Subject: "Destim is lost beneath the waves" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #72534
Show all folders

Destim (Guest)Tue 23-Sep-08 07:57 PM

#72534, "Destim is lost beneath the waves"

Sorry, to all who invested time in me. Work and school caught up with me, and I no longer had the free time for Destim. After two weeks of a schedule without much free time, lost the spark which originally pushed me to play the character. It was poetic justice for spending so much of my worktime fooling around on Kernagor. Heh.

I find I really like playing deviant roles, but I really should have rolled up a cookie-cutter or two to get the hang of the relevant cabal/religion first. First time with Rayihn's religion, first time with outlander, first time with shifter. Also, deviant roles are *hard* sometimes. I would see this easy kill sitting there, maybe a shifter out of form or a guy innocently poking around somewhere cursed, and I'd have to restrain myself from the evil outlander kill everything response and go up there and try talking, first. Not really killing many people outside of cabal situations is much harder than it looks. On the plus side, just sitting there talking to people can actually be a lot of fun. I was much more outgoing than usual and surprise surprise, if you talk to people they sometimes talk back! Its a wonderful thing.

Sorry, Rayihn. Really enjoyed following you. Was pretty crazy, though. I had the idea for this guy three months ago, wrote up his role and background stuff. Then, when I finally rolled him, I realized that the role had changed so much over the time and editing that I had no idea what was going to happen to him. I knew after the first interview that if I would continue this role as I had designed it, I wouldn't be a good fit for your religion. I grew to like the character idea too much, though, and I didn't want to throw him away, so I decided to play it out anyway. You were tons of fun, and I absolutely loved a few of the bantering conversations, a few of the serious conversations, and some of those awesome echoes. Can I shoot an email to rayihn@carrionfields.com (if that is your address?) I'd love to hear some feedback and I've got a few suggestions and a bit of nostalgia.

If you were mortal and you talked to me, I probably lied to you. Sorry. Nothing personal.

Some goodbyes -

Jayundar - One of the cooler inductions I've been a part of, though you made me spend 5 hours of my life figuring out those damn quests (I hate quests! The solutions are so simple yet always go completely against my intuition). Argh. I really like your creative use of emotes, and I always enjoyed interacting with you. Destim really wanted to kill you, by the way. Originally he was planning to use Lothrac and an Imperial gank squad for this, but dammit, he got anathed and deleted. Bastard. You were also the only mort (I think) outside of Ryasyn who knew of my connection with Rayihn.

Padwei - one of my favorite mort interactions, ever. I'm glad I had a chance to talk with you in-depth on Destim, since as Kernagor I found you were one of the less talkative forties. I would have seriously missed out otherwise.

Istihl - Very evil outlanderish. Heh. You were one of Destim's closer allies. This meant that Destim wanted you dead, too. Especially after you screwed up a few of Destim's manipulations. That cheetah is nice and you were pretty good with it.

Sammuel - Interacting you was fun, but I was always on the edge cause I was absolutely positive that sooner or later you'd have figured out that I didn't actually follow Beroxxus. Heh. You just made that assumption after you saw that burning title, and Destim just rolled with it. Nice forms. Hyena tiger, pretty vicious.

Lothrac - Damn you for deleting. Arrrrrrr. Destim was totally planning on dealing with you in secret once the outrage over our previous partnership had died down. Would have been fun to have a way into the empire. Thanks for the wand location help! Saved my ass.

Tlingit - Thanks for the interactions. It was interesting talking with you, and definitely staved off boredom.

Ryasyn - The only other follower of Rayihn I knew. Thanks for the banter and taking some of my ribbings with good grace. Destim wanted to kill you. I ended up holding Destim back, though, since I felt bad for all the heralds, having been on the end of several nasty evil gank sprees long ago on my own lowbie inn-sitter. Multi-killing heralds should give you negative PK ratio, not positive ones

Etielise - I was totally planning on killing you, since you were Ryasyn's lover and Destim was curious to see what Ryasyn would do if you were taken from him. In fact, you were the only herald I seriously intended to kill. Never got the chance to set it up properly, though. The time was never right and, again, I always feel bad for heralds.

