Subject: "Kharnial Gone" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #71893
Show all folders

JMCCMon 08-Sep-08 09:58 PM
Member since 22nd Sep 2007
59 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#71893, "Kharnial Gone"
Edited on Mon 08-Sep-08 10:06 PM

Kharnial was a lot of fun. I think I created him shortly after Eshval came back after Venecfis/Vehldriss. I remember my awesome past experiences with Eshypoo and I thought to myself 'Hell why not. Not like I ever got her tattoo.' And for those that are curious, her deletion had no influence on my deletion. I have too much Real Life issues and concerns to deal with that my time steadily, then dramatically, decreased. I'm sure many of you have realized that. Recently, I did think of applying as an IMM, since I rationalized that I wouldn't have to deal with constantly looking at my screen waiting for a pk to pop up. For the IMMS, thank you for the opportunity, and I apologize and regret that I was not able to follow through. However, at this point, I don't want to deal with or even think about games.

Role and Immteraction:

My immteractions were not stellar towards the end of Kharnial, but it was mainly my fault. After I got Chancellor, I was going to update my role about how Kharnial's main purpose of using the Scions was to open a portal to Eshval's original Realm. After I became Chancellor, I was told by an Imm to categorize and carefully select my Scions. I stated my original plan to many of the applicants that I interviewed. Kharnial was all about purpose and conviction - I had each applicant figure out how they would individually help the Scions in ways no one else can. A lot fell through, however, and I hope I wasn't the cause of many of your deletions.

In the early parts of the game, I did enjoy those voices in the darkness, the tattoo, the shield spell and the quest form. Thank you guys for those.

The Bad:

The only bad I could think of was the clinginess to equipment. At a certain point, I started getting bored with Kharnial and jaded about what I could accomplish. It started to become a chore to log in. Amusingly, it was those large Fort/Outlander times that I enjoyed (contrary to many people bitching and whining) because they proved to be a challenge. Not to mention those few times when I got one or two kills from the bunch...especially enjoyable.

At the point I mentioned above, I almost expected others to enjoy the few times I logged on and fought them instead of just logging off like many do. Thus, my rational was that they would leave my eq in those cases of large 5+ to 1 ganks. It was rather selfish and irrational now that I think of it, and for those that had to listen to my whining, bitching and threats, I apologize.

The Good:

The Good numbers in thousands. Kharnial was by far my favorite character. The allies were good, the exploration was good and even the enemies were just awesome. Kharnial was just a really really buff character (tiger + Chancellor). I knew that if I used barrier most of the time, I would literally rip people a new one. Thus, I only tended to use a/s, unless it was some super powerful villager or 2 + people (even against 2 people I didn't use barrier much).

Fort: I'm going to just group you guys together since there was so many of you. If you want a response, feel free to post and I'll respond. Although a part of me thought it was lame at how immense the pendulum swing was, that swing actually helped me play the extra hours. They were an adrenaline rush and incredibly enjoyable. I hope a lot of you got the same feeling as I did.

Village: Besides the few of you that I have posted about (see Mharr), I will try to respond to individual posts.

Dhaath - Man oh man you were a beast. Besides Mharr, I think you were the only one I was somewhat wary of. That was a good kill at the Village entrance - I knew I should use barrier against a minotaur berserker HPM.

Ruhktanshi - From all accounts, I hear that you are a good leader. I didn't really interact with you very much besides those few fights. In any case, keep on trucking.

Ingler - At the end, I thought I should've used my quest form against you more instead of tiger. Too bad that was at the end . I beat the crap out of you with Venecfis, and you beat the crap out of Kharnial. The cycle of crap kicking, eh?

Outlander: Similar to the Fort, I really enjoyed fighting against you guys. I was a tad bit more wary because of insect swarm. Towards the beginning and middle of my character, you guys were a real force to be reckoned with. There were a few of you that I despised, especially because it seems that you had multiple umbilical cords attached to each other. In the end, it's a game, and however you like to play it is fine with me. I think the only Outlanders I was ever wary of was Niz and Tel, because I knew the could stand up for themselves. The rest...meh. I'm sure there are a few that stuck out, but for the life of me, I can't remember.

Tribunals: I didn't know what to make of you. On one hand, it is highly amusing to use that Scion skill in cities. I did it with Sebath and it made me fall off my chair laughing. On the other hand, I had my religion and my plans as a Chancellor to think of. I guess it was a struggle of both. Since I didn't have that much dealing with many of you, I'll lump you guys together. Feel free to post and I'll respond.

Empire: Not a huge force in my time. Once Ahtieli became Empress, I expected that a lot more people would join. Alas, it hasn't happened yet. Not much to say.

Ahtieli - As I stated in Llondolis' post, there were a lot of people I interacted with that would make fun of you and practically call you a weakling. I don't necessarily completely agree with them. Our one on one fights were incredibly fun and challenging. However, I have seen situations where you clearly had the upper hand and you had PC allies with you. Whether that was on purpose or accident, I'm not sure. Ultimately, it does come down to how you personally enjoy the game. Don't be dissuaded by me or anyone else. At the same time, maybe think about our concerns.

Scions: You guys rock! Thanks for all the memories. I think I was with a good batch of Scions, starting from Igbah to Waris to Lezra. Post and I'll respond.

Waris - Man we were a force. No one could stand in our way. Screw those haters - play the game how you want to play. If you die and lose your weapon, no one but you will suffer. Thanks for taking me down to hell for your rings. I haven't been to hell before - it was one of the things I wanted to do.

Lezra - Alligator is a powerful powerful beast. I'm glad you're having so much success with it. I hope I didn't make the application process so tedious.

