Subject: "Jaisel deleted." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #73019
Show all folders

JavaFri 10-Oct-08 03:22 PM
Member since 07th Apr 2003
1055 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#73019, "Jaisel deleted."

I ranted over at QHCF.. but I'll try to avoid that here. If you want to know what pissed me off, check that out.

This was a fun character, for the most part. I tried HARD to get into a non-goodie character. But I just couldn't. The RP always felt forced (and crappy). So in a fit of annoyance, I rolled up Jaisel, with a half-assed role and really got into playing it.
There was a lot of nuances that I'm not sure anyone picked up on, but I tried.

I tried to play a dude who was really angry, but trying to live it down, and live up to his Elf Paladin daddy's expectation. So as a result, when I was around any authority figures (including most Elves and ANY paladins), I was basically a grovelling idiot. Anything they asked, I'd do. Also, I tried to show propper customs and courtesies to all the "good guys" as I saw them, just to show the respect I thought I was supposed to show.

But when dealing with enemies (and non-friends), IC I pretty much let all that go. I'd be an ass, lie, talk ####.. pretty much whatever I thought a tortured, pissed off assassin would do.

I just wanted to mention that, so people understand the whole picture. I don't think anyone, besides the Imms really got to see both sides, and it was kind of fun to play like that.

Here's a copy/paste of some goodbyes.. I wasn't really around that long, so it's pretty short.

Good guys:
Isendor, you're a solid char all the way around. You're the Paladin Llondo should have been, if I sucked less.
Una-pirate, I dunno why, but I liked the whole sailor thing you had going. Seemed kinda cheesy, but cheesy is good sometimes.
Goganop.. you seem like you're all about being a badass, with just enough RP to get by. But it takes all kinds, so I can't complain. You do have the badass part down though. That fight in the arena was just plain embarassing.. but I don't know what else I could have done.
Volubryotr, I tried to push you, dude. The rest is up to you.
Iltanthal, you were a good Captain, for the day or two that we were around together.

Enemies..
Zefta, you always put up a good fight. I respect that.
Eleia, I felt bad about what happened in Aturi. I won't go into it here again (read QHCF), but I was genuinely conflicted with how to handle that. Given the situation though, I made the choice. If it was a genuine link drop, then so be it.. it's not like we didn't both know you'd be killing me back soon enough.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: Jaisel deleted., Isendor (Guest), 13-Oct-08 04:46 PM, #29
Reply Later gator, Goganop (Guest), 11-Oct-08 11:02 AM, #24
Reply The little I met Jaisel, well, I somewhat liked you..., Zefta (Guest), 11-Oct-08 10:05 AM, #23
Reply Sorry Java but you are ......, Beront (Guest), 10-Oct-08 11:14 PM, #18
Reply I explained my perspective., Java, 11-Oct-08 05:14 AM, #21
Reply Amen Beront., TheManNamedSam (Guest), 11-Oct-08 12:06 PM, #27
Reply Damn, that's a shame, Ilbjorga (Guest), 10-Oct-08 10:52 PM, #17
Reply It wasn't vanity.., Java, 11-Oct-08 05:05 AM, #20
Reply RE: Jaisel deleted., Eleia (Guest), 10-Oct-08 10:09 PM, #15
Reply I think I only took one thing, aside from what you got ..., Java, 10-Oct-08 10:20 PM, #16
     Reply I just can't understand, Eleia (Guest), 11-Oct-08 11:15 AM, #25
          Reply You missed a sentence.., Java, 11-Oct-08 11:42 AM, #26
Reply Since you've deleted..., Zizzle (Guest), 10-Oct-08 09:27 PM, #13
Reply First, they weren't OOC.., Java, 10-Oct-08 09:45 PM, #14
     Reply RE: First, they weren't OOC.., Zizzle (Guest), 12-Oct-08 03:06 PM, #28
Reply Good sales pitch by the way., Volubryotr (Guest), 10-Oct-08 07:17 PM, #10
Reply Nah, I always liked Volu, Java, 10-Oct-08 07:36 PM, #11
     Reply RE: Nah, I always liked Volu, Volubryotr (Guest), 10-Oct-08 07:51 PM, #12
Reply Hmm., Kura (Guest), 10-Oct-08 06:37 PM, #7
Reply RE: Hmm., Daevryn, 10-Oct-08 06:59 PM, #8
Reply It ebbs and flows, of late it is ebbing., Theerkla, 11-Oct-08 07:56 AM, #22
     Reply People rather hoarde things than put them in the pit. n..., Scion (Guest), 15-Oct-08 03:06 PM, #30
Reply Yeah.. I had two really good sets when I was low/mid lv..., Java, 10-Oct-08 07:00 PM, #9
Reply After reading your QHCF thread., Alzinghul (Guest), 10-Oct-08 04:57 PM, #3
Reply Umm.. I shouldn't have to choose a class based on the p..., Java, 10-Oct-08 05:25 PM, #4
Reply RE: Jaisel deleted., Baiahlan (Guest), 10-Oct-08 04:03 PM, #1
     Reply Yep., Java, 10-Oct-08 04:08 PM, #2
          Reply RE: Yep., Baiahlan (Guest), 10-Oct-08 06:18 PM, #5
               Reply Yeah, you were good.., Java, 10-Oct-08 06:33 PM, #6
                    Reply RE: Yeah, you were good.., Baiahlan (Guest), 10-Oct-08 11:16 PM, #19

