Subject: "(DELETED) [BATTLE] Alkydrion Kaernesh the Legend of the..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #72617
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 25-Sep-08 05:24 PM
Member since 01st Oct 2024
17200 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#72617, "(DELETED) [BATTLE] Alkydrion Kaernesh the Legend of the Battlefield"

Thu Sep 25 17:21:21 2008

At 11 o'clock AM, Day of the Great Gods, 5th of the Month of Futility
on the Theran calendar Alkydrion perished, never to return.

Race:arial
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:141

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Alkydrion Kaernesh the Legend of..., Zen, 26-Sep-08 04:40 PM, #2
Reply You were tough, Ahtieli (Guest), 26-Sep-08 04:57 PM, #3
Reply Agar liked you, Kornuel (Guest), 26-Sep-08 05:28 PM, #4
Reply we had some good fights, raknar (Guest), 26-Sep-08 05:30 PM, #5
Reply Wow, thanks for forgetting me. :), Lerzion (Guest), 26-Sep-08 07:43 PM, #6
Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Alkydrion Kaernesh the Legend of..., Tlingit (Guest), 27-Sep-08 11:00 AM, #7
Reply Hehe, I gotta point this out., Pro (Guest), 27-Sep-08 11:23 AM, #8
Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Alkydrion Kaernesh the Legend of..., Inger (Guest), 28-Sep-08 08:06 PM, #9
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Alkydrion Kaernesh the Legend of..., Inger (Guest), 28-Sep-08 08:09 PM, #10
Reply c 'pillar ~, Tubnic (Guest), 25-Sep-08 06:00 PM, #1

ZenFri 26-Sep-08 04:40 PM
Member since 26th Sep 2007
61 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#72653, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Alkydrion Kaernesh the Legend of..."
In response to Reply #0

Weeeeeeeeelllll I didn't want to auto, though I came close a few times, so I figured I'd just up and delete.

This was my first (semi) successfull villager, and I had a really great time with it. My build was dagger/sword landslide/whirlwind, and I was a defender.

First off, dagger specs are awesome. Very fun to play, lots of options. My second spec, however, was meh. I should have reconsidered taking sword, given that STR plays a large part in flurry and I wasn't aware of that. As a defender with swords though I could tank very well. In retrospect, I would always take staff instead of sword with a dexy race. Ah well.

Landslide is useful, but I couldn't rock out the damage as a defender I needed to make it work. Whirlwind was.....for the most part not noticeable, though I tried to 1)gear for dex and 2)do everything possible to lower my opponents dex. The only time I really noticed this was fighting mobs, when 6 hits/round with none blocked weren't rare. And not even all mobs, it varied. I could be hallucinating this.

So my role was basically that through circumstances I dont' feel like typing up I ended up slightly deranged, due to wizard activity. My goal was to rp crazy, like that irish guy in braveheart crazy, the one who comes to join the scottish army and fight the english. It worked allright, but you can only be so crazy as a defender in a the village, who needs to be reliable. I'd be interested to know if my emotes/rp made the insanity evident.

I love the Village. There are always a handful of knowledgeable, well thought out and well-rp'd characters, at least the few times I've played one. My last character was Zalshuru Mox, felar defender dagger/hand. He actually inspired this character, I tweaked the build, took a different second spec. I know EXACTLY what I'm doing next time around. ;-P

So, in no particular order and as thoroughly as my drug-addled brain can manage, here are my goodbyes. I interacted with TONS of characters so I apologize if I miss you.

Ruhk: Had a closer relationship with you with Zalshuru, but I loved you with both. Congratulations on being one of that hand full that inspires me with their arpee to strive to make my own shine.

Inger: I loved you. You were the character my characters always wanted to hug, at least your giant leg. Bravo.

Djabree: Man, you've been around for the lifespan of at least 3 of my characters. Keep on truckin' and kickin' ass.

Dhaath: It's a shame I'm gone now that I can finally understand you. It's funny to go from being the applicant who has no idea what the hell you just said to interpreting for the new applicants when I'm grizzled myself. You do big cow wonderfully, with no hint of stupid.

Aall..Aa...The other arial dagger spec defender whirlwind/balance with a similiar name to mine. And a similiar build. I shook my face at the screen with a grin on my fist when I saw you inducted and learn your specs/build. It made me have to RP more/better to stand out, and I thank you for that. You were reliable, and a PK beast. I couldn't solo the Nexun guardians for the key, not without coming dangerously close to dying. Well done on hitting the nail that I was aiming for right on the head.

