Subject: "I'm out" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #77503
Show all folders

Ceyraia (Guest)Sun 01-Mar-09 09:00 PM

#77503, "I'm out"

Sorry for giving you all a bad rep. I'll also apologize for apparently mass inducting the the cabal. Next I'll apologize for forcing you all to gank everyone and perma with me. Followed by that I'll apologize for taking no risks and causing so much hate to this cabal. And having said that, i'll take my leave rather than spare you guys having to endure people spiting out the words ganger IC and otherwise just going blatantly ooc.

Have fun.

CraftedD.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: I'm out, Elzebeth (Guest), 04-Mar-09 02:39 PM, #33
Reply Hmmm...., Duck_Trainer (Guest), 03-Mar-09 07:48 AM, #25
Reply I hate the Fort/Outlander/Empire clock TXT, Someone (Guest), 04-Mar-09 09:30 AM, #28
Reply A cabal leader is not completely ic, Daurwyn2 (Guest), 07-Mar-09 09:05 AM, #35
Reply Farewell, Nidblot (Guest), 03-Mar-09 05:54 AM, #24
Reply Pitty PAAAARRRRTTTTY!!!!, N b M (Guest), 02-Mar-09 07:30 PM, #22
Reply Damn it man!, Ruutob (Guest), 02-Mar-09 05:36 PM, #21
Reply Nice one, Korin (Guest), 02-Mar-09 04:29 PM, #20
Reply You were a great character, one suggestion..., Random (Guest), 02-Mar-09 04:10 PM, #18
Reply I've done this..., Twist, 02-Mar-09 04:26 PM, #19
Reply Warden...., Jolindar (Guest), 02-Mar-09 01:52 PM, #17
Reply RE: I'm out, Enlilth, 02-Mar-09 10:47 AM, #16
Reply Were you Draelienn(sp?) ntnt, CraftedD (Guest), 03-Mar-09 03:13 AM, #23
Reply RE: Were you Draelienn(sp?) ntnt, LazyAssEnlilth (Guest), 03-Mar-09 10:33 AM, #26
Reply That's funny, WraithOfLight, 04-Mar-09 04:56 PM, #34
Reply RE: I'm out, Xanthrailles, 02-Mar-09 09:55 AM, #15
Reply slippery pain in the ..., Lenfelin (Guest), 02-Mar-09 09:23 AM, #14
Reply What's funny is I hate you OOC, but we worked together ..., TMNS (Guest), 02-Mar-09 03:42 AM, #11
Reply Once you mentioned that bard, enough said. nt, Krilcov K (Guest), 04-Mar-09 09:40 AM, #32
Reply Heh, first your char I've had to deal with, Alex (Guest), 02-Mar-09 03:39 AM, #10
Reply Well done., Sirfalas (Guest), 02-Mar-09 12:19 AM, #8
Reply I sorta told you this before, but again..., Twist, 01-Mar-09 11:54 PM, #7
Reply I'd rather have shiiton of Fort than ####tone of outlan..., Alex (Guest), 02-Mar-09 03:32 AM, #9
Reply Especialy when you got ubergank tactics of Outlander., Ekavlu (Guest), 04-Mar-09 09:27 AM, #27
Reply I got ganked by your Fort horde plenty. :), TMNS (Guest), 02-Mar-09 03:44 AM, #12
     Reply No, it is not fun. I throw my hat In. txt, Krilcov K (Guest), 04-Mar-09 09:34 AM, #29
          Reply Overall, play with some class, or you will have a mud w..., Krilcov K (Guest), 04-Mar-09 09:35 AM, #30
               Reply Got it? nt, Krilcov K (Guest), 04-Mar-09 09:36 AM, #31
Reply That sucks..., Zubi (Guest), 01-Mar-09 11:28 PM, #5
Reply I liked you., Jnoxri (Guest), 01-Mar-09 11:21 PM, #4
Reply RE: I'm out, Thomayen (Guest), 01-Mar-09 11:19 PM, #3
Reply I'll take this one, Mreash (Guest), 01-Mar-09 11:46 PM, #6
Reply You know what., Forsakenz (Guest), 01-Mar-09 10:39 PM, #2
Reply Bleh, Mreash (Guest), 01-Mar-09 10:34 PM, #1
     Reply Good character, Lesikinilt (Guest), 02-Mar-09 04:47 AM, #13

