Subject: "(DELETED) [BATTLE] Gahtho Vehgtal the Tenacious Stone, ..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #74819
Show all folders

Death_AngelSat 06-Dec-08 09:16 PM
Member since 02nd Oct 2024
17203 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#74819, "(DELETED) [BATTLE] Gahtho Vehgtal the Tenacious Stone, Drillmaster of Battle"

Sat Dec 6 20:15:42 2008

At 11 o'clock PM, Day of the Bull, 15th of the Month of the Ancient Darkness
on the Theran calendar Gahtho perished, never to return.

Race:svirfnebli
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:312

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Gahtho Vehgtal the Tenacious Sto..., Alzinghul (Guest), 07-Dec-08 08:43 PM, #17
Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Gahtho Vehgtal the Tenacious Sto..., Dark Priest, 07-Dec-08 09:41 PM, #18
Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Gahtho Vehgtal the Tenacious Sto..., Dastmalchi (Guest), 07-Dec-08 12:31 PM, #7
Reply About battle defenders..., Ckol (Guest), 07-Dec-08 01:49 PM, #8
Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Gahtho Vehgtal the Tenacious Sto..., Dark Priest, 07-Dec-08 04:32 PM, #10
Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Gahtho Vehgtal the Tenacious Sto..., Dark Priest, 07-Dec-08 01:03 AM, #1
     Reply Great Job, Yean, 07-Dec-08 02:13 AM, #2
     Reply RE: Great Job, Dark Priest, 07-Dec-08 02:17 AM, #3
          Reply Fyi..., Yean, 07-Dec-08 11:53 PM, #20
               Reply RE: Fyi..., Dark Priest, 08-Dec-08 12:17 AM, #21
     Reply Dude, Ahtieli2 (Guest), 07-Dec-08 05:41 AM, #4
     Reply RE: Dude, xherves (Guest), 07-Dec-08 08:59 AM, #6
     Reply RE: Dude, Dark Priest, 07-Dec-08 04:36 PM, #12
     Reply RE: Dude, Dark Priest, 07-Dec-08 04:35 PM, #11
     Reply Great work on Gahtho!, Zefta (Guest), 07-Dec-08 07:18 AM, #5
     Reply RE: Great work on Gahtho!, Dark Priest, 07-Dec-08 04:37 PM, #13
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Gahtho Vehgtal the Tenacious Sto..., Fjarn, 07-Dec-08 03:57 PM, #9
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Gahtho Vehgtal the Tenacious Sto..., Dark Priest, 07-Dec-08 04:39 PM, #14
     Reply Good times & rager thoughts, Waramanga (Guest), 07-Dec-08 06:59 PM, #15
          Reply RE: Good times & rager thoughts, guyincognito (Guest), 07-Dec-08 07:40 PM, #16
               Reply RE: Good times & rager thoughts, Dark Priest, 07-Dec-08 09:44 PM, #19

Alzinghul (Guest)Sun 07-Dec-08 08:43 PM

#74847, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Gahtho Vehgtal the Tenacious Sto..."
In response to Reply #0

We definitely had a strange relationship going on. You were one of the only villagers that I respected at all, you deserved a lot more than you got considering the current state of the village. I'm glad we got to interact, condolances about your bro. And I'll see you in the fields.

Alzinghul Chieftain of the Grinning Skulls

Dark PriestSun 07-Dec-08 09:41 PM
Member since 19th Dec 2003
205 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#74848, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Gahtho Vehgtal the Tenacious Sto..."
In response to Reply #17

I enjoyed the odd relationship we had. We may have tried to kill one another pretty much constantly but there was a high level of respect on both ends. I think you were the last to have that fire mantle we looted back and forth from one another, heh.

Keep up the good work, man. I really enjoyed your orc.

Dastmalchi (Guest)Sun 07-Dec-08 12:31 PM

#74835, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Gahtho Vehgtal the Tenacious Sto..."
In response to Reply #0

Great Job. Looking at the respect your enemies had for
you, you can only imagine how much your Ragers looked
up to you.

You were always completely understanding, even when a
guy like Dast pulls a totally rookie mistake, which he
does, often.

I'm pretty sure most of Battle would have followed you
into Hell if you had asked.

All in all, looking forward to your next, but in the
meantime, I'd love to hear your thoughts on that rare
creature, the Battle Defender.

Dastmalchi

Ckol (Guest)Sun 07-Dec-08 01:49 PM

#74836, "About battle defenders..."
In response to Reply #7

They rock. I LOVED both Berak and Ckol. Awesome with patches and poultice.

For ranking and exploring with a group that double block is awesome as well.

Not as deadly though, but still kickass and fun to play.

Dark PriestSun 07-Dec-08 04:32 PM
205 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#74839, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Gahtho Vehgtal the Tenacious Sto..."
In response to Reply #7

I really enjoyed Dast, thanks for the positive feedback. I got really attached to the Village, don't think I've ever been like that before. Maybe it was the way I was able to watch it change over time into what I thought battle should be.