Immortals: Thank you for an awesome game and the chance to apply to improve the game. If I wasted some of your times with my application, I apologize. It was an enormous opportunity for me, but at this point in my life, I can't afford the distraction. I'm sure if I get some free time, I may come back and try this game once more.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Pfft, Eshval, 30-Dec-08 02:46 AM, #90
Reply After looking at my PBF, there are two things I noticed..., Kharnial (Guest), 16-Sep-08 10:58 PM, #53
Reply Oh, and Daev - Did you mean so much "for" quest form di..., Kharni (Guest), 16-Sep-08 11:07 PM, #54
Reply I will field this one as well., Lyristeon, 16-Sep-08 11:37 PM, #55
Reply Really?, Kharnial (Guest), 17-Sep-08 12:56 PM, #57
     Reply Addendum, Kharnial (Guest), 17-Sep-08 12:58 PM, #58
     Reply Well, even if you do nothing and have no other characte..., Random Person (Guest), 17-Sep-08 02:08 PM, #59
          Reply Yea, I can see where they're coming from. I took the co..., Kharnial (Guest), 17-Sep-08 02:21 PM, #60
               Reply The main thing is..., Lyristeon, 17-Sep-08 08:37 PM, #64
                    Reply RE: The main thing is..., Stunna1 (Guest), 17-Sep-08 08:47 PM, #65
                         Reply Yes..., Rayihn, 17-Sep-08 09:16 PM, #66
                         Reply Thing is with log ins...., Lightmaged (Guest), 17-Sep-08 11:02 PM, #68
                              Reply RE: Thing is with log ins...., Rayihn, 18-Sep-08 08:47 AM, #75
                                   Reply Yea, I'd expect imms to note such actions if it was fre..., Kharnial (Guest), 18-Sep-08 01:02 PM, #76
                                   Reply Can't you put it in context?, Daurwyn (Guest), 18-Sep-08 05:59 PM, #77
                                        Reply RE: Can't you put it in context?, Lyristeon, 18-Sep-08 06:53 PM, #78
                                        Reply That's not quite my point, Daurwyn (Guest), 18-Sep-08 07:17 PM, #79
                                             Reply Kind of missing his though., WarEagle2 (Guest), 18-Sep-08 07:26 PM, #80
                                                  Reply Right for the most part., Lyristeon, 18-Sep-08 08:24 PM, #81
                                                       Reply I really don't remember doing it that many times., Kharnial (Guest), 18-Sep-08 08:37 PM, #82
                                                            Reply As for the way the comment was phrased..., Kharnial (Guest), 18-Sep-08 08:40 PM, #83
                                                                 Reply No blemish., WarEagle2 (Guest), 18-Sep-08 10:02 PM, #84
                                                                 Reply Yea, one of the reasons I deleted..., Kharnial (Guest), 19-Sep-08 10:56 AM, #88
                                        Reply RE: Can't you put it in context?, Daevryn, 18-Sep-08 11:29 PM, #85
                                        Reply Discrepancies in info, Kharnial (Guest), 19-Sep-08 10:55 AM, #87
                                        Reply There are enemies and then there are enemies..., Twist, 19-Sep-08 09:16 AM, #86
                                             Reply Spot on, Kharnial (Guest), 19-Sep-08 12:57 PM, #89
                         Reply Umm.. did Kharnial ever actually get punished in any wa..., Java, 17-Sep-08 09:23 PM, #67
                         Reply Wasn't trying to make a big fuss., Kharnial (Guest), 18-Sep-08 01:03 AM, #69
                         Reply RE: Umm.. did Kharnial ever actually get punished in an..., Stunna1 (Guest), 18-Sep-08 07:50 AM, #74
                         Reply RE: The main thing is..., Daevryn, 18-Sep-08 01:44 AM, #70
                              Reply Additionally:, Daevryn, 18-Sep-08 01:47 AM, #71
                                   Reply HAR! Sorry, I had to. ~~, Gulkra (Guest), 18-Sep-08 07:34 AM, #73
     Reply My thoughts on the matter, Twist, 17-Sep-08 03:14 PM, #61
Reply RE: After looking at my PBF, there are two things I not..., Isildur, 17-Sep-08 12:15 PM, #56
Reply Kharnial and his cabal item..., Daevryn, 17-Sep-08 04:38 PM, #62
     Reply Thanks, Kharnial (Guest), 17-Sep-08 05:21 PM, #63
          Reply And this is why..., Lyristeon, 18-Sep-08 07:05 AM, #72
Reply Awesome my friend., TheManNamedSam (Guest), 12-Sep-08 06:47 PM, #52
Reply We had a couple of good ones., Lerzion (Guest), 10-Sep-08 12:59 PM, #49
Reply All about tactics, Kharnial (Guest), 12-Sep-08 06:32 PM, #51
Reply RE: Kharnial Gone, Ruhk (Guest), 10-Sep-08 04:29 AM, #48
Reply Thanks, Kharnial (Guest), 12-Sep-08 06:31 PM, #50
Reply All you Scions look alike too..., Fendril (Guest), 09-Sep-08 04:57 PM, #42
Reply That was the time when Outlanders were in power, Kharnial (Guest), 09-Sep-08 05:16 PM, #43
Reply Scions, Eshval, 09-Sep-08 06:09 PM, #45
Reply To the Imms re: Logs, Kharnial (Guest), 09-Sep-08 04:06 PM, #41
Reply Why not...every other quest form gets posted. n/t, Lightmaged (Guest), 09-Sep-08 05:29 PM, #44
Reply I don't think it'd be a problem..., Twist, 09-Sep-08 08:17 PM, #46
Reply RE: Kharnial Gone, Neleai (Guest), 09-Sep-08 01:52 PM, #38
Reply Stupid porcupine, Kharnial (Guest), 09-Sep-08 02:08 PM, #39
Reply RE: Kharnial Gone, Applicant2 (Guest), 09-Sep-08 01:20 PM, #33
Reply Applicants, Kharnial (Guest), 09-Sep-08 01:28 PM, #35
Reply RE: Kharnial Gone, Tlingit (Guest), 09-Sep-08 01:11 PM, #31
Reply Shifter v shifter fights are tough, Kharnial (Guest), 09-Sep-08 01:24 PM, #34
     Reply for Lezra, Tlingit (Guest), 09-Sep-08 01:28 PM, #36
Reply RE: Kharnial Gone, Applicant (Guest), 09-Sep-08 11:51 AM, #25
Reply Doh!, Kharnial (Guest), 09-Sep-08 01:18 PM, #32
Reply RE: Kharnial Gone, Lsoelel (Guest), 09-Sep-08 11:25 AM, #21
Reply I try, Kharnial (Guest), 09-Sep-08 12:53 PM, #30
Reply Much much respect, Dhaath (Guest), 09-Sep-08 11:11 AM, #19
Reply You got progressively more dangerous, Kharnial (Guest), 09-Sep-08 12:47 PM, #29
     Reply I was going to a plan, Dhaath (Guest), 09-Sep-08 11:16 PM, #47
Reply RE: Kharnial Gone, Tubnic (Guest), 09-Sep-08 11:09 AM, #18
Reply RE: Kharnial Gone, Tubnic (Guest), 09-Sep-08 11:12 AM, #20
Reply RE: Kharnial Gone, Isildur, 09-Sep-08 08:55 AM, #17
Reply Miz!, Kharnial (Guest), 09-Sep-08 12:30 PM, #28
Reply Our fights, Iltanthal (Guest), 09-Sep-08 08:23 AM, #16
Reply Sorry for not mentioning you, Kharnial (Guest), 09-Sep-08 12:14 PM, #27
Reply RE: Kharnial Gone, Volubryotr (Guest), 09-Sep-08 06:42 AM, #15
Reply Fun fights, Kharnial (Guest), 09-Sep-08 12:09 PM, #26
Reply RE: Kharnial Gone, Baerinika, 09-Sep-08 06:35 AM, #14
Reply No worries, Kharnial (Guest), 09-Sep-08 11:49 AM, #24
Reply Nice job., Kernagor (Guest), 09-Sep-08 01:38 AM, #13
Reply Thanks, Kharnial (Guest), 09-Sep-08 11:46 AM, #23
Reply DAmn..., lezra (Guest), 09-Sep-08 12:29 AM, #11
Reply oh ya, Lezra (Guest), 09-Sep-08 12:52 AM, #12
     Reply Initially I had qualms about you, Kharnial (Guest), 09-Sep-08 11:38 AM, #22
Reply Heh ~, Ahtieli (Guest), 08-Sep-08 11:31 PM, #10
Reply RE: Kharnial Gone, Camridarinil (Guest), 08-Sep-08 11:13 PM, #8
Reply Thanks for the compliments, Kharnial (Guest), 09-Sep-08 01:32 PM, #37
     Reply re herbs, Camridarinil (Guest), 09-Sep-08 03:40 PM, #40
Reply Eshypoo? WTF?, Eshval, 08-Sep-08 10:42 PM, #6
Reply Eshypoo was my nickname for you since 2005, Kharnial (Guest), 08-Sep-08 10:48 PM, #7
     Reply Okay, Eshval, 08-Sep-08 11:28 PM, #9
Reply Fun fights, Myn (Guest), 08-Sep-08 10:37 PM, #3
Reply Yea, it was fun fighting you, Kharnial (Guest), 08-Sep-08 10:39 PM, #4
Reply Well done., Sammuel (Guest), 08-Sep-08 10:36 PM, #2
Reply It has it's perks, Kharnial (Guest), 08-Sep-08 10:41 PM, #5
Reply Kharnial Forms, JMCC, 08-Sep-08 10:07 PM, #1

EshvalTue 30-Dec-08 02:46 AM
Member since 22nd Aug 2004
519 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#75381, "Pfft"
In response to Reply #0

One of my favorites!
This is late in coming, but I am not around much. I thoroughly enjoyed watching and interacting with you at all levels. You were laid back but the way a snake lays back waiting for prey...very nice.

Eshval's email
BlackMarquessa@gmail.com

Eshval's slightly off-center (unofficial) blog.
http://blackmarquessa.blogspot.com/

Kharnial (Guest)Tue 16-Sep-08 10:58 PM

#72165, "After looking at my PBF, there are two things I noticed..."
In response to Reply #0

First of all, one of my deaths was due to a 8 on 1 gang! HAH!

Secondly, 147 pks? I thought I was barely at the 100 mark...good stuff.

Thirdly, I have to object to your comment Baer.

# of logouts without their cabal item 21

That's within 300+ hours of logins. In fact, most of those were due to emergencies or eventual boredom, as I tried never to log off without my item. Maybe it's a spur of the moment thing. I know it's a pbf and doesn't really matter, as I had a blast with this character, but given what I had to go through during my entire duration of playing Kharnial, I'm somewhat offended. You can ask anyone - there are reasons why I went against such outstanding odds.

Kharni (Guest)Tue 16-Sep-08 11:07 PM

#72166, "Oh, and Daev - Did you mean so much "for" quest form di..."
In response to Reply #53

Besides that one time where I inquired on how weak it was, I used it very very well and thought it was much more powerful than I expected.

LyristeonTue 16-Sep-08 11:37 PM
Member since 02nd Jan 2004
1282 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#72167, "I will field this one as well."
In response to Reply #53

Umm. That's not the part of the logouts that Baer was talking about. It's the login/logouts that happen in less than 5 minutes. You had quite a few of those and were really close to taking a beating for it. If you had been an average character in a loaded cabal, you most likely would have been pulled aside at a third of your hours. You were given some leeway as you were usually the only one about. There were a few that I saw personally where the login/logout was less than a minute, and that's not good at all.

