Subject: "(CON LOSS) [HERALD] Tubnic Doughfolder the Weaver of th..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #70793
Show all folders

Death_AngelTue 12-Aug-08 06:12 PM
Member since 01st Oct 2024
17200 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#70793, "(CON LOSS) [HERALD] Tubnic Doughfolder the Weaver of the Elements"

Tue Aug 12 18:09:24 2008

At 10 o'clock AM, Day of the Bull, 15th of the Month of the Ancient Darkness
on the Theran calendar Tubnic perished, never to return.

Race:gnome
Class:invoker
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:HERALD, the Heralds of the Eternal Star
Hours:229

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [HERALD] Tubnic Doughfolder the Weaver o..., Kraenesk (Guest), 20-Aug-08 09:07 AM, #19
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [HERALD] Tubnic Doughfolder the Weaver o..., Tubnic (Guest), 20-Aug-08 12:21 PM, #20
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [HERALD] Tubnic Doughfolder the Weaver o..., Tubnic (Guest), 18-Aug-08 08:19 PM, #18
Reply Should have killed you when I had the chance!, Ruhktanshi, 13-Aug-08 08:59 AM, #15
Reply Goodbyes, Tubnic (Guest), 12-Aug-08 06:14 PM, #1
     Reply Sorry about being kinda naty to you..., Kreo (Guest), 12-Aug-08 06:22 PM, #2
     Reply RE: Sorry about being kinda naty to you..., Tubnic (Guest), 12-Aug-08 06:25 PM, #3
     Reply Well, more like a week ago... But considering the hours..., Kreo (Guest), 12-Aug-08 07:16 PM, #4
     Reply RE: Sorry about being kinda naty to you..., Sharri (Guest), 12-Aug-08 07:23 PM, #5
     Reply RE: Goodbyes, Shar (Guest), 12-Aug-08 07:27 PM, #6
     Reply RE: Goodbyes, Tubnic (Guest), 12-Aug-08 07:29 PM, #7
     Reply A dead stallion, Gulkra (Guest), 12-Aug-08 08:48 PM, #8
     Reply Tubby Tubtacular Tubnic!, Erelia (Guest), 12-Aug-08 08:52 PM, #9
     Reply RE: Goodbyes, Etielise (Guest), 12-Aug-08 09:42 PM, #10
     Reply Me?, Eshval, 12-Aug-08 10:46 PM, #11
     Reply RE: Me?, Plushka, 12-Aug-08 11:30 PM, #12
     Reply RE: Goodbyes, Yean, 13-Aug-08 08:04 AM, #13
     Reply Heh., Alkydrion (Guest), 13-Aug-08 08:29 AM, #14
     Reply LoLs... Twisty-Poo I remember that nt, Patick, 13-Aug-08 07:20 PM, #16
     Reply RE: Goodbyes, Ryasyn (Guest), 14-Aug-08 01:19 AM, #17

Kraenesk (Guest)Wed 20-Aug-08 09:07 AM

#71149, "RE: (CON LOSS) [HERALD] Tubnic Doughfolder the Weaver o..."
In response to Reply #0

Especially after Tubnic's PBF, I have a question for imms, Is there a way you can have PBF display role entries by the subject lines that the players assign them instead of by #1-#XX. This would make them a little easier to read at some points, if they were in order of entry and by title, and with the extremely long ones I could peruse through the ones that interest me and skip the overly long entries sometimes.

Tubnic (Guest)Wed 20-Aug-08 12:21 PM

#71153, "RE: (CON LOSS) [HERALD] Tubnic Doughfolder the Weaver o..."
In response to Reply #19

I titled them all with fairly straight forward titles, and those are always in the first line of role entries in the PBF also, ignore the typos and small grammar things, like skipping words, in a lot of them, I kinda suck at that

Tubnic (Guest)Mon 18-Aug-08 08:19 PM

#71123, "RE: (CON LOSS) [HERALD] Tubnic Doughfolder the Weaver o..."
In response to Reply #0

So I have the receipt for this PBF from a few days ago, but no PBF. Am I missing something? Thanks

RuhktanshiWed 13-Aug-08 08:59 AM
Member since 06th Aug 2008
23 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#70827, "Should have killed you when I had the chance!"
In response to Reply #0

But I thought it would suck to kill a naked mage at a pit! If only I knew you would rub it in my face two mins later.. Good mage concept and I thought the dimension you brought to the debate was really interesting, I'm sad we can't slug it out any more.

