Subject: "(AUTO) [BATTLE] Ruhktanshi Il'Cha-Ashama'Ghara the Stre..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #74913
Show all folders

Death_AngelTue 09-Dec-08 04:56 PM
Member since 02nd Oct 2024
17203 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#74913, "(AUTO) [BATTLE] Ruhktanshi Il'Cha-Ashama'Ghara the Strengthened Chant of Sublimity"

Tue Dec 9 15:52:14 2008

At 6 o'clock AM, Day of the Bull, 22nd of the Month of the Spring
on the Theran calendar Ruhktanshi perished, never to return.

Race:wood-elf
Class:bard
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:721

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Best..Quiter...Ever. You won that prize, champ n/t, Kostyan (Guest), 13-Dec-08 05:47 AM, #14
Reply RE: Best..Quiter...Ever. You won that prize, champ n/t, Ruhk (Guest), 18-Dec-08 04:25 AM, #18
Reply Apologia and explanation, Ruhk (Guest), 11-Dec-08 02:12 AM, #6
Reply No ####..., Yean, 11-Dec-08 02:53 AM, #7
Reply RE: No ####..., Ruhk (Guest), 18-Dec-08 04:36 AM, #21
Reply RE: Apologia and explanation, Cointreau, 11-Dec-08 07:04 AM, #8
Reply Holy #### is right, TJHuron, 11-Dec-08 06:47 PM, #9
Reply RE: Holy #### is right, Ruhk (Guest), 18-Dec-08 04:26 AM, #19
Reply Anytime., Mal (Guest), 13-Dec-08 12:11 AM, #10
     Reply RE: Anytime., Ruhk (Guest), 13-Dec-08 01:14 AM, #11
Reply What the ####?, Inger (Guest), 11-Dec-08 01:23 AM, #5
Reply RE: (AUTO) [BATTLE] Ruhktanshi Il'Cha-Ashama'Ghara the ..., Dark Priest, 10-Dec-08 02:08 PM, #4
Reply I really agree with the sentiment here..., Daevryn, 18-Dec-08 06:59 PM, #23
     Reply Gosh, Dwoggurd, 19-Dec-08 06:15 AM, #24
          Reply RE: Gosh, Daevryn, 19-Dec-08 09:09 AM, #25
               Reply I really think you not post about ease.. etc, UnkaArzzra (Guest), 19-Dec-08 02:01 PM, #26
                    Reply I don't know about string theory...., Straklaw, 19-Dec-08 05:12 PM, #27
                         Reply The problem is once you hit the guardian, Dwoggurd, 19-Dec-08 05:38 PM, #28
Reply My favorite villain., Etielise (Guest), 09-Dec-08 08:58 PM, #3
Reply RE: My favorite villain., Ruhk (Guest), 18-Dec-08 04:33 AM, #20
Reply This is not going to be a nice goodbye., Alzinghul (Guest), 09-Dec-08 08:40 PM, #2
Reply RE: This is not going to be a nice goodbye., Ruhk (Guest), 13-Dec-08 01:19 AM, #12
     Reply Thinking that orc should be solo killer somewhat dumb. ..., Elhe (Guest), 13-Dec-08 05:29 AM, #13
          Reply Given you don't think a Lich should be a solo killer ei..., Abernytee (Guest), 13-Dec-08 08:19 AM, #15
               Reply Aber. you know, Elhe (Guest), 13-Dec-08 09:15 AM, #16
                    Reply Well, he was a whinny all the time, Beront (Guest), 13-Dec-08 12:01 PM, #17
Reply Dub-tee-eff, Sletren (Guest), 09-Dec-08 04:59 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Dub-tee-eff, Ruhk (Guest), 18-Dec-08 04:39 AM, #22

Kostyan (Guest)Sat 13-Dec-08 05:47 AM

#75042, "Best..Quiter...Ever. You won that prize, champ n/t"
In response to Reply #0

n/t

Ruhk (Guest)Thu 18-Dec-08 04:25 AM

#75174, "RE: Best..Quiter...Ever. You won that prize, champ n/t"
In response to Reply #14

How big is you e-peen now? I'm sure you are doing ever thing you can to keep it erect. Good JOB! This game would be a lot better if players like you who are skilled would have the right attitude towards the game and other players. Sadly respecting others and being civil would not let you get you erections from thrash talking others now would it? Too bad. Good luck.

P.S - Please do yourself a favour and don't prove my above mentioned point by replying to this post.

