Subject: "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Mogudinfabu the Navigator of the S..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #74618
Show all folders

Death_AngelSun 30-Nov-08 04:24 PM
Member since 02nd Oct 2024
17203 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#74618, "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Mogudinfabu the Navigator of the Seas"

Sun Nov 30 15:23:04 2008

At 5 o'clock PM, Day of the Bull, 22nd of the Month of the Frost Giant
on the Theran calendar Mogudinfabu perished, never to return.

Race:felar
Class:ranger
Level:39
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:38

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Liked Explorer, Mogudinfabu (Guest), 30-Nov-08 04:42 PM, #1
     Reply Those mephits can be blinded, fwiw, Nererial (Guest), 30-Nov-08 06:49 PM, #2
     Reply RE: Those mephits can be blinded, fwiw, Mogudinfabu (Guest), 01-Dec-08 08:20 AM, #4
     Reply Whew. Relief., Irhedieh (Guest), 01-Dec-08 12:22 AM, #3
          Reply RE: Whew. Relief., Mogudinfabu (Guest), 01-Dec-08 08:24 AM, #5
               Reply Reply, Irhedieh (Guest), 01-Dec-08 12:23 PM, #6
                    Reply RE: Reply, Mogudinfabu (Guest), 01-Dec-08 12:47 PM, #7

Mogudinfabu (Guest)Sun 30-Nov-08 04:42 PM

#74619, "Liked Explorer"
In response to Reply #0

First time with the explorer expertise. Definitely useful to others. I also played bedouin because I wanted to play around with Dervish Dance. However, the more I tried to pk with the class as I advanced, the more I realized that bedouins are screwed. No entangle, no bearcharge, no snare, and the expertise I chose didn't bring anything to the table to help. Fun times, though. I liked having multi-hour dirt kick anywhere.

*BUG* I was auto dirt-kicking on the water and against creatures that normally can't be blinded (like the ooze mephits in Maethiin).

As I posted on Dios, I'm having a bit of a ranger kick right now. I'll be playing more. PK'd a few people before getting into Fortress. The only person who killed me was an arial beastmaster. That perma-lag stuff is pretty nice.

If you comment on me, I'll comment back. Enjoyed my time with this character.

Nererial (Guest)Sun 30-Nov-08 06:49 PM

#74629, "Those mephits can be blinded, fwiw"
In response to Reply #1

Seems the elementals can't be, but the mephits can.

Mogudinfabu (Guest)Mon 01-Dec-08 08:20 AM

#74638, "RE: Those mephits can be blinded, fwiw"
In response to Reply #2

Maybe with a spell? All I know is that when I tried to dirt kick them, it gave me one of those fail messages like "you can try, but it won't do you any good". Hell if I know.

Irhedieh (Guest)Mon 01-Dec-08 12:22 AM

#74632, "Whew. Relief."
In response to Reply #1

You could have been a huge thorn in my side. Multi-hour dirt kick allowed you to control the fights - it forced me to sit on the road to keep you from ambushing me. I try not to poach Fortress too much but you were a definite benefit to them (obviously not just because of me, the few times I manage to be able to play).

Feel free to post the log if you have it. I lost the first half but I did catch the latter part in my buffer. And yes, I did prep.

Good job, looking forward to whatever you throw in next.

Mogudinfabu (Guest)Mon 01-Dec-08 08:24 AM

#74639, "RE: Whew. Relief."
In response to Reply #3

I wanted you to be my test in ranger vs. ranger combat. However, that bearcharge was a pain.

My plan was to get to dervish dance and get the edge where you get an extra attack if they can't see you. My theory about DD is that it'll hit vulns and you can't flee out in the middle of one. It does pretty good damage, too. But, if A) I can't get a command in because of bearcharging, and B) I can't keep you there, it would have done no good.

Out of curiosity, what was the longest the dirt kick lasted?

Irhedieh (Guest)Mon 01-Dec-08 12:23 PM

#74644, "Reply"
In response to Reply #5

Dirt kick on an unentered command was 0 hours.

Dirt kick on an entered command was 1 hour, so two ticks, which could have led to a nasty ambush.

I seem to recall dirt kick lasting longer when in the desert but that very well could be my tired mind (and many characters ago).

I'd like to have seen dervish dance. I've never seen it with an active character.

Mogudinfabu (Guest)Mon 01-Dec-08 12:47 PM

#74645, "RE: Reply"
In response to Reply #6

I think I recall seeing an animist with it once. His staff was doing devastates and oblits on Calandaryl skeletons. Pretty nice considering all the maledictions he seemed able to inflict.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #74618 Previous topic | Next topic