 2002

7 o''clock PM, Day of the Bull, 1st of the Month of the Great Evil on the Theran calendar Theddledim perished, never to return.

Race:svirfnebli
Class:invoker
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:None, None
Hours:297
PK Ratio:53% (closer to 100% is better)

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DEL) Theddledim the Slave of Electricity, Lannie (Guest), 17-Jul-02 04:19 PM, #15
Reply Sorry?, Couillard, 17-Jul-02 05:01 PM, #17
Reply You bastard., Jorget (Guest), 17-Jul-02 11:30 AM, #12
Reply I got the title out of pity, Couillard, 17-Jul-02 05:04 PM, #18
     Reply Log, Bria, 18-Jul-02 01:01 PM, #20
Reply I don't have to be afraid ANYMORE! (This is gonna be lo..., Couillard, 17-Jul-02 02:48 AM, #3
Reply RE: I don't have to be afraid ANYMORE! (This is gonna b..., Stargher (Guest), 17-Jul-02 03:11 AM, #5
Reply Well umm, Couillard, 17-Jul-02 03:20 AM, #6
Reply RE: I don't have to be afraid ANYMORE! (This is gonna b..., Sheilica (Guest), 17-Jul-02 07:53 AM, #7
Reply hehe, Couillard, 17-Jul-02 08:28 AM, #8
Reply argh. your roleplay was annoying, but good, Persumal (Guest), 17-Jul-02 08:55 AM, #9
Reply yeah..., Couillard, 17-Jul-02 09:43 AM, #10
Reply What I got nothing, I gave you a cookie!!, Bria, 17-Jul-02 11:07 AM, #11
Reply RE: What I got nothing, I gave you a cookie!!, Vladamir, 17-Jul-02 01:27 PM, #14
Reply Hmm no, Bria, 18-Jul-02 01:13 PM, #21
     Reply He did not., Boy Scout (Guest), 18-Jul-02 03:28 PM, #22
     Reply RE: Hmm no, Vladamir, 18-Jul-02 09:32 PM, #24
Reply HAHAHAH, Couillard, 17-Jul-02 04:47 PM, #16
Reply RE: I don't have to be afraid ANYMORE! (This is gonna b..., Ulthur, 17-Jul-02 12:47 PM, #13
Reply Didn't even mention me *sniff* well..., Eryintha (Guest), 17-Jul-02 09:49 PM, #19
Reply Hmm., Gorach, 18-Jul-02 04:36 PM, #23
Reply DOH!, Deigreck (Guest), 17-Jul-02 02:24 AM, #2
Reply RE: DOH!, Couillard, 17-Jul-02 02:54 AM, #4
Reply Damn man..., Vladamir, 17-Jul-02 01:14 AM, #1

Lannie (Guest)Wed 17-Jul-02 04:19 PM

#7758, "RE: (DEL) Theddledim the Slave of Electricity"
In response to Reply #0

I'm not trying to be mean, but the two times Lannie noticed your paranoid side, it was awfully convenient for you. The first time was when you started moaning about being an awful leader inside the Dragon Tower, ignoring our reassurances, then you teleported leaving us there. I was thinking "wow, that's unusual" but perfectly happy until on the way out from the tower I glanced around and saw you with a group of scions heading into the Elemental Temple. Immediately I realized you had just left us to join the other group and were only putting up a front. The second time was when I put up a snare at the top of Kidanna-Rah while I was inside, and you and Sheilica fell into the snare. I was blind at the time, but my groupmated said it was you two, so I yelled, apologizing and asking if it would be too much trouble to cure my blindness. I hear nothing after snare wears off. Blindness goes away, then I see you and the healer in the room with the paladin, most likely getting gear. Then you take off and yell something about not being wanted so you're leaving. Only after you got what you came for, right? Ignoring my request for you to stick around? Again, your roleplay seemed awfully convenient. I guess it is nice to come here and see that you didn't just act paranoid when it benefitted you. Good job. I guess I was only seeing half of the picture.

