Subject: "(RAGE DELETE) [TRIBUNAL] Rynim the Knight of the Apocal..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #73701
Show all folders

Death_AngelFri 31-Oct-08 06:20 PM
Member since 01st Oct 2024
17200 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#73701, "(RAGE DELETE) [TRIBUNAL] Rynim the Knight of the Apocalypse, Magistrate of Hamsah Mu'tazz"

Fri Oct 31 17:19:23 2008

At 2 o'clock PM, Day of Freedom, 25th of the Month of the Battle
on the Theran calendar Rynim perished, never to return.

Race:half-drow
Class:anti-paladin
Level:36
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:TRIBUNAL, the Blood Tribunal
Hours:107

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Bleh, Torak, 01-Nov-08 01:57 AM, #1
     Reply Ah, I didn't think this post was actually coming., Gaoreto (Guest), 01-Nov-08 03:34 AM, #2
     Reply I agree, Torak, 01-Nov-08 03:03 PM, #7
     Reply I liked you...., Korrock (Guest), 01-Nov-08 04:13 AM, #3
     Reply Let me explain something, Torak, 01-Nov-08 02:24 PM, #5
     Reply I must be that 10%., Forsakens (Guest), 01-Nov-08 09:17 AM, #4
     Reply Reading this..., Daevryn, 01-Nov-08 02:58 PM, #6
          Reply I'm not saying he was all that, Torak, 01-Nov-08 03:06 PM, #8

TorakSat 01-Nov-08 01:56 AM
Member since 15th Feb 2007
1216 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#73709, "Bleh"
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Sat 01-Nov-08 01:57 AM

I'll save you reading the goodbye and just kind of sum it up - I could have gone far with this guy having but with the worst wand set it just wasn't worth the effort.

I spent a long time on his early pk wins (my guess is 10:1 ratio with 90% solo or so but I really didn't keep track). I even kept going since I did the boring ass practicing but having pretty much the worst wand set and having my amber moved was too much. Probably could have made Vindicator with enough work, if I could tolerate the Provost, since my guy's roleplay was pretty decent. Sorry Tlingit but making up Laws and punishing someone for using summon "offensively" is just wrong and shows your lack of understanding - Iomahk rolls in his grave! I wanted to try and follow Marcatis (since he's the only Tribunal Immortal) but after complete shutdown because I was evil....just kind of bleh in that department. I know the helpfile is somewhat specific but figured I'd at least try. My suggestion would be to at least roleplay a second Immortal or have someone else make a Tribunal Immortal with a religion that's evil - but one Immortal for an entire cabal who won't even talk to evils is just too restrictive and makes for a very lackluster environment. It's almost as bad as Scion without Beroxus :-/

I really think the wand system should change - but I've honestly no good solution for it. It was discussed at length on the other forums but again I don't know a way of fixing it. I try to play for fun and not having barrier against villagers or with my aggressive nature against groups is not fun because the RNG just seems to hate me. Is it overpowered? In certain situations, yes (a lot of them including despoil) but in general I still think it's a necessity for a solid AP or fighting deathblow. Could I have used non-sleeks? Of course - I was forced to after my amber moved (still think those people should have at least got a hint of where it was moved to) and let me tell you it's not fun. What's fun about struggling to find sources for every fight when another set you can have full a/b/s with zero effort in under 5 minutes? When everyone is fighting for limited wands that have less uses or last drastically shorter in length...bleh (6 versus 20+ hours). Could I have toughed it out without sleeks? Yes but is it really worth it when you're trying to have fun when playing an AP where one death can ruin the last twenty fights? If I wanted randomness, I'd play a shifter. Somehow the system needs to be fixed....

I could have kept killing solo or small groups by either using sleep or surprise kills, but that day when I had to ask Tribunal for a barrier wand so I could kill a villager criminal with bloodthirst.... just made me realize it was time to just end it. Prior to that I was just being fed by a randomnly nice shifter (thanks!) but it felt bad to rely on others. That and Satebos told me completely in-character I should delete and reroll a "twin that would come from your permanent suicide death". That made me laugh

Oh well.

-torak

Gaoreto (Guest)Sat 01-Nov-08 03:34 AM

#73710, "Ah, I didn't think this post was actually coming."
In response to Reply #1

You attacked me quite a few times, I remember. Mostly I seemed to have run you off within a couple rounds and I got to sit there blinded for a while. A few times you got me in bad situations though (and used lightning bolt) and I had to actually get out of there.

