Subject: "(CON LOSS) [None] Alzinghul Deth'Alzul the Chieftain of..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #75789
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 12-Jan-09 12:16 AM
Member since 02nd Oct 2024
17205 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#75789, "(CON LOSS) [None] Alzinghul Deth'Alzul the Chieftain of the Grinning Skulls, Disciple of Zurcon, Hunted by Battle"

Sun Jan 11 23:12:18 2009

At 8 o'clock PM, Day of the Great Gods, 26th of the Month of the Sun
on the Theran calendar Alzinghul perished, never to return.

Race:orc
Class:berserker
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:551

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Would you like to smoke some pot, BERSERKER!, Celenai (Guest), 14-Jan-09 02:17 AM, #50
Reply That's from Clercks, right? Heh... NT, Justwondering (Guest), 18-Jan-09 10:45 PM, #56
     Reply Yeah, the Russian metal singer, I love that movie /nt, Celenai (Guest), 19-Jan-09 02:41 AM, #57
Reply Good fun old son!, Haidoril (Guest), 12-Jan-09 07:57 PM, #36
Reply A few chars that had some impact I wanted to mention., Alzinghul (Guest), 12-Jan-09 05:34 PM, #32
Reply RE: A few chars that had some impact I wanted to mentio..., DarksPriest (Guest), 12-Jan-09 07:51 PM, #35
Reply Characters that made an impact cont., Alzinghul (Guest), 12-Jan-09 09:21 PM, #40
     Reply RE: Characters that made an impact cont., Thymas (Guest), 13-Jan-09 11:32 PM, #49
     Reply Volubryotr, Bajula, 18-Jan-09 04:01 AM, #55
Reply Just one more voice saying good job, awesome character., Rashar (Guest), 12-Jan-09 04:57 PM, #30
Reply Zounds! I knew I shouldn't have let you out of my sigh..., Zizzle (Guest), 12-Jan-09 07:53 AM, #18
Reply I just picked up your pbf btw., Zizzle (Guest), 12-Jan-09 08:01 AM, #19
     Reply Thanks!, Alzinghul (Guest), 12-Jan-09 02:14 PM, #26
     Reply Re: Daevryn's snarky PBF Comments, Zizzle (Guest), 12-Jan-09 05:54 PM, #33
Reply You and that damn horde, Luggy (Guest), 12-Jan-09 02:25 AM, #11
Reply The Bloody Reign of Alzinghul comes to an End., Alzinghul (Guest), 12-Jan-09 01:06 AM, #3
Reply The best orc I've ever met, Eleia (Guest), 12-Jan-09 01:16 AM, #6
Reply Thanks., Alzinghul (Guest), 12-Jan-09 01:21 AM, #9
Reply Was good to have you around., Ikda (Guest), 12-Jan-09 02:01 AM, #10
Reply Awesome run. Awesome ally., Kjrorh (Guest), 12-Jan-09 02:30 AM, #12
Reply Hah., Alzinghul (Guest), 12-Jan-09 02:34 AM, #13
Reply RE: The Bloody Reign of Alzinghul comes to an End., Synoria (Guest), 12-Jan-09 03:36 AM, #14
Reply Felt good aiding you when I could with Mjraljin., TheManNamedSam (Guest), 12-Jan-09 04:42 AM, #16
Reply Hands down, Ahtieli2 (Guest), 12-Jan-09 05:13 AM, #17
Reply RE: Hands down, Mocker (Guest), 12-Jan-09 09:47 AM, #21
     Reply Go cry somewhere else. n/t, Beront (Guest), 12-Jan-09 10:07 AM, #22
     Reply Dio's is down. nt, Splntrd, 12-Jan-09 03:54 PM, #29
     Reply we all know, nofumar (Guest), 13-Jan-09 09:06 AM, #44
     Reply Yet one more imbicile nt, Eleia (Guest), 13-Jan-09 09:41 AM, #45
     Reply Thank you too ~, Ahtieli2 (Guest), 13-Jan-09 10:52 AM, #47
     Reply I don't agree, Nererial (Guest), 13-Jan-09 02:03 PM, #48
          Reply except, nofumardos (Guest), 14-Jan-09 12:19 PM, #52
               Reply You're a ####ing idiot. Because unless you play said l..., TheManNamedSam (Guest), 14-Jan-09 01:19 PM, #53
     Reply Thanks man, Ahtieli2 (Guest), 13-Jan-09 10:51 AM, #46
Reply You were a dirty awful evil bastard, lurker, 12-Jan-09 08:57 AM, #20
Reply RE: The Bloody Reign of Alzinghul comes to an End., Thomayen (Guest), 12-Jan-09 10:14 AM, #23
Reply You left the rest of us Orcs with some huge ####ing boo..., Urgok (Guest), 12-Jan-09 10:14 AM, #24
Reply Damn nice run you had., Boldinrok (Guest), 12-Jan-09 10:34 AM, #25
Reply Nice character!, Selene Montrose (Guest), 12-Jan-09 02:14 PM, #27
Reply Pretty sure I only hit him for a dismember or something..., Haidoril (Guest), 12-Jan-09 08:59 PM, #38
Reply RE: The Bloody Reign of Alzinghul comes to an End., Tlingit2 (Guest), 12-Jan-09 03:03 PM, #28
Reply No!, Korin (Guest), 12-Jan-09 05:25 PM, #31
Reply Always felt really bad for you., Ryasyn (Guest), 12-Jan-09 07:50 PM, #34
Reply Well played., Kuzrack (Guest), 12-Jan-09 08:23 PM, #37
Reply Only orc I felt guilty killing., Lightmaged (Guest), 12-Jan-09 09:05 PM, #39
Reply I'm glad that was you., Alzinghul (Guest), 12-Jan-09 09:24 PM, #41
Reply Sorry about that one last night., Gryssil (Guest), 12-Jan-09 11:51 PM, #42
Reply One Mean orc, Kassibaz (Guest), 13-Jan-09 01:56 AM, #43
Reply Good Job, Stunna1 (Guest), 14-Jan-09 09:47 AM, #51
Reply RE: The Bloody Reign of Alzinghul comes to an End., Lierieng (Guest), 17-Jan-09 07:44 PM, #54
Reply Goodbye Poem Orc, Etielise (Guest), 12-Jan-09 12:55 AM, #2
Reply Bunna, Alzinghul (Guest), 12-Jan-09 01:14 AM, #5
Reply Kickass dude! Just kickass!, Zefta (Guest), 12-Jan-09 12:37 AM, #1
     Reply On the subject of looting., Alzinghul (Guest), 12-Jan-09 01:11 AM, #4
          Reply Back and Fourth...., Ilvakihj (Guest), 12-Jan-09 01:16 AM, #7
               Reply RE: Back and Fourth...., Alzinghul (Guest), 12-Jan-09 01:19 AM, #8
                    Reply Well played, Nererial (Guest), 12-Jan-09 04:01 AM, #15