CouillardWed 17-Jul-02 05:01 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
0 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7759, "Sorry?"
In response to Reply #15

9/10 of the very large groups I have been in I found a way out of..quickly... Large groups made me very nervous and there was so much that could go wrong...The weight of the responsibility that came with leading a big group of people around was too much for theddledim because he doubted himself so much and convinced himself that he was going to get everyone killed......the one I didn't leave was the time I went to the inferno.....once I was in there really wasn't any turning back and I got a chance to try and pray to my gnome daddy. my roleplay rarely was convinient for me but I do admit to being tipped off several times by scions telling me stuff like "don't shield lannie!" ...when I heard ##### like that I just split and sometimes I tried to hint that I had a "Very very very bad feeling about it" and if the group I left died I didn't feel as bad because "They just never listen to me"......heh. I didn't trust your character because I fell into two of your snares and after shalven showed me what he could do with a snare I got really really nervous in the woods and around rangers. I'm sorry if I was just annoying, but I guess thats the price you pay to let me roleplay heh

Thanks for the comments....

Z

Jorget (Guest)Wed 17-Jul-02 11:30 AM

#7760, "You bastard."
In response to Reply #0

Not only did you make it into my role, for various reasons, but I liked you. I didn't go downlow because you geared me up. I was constantly geared up. The problem was that I went out of town for a week. I sent a note to my cabal explaining that and considered including you, but I have to be a bit more secretive about why you'd be on there. Anyhow, I was in a huge rush (packing) and I forgot to send a separate copy to you. For that, I apologize. Our roles went well together, and I seemed to know some secrets that you didn't, and you were able to get things I wasn't, not that I ever asked you for anything more than an amulet of clarity. Anyhow, we had a good relationship and you'll see me back again (if your character can see me) because I'm home. Should have some free time again after today. Jorget is going to miss Theddle, however. *sniff*

Look forward to seeing you around. Keep up the roleplay, it suits you. You even got a title out of it.

CouillardWed 17-Jul-02 05:04 PM
0 posts
#7761, "I got the title out of pity"
In response to Reply #12

I died several times in like 20 seconds picking up a bracelet of electricity and Bria was saving me from a rage delete and enjoying my stupidity.

jesus christ it is a funny log though once I dig it out.

BriaThu 18-Jul-02 01:01 PM
185 posts
#7762, "Log"
In response to Reply #18

You can always send that log my way, I need a good chuckle every now and then, if you don't want to post it. Mine just isn't as good as yours would be...

Sorry I can't retitle you now, Bria's Jester

CouillardWed 17-Jul-02 02:48 AM
0 posts
#7763, "I don't have to be afraid ANYMORE! (This is gonna be lo..."
In response to Reply #0

Its sad that my enjoyment with this char could be destroyed by one person who that flipped out because I roleplayed mild paranoia to him (I mean...I wasn't even laying it on thick AT ALL...ask zef or sammy) but i'm not going to bitch (too much). I was deleting on the 5th anyway and it was going to be very hard; thanks to those of you that killed me for a set I would have taken you to go get for yourself if you had only asked..it made deleting a lot easier.
I hope some people noticed that I was honestly roleplaying with this character (yes that WAS a first for me) and I was roleplaying 100% of time until ulfin/grummy deleted...then amora/stargher heroing only made me lose more and more of my roleplay each night; I started trying to roleplay the pking but I couldn't justify it to myself and I knew I had to delete before I turned into a pk char/gear hoarder because this character HAD to be different and he had to be better. One thing I really tried hard to do was not stop roleplaying because I had to make a sacrifice so I made it a point to not to ...if my paranoia made someone say "GOD DAMNIT YOU FUCKING STUPID CUNT MORON YOU KNOW GOD DAMN WELL I WASN'T FUCKING AFTER YOU BECAUSE I COULD HAVE FUCKING KILLED YOU WHEN YOU WALKED BY ME GOD DAMNIT BUT IF YOU WANT TO FUCKING ACCUSE ME WHEN YOU KNOW GOD DAMN WELL I WASN'T THEN I'LL FUCKING HUNT YOU!" (You know who you are) I'm sorry that I didn't flagrantly go out of character to explain my role to you and that I knew you weren't after me as a player ...oh wait no i'm not sorry ##### you.

Ok enough bitching.

+Orinah....AGAIN. Your fucking insane man. You completely and utterly rocked.

+Samtuka......jesus christ man what the #####? You knew my role but i guess it was in your role to just keep pushing and pushing and pushing until I flat out refused to beleive one single word you said or ever travel with you again. You were one of several people that seemed to enjoy making me have an anxiety attack more than anything else.

+Zefarah..... You handled my anxiety attacks for the best of them, hell you handled my role for the best of them...maybe it was because you played such a great healer but for what its worth THANK YOU!!!