Ruhk

Tubnic (Guest)Tue 12-Aug-08 06:14 PM

#70794, "Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #0

Basically I started Tubnic off with the idea of writing stuff for the Lyceum because it's so damn outdated in the magic section. I figured it would be a good main goal for a character if they focused on every section, and it turned out really well. I also figured it would fit along the lines of the old Master's cabal lines for his philosophies and thoughts, even though I started on this MUD long after that cabal went poof (very fun idea though, would LOVE to see that cabal back :)). My test character to learn the invoker's guild was also a Herald, Aubrei. Huge difference in between the characters, if any of you interacted with both you would know :p All together I had fun, and now it's time to try something new to give that a shot. Also, just something that's been bugging me: role writing isn't that rough people, just pick something that interests you. Hell, I've never gotten more than a B in an english class (I'm a comp sci major) and I've gotten a lot of imm <3ing from just trying. Give it a shot and stop complaining :p Most writing comes from just being bored, or in my case, unemployed from California's loving laying off of 22,000 student assistants until the budget is passed :p

Events:

Joke Contest - Holy Hell did I love taking the submitted jokes and Tubnic'ing them up :p thank you to everyone that participated, it was pretty awesome.

Improve Night - Had a lot of fun with this one too, good job Ryasyn.

I wasn't too involved with the others as I SUCK at coming up with stories on the spot, and even more at writing poetry and such. Oh well.

Imms:

Eshval - Very, VERY awesome. I really need to roll a follower of yours someday, you were just really cool with popping up for interactions and the like. I don't know what else to say besides I REALLY want to try a follower under you sometime :P

Twist - Wish we had more interactions, seeing as I had originally planned to follow you, but we never seemed to mesh up on times with this character. I also never really could figure out how to exactly do your religion as a religion so much as a "This guy likes magic as much as I do. Cool. He's an equal of the arcane." Fun Fact: We run into each other in one way or another with a lot of characters. I was Jandur when you were Gal, Evori when you were Fobrin, Vyaeth when you were Hunsobo and Aubrei with Twisty-Poo :p

Neltouda - Glad to see a new Herald Imm :) Good luck establishing yourself and hope you have fun with it!

Yean - Your honorable mention in the role contest and the title really gave me the enthusiasm to keep going. Thank you SO much for it :) i had a ton of fun with this character and probably never would have gone as far as I did without that little morale boost.

Heralds:

Eti - At first I was pretty pissy with you after I got the feeling that you wanted all the Heralds to be bubbly poets and the like, instead of having a few of the more educatedish type like the Heralds of the past. After a while I guess either you gave in or I stopped caring what you wanted because I sure as Hell wasn't going to change my character for you :P All around you were pretty cool, and a damn good High Herald. Was fun to explore all over with you.

Ryasyn - We ranked hand in hand from the start pretty much, was pretty cool. You were like the exact opposite of Tubnic for the most part. Fun event ideas, awesome character, all around coolness. Sorry I laughed when you died at the Death Knight. I tried to tell you but yeaaah... and I'm kind of an ass OOCly :p

Cel - Really wish you and I were around more at the same times. Didn't get to interact with you a ton, but you were pretty cool too.

Shar - Same thing goes for you that I just said for Cel.

New Herald People - Good luck new guys! I expect awesome events *glare*

Erelia - Ethos: Chaotic Alignment: Chaotic. Fun character :p

Scion:

Waris - Was awesome traveling with you placed, you sure as Hell know your way around. Always cool seeing a powerhouse around that takes people exploring because it's one of the only ways I ever see places :p

Minvil and Sarach- Already told you in your threads. Great friends, awesome characters.

