Subject: "(RAGE DELETE) [BATTLE] Grulgor Meatfist the Legend of t..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #76602
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 04-Feb-09 11:00 PM
Member since 01st Jul 2024
16978 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#76602, "(RAGE DELETE) [BATTLE] Grulgor Meatfist the Legend of the Battlefield"

Wed Feb 4 21:57:52 2009

At 6 o'clock AM, Day of the Sun, 6th of the Month of Futility
on the Theran calendar Grulgor perished, never to return.

Race:fire
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:198

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (RAGE DELETE) [BATTLE] Grulgor Meatfist the Legend ..., Grulgor (Guest), 05-Feb-09 11:55 AM, #2
Reply I felt bad about that..., Java, 05-Feb-09 12:14 PM, #3
Reply RE: I felt bad about that..., Grulgor (Guest), 05-Feb-09 12:35 PM, #4
     Reply Yep.., Java, 05-Feb-09 12:56 PM, #5
Reply Was that when we found you on Kiadana?, Gralbin (Guest), 05-Feb-09 01:11 PM, #6
Reply RE: Was that when we found you on Kiadana?, Ghuljun, 06-Feb-09 10:11 AM, #13
Reply I wish I could remember the details of that raid..., Selene (Guest), 05-Feb-09 01:36 PM, #7
Reply I did? Ooh man, if I did I'm real sorry, can't remember..., Iegob (Guest), 05-Feb-09 03:16 PM, #8
Reply RE: I wish I could remember the details of that raid..., Ghuljun, 06-Feb-09 10:13 AM, #14
Reply No one remembers the Boor..., Booorstone (Guest), 06-Feb-09 01:20 AM, #9
Reply RE: No one remembers the Boor..., Ghuljun, 06-Feb-09 10:05 AM, #11
Reply Help! Grulgor Tried to Impale me!, Kassibaz (Guest), 06-Feb-09 01:32 AM, #10
     Reply RE: Help! Grulgor Tried to Impale me!, Ghuljun, 06-Feb-09 10:09 AM, #12
          Reply Yeah, most of the time I was dashing or some combinatio..., Kassibaz (Guest), 06-Feb-09 10:58 AM, #15
Reply What a shame, I really did like you., Iegob (Guest), 05-Feb-09 03:56 AM, #1

Grulgor (Guest)Thu 05-Feb-09 11:55 AM

#76611, "RE: (RAGE DELETE) [BATTLE] Grulgor Meatfist the Legend ..."
In response to Reply #0

Grulgor was quite a bit of fun for the majority of his life, he did prove to me yet again that I cannot seem to kill for ####. I really didn't have much of a role with this character, in fact I think my role pretty much was some lame little story that ended with I was incredibly stupid and lacked any perspective on what motivated me. Figured I could pull that one off without much effort. . . The name meatfist was some drunken afterthought, I never updated my role and didnt really stand out in any way. Considering that and the actual name I was pretty shocked to see I was given it.

The Rites were alot of fun, I did pretty bad but that was alright.

People I knew, I will misspell your name most likely.

To the village in general- Thanks for putting up with me and teaching me how to regear a warrior.

Selene- I very much enjoyed traveling with you for a long period of time, and then we had that push to the vanquisher. I was so angry, I just had to drop link, I didnt understand why you did what you did and it seems like that tainted our friendship. Sorry about that because we had alot of fun before that, and some after, just not as much.

Luggbok- I really didnt know you and while I think you were nice I also think inductions were just way to easy. One of my recomendations I had never even talked about the village other than he knew I wanted in, the other interview went terribly and he told me to go learn about the history of the village, then induction. If I had been asked a single question about anything concerning the history of the village prior to the rites it would have been ugly. I finally prayed to enter the lyceum, because of the rites at rank 51. That being said I was possibly the worst leader of all time in the past, I was the only mortal in the cabal I think for quite some time. Point being I know its not easy and at least for me it wasnt much fun to interview others.

Iegob- Thought you were great, loved logging in and seeing you running around.

Woldrun- Always had fun with you, learned something new very often when we traveled.

Borkhad- Great character, I felt sooo pathetic when you would log in and I would die 4 times. The one law I thought might prove to be a problem for me but you let me play it out so thanks for that.

Grunta- I liked you just because your a little gnome, and that was very nice of you to give me the spear of nimbus that was a fun time.

Kassibaz- Grulgor had much respect you for how we fought, you were tough as hell.

Ikbe- Very tough aswell, you were very smart about your fights. Always well prepared, you would have owned me like you did anyway but it seems like I always would wield the wrong weapons or some other bone headed thing when I fought you. I almost always died to you when we fought but I loved the one battle you crippled me and I was very near dead, I managed to get to the grove and limp to the village with you so close behind me, my stomach was in knots and I actually survived that was fun. Crippling strike is a nice skill.

Zhurn- When you killed myself and a cloud giant traveling with me in like 4 or 5 rounds I was just laughing my ass off, that was a grotesque display of power. Very well done.

Enrai- I finally almost kill you after dieing to you a few times and you come right back with a few others and pound me into dust. That just sucked, it was very effective I just was looking forward to more fighting with you.

Zizzle- I so wanted to play along with you after you killed me, just seemed like a slippery slope. Thanks for helping defend the village at times, even at the big D heheh.

I am sure I am forgetting many people, post and I will respond.

