Subject: "(DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Ellywick Bimbletoes the Mistress o..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #75946
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 15-Jan-09 12:04 AM
Member since 02nd Oct 2024
17204 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#75946, "(DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Ellywick Bimbletoes the Mistress of Shapeshifting, Magistrate of Voralian City"

Wed Jan 14 23:02:33 2009

At 8 o'clock PM, Day of the Bull, 22nd of the Month of the Great Evil
on the Theran calendar Ellywick perished, never to return.

Race:gnome
Class:shapeshifter
Level:44
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:TRIBUNAL, the Blood Tribunal
Hours:132

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Sad to see you go., Lesikinilt (Guest), 15-Jan-09 02:34 PM, #4
Reply Live and learn I guess., Pendragon_Surtr, 15-Jan-09 12:44 AM, #1
     Reply Confused, EXB_ (Guest), 15-Jan-09 08:32 AM, #2
     Reply I agree..., Grunta (Guest), 15-Jan-09 08:55 AM, #3
     Reply RE: Global Flyto, Zulghinlour, 15-Jan-09 04:50 PM, #5
          Reply He may have got my tree, with Osprey as third tier., TheManNamedSam (Guest), 15-Jan-09 09:01 PM, #6
          Reply RE: Global Flyto, Pendragon_Surtr, 15-Jan-09 09:58 PM, #7

Lesikinilt (Guest)Thu 15-Jan-09 02:34 PM

#75979, "Sad to see you go."
In response to Reply #0

I wished you decided to keep around more, ohh well. Good character and such.

Les

Pendragon_SurtrThu 15-Jan-09 12:44 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
193 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#75949, "Live and learn I guess."
In response to Reply #0

Well, I thought that fourth tier air forms had global flyto with some restrictions, can't fly through door, can't fly underwater, can't fly to the underdark, can't fly to other continents or the past. I didn't realize you had to be in the same area in order to flyto. I figured my first character in about 5 years, I don't really know the areas anymore so being able to just flyto a criminal would help. Even though the lag on flyto makes it so they can wave, raspberry, moon, and then walk out of the room. It would at least get me close to them.

When I realized that you had to be in the same area, it wasn't worth continuing, especially since my 4th tier form was actually a lesser form of my 3rd tier. If I knew before about the air forms, I would have gone utility/defense instead.

I did enjoy myself in Tribs though. However, that cabal really needs some immteraction. I know Tlingit is around quite a bit, but would be nice if Marcatis was around more often. Iktul, I hope you get Provost position, even though there are a handful that oppose it. I had fun levelling with you and hope to see you with whatever my next char will be.

Lesinkinilt, Erasmus, Khamas, it was good knowing you. Grunta, I probably should have waited to delete just to see if I got the ram for my final offense form and got my revenge. Borkahd, you were a good enemy and I enjoyed our fights even if they did result in my corpse at your feet. Gryssil and Zhurn were about the only Imperials that I had dealings with. I guess thats about all, apologies to anyone that I missed.

Ellywick AKA Pendragon_Surtr

EXB_ (Guest)Thu 15-Jan-09 08:32 AM

#75957, "Confused"
In response to Reply #1

As Oraimus I had the Lion and Vulture and I can vouch that your final air form's flyto will not give them enough time to wave and then do anything else. They typically will have one command to either move or you will be able to get your murder/peck off.

Your lesser air forms? Not so much.. the inherent lag there sucks. Plus as you know from Dio's even if you have to be flying above the area you are typically seeing into adjacent areas or rather, areas within the main area.

In regards to the Vulture, it didn't really have the utility I would have liked in another air offensive form but it had fantastic dodging and some good damage to boot. Doesn't really seem as if you gave it a chance...

EXB

Grunta (Guest)Thu 15-Jan-09 08:55 AM

#75958, "I agree..."
In response to Reply #2

I gained some respect for the vulture form while fighting it with Grunta. Sure, it can't beat a warrior in straight up combat, but it avoided blows pretty well, and hit pretty decently.

Pair that with manacles, some special guards, and some well-timed shifts into an offensive form, and you've got a powerhouse waiting to happen.

