Subject: "(DELETED) Mharr the Farg'n Battlerager, Apprentice of t..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #70849
Show all folders

Mharr (Guest)Wed 07-Jan-09 11:32 PM

#70849, "(DELETED) Mharr the Farg'n Battlerager, Apprentice of the Paragon's Forge"

Wow. Where to start. This was quite a ride. Mharr was a come-back character for me. Relationship on the rocks, work a bit slow... wha tha FARG'n HELL NOT!?

HAR!

Why the delete? I had about a month and a half of business trips, piled up back to back. I tried mudding from one of my hotels and the lag was awful. Work got busier, lot of travel, and the lowbie I made to play when lagging ended up getting to be fun. When I joined the village we were at the WAY bottom of the cabal wars, and had no active heros other than Ruhk and to a lesser extent Inger. Had a blast... and most of the folks that I "grew up with" are still around, and seem to be showing well. That was good fun, and good fights.

I've got to say... the massive gank-ation with gank-i-tude I was expecting just didn't end up happening. I'm a bit shocked, actually, but pleased. I'm guessing from the tenor of the forums that this isn't actually a widespread betterment, but I had a positive experience here.

A-right. I know I am going to forget people, so post a reply and I'll respond.

Imms first:

Imms in general: There were a LOT of things going on in the life of this character. Lots of quests, Arena tourneys, and more. It made for a _really_ fun experience... even better than my last character, a few years before.

Poison Pen -- Thanks for the tourneys. Really. That was great fun, and I know it was a lot of work for you. Mharr was a grumpy bastard, but loved every minute of it. Even when you matched him against Waris while level 40. Crazy bastard.

Biddy -- I always felt like I let you down. Good chats, but our paths didn't seem to cross much.

Kastellyn -- Wow. Great interactions, and several more that I think were you. Thanks!

Enemies:

EMPIRE:
Amethis -- I first saw you and thought "dark-elf thief... easy meat". then I saw you rape my group, and proceeded to hear everyone in your range bitching about you. I leveled up, and sure enough we had some good fights, and better interactions around them. It was good to have you as an enemy. Tough enough and crafty enough to really keep me on my toes. I have no idea why you were booted from Empire, but I tried to crack the door for a recovery-role, Mharr style. Kinda made me look like an ass when you punk'd. Though I am pretty sure I know why.

Gahn -- I thought you were well played... and definitely a good enemy. Ask any villager, when you were around I was constantly asking about you. I always got that creepy itch up between my shoulders... I'm SO going to get assassinated. I think you were the cause of a LONG (weeks long) series of running jokes on the battle CB about Mharr being out on the ocean, paddling around in his dingy with empty beer mugs.

Carintsei / Kresin -- Two arial warrior empire dagger specs. I could never keep you straight. You were both always up for a good fight, and both fairly tough. Interactions were pretty colorless, but I wasn't exactly going out of my way either.

Ilmav -- I still don't believe I let you kill me in that duel. You taught me something about my character, though... that was valuable later. No other low-hp warrior ever beat me after that one. (I think I'm too used to playing low-hp warriors and using finesse instead of damage).

Krikar -- Good fights. You struck me as a little too ganky, but you weren't really afraid to mix it up solo either. No real interaction, but I knew we'd have fun when you logged on.

Scion:
Kharniel -- One for me, two for you. Boo. Good fights, good short chats. I'm still chuckling about your rejection of my nasty dwarven flesh.

Waris -- I was looking forward to fighting you since the first arena, when I was give or take level 32. I'm sorry we never really had the chance.

Other scions? I don't think there were any... heh.

Nexus:

Roklam -- See Gahn above. Some major differences.. you lose your temper too easily, and are too impatient. Still, seeing you around made me nervous since I knew you'd drop everything to come take a shot.

Nixlekk: I killed you a lot. You looted me when I died at the island. I don't know what to say to you, except that I spent a lot of time avoiding you. I wouldn't say that matchup was unwinnable for you, but it was unless you made changes and you didn't. I liked talking with you... but honestly your dying so much (and so earnestly) seduced me into acting Honorbound, and that was way weird for a FARG'N SPHERE RAGE RAGER!

Others --
Thanoth: Fun. Lots of fun. Except the whole bitching / posting on Dios thing.

