Subject: "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Oraimus Black the Grand Master of ..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #75126
Show all folders

Death_AngelTue 16-Dec-08 01:00 AM
Member since 02nd Oct 2024
17203 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#75126, "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Oraimus Black the Grand Master of Changelings"

Mon Dec 15 23:59:21 2008

At 7 o'clock AM, Day of the Great Gods, 19th of the Month of the Frost Giant
on the Theran calendar Oraimus perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:shapeshifter
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:105

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Goodbyes, Oraimus Black (Guest), 16-Dec-08 02:36 PM, #6
Reply Shapeshifters., Alzinghul (Guest), 16-Dec-08 05:36 PM, #7
Reply RE: Shapeshifters., Oraimus (Guest), 16-Dec-08 10:07 PM, #8
Reply I liked Oriamus as I like balls-out characters., Meleke (Guest), 17-Dec-08 04:31 AM, #9
Reply Sheesh, Oraimus (Guest), 17-Dec-08 01:55 PM, #11
Reply Thanks and goodluck on the next!, Illunas (Guest), 17-Dec-08 10:43 AM, #10
Reply RE: Thanks and goodluck on the next!, Alas (Guest), 17-Dec-08 02:01 PM, #12
Reply RE: Thanks and goodluck on the next!, Anon99 (Guest), 17-Dec-08 06:52 PM, #16
     Reply RE: Thanks and goodluck on the next!, Illunas (Guest), 18-Dec-08 10:55 AM, #17
          Reply Probably related to something like this?, incognito, 18-Dec-08 02:06 PM, #18
               Reply Doesn't matter, Oraimus (Guest), 18-Dec-08 04:37 PM, #19
Reply RE: Goodbyes, Baerinika, 17-Dec-08 03:08 PM, #13
     Reply Makes me curious...., Oraimus (Guest), 17-Dec-08 03:47 PM, #14
          Reply Absolutely, Rayihn, 17-Dec-08 06:07 PM, #15
Reply I suppose I shouldn't expect much here..., EXB, 16-Dec-08 04:38 AM, #1
     Reply Come to the dark side!, Ahtieli2 (Guest), 16-Dec-08 10:03 AM, #2
     Reply Thanks and.., EXB_ (Guest), 16-Dec-08 02:31 PM, #5
     Reply Dude...Dios, Gralbin (Guest), 16-Dec-08 10:28 AM, #3
          Reply I'm an idiot.. I totally forgot about that. Haha n/t, EXB_ (Guest), 16-Dec-08 02:26 PM, #4

Oraimus Black (Guest)Tue 16-Dec-08 02:36 PM

#75149, "Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #0

Firstly, thank you to everyone I interacted with. Immortals and mortals alike because I don't think I ever encountered anything ooc with this character. I "think" I rolled Oraimus up when Fortress wasn't too into power, but that quickly changed about the time I was in my mid levels. Oraimus Black was inspired by the Twilight series (prior to the movie coming out and after I had read all four books). On aside, I recommend them... they're all great and the fourth book just makes it all worthwhile.

Oraimus was more or less the child of a mortal woman who basically was impregnated by a vampire. She died during my birth and my life was viewed as something to not make her death in vein. Of course, I knew from the get-go that I was immediately going to face open biasm from the imms of the taboo nature of roleplaying anything vampire/demon, but I would like to think I was attempting to take an original route.

Some may have noticed, but I never ate in front of people. Instead I calmed my hunger by drinking blood, and after I received the jackal (and later vulture) by devouring corpses. I probably would have rerolled the vulture if I didn't think it fit my role so well. I roleplayed that even the desire or urge to eat food would make me sick, so I never did, nor did I ever use pills.

In the end, one of my final talks with Baerinika more or less amounted to her reinforcing that this was all by my choice and thus the spark started to just fade off. As I go onto the goodbyes, I'm lousy at goodbyes, I truly welcome open criticism if you liked or disliked my character.