Isendor (Guest)Mon 13-Oct-08 04:46 PM

#73115, "RE: Jaisel deleted."
In response to Reply #0

I enjoyed Jaisel quite a bit. You even made it into my role. Go you.

When I first interviewed you I wasn't sure how well you would do, but you certainly developed over time. In the end, I was totally gunning for you to get the Captain spot and felt like we worked nicely together.

Sorry you got looted man, but ya know...you've been playing long enough to expect that by now. Haven't you?

Good luck with your next.

Goganop (Guest)Sat 11-Oct-08 11:02 AM

#73049, "Later gator"
In response to Reply #0

Goganop.. you seem like you're all about being a badass, with just enough RP to get by. But it takes all kinds, so I can't complain. You do have the badass part down though. That fight in the arena was just plain embarassing.. but I don't know what else I could have done.

Well I am not going to lie RP is not my strong suit, that said I try to let my role play out in the way I treat people as opposed to lots of emotes. But admittedly I have never had a great track record with it but I try. Keep in mind that I went from rank 30 to hero in a day and a half so a lot of those relationships you build along the way just did not have time to form.

I thought jaisel was ok, I am honestly surprised you got maran because half the time I was itching to just bash you down myself at first but after a few days you cooled off. My impression of you was that you essentially just wanted to pk and would take absolutly any glimmer of an excuse to go after anyone but I supose in light of trying to be borderline evil that makes sense.

Really there is a middle road between being a llond and being a jaisel where you can be good and not seem like a prick some of the time because honestly when you were not being the diet evil I enjoyed being around you and thought you had potential. Anyways you have come a long way since being the flame king of dios and for that I applaud you. Good luck with your next.

Zefta (Guest)Sat 11-Oct-08 10:05 AM

#73048, "The little I met Jaisel, well, I somewhat liked you..."
In response to Reply #0

That last fight was kinda cool. But the first impression was when you looted my corpse when I died against a mishmash of fort/scion dudes at the Maran. (You didn't loot much though so never let it colour my thoughts about you really. heh Would have done the same)

I like your chars, so I hope you come with a new one soon.

Beront (Guest)Fri 10-Oct-08 11:14 PM

#73041, "Sorry Java but you are ......"
In response to Reply #0

--I felt bad about what happened in Aturi. I won't go into it here again (read QHCF), but I was genuinely conflicted with how to handle that. Given the situation though, I made the choice. If it was a genuine link drop, then so be it.. it's not like we didn't both know you'd be killing me back soon enough.--

Thats what I like about non ESL players (mostly only non ESL players pull such #### in their farewels) that if you do the #### you always say - SORRY, I DIDN'T WANT TO DO IT! THINGS JUST HAPPEND! I AM SO SORRY. But the truth is - you did it, you wanted this. Do not try to make your #### smell like the flower. I killed people in lost link as well. But I never tryed to cover it and I will not.

Sorry Java. GFY. Bye.

JavaSat 11-Oct-08 05:14 AM
1055 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#73045, "I explained my perspective."
In response to Reply #18

And it was the truth. I genuinely did think it was a borderline ####ty thing to do. And for about 5 seconds I debated how to react o it. But if the game recognized his LD he probably would have been slayed. That was pretty much the clincher for me.