Laraiyin: See Nix. Dealing with you twinged the Ehren nerve in me, and to be totally honest... that's bad RP for the character. ugh. Either way, I think we had some _really_ great discussions, and some better fights. I still don't believe I came back out of the village (intentionally) with about 10 hp to feed your weapon simply because I gave my word it would be to the death. Sigh. See Ehren/Honorbound.

Battle:
Ruhk -- Thanks for the induction. We were WAY under the bus when I got rolling, and it seems like we're on top now. Good leadership. We had some questionable villagers (that mostly seem gone now)... don't know if they were your inducts or pre-dating you, but I enjoyed working with you. It was a bit strange for an artsy-bard-historian to be "Commander" around the runaway bloodthirst train of Mharr (generally leading the slaughter), but somehow we made it work. Great fun, while it lasted. Extra props to you for never failing to log in in those early days when it was you against the world.

Inger -- Wish I'd seen more of you. I think we would have gotten along famously.

Djabree -- I wanted your title. Jerk. Ok, I never saw you... so that's not fair. Probably would have liked you.

Gulkra -- You struck me as a punk.

TAAS YER ####E -- Sorry I punk'd on you. See the first paragraph. Me brudder through thick and thin. Had a great time with you.

Lerzion: I promised myself after I'd gotten inducted (and danced through loads of history hoops with recommendations and induction) that I'd limit MY recommendations to those people that just walked the walk. Well, the first time you talked to me there were something like five mage corpses at your feet in about fifteen minutes. My most hearty recommendation, and (blink) then you were a hero, and whoopin' it up with me.

Solvado: Hmm. I have to say that having a level 2 warrior telling me where my prey was brought me back to the OLD days. I loved it. I hope you have a long and good career in the village ahead of you.

Dhaath: You had it rough, and you just kept coming. I had a world of respect for you, and was glad we overlapped so much.