Erelia - I had the chance to kill you a few times. Decided not to, though. Its cause I'm a carebear by nature. D:

Lezra - You'd rape me one on one in a fair fight, and you know it. Thats why I avoided the crap out of fair fights, after the first time or two I died to you.

Anyone else, post and I'll respond. I'm sure I've forgotten some important people.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: Destim is lost beneath the waves, julaed (Guest), 26-Sep-08 01:45 PM, #15
Reply Nice char., Sammuel (Guest), 26-Sep-08 11:47 AM, #11
Reply RE: Nice char., Baerinika, 26-Sep-08 12:28 PM, #12
Reply I always went off this helpfile as well as some other t..., Lightmaged (Guest), 26-Sep-08 01:36 PM, #14
     Reply Man, Beroxxus is ####ing cool., TheManNamedSam (Guest), 26-Sep-08 07:37 PM, #17
Reply Damn, you were lightmage?, Kharnial (Guest), 26-Sep-08 01:14 PM, #13
     Reply I tried sooooooooo hard..., Destim (Guest), 26-Sep-08 05:15 PM, #16
Reply Later bro., Krugan (Guest), 26-Sep-08 06:57 AM, #10
Reply nice job., Lezra (Guest), 24-Sep-08 11:43 AM, #9
Reply RE: Destim is lost beneath the waves, Padwei (Guest), 24-Sep-08 10:34 AM, #8
Reply You're a punk!, Odelius, 23-Sep-08 11:29 PM, #7
Reply Sad see strong shifter go..., Namanrin (Guest), 23-Sep-08 08:30 PM, #5
Reply Oh right, Nam., Destim (Guest), 23-Sep-08 08:58 PM, #6
Reply Curses!, Jayundar (Guest), 23-Sep-08 08:29 PM, #4
Reply Grrrrrr..., Rayihn, 23-Sep-08 08:21 PM, #2
Reply Form info, Destim (Guest), 23-Sep-08 08:04 PM, #1
     Reply Commentary on forms of interest:, Destim (Guest), 23-Sep-08 08:22 PM, #3

julaed (Guest)Fri 26-Sep-08 01:45 PM

#72648, "RE: Destim is lost beneath the waves"
In response to Reply #0

haha really liked traveling with you! I remember when we caught bok and the two imperials with there pants down... Ah it was funny, I told the captain that i just hoped to scatter them, and out of NO WHERE you two showed up! It was great. I enjoyed all of our interactions, and I cant wait to see what you come up with next!

Sammuel (Guest)Fri 26-Sep-08 11:47 AM

#72638, "Nice char."
In response to Reply #0

Enjoyed our brief interactions. I figured it had some interesting possibilities if you were indeed afflicted by the burning fever and were open to following Beroxxus.

Might have led to some cool uprisings in the Outlander cabal to have a secret Beroxxus worshiper, (since the Ancients despise him.)

I kinda threw it out there with hopes it would lead to some interesting game dynamics. (Knowing realistically, it would probably never be...)

The role-play and interaction part of the game is what keeps things interesting for me. I applaud your effort in this area.

Just wish I had more time to actually get into characters. AHh the good old days, of having 7-8 hours a day to go hard-core. It is so damn hard to get to know people in game, get involved in the cabal dynamics and maintain a presence in the game, with only 2-3 hours a week to play.

Lightmage.

BaerinikaFri 26-Sep-08 12:28 PM
Member since 23rd Jan 2007
338 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#72642, "RE: Nice char."
In response to Reply #11

I'm not sure why people think the Ancients hate Bero. I thought when he came back he specifically tailored his religion a little so it was a better fit for Outlander.

Lightmaged (Guest)Fri 26-Sep-08 01:36 PM

#72646, "I always went off this helpfile as well as some other t..."
In response to Reply #12

In days when Thera was still young, powerful beings roamed the land. These
entities would later become known as the Ancients. These young immortals set
their tasks to shaping and influencing the world, and the one who would become
known as Beroxxus was no different. As a young immortal, the Ill Omen was
given the task to provide revelations in obscure omens and signs. This in turn
limited who he could influence and guide, as only a select few had the wisdom
to interpret such meanings.