Celenai (Guest)Wed 14-Jan-09 02:17 AM

#75892, "Would you like to smoke some pot, BERSERKER!"
In response to Reply #0

If there's one thing I could say about you, it's that I'm sure I didn't see the whole picture. Knowing you with Celenai was strange. I tried poking fun at you at first, trying to get an animosity between us, but it didn't work out that way. Eventually I just felt like I was looking across the room at you nervously, hoping things never got out of hand.

Sorry I never did end up giving you my shields. I really wanted to, but I didn't want Celenai to have an Orc as a friend. You were an all around great character and made things a lot of fun for a lot of people.

Justwondering (Guest)Sun 18-Jan-09 10:45 PM

#76054, "That's from Clercks, right? Heh... NT"
In response to Reply #50

nt

Celenai (Guest)Mon 19-Jan-09 02:41 AM

#76071, "Yeah, the Russian metal singer, I love that movie /nt"
In response to Reply #56

My love for you is like a truck, BERSERKER!

Haidoril (Guest)Mon 12-Jan-09 07:57 PM

#75846, "Good fun old son!"
In response to Reply #0

Always enjoyed waiting for my spine injuries to heal while you nattered with a transmuter! Sorry about getting in on that last fight (not that I did anything) but I decided I'd take any opportunity to jump you considering I had no idea when I was going to get a chance to take you alone.

Great fun!

Alzinghul (Guest)Mon 12-Jan-09 05:34 PM

#75828, "A few chars that had some impact I wanted to mention."
In response to Reply #0

Vizjun: You made this character have a purpose and were an amazing ally to help me explore and grow with. Thanks for taking me under your dragonlike wing, it helped me decide what my purpose was even though I didn't follow through and find a new god for the horde.

Iltanthal/Ilvakihj: Elf stsf dagger maran = Quickly dead Orc. I had to fight you two constantly being the polar opposite of me and an Elf, but to almost no avail. One captain deletes and an exact same build replaces him I just laughed. Our fights as you were ranking up were uneven towards me once you both captained and hero'ed I'd have no chance unless I ganked you. Ilvakihj no hard feelings on the looting we both knew it was coming so it wasn't a surprise right? Well played Maran both of you.