+Sheilica.... I remember Rhuean telling me we were attached at the hip which is pretty god dman funny....especially when I was pushing 10-15+ hours a day and you were on for like 3 of them every other day but why anyone would blame me for wanting you at my side as much as possible I dunno. You and I did things I didn't think were possible and you are the only reason I did not delete weeks ago..I always looked forward to what limits I might push with you and you NEVER complained about anything...you never demanded anything.....you never wanted to to pk anyone (god my char loved that).....and you would never stop healing me even if you were going down in flames.....I loved you in character but my character couldn't have ever told you that. If you were waiting to hear it sorry.

+Jorget...you were my proof that I didn't have anything against a peaceful sylvan...WHAT THE ##### HAPPENED TO YOU? After I stacked you up to beat hell you just dissapeared....oh well. Go0d luck because your going to need it with the current sylvan leadership.

+Gorach..I thought you were going to be a really really cool character for theddledim to kick it with but you never failed to blow any respect I forced myself to have for you. When you did a get all corpse; wear all; quaff return ; nofol and quit when we killed stargher I just decided not to deal with you anymore at all. That was #####.

+Grummorum...I didn't expect that...but thanks, your interractions helped me devolope my character alot but I just didn't know what to do anymore and then BAM you and ulfin were gone....I won't say good luck with whatever you do away from cf because I think your a fucking asshole but good luck with whatever you do on cf because on cf you are the man.

+Stargher..i love the ap class...its my favorite class and I wanted to see you do well...I wanted to drag you around all night long and stack you up with sick gear so you could roll over everyone and charge up your weapon but all you wanted to do was gank with amora and I tried to roleplay with you and you flipped out on me...I wouldn't break my role to mend our relationship so you got fucked then I got fucked....we all got fucked. Good job because it seemed like thats what you wanted.

+Amora... I shielded you when you were outside the village because I knew you were fighting rhuean and you told me that while you were being peaceful then you would be hunting me later so I stoneshattered your ass....that was one of my little ways of saying "LEAVE ME ALONE" but it obviously didn't work. Another example of how I got fucked because I wouldn't break my role.

+Sashka... Good job. I wasn't really killable with that set except the scenario that went down tonight that I totally put myself into because I was regearing what you had taken from me...the funniest part about it all is that I had typed quit and taken an adrenalin you can't leave yet! two seconds before you assasimated me. Dying picking up my bracelet of electricity four times (hence my title) was just panick/rush/stupidity on my part but i could see you felt bad heh...we all did but it makes one hell of a funny as log.

+Rhuean... You are the only villager I am going to mention because I think you are the only person that played a rager that anyone could respect. They better put your ass up on the the wall by the D or something because you were everything that a rager should be and more... Villagers these days need more examples like you because they are very few and very far in beetween and not encouraged by the immortal staff. It was a sad sad sad day when I saw huraz snag commander out from under you and I knew your con wasn't going to keep you around much longer. I enjoyed the fact that I couldnt' kill you as easily as I downed most villagers in one on ones when I wanted to stay and fight...and you weren't even a fucking zerker....damn good job/mad props/big fucking shout out.

+The Entire Nexus Cabal:
...Nexus roleplay is gone; what you do is you fight ragers...why dont' you just rename the cabal MASTERS and call the warrior types Warders becaue then you'd be roleplaying; I know that the two incidents that went down weren't yoru members trying to kill me but I was trying to roleplay as annoying as it might have been...and you did fuckup so I didn't feel as bad flipping out about it.

Ok, this is too fucking long already so anyone that I missed i'll address individually if you gave enough of a ##### to say something about my char.

I'll be back

ZHEEEEEEEESUS!!!!

Stargher (Guest)Wed 17-Jul-02 03:11 AM

#7777, "RE: I don't have to be afraid ANYMORE! (This is gonna b..."
In response to Reply #3

What can I say, I'm intolerant. After explaining to your four times I was not hunting you it went past my threshold of tolerance. So yes, I decided to save an arguement, I'd make you right. Yes, I know paranoia was your roleplay somehow. No, knowing that didn't make it any less annoying. I do have one question. How did that someone know you were slept on the trail and come right to you and attack when they had logged on only a minute before they got there?