Defenders are cool. Doubleblock when ranking just rocks and I can't say how many times patches and poultice helped saved my ass. I never realized poultice cured as many things as it did but maybe that was because of my edge, I dunno. I regreted not going berserker plenty of times, my PK ratio would have likely been better but you know what they say...the grass is always greener.

I'll be back in the Village without a doubt, likely with my next. So far, my current is keeping me entertained but we will see how that works out.

Best and again, thanks for the good times.

Dark PriestSun 07-Dec-08 12:59 AM
205 posts
#74822, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Gahtho Vehgtal the Tenacious Sto..."
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Sun 07-Dec-08 01:03 AM

Wow, what an amazing ride. I really wanted to see Gahtho con die instead of delete so that I might get some nifty echoes and maybe a spot on the pillar.

I didn't start Gahtho out with the intent of using a dwarven accent but it just seemed right for him, considering his time with dwarves I went for it. He worked with them as a younger, his best friend was one, as well as his goddess. I was a bit bummed my goddess' times went short, but thats the way it crumbles.

I loved my build, Dagger/flail with southernwinds and shadows. I later got harvest which rocks. Thanks! I had hoped I would get deathblow, but...meh. I can't complain.

I tried to be a good rager and once I became drillmaster, I think I became fairly strict on the villagers but tried not to be too much of an ass. I think I booted two people, was close to booting two others.

I wasn't going to participate in the rites but after talking to a few people I decided to take a shot. Was really bummed when I didn't win, aside from all the time and work I put into the Village I thought I took the Rites. Yeah, I know my con sucked, which was why I hesitated.

To be blunt, every time the new commander would log in (which wasn’t often) I just wanted to log out. I wasn't sure if my feelings were IC or OOC so I stayed on the safe side. I slowly began to feel more resentment. I think I met the new Commander once or twice, I would simply dismiss it as mismatched times but damn I played Gahtho a lot, heh.

To sum it up, I really enjoyed Gahtho and didn't want to delete but with the resentment of not making Commander (yeah, childish) and my brothers death on the third I just needed to step back. I am playing another character but one without any stress...for now.

I have a ton of goodbyes but I am horrible with names. If you post, I promise to reply.

Thanks for the great times, guys!

Edited to add past characters:
Tahel, Dihir, Dukreg, Farzelkep, Durjin, Dahltu, Xarto, Cyruil, and many others.

YeanSun 07-Dec-08 02:13 AM
Member since 23rd Jan 2007
275 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#74823, "Great Job"
In response to Reply #1

Liked Gahtho and enjoyed our little conversations here and there..thought he was an excellent Drillmaster with a lot of initiative, and who wasn't afraid to set his men straight. You handled the Village really well in the absence of a Commander.

While I think you would have made a good one, your con by the time of the rites was way too low for it. When you first sought Yean's advise, it was still somewhat decent enough for a bump. But could see it was gonna affect you tremendously should you not get the position, and that was why she didn't lie and told you it was gonna be an issue. It didn't help when it dropped to 4 the days leading up to the Rites either.

Roll up another Villager whenever you feel like one, you know you'd be more than welcomed. Players like you are what make the cabal. Finally, I'm truly sorry to hear about the loss of your brother, you have my deepest condolences. Do take care.

Dark PriestSun 07-Dec-08 02:17 AM
205 posts
#74824, "RE: Great Job"
In response to Reply #2

Thanks a ton for the postive comments! I really enjoyed our interactions as well and the Village has became my new favorite. I would have rolled one up right after Gahtho, to be honest, but the huts were full -whistles innocently- and I didn't want to wait till upper thirties to get in again.

YeanSun 07-Dec-08 11:53 PM
Member since 23rd Jan 2007
275 posts
#74851, "Fyi..."
In response to Reply #3

They're no longer very full after the purge plus some other deletions/con-deaths...

Dark PriestMon 08-Dec-08 12:17 AM
205 posts
#74854, "RE: Fyi..."
In response to Reply #20

Tease.

Ahtieli2 (Guest)Sun 07-Dec-08 05:41 AM

#74827, "Dude"
In response to Reply #1

you were outstanding villager. You did not throw away your rp, nor find shady excuses for ganging. Wish there were more villagers like you.

I think you got the feeling that ahtieli liked you

xherves (Guest)Sun 07-Dec-08 08:59 AM

#74830, "RE: Dude"
In response to Reply #4

alot ofrespect to gahtho... we had some good fights, but seemed i had the upper hand on you if i used preps : -)

hope you return soon

Dark PriestSun 07-Dec-08 04:36 PM
205 posts
#74841, "RE: Dude"
In response to Reply #6

I agree. When you were prepped, I generally tended to loose. I tried to just wait out your preps and draw the fight out as long as I could.