Baerinika - Was fun to see your wedding and congratulations on that... had really hoped to make a maran but damn if forms don't just move too slow to truly chase anyone down. If I go shifter again, I'm gonna pray for a form that has a lagging maneuver....

Isendor - Thank you for the induction, especially since it came after you immortalized. I feared that it was going to take much longer especially since you always seemed too focused to respond to my tells. Unfortunately I never got to fight alongside you as a mortal, but I'm sure you were an inspiration to Paladins.

Synoria - I enjoyed you very very much and one of my funnest moments was when you were inducting Laegaire and spoke to your leggings... I couldn't stop laughing for five minutes. This was partly due to the fact I had already been up all night (I think going on 5 in the morning if not later even) but god that was funny... I couldn't help making comments after the matter.

Kinkaides - Haven't seen you two much lately, but I always enjoyed your company and I owe you many thanks for helping me level now and then on the skeletons.

Other air shifter who's name is slipping me - Was always thankful for the company in the skies and talk about scary to have to offense/air's together... hehe Thanks for all the help and good fights.

Illunas - I'm not 100% sure why even because we probably didn't get to travel together too much at all, but hoping you stick it out for the long haul cause I like you. Might just be my affinity towards transmuters and mages in general since I prefer them over melee classes. Would have been great to travel with you more but you tended to be with the melee classes (which makes sense of course). Anyhow, I'll see you again I'm sure.

Gralbin - Congrats on being a Maran... always can be a little disheartening to see a new person come in and bust it out, but at the same time congrats for accomplishing it. We also didn't get to travel too much especially since my playtime dwindled recently.

Enemies

Alzinghul - I can't say I enjoyed fighting you too much because it usually consisted of a lot of broken spines. While I don't blame the tactic I wasn't about to ever fight you with dwindling spells due to this reason. My controled transluscence, flight, etc was always full when I engaged you. Other than that, glad to see you overcoming hatred by so many for being an orc in the first place. However, I wish I understood the relationship you have/or had with Empire... being a diciple of the demon god of chaos and all... just seemed very counter to Empire but I suppose you could care less as the orc and it's more on their shoulders in that RP department. Still was always interesting and confusing...

Empire bards - Probably hate you guys the most... not because of fiend or anything, but that song that disables you to see your hp/mana/mv... Honestly thing it should have a shorter duration than 6 hours or more. I think at least 3 would be more than reasonable. In any case, yeah...

Graelok - Very painful with those blades... especially that last fight. I was saying outloud "damn, I'm dead" when I got the final hit. Beside the low hp, the barrier fell just before that final round... Hopefully you noticed I didn't take anything other than the coins.

Well.. I'm forgetting people per usual, so please chime in if so. I'll probably just copy/paste this to the graveyard after my post shows up there.

Alzinghul (Guest)Tue 16-Dec-08 05:36 PM

#75152, "Shapeshifters."
In response to Reply #6

I'm going to post more of this on my goodbye thread which will be coming up soon enough. But shapeshifters are definitely one of the banes of my existense, hasted animals that hacking doesn't drop anything makes for very very tough battles. I think the best time I had was when you and Wexlen raided Tremblefist and I fought you both off which was a highlight of my Orc. I HATE airforms so spinebreak and run sometimes was my best option I'm sure you understand that on how easy it was to take me down sometimes. I enjoyed the fights though and always looking over my shoulder.

Alzinghul Chieftain

Oraimus (Guest)Tue 16-Dec-08 10:07 PM

#75156, "RE: Shapeshifters."
In response to Reply #7

Yeah.. I remember that tremblefist retrieval. Such a pain in the butt, hehehe. Especially since I realized too late that he had already retreated... You were fun to fight and honestly make me want to roll up an orc I'm just a stickler for mage types so i'd probably wanna go as as that more shamanistic adept (but I don't think it's overly powerful (not that I know.)) Stick it out and I may just have to be an ally of some kind on one of my next characters or somethin.

