Subject: "(DELETED) [SCION] Minvil Freth'arvel the Holy Warlord" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #70616
Show all folders

Death_AngelFri 08-Aug-08 11:48 AM
Member since 01st Oct 2024
17200 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#70616, "(DELETED) [SCION] Minvil Freth'arvel the Holy Warlord"

Fri Aug 8 11:46:02 2008

At 4 o'clock AM, Day of the Moon, 28th of the Month of the Frost Giant
on the Theran calendar Minvil perished, never to return.

Race:duergar
Class:shaman
Level:45
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:SCION, the Scions of Eternal Night
Hours:117

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DELETED) [SCION] Minvil Freth'arvel the Holy Warlo..., Neltouda, 09-Aug-08 10:15 PM, #17
Reply RE: (DELETED) [SCION] Minvil Freth'arvel the Holy Warlo..., shamanman, 08-Aug-08 06:18 PM, #10
Reply Oh! stxt, shamanman, 08-Aug-08 06:21 PM, #11
Reply RE: (DELETED) [SCION] Minvil Freth'arvel the Holy Warlo..., Mizfara (Guest), 08-Aug-08 06:36 PM, #12
Reply later dude, Raknar (Guest), 09-Aug-08 01:56 AM, #13
Reply RE: later dude, shamanman, 09-Aug-08 06:22 AM, #14
Reply Of interest, Eshval, 09-Aug-08 06:05 PM, #15
Reply Dammit! That is VERY annoying!, Kreo (Guest), 09-Aug-08 06:51 PM, #16
Reply I really did like hanging around with you., Kreo (Guest), 10-Aug-08 05:39 AM, #18
Reply Sucky, Kharnial (Guest), 10-Aug-08 02:13 PM, #19
Reply We need teh Perma :( Awesome job., DaBull (Guest), 08-Aug-08 05:06 PM, #9
Reply Good job, man. You were cool. Nice character. n/t, Myn (Guest), 08-Aug-08 04:51 PM, #8
Reply RE: (DELETED) [SCION] Minvil Freth'arvel the Holy Warlo..., Volubryotr (Guest), 08-Aug-08 04:04 PM, #7
Reply I enjoyed our fights and your RP, Kernagor (Guest), 08-Aug-08 03:51 PM, #6
Reply RE: (DELETED) [SCION] Minvil Freth'arvel the Holy Warlo..., Tubnic (Guest), 08-Aug-08 03:23 PM, #5
Reply RE: (DELETED) [SCION] Minvil Freth'arvel the Holy Warlo..., Alkydrion (Guest), 08-Aug-08 02:49 PM, #4
Reply Oi, Waris (Guest), 08-Aug-08 02:49 PM, #3
Reply Always risky., Gulkra (Guest), 08-Aug-08 12:41 PM, #2
Reply What happened?, Carintsei (Guest), 08-Aug-08 12:32 PM, #1

NeltoudaSat 09-Aug-08 10:15 PM
Member since 28th Jul 2008
161 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#70670, "RE: (DELETED) [SCION] Minvil Freth'arvel the Holy Warlo..."
In response to Reply #0

Oh Minni. It was really fun stepping out of my own shoes, and getting to be a dragon of all things. Roles that play into areas are always great! I'm glad you enjoyed all of the little interactions, now you'll have to come over to the stormy side.

shamanmanFri 08-Aug-08 06:18 PM
Member since 05th Jul 2004
244 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#70643, "RE: (DELETED) [SCION] Minvil Freth'arvel the Holy Warlo..."
In response to Reply #0

Thanks to all the replies below, I didn't think this would cause that much of a fuss.

I loved Minvil's role, and playing him. But as near as I can tell Shamans just dont stack up well at the hero range. I think I did pretty well pk-wise up until I hit hero range, and then the level differential, plus the complete lack of an ability to jack up my opponents dexterity really dampened things. I just couldn't touch some people(arial ragers) who I used to pistol whip five levels back. I'm not sure what all changed, but from 40-45 Minvil got a LOT weaker.