In any case, I was looking forward to possible RP opportunities between us in the future, but I can perfectly understand your reasons for deleting. In fact, you being upset about your wand locations likely made my IC trash talk seem more than just the little bit of fun I was having. Gah, this character has taken quite a beating lately with deletions and such. You're actually the least of it, though I had some great plans.

As an addendum - yes, the a/b/s and deathblow situation has been nuts for quite a while now, and I also have no solid ideas that would fix it. One thing I tend to keep in mind is that the balance for a/b/s is much better than playing a non-mage and having to fight vs deathblow with limited hard to find preps.

TorakSat 01-Nov-08 03:03 PM
1216 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#73723, "I agree"
In response to Reply #2

Heh, I hope you didn't get to worked up after me hunting you like that and finding you everywhere you were practicing (although I never found your latest spot). I kept trying finesse by blinding but quickly realized you were actually paying attention during practice so you would just flee - hence the lightning to try and kill you quick as possible. I was looking forward to some talks but I will admit that some of the IC trash was getting to me (mostly since I got it from a lot of people, even when I would attack entire groups without barrier).

Anyways, it was fun. And yeah, I haven't played a non-protection class in awhile because of that simple fact. Seeing the orc chief lose 1200 HP in two rounds to one person just makes me cry inside.

Korrock (Guest)Sat 01-Nov-08 04:13 AM

#73711, "I liked you...."
In response to Reply #1

You were steady with the takes on mid-range criminals. I was impressed by that consistency. But I sincerely doubt you are capable of bringing that heat at the hero range. With any class combination.

Obviously, that's the interpretation of one cabal elder to one player, and maybe your skills extend well beyond what I saw, but if you're going to call out Tlingit, I'm going to call you out.

He's (Tlingit) clearly an established character, and the (law) agenda he plays by is consistent. If his "roleplay" interferes with your character or agenda, you're obligated, as a tribunal underling and character player, to find a way (to cope with or deal) around that. Not the other way around.

The sleek situation sucks. But it's not the "be all, end all" of a mage character. If you're that dependent, play something else. If you're as quick and skilled as the character I saw, there's no reason you should have deleted. In my eyes, you completely wimped out.

Good luck with your next.

TorakSat 01-Nov-08 02:23 PM
1216 posts
#73721, "Let me explain something"
In response to Reply #3
Edited on Sat 01-Nov-08 02:24 PM

...first off, it has nothing to do with Tlingit's roleplay. His whole "badge" ceremonies or "bloodoath reciting" requirements in the beginning isn't that big of a deal, nor do I directly have a problem with how he talks (non-English native obviously) - it's how he interprets the law. The reprimand of Nuthath for "offensive summoning" is just one example of many times where he pulled stuff out of nowhere and said it was law. If he knew that I would summon villagers to the hidden room, I would probably have been kicked and yet tribunals have been doing it for years. The whole comment about "Iomahk rolls in his grave!" is true because a cabal leader is allowed to just make stuff up like that and not really called on it. I've even asked him about said rolling Too bad he's in Iraq now...

And the whole bit about me wimping out for not playing an AP without sleeks, I'd like to see you survive at hero without sanctuary for a week. Name one badass AP who didn't have a nice sleek set and popped them like candy. As I said earlier, I could have "toughed it out" and got my kills later on by guard rescues and being a general wuss in most fights but honestly why? I can just delete, remake and give it another shot to see if my sleek set isn't that bad. I can tolerate a set where you have to work for the barrier a little bit but there are just some that are not worth playing. Prove me wrong, make an AP and get that set and go to town but my guess is you'll delete like everyone else after the 5th death to double deathblow because your sleek was impossible to find or get without help.

Forsakens (Guest)Sat 01-Nov-08 09:17 AM

#73715, "I must be that 10%."
In response to Reply #1

DaevrynSat 01-Nov-08 02:58 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#73722, "Reading this..."
In response to Reply #1

I feel like you thought this character was tougher / a lot more of a standout than anyone else did. (I also can fairly say your PK ratio was significantly less promising than you guess.)

I'm just saying.

TorakSat 01-Nov-08 03:06 PM
1216 posts
#73724, "I'm not saying he was all that"
In response to Reply #6

I'm saying he was decent and had the potential to become a lot more standout assuming I could stomach the lack of sleeks. I ate a lot of deaths there in the end when I was winding out of control but I thought it was fairly good for quite awhile. You can't really judge a character for being "standout" at 36 like that in my opinion, especially as a tribunal.

The argument was more about lost potential because of a broken system and my inability to tolerate it than tooting my own horn - a system I don't have a solution to fix though besides just rerolling.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #73701 Previous topic | Next topic