I'm not making excuses, just stating the fact. If you don't like it, I personally don't give a ####.

TheManNamedSam (Guest)Sat 11-Oct-08 12:06 PM

#73052, "Amen Beront."
In response to Reply #18

Your one redeemable quality is that you don't try to hide the asshole within.

Ilbjorga (Guest)Fri 10-Oct-08 10:52 PM

#73040, "Damn, that's a shame"
In response to Reply #0

Liked what I've seen or heard of you. I've felt the aura of vanity around you when you got Maran but I didn't really mind, you weren't bossy at all, you were competent and you knew what to do when to do it. Was fun to powerrank in that exp week-end.

Hope to see your new incarnation with my current char, I'm sure this is going to be either a good fight or a good conversation.

GLWYN

JavaSat 11-Oct-08 05:05 AM
1055 posts
#73044, "It wasn't vanity.."
In response to Reply #17

I assume you're referring to me calling you "Squire Ilbjorga" or whatever. But I did that with everyone, starting wit lvl 1. Basically, it was my way of calling everyone who was worthwhile "Mister Jones" or whatever, instead of "Mike".

Sorry if it rubbed you the wrong way. Apparently a few of this chars quirks rubbed a few people the wrong way. Not my intent, but I guess it happens.

Eleia (Guest)Fri 10-Oct-08 10:09 PM

#73038, "RE: Jaisel deleted."
In response to Reply #0

Well, on your place I'd more likely do the same And looted like you did. So peace. What I didn't like though was your crying after I looted your corpse. You did ####ty thing, was you expecting me to allow you live without punishment? Besides all I managed to take was your girdle, one or two crapy items and things you took from me.

JavaFri 10-Oct-08 10:20 PM
1055 posts
#73039, "I think I only took one thing, aside from what you got ..."
In response to Reply #15

Just the boots, if memory serves. Everything else was either exactly what I lost when I died before, or a replacement for what I lost.

I thought it was ####ed that when I died I got full looted, but when we killed you THREE times that day, you didn't get full looted once (including once when one of our Pallys gave you gear back, after you looted me). I would think that kind of behavior would be reciprocated.

Yeah, I got you when you lost link in the middle of a fight. But it was a fight you (at the time, at least) were losing pretty bad. So.. I don't see how you could be too pissed about that. It could have just as easily have been an Imm slay, if the game recognized you dropping.

Eleia (Guest)Sat 11-Oct-08 11:15 AM

#73050, "I just can't understand"
In response to Reply #16

are you just an idiot or f...cking lier? That fight was lost by you believe it or not. If you say you were winning it that only means that you won't even escape the death there just because you have no f..cking clue what bard can do and what bard can't.

You get the girdle of endless space from the corpse of Jaisel.
You get the helm of brilliance from the corpse of Jaisel.
You get a tarnished silver ring from the corpse of Jaisel.
You get some worn studded leather leggings from the corpse of Jaisel.
You get a pair of spike-toed boots from the corpse of Jaisel.
***mine
You get a phylactery of fortitude from the corpse of Jaisel.
***mine
The hide of the Ancient White Dragon: you can't carry that much weight.
You get an aquamarine bracelet from the corpse of Jaisel.
***mine
A shield from the hide of a snow worm: you can't carry that much weight.
You get a potion of transportation from the corpse of Jaisel.
The Blade of Burning Wasps: you can't carry that much weight.

JavaSat 11-Oct-08 11:42 AM
1055 posts
#73051, "You missed a sentence.."
In response to Reply #25

Everything else was either exactly what I lost when I died before, or a replacement for what I lost.

I took the boots, which was the item I referred. When I died at the Palace before, I lost a bracelet and whatever I had on my arms (might have even been the phylactery.. I don't remember).

And as far as me saying I was "winning" the fight, I'll say it just one more time, I'm basing that on when I noticed you were no longer there, not on when you actually lost link. I'm seriously don't arguing about it though. Believe what you want to believe.

Zizzle (Guest)Fri 10-Oct-08 09:27 PM

#73036, "Since you've deleted..."
In response to Reply #0

Were your OOC tells bitching about my name meant to be ironic?

