Subject: "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Istdinen Slin'Thand the Composed a..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #70650
Show all folders

Death_AngelSat 09-Aug-08 07:28 AM
Member since 01st Oct 2024
17200 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#70650, "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Istdinen Slin'Thand the Composed and Erudite Scholar, Elder Prophet of the Light"

Sat Aug 9 07:27:52 2008

At 5 o'clock PM, Day of Thunder, 10th of the Month of the Spring
on the Theran calendar Istdinen perished, never to return.

Race:elf
Class:healer
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:451

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Istdinen Slin'Thand the Compos..., Malcolm, 15-Aug-08 02:12 AM, #12
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Istdinen Slin'Thand the Compos..., Istdinen (Guest), 11-Aug-08 11:57 PM, #4
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Istdinen Slin'Thand the Compos..., shamanman, 12-Aug-08 12:33 AM, #5
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Istdinen Slin'Thand the Compos..., Istdinen (Guest), 14-Aug-08 06:10 AM, #11
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Istdinen Slin'Thand the Compos..., Humbert (Guest), 12-Aug-08 07:35 AM, #6
Reply Great Job, Loved This Char, Yean, 12-Aug-08 12:44 PM, #7
Reply Thank you., Malcolm, 15-Aug-08 02:16 AM, #13
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Istdinen Slin'Thand the Compos..., Isildur, 12-Aug-08 02:53 PM, #8
Reply Healer, Penelope (Guest), 12-Aug-08 07:33 PM, #9
Reply RE: Healer, Istdinen (Guest), 14-Aug-08 06:02 AM, #10
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Istdinen Slin'Thand the Compos..., Pof Ajirkahn (Guest), 28-Aug-08 03:40 AM, #14
Reply I saw this coming. : (, Cormindon (Guest), 10-Aug-08 09:23 AM, #3
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Istdinen Slin'Thand the Compos..., Saerali, 10-Aug-08 07:00 AM, #2
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Istdinen Slin'Thand the Compos..., Ruhktanshi, 09-Aug-08 09:02 AM, #1

MalcolmFri 15-Aug-08 02:12 AM
Member since 13th Apr 2007
54 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#71033, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Istdinen Slin'Thand the Compos..."
In response to Reply #0

Okay I had a little more time to put this together and would like to make a couple more comments.

Hrefnwik the Hand of the Unseen, Spymaster of Blackclaw
I loved this char. I could have kept the Fortress safe (For the right price) forever. Also a great ally and friend in general. Qualdeus would be proud at your deal wheeling.

Nizidrayt Ironvein the Weaver of the Elements
We did some serious damage together. In your time there was a new breed of Outlanders coming through that I just had a lot of respect for. You could have let me land a kill once in a while however.

Bhaer Huston-Elem the Grand Master of Changelings, Provincial Magistrate
Walrus was just sick. Thank you for saving me as much as you did from Scions in Hamsah as much as you did.

Ajirkahn
My Hell companion. I wanted to take you further, but we would have needed more help. You should take the time to explore more on your own. You never miss a thing.

Gundisalv
Glad you got your position. I hope my aid helped. I really wanted to see more of you before I departed, but it was not to be. Best of luck.

Mizfara
As a character I had mixed feelings about you. I wanted to iron out some leadership issues with you that never seemed to be addressed. As a player I was definitely glad you were on my side. You made a brilliant Captain and a frightening foe. I love seeing Felars excel.

Myn
Dug you. We seemed to read one another well and then just every so often it would all go horribly wrong. I love chaos, but there just has to be limits to the turn around. Sorry you decided to delete.

Gease&Renkaide
I made it no secret I did not care for conjurers, but as characters I never questioned your dedication and always enjoyed your role play.

Kayella
I never quite got you. Cyruil and you clicked easily, but I had to work at our interactions which kept me on my toes and for that I thank you. As for 'Fatherly' I was a bookworm, emotion was something that never came easy unless it was in debate. Comes with the religion at times. Another I wish had stuck around.

Cyruil:
A well role played paladin. I wish I had taken the time to know you better, but I enjoyed out interactions. I'm still trying to carry out your Galadon goal.

Erendinia
What happened? You just vanished. Maybe it was our playing times, but I really felt some renewed vigor with you about. Not sure what to say, I hope to meet you in another form.

Vymin
My greatest hope and deepest disappointment. I worked hard to get you into that position against GREAT odds. Glad you got it, I just wish you had used it for a time. The Fortress is going to take a hit soon. The pendulum swings as such and it would have been nice to have you locked in place. Well done and best of luck with the next.