Village:

Dhaath - You're a beast :p Only reason I never really stayed around to fight you was due to some stuff I've heard from other mage people about you.

Ruhktanshi - Thanks for showing up to the Inn after my half assed idea was sent to you guys as a bit of a taunt :p Probably one of my worst ideas, but whatever.

Gulkra - You already know what I think of you :p Keep it up. Om nom nom nom.

Alkydrion - I wouldn't have minded you so much if you didn't always try to kill people in groups of three+. You seem like you're maybe 15.

Fortress:

Isty - Thanks for the Hell saving, was a fun little bit of RP Eshval threw out there for me to catch some goodies while we did a bit more RP and saved my own skin as I was close to leveling :)

Don't know much about the rest of you except for what I heard about leaving me in Hell :( Damn you.

Lyceum Updates - Jokes are nearly all compiled up as soon as I read through the stuff that was only done at the contest. I'll submit that probably in the next day or two. As for my writings they'll be in sometime. I've gotten through a LOT of stuff, now I just need to roll up some shifters to get info on them and then a conjie or two for ####s and giggles and I'll be good to go adding a whole new magic section. yay :) Also have plans for adding new stuff from other characters seeing as I LOVE the Lyceum, but it just needs some additions. I'm hoping the new Herald Imm is going to start picking through that, but I haven't a clue.

Anywho, it's been fun and I've got more to test out :) If someone would buy the PBF, that'd be awesome <3. Have fun all!

Kreo (Guest)Tue 12-Aug-08 06:22 PM

#70796, "Sorry about being kinda naty to you..."
In response to Reply #1

That really low-end kill on you... And stealing err, whatever I stole from you. (can't really remember) But Kreo was kinda wild when he was younger... Hope you didn't hate my char to much.

Tubnic (Guest)Tue 12-Aug-08 06:25 PM

#70797, "RE: Sorry about being kinda naty to you..."
In response to Reply #2

Uhh...younger? That was like three days ago :p

Kreo (Guest)Tue 12-Aug-08 07:16 PM

#70799, "Well, more like a week ago... But considering the hours..."
In response to Reply #3

Kreo really was quite a bit younger.

Sharri (Guest)Tue 12-Aug-08 07:23 PM

#70800, "RE: Sorry about being kinda naty to you..."
In response to Reply #2

Yeah I logged on and Tubnic basically asked me to put a leash on you. I said that was just your way of welcoming him to the family!

Shar (Guest)Tue 12-Aug-08 07:27 PM

#70802, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #1

After you were logged on but decided to spam spells instead of participate in my road rally, Shar pretty much decided she didn't like Tubnic very much, so she didn't spend much time around you. You did grow on her some over time but she's not really much on forgiveness. Good luck on your next one, I'm sure I'll see you around the Inn again.

Tubnic (Guest)Tue 12-Aug-08 07:29 PM

#70803, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #6

Actually "Practicing my Magics" was my way of saying my internet connection was being a ####head again :p Roomies tend to play halo 3 online at night and it causes my connection to flip out on me so I couldn't go running around without being killed and possibly not finding my corpse.

Gulkra (Guest)Tue 12-Aug-08 08:48 PM

#70806, "A dead stallion"
In response to Reply #1

Didn't seem to matter how many(Om nom nom nom) times I beat the living #### out of you. There was that ####ING quicksand, AGAIN. You had me at -200% movement from spam a good one time.
All around cool character, Gulkra never liked you--At all. In fact, you were the worst kind of Magi. Big words, big mouth, bigger spells, bigger ego. She discarded everything you said, and was convinced you had gate, and were part-elemental. Then again, Gulkra is paranoid like a cracked out wealthy white man.

Make another.
Make it Rager.
Moar plox.