Final thoughts: I had an amazing amount of fun with this guy. Great immteractions, great enemies, constant cabalwars, and none of the "get eight of your friends and squish the dwarf" I was expecting. It was a wonderful experience. I spent a lot of time talking to a lot of people, and really loved how vivid the character became. Thanks to everyone that made Mharr and his life what it was. Double thanks to whoever gave me the "Farg'n Battlerager" title. I snorted coffee out my nose when I saw it.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply The bitching/posting on dio's thing., Thanoth (Guest), 13-Aug-08 09:25 PM, #60
Reply RE: The bitching/posting on dio's thing., Mharr (Guest), 13-Aug-08 09:51 PM, #30
     Reply Looked back at the log., Thanoth (Guest), 13-Aug-08 10:06 PM, #31
          Reply RE: Looked back at the log., Mharr (Guest), 13-Aug-08 10:15 PM, #32
               Reply RE: Looked back at the log., Thanoth (Guest), 13-Aug-08 10:19 PM, #33
                    Reply RE: Looked back at the log., Mharr (Guest), 13-Aug-08 10:23 PM, #34
                         Reply Don't worry, I'll roll another sometime., Thanoth (Guest), 13-Aug-08 10:40 PM, #35
Reply RE: (DELETED) Mharr the Farg'n Battlerager, Apprentice ..., Ilmav (Guest), 23-Aug-08 11:26 PM, #59
Reply RE: (DELETED) Mharr the Farg'n Battlerager, Apprentice ..., Inger (Guest), 17-Aug-08 07:20 PM, #58
Reply Chin like an elf's Arse!, Ysaloerye, 15-Aug-08 09:24 AM, #52
Reply RE: Chin like an elf's Arse!, Mharr (Guest), 15-Aug-08 12:09 PM, #54
Reply Would it be too much if I said, Eshval, 14-Aug-08 10:19 PM, #50
Reply RE: Would it be too much if I said, Mharr (Guest), 15-Aug-08 12:07 AM, #51
     Reply Clarification, Eshval, 15-Aug-08 11:23 AM, #53
Reply PBF purchased, lookn4agoodread (Guest), 14-Aug-08 03:32 PM, #48
Reply Thanks! (n/t), Mharr (Guest), 14-Aug-08 03:50 PM, #49
Reply Aaw, sad to see you go. txt..., Kreo (Guest), 14-Aug-08 10:35 AM, #42
Reply RE: Aaw, sad to see you go. txt..., Mharr (Guest), 14-Aug-08 02:16 PM, #47
Reply RE: (DELETED) Mharr the Farg'n Battlerager, Apprentice ..., Taasarin (Guest), 14-Aug-08 04:38 AM, #41
Reply RE: (DELETED) Mharr the Farg'n Battlerager, Apprentice ..., Mharr (Guest), 14-Aug-08 02:15 PM, #46
Reply Good Impact Villager., Ruhktanshi, 14-Aug-08 01:15 AM, #40
Reply RE: Good Impact Villager., Mharr (Guest), 14-Aug-08 02:13 PM, #45
Reply Damn you for deleting, Dhaath (Guest), 13-Aug-08 11:49 PM, #38
Reply Addendum, Dhaath (Guest), 13-Aug-08 11:50 PM, #39
     Reply RE: Addendum, Mharr (Guest), 14-Aug-08 02:10 PM, #44
          Reply And *Drumroll* Kharnial inaugrates the project :) nt, Dhaath (Guest), 17-Aug-08 01:38 AM, #55
               Reply Heh... you rock (n/t), Mharr (Guest), 17-Aug-08 02:10 AM, #56
               Reply Bragging already? Guess I should stop fooling around an..., Kharnial (Guest), 17-Aug-08 02:23 AM, #57
Reply You RPed a duergar in a pwent suit perfectly - well don..., NMTehW (Guest), 13-Aug-08 10:46 PM, #36
Reply Arg, Waris (Guest), 13-Aug-08 08:51 PM, #28
Reply RE: Arg, Mharr (Guest), 13-Aug-08 09:11 PM, #29
Reply RE: (DELETED) Mharr the Farg'n Battlerager, Apprentice ..., Keren (Guest), 13-Aug-08 08:39 PM, #26
Reply RE: (DELETED) Mharr the Farg'n Battlerager, Apprentice ..., Mharr (Guest), 13-Aug-08 08:42 PM, #27
Reply RE: (DELETED) Mharr the Farg'n Battlerager, Apprentice ..., Gahn the Shadow (Guest), 13-Aug-08 05:43 PM, #24
Reply RE: (DELETED) Mharr the Farg'n Battlerager, Apprentice ..., Mharr (Guest), 13-Aug-08 05:46 PM, #25
Reply Ho ho ho.., Djabree (Guest), 13-Aug-08 05:26 PM, #19
Reply RE: Ho ho ho.., Mharr (Guest), 13-Aug-08 05:34 PM, #20
Reply Oye! A fargin' punk, eh?, Gulkra (Guest), 13-Aug-08 05:08 PM, #15
Reply RE: Oye! A fargin' punk, eh?, Mharr (Guest), 13-Aug-08 05:20 PM, #18
Reply Definitely missed, Lerzion (Guest), 13-Aug-08 05:03 PM, #14
Reply RE: Definitely missed, Mharr (Guest), 13-Aug-08 05:17 PM, #16
Reply RE: (DELETED) Mharr the Farg'n Battlerager, Apprentice ..., Baerinika, 13-Aug-08 04:09 PM, #10
Reply RE: (DELETED) Mharr the Farg'n Battlerager, Apprentice ..., Mharr (Guest), 13-Aug-08 04:15 PM, #11
Reply Best rager I've seen in a while, Kharnial (Guest), 13-Aug-08 03:54 PM, #8
Reply RE: Best rager I've seen in a while, Mharr (Guest), 13-Aug-08 03:59 PM, #9
Reply Har Mharr!, Sharricci (Guest), 13-Aug-08 03:39 PM, #6
Reply RE: Har Mharr!, Mharr (Guest), 13-Aug-08 03:43 PM, #7
Reply You and Inger do/did the village proud., Velyzaggon (Guest), 13-Aug-08 03:22 PM, #3
Reply RE: You and Inger do/did the village proud., Mharr (Guest), 13-Aug-08 03:35 PM, #5
Reply No offense, but I tumbled in on you!, Velyzaggon (Guest), 13-Aug-08 10:59 PM, #37
     Reply RE: No offense, but I tumbled in on you!, Mharr (Guest), 14-Aug-08 02:09 PM, #43
Reply HAR!, Twist, 13-Aug-08 04:37 PM, #12
     Reply RE: HAR!, Mharr (Guest), 13-Aug-08 04:45 PM, #13
          Reply RE: HAR!, Isildur, 13-Aug-08 05:36 PM, #21
          Reply Oops. Below is my reply attempted reply to this post (n..., Mharr (Guest), 13-Aug-08 05:42 PM, #23
          Reply I'MA BUST YER THA FARG UP! HAR!, Mharr (Guest), 13-Aug-08 05:41 PM, #22
Reply RE: (DELETED) Mharr the Farg'n Battlerager, Apprentice ..., Daevryn, 13-Aug-08 03:16 PM, #2
Reply RE: (DELETED) Mharr the Farg'n Battlerager, Apprentice ..., Mharr (Guest), 13-Aug-08 03:34 PM, #4
Reply Couple of things, Mharr (Guest), 13-Aug-08 03:10 PM, #1
     Reply PBF covered by Lerzion (thanks! n/t), Mharr (Guest), 13-Aug-08 05:18 PM, #17

