Subject: "(DELETED) [BATTLE] Taasarin the Dai Sensei of the Miyam..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #71291
Show all folders

Death_AngelTue 26-Aug-08 01:36 AM
Member since 01st Oct 2024
17200 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#71291, "(DELETED) [BATTLE] Taasarin the Dai Sensei of the Miyama Ryu, Master of the Swamp"

Tue Aug 26 01:35:38 2008

At 8 o'clock PM, Day of Deception, 2nd of the Month of Futility
on the Theran calendar Taasarin perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:assassin
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:176

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Farewells and Such, Taasarin (Guest), 27-Aug-08 02:09 AM, #3
Reply RE: Farewells and Such, Ruhktanshi, 27-Aug-08 06:43 AM, #4
Reply Too damn bad, Dhaath (Guest), 27-Aug-08 08:20 AM, #5
Reply Bummer, Lerzion (Guest), 27-Aug-08 09:35 PM, #6
Reply RE: Farewells and Such, Inger (Guest), 27-Aug-08 10:02 PM, #7
Reply RE: Farewells and Such, Mharr (Guest), 27-Aug-08 10:37 PM, #8
Reply Bug?, Ruhktanshi, 26-Aug-08 11:53 PM, #2
Reply Huh., Iltanthal (Guest), 26-Aug-08 02:20 PM, #1

Taasarin (Guest)Wed 27-Aug-08 02:09 AM

#71365, "Farewells and Such"
In response to Reply #0

Why delete? I stopped having fun with this character...that being said this was my first assassin EVER past level 28. I tried assassinating about 15 times with minimum of 5 stalks and up to 8-9 and didn't succeed once, nor improved assassinate once! Anyway, I'm used to playing more carelessly and I didn't really have the patience to skulk in the shadows endlessly only to be outfought by any sort of shapeshifter...even as a scout. I think I ended up playing this guy more like a warrior.

Other Chars From Most Recent: Hrindar, Ghromm, Grimbledorf, Drahkul, Shamus, Sargon many many more.

Been playing CF on and off for 11+ years now and I still get great enjoyment out of it. But I still want more IMMteraction, always, it makes playing much more fun if some IMM inhabits the body of a halfling merchant or of a In-Cabal NPC and whispers something to you etc.

Farewells:

Battle Me Kindred!: In my 11+ years of CF'ing I've mainly stuck to Battle Chars....because their simply the most fun...perhaps it has something to do with getting our asses kicked and standing against all odds? Perhaps it has something to do with the quality of people who I run into in all of my experiences? ..Nah...gotta be the dwarfs and Ayes and Hars...j/k

Mharr: My closest fargin' brother eh..wrote you goodbye stuff doubt you still comb the forums..Like Horn said..it was just always Mharr, Taas, Dhaath, always. There were few if any that rocked us or even defeated us when we were together. Loved the RP, loved the butt-kickin. I just wish I had a warrior rolled up to run around with you instead of this lousy assassin...hehe.

Dhaath: Horn! My other closest brother...I loved our interactions...in fact my interactions with you and Mharr and a few others were the highlight of this char...golden. You made me laugh so many times when we were standing around at some random tournament or event and you drooled then I drooled all over you...and I swore I would teach you how to "gore a fargin' barrel o' ale" with your horns for us. hehe...You were a strong bastard too, very stout. I liked your spirit and heart and companionship much. Rage on brother.

Ruhktanshi: I liked you a fair amount eh. For some reason I liked you better with Hrindar when you weren't Commander...can't *exactly* place my finger on why...I guess I would have wanted a more assertive commander, one who is yellin' at us and calling us out and stuff...but aside from that I liked most of your RP...it almost seemed like you RP'd having a bad internet connection...with the whole dream thing and falling asleep randomly and you seemed to disconnect a lot....which I give you much respect for. Even with Hrindar I called that you were going to be the next Commander...nice work for the most part, maybe start barki'n some more orders! Har.

Inger: Didn't see you very much at all with this char...a little here a little there...I actually interacted with you more with Hrindar. Either way you are a solid-brick-of the current village. Just thought it'd be nice to have more a drillmistress with more of a presence, but I'm sure you have your reasons.

Lerzion: Heh, at first I didn't really like you when you were levelling up you seemed sort of distant and rather sardonic at times...and not in a brotherly-I'm yer fargin' Kin sort of way. But then as I spent a bit more time with you at hero levels I got to like you better. I turned to you alot for most of my assassin questions. Didn't get to see you fight too much but seems like your tough stuff.

Gulkra: Har...I definately respected you. You aren't too much of a "modern day-rager" which is sort of an oxymoron...but you exemplified more of the old-school house of rager rock. You were tough as hell, weren't afraid to die *AT ALL* were honorable and courageous always and didn't take #### from anyone. I liked that but I can see how alot of peeps wouldn't.

Ok this is getting wayyy long theres alot of battle-bro's I spent alot of time interacting with, Mrawlek, Agar, Drrinia...not as much as others but all good folk.

Empire--Who? Besides Kresin, Krikar, few others when I was younger you were an invisible force in Thera.