Imms- Thank you for this game its pretty amazing what you all have done.

JavaThu 05-Feb-09 12:14 PM
Member since 07th Apr 2003
1055 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#76612, "I felt bad about that..."
In response to Reply #2

But I think you know I'm not the kind of person that falls back to a gang too much. That was really just bad luck for you.

That whole situation was actually like 3 on 3.. it's just that your group got separated REAL quick. And against that group.. a rager really had zero chance of escape.

I liked fighting you though. And somewhere around hero you definitely passed me in toughness. You pumped out a lot of damage real quick, and there wasn't much I could do about it.

Solid char.

Grulgor (Guest)Thu 05-Feb-09 12:35 PM

#76613, "RE: I felt bad about that..."
In response to Reply #3

No you are right I was with two others, but I think at least one was neutral if not both. They were killing storm giants so you had a reason to attack them, but I just ran for it because I was pretty sure I would be first if nothing else.

You were a quick thinking foe, after our first fight on the dock to chessmasters I was thinking, this guy is going to be a problem.

JavaThu 05-Feb-09 12:56 PM
Member since 07th Apr 2003
1055 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#76614, "Yep.."
In response to Reply #4

We ended up leaving the two neuts go, and they promised to rank in Calandaryl instead. So from a Fortie perspective, it was win-win.

I felt bad for you, because I'm pretty sure you had zero chance to survive there, unless your group managed to get organized and completely tool us. But again, there was pretty much zero chance of that happening.

Sucks to be a villager sometimes. Quaff teleport is vastly overpowered.

I remember our first fight, too. Low- to mid-rank shamans are beasts. Especially when you can't quaff. All fun fights though, good job.

Gralbin (Guest)Thu 05-Feb-09 01:11 PM

#76617, "Was that when we found you on Kiadana?"
In response to Reply #2

We did make very short work of you that time, and your groupmates didn't even bother attacking us after you fell. We let them go as well as you were dead and they said they would move somewhere else. Anyway, I think we had a couple of good fights as well, I know I had some with you as either Gral or gryssil and they were typically pretty close and pretty good.

GhuljunFri 06-Feb-09 10:11 AM
Member since 11th Sep 2003
51 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#76685, "RE: Was that when we found you on Kiadana?"
In response to Reply #6

Yeah we had some pretty good fights with both your chars I think you were always on the winning side of them, but good fights still.

Selene (Guest)Thu 05-Feb-09 01:36 PM

#76618, "I wish I could remember the details of that raid..."
In response to Reply #2

Though I remember that we had most of your gear and before I could even get a message to you, you had already dropped link. I do feel bad about that time, Iegob did that once to me and I really felt like punching him in the #### for it so I know where you are coming from.

Iegob (Guest)Thu 05-Feb-09 03:16 PM

#76624, "I did? Ooh man, if I did I'm real sorry, can't remember..."
In response to Reply #7

n/t

GhuljunFri 06-Feb-09 10:13 AM
51 posts
#76686, "RE: I wish I could remember the details of that raid..."
In response to Reply #7

No need to feel bad, things happen. I would explain the details from my perspective but I dont see any reason to do so. You were/are a great person in battle.

Booorstone (Guest)Fri 06-Feb-09 01:20 AM

#76652, "No one remembers the Boor..."
In response to Reply #2

maybe because my playing time in the last week and a half has been basically zero. Anyway, was fun fighting you villagers and seeing if I can stand up the the monsters. You were one of them.

Good luck!

GhuljunFri 06-Feb-09 10:05 AM
51 posts
#76683, "RE: No one remembers the Boor..."
In response to Reply #9

I have this mental thing about fighting dwarfs, just so many damn hit points. You were always tough and seemed to be well prepared. We just never really spoke much.

Kassibaz (Guest)Fri 06-Feb-09 01:32 AM

#76654, "Help! Grulgor Tried to Impale me!"
In response to Reply #2

Yeah after that fight in Hamsah I felt bad, it was just... a total destruction fight. It seemed like as we fought more and more you were getting meaner and meaner (in a good way). Between impales and boneshatters you were doing some damage. The tough part is fighting a dagger spec because they never really drop their weapon to maledictions, not to mention a good hamstring and well, that pretty much spells disaster for most giants.

I really liked your honor, style and class. Come to the Island next go around.

GhuljunFri 06-Feb-09 10:09 AM
51 posts
#76684, "RE: Help! Grulgor Tried to Impale me!"
In response to Reply #10

Yeah you were hard as hell to impale. I knew I would never get you to drop your daggers, I just needed to slow you down enough to hit you at all. Yeah dagger specs are very nasty, if I didnt get away from you with about 4 to 5 hundred health I was in serious trouble.

Were you dashing in and hamstringing me? I started spamming murder kass after our first few encounters and I think I still got hamstrung every single fight. Well see about me returning and were I end up.

Kassibaz (Guest)Fri 06-Feb-09 10:58 AM

#76690, "Yeah, most of the time I was dashing or some combinatio..."
In response to Reply #12

asfd

Iegob (Guest)Thu 05-Feb-09 03:56 AM

#76609, "What a shame, I really did like you."
In response to Reply #0

Sometimes you came off as if it was your first rager and warrior, at other moments you seemed to know your stuff. So wasn't quite sure what to think of you.

But you were cool! Hope we'll meet again soon.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #76602 Previous topic | Next topic