Thanoth (Guest)Wed 07-Jan-09 11:32 PM

#70907, "The bitching/posting on dio's thing."
In response to Reply #0

Having you sac half of my #### when I thought you were the most awesome character ever sucked.

Other than that, you were.

Mharr (Guest)Wed 13-Aug-08 09:51 PM

#70911, "RE: The bitching/posting on dio's thing."
In response to Reply #60

... I sac'd your weapons, but nothing else. I wouldn't have done that to anyone, muchless someone like you that kept giving me great fights.

Thanoth (Guest)Wed 13-Aug-08 10:06 PM

#70912, "Looked back at the log."
In response to Reply #30

Apparently I missed my corpse. Thought it was trophied and saw stuff on the ground being sacrificed (which was from my girdle). I grabbed some of what was on the ground and walked off without ever noticing it.

Mharr (Guest)Wed 13-Aug-08 10:15 PM

#70914, "RE: Looked back at the log."
In response to Reply #31

That was pretty typical for me. I'd trash potions/preps and unholy weapons. The occasional massively progged thing if it was the only thing I took.

Thanoth (Guest)Wed 13-Aug-08 10:19 PM

#70918, "RE: Looked back at the log."
In response to Reply #32

It's almost funny. I was just so pissed about having nearly everything sac'd by my favorite character that I went and died a bunch of pointless deaths out of frustration. Oh well, my fault, learning experience. I'll be sure to not to make that mistake again.

Mharr (Guest)Wed 13-Aug-08 10:23 PM

#70919, "RE: Looked back at the log."
In response to Reply #33

Sigh

Thanoth (Guest)Wed 13-Aug-08 10:40 PM

#70922, "Don't worry, I'll roll another sometime."
In response to Reply #34

Like I said, it's a learning experience. Thanks for that pointing out that you actually didn't.

Ilmav (Guest)Sat 23-Aug-08 11:26 PM

#71228, "RE: (DELETED) Mharr the Farg'n Battlerager, Apprentice ..."
In response to Reply #0

Yeah, my character was doing pretty badass for the most part. Once you got your rager powers, I couldn't scratch you before you got me dead though. Thanks for the fun fights and funny conversations.

Inger (Guest)Sun 17-Aug-08 07:20 PM

#71092, "RE: (DELETED) Mharr the Farg'n Battlerager, Apprentice ..."
In response to Reply #0

I'm disappointed you deleted and that we didn't get to run a bit more. You were certainly a standout character. Great work! Love to see more like that in the village.

YsaloeryeFri 15-Aug-08 09:24 AM
Member since 09th Apr 2006
315 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#71038, "Chin like an elf's Arse!"
In response to Reply #0

I have to concur I like Mharr too.
Sorry we kept missing each other, I had a how plan of things to throw at your way to take you down the path of Biddyism.
Will be only too happy to have you back in the village again someday or have you take another crack at the religion. Screw you Baer! =0P *fistshake*

Mharr (Guest)Fri 15-Aug-08 12:09 PM

#71043, "RE: Chin like an elf's Arse!"
In response to Reply #52

I really wanted to be Biddy-riffic this time around. Boo!

I've seen a lot of my-religion-is-funsticker-than-yours, and every time I see one of the comments I have a picture of Terry Pratchet's "Little Gods" running around pinching worshipers from each other(or just pinching eachother) and have a good laugh.

EshvalThu 14-Aug-08 10:19 PM
Member since 22nd Aug 2004
519 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#71027, "Would it be too much if I said"
In response to Reply #0

I liked Mharr. I watched/listened a large amount, though I didn't interact with you on any noticeable scale. You were a tough bugger and your rp didn't make me want to puke.