Elzebeth (Guest)Wed 04-Mar-09 02:39 PM

#77584, "RE: I'm out"
In response to Reply #0

For the record I never full looted you. You sure seemed to blame me a lot for it. That is the funny thing about playing a thief, when something goes missing it is always your fault.

Duck_Trainer (Guest)Tue 03-Mar-09 07:48 AM

#77548, "Hmmm...."
In response to Reply #0

Maybe we are playing a different game here...

Why is a leader being critised for making their cabal
strong and then actually leading it in...achieving things?
No one cabal in my experience can point the bone as far
as ganging goes. Yeesh, it wasn't long ago I was being constantly
ganged by these very same Imperials...As Amaranthe preaches, its a
bloomen cycle. People are just going to poo-poo certain
other people, generally for ooc grudges...but that is
ooc, and they should step up and counter it IC. Believe it
or not, if an opposing cabal is strong, you can WORK on making
yours stronger instead of flaming the player relentlessly ooc
until they give up.
Let the haters rot. You did what many of the best cabal
leaders have done and I say bravo and well done...and
this from a wretched serial Trib/Fort player.

Someone (Guest)Wed 04-Mar-09 09:30 AM

#77566, "I hate the Fort/Outlander/Empire clock TXT"
In response to Reply #25

this game has come to people logging out as another cabal is about
to finally get their item or raid.

Daurwyn2 (Guest)Sat 07-Mar-09 09:05 AM

#77634, "A cabal leader is not completely ic"
In response to Reply #25

There's an ooc admin element to leading a cabal too. You need to keep things interesting for the game as a whole. As least, that's how I always see it.

Nidblot (Guest)Tue 03-Mar-09 05:54 AM

#77547, "Farewell"
In response to Reply #0

You were really hard to fight in the wilds for me. Insects and beastcall combined with polearm made you a tuff nut to crack.
So fighting numerous outlanders at the Tree was a big challenge with you around. Often to big. Luckily i had some decent defences of the Spire to compensate for it.

Thanks for the interactions, thanks for the fights and thanks for returning armor. From all i saw and experienced you had a fine char going.

Good luck with your next.

Roll up a tribbie?

N b M (Guest)Mon 02-Mar-09 07:30 PM

#77539, " Pitty PAAAARRRRTTTTY!!!!"
In response to Reply #0

Go ahead and bring your green hat!

Ruutob (Guest)Mon 02-Mar-09 05:36 PM

#77535, "Damn it man!"
In response to Reply #0

Now who am I gonna use as a meat shield when slaying dragons lol. But honestly I had alot of fun running around with you. Still had a number of places I wanted to take you and a couple cool quest type things I wanted you to interact with. None the less though liked the char, good luck with your next one man.

Ruu

Korin (Guest)Mon 02-Mar-09 04:29 PM

#77534, "Nice one"
In response to Reply #0

Apologies not accepted, especially since for a like a month there you were the only official leader (mortal or immortal) of the cabal I saw.

Anyway, _you were_ a quality leader. You handled my own small crisis of conscience admirably, and I can only assume you did the same for others. I always felt like a bum after you'd give me a nice sword and I'd lose it by the next time we saw each other but you handled that well too. On top of all that, I was pleasantly surprised and happy to actually teach you a couple of dagger locations.

Again, great job, and see you in the fields.