Thanks to Waris for taking me into Yzekon, its an area I like and I'm glad I got to see it, and I hope Kharnial gets back around, because he was classy and cool.

As to my enemies, none of you all rubbed me the wrong way, and I liked just about all of you. Kernagor was a childhood buddy I ranked up against(though yes, I did shamelessly loot a few of your items, I'll admit. Its not like they went to waste though .)

My one gripe is with the Village, but I've always been a hard-core stickler for parity, and thats becoming more and more the wayside. Props to the ones who did hold that one down pat.

Lastly, but far from least, a big shoutout goes to Trel'aran, who took this dragon-god I'd dreamed up long ago playing Tralling and reading the texts in Aran'gird, to a reality. Thank you for the effort put forth, and thank you for an honorable mention in the RC. I really enjoyed Minvil from a roleplay standpoint, that said, I just dont think I could do the pk part of scion justice with a hero shaman.

Which is sort of ironic.

Shamanman.

shamanmanFri 08-Aug-08 06:21 PM
244 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#70644, "Oh! stxt"
In response to Reply #10

Also to the gnomes who helped me rank and regear countless times. Thank you so much. And Kreo. I had a lot of helping hands who really put me back on my feet after a few particularly nasty deaths/full loots.

Kreo, Valren, Tubnic, Gesnerlege, Laraiyin. All of you were very helpful, and thanks for that. Being the lone scion is a bit rough.

And on a dirtier note, to that worthless naked fly-to murder spamming shifter. You're pathetic. I dont even know what to say about someone who spends 85% of their sessions flying around ass naked attacking anything that moves and full looting the kill when they -finally- catch someone. I was hoping to get you back, but never saw you on after you snagged one of my suits.

Mizfara (Guest)Fri 08-Aug-08 06:36 PM

#70645, "RE: (DELETED) [SCION] Minvil Freth'arvel the Holy Warlo..."
In response to Reply #10

My only complaint against Minvil is that, if I recall, you snagged some of my gear one time when I died to some subset of Waris/Kharnial/Igbah. Can't remember who it was that killed me, exactly, or what it was that you took, but I remember it being something you couldn't possibly use.

Raknar (Guest)Sat 09-Aug-08 01:56 AM

#70647, "later dude"
In response to Reply #10

I thought you had a lot of balls for someone in your position. I still think it is kind of low that you lowered yourself to trying to force game mechanics into making me wanted but I can understand you frustration. unless you caught me conjuring you don't have a lot of hope vs a conjurer. I respect your chas and look forwad to your next.

shamanmanSat 09-Aug-08 06:22 AM
244 posts
#70649, "RE: later dude"
In response to Reply #13

I really dont view as what I did forcing game mechanics into making you wanted. You're in charge of your servitors, just like I'm in charge of my nightwalker. It just comes with the territory of the class. Yeah, I got you wanted. But you coulda done the same to me.

EshvalSat 09-Aug-08 06:05 PM
Member since 22nd Aug 2004
519 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#70666, "Of interest"
In response to Reply #10

One thing that is handy for me...I can spot your characters fairly easily now. In the same vein, I can count on a fairly rapid delete.

A Scion shaman is hawt. I have seen a few of them come and go and they can rack up the pk ratio if they understand the process. Likely you would/should have gotten into the killing role shortly, you were just missing a few things (a major one is to keep the sups up ).

I would love to see you change your style of play and see if you could last one out to age death. Min did okay on this, but for the most part you seem to feel you are an attack flying squirrel who leaps at his/her enemies. Mind you...a rabid squirrel can be nasty.

Luck

Eshval's email (I actually read my emails and answer them!)
eshval@carrionfields.com
BlackMarquessa@gmail.com

Eshval's slightly off-center (unofficial) blog.
http://blackmarquessa.blogspot.com/

Kreo (Guest)Sat 09-Aug-08 06:51 PM

#70667, "Dammit! That is VERY annoying!"
In response to Reply #10

You owed me BIG time. heheh I'll post more later, wife yelling at me.