Eshval's email (I actually read my emails and answer them!)
eshval@carrionfields.com
BlackMarquessa@gmail.com

Eshval's slightly off-center (unofficial) blog.
http://blackmarquessa.blogspot.com/

Mharr (Guest)Fri 15-Aug-08 12:07 AM

#71032, "RE: Would it be too much if I said"
In response to Reply #50

I didn't make you want to puke... I think that's sufficiently luke-warm not to be too much.

Heh. Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate it, and I'm glad you enjoyed enough to keep watching.

EshvalFri 15-Aug-08 11:23 AM
Member since 22nd Aug 2004
519 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#71041, "Clarification"
In response to Reply #51

You were fun. Sorry if it came off otherwise.

Eshval's email (I actually read my emails and answer them!)
eshval@carrionfields.com
BlackMarquessa@gmail.com

Eshval's slightly off-center (unofficial) blog.
http://blackmarquessa.blogspot.com/

lookn4agoodread (Guest)Thu 14-Aug-08 03:32 PM

#70991, "PBF purchased"
In response to Reply #0

enjoy.

Mharr (Guest)Thu 14-Aug-08 03:50 PM

#70993, "Thanks! (n/t)"
In response to Reply #48

Thanks!

Kreo (Guest)Thu 14-Aug-08 10:35 AM

#70956, "Aaw, sad to see you go. txt..."
In response to Reply #0

Though we didn't interact much after we both hit hero... Strangely enough as we spoke quite frequent before that. Like the vibe around you. Cool RP and you hit like a truck! Glad I never had to fight you. (Or did I?)

Mharr (Guest)Thu 14-Aug-08 02:16 PM

#70980, "RE: Aaw, sad to see you go. txt..."
In response to Reply #42

I don't think we ever fought. Mostly allies. I don't want to say much more because you're still active. I liked talking to you, I liked fighting with you, but I was always a little suspicious

Taasarin (Guest)Thu 14-Aug-08 04:38 AM

#70945, "RE: (DELETED) Mharr the Farg'n Battlerager, Apprentice ..."
In response to Reply #0

HOLY monkey balls....you bastard. I had a feeling when I ended up not seeing you at all, ever for a long time that you were done with it. It seemed like you had alot more fun pre-hero but I could be wrong. Your RP was awesome because it just always elicited the inner-dwarf-battlerager-soul in me everytime we were together or we talked. We busted alot of people up, mainly you, but dang was it one helluva time. Sad to see you go, eh, hope you come back to the fields pal!

Mharr (Guest)Thu 14-Aug-08 02:15 PM

#70979, "RE: (DELETED) Mharr the Farg'n Battlerager, Apprentice ..."
In response to Reply #41

I'll always be back to the fields. I've been doing this two characters on - two years off swing for ages now, and I can't imagine ever stopping.

I did have a lot more fun pre-hero... more people, easier to tumble onto small groups. It's always been that way.

Good luck with Taas, and I hope you have at least half as much fun with your next!

YER ####E!

RuhktanshiThu 14-Aug-08 01:15 AM
Member since 06th Aug 2008
23 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#70936, "Good Impact Villager."
In response to Reply #0

Just the kind I was hoping to come across in my life span as Commander. I was proud of you, your rp, pk and the general way in which the village was more fun when you were around. There are/were many quality players in the village at that point of time and you were one of them. Though a lot of them have gone/faded out, the village is still a fun place to be if you plan to come back soon.
GREAT JOB! Awesome char and huge respect. Farg'n Hell!

Ruhktanshi the not so Farg'n Commander.

Mharr (Guest)Thu 14-Aug-08 02:13 PM

#70977, "RE: Good Impact Villager."
In response to Reply #40

Heh. Not coming back soon... I like being the underdog a bit too much. Fortress is too strong, with too few mages, and there are a pile of villagers now. When "wh pk" really becomes "which ten enemies can I hunt" I'm in the right spot.

Thanks a lot for playing with me. It was a good experience, and I didn't have any trouble respecting you as character, player, and leader.