Random (Guest)Mon 02-Mar-09 04:10 PM

#77532, "You were a great character, one suggestion..."
In response to Reply #0

Hey, this isn't meant as anything horrible, just something I experienced on a regular basis. I would be talking to you, and suddenly you would just drop off the planet and not talk back, for like 2 hours. It is really hard to roleplay with someone who just stops talking for a huge length of time and then doesn't respond to any tell or conversation. Nothing huge, it was like at times short term memory loss would happen and you would walk off .

Beyond that, great character, great work, and all around solidness.

TwistMon 02-Mar-09 04:26 PM
Member since 23rd Sep 2006
3431 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#77533, "I've done this..."
In response to Reply #18

At the risk of sounding like a CraftedD apologist, I've actually logged off as a mortal (and, sadly, sometimes even as Twist) and realized that some guy had asked me a question like an hour and a half ago and I was in the middle of some PK situation or some such, and totally blew off responding. Even in an ongoing conversation.

There have even been times I've pondered logging back on just to tell the guy "Sorry, I'll talk to you later." but that's almost as crappy so I decided not to.

That guy usually gets an easy promotion/induct/recommendation/tattoo/whatever next time I see him though.

Jolindar (Guest)Mon 02-Mar-09 01:52 PM

#77530, "Warden...."
In response to Reply #0

Contrary to what you might think, I'm really sorry to see you go. Ceyrea came along when I was about mid 30's, but your hours and skillz quickly put you ahead of me. While I was first a bit miffed, I realized I could learn a lot from you, even though I'm not really new to warriors or outies.

I thought you were a great influence on the cabal, and having run with you probably more than anyone, you didn't full loot anyone who didn't completely deserve it. Ganking, well, cabal wars are what they are these days. You fought alone as much as you fought with others, which I really think is all we non-berserker ragers can hope for.

Seriously, great job. Don't let the haters get you down. Ignore the ooc #### and have fun here - its something you're good at.

Jolindar.

EnlilthMon 02-Mar-09 10:47 AM
Member since 20th Jan 2008
187 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#77529, "RE: I'm out"
In response to Reply #0

I really liked this char. I honestly thought you were twist till I realized the play times didn't make sense. You taught me quite a bit about stuff with one of my morts so thanks for that. I hope you enjoyed the char. I didn't think you mass-inducted. I think a solid leader char with solid game knowledge and consistent playtimes attracts the "bandwagon". I think that's true regardless of the player behind the leader char or the cabal they're in. Roll a herald leader following the above mold and everyone will be saying you mass inducted herald. In any case best of luck with the next, I can only hope it's as good as this effort.

On a side note

I would like to formally apologize to the outie dudes for the raid thing the other day. I thought I could do some interaction and have a little fun on my lunch break, but then it turned into everything breaking and work going to hell in a handbasket during the interaction. Couple times I had to get out specifically to avoid killing a few of you while I was afk. Once, I looked back at the screen to see I'm being jumped on by like 50 of you, and another imm. I'm at 1hp and someone is attempting to disembowel. I quickly realize if he succeeds all my gear goes poof and I spend the next hour of my life re-making it from logs I'd have to search for on the internet. It was however quite amusing and I got a "good job on not killing anyone" from said other imm, as if I intentionally tried not to kill anyone. The reality is my pk-ability is SO crappy, I can't even kill people with every prep known to man at my disposal and an avg 100 weapon. Woe is Enlilth.

-- Try an Enlilth follower today! Enlilth, now with 40% more chewey caramel in every bite. --

CraftedD (Guest)Tue 03-Mar-09 03:13 AM

#77544, "Were you Draelienn(sp?) ntnt"
In response to Reply #16

ntnt

LazyAssEnlilth (Guest)Tue 03-Mar-09 10:33 AM

#77550, "RE: Were you Draelienn(sp?) ntnt"
In response to Reply #23

nope, I was corrlaan druid.