Erelia (Guest)Tue 12-Aug-08 08:52 PM

#70807, "Tubby Tubtacular Tubnic!"
In response to Reply #1

Tubby, you were dead a lot, and so was I! Luckily, dead is a state of mind any immature ghost can grow out of--It just takes haunting, possessing, and lots and lots of booing, mainly from my crowds at joke-fests.
My jokes were horrible, your PK was worse--But it's okay! I was a Tubby lover all the same and I'm not afraid to admit it. I loved being fireballed by a drunk you after mimicking you saying something ridiculous, which was ridiculous, but I learned something. It's futile to try and ingest a fireball, especially when drunk yourself.

I was never sober and Erelia will probably never remember you, because she's always drunk. You were a nice little passing Gnome in her mind and you'll remain that Gnome for as long as she has a memory(Three days, approximately).
I know I never went into Herald, and I really had hoped to place some things in the Lyceum with you! I'll take your works and force it through Etielise's thick-thinned skull. Even if I have to use mimic more.

Etielise (Guest)Tue 12-Aug-08 09:42 PM

#70809, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #1

Sorry for jumping on you like that and making it seem like I want all the Heralds to be identical. It's just not so. It seemed a lot of the time, though Tubnic wasn't at all interested in the Heralds and just wanted a good way to get at Lyceum shelves. Either way, you put a lot of work and writing into the character and that's the reason I didn't jump on you more. I hate to be the person who whacks someone with the no-fun stick. Especially when that someone's trying to bring new life into a part of the game that I feel desperately needs it. Hooray for more new stuff in the Lyceum!

I got a pretty big laugh out of you Tubnic-ing up the jokes, though, and we did have fun times.

Glad you had fun.

EshvalTue 12-Aug-08 10:46 PM
Member since 22nd Aug 2004
519 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#70812, "Me?"
In response to Reply #1

First off, it's nice to have players approach seeking something beyond empowerment/tattoo/cabal issues. It give me a chance to interact on another level. I enjoy having to think of stuff on the fly.

Now I sent you some prostitutes while you were in Hell, and you just rejected their affections...was there something you didn't want to mention?

If you follow me, I will have to kill you. I was nice the first time when I fielded a prayer from you that went: "Hey Eshval. You here?"

I will hunt you down, light you on fire and put it out with an axe.

Oh, wait. Today is my nice day....Nevermind.

Luck

Eshval's email (I actually read my emails and answer them!)
eshval@carrionfields.com
BlackMarquessa@gmail.com

Eshval's slightly off-center (unofficial) blog.
http://blackmarquessa.blogspot.com/

PlushkaTue 12-Aug-08 11:30 PM
Member since 16th Feb 2005
150 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#70815, "RE: Me?"
In response to Reply #11

Tubby liked his women short, hairy, and with big eyes. Not Orcish And yeah, whenever I roll a follower of yours up it'll be with a bit more RP than "Hey Eshy, can I get some Imm <3ing empowerment action? Please? I've got a 50 dollar Boarders Books gift card <3" because I like your off the cuff RP. Very fun interactions though, and I'll be sure to find my way into being a bloody mess on your floors soon enough.

YeanWed 13-Aug-08 08:04 AM
Member since 23rd Jan 2007
275 posts
#70824, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #1

You're welcome. It was well deserved. Keep the rp flowing!

Alkydrion (Guest)Wed 13-Aug-08 08:29 AM

#70825, "Heh."
In response to Reply #1

15? Way off, buddy. Not sure what you're talking about, with the groups of three thing, you must just be in a pissy mood. You were the only one who didn't really try to RP with me, hence your skewed sense of who my character was, and also the only one who ever ignored me mid-RP conversation. Bravo.

PatickWed 13-Aug-08 07:20 PM
Member since 17th Oct 2007
134 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#70891, "LoLs... Twisty-Poo I remember that nt"
In response to Reply #1

nt

Alpha-Q

Ryasyn (Guest)Thu 14-Aug-08 01:19 AM

#70937, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #1

I remember when I first yelled out, "Wake up, Tubby!" because you were sleeping your guild, and when you snapped back at me for it, I knew the name was going to stick and I had to annoy the hell out of you.

Was awesome having almost constantly having at least one other person to travel with, even if we had to get a "bridge" a few times. Thanks for showing me some stuff about wands and all.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #70793 Previous topic | Next topic