Lezra/Valkathi: Alligators going through hell was an awesome highlight for Alzinghul, thanks to you both for making that happen even though we all ended up dying. For awhile there Valk we were the last of the old school darkfiends, and we made for a killer combo.

Eleia: Again, extremely talented bard. We made for hell of a beat down squad.

Ikbe/Graelok/: I lump you two together because I think I only joined up when it was both of you and we made for fortress beating, you two play a little too safe for my liking but that's why I'm condead and you aren't I guess.

Ahtieli: I got another 75 hours out of those souls you gave me and I appreciate that beyond belief I did not want this ride to end. I'll be waiting for that cave near the empire for the Orc Legion to take up residence, I told everyone I was the steward in your absense because I pretty much told most of the imperials when to raid and they did heh.

Satebos: You are still a strange character that I'm not positive what purpose you serve besides your own of course, we had a strange agreement though which I tried to fulfill.

Gahtho: Man you had balls, I can't believe how many times you came to get the head in a suicide mission. It was great having a real foe that I knew had some honor, the current villagers need more Gahtho.

Charunycain: Same as Gahtho, class act.

Fakefi: Hell if I know how I whompped on you for about 6pks then all of a sudden you pummel me and killed me in two rounds, I just sat there looking at the screen for awhile on that one.

Kjrorh: I replied but you're a hell of an assassin, keep up the good work. Get the new wave of villagers for me since I'm not there to paint the village red anymore.

Zizzle: I already replied but having such stellar roleplay while my adreneline is pumping because we're constantly looking for a fight was a blast, I always tried to over-roleplay when I was with you so that I could match you. It is characters like Zizzle that make this game so dynamic and fun, bringing out better roleplay from everyone they interact with.

More to come later... there are a lot.

DarksPriest (Guest)Mon 12-Jan-09 07:51 PM

#75845, "RE: A few chars that had some impact I wanted to mentio..."
In response to Reply #32

I really enjoyed the orc. That little back and forth thing we had going with the mantle was always funny.

I loved our fights but they usually seemed one sided. Either you whoped me or I whoped you. Our first fights always went your way, the later ones mine.

As Gahtho I tried to end the orc/village war and I had hoped that once Commander I would have been able to. Rites came, con was pretty low, and I wasn't selected. The new commander wanted to carry on the war despite knowing you would drop it if we had some talks. Gahtho thought it was stupid for several reasons. Bleh.

And thanks for the Village comment. I have played village before but never fell in love with them till Gahtho.

Anyway, I hope you keep on CFing and truly wish you luck with your next. Maybe we will cross again in some form.

Alzinghul (Guest)Mon 12-Jan-09 09:21 PM

#75850, "Characters that made an impact cont."
In response to Reply #32

Daevryn/Drok: I'm just curious as to why when I started worshiping Drok I never got any responce for about a month of me trying to get in touch with you. My role was pretty much find a new god for the horde since Thrakburzug was mia and I just got ignored. I made great player ties and that was what kept this character going rather than immteraction. To all the players who complain about not getting immteraction, Alzinghul had one in his entire tenure and it was a bit of an imm taking over Tremblefist. Build your character to play off other players and you'll never go wrong.

Thymas: You tough bastard, for the first half of my chieftainship we played off eachother so nicely. I for one love Orc roleplay, someone calls you a coward and weak you just agree and they can't really say anything more, it's really actually quite fun. The two of us together were a force to be reckoned with, and looking at my pbf (Thanks Zizzle) we slaughtered quite a few people. You made shig-ru viable in my eyes and that's a huge accomplishment man. Good times.

Volubryotr: The dwarf that kept coming. I could have sworn you had a death wish, but you sure as hell were relentless. I love fighting paladins with Orcs because they are so one sided one way or another, and if I can get a lucky spinebreak and sanc falls it turns out to be a hell of a fight, if not I die haha. Great times early on in Alz's life.

Aunkdunell: Everyone said you were a griefer char, but you left most of my things and stayed pretty consistently in rp when we fought our few times, just thought I'd mention you because I took lasher edge specifically to deal with you.

Isendor: We had our banter but you were mostly the higher than thou type elf, and you imm'ed so we couldn't continue our fights. They were fun while they lasted though.

Cyrn/Hardbiggle: Gnome shapeshifters are bleh to an Orc. If I did kill either of you it was with massive ganging or sheer dumb luck, haste vs non-hasted orc is so op'ed.

Gravan/Cael/Lierieng: Druids! You guys always made things interesting and were willing to mix it up all the time which makes this so much more fun than just sitting around. Well played, well played.

Ardfil: You multi-killed the #### out of me, and I place you in my dagger specs own Orcs catagory. For Orcs reading this I never got to try my start with a swat/fallback/bash tactic on a dagger spec because I usually went straight for spinebreak, try it.