An Ancient of lower standing, Beroxxus was not content to just hold the little
influence he had. Ambitious and cunning, the Ill Omen set about searching for
a way to gain more power. Through his study he discovered the darker planes.
Places where good did not exist. In his divining he located the essence of
despair. How he managed to harness the power and make it his is unknown.

Using his new power, despair slowly crept into the fresh world. The Ill Omen
was careful at first, only slowly influencing the children. It was not until
the children started to perish did he discover the true merit of his new
abilities: the souls. The souls of these children came to him, filling him
with power, but quickly faded.

Cunning as always he put forth his brilliance to learn how to gather this new
strength and keep it. The Dark Baron's research led him to a small pocket
plane where he could entrap the souls. Learning then that to keep them forever
in torment and pain gave him an unending supply of divine might.

As the Ill Omen's power grew, so did his greed. His influence spread faster
and the secret of his actions could no longer be hidden. He would soon be
discovered. Many of the Ancients banded together and decided to imprison
Beroxxus for all of eternity. Trapped in a statue, the world forgot the Dark
Baron. It was not until the human woman known as Azuranda that Beroxxus would
find freedom once again. Now once again released upon Thera, the Lord of
Despair makes his presence known.

TheManNamedSam (Guest)Fri 26-Sep-08 07:37 PM

#72659, "Man, Beroxxus is ####ing cool."
In response to Reply #14

My role for Mohdrim was freaking perfect...Alas.

Way to steal my name Lightmage (it's not Patrick like a lot of people think, it's Samuel). Now Aodh will think we're best friends who perma.

Kharnial (Guest)Fri 26-Sep-08 01:14 PM

#72645, "Damn, you were lightmage?"
In response to Reply #11

Now I really regret deleting...it would've been really really cool to fight alongside you as a tiger.

Destim was very cool. Our brief interactions, especially that long bickering back and forth, was funny as hell. Didn't know that you were in Outlander though

Destim (Guest)Fri 26-Sep-08 05:15 PM

#72655, "I tried sooooooooo hard..."
In response to Reply #13

...to avoid being known as an outlander. I wouldn't use my powers while ranking, I wouldn't sac accidentally given coins until my teammates were asleep. Stuff like that.

Unfortunately, two retrievals on scion and one retrieval on tribunal later and most of the hero range knew I was outlander. Dammit. Word spreads too fast. Hiss.

Krugan (Guest)Fri 26-Sep-08 06:57 AM

#72628, "Later bro."
In response to Reply #0

I dont get to play Krugan as much as I would like but when I do I catch glimpses of other characters lives. I liked what I saw of Destim alot. You were the type of player I was hoping would be on when I came on. It is easy to just log on and attack things, but it is much harder to develop some form of persona to go with it. Thanks for what interactions we had. I wish you luck with your next.

Lezra (Guest)Wed 24-Sep-08 11:43 AM

#72575, "nice job."
In response to Reply #0

you had me on the run a few times. Jaguar's a nice form and having one in outlander must have been fun. But I had a strange taste for you. Good luck with your next.

Padwei (Guest)Wed 24-Sep-08 10:34 AM

#72573, "RE: Destim is lost beneath the waves"
In response to Reply #0

>Padwei - one of my favorite mort interactions, ever. I'm glad
>I had a chance to talk with you in-depth on Destim, since as
>Kernagor I found you were one of the less talkative forties. I
>would have seriously missed out otherwise.

I'm glad you enjoyed the conversations as much as I did, for me
it was as much about figuring out what made Destim tick as it
was trying to convince him to reject being evil.

OdeliusTue 23-Sep-08 11:29 PM
Member since 26th Dec 2003
110 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#72558, "You're a punk!"
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Tue 23-Sep-08 11:29 PM

Don't quite know why you hit Ettie and Rya and left me out? You were cool and knowledgeable in my eyes, and I think that's sort of why I stuck it out with ya, even though a few other evil outlanders wanted me dead, thus making me wary of any of you guys.