Ruhk (Guest)Thu 11-Dec-08 02:12 AM

#74974, "Apologia and explanation"
In response to Reply #0

That sucked majorly. Just to put the speculation to rest I was in Mumbai when the terror attack happened (this is assuming you people know what happened due to the news and international coverage). In case you don't then there were a series of bomb blasts and hostage situations at three top notch hotels and a cafe and railway station where there was random firing. For a majority of last month I was trying to overcome what happened on that ill fated day. Some friends and I had travelled to Mumbai for the Jethro Tull concert and some asshole with a gun started randomly firing and threw hand grenades at the railway station. Three of us were very injured. My friend took some sharpnel and was in ICU for two weeks and is still pretty ####ed up. I'm fine and 100% fit now and just returned to town yesteday. It was 3d horror. The hospital and the trauma and ####. I'm sorry for the Imms I let down and the people who had expectations from me. I really wanted to work this out and though I can see 721 hours put down the drain I'm really too shaken with other things for this to effect me in the least. HOLY #### THAT WAS CLOSE!

I don't think I'll be playing for a while. I'm still attending physiotherapy and I need to catch up on lost time @ studies/work and band practice. I'm barely up for any good byes. If any of you post, I will reply in a day or two. But thanks for all the people who put up with me in good times and bad times. Thanks to some of the classiest players I got a chance to lead and work with. God Bless you guys.

Special thanks to Yean for being the coolest immortal I've ever followed and the Imms that showed faith in letting me Imm. Thanks to Inger and Dhaath who were immortal in my books.

Om Shanti,
Ruhk

YeanThu 11-Dec-08 02:53 AM
Member since 23rd Jan 2007
275 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#74975, "No ####..."
In response to Reply #6

That's seriously bad stuff to hear..never did I imagine you'd be caught up in it..really glad to know you're alright!

It's been awhile so pardon my sketchy memory..you did well with the religion, in fact took it pretty much to the extreme - that suicide self-punishment incident stands out for one. The flaws you chose also made it tougher for your char, but you wove it into the religion and your rp perfectly. I enjoyed the analysis stuff you wrote earlier on in your life, and will find time to put them in the shrine..they're the sort of stuff I want on the shelves. I might not have everything though so if you still do, please send them to me (yean@cf)!

I hope you and your friends recover soon, and like you said, peace out. Take care.

Ruhk (Guest)Thu 18-Dec-08 04:36 AM

#75177, "RE: No ####..."
In response to Reply #7

Thanks for all the great times. You totally rocked as an immortal. I hope you didn't figure out who I was because I sure was your best buddy in your mortal days. I had a haunch early on that you knew who the player behind Ruhk is (despite all the care I took to cloak it). What more can I say ... *hands you the coolest IMM he ever followed badge*. Enjoy the badge

I hope you aren't dormant anymore. I am fine. Thanks for the concern, everyone is okay now. Cheers.

Ruhk

CointreauThu 11-Dec-08 07:04 AM
Member since 20th Nov 2004
300 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#74977, "RE: Apologia and explanation"
In response to Reply #6

Scary #### man. I remember reading about it, seeing some of the pictures taken and thinking how scary it would've been to actually be there.

Hope you get through it okay.

TJHuronThu 11-Dec-08 06:47 PM
Member since 28th Nov 2007
1132 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#74984, "Holy #### is right"
In response to Reply #6

Wow, that is... Too much to put into words except that you have my sympathies. I can't imagine witnessing first hand that kind of extreme violence and terror. It is good to hear you are alright, and I hope your friend recovers too.

Hopefully you will find the time and strength to return to the game. This game definately needs players like you to make it enjoyable for the rest of us! I also want to mirror Yeans comments about your flaw choice for Ruhk. I loved the narcolepsy flaw. I can't tell you how many times it made me laugh my ass off. We'd be in the middle of a conversation or some sort of battle and BAM! You'd fall asleep. It was pure comedy to me. Beyond that, you RP'd it very well, I liked the nightmare twist. I don't think we ever sat down like we agreed and told our stories, but, I got a feel for where you were coming from.

Thanks for all the great times and I hope you find your way back to normalcy.

Inger

Ruhk (Guest)Thu 18-Dec-08 04:26 AM

#75175, "RE: Holy #### is right"
In response to Reply #9

Yeah, everytime Inger was around everything was 2x fun. Great times, surely something I miss and one of those memories that will bring me back to cf.

you can hit me at slapataurus@hotmail.com

Mal (Guest)Sat 13-Dec-08 12:11 AM

#75033, "Anytime."
In response to Reply #6

I played Perdray, Istdinen among a few others that were very intertwined with your character. As well I have also been in the situation you spoke of above at another time. On both ends. I can only say my heart goes out to you entirely. If there is anything I can ever do to help, please let me know by dropping a line here and I will waste no time getting back to you.

You and your friends are in my thoughts.

Mal

Ruhk (Guest)Sat 13-Dec-08 01:14 AM

#75036, "RE: Anytime."
In response to Reply #10

Istidenen. You also were amongst my favourite people to see as Ruhk. Always very well poised and well role played. Thanks for the offer. Means much. I'm good, just overloaded with work at the moment.