Cassoughans: There were some massive back and forths between you and me, and you improved in your tactics significantly towards the end. You'll get the hang of it.

Befela: I laughed when I found out you took greeting/crashing because in my mind that was the perfect anti-orc build. I couldn't bash you and I had to have a no-rem weapon on hand or I was dead. It was fun fighting you.

Synoria: I thoroughly enjoyed our banter as well. Sometimes the game needs some back an forth talk instead of just fighting all the time, and I'm glad you could give that to me.

Thymas (Guest)Tue 13-Jan-09 11:32 PM

#75891, "RE: Characters that made an impact cont."
In response to Reply #40

Big Alz - Damn man, you were hands down one of the coolests characters I have come across during my time here at CF. The only reason I played Thymas as long as I did was because of all the fun I had running around with you. I didn't even attempt for the chief spot because I felt you were really doing a good job and as long as I was part of chaos that we brought about, it was all good. Sorry to delete on you, I'm sure we could have done some serious damage. Gluck on your next. Hope to run along with you again.

Thymas

BajulaSun 18-Jan-09 04:01 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
929 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#76036, "Volubryotr"
In response to Reply #40

Oh, some good times there.
Sorry I didn't roll up an orc before you died and all that.
I didn't expect you to live THIS long, and well I didn't
expect my break to be as long as it will be. *rofl*

Have a blast with your next.
-Volu

P.S. My characters don't really have death wishes, I just have a bad habit of doing too many "never surrender" rp guys. Hehehe. Since it's a game, death doesn't bother me much. I should do more folk who AREN'T
like that, but no one ever remembers those guys. Hahaha.

Rashar (Guest)Mon 12-Jan-09 04:57 PM

#75823, "Just one more voice saying good job, awesome character."
In response to Reply #0

Hung out with you a few times, you were cool as ####. First orc I've ever met so I didn't really have anything to compare, but I knew that you were up for some good #### any time.

Zizzle (Guest)Mon 12-Jan-09 07:53 AM

#75810, "Zounds! I knew I shouldn't have let you out of my sigh..."
In response to Reply #0

Damnation, friend! As your favorite fissile physiogamist and personal Doctor, I knew I shouldn't have let you out of my sight in such a weakened condition! I can only conclude that "other" hack transmuter had something to do with this!

All kidding aside, Alzinghul is probably in the top three characters for fun factor I've ran with in the last decade of playing CF. As an uncaballed, having at least one ally who knows you, who's always up for kicking ass, and who's bloody good at it, is a real treat. And as a careful transmuter, communication is difficult enough, so it was nice to have someone to chat with.

In any case, friend, it was my pleasure. Sorry for the no-recall that one time (I learned my lesson). Have fun and I hope to meet you again.

Best regards,
/s/ Doctor Zizzle Ziff, Clan Physiogamist

ps I guess I'll have to get to putting pen to paper for "The Rhyme of Alzinghul" after all.

Zizzle (Guest)Mon 12-Jan-09 08:01 AM

#75811, "I just picked up your pbf btw."
In response to Reply #18

Thanks again for all the bloody field research on the Orc Loop.

Alzinghul (Guest)Mon 12-Jan-09 02:14 PM

#75819, "Thanks!"
In response to Reply #19

My enemies started asking me if I had any of my "shadow's" with me before they would even try to engage me. Your roleplay is purely amazing and I loved to play off of it, from the very begining after we raided darsylon for your courage back I was hooked on gathering you some new patients (hasted orc is disgusting). I'm extremely glad that two uncaballed characters can come together in mutually beneficial terms and make a name for themselves in a game mainly revolving around cabalwars.. and it helped that we could down their items and protect them. You're awesome and I'm sure you'll meet up with an incarnation of mine soon, be it friend or foe.

Zizzle (Guest)Mon 12-Jan-09 05:54 PM

#75837, "Re: Daevryn's snarky PBF Comments"
In response to Reply #19

>Thu Dec 4 09:25:24 2008 by 'Daevryn' at level 51 (441 hrs):
I like that this guy RPs super orcy and opportunistic, but I will say that this is about the only hero that when I see a level 15 guy looting him, I think, 'level 15 guy is probably just trying to get his newbie breads back f

>Thu Dec 4 09:25:50 2008 by 'Daevryn' at level 51 (441 hrs):
that Alzinghul looted from him earlier'

Sometimes I wonder if the Imms are watching the same game I'm playing.

I watched Alzinghul wrestle with his conscious many occasions, attempting to make himself to full loot and enemy that had full looted him. In the end each time, he couldn't force himself to do it. If Alzinghul looted some lowbie, I'd stake my reputation that lowbie did something to deserve it, and probably got back everything Alz couldn't use.