Dhaath (Guest)Wed 13-Aug-08 11:49 PM

#70928, "Damn you for deleting"
In response to Reply #0

Mharr Taas Dhaath, that was always how it was.
I am sitting down to write this, just as I take an ass whooping from Iltanthal and lose the set you saw on me. I was on a 38 pkill since last death spree and was wondering how long it would last.
I mention this because you saw me suffer. I made up for it buddy
I wanted to stay under the radar till I heroed, and was more than happy to tag along in your shadow as little brother, watching the blood spray lol .
Once you lost time, I tried to step up and take your Fargn legacy ahead berserker style.
A part of my char was influenced by you, and there are some role additions going in based on some of our little chats and your behaviour.
It was great fun all through. I hope you have fun with whatever it is that you are playing now. And I hope we get to play on the same side of the fence again.
I felt genuinely sad at the end of our partnership yesterday. The beauty that is CF

Dhaath (Guest)Wed 13-Aug-08 11:50 PM

#70929, "Addendum"
In response to Reply #38

I announced a ten magi skull necklace in your honour Working on it now. Lol.

Mharr (Guest)Thu 14-Aug-08 02:10 PM

#70975, "RE: Addendum"
In response to Reply #39

The impact on your character means a lot.. and I love the necklace

I wish you the best with the Bull! It was always great.

Dhaath (Guest)Sun 17-Aug-08 01:38 AM

#71086, "And *Drumroll* Kharnial inaugrates the project :) nt"
In response to Reply #44

nt

Mharr (Guest)Sun 17-Aug-08 02:10 AM

#71087, "Heh... you rock (n/t)"
In response to Reply #55

nt

Kharnial (Guest)Sun 17-Aug-08 02:23 AM

#71088, "Bragging already? Guess I should stop fooling around an..."
In response to Reply #55

So boring fighting people with no chance though...

NMTehW (Guest)Wed 13-Aug-08 10:46 PM

#70923, "You RPed a duergar in a pwent suit perfectly - well don..."
In response to Reply #0

Oh.

Waris (Guest)Wed 13-Aug-08 08:51 PM

#70901, "Arg"
In response to Reply #0

I loved this char.

The sort of not an evil bastard version of Waris. More of the mage name taking ass kicking dwarf version of him.

Great char. Damn sad I never got to milk you for charges though =P

Mharr (Guest)Wed 13-Aug-08 09:11 PM

#70905, "RE: Arg"
In response to Reply #28

Heh. It would've been a lot of them.

Keren (Guest)Wed 13-Aug-08 08:39 PM

#70899, "RE: (DELETED) Mharr the Farg'n Battlerager, Apprentice ..."
In response to Reply #0

Goddamn it you beat me down.
I hate villagers.

You're cool though, funny and not an ass.
I love how there are a couple of you who will beat you down and then tell you exactly what to do differently next time.

Mharr (Guest)Wed 13-Aug-08 08:42 PM

#70900, "RE: (DELETED) Mharr the Farg'n Battlerager, Apprentice ..."
In response to Reply #26

You were a good sport. Seems like you're new... I hope you like the fields. If it makes you feel any better, I'm older'n dirt and I've been beating down, and being beaten down, for ages.

Gahn the Shadow (Guest)Wed 13-Aug-08 05:43 PM

#70887, "RE: (DELETED) Mharr the Farg'n Battlerager, Apprentice ..."
In response to Reply #0

I suppose I underestimate the "there's an assassin in my PK range online" fear factor.. I thought you were solid and a guaranteed loss if I engaged you. I'm not a really gutsy pk'er these days, I'm finding out, so maybe that played a little into it, also..

Anyway, well done.. I'll be seeing you.

Mharr (Guest)Wed 13-Aug-08 05:46 PM

#70888, "RE: (DELETED) Mharr the Farg'n Battlerager, Apprentice ..."
In response to Reply #24

Thanks. I hope you're enjoying your next.

Djabree (Guest)Wed 13-Aug-08 05:26 PM

#70882, "Ho ho ho.."
In response to Reply #0

My title opened up last week... Too bad you deleted.

Mharr (Guest)Wed 13-Aug-08 05:34 PM

#70883, "RE: Ho ho ho.."
In response to Reply #19

BOO!

Gulkra (Guest)Wed 13-Aug-08 05:08 PM

#70874, "Oye! A fargin' punk, eh?"
In response to Reply #0

Yeah. Fair enough.

You were wicked in Gulkra's eyes--Always charging into the fray, leaving carnage, and kicking ass. Of course, she can't say that because she's Gulkra.
Damn good run, it bein', and ye' better, by d'nine circles, make ano'der!

Mharr (Guest)Wed 13-Aug-08 05:20 PM

#70879, "RE: Oye! A fargin' punk, eh?"
In response to Reply #15

A lot of those same things go for you. You seem to be having fun... I hope your run ends well when the time comes.