Thanks for showing me a few things as well as hanging out every now and then. Just wish I caught more of your role, guess I wasn't around you all that much afterall.

Edit: I was Greikyn by the way.

You dont stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.

Namanrin (Guest)Tue 23-Sep-08 08:30 PM

#72545, "Sad see strong shifter go..."
In response to Reply #0

Always felt you were very well "versed" in Thera. Few times was around, enjoyed what I saw... glad I could help you get the obelisk... hope you kept that promise to me in repayment ...

Yeah.. rp wise.. I felt what I asked you to do, was much better then asking you to go help me get any kind of equipment...

good luck with next bro...

Nam.

Destim (Guest)Tue 23-Sep-08 08:58 PM

#72553, "Oh right, Nam."
In response to Reply #5

Thanks for the help you gave me. Ironically, most neutral outlanders Destim was fine with, as long as they didn't get in his way. He just wanted to kill his closest allies. I think Nam was an excellent character, and I hope you keep up what your doing. I also had some vague idea to turn you against Jayundar, but again, never really had the time to put it into play.

Jayundar (Guest)Tue 23-Sep-08 08:29 PM

#72544, "Curses!"
In response to Reply #0

How could you want to kill someone that torched, tortured, and taunted you like I did?

I liked you a lot. I knew there was a lot of "shadowy" activity done by you that was going to get you in trouble, and I could feel you being pulled away to Rayihn. I had a plan to counter it, but now I'll never get to try

Jayundar

PS, those quests are FUNdamental. Everyone should know them!

RayihnTue 23-Sep-08 08:21 PM
Member since 08th Oct 2006
1147 posts
#72539, "Grrrrrr..."
In response to Reply #0

I loved Destim. I had the perfect plan for our next RP too. It was devious, trust me, but I think you would have had a lot of fun with it!!

Rayihn@carrionfields.com is correct. It forwards to my actual email, so you'll get a response from that. I'll look forward to hearing from you. I'm really sad that you deleted, honestly.

I really hope you play another Rayihn follower. You were definetly one of my favorites so far. I loved the role, and I think you were a little surprised when I turned it around on you.

Destim (Guest)Tue 23-Sep-08 08:04 PM

#72536, "Form info"
In response to Reply #0

eq
You are using:

<worn on finger> an iron ring set with a white moonstone

<worn on finger> an iron ring set with a white moonstone

<worn around neck> a sandy-brown desert cloak

<worn around neck> a sandy-brown desert cloak

<worn on body> the hide of the Ancient Black Dragon

<worn on head> (Glowing) a black mitre

<worn on face> an iron tusked mask

<worn on legs> rotting linen bandages

<worn on feet> a pair of fur lined boots

<worn on hands> a pair of black steel gauntlets

<worn on arms> a plain phylactery

<worn about body> a pelt from the Winter Wolf

<worn about waist> a wide bronze belt

<worn around wrist> rotting linen bandages

<worn around wrist> rotting linen bandages

<mainhand wielded> Mahn-Tor's Great Axe

<held in hand> a model of the sky demon

<799hp 631m 195mv 21600tnl (-30.91%%)> wilderness forms
You can shapeshift into the following:

Form Family Attack Type Skill

Level 14: Mountain goat bovine charge Confident

Level 22: Jackal canine bite Confident

Level 23: Caiman aquatic claw Confident

Level 28: Snow badger rodent
freezing bite Confident

Level 31: Mako shark aquatic chomp Confident

Level 44: Jaguar feline claw Confident

Level 48: Giant lobster arthropod bite Confident

*snip*

<810hp 553m 294mv 21600tnl (-30.91%%)> wilderness shape mount
You flicker and blur into the shape of a mountain goat.

You step out from your cover.

You maintain the hardness of your skin as you shapeshift.

You maintain your speed as you shapeshift.

You maintain your phase as you shapeshift.