Logging out without your cabal item after playing for awhile and trying to retrieve is looked at quite differently. Those numbers don't bother us nearly as much as logging in, doing a who pk and logging out. That has nothing to do with emergencies or boredom.

Kharnial (Guest)Wed 17-Sep-08 12:56 PM

#72181, "Really?"
In response to Reply #55

I vaguely recall maybe 5 or 6 times I did that. Log on, didn't feel like playing, then logged off. FYI I didn't have any characters above level 10 during the duration of Kharnial's play.

I'm fairly sure those incidents happened towards the mid to end of Kharnial's life (200 hours +). That's why I was wondering what the deal with the comment on 140 hours is...

In fact, I don't even remember what I was doing around that time besides fighting odds with Igbah and Waris.

Kharnial (Guest)Wed 17-Sep-08 12:58 PM

#72182, "Addendum"
In response to Reply #57

If it was before 6pm on a weekday, I logged on for a moment to check notes at work (can't mud during work because I have too much #### to do) then logged out.

Random Person (Guest)Wed 17-Sep-08 02:08 PM

#72183, "Well, even if you do nothing and have no other characte..."
In response to Reply #58

you'll still get smacked hard for logging in, doing nothing, and then logging out. Potential OOC connections, you see. Heh.

Kharnial (Guest)Wed 17-Sep-08 02:21 PM

#72184, "Yea, I can see where they're coming from. I took the co..."
In response to Reply #59

Hard to distinguish intentions and underlying circumstances through texts.

LyristeonWed 17-Sep-08 08:37 PM
1282 posts
#72198, "The main thing is..."
In response to Reply #60

I never saw you log in another character after watching you do that. The last time I saw you do it, you had just done it for the 10th time. For an average character, I will give them the benefit of the doubt 3-5 times. Once that is passed, I start watching a lot more to see if anything funky is going on. If I see that another character is being logged in after it, I will realm them both.

Kharnial was an awesome character to watch. When you were playing, you were balls to the walls fighting your enemies. When I see a player playing like that, they will get some leeway as long as they aren't trying to use an ooc advantage. The numbers were bad enough for a realm, the reasons weren't.

This is my point of view and another imm may look at it quite differently. Baer putting it in your history was absolutely the right thing to do so that the other imms could also look for patterns that may have been bad.

Stunna1 (Guest)Wed 17-Sep-08 08:47 PM

#72199, "RE: The main thing is..."
In response to Reply #64

So if the guy is playing he's kick ass and everyone likes him. But if he logs on, looks at what he's got in store for that next 2 hours and says "not fun," logs off and goes and hugs his wife (or whatever) we aren't okay with that?

Not stating an opinion one way or the other, just trying to be clear.

RayihnWed 17-Sep-08 09:16 PM
Member since 08th Oct 2006
1147 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#72200, "Yes..."
In response to Reply #65

It's mostly to try and keep people playing by the rules and also to work with the reward system of the mud. As much of a pain in the ass as it can be, cabal leader is still a reward at the end of the day. There are lots of people who would like the opportunity to be leader of Scion. PK ability isn't everything, esp when it comes to cabal leadership.

If Kharnial had been a leader in either of the cabals I oversee, I would have replaced him and or talked to him about it quite a long time before his 300+ hours.

Also keep in mind our rules against scouting and the like. I'm certainly not saying Kharnial was doing these things but in general if we see people with a lot of short log ins it starts to look suspicious.

Lightmaged (Guest)Wed 17-Sep-08 11:02 PM

#72204, "Thing is with log ins...."
In response to Reply #66

I try to grab some play time whenever I can. I might get home from work, my wife is at the gym or grocery store, etc. So I think to myself I'll go nab a few things and see what happens for 30min or so. Soon as I log in, the garage door goes, and its like ####e...gonna go help unload groceries. Log out.

Or use role contests for example. I might have just won a reward, and want to check what it is. Or maybe I wrote a role addition at work and want to Add it so I dont forget and then log off. Or read a few notes.

Lots of reasons for quick log ins and outs.

Even the lopsided cabal stuff. If you have an hour to kill and plan to log on and mix it up. You log on, see that your cabal has 12 members and they are all sitting around the fortress...you might figure, hell I think I will go play Xbox for a bit.

Unfortunately, you were playing Scion, which everytime you logged in for whatever reason, your opposition was overwhelming, so it is easy to construe theories for the log ins.

To JMC: Dont sweat it. Those of us who were actually playing agaisnt you or with you, thought you did great. People reading into the background stuff can't anticipate every reason or thought that went through your head. Nor should they.

RayihnThu 18-Sep-08 08:47 AM
Member since 08th Oct 2006
1147 posts
#72215, "RE: Thing is with log ins...."
In response to Reply #68

And that's why we won't do anything except maybe comment on it for the first several. But when it comes to 15 where you log in, type who, and log right back off....you have to admit it starts to become suspicious. Besides, would you rather we not watch people to grab them for scouting the who list so they can log on their char that has the most favorable range? Trust me, the majority of the people who are scouting aren't looking for a tough range, they're the ones that are tipping the pendulum even further.

Kharnial (Guest)Thu 18-Sep-08 01:02 PM

#72217, "Yea, I'd expect imms to note such actions if it was fre..."
In response to Reply #75

n/t

Daurwyn (Guest)Thu 18-Sep-08 05:59 PM

#72226, "Can't you put it in context?"
In response to Reply #75

You are talking about a character that tried to retrieve against groups of 5+ reasonably regularly.

Why would someone like this be selectively logging in and out? He took huge numbers of enemies on, alone. And yet you think he might be trying to avoiding them by logging out?

Personally, I would think to myself that the character that logs on and off might well be trying to avoid a challenge (and I suspect it happens a lot). But in this case, the character sought out challenge a lot. So why does he get slurs on his character?! Isn't it clear in this case that there is likely to be a legitimate reason?

LyristeonThu 18-Sep-08 06:53 PM
1282 posts
#72227, "RE: Can't you put it in context?"
In response to Reply #77

Even if that character is a kick ass character and they get caught using it as an ooc advantage at some point, they will get busted.

There is no legitimate reason to do this sort of thing as much as Kharnial did. They just didn't get busted for doing it because they weren't using it to create an ooc advantage.

It was not okay that Kharnial did this. They weren't rewarded nearly as much as they might have been because of it. The decision was left to the immortal leaders of Scion as to whether or not they would be punished. Now, whether or not the immortal leaders of Scion were going to or not is completely up to them.

Daurwyn (Guest)Thu 18-Sep-08 07:17 PM

#72229, "That's not quite my point"
In response to Reply #78

I'm not saying that if a "kick ass" character does selective logging in to avoid danger, that it should be tolerated. In fact, I strongly agree with you that it should not.

What I am saying is that if a character does put themselves at real risk, on a regular basis and by their own choice (and Kharnial did), that they are almost certainly not the sort of player that selectively logs in to gain an advantage. The ones that are probably logging in to gain advantage are the ones that avoid risk when they are logged on.

So in summary:
- wusses who selectively log on don't tend to take real risks when they are on
- those who take real risks when they are on, are probably not wusses who selectively log in and out.

Ultimately, someone who takes real risks (not to be confused with an abs powerhouse who isn't truly at risk from their enemies) doesn't really benefit much by selective logging in and out.

WarEagle2 (Guest)Thu 18-Sep-08 07:26 PM

#72230, "Kind of missing his though."
In response to Reply #79

Don't know anything about KH, but hear great things.

Having said that, I think five minute(or less) log-in/log-out that happens frequent enough to be noticed is the problem.

The only reason why it wasn't a problem is b/c KH was so amazing.

That's what I gather from all this.

LyristeonThu 18-Sep-08 08:24 PM
1282 posts
#72231, "Right for the most part."
In response to Reply #80

It was still a problem that he was doing it. But, he wasn't using it to create an advantage for another character of his. And because he would act differently when logged on, we left it up to the cabal leaders to decide whether or not he should be punished.

If he had been caught doing it one time where another character of his was involved, again, no evidence this every happened, then he would have been busted.

When this character was logged in for long periods of time, odds weren't an issue. If he had shown himself to be different from that, such as avoiding tough fights, he would have been busted for it.

Kharnial (Guest)Thu 18-Sep-08 08:37 PM

#72232, "I really don't remember doing it that many times."
In response to Reply #81

If you guys get some free time in your busy schedule, that'd be interesting to see how many times I did it. Chances are it was near the end instead of the beginning also.