Gulkra: .....you made the player laugh his ass off with your insane antics, but my characters pitied your stubby, always-dying butt. I'd take you as an ally any day though, because you're sure to entertain.

Mahgrath? SP? Duergar thief that was very well played. I like that you acted as I thought a duergar thief would act, instead of just another friendly evil cabalmate. You saved my ass many times, and I thank you for that.

Tlignit: Hurl throat. That is all.

Battle Imms: Great interactions with Zalshuru, disappeared when Alkydrion was alive. You're a riot, Ysaloerye, please come back. Please.

Scions: Every one of you gave me a run for my money, but unless I was facing Ahtieli, or more than one of you, I had the upper hand. I think. At least I could always make you run. Duergar Shaman high priest i'm looking at you. I added a speedwalk for getting +con gear to my client.

A note about Whining about looting.:

Man. I don't know what to say. Everyone does it these days, and everyone pulls the "i didn't do this to you i'm going to do this next time" card. I don't know what needs to change but something does. Just put a #$(*UY#@(*ing cap on the # of items you can loot from a corpse. You'll eliminate 90% of the headache that is plaguing the playerbase and up player retention too. I really don't think the few elitists who are so hardcore about FFA looting are going to quit because of it. People die. Things get looted. I, personally, consciously limit myself. I wish other people would consider doing so too. But some don't, and petty people mimic the bad ones, not the good ones. It's the whole "Well he's doing it so why shouldn't I get to trap."

Anyways. I love you all, even the bad ones, because without you here there wouldn't be a CF to play while I should be working.

If I forgot you, please respond, and let me enjoy the reminiscing too.

Zen

Alkydrion/Zalshuru/Arbel/Elezetheran/MinotaurVillageWarrior/../Tynnyn

Ahtieli (Guest)Fri 26-Sep-08 04:57 PM

#72654, "You were tough"
In response to Reply #2

You could not take me down alone, but in any fight we had I knew I should be careful and sometimes burn phylacteries. Once you and Fortess almost got me, I'm still unsure if your drive saved my ass or helped you.

You were always up for a solo fight, which is rare.

Thanks for playing and come back again.

Kornuel (Guest)Fri 26-Sep-08 05:28 PM

#72656, "Agar liked you"
In response to Reply #2

Sword spec isn't that bad for arials. You have option to take edge for dex based flurry as well. Whirlwind was realy sweet for Agar, but he had boneshatter to make it work even better. And I liked mastering our skillzzz. Parting blow in like 15 minutes. That was sweet

raknar (Guest)Fri 26-Sep-08 05:30 PM

#72657, "we had some good fights"
In response to Reply #2

You certainly played balls the wall and had no fear of engaging a mage away from the rager kill zone. I think you played a solid villager and good luck with the next if you get more time.

Lerzion (Guest)Fri 26-Sep-08 07:43 PM

#72660, "Wow, thanks for forgetting me. :)"
In response to Reply #2

Great job man. I really liked the character and I wish you had been around more. We could accomplish a lot with our combination and it would have been fun to have you with me mixing it up more. Anyway, great job and see you in the azure fields soon.

Tlingit (Guest)Sat 27-Sep-08 11:00 AM

#72672, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Alkydrion Kaernesh the Legend of..."
In response to Reply #2

Hurl Throat?
you mean s,s,s,s,s,s,s,s,s,s,s,s,s,s,s,s,s,s,s,s,s,s,s,s,s,s,s,s,s,

he he

Pro (Guest)Sat 27-Sep-08 11:23 AM

#72673, "Hehe, I gotta point this out."
In response to Reply #2

you wrote..

I shook my face at the screen with a grin on my fist when I saw you inducted and learn your specs/build.

Inger (Guest)Sun 28-Sep-08 08:06 PM

#72695, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Alkydrion Kaernesh the Legend of..."
In response to Reply #2

Hey thanks for the compliment! I enjoyed your character, wish we could have spent more time around each other. Btw. The speed flurry edge is fantastic for high dex sword users IMO. I had it with an elf and could rip off 5-8 hit flurries consitently; I'm sure it would be even more effective with an arial. In fact, I've thought about playing an arial sword spec just to see!

Inger (Guest)Sun 28-Sep-08 08:09 PM

#72696, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Alkydrion Kaernesh the Legend of..."
In response to Reply #9

Oh, forgot. You were Zalshuru too? I knew you better as him, loved him. I would say that they were both successful battle characters.

Tubnic (Guest)Thu 25-Sep-08 06:00 PM

#72619, "c 'pillar ~"
In response to Reply #0

~

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #72617 Previous topic | Next topic