<810hp 531m 294mv 21600tnl (-30.91%%)> wilderness score
Destim Desmonir the Grand Master of Changelings, Drowning

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Level : 51 Sex : male Form : mountain goat

Ethos : Chaotic Align : Evil Class : shapeshifter

Practices: 15 Trains : 1 Hometown : Jade Mountains

Exp : 438900 To Level : 21600 Sphere : Love

Hit Point: 810 /849 Mana : 531 /971 Move : 294 /669

Str : 18(18) Int : 14(14) Wis : 14(14)

Dex : 17(17) Con : 17(17) Chr : 18(16)

Wimpy : 300 hp Morale : Confident Position : Standing

Hitroll : 22(22 ) Damroll : 21(21 )

AC pierce : -190 Divinely armored AC bash : -190 Divinely armored

AC slash : -190 Divinely armored AC magic : -190 Divinely armored

AC element: -190 Divinely armored

vs Spell : Protected vs Paralysis: Protected

vs Breath: Heavily protected vs Mental: Not protected

Summon : You can only be summoned by players within PK range.

Corpseguard: You attempt to guard corpses from lower level looters.

Rescue : You allow others to rescue you.

Give : You allow things to be given to you.

Trust : You Trust : You trust your group with questionable spells/supplications.

Follow : You accept followers.

You feel nearly full.

You are affected by:

Spell: 'detect invis' for 34 hours.

Physical effect: 'cabal raid' modifies morale by 7 for 27 hours.

Physical effect: 'cabal raid' modifies morale by 13 for 26 hours.

Power: 'windwalk' for 24 hours.

Power: 'windwalk' for 24 hours.

Spell: 'haste' modifies dexterity by 4 for 19 hours.

Spell: 'pass door' for 12 hours.

Spell: 'shield' modifies armor class by -30 for 2 hours.

Spell: 'control translucence' for 1 hours.

Spell: 'stone skin' modifies armor class by -40 for 0 hours.

Power: 'unbound spirit' modifies morale by 10 for -1 hours.

Power: 'unbound spirit' modifies wisdom by 2 for -1 hours.

<810hp 531m 294mv 21600tnl (-30.91%%)> wilderness skill
These are the things you can do:

Basic Commands

Shapeshift : Shapeshift to another form

Revert : Revert to your normal form

Enliven : Alters the energy state of your being

Kinspeak : Speak to others in your form family

Skills

Butt : Butt your horns into an opponent

Charge : Opening attack, charging your opponent

Automatic Abilities

Dodge : Minimal Dodge Ability

<810hp 531m 294mv 21600tnl (-30.91%%)> wilderness c shapeshift jackal
You can't form the words necessary for your magic.

<810hp 531m 294mv 21600tnl (-30.91%%)> wilderness shape jack
You flicker and blur into the shape of a black-backed jackal.

You maintain the hardness of your skin as you shapeshift.

<810hp 509m 294mv 21600tnl (-30.91%%)> wilderness score

Your skin feels soft again.

<818hp 499m 327mv 21600tnl (-30.91%%)> wilderness <818hp 499m 327mv 21600tnl (-30.91%%)> wilderness Destim Desmonir the Grand Master of Changelings, Drowning

Level : 51 Sex : male Form : jackal

Hit Point: 818 /849 Mana : 499 /971 Move : 327 /669

Str : 18(18) Int : 16(16) Wis : 16(16)

Dex : 18(18) Con : 17(17) Chr : 18(16)

Wimpy : 300 hp Morale : Secure Position : Standing

Hitroll : 28(28 ) Damroll : 23(23 )

AC pierce : -210 Divinely armored AC bash : -210 Divinely armored

AC slash : -210 Divinely armored AC magic : -210 Divinely armored

AC element: -210 Divinely armored

Trust : You tTrust : You trust your group with questionable spells/supplications.

You feel nearly full.

You are affected by:

Spell: 'detect invis' for 33 hours.

Physical effect: 'cabal raid' modifies morale by 7 for 26 hours.

Physical effect: 'cabal raid' modifies morale by 13 for 25 hours.

