Subject: "(Deleted) Raknar the Benevolent Mystic, Acolyte of the ..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #72709
Show all folders

Raknar-laxman (Guest)Mon 29-Sep-08 02:15 PM

#72709, "(Deleted) Raknar the Benevolent Mystic, Acolyte of the Golden Sun"

Well It was a good long ride with this character. I rolled Raknar a few months ago when I decided I needed to try something radically different then my normal PK oriented characters. Since I get bored quickly when playing full support builds I decided to give conjie a shot and I ended up having a pretty decent time with it. I tried to do the whole pacifist thing for about the first hundred hours of the char but towards the end I became more active in terms of PK. That said if anyone wants to play a char that can just tear it up play a goodie conjie between 25-38 and you can more or less massacre everything in your way with minimal effort, after those ranks though while you still got a lot of punch and survivability people can just flee away.

I supose it is on to good byes

Fort:

Synoria: Man did we have some good times with us spam healing each other and the group and all chaos just breaking loose. That last trip to the kuo tao I was amazed at how many times were walked up to the edge of disaster and managed to keep going. I hope you keep on doing your thing because your really good for acolyte.

Cormindon: Damn you for going I enjoyed our time together a lot especially in the relatively boring times when fort out numbered everyone ten to one

Bruntaur: I like using my class abilities and if that means I need to take another moment to re-raid as a result I will.

Unal: You got some potential keep it up.

Kernagor: I almost deleted when you died the fort ain't the same without you, still the best role played dwarf I have seen and I have run around as a villager with more or less all the epic ones.

Scion

Kharnial: You were a top notch opponent. You had the fire power and the skills and you pushed yourself to continually expand your bounaries. It takes a lot of guts to look at a situation and penalize yourself in order to make fights more interesting for all parties involved and I want to give you a big thumbs up for that. Its this kind of attitude that will help keep the game going.

lezra: We never talked much but we had some good fights, gators can tear through elementals damn fast and it wasn't till later in life I realized I could altruism them as well.

Empire

Ahtieli: I have mixed feelings about you. I know who you are and who you have played and what you can accomplish as well as the consequences to you if you die. Personally I would like to see you acting a little more like kharnial but thats just because as a player it is more fun to play against those types of people. You make smart decisions and they keep you on top so kudos to being a succesful lich in a time where goodies utterly dominated the pendulum.

Outlanders: None of you really stood out individualy a bunch of you would make an attempt or two on me but they all turned out to be completly futile and usually you guys left me alone once you realized that. Windwalk is in my opinion one of the sickest powers in the game use it to track people down, over the course of raknars life I only once got attacked during conjuration and i was not that fastidious about hiding.

Village: Just a kind of heads up for you guys since I seemed to strike the fear of god into the commander with the simple capsize trick. When dealing with foes who seek to strand you on water eat seaweed, can't be dispelled, don't need a boat yadda yadda it amazed me how many of you did not know this.

Inger: You were one of the only two people in the entire game that actually gave me pause(other people could beat me but those fights were predictable) had me below 100 hp a couple of times and I never knew if this would be the time that the archon fell behind or what, it made our fights unpredictable and fun.

Djabre: Man skullcrusher must be great you and inger are the only villagers that really I had a rough time with. you constantly had me on the verge of death and the one time you got me I was lagged out through familiar commands and my familiar was being lagged out by someone else so it was one massive lag fest on my side. You are certainly the most talented warrior in the game right now and keep showin people how the village rolls.

Dhaath: you were also a little tough but you always made the bee-line for my elemental, yeah you can kill it and then focus on hitting me but do you really think I am just going to let you kill it off and spend the next 20 minutes with my thumb up my ass? your best bet would have been to wait for my sanc to drop and use that round or two to really pile it on and onslaught kill me.

I know I missed a lot of people if you post I will respond.
Peace out

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply It's like 0-1 I think, Kharnial (Guest), 29-Sep-08 07:05 PM, #5
Reply hehe, raknar (Guest), 29-Sep-08 08:27 PM, #6
Reply Man I hated you., Lezra (Guest), 29-Sep-08 02:25 PM, #1
     Reply actually I have done the evil conjie, Raknar (Guest), 29-Sep-08 02:34 PM, #2
     Reply as an aside, raknar (Guest), 29-Sep-08 02:36 PM, #3
          Reply acoylte is still stronger I think., lexra (Guest), 29-Sep-08 03:23 PM, #4

Kharnial (Guest)Mon 29-Sep-08 07:05 PM

#72723, "It's like 0-1 I think"
In response to Reply #0

That's so lame. I never had took advantage of killing you!

I remember the first time we met..you jacked some bracelets from my corpse when you were 30ish. I had you marked to kill and constantly tried to dreamwalk to you (not to mention always stalking you). Never happened though. Then when you hit hero, I wasn't around as much to deal with you.

Not to mention that solo kill you got on me. I knew I should've used barrier or recalled, but I had to go for it.

You were one of the most difficult opponents I had to face.

Our interactions, from both the RP angle and the PK angle, always left a lasting memory.

A very well played character.

raknar (Guest)Mon 29-Sep-08 08:27 PM

#72727, "hehe"
In response to Reply #5

actually I think it was just the eagle robe which ahtieli got off me later. I knew you had me death marked and in my entire 200 hour char life you were honestly the only person who tried to hunt me down consistantly and that lack of antagonism is what made the game get boring for me.

But I was aware of your dream walking ability and when I first entered your range I would just not sleep until I had an archon or angel and I really utilized tesserect and teleport a TON to put me in safer places when I knew a bird or gater was around. I still can't believe you stayed during that fight and honestly it was the highlight of raknars existance. All the maran are writing notes about how to deal with kharnial and the lone scribe gets to whip out the cb Kharnial is dead it made me bust out laughing.

I hope you roll a new char and get on the case of those russians about playing more recklesly, my favorite times are as villagers running into situations I know are near helpless and still finding a way to come out on top the whole conservatism I tried with raknar is not my cup of tea and not something I plan on going back to.

Lezra (Guest)Mon 29-Sep-08 02:25 PM

#72711, "Man I hated you."
In response to Reply #0

Not many realize how powerful acoylte conj's are. Without going into detail - it's a rough fight espcially my forms. But I knew I had my hands very full when you logged on. Give the evil conji a go.. that one is a very rocky ride.

Raknar (Guest)Mon 29-Sep-08 02:34 PM

#72712, "actually I have done the evil conjie"
In response to Reply #1

I did an evil conjie in trib. Wow was being in trib such a mistake I am convinced that conjies are ment to be perma wanted since it is ludacrisly easy for a third party to force a law breakage with them.

Evil conjies are certainly powerful but most people play them wrong. Anyone who level sits from 40-45 as an evil conjie is really not realizing how significantly stronger evil servitors are at 51. And looking through the battlefield it is kind of depressing how few evil conjies have ever made it to hero despite all they got going for them.

raknar (Guest)Mon 29-Sep-08 02:36 PM

#72713, "as an aside"
In response to Reply #1

wait till you get matched up against a well done maran conjie. You will have no idea how overpowered lightforge really is until you see some of the staves and stuff they can make and how they complement a conjurer sooooooo well.

lexra (Guest)Mon 29-Sep-08 03:23 PM

#72715, "acoylte is still stronger I think."
In response to Reply #3

... That alturism.. man.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #72709 Previous topic | Next topic