Kreo (Guest)Sun 10-Aug-08 05:39 AM

#70676, "I really did like hanging around with you."
In response to Reply #10

You were well RPed, and seemed to you know your way around. Got really annoyed when I saw you delete. You know what you owed me! Dammit! hehe

Can't wait for your next one.

Kharnial (Guest)Sun 10-Aug-08 02:13 PM

#70686, "Sucky"
In response to Reply #10

I had high hopes for you. I thought your rp was very original, and thought it could go far. Not to mention that you did pk quite well.

See, this is what happens if I'm absent for a week. Bleh.

DaBull (Guest)Fri 08-Aug-08 05:06 PM

#70641, "We need teh Perma :( Awesome job."
In response to Reply #0

You keep constantly impressing me with your last couple. Dare I say it?

You're starting to really come into your own.

Hope to see the new one soon (as if I can't already spot him ).

Myn (Guest)Fri 08-Aug-08 04:51 PM

#70636, "Good job, man. You were cool. Nice character. n/t"
In response to Reply #0

n/t

Volubryotr (Guest)Fri 08-Aug-08 04:04 PM

#70633, "RE: (DELETED) [SCION] Minvil Freth'arvel the Holy Warlo..."
In response to Reply #0

Dude, one of my favorite foes.
I'm a little bit sad to see this.
Rather a good player sport on that one
hamsah guild death of mine
Just an all around 'good' enemy from
my standpoint. Win or lose I was going to
have a heart-pumping good time, and maybe
some banter off and on.

Good luck with your next.

Kernagor (Guest)Fri 08-Aug-08 03:51 PM

#70631, "I enjoyed our fights and your RP"
In response to Reply #0

Yes, you and your lowbie scion friends did get a bunch of gear from my corpses. Thank you for returning what you did, and as for what you sacced, well, I understand.

Once you got to hero my opinion of you improved considerably. Always up for a fight, never cowardly despite your pretty good set. And psht, I should have had you a few times, but never quite got there. Shaman versus maran searing light mace spec = bad matchup. Was hoping for more out of this, but since Kharnial dropped off the face of the earth and Waris's times aren't as long now, Scion must be lonely, especially during late evening logins where the fortswing is in uber powar.

Oh well, I had fun with this guy. See you in the fields and good luck with your next.

Tubnic (Guest)Fri 08-Aug-08 03:23 PM

#70629, "RE: (DELETED) [SCION] Minvil Freth'arvel the Holy Warlo..."
In response to Reply #0

Oh God damn you. You were one of Tubnic's friends and one of my favorite characters to talk to/go running around with. Good luck with your next.

Alkydrion (Guest)Fri 08-Aug-08 02:49 PM

#70628, "RE: (DELETED) [SCION] Minvil Freth'arvel the Holy Warlo..."
In response to Reply #0

This is a shame....I liked our fights, i think things would have swung the other way for you had you made it to hero. You've got class, a good attitude, and I can't wait for your next char. See you in the fields.

Waris (Guest)Fri 08-Aug-08 02:49 PM

#70627, "Oi"
In response to Reply #0

I somewhat wondered when this was coming, Hero shamans are meh.

Loved interacting with you

Gulkra (Guest)Fri 08-Aug-08 12:41 PM

#70620, "Always risky."
In response to Reply #0

Sorry about that one incident--You remembers.

I liked Minvil. AWESOME taunts, AWESOME tells, and generally good RP from what I saw. You kept Gulkra on her toes with those damned witherings, though earlier in our fights you couldn't land a thing.

Coolest Scion I interacted with, and definately one of the cooler enemy characters.

Carintsei (Guest)Fri 08-Aug-08 12:32 PM

#70619, "What happened?"
In response to Reply #0

You seemed to have huge balls and were always looking for a fight. For some reason, you didn't stack up well against me, but then again, I did have quite a few levels on you... but once you attacked, I couldn't let you get away.

I tried to leave you with all your gear so you could go kill some goodies... team evil needs help

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #70616 Previous topic | Next topic