Subject: "Deleted" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #72365
Show all folders

Sguro (Guest)Sun 21-Sep-08 09:47 PM

#72365, "Deleted"

Normally I wouldn't post in the death thread for a level 21 character but I had a ton of strong interactions with many characters so I thought they'd like to know. Sorry Imms if this isn't appropriate.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Sad to see it not work out., Unalethekai (Guest), 22-Sep-08 04:30 PM, #9
Reply Why?, Lerzion (Guest), 21-Sep-08 09:51 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Why?, Sguro (Guest), 21-Sep-08 09:55 PM, #2
          Reply What exactly were you hoping for as an end result?, Daevryn, 21-Sep-08 11:25 PM, #3
          Reply To Have a Shifter in the Village., Sguro (Guest), 22-Sep-08 12:03 AM, #4
               Reply I floated the idea several times but it boils down to n..., Abernytee (Guest), 22-Sep-08 03:15 AM, #5
               Reply RE: To Have a Shifter in the Village., Daevryn, 22-Sep-08 08:56 AM, #6
               Reply Dreams of Air/Offense gnome berserkers?, Quix (Guest), 22-Sep-08 09:57 AM, #7
                    Reply Nah.., Java, 22-Sep-08 04:48 PM, #10
               Reply Sorry I didn't Have Time to Chat, Kastellyn, 23-Sep-08 06:53 PM, #13
          Reply You mistake RP for direction, Baerinika, 22-Sep-08 10:51 AM, #8
               Reply RE: You mistake RP for direction, Sguro (Guest), 22-Sep-08 10:12 PM, #11
                    Reply RE: You mistake RP for direction, Baerinika, 23-Sep-08 11:24 AM, #12

Unalethekai (Guest)Mon 22-Sep-08 04:30 PM

#72398, "Sad to see it not work out."
In response to Reply #0

I had plans to work you into my role as well, and help you out as much as I could, seeing how helpless you were. I enjoyed interacting with you, and bravo for taking on something so difficult. Good luck with your next!

Lerzion (Guest)Sun 21-Sep-08 09:51 PM

#72366, "Why?"
In response to Reply #0

Were you told it wouldn't work? I liked your idea, and I was pulling for you.

Sguro (Guest)Sun 21-Sep-08 09:55 PM

#72367, "RE: Why?"
In response to Reply #1

I wasn't so much as told as redirected. That's when I knew it wasn't going to work out the way I wanted and to me there is just no point. May as well role up something more generic and run with that. I appreciate your help earlier on.

DaevrynSun 21-Sep-08 11:25 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#72370, "What exactly were you hoping for as an end result?"
In response to Reply #2

I'm curious.

Sguro (Guest)Mon 22-Sep-08 12:03 AM

#72371, "To Have a Shifter in the Village."
In response to Reply #3

The short version is I wanted to get a shifter into the Village. APs have been done but nothing else that I'm aware of. I didn't even care if I got to use a form, got skills, etc, I just wanted into the Village with a shifter. Something unique even if it would never be a viable pk character. In fact I specifically came up with the idea because it would be more of a pure RP character so I had no expectations in regards to pk. I posted my role over at Dio's if you want to read it.

Abernytee (Guest)Mon 22-Sep-08 03:15 AM

#72374, "I floated the idea several times but it boils down to n..."
In response to Reply #4

Or everyone will have a person who was born as a natural shapeshifter or a lycanthrope and the village will cease to be filled with warriors

-----Abernyte

DaevrynMon 22-Sep-08 08:56 AM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#72379, "RE: To Have a Shifter in the Village."
In response to Reply #4

The conundrum is this:

Battle probably shouldn't want to induct a warrior who is completely terrible in a fight.

A shifter with no spells/forms will most likely be worse than the worst Battle warrior in history.

From the perspective that Battle is supposed to be the greatest fighters in the land and all that, why would they induct you?

Quix (Guest)Mon 22-Sep-08 09:57 AM

#72381, "Dreams of Air/Offense gnome berserkers?"
In response to Reply #6

They would be great scouts, and talk about deliciously overpowered. Let one in, and they would be all the rage.

While we are at it, can my paladin get a quest skill that grants him a goodie version of unholy blessing and Iron grip of Azazel?

JavaMon 22-Sep-08 04:48 PM
Member since 07th Apr 2003
1055 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#72399, "Nah.."
In response to Reply #7

Just get defiance.

What Paladins really need is bash. Yeah....

KastellynTue 23-Sep-08 06:53 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
864 posts
#72522, "Sorry I didn't Have Time to Chat"
In response to Reply #4

But I would have told you that the best you could have hoped for is to be an Applicant for the rest of your life. Like Daevryn said, what use is a shifter with no spells to a group of the greatest warriors in the land? Not much. The AP and Paladin who got into the Village were at least able to land a mage kill every now and again, IIRC. You would have been a punching bag in a really, really bad way. And while your character might have been OK with that, you would have probably gotten Villagers killed trying to save you time and time again, and that's just not good for the Village.

Valid role? Sure! And rage definitely can play a key motivator for Villagers, so that angle was fine. Just keep in mind: not everyone who hates magic or mages is cut out to be a Villager. That doesn't mean you can't RP the desire, but that's not always going to be enough to get you past the giant.

Kastellyn the Devourer of Magic, Lord of Legends

*** Email me your testimonials or two-line blurbs. Help our marketing efforts! ***

BaerinikaMon 22-Sep-08 10:51 AM
Member since 23rd Jan 2007
338 posts
#72387, "You mistake RP for direction"
In response to Reply #2

Isendor asked Baer to help Sguro, but I did it in a purely IC manner. To be honest, while we were talking I was asking Kasty to talk to you next if he had time, either to tell you yes or no. From a purely IC perspective, Baer doesn't believe in vengeance, and while she understands a righteous anger, she believes it should be focused on those that deserve it. Blanketly joining Battle because one group of mages did something bad is not something that she would be able to condone. Therefore, from my RP I tried to steer you away from the Village, moreso just to say that you shouldn't be attacking innocent mages because it would make you as bad as those who killed your family. That doesn't mean you had to listen to her. I'm sorry if you took it that way.

Good luck on your next.

Sguro (Guest)Mon 22-Sep-08 10:12 PM

#72407, "RE: You mistake RP for direction"
In response to Reply #8

If I offended you please accept my apologies as you have nothing to apologize for. I am grateful you took the time to give me that RP opportunity and an IC reason to change from his current path. The problem is that I shouldn't have accepted. I deviated from the true purpose of my role and thats when I knew I screwed up and needed to end it.

Rage over the injustices Sguro suffered was a major part of his role and reason for his choices. It was a driving force that overode his cowardice. Without it he was pretty much lost. Even if he had stopped hating mages he would never have trusted one enough to travel with much less try to recover and learn magic. Also I think it was a bad call on my part to accept an offer from another god when I had already committed myself to Ysaloerye.

Certainly my interaction with you makes me want to role a Baerinika follower.

BaerinikaTue 23-Sep-08 11:24 AM
Member since 23rd Jan 2007
338 posts
#72443, "RE: You mistake RP for direction"
In response to Reply #11

I certainly wasn't offended! I just honestly didn't want you to think that I was trying to tell you that you couldn't join the village. I was actually really surprised when you said you wanted to change paths and stuff...guess I'm just that persuasive??

Good luck on your next, I hope you do roll a Baer follower!

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #72365 Previous topic | Next topic