Meleke (Guest)Wed 17-Dec-08 04:31 AM

#75159, "I liked Oriamus as I like balls-out characters."
In response to Reply #6

Soraec may have been the other air shifter in fort you mean but he is/was a cock and would never fight when he did not have an assured victory. You on the other hand, just brought it always and whenever. I only regret never actually fighting you with a 'confident' dire wolf. I think I was only skilled or competant when we had our 'set to' by velkyn oloth. I was also not in scion at the time and had I a decent despoil it would have ended differently.

A flying lion is always something to be feared or at the very least, very aware of.

Welcome back to the dark side where RP is out of the box and free moving!

-----Abernyte

Oraimus (Guest)Wed 17-Dec-08 01:55 PM

#75166, "Sheesh"
In response to Reply #9

I am still frustrated with the air vs air fights, but at least they changed that whole flee thing a bit. I had a lot of respect for you after the first encounter in the air to come back to all my belongings (I'm pretty sure you didn't take anything, or at least if you did it was minimal).

You were a pain cause I knew you had to have had a minimum of an extra 400 hp or something with your gear.... scary to picture a good despoil on top of that one though.

The vulture and lion were firsts for me and I did quite enjoy the lion. Thanks for the reply

EXB

Illunas (Guest)Wed 17-Dec-08 10:43 AM

#75162, "Thanks and goodluck on the next!"
In response to Reply #6

It was good to know you the brief time you were in, I had no clue it was you!

Sorry about the seeming lack of attention you might have felt, and I can understand the source of frustration in going 100+-150+ hours and watching all the Imperials you were smacking around at level 30 become sect leaders and elite blades and you still are a squire. With detect evil and prot.

Bleh!

My advice to you would be to RP it out - I think that 'becoming' is part of the draw to being in the fortress, as becoming a Maran is a huge turning point for the character, a long term goal.

Be vocal about it either in your roles, or to others in your journey and I promise you will get interaction (wether you like it or not... such as a giant dragon coming to kill you)

From the interaction I had with you it seemed like you had what it took, you just went in the other direction and took the double d.

I hope you roll up another fortie - We don't have any shapeshifters on the Maran side at all, and It would be great to have an air form to find where all those little darkies are hiding

Good luck and see you in the fields.

Alas (Guest)Wed 17-Dec-08 02:01 PM

#75167, "RE: Thanks and goodluck on the next!"
In response to Reply #10

Well, I probably could have attributed something more about seeking maranation in my role, however, I did speak up to Baerinika although this was probably around 80 hours old or so.

I agree with you, it is definitely one of the draws to joining Fortress in the first place. Felt like I had to go the double d route since that spark kinda died... towards the end I was actually catching some people alone for once. Although not that peck on eastern road with Alzinghul...

Thanks for the reply! And good luck with your character!

EXB

Anon99 (Guest)Wed 17-Dec-08 06:52 PM

#75172, "RE: Thanks and goodluck on the next!"
In response to Reply #10

I take it you believe that being vocal about becoming a maran should apply to the forums too?

A number of your recent posts have implied that you should be a maran. Let your in game actions judge you without using external pressure.

Illunas (Guest)Thu 18-Dec-08 10:55 AM

#75182, "RE: Thanks and goodluck on the next!"
In response to Reply #16

Not sure where you are getting this information as I've never posted on dio's regarding anything even remotely maranish. Good troll and nice attempt at hijacking.

incognitoThu 18-Dec-08 02:06 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#75184, "Probably related to something like this?"
In response to Reply #17

"Two squires against a warmaster, dreadlord, an imperial blade and an elite imperial blade gives a great reason for a little role updade, maybe a little maran love!"

Not sure how much you've posted along those lines, but I can see how it could be interpreted like that.

Oraimus (Guest)Thu 18-Dec-08 04:37 PM

#75185, "Doesn't matter"
In response to Reply #18

I mentioned it in part of my post goodbye so his response is completely relevant without the need to bring up other posts here or at other forums. If anything, he was relating with me with the due frustration cause most of my playing time is late in the evening Pacific standard time, which means most the imms (especially fortress ones) have gone to bed. Hard to get noticed unless they develope some kind of habit to sleep-mud.... ^_^

EXB

BaerinikaWed 17-Dec-08 03:08 PM
Member since 23rd Jan 2007
338 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#75168, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #6

After our first talk I had really high hopes that you'd step up and be my next leader, but it seemed like right away you got bored and your hours dropped off. I tend to skim roles more than really study them so I think I actually mis-read yours, which is probably where some of my pep talks came from. Even still, since humans choose what they do and how they behave, that's why I was pushing you that way.