Immortals's--Who? Didn't get much if any interaction, except from IMM-ran events that I actively participated in. (Kastellyn mainly). I tried to come up with a good creative role...and not overdo it. I dunno seems like everyone who's anyone has a role these days and what I am coming up with isn't as spectacular compared to most probably...But great working running the game.

Nexus--Only fought a few of you from time to time. Pelrin you were a good, tough fight, definately crafty but only made me run once. Only fought Grimthorr and Roklam in mid-late 30s-40s. Good fights.

Scion--Kharnial and Waris much respect goes out to you for having strong PK chars...didn't have too many RP interactions though. Kharnial I fought you at least 6-8 times and everytime you had the edge on me no matter what technique I used. I could martial trance and stand there critical hitting you and you'd still out-melee me...same with Waris. Beasts! Sarach not sure what happened to you, were a worthy opponent and strong RP. Lezra...damn I hate shifters...with any melee-type...they end up beating me down.

Maran--Didn't agree with the war against you....though you were large in numbers for almost Taasarin's whole life...if I did "Who" or "Who Pk" I would find it dominated by many of the Fort. I can't say I understand much of your Honor in terms of fighting many upon one almost no matter the circumstances...but a few of you stood out as being very solid-stand-up folks...Humbert, Mizfara, Iltanthal, and Llondolis namely were the ones I noticed fighting honorably and I had a number of interactions with all of you almost every time it went well. Wish there was some more Honor brought back from the Old Knights Code though.

Prolly be back in some form or other soon-ish. Rage on.

RuhktanshiWed 27-Aug-08 06:43 AM
Member since 06th Aug 2008
23 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#71374, "RE: Farewells and Such"
In response to Reply #3

I do have dreamy-democratice opinions of running the village. I'm never going to turn into a order barking dwarf but as far as the bad connection goes I do have one and it SUXXORS BiGG. I've died a majority of my mob/pk deaths when I was link dead and waking up at the pit with my pies looted. But I cannot afford a better connection and I can't quit so I just make with what I have. So YOU were Hrindar, I always thought Mharr was Hrindar. I think you chose the wrong religion if you were seeking imm-action because becoming a Legend is always tough work and a lot of patience. I miss having the in house assassin around. Always great help with the shadows and the scouting and killing 'mob to get magical stuff'. More when I delete.

Kudos on the great Char, GLWYN!
Ruhk

Dhaath (Guest)Wed 27-Aug-08 08:20 AM

#71387, "Too damn bad"
In response to Reply #3

It is always good to have someone your char has grown up with because of the extra hours of interaction you invariably have, and your understanding of their quirks and personalities. You do lose some sense of kinship with villagers who get inducted 300 hours after you get cabaled.

My times have dropped sharply of later. One regret I have is being unable to participate in your explore quests. I think it was a fantastic initiative you took, and any character in any cabal who does this brings a lot to the table.

I really do not know what to say. We had so much fun, drooling and shooting darts and prancing and licking ale, and ofcourse, goring. I had more than my fair share of chuckles this side of the screen as well. There was this one time when the three of us were trading insults and I think Mharr told me to shut up because you couldnt make out what insults I was throwing at you. Lol. Now that you have deleted, all I have left to do is knuckle down and ride it out to con death. No more waving cow tongue around

I do wish we could have interacted a bit before you deleted. I have interacted with Gwimbledorf and Shamus and all, and it was all fun. I hope you come back with another char and have fun with it. See you in the fields.

Lerzion (Guest)Wed 27-Aug-08 09:35 PM

#71485, "Bummer"
In response to Reply #3

I'm going to miss you being around with me, though you haven't seemed to be as much lately. I was glad to answer what questions I could and assassinate is hard. I have a hard time being patient sometimes. Anyway, I look forward to whatever you decide to do, unless its to not play.

Inger (Guest)Wed 27-Aug-08 10:02 PM

#71486, "RE: Farewells and Such"
In response to Reply #3

Yeah, I know. I explained a bit about my playing times in my goodbyes. It wasn't by choice and it fluctuated from week to week. Beyond that I thought you were a solid assassin the times I did see you, although you were still pretty young for the most part. It would have been nice to run around in the hero ranges together, I'm sure we would have done well.

Mharr (Guest)Wed 27-Aug-08 10:37 PM

#71488, "RE: Farewells and Such"
In response to Reply #3

I really liked playing with you. Respected the character, and the player. I don't think our paths have ever crossed before... so cheers!

Good luck with your next

RuhktanshiTue 26-Aug-08 11:53 PM
Member since 06th Aug 2008
23 posts
#71360, "Bug?"
In response to Reply #0

You didn't really delete right? WTF? You were doing well and were one of my earliest inductions and were damn good with all the things we did. We had a few good times exploring, talking, raiding or role playing together. I'm really bummed that you didn't stick it out.

Ruhk

Iltanthal (Guest)Tue 26-Aug-08 02:20 PM

#71313, "Huh."
In response to Reply #0

This kinda slipped under the rader, it seems? Why'd you delete? Just get bored?

Fun times when we would square off against each other, or fight foes together...one day we'd be allies, the next day you'd be fighting me.

Good luck with the next!

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #71291 Previous topic | Next topic