Subject: "(CON LOSS) [None] Zannon Wendrex the Legend of the Batt..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #75532
Show all folders

Death_AngelSat 03-Jan-09 12:00 PM
Member since 02nd Oct 2024
17204 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#75532, "(CON LOSS) [None] Zannon Wendrex the Legend of the Battlefield"

Sat Jan 3 10:56:18 2009

At 10 o'clock PM, Day of the Sun, 27th of the Month of the Battle
on the Theran calendar Zannon perished, never to return.

Race:storm
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:None, None
Hours:368

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Zannon (Guest)Sat 03-Jan-09 02:11 PM

#75540, "Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #0

So first let me say, Thanks to the Immortals that keep this game running and thanks to the immortals and all who play the game that make the game fun.

If I get the premium, you can see I don't know how to come up with a good role, and that leaves a character without much direction, but it's a big realm to explore and so pretty much I just did that. I think I may also have been the most PK'd giant of all time and I think may have won one fight ever. Scared lots of people off, but actually killed I can't think of any. Turns out everyone thinks storm warriors are in the Fortress. I wasn't, sorry to all the young lightwalkers that kept asking me about helping them get inducted in.

Anyway, I'll tell some more after I send out some goodbyes, but in essence Zannon tried to brefriend everyone, help anyone who asked, and yes, spent his free time looking for every dragon he could to kill. Zannon knew lots of people because of how I played him in his later years, and if I miss someone forgive me and drop a line. In no specific order I'd like to say goodbye to:
=======================================
First:
Miss Ferlynn- She always came first, no matter what. Zannon saw here as a kind of ward under his protection, though later on she really didn't need it at all. Still remember a little elven conjurer I first saw in the underdark, looking for some quest things and espousing the virtues of Twist. Who knew I would later become a little quasi-follower of Twist because of you. I went around getting magical things for the veil all the time cause of you, and when I saw you I pretty much was your third conjuration, a storm giant to sit there and help you destroy whatever you wished. My goal was to never allow you to fall if I was around, and I hope I helped you somewhat in that department. Was always looking forward to what area you would take me to next, sorry I didn't get to go through Yzekon with you. Giants be too damn big for that place it seems and no reduce potions meant my death was gonna happen no matter what.

IMMS:
I really just pestered you guys with questions and got some pointers about things from you, usually anonymously, so thanks for that. I think Twist is my favorite, just because it seems that at just one point randomly, he pops in, and gives me a comment. I was in the Mausoleum fighting some demon thing, and I do a flurry that does 8 hits for some nice damage, and all I hear is "Ouch." Said in the manner that Twist speaks. Made me smile, that even for a moment, I held the attention of an immortal and got him to speak.

VILLAGE:
There are just way too many of em running around now I think. Not sure why, but it has seemed to mean a lot less mages in the realms. I pretty much avoided villagers, no reason to bother with em, and none really bothered me ever.

Luggbok- A solid rager, a solid cloud giant and a solid player. Didn't do much with you, but did enjoy listening to you when Ferlynn tried to hunt you, though I couldn't explain it to you that I would only protect Ferlynn if you struck her while we explored, not if she tried to attack you or came searching for you.

FORTRESS
I tried to help out if I could do so, but I was usually pretty adamant about not raiding cabals. I wasn't in one, so I tried to avoid getting involved, was not that I liked imperials, just did not see it as my place to get involved.

Unalethekai- You were a complete beast in your fights and I knew if you were around there would be some quest to go on, be it for human sunder or the ancient lairs. I think you play a paladin about as perfectly as anyone can, so keep it up.

Padwei- I think first time I really met you you flew into the barren wastelands and saved me. Turned out being a dragon hunter was easy, getting to the dragons was often the harder part. But that was first class considering I hardly knew you and you flew in to save me.

Artinian- Yeah, I gave you Vengeance, part of my role was to help lots of young warriors get eq if they would do something for me. You seemed a solid paladin, and as you were quite young, I figured you might need a little help since lots of evils love to pk elven paladins when they are young.

Isendor: When you were a paladin you came in and tried to save me from the whirlpool, course we all died since turned out it was not the airchamber that you could recall from. But that was fun, and your rp was always good from what I saw.

SPIRE
You guys were pretty much people I would just sit in my guild and bs with in Galadon. And then beat on in the arena when we got bored.

Morkam- I think you forged about 10 swords for me. And most of them I was just giving away to young ones, though the mithril and heron served me until the very end. And I'm sorry you won't get another chance in the arena, think you went 0-10 against me, but hey, you forged two over powered swords for me and all I had to do was flurry. In the end I hope the things I gave you were a good repayment. I knew you always did want that certain something.

Tlingit- I think you knew I didn't have much to do when you gave me a scroll about joining the Spire, but I didn't have much con even then and figured it would have been short lived. I did learn some though, and I think the Spire is missing your leadership with no current Provost. And I do recall about the funniest thing I saw in all my time was when you zizzle and I were speaking and you told me to ask zizzle just how much coin it would take for him to be quiet and kill himself. Course I liked Zizzle, but that was just hilarious.