Power: 'windwalk' for 23 hours.

Spell: 'haste' modifies dexterity by 4 for 18 hours.

Spell: 'pass door' for 11 hours.

Spell: 'shield' modifies armor class by -30 for 1 hours.

Spell: 'control translucence' for 0 hours.

<818hp 499m 327mv 21600tnl (-30.91%%)> wilderness skill

Basic Commands

Skills

Bite : Bite your opponent

Scavenge : Scavenge for food and drink

CarrionFeeding: Feed off the corpses of the dead

Automatic Abilities

Dam Reduction : Minimal Damage Reduction

<818hp 499m 327mv 21600tnl (-30.91%%)> wilderness shape snow badger
You flicker and blur into the shape of a snow badger.

<818hp 480m 327mv 21600tnl (-30.91%%)> wilderness score

Level : 51 Sex : male Form : snow badger

Hit Point: 818 /849 Mana : 480 /971 Move : 327 /669

Str : 22(22) Int : 16(16) Wis : 16(16)

Dex : 16(16) Con : 20(20) Chr : 18(16)

Hitroll : 36(36 ) Damroll : 52(52 )

AC pierce : -205 Divinely armored AC bash : -205 Divinely armored

AC slash : -205 Divinely armored AC magic : -205 Divinely armored

AC element: -205 Divinely armored

vs Spell : Well protected vs Paralysis: Well protected

Trust : Trust : You trust your group with questionable spells/supplications.

You feel nearly full.

You are affected by:

Physical effect: 'form bonus' modifies strength by 2 for -1 hours.

<818hp 480m 327mv 21600tnl (-30.91%%)> wilderness skill

Basic Commands

Skills

Rake : Rake your claws against your opponent's body

Furor : Launch a series of vicious strikes at your victim

Snowblend : Camouflage in the snow

Burrow : Burrow under the soil of the wilderness to hide

Automatic Abilities

Deflection : Thick Hide for Deflecting Blows

Dam Reduction : Damage Reduction

Resistance : Resistant to cold

<818hp 480m 327mv 21600tnl (-30.91%%)> wilderness shape jag
You flicker and blur into the shape of a golden jaguar.

<818hp 461m 327mv 21600tnl (-30.91%%)> wilderness score
skill

Level : 51 Sex : male Form : jaguar

Hit Point: 818 /849 Mana : 461 /971 Move : 327 /669

Str : 20(20) Int : 17(17) Wis : 17(17)

Dex : 24(24) Con : 21(21) Chr : 18(16)

Hitroll : 65(65 ) Damroll : 45(45 )

AC pierce : -385 Divinely armored AC bash : -385 Divinely armored

AC slash : -385 Divinely armored AC magic : -385 Divinely armored

AC element: -385 Divinely armored

vs Spell : Well protected vs Paralysis: Well protected

Trust : Trust : You trust your group with questionable spells/supplications.

You feel nearly full.

You are affected by:

Physical effect: 'form bonus' modifies dexterity by 3 for -1 hours.

Physical effect: 'form bonus' modifies strength by 1 for -1 hours.

<818hp 461m 327mv 21600tnl (-30.91%%)> wilderness <818hp 461m 327mv 21600tnl (-30.91%%)> wilderness These are the things you can do:

Basic Commands

Skills

Bite : Bite your opponent with a chance to cause bleeding

Camouflage : Camouflage

Swipe : Swipe at opponents with your paw, trying to disarm

Ambush : Ambush your opponent

Automatic Abilities

Dodge : Average Dodge Ability

Movement : Minimal movement cost

<818hp 461m 327mv 21600tnl (-30.91%%)> wilderness shape caim
You flicker and blur into the shape of a caiman.

<818hp 442m 327mv 21600tnl (-30.91%%)> wilderness score
skill

Level : 51 Sex : male Form : caiman

Hit Point: 828 /849 Mana : 442 /971 Move : 327 /669

Str : 18(18) Int : 13(13) Wis : 13(13)

Dex : 15(15) Con : 22(22) Chr : 18(16)

Hitroll : 29(29 ) Damroll : 28(28 )

AC pierce : -190 Divinely armored AC bash : -190 Divinely armored

AC slash : -190 Divinely armored AC magic : -190 Divinely armored

AC element: -190 Divinely armored

Trust : You tTrust : You trust your group with questionable spells/supplications.