Lerzion (Guest)Wed 13-Aug-08 05:03 PM

#70872, "Definitely missed"
In response to Reply #0

Kudos man, you were a tank in a dwarf suit. I watched you roll a number of folks and it was cool to see. I did want my shot at a one on one with you in the arena sometime, but alas you up and delete on me! Anyway, I thought the interactions between you and Taas were cool and I was jealous of that. We had some great moments and you were definately ballsy. I look forward to reading your PBF. I'll snag your PBF if you still need that done.

Lerz

Mharr (Guest)Wed 13-Aug-08 05:17 PM

#70877, "RE: Definitely missed"
In response to Reply #14

I had a lot of respect for you. I wasn't kidding about 'walk the walk' -- you did it, and did it well. I'll save any further comments for your deletion, but they're all positive. I'm glad we had a chance to work together, and you should've asked for the arena once you heroed!

No one else has spoken up on the PBF... so thanks! I'll add a reply to my other post saying it's covered.

BaerinikaWed 13-Aug-08 04:09 PM
Member since 23rd Jan 2007
338 posts
#70862, "RE: (DELETED) Mharr the Farg'n Battlerager, Apprentice ..."
In response to Reply #0

Not NOW, obviously because Fort's numbers are so strong, but I expect that pendulum to swing back pretty soon and when it does I hope you think about playing Fortress. I'd love to see someone who can make a character like you in the cabal.

PS My religion is totally cool. Way cooler than Enlilths.

There will be no white flag above my door. - Dido

Stones taught me to fly
Love taught me to cry
So come on courage
Teach me to be shy
Cause it's not hard to fall - Damien Rice

What doesn't kill you makes a fighter, footsteps even lighter - Kelly Clarkso

Mharr (Guest)Wed 13-Aug-08 04:15 PM

#70863, "RE: (DELETED) Mharr the Farg'n Battlerager, Apprentice ..."
In response to Reply #10

That's really flattering. Thanks.

If history is true to form, I'll probably play 1.5 more characters before going on another multi-year hiatus... so it's possible. I'm doing the .5 now, and am sure I've got another solid character in me before life steals me away again. We'll see where the pendulum is when that happens.

Kharnial (Guest)Wed 13-Aug-08 03:54 PM

#70860, "Best rager I've seen in a while"
In response to Reply #0

Not to insult other ragers, but your character was top notch. I would liken him to Gerylanst. A strong presence, very active, and scary as hell who knows what he's doing. Not to mention your RP was awesome. In my opinion, the ragers just lost their greatest asset.

Great fights also. Too bad our times didn't mesh up more.

Gluck with your next.

Mharr (Guest)Wed 13-Aug-08 03:59 PM

#70861, "RE: Best rager I've seen in a while"
In response to Reply #8

I really enjoyed tangling with you. Lots of "no decisions", a couple of me running like a screaming girl, a couple that I wish I could call wins but no way for me to seal them, and one for me two for you. Heh. GREAT fun. Made me really happy to see you log in. No fear, just fun.

Thanks for teaching me that entwining an offensive shifter is just about the same a typing "suicide".

Sharricci (Guest)Wed 13-Aug-08 03:39 PM

#70857, "Har Mharr!"
In response to Reply #0

We didn't get to run around together as much as I would have liked, but it was always fun trying to convince you not to attack any Heralds. I even got you to agree (temporarily) that one time for the road rally, and Tubnic called me a liar when I told the other Heralds you'd leave them alone until the end. But you kept your word, for which I was pretty grateful. I hadn't expected my contestants to be trying to murder each other. Hope we run into each other again as allies, your RP was top notch and you looked pretty scary from the PK side too.

Mharr (Guest)Wed 13-Aug-08 03:43 PM

#70859, "RE: Har Mharr!"
In response to Reply #6

Shar! You were good fun. I'm glad we had the chance to meet, and I thought you were both a great herald and a vivid character. Thanks for the contests and the fun.

I've got to be honest... I held myself away a little. I have a slightly bad habit of over committing to Inn/pure-RP because of interesting Heralds. (Shil'Uzar, Kastellyn.. you guys reading this? Figured it out yet? Shh.)

Velyzaggon (Guest)Wed 13-Aug-08 03:22 PM

#70854, "You and Inger do/did the village proud."
In response to Reply #0

Have to say you were one of the best villagers I've seen in while.

Not to mention you completely ####housed me. Making you and Kostyan the only people to kill me in the last six months.