Lesik- You and Morkam had about the same record against me in the arena, though I do recall the time I won using only one blade, which I still can't believe. I tried to give you something to do since it seems magistrate's are often bored, and I enjoyed the talks. Sorry I didn't outlive you, but with one death left I decided i would go out on my terms instead of to some random Pk while I walked down Eastern. You're a first rate provincial, and I think you should have filled Tlingit's spot, but hey, not for me to decide.

RANDOMS:
Zizzle- I fight in the arena. I take one step. I get frozen. I get the ever living hell beat out of me while frozen. I come back and you try to sell me a statue. I about died laughing. And from that day forward I decided I liked you and was always looking to see what you were up to. Course transmuters are always difficult to get in touch with. I think people too often judge you simply cause you're a dark elf and a transmuter, but man, it just seems like you have a blast when you're around and you are one of the best characters I saw. That's why I gave you that item from the ancient black's lair, first I couldn't use it, but second, I knew it would be something that you might appreciate, and I hope it still serves you well. Sorry about you killing me for my final death in the Silver Tower, but the dragon was gonna kill me anyway, I didn't adequately prepare for that fight. You were just trying to help and ended up killing me. I laughed at that too. Thanks for aiding me in the final disposition of my things, though I had given most of my nice things to you to sell earlier.
As an aside, anyone that has a problem with zizzle takes themselves a bit too seriously I would say or does not realize how damn fun he is.

Vargith- A little dwarf that used to give me salutes and find me cookies. Sorry I never got you those maces, but they actually were never there when I went in, I just didn't have the heart to tell you that.

Satebos- Very limited interaction with you, pretty much I was terrified of you. Remember you came into the Coral Head when I was ranking, and I just sat there and wondered how I would survive, but you had no zombies, and I think that is why I survived. Fighting you when I aided the fort's defense, I realized you really can dominate any single person you wish, and I respected that as one of the most powerful characters you play it as I think you should. And I laughed when you told me that I found ways to die in the most interesting places when I died in the ruined dragon tower.

IMPERIALS:
Sorry, I did actually raid you guys once, but I saw Ahtieli and I thought she would show up to defend and just destroy the fortress guys, so thouht it would be fun to help. Was supposed to just be a retrieval, but when no imperials defended they went in and so I just tagged along.

Ahtieli- Empress of Thera and a Lich. I don't know a lot, but one thing I did know was not to ever mess with you on my own. I think you get a bad deal since the empire does get ganged on, well, by everyone it seems. People always complain when the things they do get done back to them, so keep up the nice work in the empire.

Bwaadn- I think I hated your character more than any, just because you would always be summoning me at the worst possible times. But hey, an evil minotaur shaman, I know why you did it. I knew if I ever got the upperhand you would flee, and well, that's just how it goes. At least you weren't just using rot and fleeing, like some shamans do.

Xherves- Called me out after the raid, challenged me, and gave me a good fight. Dagger specs are just tough to face, and I had bad flurries, so I lost. But you left all my gear, so that was worth the all purpose loan I gave you right after. If you actually did pay me back I think I would have attacked you, would not have been very dark-elf of you to actually do so.

Zefta- Did not do much with you, but I think you were fun to be around. I did have fun in evermoon when you attacked me twice in a row, running to the healer in between while I just sat there waiting.

OUTLANDERS
Eh, I had nothing to do with the tree, raided that once when I was considering the spire, but that was it.

Valdora- You jump the guildguard, then come in and beat me down. I was too busy saying no way she's gonna get through the guard and make it to me before I get out a transportation potion before I realized you already had.
Then there was Thar-Acacia where i somehow fled into after you ambushed me and we decided to work together to get out. I figured at any given moment there was going to be the betrayal, but I didn't mind. I still kept pressing on and taking the hits suspecting you really did know the way and were just having me wear myself down so as to make taking me out easier. Course the three mages that did kill me proved that might not have been the case, so who knows, but I think you do a fine job as the harbinger, so keep mixing it up.

That's about it, I'll post some more info about the actual character later and get back to anyone that has something to say or possibly some advice for me.

Zizzle (Guest)Sat 03-Jan-09 08:53 PM

#75563, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #2

Master Zannon,

Words fail how much I enjoyed a civilized conversation with a storm giant who wasn't (1) trying to stick a sword down my throat; or (2) cursing my name. It was my pleasure to duel with you at the arena, and engage in our many palavers once I sensed a fellow kindred spirit and enthusiast of wanderlust and adventure. Truly Thera would be a better place with those who knew how to laugh after their head gets exploded (an unfortunate side effect of my philanthropic research!).

I shall live in shame that your final death was to my Peristalic Lethgarginator! The Gods of Fate and Chance cackled with that one, I have no doubt.

Again, my best regards and many thanks.

Yours most truly,
/s/ Doctor Zizzle Ziff

Artinian (Guest)Sat 03-Jan-09 12:05 PM

#75535, "RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Zannon Wendrex the Legend of the ..."
In response to Reply #0

Zannon seemed very cool, and thanks for dropping Vengeance on me. Nothing makes level 11 paladin smile more than Vengeance.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #75532 Previous topic | Next topic