I get that you can post whatever you want and can't be expected to watch a character 24/7, but this was a basic aspect of the player/character that was easily observeable to even the casual groupmate, and I would imagine, snooping imm.

In any case, I'll leave it here for the record that the above Imm comments, in my opinion, are very unfair.

Luggy (Guest)Mon 12-Jan-09 02:25 AM

#75801, "You and that damn horde"
In response to Reply #0

I use to just laugh at you when you would try and challenge me to a one on one then you would have like 20 mobs with you. And still you tried to call it a one on one. That aside you where most likly the meanest orc I have encountered in my 10 years of CF. And that stupid hack and whomp #### means death to any warrior you hit with it. Hack arm = broken wrist no dual wield, whomp leg = you move like you have one damn leg I am talking you move one room like you just ran six rooms, impossible to get away. I think you really hated me ever since the day I killed you on eastern road before I heroed. Then Yean said you where hunted and to show you no mecry at all so every time we seen you it was on(no hard feelings I hope). That being said well done on the only orc I have ever been worried about fighting

Luggy Kuntug the Balanced Champion of Death, Drillmaster of Battle

PS Look forward to your next

Alzinghul (Guest)Mon 12-Jan-09 01:06 AM

#75792, "The Bloody Reign of Alzinghul comes to an End."
In response to Reply #0

What a ride! I’m going to say this was my favorite character I’ve had in the 10 or so years I’ve played this game on and off. Orcs are amazingly versatile but in my over 500 hours of playing I’ve come to the conclusion that there are just some things you can’t deal with as an Orc. Here’s the most difficult things to deal with, bard fiend is almost always death, transmuter neuro will own you every time even when you gear for it, elf stsf dagger spec hit you too often and concealed rocks you, and shapeshifters outtank and outdamage you. To the new Orcs fighting for the Chieftain spot when fighting those I just mentioned spinebreak spinebreak spinebreak. There was so much I learned with this character that I know I’m going to be better and stronger when I come back with my next. Goodbyes to follow, I interacted with a TON of people so please let me know what you thought good or bad it helps me get a feel for what works and doesn’t.

To the Imms, thank you for creating and constantly updating a game that has kept me playing for over a decade.

Brian

Alzinghul, Gnashgaar, Dezmonthal, Angaarn, Nazzryn.. and others

Eleia (Guest)Mon 12-Jan-09 01:16 AM

#75795, "The best orc I've ever met"
In response to Reply #3

Man you rocked. You realy made orc not looking weak at hero. Best ally for Eleia after Ahtieli. Realy enjoyed our beating on Fort and Village.

Alzinghul (Guest)Mon 12-Jan-09 01:21 AM

#75798, "Thanks."
In response to Reply #6

When I was Gnashgaar I had two amazing allies, Restinan the bard and Ciurthura the Transmuter. With Alzinghul I had you the bard and Zizzle the transmuter. You are an incredibly competent bard player and it was always a huge blast taking down the fortress and village with you. Good times and see you in the fields.

Ikda (Guest)Mon 12-Jan-09 02:01 AM

#75800, "Was good to have you around."
In response to Reply #3

When I got stucked at lvl 48 life was really hard for Ikda, but having you around always made things abit more fun!

Good luck with your next.

Kjrorh (Guest)Mon 12-Jan-09 02:30 AM

#75802, "Awesome run. Awesome ally."
In response to Reply #3

Thanks for the fun and come back.

Alzinghul (Guest)Mon 12-Jan-09 02:34 AM

#75803, "Hah."
In response to Reply #12

Kjrorh you are the only assassin to assassinate Alzinghul, twice none the less. After that I was begining to get tired of it and knew that to fight you would take so much work, and you were skilled enough to make everyone we fought pay dearly. Having a shadow always around to run in at the right time was hilarious, even though we rarely even grouped you sort of stalked around the shadows jumped in and turned the tide on all my battles, it was great. You play a very skilled assassin my friend. Great times fighting and then killing with you.

Synoria (Guest)Mon 12-Jan-09 03:36 AM

#75804, "RE: The Bloody Reign of Alzinghul comes to an End."
In response to Reply #3

Fine showing uglyness!

Is it just me...or for a while did we constantly log together
without fail?
We had some nice fights, though very rarely close
for some reason. One of us was always dominant...but who
would be any time seemed to be a coin toss...Though I think
I had you worked out by the end (after ten bajillion deaths)
and decided not to hunt you if I could avoid it, since what
is the fun in just killing the same person every day? Can't
say I find a good pk rating more important then people having
fun...Though yeesh...when you had another (coughthomascough) I
pretty much knew I was toast.
That aside, I think I liked our chats most of all. I really
like opponents that aren't one diminsionally evil just to
be gits =)You used to make me laugh a lot.