You feel nearly full.

You are affected by:

<828hp 442m 327mv 21600tnl (-30.91%%)> wilderness <828hp 442m 327mv 21600tnl (-30.91%%)> wilderness These are the things you can do:

Basic Commands

Skills

Marshblend : Camouflage in the swamp

Automatic Abilities

Self-Healing : Regeneration

Deflection : Scaly Hide for Deflecting Blows

Eyelids : Multiple eyelids help preventing physical blindness

Dam Reduction : Damage Reduction

Amphibious : Can travel on land and in water

Resistance : Resistant to fire

Resistance : Resistant to slashing attacks

<828hp 442m 327mv 21600tnl (-30.91%%)> wilderness w
A Valley in the Foothills

*snip*

<846hp 449m 339mv 21600tnl (-30.91%%)> wilderness whe
People near you:

(PK) Destim On the Aryth Ocean

<846hp 449m 339mv 21600tnl (-30.91%%)> wilderness shape giant lobster
You flicker and blur into the shape of a giant lobster.

<846hp 433m 339mv 21600tnl (-30.91%%)> wilderness score
skill

Level : 51 Sex : male Form : giant lobster

Hit Point: 846 /849 Mana : 433 /971 Move : 339 /669

Str : 22(22) Int : 18(18) Wis : 16(16)

Dex : 20(20) Con : 23(23) Chr : 18(16)

Hitroll : 28(28 ) Damroll : 42(42 )

AC pierce : -480 Divinely armored AC bash : -480 Divinely armored

AC slash : -480 Divinely armored AC magic : -480 Divinely armored

AC element: -480 Divinely armored

vs Spell : Heavily protected vs Paralysis: Well protected

vs Breath: Divinely protected vs Mental: Somewhat protected

Trust Trust : You trust your group with questionable spells/supplications.

You feel nearly full.

You are affected by:

Spell: 'detect invis' for 32 hours.

Physical effect: 'cabal raid' modifies morale by 7 for 25 hours.

Physical effect: 'cabal raid' modifies morale by 13 for 24 hours.

Power: 'windwalk' for 22 hours.

Power: 'windwalk' for 22 hours.

Spell: 'haste' modifies dexterity by 4 for 17 hours.

Spell: 'pass door' for 10 hours.

Spell: 'shield' modifies armor class by -30 for 0 hours.

Physical effect: 'form bonus' modifies constitution by 2 for -1 hours.

Physical effect: 'form bonus' modifies strength by 3 for -1 hours.

<846hp 433m 339mv 21600tnl (-30.91%%)> wilderness <846hp 433m 339mv 21600tnl (-30.91%%)> wilderness These are the things you can do:

Basic Commands

Skills

Feed : Gather fish for you and your group to feed on

Swimto : Swim to a person in the same area who isn't indoors

Tailflip : Make a quick escape by flipping your tail

WaterScatter : Vanish into the waters around you

Pinch : Try and pinch your opponent with your claws

Molt : Molt your skin to reduce poison or disease durations

Automatic Abilities

Deflection : Carapace for Deflecting Blows

Invertebrate : Does not have a bone structure

Dam Reduction : Significant Damage Reduction

Amphibious : Can travel on land but it is much less efficient than in water

<846hp 433m 339mv 21600tnl (-30.91%%)> wilderness mako

Your force shield shimmers then fades away.

<849hp 383m 372mv 21600tnl (-30.91%%)> wilderness <849hp 383m 372mv 21600tnl (-30.91%%)> wilderness Huh?

<849hp 383m 372mv 21600tnl (-30.91%%)> wilderness shape mako
You flicker and blur into the shape of a mako shark.