CouillardWed 17-Jul-02 03:20 AM
0 posts
#7778, "Well umm"
In response to Reply #5

Me and him WERE grouped at the time because I knew you weren't going to fight without amora (I had just hoped we could have a good one on one fight) and he has a form that hides but ...##### thanks for the laugh dude thats hysterical that you would even hint that I was OOC on your ass.

Sheilica (Guest)Wed 17-Jul-02 07:53 AM

#7775, "RE: I don't have to be afraid ANYMORE! (This is gonna b..."
In response to Reply #3

I am not going to say a lot about my rp because Sheilica
is going to be around a bit longer. I am going to miss logging
on and typing who pk and seeing Theddledim's name and thinking
time to have some fun. Yes I loved grouping with you, hell
who wouldn't, you watched my back as much as I watched yours.

I was very fond of Theddledim and remember when I told him.
He started stuttering, I figured i scared him and dropped the whole thing. I was sitting here trying not to laugh.

Good luck with your next character.

I will leave things there. Anything else would be bad rp.

CouillardWed 17-Jul-02 08:28 AM
0 posts
#7776, "hehe"
In response to Reply #7

When you started talking about your feelings for thed he was as scared as I was when my ex-girlfriend asked me to marry her last year....except that thed really loved you. Nothing had had ever made him as nervous in his entire life; except maybe samtuka's antics or Grummorum.

Persumal (Guest)Wed 17-Jul-02 08:55 AM

#7773, "argh. your roleplay was annoying, but good"
In response to Reply #3

I quickly realised paranoia was part of your role, but accusing two paladins of trying to lead you into a village trap! Running off from us ended up getting you killed, so I said a few prayers for your peace of mind. But damn it was annoying given how long we'd waited to travel with you.

CouillardWed 17-Jul-02 09:43 AM
0 posts
#7774, "yeah..."
In response to Reply #9

I wanted to go to thar SO Bad....you have no idea how much I talked about thar. But I couldn't justify it ic...after hitting a snare there, you summoning me w/o warning, shalven scared the bejesus outta me, there were ragers around and I failed to push thru the thorns when my character had never seen those thorns before and was left outside. I'm sorry if it annoyed you because I tried hard not to be annoying but sometimes it was unavoidable..just know that when you were annoyed I was annoyed and frustrated as a player as well. Thanks for not flipping out on me.

BriaWed 17-Jul-02 11:07 AM
185 posts
#7767, "What I got nothing, I gave you a cookie!!"
In response to Reply #3

I spent all that time talking you out of deleteing, giving you that spiffy title, and then poof a couple days later you do it any way, *sniff* should have just let you go then.

But at least I got a good laugh from your deaths... all of them in a row, hehehe, ok I am getting anouther laugh from it now. Thanks, you know your laughing now too, don't get all cranky again.

Have fun, Bria

PS Any time you die like that please make sure to pray, I would hate to miss out on it.

VladamirWed 17-Jul-02 01:27 PM
1179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#7769, "RE: What I got nothing, I gave you a cookie!!"
In response to Reply #11

Hahah holy #####, I didn't think you had a post like that one in you Bria. I always pictured you with a bright pastel pink room, and kittens surrounding your desk, and posters of Muppets and ##### all around. I had images of you grabbing one of the kittens for comfort anytime you saw someone die, and crying "Oh no! Woe is me, damn my immortal perrogotive to not heal every single person who is in peril!"

With this single post you blew all of that out of the water, forever. Hahaha.

BriaThu 18-Jul-02 01:13 PM
185 posts
#7770, "Hmm no"
In response to Reply #14

Pink? there is nothing pink in my home, ok maybe some tiny little things, but not the walls or anything major. Kittens surrounding my desk, hmm nope, My sisters cat is staying with me, I kick it every now and then, that count? Muppets .... no no muppets, though I do know anouther imm with muppet posters, but it isn't me.

"Oh no! Woe is me, damn my immortal perrogotive to not heal every single person who is in peril!"
Thats a good one. Only time I am crying is from laughing so hard.

Maybe you ment this in more of an IC way, in which case you really don't know Bria either. But thanks for the laugh.

Boy Scout (Guest)Thu 18-Jul-02 03:28 PM

#7772, "He did not."
In response to Reply #21

Thank you for crushing our dreams.