Good stuff =)

TheManNamedSam (Guest)Mon 12-Jan-09 04:42 AM

#75806, "Felt good aiding you when I could with Mjraljin."
In response to Reply #3

Plus, I felt guilt trying to do you dirty in the Past when you were naked with my current bleh character.

You were a blast. Keep playing these orcs man!

Ahtieli2 (Guest)Mon 12-Jan-09 05:13 AM

#75807, "Hands down"
In response to Reply #3

best orc I've ever seen. I don't have time to write proper feedback on your char right now, so I will do it when it's possible.

but you were ####ING AWESOME!

You are the only char I would like to sacrifice all my phylactery set to make you live longer.

Mocker (Guest)Mon 12-Jan-09 09:47 AM

#75814, "RE: Hands down"
In response to Reply #17

>You are the only char I would like to sacrifice all my
>phylactery set to make you live longer.

That's not saying much given your constant whining about not having as many phylacteries as Satebos because he has it sooo easy and you have it soo hard!

Mocker

Beront (Guest)Mon 12-Jan-09 10:07 AM

#75815, "Go cry somewhere else. n/t"
In response to Reply #21

n/t

SplntrdMon 12-Jan-09 03:54 PM
Member since 08th Feb 2004
1096 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#75822, "Dio's is down. nt"
In response to Reply #22

a

Splntrd

nofumar (Guest)Tue 13-Jan-09 09:06 AM

#75866, "we all know"
In response to Reply #21

that ahtieli couldn't make it 2 weeks if he got booted from empire. No gank squad on call and no centurions means he has nothing.

Eleia (Guest)Tue 13-Jan-09 09:41 AM

#75867, "Yet one more imbicile nt"
In response to Reply #44

nt

Ahtieli2 (Guest)Tue 13-Jan-09 10:52 AM

#75871, "Thank you too ~"
In response to Reply #44

~

Nererial (Guest)Tue 13-Jan-09 02:03 PM

#75875, "I don't agree"
In response to Reply #44

I think Ahtieli would do fine outside of Empire. Possibly better than in Empire, at this stage in his lich evolution. He wouldn't be as deadly, but equally he wouldn't be at risk of the massive gangs that contain 3 mace specs.

I did take this into consideration when conducting my in-game political activities.

Imperial powers are nice, but they don't make or break a lich.

I would say that the greater threat is that, if thrown out of Empire, he might suffer a loss of direction. Given the beliefs of an Enlilth follower (which Ahtieli is), it may not be easy to incorporate the lack of "Empire", or other similar political structure, into your religious beliefs and role.

nofumardos (Guest)Wed 14-Jan-09 12:19 PM

#75895, "except"
In response to Reply #48

1.) he would no longer have detect hidden and camo which can make a lich way more vulnerable.
2.) He can't chase people down to kill them so killing would be restricted to the weald, galadon, arkham, and balator.
3.) He no longer has the ability to easily make kill opportunities simply by holding cabal items behind centurion traps.
4.) He would be anathema and therefore just about all his former gank mates would have to be trying to kill him.

It was always a running joke that to get rid of Ahtieli all you had to do was kill off his army because apparently in his world liches can't do anything without an army so why bother? The sad thing is this statement is absolutely true about the just quiting once he lost an army.

I am not saying Ahtieli isn't a skilled player because clearly he is. I just think that having an anathema lich would be so far outside his comfort zone he would not be able to do much with it.

Now alzinghoul, he took all the fights he could have even a chance of winning. Sure a lich can't eat 130 deaths but its just more fun to fight people who are willing to mix it up more in the gray areas. I mean satebos solo raids without zombies against 4+ defenders just fine and doesn't complain about how hard it is to be lich.

And your right imperial powers don't make or break a lich, but they sure make or break this lich.

TheManNamedSam (Guest)Wed 14-Jan-09 01:19 PM

#75896, "You're a ####ing idiot. Because unless you play said l..."
In response to Reply #52

####ing moron.

Ahtieli2 (Guest)Tue 13-Jan-09 10:51 AM

#75870, "Thanks man"
In response to Reply #21

people like you really make me want to keep playing Ahtieli

lurkerMon 12-Jan-09 08:57 AM
Member since 13th Mar 2006
249 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#75813, "You were a dirty awful evil bastard"
In response to Reply #3

In other words - a great orc

Thomayen (Guest)Mon 12-Jan-09 10:14 AM

#75816, "RE: The Bloody Reign of Alzinghul comes to an End."
In response to Reply #3

Great job. Its too bad that we only got to compete and interact toward the end of your life. I did really want a shot at you when we had the head and you weren't surrounded by a bunch of others! I personally do not care for taunting in game, and I hope that you know that my banter with you was more from an rp (arrogant drow with delusions of granduer) perspective rather than just to taunt.

