Subject: "(DELETED) [EMPIRE] Bergh Longbottom the Taiotoshi, Impe..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #76915
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 11-Feb-09 04:56 PM
Member since 02nd Oct 2024
17205 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#76915, "(DELETED) [EMPIRE] Bergh Longbottom the Taiotoshi, Imperial Shadow"

Wed Feb 11 15:55:33 2009

At 3 o'clock PM, Day of the Sun, 34th of the Month of the Grand Struggle
on the Theran calendar Bergh perished, never to return.

Race:arial
Class:assassin
Level:36
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:EMPIRE, the Empire
Hours:295

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Inquisitor_ (Guest)Wed 11-Feb-09 05:41 PM

#76921, "Thanks."
In response to Reply #0

I had a lot of fun with this character early on. He was a dirty rotten scoundrel, but that seemed to rub at least a few people the right way. I solo ranked (slooowwwwwly...) most of the way, and had this long term plan that I didn't have the patience to really see pan out.

Anyway, he started out pretty tough. It became a challenge to see just how far I could push the distention, early on. And then I tried to maintain it with every rank. Somehow, I always end up sucking at assassins when I hit level 36 or so. I don't have the patience to assassinate, and I take more risks and pay less attention to the tide of battle and start eating deaths.

Fun, though. He hated magic in an ignorant, blinded-by-desire sort of way, and was destined to be a battlerager, but he was too greedy, and always had subconscious designs on the Empire. About the time I found a way for him to realize that, I had started losing interest in the character, and had begun to get sloppy in melee. Getting killed all the time makes for regearing all the time, which is just bor-to-the-oring. Funny thing is I didn't even get looted all that badly, all that often. I have to say, I love the idea of cabals, but I think they tend to get hijacked by and play proxy for a lot of people's OOC vindictiveness. That always makes me sad.

Well.. my real time in the sun with this character was months ago. People probably don't remember Bergh all that much, and my memory is terrible so I'll forgo the goodbyes. I do have every second of his life logged, though, for what its worth.

Thanks, Imms and players, for the endless fun. I often wish I could give it up, but I so love this game.

Take care,
michael

Dastmalchi (Guest)Thu 12-Feb-09 05:21 PM

#76956, "RE: Thanks."
In response to Reply #1

Dastmalchi loved the feud with you. When you finally got me good in the ruins I had to put the reins on one of the berserkers who had you in range by explaining that it was a long rivalry.

I always wondered about your motivations and was waiting to log on and see Applicant attached to your name but it never happened.

Now all is clear.

GLWYN

Bergh (Guest)Fri 13-Feb-09 04:01 AM

#76980, "Likewise"
In response to Reply #2

Our interactions were always fun. Somehow I never managed to catch on to the fact that you were a villager until after that last scuffle we had.

Khalla (Guest)Sat 14-Feb-09 01:13 AM

#77022, "Well done."
In response to Reply #1

We sort of grew up together Bergh. Your brief explanation on your whole Empire/Battle thing makes sense now so thanks. That had me confused .

I was amazed at one point where you were distended so far as to having someone in your PK who was beyond mine, even with myself being a few levels above you as a D-elf assassin. Unless I was hallucinating. Just wow. You must have been on some streak.

Anyways, I had hoped you would have stuck it out, you seemed tres, tres interesting. I loved the dirty greedy aspect you portrayed and I think you conveyed that very well man. Props.

Jern (Guest)Mon 16-Feb-09 02:55 PM

#77123, "RE: Thanks."
In response to Reply #1

Hey,

You were cool as little could be seen of you. That day we gave you the oath was very interesting....I personally wanted to do more to you pre-oathing but wth. CYA round. Eventually Jern (IC) came to trust you. Didnt think you'd last and thought joining up was like a joke for you at first. But you hung in there and was a decent Shadow.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #76915 Previous topic | Next topic