We still love you anyway.
-Boy Scout

VladamirThu 18-Jul-02 09:32 PM
1179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#7771, "RE: Hmm no"
In response to Reply #21

While my description was (deliberately) way over the top, I think we were still all pretty surprised by your response. I mean, it wasn't even directed at me and there was shrinkage. That caught us off guard. Just goes to show how little we really do know about those who slave away at the game for us. It's nice to see this side of you.

CouillardWed 17-Jul-02 04:47 PM
0 posts
#7768, "HAHAHAH"
In response to Reply #11

I didn't know who it was....but THANK YOU!!! .... You managed to completely make my day after about the shittiest session I've had with any character in a very long time. All I was doing was shouting profanities and it turned into a smile that I wore all day....that I have again!!!!!

BRIA ROCKS!

Z

UlthurWed 17-Jul-02 12:47 PM
44 posts
#7766, "RE: I don't have to be afraid ANYMORE! (This is gonna b..."
In response to Reply #3

It's damn hard to stick to a role when it complicates things mechanics-wise. You find yourself saying "Crap, I could get SO much if only I did this..." even though it would never fit your role. Major props for sticking to yours, I always thought you were amusing to travel with. Good luck

"Don't worry cutsy buttons. Tonight, dyin's not on the menu!"

- Strong Bad as Dangeresque

Eryintha (Guest)Wed 17-Jul-02 09:49 PM

#7765, "Didn't even mention me *sniff* well..."
In response to Reply #3

I guess we never had any huge interactions..I still was looking forward to exploring more areas with you..an searchin for all those impossible secrets that are still secrets. Thanks for all the help, the toss me downs, the trades...

Always felt a bit safer when you were about...especially with certain people also in the realms. Good luck to your next characters or current works in progress.

Eryintha, Lady of Crimson

GorachThu 18-Jul-02 04:36 PM
0 posts
#7764, "Hmm."
In response to Reply #3

+Gorach..I thought you were going to be a really really cool character for theddledim to kick it with but you never failed to blow any respect I forced myself to have for you. When you did a get all corpse; wear all; quaff return ; nofol and quit when we killed stargher I just decided not to deal with you anymore at all. That was #####.

First of all, I normally do not 'rectify' my every action; I know what I do and why I do it, and if anyone isn't happy with that .. bad luck. But you're right, it did seem f*cking very low of me indeed.. and I realized that while I was logging of. But there was a good reason for it at that moment ... which is none of your business anyways. As for the 'get all corpse' .. two reasons for that: everyone that leaves me nothing after I am killed is being treated the same .. harsh indeed, but if you have to run around for 3 hours every day to get some equipement that gives you at least a chance to fight, you get tired of that.. Second reason: I am a crusader.. I'll leave it to you what that means ... Anyways, I never never log off after I kill anyone, and neither do I log off after the lich shows up or the odds are bad for me (I do run though )..
I am really sorry if you took that wrongly, again it did look like a very cowardish thing to do, but then again as I said, I have never, and never will, logged off just to get me some nice equipment ..
I liked Theddledim though .. I think we got along well .. at the beginning at that .. You mind telling me what went wrong, or what I did NOT do ( I don't get the failed-to-blow sentence .. is that good or bad ? I'm not english you see ).. Anyways, good luck on your next .. hope your not mad at me.

Deigreck (Guest)Wed 17-Jul-02 02:24 AM

#7779, "DOH!"
In response to Reply #0

Had just gotten into what I'd hoped would be a an interesting interaction. Looked forward to what the future held in store.

CouillardWed 17-Jul-02 02:54 AM
0 posts
#7780, "RE: DOH!"
In response to Reply #2

Theddledim was pretty damn scared of you and thats why I hadn't prompted the interaction earlier... The things you said when we talked were so well thought out.....you opened his eyes to ways of handling his problems that he had never thought of before but I was kinda intimidated by you because I'm not that hot of a roleplayer and I was damn tired so I cut it short....I really had plans on developing our relationship a lot further and you turning him into a scary motherfucker that rolled around screaming "I'M NOT GOING TO BE AFRAID ANYMORE!!!!!!! good job man.

VladamirWed 17-Jul-02 01:14 AM
1179 posts
#7781, "Damn man..."
In response to Reply #0

I'm sorry to see you go, we had some great times together. For someone who generally helped everyone, and I mean EVERYONE who he came across with gear or ranking or spells, you sure got attacked an awful lot. It was a damn shame how you went out, why noone has done anything about the blatant OOCness of certain people is beyond me.

Props and stuff.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #7757 Previous topic | Next topic