<849hp 367m 372mv 21600tnl (-30.91%%)> wilderness score
skill

Level : 51 Sex : male Form : mako shark

Hit Point: 849 /849 Mana : 367 /971 Move : 372 /669

Str : 23(23) Int : 14(14) Wis : 12(12)

Dex : 20(20) Con : 17(17) Chr : 10(8 )

Hitroll : 39(39 ) Damroll : 57(57 )

AC pierce : -250 Divinely armored AC bash : -250 Divinely armored

AC slash : -250 Divinely armored AC magic : -250 Divinely armored

AC element: -250 Divinely armored

vs Spell : Well protected vs Paralysis: Protected

You feel nearly full.

You are affected by:

Spell: 'detect invis' for 31 hours.

Physical effect: 'cabal raid' modifies morale by 7 for 24 hours.

Physical effect: 'cabal raid' modifies morale by 13 for 23 hours.

Power: 'windwalk' for 21 hours.

Power: 'windwalk' for 21 hours.

Spell: 'haste' modifies dexterity by 4 for 16 hours.

Spell: 'pass door' for 9 hours.

Physical effect: 'form bonus' modifies strength by 3 for -1 hours.

<849hp 367m 372mv 21600tnl (-30.91%%)> wilderness <849hp 367m 372mv 21600tnl (-30.91%%)> wilderness These are the things you can do:

Basic Commands

Skills

Bite : Bite your opponent with a chance to cause bleeding

Swimto : Swim to a person in the same area who isn't indoors

BloodFrenzy : Using pools of blood, go into a frenzied rage

Propel : Propel yourself quickly in a specified direction

Automatic Abilities

Dodge : Average Dodge Ability

Destim (Guest)Tue 23-Sep-08 08:22 PM

#72541, "Commentary on forms of interest:"
In response to Reply #1

Jaguar - Was really disappointed when I got this one. Its primary asset, the ability to camo, was not exactly useful to me, since EVERY FORM I HAVE can camo, due to my being an outlander. Averages 4 mangle-demos a round, decent dodging ability, bite causes bleeding. Ambush is supposed to be good, but its merely a mediocre skill. Very rarely will you be in a situation where you'll want the one round of lag before the ambush hits. You are often better off typing murder for three normal attacks - three demos versus one unblockable annihilate. Ambush is a little better, but often the lag on camo isn't worth it. I'd take an extra round or two of surprise anyday.

Caiman - The awesomest second-tier form ever. Regeneration, damage reduction, scaly hide. Two attacks or so per round, goes from dismember-massacre each hit. Can't dodge any attacks for crap, but the ability to regenerate and the chance to deflect trip or whatever if you are attacked while ranking is invaluable. I was using this form instead of the snow badger. Heck, I was tanking with this form up to level 43 or so. Kind of overpowered, I think, but on the other hand, water shifters need the love. Water primaries are going to be ranking alone a lot, I think. Far superior to the jackal. Only issue? Its kind of slow off water.

Giant Lobster - Well, I was disappointed. At first glance it isn't half-bad. Damage reduction. Amphibious. Shell which can bounce melee skills. Pincer! Holy crap sir, pincer! Averages two demos a round, maybe three. I found it a better explorer form than a pk form. It is godawful slow on land, even though its amphibious. Jaguar has bigger damage output and is harder to defend against. Its significantly less defensive on land. Best when used with ganking.

Most of the time in one on one fights you are fighting with the offensive form and abs, hoping to overwhelm them with damage before switching to the less damaging lobster form and pincering to stop the flee. Catching them after they have fled requires a different form, the lobster movement lag is too nasty on land. I tried to avoid using it in fights, so the shapeshift pinch combo at the last second would come as a surprise and hopefully end the guy. I would stay as a jaguar unless I was certain that a pinch would make the difference.

Still, though, it really wasn't too much of a threat unless there was a ganksquad with it. I can't see anyone dying to a solo lobster. Sure, if he made a bunch of mistakes and overspammed bash or something that might happen, but in that situation he died more to his own mistakes, not to any particular skillful move on the lobster's part. Maybe a villager fighting a/b/sed lobster on water or something.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #72534 Previous topic | Next topic