Anyways, I really didn't want this to be blown up that big. It's a slight blemish on an otherwise really nice pbf history. Everyone gets blemishes - look at Cabdru's.

As for the rewards, I am more than content with what I got.

For all the people who are curious, the times were due to my boredom. It really was - there was no ooc connection, etc. in connection with the said login/logoffs. Even now as I handle my RL stuff and I contemplate playing again, I don't get the excited feeling that I once had about trying new stuff. Maybe I will come back eventually when I get that spark returned.

Have fun everyone. I'll be around the forums, etc. but won't have any characters in the foreseeable future.

Kharnial (Guest)Thu 18-Sep-08 08:40 PM

#72233, "As for the way the comment was phrased..."
In response to Reply #82

If it was me writing the comment, I would've used a much more neutral tone. Maybe it was written in haste - of course I'll give Baer the benefit of a doubt. However, when reading it initially and even now, it does suggest aggression towards my character.

WarEagle2 (Guest)Thu 18-Sep-08 10:02 PM

#72236, "No blemish."
In response to Reply #83

I haven't seen one bad word about your character, and trust me(and you know) that is f'ing hard to avoid.

I want you to know, imo(I don't know baer), means she wanted to comment that it happened. If a pattern is established(for motive), you gotta get smacked. None of that happened(or so I see).

I -hope- every IMM logs a person that log-on/log-out (within 5 mins). Because it's sketchy. Be it you're reading notes, checking your HP, whatever.

If you log on, be ready to play.

Kharnial (Guest)Fri 19-Sep-08 10:56 AM

#72249, "Yea, one of the reasons I deleted..."
In response to Reply #84

It's nearly impossible to multitask when playing the mud since you have to pay attention 24/7. Just not a luxury I can afford atm.

DaevrynThu 18-Sep-08 11:29 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#72237, "RE: Can't you put it in context?"
In response to Reply #77

Sure, it is in context.

I saw Kharnial try to retrieve against the odds about five times.

I saw Kharnial log off very fast against the odds about ten times.

In that case, would you automatically round in favor of courage without knowing any additional information? I wouldn't.

I literally cannot think of a character in recent memory who had a crappy range and quit right away even half as many times as Kharnial did. People generally are thrown out of their cabals before they get that far.

It's something that's worthy of note. There's just no reasonable way to justify it not being worthy of note.

And for all of that, he had a quest form and was the leader of his cabal. Is that not in context?

Kharnial (Guest)Fri 19-Sep-08 10:55 AM

#72248, "Discrepancies in info"
In response to Reply #85

The comment was made when I had 139 hours. I got chancellor at 190ish.

As for the 5 to 10 ratio, I'm 90% sure that is an exaggeration. At the very most, the quick login/logoffs were near the middle to end of Kharnial's life.

TwistFri 19-Sep-08 09:16 AM
Member since 23rd Sep 2006
3431 posts
#72244, "There are enemies and then there are enemies..."
In response to Reply #77

This isn't really related to Kharnial necessarily - I don't know the ranges he logged out against/fought against. But it *should* address your point.

I made damn sure never to login/logout as Hunsobo. If I HAD been one to do that sort of thing, though, I wouldn't have logged in and logged out if there were five given Fortress on and me alone with no Codex. If it were, say, 3 (average) paladins, a shapeshifter, and an assassin? I'd have prepped up and gone after the Codex anyways, because they had no real way to keep me in combat and, depending on my suit, I had a good chance of killing one before I had to flee.

However, if there was only ONE Fortguy on, and it was, say, Enarn? Or Queliryon? Or maybe if it was Niheriva and Niela (quicksand+LoHdispel+wrathcurse FTW!)? If I were the sort to logon/logoff, those single/double odds would be WAY more scary than five "average" forties who had no way to stop me from fleeing if I needed to.

Again - not saying Kharnial did that. I *am* saying that the times Kharnial went to retrieve against 5, he was possibly not really all that afraid of being unable to escape.

And again, for my part, I thought Kharnial was a very ballsy guy. I didn't see a ton of him but what I did see I liked. The above explanation is meant as a more general response to "putting it in context."

Kharnial (Guest)Fri 19-Sep-08 12:57 PM

#72251, "Spot on"
In response to Reply #86

>Again - not saying Kharnial did that. I *am* saying that the
>times Kharnial went to retrieve against 5, he was possibly not
>really all that afraid of being unable to escape.

There were only a few times when I was concerned that I may not be able to escape. Between tiger/spider/bash protection/flight/near anti sleep/abs/ehrenlord/tattoo (which I used rarely) and the fact that the Fortress guys were so stupid as to attack me 6 on one instead of splitting into three groups of 2 each in a room, I knew I would escape if I had to most of the time. I guess that's where my frustration with Venecfis came up - it was really hard to go balls to the wall most of the time as I didn't have that many options to escape.

Tactics >>>>> Gank

JavaWed 17-Sep-08 09:23 PM
Member since 07th Apr 2003
1055 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#72201, "Umm.. did Kharnial ever actually get punished in any wa..."
In response to Reply #65

A note was put in his history, so that other Imms could be aware of it.

And.. that was the extent of it. He didn't get denied. He didn't get RODed. He didn't get get booted. He didn't get de-leaderized. He got.. a slightly less-sterling PBF.

Seriously.. it seems like some people try their damndest to make something out of nothing. It's pathetic.

Kharnial (Guest)Thu 18-Sep-08 01:03 AM

#72206, "Wasn't trying to make a big fuss."
In response to Reply #67

Sorry if it was construed as such. Just curious - this slight thread could've ended a while back after Lyr/Twist explained that it's about the short logins. I misinterpreted it as a mention of logging off as a wuss.

Stunna1 (Guest)Thu 18-Sep-08 07:50 AM

#72214, "RE: Umm.. did Kharnial ever actually get punished in an..."
In response to Reply #67

Not sure if your just prone to starting arguments, or if you're being sincere. I'd like to politely point out that no one, including me, is arguing - I think we're all just trying to get clarification on how we're supposed to act.

DaevrynThu 18-Sep-08 01:44 AM
11117 posts
#72207, "RE: The main thing is..."
In response to Reply #65

>So if the guy is playing he's kick ass and everyone likes
>him. But if he logs on, looks at what he's got in store for
>that next 2 hours and says "not fun," logs off and goes and
>hugs his wife (or whatever) we aren't okay with that?
>
>Not stating an opinion one way or the other, just trying to be
>clear.

I would say as a caballed character, no you can't make a habit out of doing that. That doesn't mean you have to stick around for 2 hours either if you're not having fun, but a character who logs on, doesn't like his range/item situation, logs back off shouldn't be caballed.

DaevrynThu 18-Sep-08 01:47 AM
11117 posts
#72208, "Additionally:"
In response to Reply #70

With respect to cabal leadership especially, I look at it like this:

If you were the kind of guy who is, say, die-hard Battle and will try to get the item back no matter what, how would you feel if the leader of your cabal was very fair-weather, and one day logged in and threw you out of the cabal for a not-especially-good reason?

Kharnial definitely never did anything like that, but the thought that it could happen bugs me a bit.

(I'm a lot more willing to back an active / die-hard cabal leader if they're making unpopular choices -- at least they have to live with the consequences.)

Gulkra (Guest)Thu 18-Sep-08 07:34 AM

#72213, "HAR! Sorry, I had to. ~~"
In response to Reply #71

Yeesh.
I actually laughed at that.

Good point though, if the cabal leader didn't have the "guts" to do the same as the hardcore badass, it'd seem wrong to just toss them out with all their efforts.

TwistWed 17-Sep-08 03:14 PM
3431 posts
#72185, "My thoughts on the matter"
In response to Reply #57

I pretty much agree with Lyr - I'll not really bag on someone who has been on for a few hours and then quits out without their item, especially if it seems like they genuinely tried to retrieve. A guy with 1 or 2 enemies (only) who doesn't even attempt? I'll bag on him a little.

But if you're going to logon to CF, as a caballed/heroed/"Known" character, it is my opinion (solely mine, not the staff's, necessarily) that you should make sure when logging in that you have at least 1/2 to play. If only for appearances' sake.

All the above said, I watched Kharnial quite a bit from immland and mortaldom and can agree with Isildur - I never really saw you as anything short of a doggedly determined retrieval bunny.

Ok maybe not the bunny part, but the rest.

IsildurWed 17-Sep-08 12:15 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
#72177, "RE: After looking at my PBF, there are two things I not..."
In response to Reply #53

I'll cosign on this. When I was around, at least, Kharnial would come try to retrieve even if he was outnumbered 5 to 1.