Cheers,
Ruhk

Inger (Guest)Thu 11-Dec-08 01:23 AM

#74973, "What the ####?"
In response to Reply #0

What's the deal with the auto? It was my guess that your increasingly staggered logins were because you were trying to prolong Ruhk's life in hopes of imm'ing. And you did. I was very happy that you did. But, letting it all go? What's the deal?

Apparently, you just don't have the time to play. I can't imagine going through all that work to toss it away for other reasons.

See you around. Maybe?

Dark PriestWed 10-Dec-08 02:08 PM
Member since 19th Dec 2003
205 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#74955, "RE: (AUTO) [BATTLE] Ruhktanshi Il'Cha-Ashama'Ghara the ..."
In response to Reply #0

You did hero-imm so you must have done something right. You had good RP, even if people didn't like the role you played imho. But, for a Villager...I never really thought you fit the bill. I played a cloud giant berserker who was running around with you once and you yelled at him for not helping you fight a certain chief when the odds were even. That just put a bad taste in my mouth but at that point I was sure you were near deletion. You stopped gearing for awhile and just seemed to loose interest.

I especially enjoyed early Ruhk, I was playing a bard back when you first joined the Village. That was good stuff, not sure what happen.

But again, I think you did a great job with your RP from what I saw and hope you come back. I know being a newb hero-imm is hard considering a certain rule that they have, I know thats what kept me from trying again as Gahtho. I have coded and done area building on other muds and would love to build and run a religion here but right now I couldn't handle "that one rule"tm.

Hope to see you back in the fields!

DaevrynThu 18-Dec-08 06:59 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#75191, "I really agree with the sentiment here..."
In response to Reply #4

And I say this not to bash you, but in hopes of making your next character better.

I really, really liked early-life frequent-underdog Ruhk. Very willing to take on just about anything and willing to stay around against terrible odds.

I felt the exact opposite about later-life Ruhk leading a dominant Battle cabal. Instead of being better than the people who were keeping you down early in life, you were just as bad as them if not worse in terms of sheer ridiculous ganging. I was constantly torn between wishing you would throw out the few bad-apple ubergangy Battle, and feeling like that would be hypocritical since you were as bad or worse than any of them. (Although, admittedly, not a berserker, many of the people you asked/ordered to gang with you were.)

I think you're a good "loser" in terms of cabal dominance, but you make a bad winner. If I was playing Empire or something during your reign I'd probably just want to log off and do anything else with my time.

DwoggurdFri 19-Dec-08 06:15 AM
Member since 20th Jan 2004
668 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#75204, "Gosh"
In response to Reply #23

>I think you're a good "loser" in terms of cabal dominance, but
>you make a bad winner. If I was playing Empire or something
>during your reign I'd probably just want to log off and do
>anything else with my time.

Psst..

If you were playing Empire (assuming russians would let you in), why not just kill all battles in range several times? If there is a cabal that ragers have no chances against then it's Empire. And if you can take the head, they will just logoff away because there is absolutely no fun in retrieving against centruions.

DaevrynFri 19-Dec-08 09:09 AM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#75207, "RE: Gosh"
In response to Reply #24

Having played Empire and lost the head back to Battle bunches of times, and having played Battle and gotten the head back from Empire even more times, I don't agree.

Depending on who's in your range and what you are it can be ridiculously hard, though.

UnkaArzzra (Guest)Fri 19-Dec-08 02:01 PM

#75208, "I really think you not post about ease.. etc"
In response to Reply #25

>Having played Empire and lost the head back to Battle bunches
>of times, and having played Battle and gotten the head back
>from Empire even more times, I don't agree.
>
>Depending on who's in your range and what you are it can be
>ridiculously hard, though.

You judging things is akin to a nobel winning physicist telling children that string theory is easy.

It does not hold water. You know the ins and outs of CF. You have more PK/RP history than almost anyone currently playing. Etc.

You seem, note the use of seem, to have lost sight of the average or new players' ability. The CF stuff you do is amazing, and while I hate it when you play a character, you do it with style and respect for your fellow players. It simply seems that to me, you have lost that awe and mind boggling sense of enormity that comes with being a new or average player of CF.

Cheers,
UncleArzzra.

PS Try not to PK in areas you wrote with your characters. It makes us who are targetted feel helpless and hopeless.

StraklawFri 19-Dec-08 05:12 PM
Member since 10th Mar 2003
1014 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#75211, "I don't know about string theory...."
In response to Reply #26

but I really don't think it's quite so bad as people suggest. I honestly think it's mostly a matter of what "everyone" thinks is the situation these days. People are complaining about centurions...well, why are you fighting them then? Yes, there might be a role reason why not, but it seems these days that's everyone's reasoning, instead of a character who like any RL person, who's more likely going to be fine with a minor sacrifice for a greater gain.