I honestly thought you were Twist

Mharr (Guest)Wed 13-Aug-08 03:35 PM

#70856, "RE: You and Inger do/did the village proud."
In response to Reply #3

Were you the shifter we tumbled on in Organia? I thought so when I saw the same form on the eastern. I'm sorry about the lowbie-looters, I really should've waited to trophy.

Not Twist... sorry

Velyzaggon (Guest)Wed 13-Aug-08 10:59 PM

#70925, "No offense, but I tumbled in on you!"
In response to Reply #5

Seriously, I knew you all were there and decided to start some ####.

BTW, that was probably the greatest escape ever. Thirsting rager in the Outer Veil with groupmates that could harm me, no ABS and I made it out!!!!!

And don't feel bad about the trophy. I had to lose the gear sometime!

Mharr (Guest)Thu 14-Aug-08 02:09 PM

#70973, "RE: No offense, but I tumbled in on you!"
In response to Reply #37

Heh. I told them not to touch you, and they didn't. Yeah, ballsy move from the start and a great escape.

TwistWed 13-Aug-08 04:37 PM
Member since 23rd Sep 2006
3431 posts
#70868, "HAR!"
In response to Reply #3

You aren't the only one. Enlilth has assumed that the two most recent characters who said HAR! a lot were me.

The previous one made me want to kick him in the junk for thinking it was me.

This guy, I'd have been happy to claim. Mharr was solid.

But yeah, not me.

Oh and PSA: It is highly unlikely I will make any of the following archetype characters anytime soon:

1. HAR!ing dwarf/duerg. (Regular dwarf/duerg possible).
2. Ug. Yuh.-ing Fire/Cloud/Storm. (Regular fire/cloud/storm possible).
3. Righto then, old chap!-ing Elf/Half-elf/Human (Regular Elf/Half-elf/Human possible).
4. Felar axe spec.

Mharr (Guest)Wed 13-Aug-08 04:45 PM

#70869, "RE: HAR!"
In response to Reply #12

You have to admit... there is a certain seductive dark-side to running around screaming FARG'N HAR! I've had deep (normal) dwarves and giants, and enjoyed both... but as a comeback character I had to LET IT ALL THE FARG OUT! HAR!

It would certainly be a lot more entertaining as a bald felar axe spec, who immediately follows it with an overhead.

YoQuieroTacoBell yells 'FARG'N HAR!'
Schmoe yells 'Help! YoQuiero is trying to axe-murder me!'
You hear someone's death cry.
Schmoe yells 'Can someone help me get the roadkill out of my eyes?'

>This guy, I'd have been happy to claim. Mharr was solid.

Thanks? If I tumbled across one of your mortals, I hope it was good and know you can't say. Snoop me much? Feedback?

IsildurWed 13-Aug-08 05:36 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
#70884, "RE: HAR!"
In response to Reply #13

I'm a "Yar" man, myself.

Mharr (Guest)Wed 13-Aug-08 05:42 PM

#70886, "Oops. Below is my reply attempted reply to this post (n..."
In response to Reply #21

nt

Mharr (Guest)Wed 13-Aug-08 05:41 PM

#70885, "I'MA BUST YER THA FARG UP! HAR!"
In response to Reply #13

Can't use YAR after YER without sounding like (more) like a tool

DaevrynWed 13-Aug-08 03:16 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#70853, "RE: (DELETED) Mharr the Farg'n Battlerager, Apprentice ..."
In response to Reply #0

I didn't see a *ton* of this character, but what I did was fun. Nice job.

Mharr (Guest)Wed 13-Aug-08 03:34 PM

#70855, "RE: (DELETED) Mharr the Farg'n Battlerager, Apprentice ..."
In response to Reply #2

Thanks! I'm glad you liked him. He was a blast from this end, too

Mharr (Guest)Wed 13-Aug-08 03:10 PM

#70851, "Couple of things"
In response to Reply #0

PBF -- I can't really use any of the payment options. I've donated in the past, and will again, but if someone in the community would pick up the PBF I'd really appreciate it.

All the dwarf warriors that came after me -- Dwarf really isn't a great warrior race, guys. I made Mharr mostly for the role. I'm glad you were impressed, but come on...

Mharr (Guest)Wed 13-Aug-08 05:18 PM

#70878, "PBF covered by Lerzion (thanks! n/t)"
In response to Reply #1

n/t

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #70849 Previous topic | Next topic