JavaFri 10-Oct-08 09:45 PM
1055 posts
#73037, "First, they weren't OOC.."
In response to Reply #13

Jaisel hated Drows more than anything, for IC reasons. He made a lot of childish insults and taunts to people he really really didn't like. It was part of the role. I actually tried to go a little overboard with it sometimes, just to try to show that it was IC and not OOC whines.

But yeah, I did kind of thing it was a dumb name OOC too. I think we had a thread on QHCF talking about what I thought of you. I won't elaborate while you're still alive. Our chars didn't even really interact, aside from that time you looted me in Galadon.

I have no idea why you think it's ironic though. Something wrong with the name Jaisel

Zizzle (Guest)Sun 12-Oct-08 03:06 PM

#73079, "RE: First, they weren't OOC.."
In response to Reply #14

>I have no idea why you think it's ironic though. Something
>wrong with the name Jaisel

Because going OOC to bitch about poor RP would be ironic. Tells like "Nice name" to me smack of OOC'ness. Maybe hypocritical is a better term.

Volubryotr (Guest)Fri 10-Oct-08 07:17 PM

#73032, "Good sales pitch by the way."
In response to Reply #0

I never did get to tell you...
You spoke so well that I took the advice.

I liked Jaisel and all, but after reading the
above I guess maybe it was just cow-towing
to pallys?

Hope you don't get too pissed off at the whole
shebang. Even when Java characters piss me off
to no end, I think the game is more fun with them
around. and usually in the end I end up 'liking'
them, but then I'm one who is TOO aware that we are
messing around with other people not text creations.
Have fun with the next.

-Volu

JavaFri 10-Oct-08 07:36 PM
1055 posts
#73033, "Nah, I always liked Volu"
In response to Reply #10

I liked you as Llondo, and I liked you as Jaisel.

I wouldn't have pushed you if I didn't think you could handle it, from an IC and OOC perspective.

I'm curious though, how my characters end up pissing you off though.

Volubryotr (Guest)Fri 10-Oct-08 07:51 PM

#73034, "RE: Nah, I always liked Volu"
In response to Reply #11

Hehe After I'm dead I'll post a character list since I
don't think I have in a while, and I think you'll see
some of it.

Until then. First "even when" means only some.
In opposing cabals, I don't think we ever had a
problem it tended to be along the 'respected enemy'
bit. (or because I mostly suck in PK the give the
sucker a break? from your end?? Hehe) In the same
cabal there are times we take such differing outlooks
on the same thing that we give each other the 'cold
shoulder'. When that happened I still ended up liking
the character ooc (sometimes it took a while HAR!)
I guess that is the best way I can explain it.

-Volu

Kura (Guest)Fri 10-Oct-08 06:37 PM

#73029, "Hmm."
In response to Reply #0

From moment you saw me you seemed to be itching for a fight and i was more then happy to give it to you. I wanted to fight you once more at least.

You certainly had alot of shinies when we danced around level 25-30. If i die i'd probably only lose one item since thats often all thats worth taking on me. Even if you got full looted not sure why you couldn't just be a bit patient with easy to get stuff and pick the good stuff up again from your cabal's pit when they appear.

Anyways good luck on your next.

DaevrynFri 10-Oct-08 06:59 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#73030, "RE: Hmm."
In response to Reply #7

>Even if you got full
>looted not sure why you couldn't just be a bit patient with
>easy to get stuff and pick the good stuff up again from your
>cabal's pit when they appear.

My experience with the Fort pit is clearly much more underwhelming than yours.

TheerklaSat 11-Oct-08 07:55 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1055 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#73046, "It ebbs and flows, of late it is ebbing."
In response to Reply #8
Edited on Sat 11-Oct-08 07:56 AM

There have been times when you had to scroll through several pages of gear just to figure out what is in the chest (same goes for Scion, and battle, tribunal and every other cabal other them empire fwiw) at the moment, however, you aren't likely to find much there.

I'm sure it's a grass is always greener sort of thing in that the people who rarely play fortress or good aligned characters just assume it's the land of wine and honey when it comes to getting free gear.

Scion (Guest)Wed 15-Oct-08 03:06 PM

#73158, "People rather hoarde things than put them in the pit. n..."
In response to Reply #22

nt

JavaFri 10-Oct-08 07:00 PM
1055 posts
#73031, "Yeah.. I had two really good sets when I was low/mid lv..."
In response to Reply #7

The first one I got from a few choice kills that had some decent gear. The second was mostly hand me downs from some Fort folks. Both got looted though, but that didn't bother me because it was all above avg for that lvl.