DaevrynWed 17-Sep-08 04:38 PM
11117 posts
#72190, "Kharnial and his cabal item..."
In response to Reply #53

In this respect, Kharnial was an extremely uneven character.

He definitely charged in a number of times I saw at bad odds.

But he also logged in, had the item missing and a crappy range, and quit out really fast at least half a dozen times that I personally saw, and many more times than that that I can dig up in the logs.

So in a sense you were simultaneously one of the guys in the cabal who pulled the most gutsy retrievals, as well as being (unquestionably -- it's not even close) the guy in the cabal who pussed out the most times.

This was something I really struggled with in my evaluation of Kharnial -- I can think of dozens of characters thrown out of their cabal for logging off when times were tough, and not one of them did it half as many times as Kharnial did. Yet, overall, he was a reasonably gutsy and cool character.

Something to keep in mind for your next. I couldn't really justify giving you rewards or anything for your cool moments, when you were leader of a cabal and yet someone I would have thrown out of the cabal if it were mine.

Kharnial (Guest)Wed 17-Sep-08 05:21 PM

#72192, "Thanks"
In response to Reply #62

I remember having the intention of always retrieving my cabal items when I logged on, but sometimes failing. Honestly, I can't remember that many times where I logged off immediately because of pussing out. I mean, I'll take the imms words on it, but I personally don't remember it being that many, especially when the odds were stacked against me. Maybe it's that the times where I just continued to play gave that much more of a lasting impression.

Huh. Strange how the mind works.

If I were to play again, I don't think I'll go for a leader. That's one of the reasons why I didn't go all out in the rituals with Rektath. Even being a drillmaster was a burnout. I just don't fancy taking on that responsibility as a Mort, especially when the cool stuff that I would want to do would be limited. Just not my cup of tea to take on that responsibility.

LyristeonThu 18-Sep-08 07:05 AM
1282 posts
#72212, "And this is why..."
In response to Reply #63

There was restraint on booting and giving rewards. Pussing out is overly evident when level 51 guy logs in/ logs out in a very quick manner and logs in low level guy. I didn't see that. If it was the pussing out thing, it was pretty much countered by your actions when you stayed logged in.

Because of this, it was more of a cabal issue than a rules issue. But, just barely. It was literally that close of a decision. But, because there was the doubt, you most likely didn't get some other rewards that may have come from when you were doing the right thing.

If it was a pussing out thing at any point, only you would know for sure. And unless the evidence supports assbaggery or lameness, I prefer to err on the side of caution and not realm the player. You pretty much have to be a screw up to earn a beating from me.

TheManNamedSam (Guest)Fri 12-Sep-08 06:47 PM

#72109, "Awesome my friend."
In response to Reply #0

I totally smoked Aenthian

Was fun hanging with you the limited time we did hang. A shame, Tiger/Cheetah or Tiger/Goose would have been NARSTY.

Lerzion (Guest)Wed 10-Sep-08 12:59 PM

#72006, "We had a couple of good ones."
In response to Reply #0

I thought we had some really good fights, that time in Pine Forest when you caught me with my pants down was not much fun. My heart was definitely racing there and I'm glad I "woke up" before the end. This situation quite honestly is why I didn't feel sorry one bit for you when you fell to me in a similar fashion. I thought everything was good with you except the threats, but that might have just been an IC thing and if it was a role, then that is cool. Anyway, you were tough to defend the giant against with that Tiger. Man did I give it my best shots, but you just have the tactic down on that one. Anyway, good luck with your next.

Kharnial (Guest)Fri 12-Sep-08 06:32 PM

#72108, "All about tactics"
In response to Reply #49

Sure my forms were good, but I always think of tactics before all else.

That pine forest fight was fun...I didn't realize you were idle until like 4 rounds in. Dreamwalked to you and I highly expected to get you. Good job getting away.

Have fun!

Ruhk (Guest)Wed 10-Sep-08 04:29 AM

#71994, "RE: Kharnial Gone"
In response to Reply #0

Awesomeness overall. You pwned quite a few villagers and me even. I think our fights were fairly placed with me being on the losing side of things with major disadvantages. I loved your guts and attitude, I remember you as Venefcis and I'm glad I killed you back then cause killing Kharnial was damn near difficult! I'm glad for your tough as nails leader and the fun dynamic your char brought to the game. GLWYN!

Ruhk

Kharnial (Guest)Fri 12-Sep-08 06:31 PM

#72107, "Thanks"
In response to Reply #48

I know you make a positive influence on the game, despite what some of the naysayers say. Keep it up and have a good time!

Fendril (Guest)Tue 09-Sep-08 04:57 PM

#71965, "All you Scions look alike too..."
In response to Reply #0

Couldn't resist that one . Between you, Waris, and Igbah I wanted nothing more than to roll up a Scion after Fendril died. Then I realized I know almost nothing about scion dogma. Oh well. I thought you were very well RP and I was very happy that I never had to fight you. I think we spared once when you were a criminal, but other than that, no. Very well done, right down to the steal of a kill of the Huntress. Man was I pissed, but I had to just chuckle and say well done.

Kharnial (Guest)Tue 09-Sep-08 05:16 PM

#71966, "That was the time when Outlanders were in power"
In response to Reply #42

I think it was three tribbies and me re-raiding outlanders. That was the highlight of the day.

I wish I had a stance against Tribbies. However, the religion dictated that I shouldn't be wanted alot. Even thought I somewhat failed in that regard, I couldn't justify being actively be the aggressor against Tribbies, especially since I was so nice to Tribbies when I first joined Scions (it was the Udgaard upbringing and that outlanders were the majority).

Fendril was a rocking Provost. I enjoyed my interaction with you with Vehldriss where I was trying to convince you that you needed my help to be the Provost. You were spot on and shined alot when I played Kharnial.

Kudos

EshvalTue 09-Sep-08 06:09 PM
519 posts
#71975, "Scions"
In response to Reply #42

Yes all Scions look alike, they all wear big black hats and "Boston Blackie" mustaches.

Eshval's email
BlackMarquessa@gmail.com

Kharnial (Guest)Tue 09-Sep-08 04:06 PM

#71963, "To the Imms re: Logs"
In response to Reply #0

I have a few logs where I was a nightmare...it does show nightmare skills. Since it is a quest class, I defer to your judgment if it's acceptable to post the log/stats.

Thoughts?

Lightmaged (Guest)Tue 09-Sep-08 05:29 PM

#71968, "Why not...every other quest form gets posted. n/t"
In response to Reply #41

n/t

TwistTue 09-Sep-08 08:17 PM
3431 posts
#71986, "I don't think it'd be a problem..."
In response to Reply #41

Folks got plenty of chances to see you in action with it, either fighting against you, alongside you, or hoping to loot your kills. So long as nothing is revealed that couldn't be seen from that, it shouldn't be an issue.

*Hope the other Imms, specifically those who implemented the form, don't disagree.

Neleai (Guest)Tue 09-Sep-08 01:52 PM

#71956, "RE: Kharnial Gone"
In response to Reply #0

I didnt get a chance to interact with you beyond trying to kill each other(or rather you trying to kill me and me defending) I wish I had a couple more one on ones...I actually had a chance against you(mainly because porcupine is very good against shifters). Not so much of a chance with Waris around, but you know how that is, I'm sure.

I probably would have never killed you even if I put in a real effort. Neleai doesn't attack anyone except to defend and I am not sure you noticed but I don't engage in fights inside towns unless its to protect someone else, so pretty much you could have just attacked me all day, and I can watch you run away

Anyway, what few fights we had were good, and I wish I wasnt so inactive the last few days so we could have participated on some more nightmare on porcupine fights. Good luck with your next, and try not to be the next big Anti paladin and smack me around silly.

Kharnial (Guest)Tue 09-Sep-08 02:08 PM

#71957, "Stupid porcupine"
In response to Reply #38

I swear, that form is sooo buff against shifters. I didn't have a chance in hell of beating you unless I went full wands and used some scrolls/talismans along with a staff. I had an elaborate plan just on beating you, but I guess that plan didn't pan out. You were a pain in the neck, certainly, but a very well played character.

I wish you the best.

Applicant2 (Guest)Tue 09-Sep-08 01:20 PM

#71951, "RE: Kharnial Gone"
In response to Reply #0

As an opposing player, I really liked you. You never seem scared to take risks and you were really inventive with what you were given. As an applicant, I didn't care for you. You were ridiculously hard to get in contact with. Then you gave quests that really only gauged a persons pk ability. I had a way to test you on this, but unfortunately I never saw you again. Testing dedication is one thing, but to me it just came across as a lazy leader. Given the deletion though, you may have just been burnt out. Anyway great lists of characters.