Props.

Dark PriestSun 07-Dec-08 04:35 PM
205 posts
#74840, "RE: Dude"
In response to Reply #4

Ahtieli and Gahtho had an odd relationship but I will keep most of that to myself until Ahtieli is gone. I think Gahtho saw a side of Ahtieli that not many others did, but who knows. I loved the time you made that certain offer, I was grinning quite a bit behind my keyboard.

Keep up the good work and grats on liching!

Zefta (Guest)Sun 07-Dec-08 07:18 AM

#74829, "Great work on Gahtho!"
In response to Reply #1

I really enjouyed our fights and interactions. I was 100% certain you'd be the next commander. But well, that's the way it is...

Hope you return with something cool soon, my next might be a villager... ^^

Dark PriestSun 07-Dec-08 04:37 PM
205 posts
#74842, "RE: Great work on Gahtho!"
In response to Reply #5

I enjoyed our secret talks about things I won't reveal until your gone as well but I am sure you know what I mean. Good work, keep it up!

FjarnSun 07-Dec-08 03:57 PM
Member since 03rd Jun 2008
173 posts
#74838, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Gahtho Vehgtal the Tenacious Sto..."
In response to Reply #1

It's hard to be in the position you were in. You were the de facto Commander for quite a while, and I thought you did a good job of motivating the troops and keeping them in line. You had the respect of your men, which is important and actually kind of hard to achieve in this game. Though you didn't have the official title, you made a fine Commander.

Even though you didn't "win", I'm glad you participated in the Rites. I think it would have been disappointing had you not shown up to put your men to the test. I definitely understand your frustration - by any other standard, you were a shoe-in for Commander. But the Rites are a level playing field, and that's an important tradition in the cabal. If you go in expecting a win, there's a good chance you'll be disappointed.

Anyway, I'm glad you enjoyed Gahtho as much as you did, even if you deleted on a bit of a sour note. You're doing what I would do - take a relaxing follow-up character and enjoy some different aspects of the game. When you're up to it, come on back

Dark PriestSun 07-Dec-08 04:39 PM
205 posts
#74843, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Gahtho Vehgtal the Tenacious Sto..."
In response to Reply #9

Thanks. I remember back when you immed and you seem to have stayed true to your character since then. Gods I hated your choice on Drillmaster back then lol

I really enjoyed the few talks we had, especially the one about war when I was still an applicant.

Keep it up and I hope to see a religion from you soon (poke), I may be one of your first followers!

Waramanga (Guest)Sun 07-Dec-08 06:59 PM

#74844, "Good times & rager thoughts"
In response to Reply #1

When I was only level 15 or so I had not planned very far ahead. New forms were in and their damage output was insane. I did not think anything special of how well my character was going, but then after seeing you and a certain assassin I figured why not go for being a rager and I could play it from there.

I was playing two other characters along the way at the same time , because getting into battle was taking WAY TO LONG. You were not even in when we first met, rec's came and went, leaders and drillmasters lived and died. It was only after we three were re-united that I got in. I'd like to thank you for the swift induction without a grilling. You knew that I had been roughing it , and for a long time.

I must admit I liked your character as a whole, some of your call's were bad judgement in my view but that is mainly because of my views being old school rager. I still remember cabal antics from back when battle was in Arkham and the masters cabal was through the galaxy. I would have to agree with you regarding the rites and the Commander, I tried to give as much backing behind your character as I possibly could.

Ps: Jumping the gun on the rites was more intentional than anything else. Afterall, you did have the defilement dagger against my cloud giant ass. I needed an edge and that was the swiftest way possible to get one.

Every time I look at dagger specs and defenders, I was around with jinroh as well, I think that they have it fairly easy. The rate at which they can healup I think should be rolled into every villager.

With how underpowered ragers are now, compared to other cabals and all the powerfull items in the game, they really do need a edge.

Allowing ragers to use any healer in the game would be a good start, before ragers could roam around and use any healer. Now half of them are chained to crawling distance from the village.

People complain about rager ganging, simple solution q return
People complain about ragers being tough, you can get far more prep as a non rager and you can use far more nifty items and preps.
People complain about deathblow, It can be parried, blocked, dodged. Hardly reliable, I remember mauling with deathblow on a mage with a weight 50 axe and trapping. Hardly fearsome.

Make ragers feared again, combine all of them.

guyincognito (Guest)Sun 07-Dec-08 07:40 PM

#74845, "RE: Good times & rager thoughts"
In response to Reply #15

"People complain about rager ganging, simple solution q return"

That isn't the point.

Dark PriestSun 07-Dec-08 09:44 PM
205 posts
#74849, "RE: Good times & rager thoughts"
In response to Reply #16

I really enjoyed my interactions with the character but I have to agree, "rager" and "ganging" shouldn't be two words that go together.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #74819 Previous topic | Next topic