Subject: "I quit CF. Thank you and good luck everybody!" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #75076
Show all folders

ShapaSun 14-Dec-08 03:03 PM
Member since 22nd Jun 2006
252 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#75076, "I quit CF. Thank you and good luck everybody!"
Edited on Sun 14-Dec-08 03:21 PM

I played different muds for more than ten years. And CF is the best of them!

I never explored in CF (i explored everything in the previous muds and was kinda tired of exploring). I could never RP well (and actually didn't want to). Spent all of these 2 (or 3) years in CF PK-ing.

I like everything in CF: immortals, players, non-stop changes, PK, everything. Thank you Immortals for my years in CF. I did cheat few (i think 2) times in CF: transfered once my craapy (really crappy) EQ (hell, i didn't even need it! from one character to another, and once created many characters with the same name to roll my luck stat. When Imms asked me if i really did it - i accepted and the punishment wasn't hard - got denied. In Russian muds you'd get banned for transfering EQ after the first attemp to do it. So thank you for this kind punishment as well.

I met few kick-ass people in CF: Elhe (damn you for never helping me IC, though we know each other OOC pretty well), Nep (thank you for both Cabdru and your Imm work), Marcus, Kastellyn, Dwoggurd. And many many other good people

Actually i only played in CF these characters: my first character in CF was transmuter Shapa who never wielded the staff amd didn't even know what ABS is and deleted at about 35 lvl, goodie conjurer (was my second character in CF and sucked badly as well), 4 assassins: first 2 assassins were before the martial trance and i still didn't know any single prep, third assassin was pretty succesfull (learned preps, items and pretty much everything i know right now about CF), fourth would be much much better if i wasn't ####ed up by Empire and deleted, gnome battle warrior, good conjurer (that time i was much more expierenced already and did pretty well with it) and many AP's. After i made first AP i couldn't force myself to play anything else. If i had more time i could beat Cabdru perhaps, perhaps not I was getting better and better at AP's.

Why i leave: I'm not very young person already and i don't have the job in real life. So after i deleted Soidel (my last char in CF) i was playing the internet poker to gather some money. Few monthes i was playing poker for play (nor real) money. 3 days ago i began to play in poker for real money and i win much more often than i loose. So i'll spend all my time now to become better player in the poker.

Thank you immortals and players again!

P.S. Post more logs here and on qhcf please - i read every log every day

P.P.S. CF isn't dying (or dying very very slowly). Every second person (below 40 rank) i met last year was total newbie. A lot of newbies arrive to CF all the time. I tryed to show all of them at least where to buy detect invis potion, where to gather money and find green potion (usually after i killed them). Still most of them don't want to escape from PK's they cannot win for unknown reasons.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply How did you afford to play 10 hour sessions?, CraftedD (Guest), 26-Dec-08 11:27 AM, #18
Reply RE: I quit CF. Thank you and good luck everybody!, Ravon et al (Guest), 16-Dec-08 03:20 AM, #8
Reply It just struck me..., Marcus_, 16-Dec-08 03:56 AM, #9
     Reply RE: It just struck me..., rav (Guest), 16-Dec-08 04:11 AM, #10
          Reply RE: It just struck me..., Shaapa (Guest), 16-Dec-08 10:09 AM, #11
          Reply I could have swore Vens aged or condied.... NT, TheManNamedSam (Guest), 16-Dec-08 06:49 PM, #15
               Reply No ..., Shaapa (Guest), 17-Dec-08 08:22 AM, #17
          Reply Congrats.. very nice :) nt, Marcus_, 16-Dec-08 03:49 PM, #14
          Reply That's ####ing awesome man. Congrats. NT, TheManNamedSam (Guest), 16-Dec-08 06:50 PM, #16
          Reply That's pretty badass., wareagle, 26-Dec-08 09:34 PM, #19
Reply GLWYN, Dwoggurd, 15-Dec-08 04:22 PM, #6
Reply That's because they are getting their legs broke by a m..., TheManNamedSam (Guest), 15-Dec-08 07:43 PM, #7
Reply Shame you're quitting.. But $5 says you'll be back one ..., Marcus_, 15-Dec-08 02:25 PM, #5
Reply RE: Shame you're quitting.. But $5 says you'll be back ..., Shaapa (Guest), 16-Dec-08 10:15 AM, #12
     Reply Hehe, not really..., Marcus_, 16-Dec-08 11:06 AM, #13
Reply The problem is, Beront (Guest), 14-Dec-08 04:57 PM, #3
Reply And also, Daurwyn2 (Guest), 14-Dec-08 05:32 PM, #4
Reply Take care man, Rodriguez, 14-Dec-08 03:58 PM, #2
Reply Come back and kill me soon., TheManNamedSam (Guest), 14-Dec-08 03:44 PM, #1

CraftedD (Guest)Fri 26-Dec-08 11:27 AM

#75338, "How did you afford to play 10 hour sessions?"
In response to Reply #0

Without a job. How do you pay any bills or feed yourself. You say you are rather old. Does someone else just cover you so you can sit all day and play carrionfields?