Instead of jumping in with a goodie. I'd say start with a Nexan. It will help the transition a little more.

Kharnial (Guest)Tue 09-Sep-08 01:28 PM

#71953, "Applicants"
In response to Reply #33

Not so much as a lazy leader, more so as a sadistic one. Most, if not all, the pk tests I gave were scion apps v. scion apps. Made for a much more interesting time.

When I was made chancellor, I was told to keep down the inductions (we aren't the empire). I initially tried to keep it down to two people per class, but that quickly fell through. Then I tried the rp method of creating a niche in the Scions, and while that was good, I knew that people would burn out given the huge pendulum swing. What better method of testing out pk then having apps pitted against each other?

Sorry if that left a sour taste in your mouth. I thought it was appropriate.

Good luck with Scions.

Tlingit (Guest)Tue 09-Sep-08 01:11 PM

#71949, "RE: Kharnial Gone"
In response to Reply #0

We didnt get to interact a lot as the cabal dynamics didnt seem to place much reason for us to.
we had some good fights with you a few days there, neither of us managed to kill the other, I never used rods fighting you because I was too busy using them up to fight the Village hoard that kept coming at the spire for those days. I think we had about ten distinct fights those couple days and we seemed pretty much evenly matched, you almost got me that one time with the portal trick in Galadon for the nightwalkers, and I almost got you on the outskirts a couple times, some of the better head to head shifter fights as far as adrenaline tactics wise for this char so far. I tried shifting to gator one of the times to beat on tiger, but when you're hitting for Dismembers against mangles because you're unwanded and opponent isnt, back to croc, wait out the wands, and fight again, then I almost had you, but damned if you aint quick at the getaway tactics as you are at the engage timing. Overall had some fun fights, I wish I could have had a chance to talk to you more aside from you running into guild or whereever I was in the city, looking at me as nightmare and then you're off again. I always figured you were hoping i'd be gushing or lower to try a blitz style attack one me. Overall I thought you were a solid char, but never really got to RP much, I guess i'll find out more in your PBF. Play me a neutral/goodie trib I could use a little backup in the Spire.

Kharnial (Guest)Tue 09-Sep-08 01:24 PM

#71952, "Shifter v shifter fights are tough"
In response to Reply #31

I found that the person who dispels haste/stone skin first is usually the winner.

I didn't know what to make of you. I thought you were a cool character, and most noteably an underdog, but at the same time, didn't know much of your RP. I knew it was the same from your perspective. It's unfortunately that such had to be, but with Kharnial, I didn't have a good grasp on how I wanted to treat the law. On hindsight, I do wish I interacted more with you, but alas, it was never meant to be.

Tlingit (Guest)Tue 09-Sep-08 01:28 PM

#71954, "for Lezra"
In response to Reply #34

This isnt for you, but more for Lezra
Thank you for letting Kharnial and I duke it out 1v1 on the outskirts instead of joining in to change the outcome.

Applicant (Guest)Tue 09-Sep-08 11:51 AM

#71941, "RE: Kharnial Gone"
In response to Reply #0

From what I heard you were great. We have severely different playing times (and still do). I have been wanting to meet with you, but sometimes life doesn't let that happen. Oh well. I'll continue down the path. Lets see what month number 3 of looking to be inducted brings .

Good luck and thanks for the chips!

Kharnial (Guest)Tue 09-Sep-08 01:18 PM

#71950, "Doh!"
In response to Reply #25

That's one of the downfalls of being a leader. You really don't want to disappoint any applicants, especially if your times don't mesh up. Sorry if it's been 3 months...I thought I was diligent on the applicants, speaking to them ASAP, etc. Hopefully you'll find your way in.

Lsoelel (Guest)Tue 09-Sep-08 11:25 AM

#71937, "RE: Kharnial Gone"
In response to Reply #0

Excellent char and RP. The point where I really started liked Kharnial was when I was sleeping in our guild and woke up to you looming over me. I think you said something like "How easy it would be to slit your throat" and teleported. Ha! Class act.

Trying manage RL and this game is challenging. I can only imagine how more so as a cabal leader and the opposite side of the pendulum. Hope you get some time and make your way back soon (esp. if we're on opposing sides).

Kharnial (Guest)Tue 09-Sep-08 12:53 PM

#71948, "I try"
In response to Reply #21

I hope I came off as creepy as I wanted to be. There were some situations where I thought I hit my rp right on. That incident was one of them.

I liked your character alot. I thought you played a bit more conservative than you had to, but I attributed that to your forms and that it appeared you were somewhat new to the class. I imagine you will eventually become a force to reckon with.

Good luck.

Dhaath (Guest)Tue 09-Sep-08 11:11 AM

#71935, "Much much respect"
In response to Reply #0

First of all I would like to apologise for the Mharr deletion thread thing. It was definitely not my intention to brag or boast or to belittle your achievements. I unconditionally apologise for that oversight.

You were, without doubt, the toughest shifter I faced. Lezra comes a close second. We had some really good close fights. There was one in chessmasters where you got me. Lots of battles at the village. I kicked myself more than once for battering the nightwalker instead of the nightmare

The nightmare seemed easier to fight than the tiger somehow. I hope you enjoyed the much deserved quest form.

It always excites me to see an intelligent shifter. Any shifter who can revert and perform tricks is always deadly. Hyzin, Lightmage, Sletren, all the good shifters always use out of form tricks. You went a step ahead and used a low tier form to deadly effect. I was not too bothered about getting blinded because I could kill the nightwalkers pretty quickly, but I knew I could not kill you without exotics.

You are right about the gear thing. I tried to return you everything I could, even the powerful magical items because I want to see a strong character remain strong and provide me a challenge. I would never take a Hunsobo's gear, or Kharghurln's axe and returned Kostyan all his gear a couple times. What is the game without a really tough char you can barely beat under the right circumstances.

Very well done. I thought you took your RP up a notch though you yourself seem a bit dissatisfied with it. Good luck with life and hope to see you soon back here. Cya.

Kharnial (Guest)Tue 09-Sep-08 12:47 PM

#71947, "You got progressively more dangerous"
In response to Reply #19

I remember when I used to steamroll you and felt sorry whenever we fought. Suddenly, you were throwing out oblits and beating the #### out of me. I was really really really confused.

At a certain point as a shifter, you get bored with the bite, tendonslash, etc. I was contemplating on using wands, but decided not to, especially against a battering deathblowing HPM villager. Besides Mharr, you were the second Villager I had the most respect for.

I was a bit disappointed by my RP. I thought I could do much more. I think one of the changes I would like the imms to implement is the use of emotes. Maybe it's just me, but I was able to RP much more in the other muds I played in because of the various emote like commands.

Dhaath (Guest)Tue 09-Sep-08 11:16 PM

#71989, "I was going to a plan"
In response to Reply #29

I was happy to remain in Mharr's shadow until I was set the way I wanted to be. I nearly did not take part in the first arena competition because I wanted to be an unknown guy until I could blow up in the hero ranks and catch everyone by surprise. Initially I was a bit passive and just following the lead not really prepping up and all. Took my fair share of beatings pre-hero. I got very very aggressive later.

One reason I tend to stay away from shapeshifters is because I feel muzzled. I can't express personalities or develop character quirks as well as I could otherwise and therefore I quickly degenerate into mindless pking and delete. A nexan shifter is slightly better though.

Tubnic (Guest)Tue 09-Sep-08 11:09 AM

#71934, "RE: Kharnial Gone"
In response to Reply #0

Stats/description on nightmare?

Tubnic (Guest)Tue 09-Sep-08 11:12 AM

#71936, "RE: Kharnial Gone"
In response to Reply #18

Disregard that, just saw that line of not posting it *tear*

IsildurTue 09-Sep-08 08:55 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
#71929, "RE: Kharnial Gone"
In response to Reply #0

Good job. Hopefully I put the fear of God into you, finding you in obscure places after you'd teleported away to rest. Too bad I didn't have a good way of initiating combat w/ a lag move.

You were the main reason I appealed for vanish to work inside cabals. Camel spit meant I couldn't even use an orb of travel, if I happened to have one on me.

Kharnial (Guest)Tue 09-Sep-08 12:30 PM

#71945, "Miz!"
In response to Reply #17

Miz was one of those in the Fort who really stood out. In fact, out of everyone in the fort, I think you had the most guts...####, you'd even defend alone when Waris and I came at you guys. Although you didn't technically put the fear of god in me, I had mad respect for your character and your playing style.