Corsix: I'll never understand why you stepped down, but you were what a leader should be on our end of the spectrum and kept good humor about it. It just hurt seeing that you walked away and we stopped having applicants for scribe. I think you kept them coming and I was sorry to see the drop off following your step down. Bards will always be my favorite class followed close by healers.

Synoria, I know I mentioned you previously, but I just had to add.. my best inductee by far.

Saerali. Interesting choices all around. I know you are going to excel.

People To Say Lousy Things About (I jest)
--------------------------------
Fatfrumos: You were frightening. Invoker/Shaman/Demon? Combo was devastating. Surprised I escaped you as much as I did. I really loathed you. Great RP however, baring the gear issues.

Kostyan&Igbah: You both had much the same effect on me. I could do nothing to you and you both could make me useless in about a round. I loved Kostyan's taunting (Better than any orc ever encountered. You really liked to hit below the belt and I loved that.)
Igbah.. Quiet with no need to brag about a thing. I'm not ashamed to say that if I did not have backup I left when I saw you coming.

Waris: I was never as scared of your unholy weapon so much as your luck. Fights were always fun and though Istdinen's real beef was really only with necromancers, as a player I liked picking fights with you which amount to me running several rounds in. Loved your roleplay and would have won money if I bet on the position you obtained.

Satebos: Oh how I loved to hate you. I have to admit I knew of one thing you needed and tried so hard to keep it from you. I'm a little ashamed now, but it is nice to see a lich in the game again. A competent one at that in my opinion.

Dkarfvoor: Most annoying thief ever. Bar none. Even that emperor who's name I can never remember (Not Urog.) One day I may give this a shot, but I am not good as a solo or with patience as you all probably are full aware of. I'll work on it.

Mal

Istdinen (Guest)Mon 11-Aug-08 11:57 PM

#70724, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Istdinen Slin'Thand the Compos..."
In response to Reply #0

Better late than never.

Cormindon's player was right, this has been coming for a while.

Yean: Your religion is difficult to say the least, but it was quite inspiring and I hope sometime I can finish the histories of players that really do deserve to be in the lyceum. I started this character as a just below obnoxious want to know it all and did my best to mellow as he aged. I tried to help people with information without spoon feeding to show growth and a never ending desire to never stop learning and teaching. You are great to follow and the interactions were superb, but I always felt as though I fell in the shadow of an EXTREMELY talented bard. Still hope I lived up to your expectations even if it was only to his mid-life.

Corlaan: Thank you for the trust.

Nep&Baerinika: Thank you for the talks, patience and consideration.

Fortress: Power center of the game right now. Though you do have a few players deleting out, you are in no way lessened by it. Acvilar and Hiajist, wish you had stuck it out longer. Humbert I looked up to you, remarkable character. Synoria, day of drama aside, you were a lot of fun to interact with. There were many of you that stood out, and I enjoyed all of you, but it would take me pages to name all of you.

Ruhktanshi: No secret you were that remarkable bard. Racked my brain to figure out who you might have been in the past, not a clue. Great role player, great leader and amazing writer.

Comments welcome from anyone who wishes to post anything and I will answer as my time allows. Thank you, one and all I had the pleasure of playing along side.

Mal: Mosem, Perdray, Idril, Kalemor and a host of nobodies to boot.

shamanmanTue 12-Aug-08 12:33 AM
Member since 05th Jul 2004
244 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#70727, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Istdinen Slin'Thand the Compos..."
In response to Reply #4

We interacted a lot.

As Sharillan you were a rare friend of mine. Sadly, the steam died in that character fast.

As Gramoak, I remembered you fondly from your arguments which convinced me to reinduct hiajist/acvilar.

But most importantly I remember you from Quiltell's short era, wherein you were always(always) the person I could count on to help me go in and beat ass without worrying about what was going to happen. So. Thanks.

Good healer, good job.

Istdinen (Guest)Thu 14-Aug-08 06:10 AM

#70947, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Istdinen Slin'Thand the Compos..."
In response to Reply #5

I enjoyed the diversity between Sharillan and Quiltell. Very different personas and varied fighting style and approaches. I would have never guessed you were one and the same. Much less I would have guessed you to be Gramoak. I had a great deal of respect for you an Siphana as characters. Standing there in that argument, feeling very much on the short end of the stick, I not only saw that there are still great role players out there, but those that listen and consider others perspectives and I greatly admire that.

Thank you for the fun with all three personalities, Sybil.