Ravon et al (Guest)Tue 16-Dec-08 03:20 AM

#75127, "RE: I quit CF. Thank you and good luck everybody!"
In response to Reply #0

I've been playing poker professionally for the last few years, and am in the top .001% of people out there. It's a lot harder than it looks. Hope you have a lot of patience and a cool head. If you ever rage deleted, poker is probably not for you. I recommend you play it for a few months casually before you do anything drastic.

Marcus_Tue 16-Dec-08 03:56 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
681 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#75129, "It just struck me..."
In response to Reply #8

Are you Tony G? :p

rav (Guest)Tue 16-Dec-08 04:11 AM

#75130, "RE: It just struck me..."
In response to Reply #9

Nah, did win a WSOP bracelet this year though.

Shaapa (Guest)Tue 16-Dec-08 10:09 AM

#75138, "RE: It just struck me..."
In response to Reply #10

Do you play on the pokerstars.com? What is your nickname? Well ... having WSOP bracelet basically means you'r champion of the world?

I rage deleted all of my characters, never age died in more then ten years of mudding in the different muds.

TheManNamedSam (Guest)Tue 16-Dec-08 06:49 PM

#75154, "I could have swore Vens aged or condied.... NT"
In response to Reply #11

NT

Shaapa (Guest)Wed 17-Dec-08 08:22 AM

#75160, "No ..."
In response to Reply #15

I was uninducted, but decided not to delete before i loose strange bracers. Deleted some time later when i lost it

Marcus_Tue 16-Dec-08 03:49 PM
681 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#75151, "Congrats.. very nice :) nt"
In response to Reply #10

nt

TheManNamedSam (Guest)Tue 16-Dec-08 06:50 PM

#75155, "That's ####ing awesome man. Congrats. NT"
In response to Reply #10

NT

wareagleFri 26-Dec-08 09:34 PM
Member since 19th Aug 2007
201 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#75342, "That's pretty badass."
In response to Reply #10

Not quite sure what else to say to that, but impressive stuff man.

DwoggurdMon 15-Dec-08 04:22 PM
Member since 20th Jan 2004
668 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#75112, "GLWYN"
In response to Reply #0

CF is dying (no more than 50 players online including imms), but you will be back anyway.

Good thing about poker is that all whom I know report wins and I know a lot of internet poker players. After all (orky)Soul ended up being second on the last final WSOP 2008 table.
Though I still wonder, who are those who lose money in poker? Haven't seen any of them so far.

TheManNamedSam (Guest)Mon 15-Dec-08 07:43 PM

#75124, "That's because they are getting their legs broke by a m..."
In response to Reply #6

Or in our country, Guido.

Marcus_Mon 15-Dec-08 02:25 PM
681 posts
#75108, "Shame you're quitting.. But $5 says you'll be back one ..."
In response to Reply #0

Anyway, nice knowing you.. And good luck with the poker career. PM me on dio's if you want any tips. I'm working in the poker industry now, and I was supporting my studies with poker (there's money to be made!).

Shaapa (Guest)Tue 16-Dec-08 10:15 AM

#75139, "RE: Shame you're quitting.. But $5 says you'll be back ..."
In response to Reply #5

Some tips would be great of course !

But i guess you won't have enough time and patience to teach me how to play poker well.

Marcus_Tue 16-Dec-08 11:06 AM
681 posts
#75141, "Hehe, not really..."
In response to Reply #12

But I can send you some good e-books that teaches you pretty well how to play winning poker... and also about good places to play, etc. If you play online some sites are very though, while others have plenty of fish. It generally depends on which stakes and games you prefer to play.

Beront (Guest)Sun 14-Dec-08 04:57 PM

#75082, "The problem is"
In response to Reply #0

that the price will be much much higher in the poker. I can only suggest you to stay away from it. However you will not listen. And I don't really care

A) You can't control your urge to win the fight. You want to win in EVERY fight. So its easy to predict your moves.

B) You can't control yourself after loosing one. Here is your big chance to suicide, since you will play in Real World, for Real Money.

Daurwyn2 (Guest)Sun 14-Dec-08 05:32 PM

#75083, "And also"
In response to Reply #3

When you play for more money, you are more likely to get fleeced by cheats who know the cards of several players, not just their own.

RodriguezSun 14-Dec-08 03:58 PM
Member since 30th Jan 2005
367 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via ICQ
#75080, "Take care man"
In response to Reply #0

I hope that poker think works out well for you.

TheManNamedSam (Guest)Sun 14-Dec-08 03:44 PM

#75079, "Come back and kill me soon."
In response to Reply #0

I am sad. My pk idol is gone

Was fun all the times we scrapped. I think you got me a couple times with Vens, but I got you back when you were Chupan and I was Thrakazhaar (still sorry about the full-sac, only person in CF I did that too but you kept trying to assassinate me ) then you rampaged on me with your well-played APs (though I did gang Kom down hehehehehehe).

My favorite fight of ours were when it was me (Ugganamesh) vs. you (Cuchok) and we stalemated for a while until you finally landed the sleep on me (you were ####ing writhing too, you miss, I land bash, you die, incredibly ballsy) then you brutally finished me.

Good luck with the poker and try not to play with guys who have cities in their names.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #75076 Previous topic | Next topic