Have fun with your next!

Iltanthal (Guest)Tue 09-Sep-08 08:23 AM

#71925, "Our fights"
In response to Reply #0

I'd like to think (hope) that I stand out as one who tried to give you one v one fights as often as possible (and stayed out of the large(st) of the ganks).

At first you just totally owned me. You actually taught me a lot about fighting a shapeshifter. Toward the end I felt like I could probably give you a good fight (if not necessarily really instill any sort of fear) and, on the occasions where you didn't have barrier, have a minute chance of landing a surprise kill.

I don't think it happened though.

You played a great char. RP with a shifter is hard, but you did a fair amount of it. MASSIVE respect for hanging around during Fort O'clock. I can't tell you how tempting it was to delete and roll something evil after a couple weeks of that, but I figured some of the others would start doing that and I didn't want to contribute to an opposite-direction-pendulum.

Lastly, I felt pretty bad about your last death (that I was involved in). I should have assumed you were afk. I think you probably would've died anyways, given the circumstances, but if I had it to do over again I'd not have attacked.

Kharnial (Guest)Tue 09-Sep-08 12:14 PM

#71943, "Sorry for not mentioning you"
In response to Reply #16

You were definitely a class act and one of those in the Fort who shined during Fort'O'Clock. You chose a very good combo, and combine that with Maran power, became quite a force to be reckoned with.

Among most of the Marans, you did attempt to go out of your way and fight solo. I appreciate that. Funny thing is, you had a better chance of killing me when you fought solo, as I almost never used barrier against you.

No worries about the last death. I was preparing dinner and didn't know I had been marked. In retrospect, that was really well done by Lerzion, and he couldn't possibly have known I was AFK. Sorry for the bitching Lerz.

Good luck with the remainder of your time!

Volubryotr (Guest)Tue 09-Sep-08 06:42 AM

#71924, "RE: Kharnial Gone"
In response to Reply #0

While I really couldn't do anything to you... at all Hehe
It was still fun, and I have to admit that the time you
blinded Ren and I... I think it was Ren anyway. And retrieved
while we had spit in our eyes was hilarious (ONLY from the player's
end... hehe) How poetic, spit in our eyes and take back the scepter.
Right in front of us.

Though you and waris, even facing you at the watcher, just ... not pretty. Apparently my one command should have been flee, cause I only got in one! It took like 20 seconds or so IRL to drop me and I got in ONE command! OMG! hehe. I was sitting at the pit going... okay, remember not to do THAT again!

Kharnial was and evil guy you could hate without 'hating' if
you know what I mean, well done! (and I wish I could do that)

Good luck with the next.

Kharnial (Guest)Tue 09-Sep-08 12:09 PM

#71942, "Fun fights"
In response to Reply #15

Yea, Paladin vs. shifter fights are pretty much one way if the shifter fully preps. That being said, I thought your paladin was fairly successful. It seemed like a lot of time, you just didn't know what to do...wrath? strike of faith? etc...and that hesitation cost you.

That last kill was just silly. I've never pincered anyone to death...always wanted to try.

Good luck

BaerinikaTue 09-Sep-08 06:35 AM
Member since 23rd Jan 2007
338 posts
#71923, "RE: Kharnial Gone"
In response to Reply #0

I gave a lot of thought to your app. The only reason I was a little hesitant to imm you was that your char list had zero neutrals or goods. I would say that if you want to try again, play a sucessful goodie or neutral (and by neutral I mean one that isn't evil in spite of the gray aura).

Good luck in school, I'm sure you'll come back.

There will be no white flag above my door. - Dido

Kharnial (Guest)Tue 09-Sep-08 11:49 AM

#71940, "No worries"
In response to Reply #14

When I applied, I had the mentality that if I got in, it would be cool, but at the same time, a burden. I thought I'd try it out. Thanks for seriously considering my application.

The only goodie I played to hero was Aenthian (back when Meagara was around). I had a slew of neutral warrior/shifters, but none really noteable.

I habitually play evil characters. I did have a fair share of goodies in the previous muds, but ultimately, playing an evil character is that much more fun.

Kernagor (Guest)Tue 09-Sep-08 01:38 AM

#71919, "Nice job."
In response to Reply #0

You were badass and fun to play against, and I was terribly sad when you stopped logging in. And the Kharnial + Waris team was ridiculously nasty. I don't care how outnumbered you were, you two had a tendency to kick serious, serious ass when you were together. Even on the rare occasion when we had Waris in a tight spot, I would watch my screen and notice you look at him in the middle of the fight, and I would *know* you were going to #### it all up. Sigh.

Definitely one of the toughest enemies around, and very very ballsy. You stood out from all the extremely skilled enemies I fought in your habit of showing for fights that could go seriously wrong. And yet I knew that if you were around I'd probably get myself into serious trouble against you. Definitely one of the enemies that I had little chance against one on one, barrier or not.

And jesus, that camel is such an awesome form. You raped face with it. I would have liked to see the nightmare around more, though.

Kharnial (Guest)Tue 09-Sep-08 11:46 AM

#71939, "Thanks"
In response to Reply #13

High quality dwarves all around. And you were no exception. I really enjoyed those battles...I knew if I had used barrier, you'd probably run your ass off immediately. So I opted to make things somewhat equal. While I wasn't really afraid of you, I had mad respect, because you did shine out from the rest of the Fortress. Your title was spot on.

lezra (Guest)Tue 09-Sep-08 12:29 AM

#71914, "DAmn..."
In response to Reply #0

Damn you had a nice run there. I've been on the wrong end of your forms.. heh no fun. Alligator is nice... but it has it draw backs. I'll get into that when I enter the dark radiance... not sure how that'll happen without eshval... boo! I was hoping somehow you could help fill that void or provide direction there since I've never been good with rp. And for the induction thing I understand what you were try to get out of me and as an RP standopint understandable. But again my rp is the suck. You have done a perfect job and kudos really. You gave me the dark scary feeling about your char and backed it up too. So I hope things play out for you in RL and you come back... I need some back up!

Lezra (Guest)Tue 09-Sep-08 12:52 AM

#71916, "oh ya"
In response to Reply #11

I feel that same as you.. when you aginst such crazy odds yet you still choose to jump into the mix "making it interesting" for everyone involed you almost feel a sense of entitlement... I ned to get over that as well. But I don't care what forms/powers etc you got running into groups on their terms... is litterally climbing everst without a rope. Did I mention you kick ass? LOL WELL DONE

Kharnial (Guest)Tue 09-Sep-08 11:38 AM

#71938, "Initially I had qualms about you"
In response to Reply #12

Our initial interactions really didn't leave much of an impression. However, I heard from everyone that you were actively trying extremely hard to garnish our favor. It takes some serious dedication to be that vigorous about joining Scions. After our second interaction and the note you sent me, I made up my mind to induct you. Good thing Waris got to it before me.

You are a valuable asset to the Scions, and if you kick up your RP, I think you have a clear shot of being the next Chancellor.

Good luck.

Ahtieli (Guest)Mon 08-Sep-08 11:31 PM

#71913, "Heh ~"
In response to Reply #0

~

Camridarinil (Guest)Mon 08-Sep-08 11:13 PM

#71908, "RE: Kharnial Gone"
In response to Reply #0

You are a tactical fighter, and the few solo fights we had and the fights I watched you have with others made me appreciate your finesse. Your spirit in the field was uplifting and Kharnial's void will be hard to fill.

Kharnial (Guest)Tue 09-Sep-08 01:32 PM

#71955, "Thanks for the compliments"
In response to Reply #8

You had balls, and I appreciated that. Ranger v. scion shifter fights tend to be one way. I liked how you were fearless, and always cringed when you herbed at a druk'trar spot.

Good luck with your character.

Camridarinil (Guest)Tue 09-Sep-08 03:40 PM

#71962, "re herbs"
In response to Reply #37

I need to put a highlight in for corrupted ground because I have been burned by that more than once, but that was Vrap who tainted himself in our last fight where you and Shalsad ate my face. Good times.

EshvalMon 08-Sep-08 10:42 PM
519 posts
#71899, "Eshypoo? WTF?"
In response to Reply #0

I think I covered it in my response in my goodbyes. Drop by the blog if you get a chance. Luck!

Eshval's email
BlackMarquessa@gmail.com

Kharnial (Guest)Mon 08-Sep-08 10:48 PM

#71900, "Eshypoo was my nickname for you since 2005"
In response to Reply #6

Our first interaction (Eloren? Forgot) always made me think of you as Eshypoo. You were so cute, like a teddy bear (is it gay for me to think that of a guy?)