Or if you can't retrieve right away, go do something else? There's a lot of options, and it's not the end of the world...and I play more *FOR* the PK/Cabal aspect of the game than anything else.

Anyways, that's just my perspective, but really had an easier time retrieving with ragers than anyone else, most of the time.

DwoggurdFri 19-Dec-08 05:38 PM
Member since 20th Jan 2004
668 posts
#75212, "The problem is once you hit the guardian"
In response to Reply #27

You can't really get out. And retrieve without a chance to escape and try again isn't fun and takes big chunk of the game away.
Basically you go to retrieve against Empire as a rager if you have overwhelming odds enough to completely smash poor imperial who haven't managed to logout in time.

It's much better for the gameplay when you can bring it on tough retrieval and have a chance to fall back if dices are against you.

Etielise (Guest)Tue 09-Dec-08 08:58 PM

#74928, "My favorite villain."
In response to Reply #0

People who attack the Inn guard just make me roll my eyes, however, you were directly responsible for me being a little braver when it came to PK. I had to fight you so often, I stopped going into idiot-panic mode when a PK situation arose. If I can nail that with classes other than shapeshifters, I might just be able to learn how to PK. So thanks. Good luck with whatever you're doing now.

Ruhk (Guest)Thu 18-Dec-08 04:33 AM

#75176, "RE: My favorite villain."
In response to Reply #3

We had a lot of good fun fights and contarary to a commander picking on the herald it was always the other way. Three mages at the inn was dream dinner. I'm very glad you'd always come fight and I made it a point to mostly come after you at the Inn when (a) you were only mage around or (b) the only mage I could find. The hummingbird form was a startler when it got its special effect on me. Though I remember many of our fights interrupted by marans/scions/orcs etc it was always good sparring practice. Thanks for the fights. Cheers.

Alzinghul (Guest)Tue 09-Dec-08 08:40 PM

#74921, "This is not going to be a nice goodbye."
In response to Reply #0

First things first Imm'ing and then autodeleting is super Bleh. As a mort you were incredibly arrogant and one of the biggest assholes I've had to play against, this may have been only me who saw this side of you maybe it was on your bad day but full saccing/looting not sure which it was an Orc that you can kill with one song is very rediculous. I had a better time bantering/fighting with Aunkdunell. So I'm actually glad you're not around anymore.

Ruhk (Guest)Sat 13-Dec-08 01:19 AM

#75037, "RE: This is not going to be a nice goodbye."
In response to Reply #2

Your post just made me chuckle. Coming from someone who was perhaps the most hated full looter multi killer gang queen. Always around the eastern with a hoarde, Thymas and any shifter you could get your hands one to kill any solo rager you could get to and then full loot? I admit to the arrogance completely, purely because you deserved it. What can I say? Well played villian orc if you got on that many peoples nerves. Keep at it eh? To each his/her own.

Cheers,
Ruhk

Elhe (Guest)Sat 13-Dec-08 05:29 AM

#75041, "Thinking that orc should be solo killer somewhat dumb. ..."
In response to Reply #12

n/t

Abernytee (Guest)Sat 13-Dec-08 08:19 AM

#75045, "Given you don't think a Lich should be a solo killer ei..."
In response to Reply #13

~

Elhe (Guest)Sat 13-Dec-08 09:15 AM

#75046, "Aber. you know"
In response to Reply #15

You just crossed the line. Pity I've liked you. Not anymore though.

Beront (Guest)Sat 13-Dec-08 12:01 PM

#75051, "Well, he was a whinny all the time"
In response to Reply #16

Soft boy, sadly he was Grogrim back in the day.

Sletren (Guest)Tue 09-Dec-08 04:59 PM

#74914, "Dub-tee-eff"
In response to Reply #0

I still remember the fight we had at the desert in front of scion cabal, I got you to convulsing (thought you probably ahd feign weakness) and you got me just as hurt, I'd go heal, I'd come back and you'd be semi-healed, same thing, chased you around for a while while you wimpied and some how you ended up winning it, I think I stuck around at 50hp hoping to get lucky or something. I'd love to see the log if you have it.

Good times, I enjoyed fighting you and GLWYN..
autodelete sucks.

Ruhk (Guest)Thu 18-Dec-08 04:39 AM

#75178, "RE: Dub-tee-eff"
In response to Reply #1

That fight in the desert was def'n one of my best victories and my top three fights in a 700 hour char. Thanks. I'm sorry but I don't have any logs. I was hoping you did. The dire wolf was a bit too good to me in later days because I had chosen the 'weak' flaw and ran out of trains as I aged and my strength and dex dropped drastically. 15 and 21 I think, which made it more difficult to survive without a proper regear.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #74913 Previous topic | Next topic