But when you get full looted and half your ####'s stuff from the pit, it isn't people looting you because they want yor gear. It's people looting you because they don't want YOU to have your gear. And that's pathetic. Regearing is fine on occassion. But when it's literaly EVERY time you die, it gets old. Regearing is not a fun part of the game at all. And knowing you face an hour or two of regearing is enough to make most people avoid fights altogether. Instead of going that route though, I just deleted. Easier that way.

IC, I didn't have anything against you personally. I was just kind of an ass in general to people I didn't respect. But OOC, yeah, I wanted a fight. I had a lot of fun with the various assassin vs assassin fights.

Alzinghul (Guest)Fri 10-Oct-08 04:57 PM

#73025, "After reading your QHCF thread."
In response to Reply #0

You were an assassin and said that you rarely grouped with others, that does not mean other players play that same way. As an Orc having 7-8 fortress members online and having a Warlord available to group with I see no reason why we should not be together, for the most part we get summoned away from eachother anyways. The large group fights are what I find the most fun part about this game, a group of 3 or 4 against 3 or 4. Since I have never played a goodie assassin I don't know how tough it is, but I've been told it is one of the more difficult classes for a goodie. That last death there were three of your cabal-mates on the road with you, we gunned for you first because you would die the quickest so we could try and fight the others. The looting is because we couldn't corpseguard when we are running from the other 3 paladins/stacked giant warriors that ran after us, lowbies on the eastern road. Anyways just trying to let you know from my perspective. If its the constant groups that you seem to fight make something that can seperate them or not get lagged by them, there are a plethera of classes that can do both.

Alzinghul Deth'Alzul the Chieftain of the Grinning Skulls.

JavaFri 10-Oct-08 05:25 PM
1055 posts
#73026, "Umm.. I shouldn't have to choose a class based on the p..."
In response to Reply #3

You can play how you want. But ganging someone down and full looting them (this was FAR from the first incident of either) isn't fun for anyone. If that somehow does get you off, then I'd have to wonder about your sanity.

Bottom line, I think this game would be a lot more fun if people actually considered the fact that they're playing against other people. And those other peoples' fun matters just as much as their own.

CF is slowly dying. You know it as well as I do. I would think that people would be more concerned about playin with some level of class, if for nothing other than keeping the game alive.

But really.. I left the rant on QHCF for a reason. I said my piece, and I'm done talking about it. Everyone has excuses for acting like an ass, I don't particularly care what they are.

Baiahlan (Guest)Fri 10-Oct-08 04:03 PM

#73022, "RE: Jaisel deleted."
In response to Reply #0

From qhcf:

"Of all my deaths, I'm pretty sure there were 2, maybe 3 that weren't full loots or sacs."

That include the one at the Hamsah healer?

JavaFri 10-Oct-08 04:08 PM
1055 posts
#73023, "Yep."
In response to Reply #1

I do remember that one. I think it was my first or second PK death, and I was being retarded and died there.

But you kicked my ass on the regular, so good on you for that.

And the 2 or 3 PK deaths was basically just a guess. It's safe to say that it was far less than half though.

Baiahlan (Guest)Fri 10-Oct-08 06:18 PM

#73027, "RE: Yep."
In response to Reply #2

Was just trying to point out that not everyone was assy to you. Don't want you quitting or anything.

JavaFri 10-Oct-08 06:33 PM
1055 posts
#73028, "Yeah, you were good.."
In response to Reply #5

I was kind of annoyed when I got suckered into ranking into hero range (damn that double exp weekend). I wanted to stick around mid ranks for a little while. But it's way too painful to hang out at lvl 42, so I just kept on going.

Was looking forward to you ranking up though. I wanted a rematch. Bad. I still think I could have one that fight in Hamsah, if I was less dumb. Oh well.

Baiahlan (Guest)Fri 10-Oct-08 11:16 PM

#73042, "RE: Yeah, you were good.."
In response to Reply #6

If you're going to tarry, 44 seems like the spot. Hamsah was basically a toss-up since we were about the same rank and had similar gear. Mostly it came down to who was hitting the vuln, which I think I was.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #73019 Previous topic | Next topic