WraithOfLightWed 04-Mar-09 04:56 PM
Member since 06th Dec 2008
45 posts
#77588, "That's funny"
In response to Reply #16

> I'm at 1hp and someone is attempting to disembowel. I quickly realize if he succeeds all my gear goes poof and I spend the next hour of my life re-making it from logs I'd have to search for on the internet

Imagine that ... Just thought that the idea of this happening was sorta funny. I hope for you it never does

XanthraillesMon 02-Mar-09 09:55 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
391 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#77528, "RE: I'm out"
In response to Reply #0

This was a much better character than a lot of your others.

Lenfelin (Guest)Mon 02-Mar-09 09:23 AM

#77525, "slippery pain in the ..."
In response to Reply #0

You were actually the only outlander that would come and strike the Captain just looking for a fight. I don't think I ever actually managed to kill you. You and I had more one on one fights than any other outlander so I would never say you ganked me except in raid situations. Which, in my opinion, is never a gank. Raiding a cabal is not suppose to be easy, I was actually surprised more did not come when you had more to bring. I would have Never know how many of you buggers are in the trees! Of course, it is a bit easier to see how many of us there are about... GLWYN

TMNS (Guest)Mon 02-Mar-09 03:42 AM

#77522, "What's funny is I hate you OOC, but we worked together ..."
In response to Reply #0

I can try to seperate characters and players. Sometimes it doesn't work.

Dude, just be a man. You're a great player but you rely on crutches all the time and you hardly ever challenge yourself.

I remember you once posted as Seyriannia about how you enjoy group v group battles much more. I can understand that (as I am a giant fan of 1 v 1 and strive to battle as much as those as possible) but you have to understand why certain people disagree with both of us.

At the end, we are all human and all players. I truly believe most of the disagreements we've had are mostly because you take the easy way out most of the time. Maybe I'm crazy, but that's the difference between you/Tongni/etc and a player like Balrahd.

Krilcov K (Guest)Wed 04-Mar-09 09:40 AM

#77571, "Once you mentioned that bard, enough said. nt"
In response to Reply #11

nt

Alex (Guest)Mon 02-Mar-09 03:39 AM

#77521, "Heh, first your char I've had to deal with"
In response to Reply #0

Who haven't left bleh taste in my mouth. Your build was realy interesting I've once planning something like that but got bored with elf. Your gank attempts were entertaining and keeping me attentive. Also I've seen you doing something solo sometimes Hope your next one would be the same if not better.

Sirfalas (Guest)Mon 02-Mar-09 12:19 AM

#77514, "Well done."
In response to Reply #0

Ceyraia was quite impressive and often inspiring. I wish I wasn't playing a ranger because I would have liked to match some of your aggressiveness deep in civilized territory. It is a shame because I happened on some choice warrior eq - and where I normally would have left it, I took it planning to give to you.

TwistSun 01-Mar-09 11:54 PM
Member since 23rd Sep 2006
3431 posts
#77512, "I sorta told you this before, but again..."
In response to Reply #0

I think this is one of your best chars, at least that I've seen/interacted with. It really seemed to break your mold.

And if people were actually complaining about mass numbers and such from Outlanders, they've clearly never experienced the huge fort numbers that I've seen when I was marshall/captain. That was gross, at times.

Good luck with the next.

Alex (Guest)Mon 02-Mar-09 03:32 AM

#77520, "I'd rather have shiiton of Fort than ####tone of outlan..."
In response to Reply #7

waitong to gangbang lonely one stupid enough to come to reraid. Also Forts in general are much worse in PK

Ekavlu (Guest)Wed 04-Mar-09 09:27 AM

#77565, "Especialy when you got ubergank tactics of Outlander."
In response to Reply #9

I walked into a briar patch with four outlanders including ceyeria.
She was saying, time your lagging right this time!

TMNS (Guest)Mon 02-Mar-09 03:44 AM

#77523, "I got ganked by your Fort horde plenty. :)"
In response to Reply #7

At the end of the day though, especially as we are all getting up there in years, is that fun?