Urgok (Guest)Mon 12-Jan-09 10:14 AM

#75817, "You left the rest of us Orcs with some huge ####ing boo..."
In response to Reply #3

Even if I take Chieftain, there's no way I'm going to do nearly as well with it as you did. Alzinghul was purely awesome. Favorite orc chief ever.

Good luck with your next.

Boldinrok (Guest)Mon 12-Jan-09 10:34 AM

#75818, "Damn nice run you had."
In response to Reply #3

We did not travel together as much as I would of liked to.
Good luck with your next. Again Awesome Orc.

Selene Montrose (Guest)Mon 12-Jan-09 02:14 PM

#75820, "Nice character!"
In response to Reply #3

I have to say when you called me out I was very nervous(hands sweating and all), especially when I scanned and saw about fifteen little grunts at your side. I had never faught a orc with the horde before and didn't know what to expect. Sorry that paladin jumped in but I couldn't do anything about it, except fight him after you fell(which didn't turn out so well). I think I got really lucky that fight because you missed the hack like four times. It probably would have changed things had it landed right from the start. Anyways, a really good character and I wish you the best with your next!

Haidoril (Guest)Mon 12-Jan-09 08:59 PM

#75848, "Pretty sure I only hit him for a dismember or something..."
In response to Reply #27

nt

Tlingit2 (Guest)Mon 12-Jan-09 03:03 PM

#75821, "RE: The Bloody Reign of Alzinghul comes to an End."
In response to Reply #3

GNOME!

Korin (Guest)Mon 12-Jan-09 05:25 PM

#75826, "No!"
In response to Reply #3

If I told you how many times I have been standing in the room with you, with you in range of an ambush insta-kill and effed up somehow, allowing you to go on your merry, you wouldn't believe me. I guess I did get you once, but considering the circumstances I wish I had a few more shots.

Had fun the few times we did get to dance though, mostly because you made a great name for yourself and I was feeling the reflected glory

For various reasons I never spoke to you, but if I was playing almost anything else I think I would have enjoyed a chat. See you in the fields.

Ryasyn (Guest)Mon 12-Jan-09 07:50 PM

#75844, "Always felt really bad for you."
In response to Reply #3

Whenever we talked at the Inn, you would always mention how few allies you had and how easily you got killed by elf bards and the like.

Didn't help that you thought I was neutral for a bit and asked me to help you rank up to hero. It got to the point where I had I think it was a pill box and said, "Well, I'm just going to drop this. And whoever happens to pick it up, well, I can't help that." Probably not good goodie behavior, but I felt like doing SOMETHING.

Anywho, was fun talking with you and being utterly terrified at the same time. Thanks for not eating me!

Kuzrack (Guest)Mon 12-Jan-09 08:23 PM

#75847, "Well played."
In response to Reply #3

I will sorely miss having you around. Just as you named Zizzle as one of the versatile character types that allows this game to endure, so was your orc. You should be proud of what you accomplished. Best of luck with your next character.

Kuzrack

Lightmaged (Guest)Mon 12-Jan-09 09:05 PM

#75849, "Only orc I felt guilty killing."
In response to Reply #3

I liked your char and thought you were well roleplayed. Liked what I saw from messing around with various incantations. Last shifter in fortress, hummingbird acolyte, came across you a bit hurt. Teleporting a bit. COuldnt let an orc go off without finishing you.

Nice char.

Alzinghul (Guest)Mon 12-Jan-09 09:24 PM

#75851, "I'm glad that was you."
In response to Reply #39

Since you're known as the serial shifter player I'll accept that one. After I ran to Arkham bleeding to death from dagger specs healing just enough to live it out I see something fly up to me and #### a brick. Airforms are the bane of an Orcs existense, and for some reason if they are gnome shifters I hate them even more... no worries you did leave me with everything which happened so rarely I couldn't really complain.

Gryssil (Guest)Mon 12-Jan-09 11:51 PM

#75860, "Sorry about that one last night."
In response to Reply #3

I know it wasn't the last, but it was close enough I'd say. I didn't want you to fall, but man that transmuter and I have had a history. It was too good of an opportunity to pass up. I'm bummed that you are gone because I liked the char from both sides. More on that to come later when I'm gone.

