Subject: "(DELETED) [None] Ayrios the Dai Sensei of the Miyama Ry..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #76731
Show all folders

Death_AngelSat 07-Feb-09 03:24 PM
Member since 02nd Oct 2024
17205 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#76731, "(DELETED) [None] Ayrios the Dai Sensei of the Miyama Ryu"

Sat Feb 7 14:20:23 2009

At 10 o'clock AM, Day of Thunder, 17th of the Month of the Shadows
on the Theran calendar Ayrios perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:assassin
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:None, None
Hours:251

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ayrios (Guest)Sun 08-Feb-09 09:07 AM

#76748, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Ayrios the Dai Sensei of the Miyam..."
In response to Reply #0

This character started out with just seeing how many quests I could find and accomplish, an in that I did pretty well, but once I reached hero I pretty much had little to no direction left for him. So I joined the spire, but sitting in cities like seantryn and voralian gets fairly boring too, and outlanders can pretty much shred a tribunal at the spire when they can take one step outside it and be safe. Same goes for the tree, a simple camoflauge surprise attack shreds an assassin, even through martial trance. So I basically got frustrated, and figured being good was more important than following spire rules, which of course led me to leaving the spire as most people I interacted with knew. Sorry to the immortal who uninducted me, I did know full well the proper rules and that what I did was actually wrong, but figured maybe I could get away with it. When I knew I couldn't, I just said basically said forget it and left. Nothing against the spire, but the cabal I think just needs some revamping, but I don't know what could be done to make it better or more functional.

As a whole assassins I found to be a fairly boring class to play, since for purposes of exploring as a hero on their own they are pretty terrible, and in many places there is little they can do. Fight a dragon with an assassin, where all throws and kicks are useless, and you basically caltraps and dust and then just sit there binding wounds and waiting to see if you win. Which is fine, in pk I think they can do alright except against anyone with a fireshield, and assassination, well, I really never tried to use it. I stalked people all the time, but I don't see much fun in sitting on a trail or something stalking and then trying to one hit kill them knowing if i fail i'll have to run or die.

I met lots of people out there, so I won't try to list them all. The spire gave me lots of time to just sit and speak with people, and that was always fun.
Anyway, that's about all, don't think I will roll up another assassin or any hiding class really anytime soon, sitting in the shadows gets repetetive and slow, specially when you can't pk for anything. (me personally, others no doubt can do so quite sucessfully with assassins)

Lenfelin (Guest)Wed 11-Feb-09 12:11 AM

#76883, "I missed you once you left the spire."
In response to Reply #1

We use to have some good talks and wandered about a bit together. I was sorry to see you leave the Spire. Good luck!

Ayrios (Guest)Wed 11-Feb-09 07:52 AM

#76891, "RE: I missed you once you left the spire."
In response to Reply #2

You were by far my favorite of the spire magistrates, specially since most of the others were evil and playing a goodie I had some mistrust of them and their intentions.
Congrats on becoming a provincial by the way, think you deserve it and if Shalsad ever actually dies think you might make a good vindicator for them. You do pretty much hunt criminals now as it is, just without the added powers of the vindicator. Keep up the nice work.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #76731 Previous topic | Next topic