Hope you try again, I did really like the char.

Good luck on your next.

Oraimus (Guest)Wed 17-Dec-08 03:47 PM

#75170, "Makes me curious...."
In response to Reply #13

"Humans choose what they do and how they behave..."

Can't there still be room for an affliction of any kind having a cause for a human to act a certain way? In a sense, this was what I had originally sought to accomplish or at least be recognized for to some small degree. The most important thing for me was that I wasn't trying to garner any perks for the character, but if anything, detriments and "flavor" for lack of a better word.

I can honestly say that my hours are always peculiar and don't always mean I got bored because I typically work during the day and then perform as an actor in the evening. When I'm not doing a show, my time in the evening free's up quite a lot. When I started Oraimus I was coming out of a recent knee surgery so I definitely had tons of time (Since I couldn't walk, let alone work, hehe)

That being said, it was probably around the 95-100 hour mark where I let the spark die out a bit I think. The rest of the time I really was trying to think of ways I could prove myself to becoming Maran somehow.

Thank you though, I am glad you liked the character for what it's worth

EXB

RayihnWed 17-Dec-08 06:07 PM
Member since 08th Oct 2006
1147 posts
#75171, "Absolutely"
In response to Reply #14

But Baer's a somewhat racist, beligerant war like goddess who believes in freedom and free will. Humans, to her, choose good, bad, or indifferent, and those that choose bad or indifferent are worthless to her unless they are specifically following her (indifferent ones only of course).

EXBTue 16-Dec-08 04:38 AM
Member since 15th Jun 2005
102 posts
#75131, "I suppose I shouldn't expect much here..."
In response to Reply #0

My post on Dio's didn't get anything, be that as it may. So please feel free to comment if you want.

If anything, I'd love to hear from Baerinika if the role/background had even an ounce of interest or if it was just blah and the character was blah. (I suppose I may have to donate for my pbf though too)

I will say the lack of Fortie feedback makes me think I should just go back to team evil though. hehe

EXB

Ahtieli2 (Guest)Tue 16-Dec-08 10:03 AM

#75137, "Come to the dark side!"
In response to Reply #1

CF needs more evil players

I must say that your second name was so confusing. Black and Fortress just did not work for me

You sure did not afraid to run around when odds were not in your favour

EXB_ (Guest)Tue 16-Dec-08 02:31 PM

#75148, "Thanks and.."
In response to Reply #2

Yeah, I still remember you asking about my last name. Oraimus' mother was Alexia Black and she was the inspiration for his dedication towards the light. As opposed to the father figure/angel who was truly evil that fueled his dedication to remain in the fight against the darkness.

I won't say that I'm sorry our playing times didn't match up, cause fighting a necromancer with forget/energy drain is hard enough let alone a lich. Or a lich and at least two others when I got nailed inside the Fortress during that raid long ago. Dealing with a lich, bard, and assassin isn't fun at all

On aside, maybe they should make it so if a victim is forgot'd their's no mind to energy drain from? Maybe? Who knows...

EXB

Gralbin (Guest)Tue 16-Dec-08 10:28 AM

#75140, "Dude...Dios"
In response to Reply #1

You can't post anonymously on dios, so why would people out their characters to give you feed back? I really didn't know you at all, so I can't say anything. I'm just wanting to give a shout to the other fortie boys and say hey, they might not post because of the reason I gave above.

EXB_ (Guest)Tue 16-Dec-08 02:26 PM

#75147, "I'm an idiot.. I totally forgot about that. Haha n/t"
In response to Reply #3

asdf

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #75126 Previous topic | Next topic