I'll keep it touch. Your religion was awesome, and I'm glad I got the tattoo.

EshvalMon 08-Sep-08 11:28 PM
519 posts
#71912, "Okay"
In response to Reply #7

I changed my mind...you suck. In a nice way though.

Eshval's email
BlackMarquessa@gmail.com

Myn (Guest)Mon 08-Sep-08 10:37 PM

#71896, "Fun fights"
In response to Reply #0

You had balls. Enjoyed the couple of battles we had. I deleted when you stopped logging in. Boredom will do that.

Kharnial (Guest)Mon 08-Sep-08 10:39 PM

#71897, "Yea, it was fun fighting you"
In response to Reply #3

Shifter against shifter fights are always rough. You have to use whatever skill you have correctly - otherwise, it's a steep decline to death. I thought Myn had class. Good job.

Sammuel (Guest)Mon 08-Sep-08 10:36 PM

#71895, "Well done."
In response to Reply #0

Our play times just don't mesh. I tried hard to line it up a few times. Just sorry we couldn't rumble a bit agaisnt the hoards.

Fortlander is a bit of a pain but you handled it well. I finally got my ranking done and final forms mastered, and then didn't see much of you again. Take a rest, well done.

Kharnial (Guest)Mon 08-Sep-08 10:41 PM

#71898, "It has it's perks"
In response to Reply #2

That is, you are never ever bored with Fortlander around. I was thinking of making a character name Outress, but I think the imms would've caught onto that

I thought you had a good grasp of what you wanted for your character - thus I inducted you on the spot. Not to mention that you had those badass forms along with Utility enlivens, which are the best enlivens EVER. You'll have a lot of fun I'm sure. It would've been wicked with me, you, Waris and Lezra...pure mayhem.

Good luck with your character.

JMCCMon 08-Sep-08 10:07 PM
Member since 22nd Sep 2007
59 posts
#71894, "Kharnial Forms"
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Mon 08-Sep-08 10:07 PM

Out of respect to the Imms, I'm not going to post the Nightmare stats. Suffice to say, it was a great utility form, and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

---Red Wolf

Level : 51 Sex : male Form : red wolf
Ethos : Chaotic Align : Evil Class : shapeshifter
Practices: 0 Trains : 0 Hometown : Udgaard
Exp : 468500 To Level : 22700 Sphere : Necromancy
Hit Point: 1641 /1641 Mana : 1101 /1120 Move : 957 /957
Str : 17(17) Int : 14(14) Wis : 14(14)
Dex : 19(19) Con : 16(16) Chr : 14(14)
Wimpy : 348 hp Morale : Anxious Position : Standing
Hitroll : 18(25 ) Damroll : 15(15 )
AC pierce : -220 Divinely armored AC bash : -220 Divinely armored
AC slash : -220 Divinely armored AC magic : -220 Divinely armored
AC element: -220 Divinely armored
vs Spell : Well protected vs Paralysis: Well protected
vs Breath: Barely protected vs Mental: Barely protected

These are the things you can do:
Basic Commands
Shapeshift : Shapeshift to another form
Revert : Revert to your normal form
Enliven : Alters the energy state of your being
Kinspeak : Speak to others in your form family

Skills
Bite : Bite your opponent
Flank : Flank your opponent to land an attack
Howl : A howl that inspiries you and your group

Automatic Abilities
Dam Reduction : Minimal Damage Reduction
Dodge : Minimal Dodge Ability

---Camel

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Level : 51 Sex : male Form : camel
Hit Point: 1641 /1641 Mana : 1072 /1120 Move : 957 /957
Str : 18(18) Int : 14(14) Wis : 14(14)
Dex : 19(19) Con : 20(20) Chr : 18(18)
Hitroll : 23(30 ) Damroll : 23(23 )
AC pierce : -250 Divinely armored AC bash : -250 Divinely armored
AC slash : -250 Divinely armored AC magic : -250 Divinely armored
AC element: -250 Divinely armored

Basic Commands

Skills
BlindingSpit : Spit at your opponent in an attempt to blind
Sprint : Sprint in a specified direction

Automatic Abilities
Hydrated : Get thirsty very slowly
Eyelashes : Thick eyelashes help preventing physical blindness

---Black Bear

Level : 51 Sex : male Form : black bear
Hit Point: 1641 /1641 Mana : 1053 /1120 Move : 957 /957
Str : 21(21) Int : 14(14) Wis : 15(15)
Dex : 15(15) Con : 19(19) Chr : 18(18)
Hitroll : 26(33 ) Damroll : 30(30 )
AC pierce : -220 Divinely armored AC bash : -220 Divinely armored
AC slash : -220 Divinely armored AC magic : -220 Divinely armored
AC element: -220 Divinely armored

Basic Commands

Skills
Rake : Rake your claws against your opponent's body

Automatic Abilities

---Giant Mantis

Level : 51 Sex : male Form : giant mantis
Hit Point: 1641 /1641 Mana : 1004 /1120 Move : 957 /957
Str : 19(19) Int : 16(16) Wis : 16(16)
Dex : 19(19) Con : 20(20) Chr : 15(15)
Hitroll : 28(35 ) Damroll : 19(19 )
AC pierce : -300 Divinely armored AC bash : -300 Divinely armored
AC slash : -300 Divinely armored AC magic : -300 Divinely armored
AC element: -300 Divinely armored
vs Spell : Heavily protected vs Paralysis: Heavily protected

Basic Commands

Skills
Fly : Fly above the world
Forestblend : Camouflage in the forest
Slash : Slash at your opponent with your forelegs

Automatic Abilities
Awareness : Aware of those who sneak
Improved Vision: Has a keen sense for noticing birds
Dodge : Average Dodge Ability

---Snow Badger

Level : 51 Sex : male Form : snow badger
Hit Point: 1641 /1641 Mana : 973 /1120 Move : 957 /957
Str : 22(22) Int : 16(16) Wis : 16(16)
Dex : 16(16) Con : 20(20) Chr : 18(18)
Hitroll : 36(43 ) Damroll : 52(52 )
AC pierce : -195 Divinely armored AC bash : -195 Divinely armored
AC slash : -195 Divinely armored AC magic : -195 Divinely armored
AC element: -195 Divinely armored

Basic Commands

Skills
Rake : Rake your claws against your opponent's body
Furor : Launch a series of vicious strikes at your victim
Snowblend : Camouflage in the snow
Burrow : Burrow under the soil of the wilderness to hide

Automatic Abilities
Deflection : Thick Hide for Deflecting Blows
Dam Reduction : Damage Reduction
Resistance : Resistant to cold

---Trapdoor spider

Level : 51 Sex : male Form : trapdoor spider
Hit Point: 1641 /1641 Mana : 920 /1120 Move : 957 /957
Str : 18(18) Int : 18(18) Wis : 16(16)
Dex : 21(21) Con : 22(22) Chr : 12(12)
Hitroll : 41(48 ) Damroll : 40(40 )
AC pierce : -330 Divinely armored AC bash : -330 Divinely armored
AC slash : -330 Divinely armored AC magic : -330 Divinely armored
AC element: -330 Divinely armored

Basic Commands

Skills
Mountainblend : Camouflage in the mountains
Sandblend : Camouflage in the desert
Spinweb : Spin a web
Pinch : Try and pinch your opponent with your claws
Dig : Dig a trapdoor hole in the soil of the wilderness

Automatic Abilities
Deflection : Carapace for Deflecting Blows
Dam Reduction : Significant Damage Reduction
Resistance : Resistant to poison

---Tiger

Level : 51 Sex : male Form : tiger
Hit Point: 1641 /1641 Mana : 907 /1120 Move : 957 /957
Str : 21(21) Int : 18(18) Wis : 18(18)
Dex : 23(23) Con : 20(20) Chr : 18(18)
Hitroll : 60(67 ) Damroll : 51(51 )
AC pierce : -310 Divinely armored AC bash : -310 Divinely armored
AC slash : -310 Divinely armored AC magic : -310 Divinely armored
AC element: -310 Divinely armored

Basic Commands

Skills
Bite : Bite your opponent with a chance to cause bleeding
Swipe : Swipe at opponents with your paw, trying to disarm
Tendonslash : Bite at the back of your opponent's legs

Automatic Abilities
Pounce : Pounce on fleeing victims
Dodge : Average Dodge Ability
Movement : Minimal movement cost

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #71893 Previous topic | Next topic