Of course, as a player of a villager, I absolutely HATE that 90% of the shapeshifters out there are Air/Offense, so one less of you will not make me cry in the least.

ZulghinlourThu 15-Jan-09 04:50 PM
9792 posts
#75982, "RE: Global Flyto"
In response to Reply #1

>Well, I thought that fourth tier air forms had global flyto
>with some restrictions, can't fly through door, can't fly
>underwater, can't fly to the underdark, can't fly to other
>continents or the past.

I'm really curious as to how/why you thought this?

>I didn't realize you had to be in the
>same area in order to flyto. I figured my first character in
>about 5 years, I don't really know the areas anymore so being
>able to just flyto a criminal would help. Even though the lag
>on flyto makes it so they can wave, raspberry, moon, and then
>walk out of the room. It would at least get me close to them.

Depends on which form. Most all of the top tier forms will give your victim very little time to do anything before you can murder/peck them.

>When I realized that you had to be in the same area, it wasn't
>worth continuing, especially since my 4th tier form was
>actually a lesser form of my 3rd tier. If I knew before about
>the air forms, I would have gone utility/defense instead.

You mentioned vulture as your top form, I'm curious what your lower form was that you thought was worse.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

TheManNamedSam (Guest)Thu 15-Jan-09 09:01 PM

#75998, "He may have got my tree, with Osprey as third tier."
In response to Reply #5

Honestly Zulg, I think that combo needs to be looked at, because I got Yellowjacket 2nd tier(22?) and Osprey(32?) third tier as an Air Major and no one could touch me. I tanked for half the groups I had and I outdamaged Fire Sword specs in my groups.

And then Vulture seemed good...and they may be now!

Don't take this as criticism Z-man, since you rule.

Pendragon_SurtrThu 15-Jan-09 09:58 PM
193 posts
#75999, "RE: Global Flyto"
In response to Reply #5

>>Well, I thought that fourth tier air forms had global flyto
>>with some restrictions, can't fly through door, can't fly
>>underwater, can't fly to the underdark, can't fly to other
>>continents or the past.
>
>I'm really curious as to how/why you thought this?

Just a combination of things, one being that Arolin seemed to always find my sylvan shifter anytime I left chameleon, one being that I have played a air minor back when you only got a third tier form, so figured flyto would be improved over third tier flyto.

>
>>I didn't realize you had to be in the
>>same area in order to flyto. I figured my first character in
>>about 5 years, I don't really know the areas anymore so
>being
>>able to just flyto a criminal would help. Even though the
>lag
>>on flyto makes it so they can wave, raspberry, moon, and
>then
>>walk out of the room. It would at least get me close to
>them.
>
>Depends on which form. Most all of the top tier forms will
>give your victim very little time to do anything before you
>can murder/peck them.

Well, might just be that I was only 'skilled' in my form, or that they were spamming directions, but I couldn't seem to catch anyone.

>
>>When I realized that you had to be in the same area, it
>wasn't
>>worth continuing, especially since my 4th tier form was
>>actually a lesser form of my 3rd tier. If I knew before
>about
>>the air forms, I would have gone utility/defense instead.
>
>You mentioned vulture as your top form, I'm curious what your
>lower form was that you thought was worse.

I had the Shikra, which for tanking purposes, is better than Vulture IMO. They both have excellent dodging, but the Shikra has greater evasion of skills/spells, where the Vulture only has lesser evasion. The Vulture does more damage, when it doesn't get parried/dodged/shield blocked, etc, but the Shikra will do better because it will tend to dodge those flurries and boneshatters. I would consider using the Vulture if I were to fight a Giant so I could use the acidic bite to bypass the Giant resist.

Anyways, I didn't delete because I was disappointed with the fighting of the vulture, just I wanted to become Vindicator and didn't see myself getting the kills with that form. Perhaps with a conjie so I can use clairvoyance, though I have never had any luck getting a conjie that high.

Anyways I had fun for my first char back and hopefully my second char will last longer.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #75946 Previous topic | Next topic