Humbert (Guest)Tue 12-Aug-08 07:35 AM

#70737, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Istdinen Slin'Thand the Compos..."
In response to Reply #4

Oh man... You deleted! A healer sharing my play times is... nice for exploring, to say the least. From what I could see, you were a good character who was Acolyte-y and kind and fit the bill for the Elder Prophet. I'll miss you, and thank you for thinking positively of me. I know there are some out there who hate me (for all the right reasons, sometimes ), but well having some people who like you more than makes up for the hate.

Thank you, and good luck with the next character.

YeanTue 12-Aug-08 12:44 PM
Member since 23rd Jan 2007
275 posts
#70771, "Great Job, Loved This Char"
In response to Reply #4

You lived up to my expectations alright...Istdinen was one of my favourite followers and I'd consider one of my best preacher style type priest to date. At the start of the religion I was wondering if it was going the way I intended, because nobody seemed to understand it (I have a knack for complicating things heh). Until the day you came to find me and started telling me about the things you learned during your meditations, which honestly impressed me, because you hit the nail on its ####ing head.

Also, part of the problem I think that made your path seem difficult, was because you picked a task/skill that requires a lot more effort than usual. I think breaking them up into parts would have worked better and tried to tell you in-game, not sure if you got it though.

In truth, almost every follower is distinct, so there's no need to compare yourself to anyone else. Overall, great job. I enjoyed this char a whole lot.

MalcolmFri 15-Aug-08 02:16 AM
Member since 13th Apr 2007
54 posts
#71034, "Thank you."
In response to Reply #7

For the time, patience and interactions. It took me a while to get it, but it started to feel right after a time. I like religions and puzzles that really make me think. Yours was the most challenging on an even level with Pico with whom I never had the slightest idea what he wanted.

You, Kasty and Amaranthe always add so much for my characters and I will always be a great admirer of all three.

Thank you again for reviving the role playing in me.

Mal

IsildurTue 12-Aug-08 02:53 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
#70780, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Istdinen Slin'Thand the Compos..."
In response to Reply #4

I liked having you around, and you seemed to do a good job of bailing people out of nasty situations. Including me. Though, that one time, it wasn't my intention for you to altruism me if it meant you were going to die.

This is a weird question...did you ever play drunk? There was one evening when we got into some discussion, and I could swear you were under the influence of...something. Seemed unlike your character's normal demeanor, and it never happened again after that. Was just curious if I had imagined it or not.

Penelope (Guest)Tue 12-Aug-08 07:33 PM

#70805, "Healer"
In response to Reply #4

I hope you learned a lot with this healer, mechanics-wise. Reading logs and fighting against you (with newer incarnations), you did a lot of things in group combat that made me scratch my head.

If you apply the lessons you've learned to your next, you will make a very competent healer.

Good luck.

Istdinen (Guest)Thu 14-Aug-08 06:02 AM

#70946, "RE: Healer"
In response to Reply #9

Your statement is almost a verbatim quote from someone about my last healer.

My take on a good healer is this: Be just as willing to be the victorious hero standing over your vanquished foes as you would be the pawn that draws them into defeat, even if it means sacrificing yourself.

Pof Ajirkahn (Guest)Thu 28-Aug-08 03:40 AM

#71500, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Istdinen Slin'Thand the Compos..."
In response to Reply #4

I rarely search these forums... but I made it a point to find you... I just gotta say kudos on showing me so much, and kudos on rping with me so regularly... I could always appreciate a high caliber roleplay session anytime we decided to sit down and do something other then go off to some obscure region for some object :-P

Really appreciate those times... we also had some insane fights... some we lost... some we won...

Cormindon (Guest)Sun 10-Aug-08 09:23 AM

#70679, "I saw this coming. : ("
In response to Reply #0

There was some IC things I still needed to talk with you about.
Oh well. Hope you had fun.
I hope to see you again.

SaeraliSun 10-Aug-08 07:00 AM
Member since 11th Jul 2008
16 posts
#70678, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Istdinen Slin'Thand the Compos..."
In response to Reply #0

Sorry to see this. Although I think we only met once or twice, you definitely gave Saer some things to think about - I was hoping for more interaction sometime! GLWYN...

RuhktanshiSat 09-Aug-08 09:02 AM
Member since 06th Aug 2008
23 posts
#70653, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Istdinen Slin'Thand the Compos..."
In response to Reply #0

Hrm. I'm sad to see this. You and I were the only two Yean followers left I think. We always had this mutual respect and sister/brotherhood and it was always good to rp with you. I would have liked to see how things would have worked up the way things currently are. We were opposite sides of the same coin. So I think. Great Char that will be missed. GLWYN!

Ruhk

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #70650 Previous topic | Next topic