Krilcov K (Guest)Wed 04-Mar-09 09:34 AM

#77567, "No, it is not fun. I throw my hat In. txt"
In response to Reply #12

good bye.
Perma lag, for the nice gear win is no fun.

I work ####ing hard, I dont gank almost never.
And what do I get? A well placed gank to take away what I work
really ####ing hard for soloish. every ####ing char
#### this #### guys, its bs.. seriously

Help zauvlahn. the ganked by the masses.
btw my last char just had a sour taste in its mouth from
loosing link earlier in its life alot on accident and loosing con
to dumb ####... 8con i deleted with... I deleted with phylactery free movment and a nice chared weapon in my possession.

so #### this game

Krilcov K (Guest)Wed 04-Mar-09 09:35 AM

#77568, "Overall, play with some class, or you will have a mud w..."
In response to Reply #29

nt

Krilcov K (Guest)Wed 04-Mar-09 09:36 AM

#77569, "Got it? nt"
In response to Reply #30

nt

Zubi (Guest)Sun 01-Mar-09 11:28 PM

#77509, "That sucks..."
In response to Reply #0

Never interacted with you, just fought, briefly a few times. From the logs I've seen you looked cool though, and sure as hell knew your PKing.

A shame, I was hoping to get some interaction with you at some point.

Jnoxri (Guest)Sun 01-Mar-09 11:21 PM

#77508, "I liked you."
In response to Reply #0

The few times we spoke and the handfull of times we fought, I really enjoyed you. You were very slippery and there were many times where I just barely got away from you and your friends with under 100 health. Whenever you were around and the balance was shifted towards chaos I always looked for you first. I wish we could have traded a few more deaths.

Hope you have fun with your next. (Nexus Invoker maybe )
You make this game fun. Thanks.

Thomayen (Guest)Sun 01-Mar-09 11:19 PM

#77507, "RE: I'm out"
In response to Reply #0

I thought you did well. Depsite the fact we were good and evil our roles didn't really set us as enemies. We had many of the same enemies and were more focused on them and defilers/magi to really care about each other.

And, for what its's worth, I think all cabals go through mass inductions. You can't really help it when the majority of people want to play the same cabal. IMO most players are competent enough to get into a cabal and stick to at least the basic rules and a large percentage of the ones that aren't are new to the game and just need some time to learn. You could only induct the best of them. But, why ruin everyones fun by blocking entry?

Mreash (Guest)Sun 01-Mar-09 11:46 PM

#77511, "I'll take this one"
In response to Reply #3

we had a ton of neutrals that wanted in suddenly, and there were a lot of good applicants. Two got turned away. So the high numbers are mine not his. That is why I cut off inductions.

Forsakenz (Guest)Sun 01-Mar-09 10:39 PM

#77505, "You know what."
In response to Reply #0

I enjoyed the fights we had (me being Irhedieh at the time). You didn't mind going at it and you were very capable, even more so later on in your life when I was long gone. I liked the build and you made it look fun and at times very strong.

However. Was it really necessary to repeatedly send me tells in game asking how long I was going to hold on to heartseeker? G/C elf asking E/O ranger that hates Outlander pestering me over a dagger was very meh. I told you I didn't want you to have it. I eventually lost it to Droundu a week later but it's not like I was simply hoarding it from the playerbase. I guess I'm just asking please don't be so powergamey. I think that showed through a bit too much.

Your muter in Trib was super, by the way. Enjoy.

Mreash (Guest)Sun 01-Mar-09 10:34 PM

#77504, "Bleh"
In response to Reply #0

You were awesome to have around. I really liked how you would jump into fights nearly naked sometimes, and still bring out a solo win. Thanks for showing me some of the stuff you showed me, and hanging in there as long as you did.

Lesikinilt (Guest)Mon 02-Mar-09 04:47 AM

#77524, "Good character"
In response to Reply #1

the way you drove groups apart to pick them off slowely was classic, great fightin you. To bad you decided to go. Oh well good times.....

lesi

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #77503 Previous topic | Next topic