Subject: "Bye for now." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #74110
Show all folders

flatlineWed 12-Nov-08 02:52 PM
Member since 10th Jul 2008
60 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#74110, "Bye for now."

Well it is time for me to take a break. I realise that pretty much all of you will have no idea who I am, but I have tended to just sit back and read what is going on and keep my opinions to myself.
Have had lots of good times, and a few really crappy ones, but thats life.
I first played CF in 96 and came back to it about 5 years ago for a bit of nostalgia, and well, here I am now. Had a couple of extended breaks in between, but that is the nature of my work and will continue to be till there is some sort of affordable sattelite broadband or the like with global coverage.
This break is the result of frustration. I am by no means whining or the like, just feel that when things cease to be fun then its time to step away and take a deep breath. I have no doubt at all that I will be back in the fields, that really is just a matter of time.

Cheers for the good times, and take it easy.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Zefta (Guest)Wed 12-Nov-08 05:21 PM

#74114, "Sad to see another one go but..."
In response to Reply #0

We all know you'll be back. Most likely sooner than later.

flatline. (Guest)Wed 12-Nov-08 06:04 PM

#74115, "RE: Sad to see another one go but..."
In response to Reply #1

There is no doubt to that really.

I have a fair bit on my plate just now and really need to spend most of my free time dealing with it. Not saying I am the only one, what with you being a new parent and all. I have a certification exam in just under a month and I am feeling the fear, who said a change in career direction was easy :p. I still have a hell of a lot of ideas that I have gone nowhere near exploring in the game, nothing like being on a ship for 7 months to give you time to think up a role or eighty.

I just feel, for now, that it is in my interests to take a breather and get things in order before rolling a new character. And hell, come next year, I will have 6 months paid leave a year, so I should have plenty of time to get to trying out some of the stuff that I want to.

Thanks for the thoughts.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #74110 Previous topic | Next topic