Subject: "(DELETED) [NEXUS] Taldash the Master of Vision" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #74461
Show all folders

Death_AngelTue 25-Nov-08 03:12 AM
Member since 02nd Oct 2024
17203 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#74461, "(DELETED) [NEXUS] Taldash the Master of Vision"

Tue Nov 25 02:11:48 2008

At 10 o'clock AM, Day of the Bull, 1st of the Month of the Heat
on the Theran calendar Taldash perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:thief
Level:31
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:NEXUS, Nexus, Seekers of Balance
Hours:72

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply That's too bad., Daevryn, 25-Nov-08 09:09 AM, #1
     Reply RE: That's too bad., RealShea, 25-Nov-08 09:48 AM, #2
          Reply Man o man o man, Kassibaz (Guest), 25-Nov-08 12:52 PM, #3
          Reply That should read "I was not so much frustrated at you....., Kassibaz (Guest), 25-Nov-08 12:53 PM, #4
          Reply The irony is..., RealShea, 25-Nov-08 01:56 PM, #5
          Reply RE: That's too bad., daresh (Guest), 26-Nov-08 10:39 AM, #6

DaevrynTue 25-Nov-08 09:09 AM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#74464, "That's too bad."
In response to Reply #0

Definitely one of my favorite Nexus at the moment.

RealSheaTue 25-Nov-08 09:48 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
68 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#74465, "RE: That's too bad."
In response to Reply #1

Thanks for the induction. I couldn't actually tell if I was doing things the right way or the wrong way when it came to the whole Nexus thing anyway, since prior to the leader vote, I was the only one on when I was around. After that, Kassibaz was the only one that I interacted with, and for the most part I think I must have driven him nuts with how ineffectual I was.

I'd have probably stuck around if I saw any sort of a glimmer of hope regarding trap deployment (or at least my base understanding of it). I chalked up the knock-out trap misses on Rynald to my trap level ingrediants. Then, when Iobi walked through....6 or so (at 7 levels below me), I thought it was maybe dex based. The final straw though was watching Lugg walk through 19 of 20 knock-out traps as a cloud giant (I don't think I'm exxagerating the number here, I had to go back to get more knock-out ingrediants because I'd used all the ones I had on me). Considering I'd made this char to try out the trap path along with some exploration into scrolls, but there's really no chance to use the scrolls when the ragers don't get knocked out. Trapper thieves have always seemed somewhat epic and romantic to me, but darned if I can figure them out. Given my limited playing time, I figured it was best to move along to something a bit more 'here and now' rewarding.

I had a couple of good moments where I did use a scroll or two that I thought was pretty fun on Rynald and Iobi, and hopefully, at the time, they were somewhat surprised. It was fun fighting the few people that I did (and since I stink at PK, it's always entertaining, despite my beatdowns) and thanks everyone for keeping it positive. I ran up against a lot of ragers, but I thought them a very decent lot.

Kassibaz (Guest)Tue 25-Nov-08 12:52 PM

#74475, "Man o man o man"
In response to Reply #2

Where do I begin... I was actually keeping a counter on notepad of how many traps failed, I was completely astonished when it got up to 0/12 and then finally one hit (not a knock out trap). We even planned it perfectly once and well... failed. I was so much frustratted at you but by how unlucky you were. I could never make a trapper given what I have seen while playing. Anyway, good luck with the next it was fun running with you while it lasted!

Kassibaz (Guest)Tue 25-Nov-08 12:53 PM

#74476, "That should read "I was not so much frustrated at you....."
In response to Reply #3

asfd

RealSheaTue 25-Nov-08 01:56 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
68 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#74478, "The irony is..."
In response to Reply #3

...that I had the 'Lucky' edge.

daresh (Guest)Wed 26-Nov-08 10:39 AM

#74493, "RE: That's too bad."
In response to Reply #2

sorry man, when I heard that you were a trapper my heart broke, and I knew it wouldnt take long before I would see you here. damage traps were wonderful, especially having 7 even in a single room, they also maledict. As my trapper I got to about 100 in knock out traps, literally farming for gold over and over and placing one each time I could. Then boom, its at 100. burst trap at 100.
I failed well over 90% of the time, and not having any form of blackjacking ability on my char. meh.
As you can guess, my char was tossed too. The trapper path was never fixed, its been broken for years like this, and is why noone plays it. I was hoping it was by now, but nope. We both hit that one. Otherwise grats for experimenting man, few people do that, and sorry again your char didnt work out.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #74461 Previous topic | Next topic