Kassibaz (Guest)Tue 13-Jan-09 01:56 AM

#75863, "One Mean orc"
In response to Reply #3

Ill just echo what everyone else said you were a perfect orc. I think our first fight was on the North Road and that was the first time I ate hack and my eyes went wide. After that it pretty much consisted of me fleeing if you landed the hack.

That one fight on despair with the other orc got my adrenaline pumping. I thought I could take you both but it would be risky. I think you tow missed 4 hacks total and well... that was that.

Feel free to make a suicidal Nexan if you want. Ill be alongside you.

Stunna1 (Guest)Wed 14-Jan-09 09:47 AM

#75894, "Good Job"
In response to Reply #3

Hey man, I didn't really play much during your reign of terror, but I just wanted to say "good job" for playing a well RP'd orc for so long. I think you are the first, and to be the first CFer to do something kicks ass.

So props to you!

Lierieng (Guest)Sat 17-Jan-09 07:44 PM

#76023, "RE: The Bloody Reign of Alzinghul comes to an End."
In response to Reply #3

You were an awesome orc and made the game a lot of fun for me. Sorry I wasn't around at the end of your run, I've been logging in what little bit I can. I really enjoyed the running dialogue we had and you were always up for a fight and always put up a good fight. You were a good sport whether you won or lost. Glad you enjoyed your time, certainly one of the most memorable orcs played. Well done.

Etielise (Guest)Mon 12-Jan-09 12:55 AM

#75791, "Goodbye Poem Orc"
In response to Reply #0

I really appreciate your treatment of the Heralds. I got a real kick out of the limerick stuff, and I always enjoyed your presence and getting called bunna. Not often I can play an Elf encountering an Orc and leave the interaction laughing rather than fuming. Ha! Good luck with your next.

Alzinghul (Guest)Mon 12-Jan-09 01:14 AM

#75794, "Bunna"
In response to Reply #2

Not having a cabal or guild to run to, ranking up an Orc is a terribly difficult feat. The inn was my sanctuary and I treated it with the respect it deserved. To get around not having to kill you constantly I decided you were really a bunny who could take the form as an elf sometimes, I mean I am a dumb Orc it makes sense. The inn is a great place to take a breather from constantly fighting and running. Good times, I enjoyed our interactions along with Ryasyn.

Zefta (Guest)Mon 12-Jan-09 12:37 AM

#75790, "Kickass dude! Just kickass!"
In response to Reply #0

I really enjoyed hanging out with you! Even though Zefta really despised you for looting corpses, escpcially that full look on Ilvakihj, but I guess you had your reasons.

My current char liked you as well, despite the fact that you looted him... ^^ But you did do something quite nice to that char too, won't say more than that until that one is gone.

All in all, kickass char! Really liked you, and people feared you. (Well not you really, but you + Zizzle.)

See you again!

Alzinghul (Guest)Mon 12-Jan-09 01:11 AM

#75793, "On the subject of looting."
In response to Reply #1

I only full looted one character in my entire career, and it was Ilvakihj. I ended up returning all his things to him in the copham inn because honestly I couldn't bring myself to make him spend the boring ass time requesting all that stuff again, I'd been full looted about 10-12 times and regearing takes about 30 minutes as an Orc but it is an awfully boring thing to do and who wants to just grief other players anyways. It was great running around with Empire, without them my allies would have been few and far between Zefta was a class act.

Ilvakihj (Guest)Mon 12-Jan-09 01:16 AM

#75796, "Back and Fourth...."
In response to Reply #4

It was alot of back and fourth heavy looting between me and you... always for the same pieces of gear, it was funny really... anyway, I liked your character alot more towards the end of Ilvakihj's life.

Alzinghul (Guest)Mon 12-Jan-09 01:19 AM

#75797, "RE: Back and Fourth...."
In response to Reply #7

Those stoles are so damn hard to get I fumed everytime I lost them, it got to the point where I knew they'd be gone. No hard feelings we had some epic fights and you asking me when I was going to round up the empire to raid I always thought was hilarious.

Nererial (Guest)Mon 12-Jan-09 04:01 AM

#75805, "Well played"
In response to Reply #8

You did a good job of making orcs look viable again, although I think against many classes you needed hack to fight solo and face to face.

If you wondered why I stopped travelling with you, it was nothing against anything you did. It was that Empire were no longer completely overrun, so I felt should fight their own battles. I also felt that to accept the aid of chaotic people was spiritually weakening. Not that it matters since I got anathemaed!

That time we got the echoes about ganging still feels unfair to me. 4 vs 4 at the fortress? That was nothing, to be frank, to what goes on on every side.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #75789 Previous topic | Next topic